PayPal Here

4.6 (1,706)
Mobile point of sale software to process online payments

(1,706)

1706 Software options

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Convenient!

Reviewed on 15/6/2021

Overall, this has made our store a success and processing inventory easy!

Pros

We use PayPal for our online store and it is so easy for our customers and for us! We are working on getting a card reader for an in-person point of sale, but haven't tried that yet. It's also been really helpful to track the orders that have been processed and giving a refund when needed was very easy!

Cons

A few customers have been annoyed that they needed to set up a PayPal account, but it's not hard to do.

Lorena Q.

My best friend since I've been freelancing

Reviewed on 6/7/2018

Currently, almost all my payments for freelance work come through this medium, so without Paypal, I would have no money, basically.

Pros

Paypal's reach and the ability to receive payments from anyone quickly and easily is definitely its greatest advantage. In addition, notifications are always fast both by email and by the app, payments can be processed at any time from the smartphone, and its portability is an advantage for any freelancer or business.
And, of course, the fact that it is one of the most widely used online payment methods.

Cons

The first thing they should try to correct is the unnecessary blocking of accounts. They're not only annoying and unexpected (any small action can lead to being blocked, in my case, a trip), but they also take a long time to solve the problem, the verification is absurdly slow and they don't give much support so the account is unusable during that time.
The other thing I would like them to take into account is the users outside the USA (there are so many of us). Getting the money out of Paypal is very difficult because we can't receive the card, and half of the balance it goes away in commissions to make the currency changes or withdraw the dollars. Not to mention that the commissions for payments are one of the highest of these platforms.

Coty T.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great option for inside business sales for small businesses!

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

The experience I have with PayPal is always amazing. They're safe, reliable, and I wouldn't choose any other software to manage my in store transactions.

Pros

PayPal here was always a tool I used before I grew my small business. It offered simple, easy to use and understand mechanics that some merchant transaction softwares didn't offer. I love how easy it is to use, and especially how quick it is. Most of all, I love how I can incorporate this into my already existing PayPal Business account to always manage receipts, invoices, and history.

Cons

I dislike the amount per swipe percentile. Each business has their fees, whilst there's others out there who are cheaper to use.

Rebecca D.
  • Industry: Photography

Paypal here review

Reviewed on 9/7/2019

It's been an incredible experience! I love that it's available on my smartphone as an app, so when I'm on the go. I can quickly and efficiently send an invoice, receive payment or transfer funds.

Pros

I love that it's available on my smartphone as a app, so when I'm on the go. I can quickly and efficently send a invoice, receive payment or transfer funds.

Cons

I currently have no cons about the PayPal here app.

PayPal Invoicing

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

Because I already had a PayPal act and was convent for me.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Paypal

Reviewed on 6/9/2018

Pros

I love this software and the availability that it allows you to collect money from customers and also pay customers out of any number of your personal accounts. I do like the fact that Paypal allows a family member to send you money owed without a charge to to the one receiving the funds.

Cons

My only issue with Paypal is the cost you have to pay to use the software if you are the one receiving funds from the customer. This takes away any profit you may get when selling an item. Most of the time a person is selling an item at a reduced cost anyway. Also, Paypal charges for the entire item plus shipping which I do not think is fare. The seller is not getting the advantage of shipping and to be included is not right.

Scott K.
  • Industry: Machinery

PayPal here is the best way to take card payments with your cell phone

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

I’ve had nothing but a great experience using PayPal here. I previously used a competing software and it was horrible in comparison. PayPal here will be around for a long time because it’s just a great program.

Pros

So convenient to be able to take credit/debit card payments with your cell phone! Payments go straight into your PayPal account and are available immediately. Very easy to use, just plug the card swiper into the headphone jack on your cell phone and you’re good to start taking payments.

Cons

The only negative thing I can think of to say about PayPal here is the transaction fee is a little on the high side, wouldn’t mind seeing it a little lower.

Brandi G.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Very Convenient for Events

Reviewed on 9/1/2019

This is the perfect app to have when you are off site for an event of if you have a business that travels and can't take a large register with you. Or even if you just need to charge someone for something on the go. Highly recommend.

Pros

You are able to create a list of items for sale to make events easier when you are running credit cards. For example, I pre-populated a list for ticket sales and raffle tickets so that they didn't have to be typed in individually each time, and the amount was already in there. So all you need to do is submit the number of each item. The customer can receive an instant email receipt if they choose. Cards can be run with a card reader that attaches to your phone or tablet or entered manually in the case that the card reader isn't working.

