1,514 reviews

PayPal Here

Mobile point of sale software to process online payments

4.6 /5 (1514 reviews) Write a Review!

1,514 reviews
Dexter S.

Care very little if anything about customer satisfaction

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

If one does not care about interaction with this type company you have found your match. Bought a piece of software and used it or attempted to. Customer service attempted to install it for me and could not get it to work. I finally gave up and Paddle.com/Paypal would not refund even given the fact that their staff had attempted to get it installed. Paypal stated that downloaded software is deemed to have been delivered and refused to work out a sensible solution.

Pros

The ability to pay without exposing my credit cards to potential hackers carries a semblance of comfort!

Cons

They were absolutely the best until Synchrony became part of the package. Since this marriage customers get stonewalled and even though I had been a customer for over 17 years they decided (because I sometimes use a VPN) to cancel my use of the program. In the bylaws, they are required to send an explanation of any changes to your account. Which I still have not received! You really have not lived until you attempt to contact them when you have a problem. It took 4 days of leaving messages through email and no one could even offer a reason. After being a customer for 17 years one would think at least an email attempting to inquire about the problem would have been forthcoming! But I guess that exceeds their care to maintain a relationship.

Jon G.

Easy, convenient payments with Paypal Here

Reviewed on 22/1/2021

Overall very happy with my experience with Paypal Here. It is quick and easy for both the customer and vendor, especially with contactless payments options. The fees are fair and one of the lowest I have encountered. Plus the Paypal name is trustworthy. I highly encourage anyone to look into this payment software and system.

Pros

The software offers a lot of convenient for my business because it allows for easy and instant payments from customers. It has also saved us a lot of payment processing fees, which are lower than most other services.

Cons

Setup is a little daunting but is worth doing right to take advantage of the convenience of having it.

Jessica P.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Paypal Here Makes Running A Businees So Easy

Reviewed on 24/7/2020

I have been able to successful run and online business with Paypal here. I can do all my purchases, transfers, invoices, and payments. It has made running a bussiness easy and enjoyable! I highly recommend for anyone is who is branching out and starting their own bussiness.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Plus they offer so many different products for you to be able to accept payments from customers. Also, the invoicing feature is amazing!

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was when I use my business debit card it had a fraud alert. I think you should be able to set up an amount and any ourchses over that alerts you sonyou can approve or decline the purchase. With this being a bussiness account I wanna make sure everything is as protected as possible.

Harley D.

My "Go To" Billing System

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

Makes record keeping and accounting a breeze for a small business.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. I use it exclusively for my companies billing as I provide service work and when paid through PayPal it automatically shows invoices marked paid. Recent loan program is also utilized and easy to use. Just set the percentage of money you want to have credited to loan and it is seamless. Never have to schedule a payment

Cons

It would be nice if cost were to be lowered for extensive usage as percentage can add up quickly, it seems the cost should be capped or percentage lowered the more utilized

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Easy to use, as long as I can get the card scanner to work.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Overall, I think this app and pay experience is a great way to have small organizations have the ability to take these types of payments in various situations and locations. However, if the card reader doesn't operate well, it defeats the purpose and can make the organization look unprepared or unorganized.

Pros

This app is set up in a very user friendly format. I like the use of the larger font sizes for all text and buttons. I use this app for fundraising events, so having the option to filter items to each event is a great feature. The sale area is clear and easy to edit if a mistake is made. The sales activity area is also very user friendly, and easy to manage and review sales. The look and feel of the app is very well paired with the website experience.

Cons

My only issue with this app is that I have repeated trouble using the swipe card reader. Even upon receiving a new reader with a new iPad, I sometimes have to swipe 4 times to get the card to read. This is not ideal when I have a donor standing there watching me and I have to apologize. I always test the reader before each event with my own card, to see what problems arise. Luckily, I typically only have to use the card reader with individuals I know and work with, so it's not as much of an embarrassment. I have taken the iPad out of the case to see if the connection would work better. Sometimes that does work better but not always.

Silvanus O.
  • Industry: Dairy
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

PAY & RECEIVE MONEY ROUND THE WORLD

Reviewed on 22/1/2020

on a general note, PayPal is proven to worth the trust given so far.
Absolutely no regret has been recorded and i will recommend PayPal over and and over many other online money channeling merchants.
you can trust my word for it

Pros

Using PayPal has given a whole lot of advantages to remote job people to receive money easily for their services anytime
Receiving money via PayPal does not have any unnecessary hidden charges or exorbitant tax payable compared to many similar online merchants

Cons

The restrictions placed on some developing countries need to be reconsidered as it happens that these people constitute a huge population of user that PayPal could take advantage of

The Verification processes of Business entities registering for a business account with PayPal need to be more detailed so as to safeguard users money and dealings

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Relieable Product

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

It is becoming a cashless society and so this fills that void by allowing people to purchase product without cash.

Pros

It's been around a while so people know it by name when they hear about it. Easy to ask or send money, or send someone a request for money with a invoice.

Cons

That is cost so much to use it that I have to add a little cost to my card transactions to help offset the cost.

Jack H.