Cons

As long as you have a good wi-fi connection or phone service connection things usually run pretty smoothly . The longest part of things is usually having the customer enter their email address to receive a receipt, but other than that things go pretty quickly.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A trusted payment method

Reviewed on 18/1/2019

I have used Paypal many times without having any problem. I think that this is the best option for keeping safe our card details when doing online transactions.

Pros

I love Paypal here since it is a trusted and easy method to do global payments. I have used Paypal as my payment gate since the day when I started online shopping. Without giving our card details for the all websites which we need to do the transactions, it provides more safer plan. Because of that we can save ourselves from giving the card details for the vulnerable sites. This application supports many platforms such as Windows, Mac, Android, etc. Paypal is extremely useful for me to do my transactions within a very little time period with efficiency. Currently most of the sites provides Paypal as a payment option. As a 3rd party application, Paypal provides a better service and I can recommend the Paypal for online transactions.

Cons

To be honest, I do no have any negative thoughts or any issue about the Paypal until today.

Mat K.

They Keep Making it Better

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

Overall PayPal has been fantastic to use. With features like PayPal Here and their new online invoicing for business accounts we have been pleased with the product. Fortunately we don't need customer service often but in the cases we do, we are hoping they'll work to improve the training of their team so that they sound like they care about helping.

Pros

What I like most is that the brand is trusted when it comes to online payments. People know that if they pay through PayPal, their payments are secure.

Cons

Their customer service has gone downhill over the past 12 months. Their team seems indifferent to helping and they seem to communicate a "this is our policy" style of customer service instead of a genuine desire to help.

This is where the e-money is

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

The PayPal Here app is great to view and maintain the e-money with ease. However, with your bank in the pocket, you have to be extremely careful to protect your phone.

Pros

PayPal is a great solution to pay in the e-commerce platform as it'll secure your transactions while securing your money. Many freelancers use PayPal to get their payments and many vendors support PayPal as their primary transaction platform.

Cons

They are strict in policies and will block your account in case if they suspect you have violated their policies. However, some countries do not support PayPal. I think it should be available for more regions as some businesses only allow PayPal for their transactions.

Beverly W.
  • Industry: Automotive

Life saver for small businesses!

Reviewed on 6/5/2019

This app allowed us to accept credit cards for our small business and basically have faster access to our money.

Pros

The Pay Pal Here App was an absolute savior for our small business. It allows you to get the sales from credit cards that you would not have been able to get without using this App. In todays world it is ABSOLUTELY crucial to be able to accept credit cards because very few customers carry cash. This raised our sales for our small business ten fold.

Cons

The only issue that we noticed is that it does not have an off line mode which to work and if you have bigger sales - I believe it's over $4000/week it takes longer to get your money. I believe it's a 30 day wait. All and all the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

Rolland G.

PAYPAL REVIEW

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Fantastic product! Easy to use. The employees that have access to it, already know how to use it. Most my employees have been using PayPal for years for personnel use, so I don't have to train them.

Pros

Paypal is so easy to use. What's not to like about? Easy to add funds from my bank account and to refund customers on returns. I have access to all my history of sales and returns. reconcile my bank statements vs paypal is painless.

Cons

I have no complaints about Paypal. It's super easy to use. I havent even tried other products, because I have no issues with Paypal.

Paulo fernando D.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Fast and efficient

Reviewed on 11/7/2019

Paypal is an easily applicable tool. We use it every day in our activities to make purchases payments
of products in small quantity, which gives us an advantage over payments quickly. Our suppliers waste time and suffer with excessive fees when we do not use Paypal. Its practicality makes the whole process easier for our employees. We began a recommendation process for business partners to create a large network of users.

Pros

Completely simple to use, user-friendly interface with tips and support, online explanatory material, huge competitiveness compared to competitors in the same industry.

Cons

There is not much criticism, just the need for a good internet for good use and investment in partnerships and marketing making it a more popular tool.

Keith B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Simple to use and your information is protected well

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

I can honestly say I have never had an issue with Paypal, they communicate well and respond quickly

Pros

Can invoice customers directly to their email, my website is linked to it directly so the funds are available quickly. They protect both buyers and sellers from fraud.

Cons

I have not found anything that paypal's program does not do, nor have I run into something that it did not do that I said, this might be a nice feature

Amanda M.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Accept payments anytime and anywhere!

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

I first used paaypals square mobil payment device years ago and was instantly sold. I am able to travel to events and sell inventory while being able to accept credit cards just like I am at my bricks and mortar location. It has helped me grow my business.

Pros

Functionality and portability. The ability to take my business to the next level, traveling to events and new location marketing and selling product.

Cons

Word of mouth is not as wide spread as I thought about this wonderful app. People have trust issues, but I am helpung build their trust and gaining customers.

Daily Life Saver

Reviewed on 16/4/2018

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is very simple and there are so many customization options. I can create invoices and add my logo. I can present my logos that way I don't have to type in the same information repeatedly. I get a notification every time money goes in and out of my account. I just love it and it makes getting paid easy.

Cons

The only con is the fees you have to pay as a business holder or if your sending over a certain amount of money you will have to pay a fee as well.

Manuel P.
  • Industry: Farming

Love this app

Reviewed on 20/7/2021

Love it I'd recommend it to my friends and family

Pros

Who wouldn't want to accept payments thru the phone or computer and I heard they are merging also so thays better

Cons

The 5% fee for transferring to your bank but hey i5s better then the others go2bank charges me 10 a month even if u don't use it.

• Industry: Mental Health Care

Paypal for Payment of Services

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

Pros

I love how secure using Paypal Here is, if there is any error either on my part of through the fault of a client, I rely on Paypal Here's accessibility and purchase protection feature. Especially during a global pandemic, I love the touch free payment options and I am easily able to track my service fees, company purchases and invoices.

Cons

So far, so good! I am really impressed with Paypal Here's value for money.

• Industry: Capital Markets

PayPal can be better

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

in general my experience is positive on the other hand I think that it is very important to have a good customer service and be present in the Arab countries as well

Pros

PP allows us to carry out online transactions without having to communicate my bank details. very practical to pay for our purchases or make a transfer, which is a real time saver.
The platform also offers to settle any disputes between a buyer and a seller. Thus, in the event of a disagreement, if the buyer requests it, Paypal can take control of the dispute and try to find a solution.It's a principle of trust that I really like.

Cons

Paypal is not available on all merchant sites. we can only pay via Paypal when the site accepts it, which is not always the case.

In addition, you should know that Paypal is entitled to resell your personal data, in particular to Facebook or Criteo for the purpose of "advertising recycling" is it makes you want to not use paypal often enough

Nery L.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 18/7/2021

Pros

I like that PayPal here is easy to use and the set up is not very difficult. If you already have an existing PayPal account you can easily link the two and which makes things even easier. You can take pictures of your product, set prices, tax and discounts all from the app on your phone if you like. You can fine tune descriptions and other details on your PC if you choose too. The card reader is free and works well with my Android phone and all cards. I have never had an issue with the reader.

Cons

You cannot really keep tabs on your inventory or it is not as detailed.

Ani P.

Give me my $$

Reviewed on 11/6/2021

Pros

The ease of use, convenience, and my clients like it.

Cons

Wish I could get my $$ without waiting few days or paying a % to get instantly.

Aaron M.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Went from great to just okay

Reviewed on 25/3/2019

I used to love this app, and use it on a weekly basis for my business, but after a few updates it has just gone down hill. It started with just not working on my personal phone, then it stopped functioning on my computer and on my wife's phone. We uninstalled and updated on all devices, but it would no longer allow us to complete a purchase by typing the card numbers in, in fact it wouldn't even let us get to the screen to try and place the charge. This really has inconvenienced us as a business, as many of my clients are using church credit cards with no personal names on the cards, while they always had issues making payments via the paypal site because of this, they had always been able to make their payment by giving me the payment info over the phone. I have since had to have those clients send personal checks which is okay, but I am waiting for payments 1-2 weeks, whereas before I was paid instantly.

Pros

I liked the functionality of it in that it was easy to take payments where ever you are. It was simple to use, easy to understand, and great for being able to instantly send receipts to clients.

Cons

I dislike the fact that the fee is higher if you are not swiping the card, because in my business I have clients all over the world and very few that are local that could actually just swipe the card.

Ashley J.
  • Industry: Design

10 OUT OF 10

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

10 out of 10. the fact my transactions go through immediately is just AMAZING and I can control it all at a fingertip

Pros

EVERYTHING! It is so easy to use and navigate and contact my customers when it comes to transactions!!!

Cons

I literally love everything about this program! So easy to use and navigate through and to be able to contact my customers through it makes it even better!!!

Mohamed C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Quick PayPal app

Reviewed on 14/6/2021

Pros

This application is easy to use, smooth and fast in sending and receiving money

Cons

Yes, there is a problem with this application, and it is as follows: The main interface is slow. This is the only problem that I encountered, thank God that I did not face any other problem, and despite all this, this remains the first application in its field.

Samira K.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

super sensitive to fraud

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

this is my main money transfer platform to send and receive money with friends ad also online shopping.

Pros

I like the safety of paying using paypal in my online purchases. It let me to keep my credit cards information hidden and secured

Cons

the fraud detection algorithm is super sensitive to comments that cause many false alarms and hold on transactions.