Ability to accept card & contactless payments easily

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Paypal Here has meant my personal training studio and physiotherapy clinic has been able to take card payments, this has been of great convenience to both myself, my staff and my customers in that we no longer have to deal with cash.
The portability of the card device and the app based software have meant we are able to take payments on the go if we are training outdoors or at an event.
The software is easy to use and very intuitive.
The only fees are the cost of the card machine and then a very small percentage of the transaction meaning it has been much cheaper to run than many other options such as renting a card machine.

Pros

Affordable for small businesses
Integrated card machine allows card and contactless payments to be made
Card machine is easily portable and with the system being app based it means I just need a phone and signal to take transactions when on the go.

Cons

The Bluetooth connectivity can be a bit patchy depending on the device it is connecting to.

Victor J.

The esential app for modern frelancers and entrepeneurs

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

Since I am a freelancer, most of the time I work with people who do not use the same currency as I do, or simply, they prefer to make every transaction right on PayPal, and since most of the time people like me are busy, its really nice to have direct access to the PayPal feature on your phone, with no complications. Things, like paying or transferring to an employee, requesting money for a debt, even splitting a bill, becomes really easy. In my experience, I think is a MUST HAVE in your phone and in a daily basis as an entrepreneur. I couldnt work or solve as fast many problems that you face in your daily basis without it.

Pros

There is so much to say about this, things like waiting for long logging time to get to your money, or pay for products or services is long gone, this app has helped me so much for my business, I could be at a train station, on the bus and even exercising in exteriors and still be managing my money, the payments for requested products, ask a client for a payment real quick, even if one member of my family needs some i can just transfer directly from the app. Its just marvelous.

Cons

Not really much like cons, but more like, maybe a little interface enhancement would be great. Or how to navigate through the menu. The current one is ok and usefull, but I trully believe it can improved to make transfer and request even more fast.

Christopher B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Perfect

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

Pros

PayPal here is perfect for any small business owner. It is extremely easy to use, and the user interface looks perfect. The prices are fair and the customer service is very friendly. The fact that you can make invoices and send them out to customers via email or text message is incredibly handy. PayPal will also send you out a free card reader.

Cons

I think the only downside to PayPal here is the fact that most debit and credit cards are moving to either a touchless interface or using the chip. It does not seem that PayPal here is quite yet suited for touchless and chip as well as some others. You can still use them but you have to pay a good amount for the readers.

Melissa M.
  • Industry: Farming
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/4/2021

I own a seasonal business so I don’t need a regular POS system. PayPal is perfect for my application. I don’t need to have a minimum of sales so it’s very flexible. It was a life saver this past fall for us.

Pros

This credit card system was very easy to set up and use. It was a last minute decision as our previous credit card mobile system kept crashing causing long wait times. PayPal saved the day. We only need a mobile system seasonally and they are the go-to for us. I highly recommend PayPal.

Cons

There’s nothing to not like! My business loves it!

Thomas S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Pay Pal App

Reviewed on 14/1/2020

My overall experience is nothing but happiness and a great tool to invest in for the future and now.

Pros

This software is great for people who use paypal for shopping and paying for internet stuff like food or clothing or anything that accepts PayPal. I find this an easy app, because it directs you where you need to go and like how much you can take out of ATM, and daily balances if you have a good bit of money in paypal.

You can send money to people as well as people can send money to you, like in case of emergency or anything of that matter and it will show within no time at all and I think this is an app many should get and try because this PayPal is the future of apps.

Cons

I did not see anything wrong with this app. I have had no problems and I see it as a future tool even for the younger generation and everyone alike. So I would recommend this for sure.

Brittany H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

The absolute best!!!

Reviewed on 12/6/2020

I've always used to paypal.com website for years then when they came out with that app I was ecstatic to try it!!! I downloaded it and that was it I love it!!! It's so convenient and so extremely easy to send money and get money in return the transfer to your bank account happens in seconds!!!

Pros

The app is so much more convenient than the website!!!with the app you don't even have to login you just click the app open and there it is all your information is ready for you to go!!!

Cons

They don't have a referral bonus for everybody it's only for selected individuals which seems a little bit unfair.

James C.
  • Industry: Design

A very useful tool!

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

brilliant! very convenient!

Pros

The Paypal Here App along with the Paypal card reader is a must have for any on-the-go business that needs to take card payments. I have been using the app for about a year to take payments from my clients whilst on the go, it is immensely convenient! The app is very easy to use and only takes a few clicks to set up a payment on the reader - i'd recommend it to anyone!

Cons

I sometimes experience bluetooth connectivity issues with the card reader whilst using the Paypal Here App is the

Aharon H.

Very efficient

Reviewed on 16/8/2020

It is usually a nice option to have available for clients paying for their animal care, and I imagine it would be helpful in any client based buisisness.

Pros

This is a great alternative way to accept payment from clients. Instead of having to wait for someone to read a card number over the phone, they can simply log in and send us payment.

Cons

In order to use this service, the clients must have an account and be able to use the app. This is not the fault of PayPal, it is just an inconvenience.

Ayse A.
  • Industry: Translation & Localisation

practice

Reviewed on 16/6/2020

Even if I was not satisfied with my purchase, or if I was faced with a scam, I could cancel the transaction and request a refund. That's really a plus.

Pros

very easy to use, I was using this account for personal use. At the very beginning, in order to guarantee the security of my purchases on the internet

Cons

noting, but Now, I think they raised their fees. When you receive a refund, a management fee is charged, or because of the currency. The amount deducted is really exorbitant at times.

Mike M.
  • Industry: Capital Markets

A great alternative to square

Reviewed on 7/4/2021

Many pay via cash app or venmo but many prefer card payment so it's a good option to have on hand its not like you are paying monthly fees.

Pros

Money goes straight into your PayPal account and it's safe there . You can use your debit card to cash out .

Cons

None that I saw maybe someone else has reserves about the product but for me it's been Great overall.

Guilherme D.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great APP, but not the best in market.

Reviewed on 29/5/2019

It's a great app for sure, easy and simple to use. Good to receive your daily payments.

Pros

Paypal App is certainly a good way to receive your money everyday. It accept both credit and debit cards and you can transfer money to any person in the world, who has a paypal account, just by typing a e-mail or phone number.
But, if your client/suplier don't have a paypal accountm you can't transfer to his bank account. Only through paypal.

Cons

It should have a option to transfer your money to a bank account, not only paypal accounts.

Keenon M.

Paypal Here--Perfect for small business

Reviewed on 25/3/2020

Overall I like the ease of use and the fact that it allows me to accept cards in person over the phone or any other way.

Pros

I like the ease of use, and the fact that you can get paid anywhere. The software does come with a free card reader and a chip reader can also be purchased. The rates are fair. 2.7% on swipes and 3.5% to key in card numbers. It also works with other paypal products.

Cons

It can be complicated and the customer support is not always the best and it really isn'tfor personal or private use.

John H.
  • Industry: Fine Art
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great for what it is

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

I've enjoyed using this product because it's so small, so simple, & feels empowering.

Pros

It's becoming less common but I still have people buy art from me in person using a plastic credit card. For these occasions, I love having the PayPal Here app & the accompanying card reader that plugs into my smartphone. It's super easy to use & everyone recognizes it's legitimacy.

Cons

The thing I dislike is the same thing I dislike about all card readers.. the processing fees. I only use this when I have to, though, & the fees seem comparable to any other product of it's kind.

Bri S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Now its a breeze to pay for things!

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

Fantabulous!

Pros

I have always been a fan of PayPal, I find it to be very useful when paying for items across boarders, non-commercially and in general for internet purchases alike. Most online stores give you an option to pay via credit card or PayPal. I like the fact that I have multiple option to choose, to suite my financial requirements. Also it can be convenient when you are purchasing items for a merchant that does not accept credit cards. This way you can go through PayPal (which is linked to you credit card anyways) and pay through them. Making both merchant and customer happy!

Cons

No a lot really. Their platform could use a bit of a 2020 interface update, but other then that; great product, great service. Highly recommendable.

Tom H.

Great free substitute for a checking account that rewards you every month for all...

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

I like the monthly cash rewards I receive. I set up all my recurring payments in my account now since I get rewarded for all my debits. The more activity I have, the bigger my reward. I even used it to purchase my car.

Cons

It takes up to three business days to transfer money to my regular checking account. Also, some customers don't like using PayPal so I risk losing their business.

Jennifer H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Paypal Here App

Reviewed on 6/7/2020

My overall experience with Paypal Here App has been very good. I love the app and how I can log in to it from my phone and know exactly what is going on and see all my statements. It helps keep me organized which is very important to me.

Pros

What I like most about paypal Here App is the fact it is easier to keep track of your statements and also your credit cards to be able to keep track of the statements for them. It helps a lot of keep your on going spending or selling easy and to simply keep track of everything your doing.

Cons

My cons with paypal overall I do not really have any. The only problem I've ever had with paypal software at all is a few times with companies taking money from my account which paypal would instantly fix and pay back.

Syed R.

PayPal Here App is really a smart way to pay and convenient

Reviewed on 14/9/2020

My overall experience with PayPal Here App is great. It has some limitation. However, PayPal Here App made few things easy for me.I like to use it.

Pros

PayPal Here App allows you to access your account from various kinds of smartphones at any time. For business its secure to pay to the unknown person. It's made the checkouts secure and quick when we buy items online from the different stores. We don't need to enter or save credit cards for every time. PayPal Here App is a quick way of sending /receiving the money to/from a friend or family who uses this too. Where ever you go it's always with you which is really makes checkouts super quick.

Cons

I think the inability to use PayPal balance to pay off credit card. is a limitation.There is no way to use it for in store shopping.The fee to send small amount of money is too much for some people . I think fee should be waived.

Darshan Y.

Takes the overhead of carrying cash

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

i been using Paypal for quite a while now and i dont remember when was the last time i carried cash with me. its the convenient way to do shopping

Pros

Paypal really helps enduser to avoid cash while travelling anywhere in the world, Just share your id and you are good to go

Cons

There are lot of other vendors who offers cashback when we do transactions which i feel is missing over here