PayPal Zettle Reviews

PayPal Zettle

4.6 (2,240)
Mobile point of sale software to process online payments

(2,240)
4.5/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.3/5

Lorena
Lorena

My best friend since I've been freelancing

Reviewed on 6/7/2018

Currently, almost all my payments for freelance work come through this medium, so without Paypal, I would have no money, basically.

Pros

Paypal's reach and the ability to receive payments from anyone quickly and easily is definitely its greatest advantage. In addition, notifications are always fast both by email and by the app, payments can be processed at any time from the smartphone, and its portability is an advantage for any freelancer or business.
And, of course, the fact that it is one of the most widely used online payment methods.

Cons

The first thing they should try to correct is the unnecessary blocking of accounts. They're not only annoying and unexpected (any small action can lead to being blocked, in my case, a trip), but they also take a long time to solve the problem, the verification is absurdly slow and they don't give much support so the account is unusable during that time.
The other thing I would like them to take into account is the users outside the USA (there are so many of us). Getting the money out of Paypal is very difficult because we can't receive the card, and half of the balance it goes away in commissions to make the currency changes or withdraw the dollars. Not to mention that the commissions for payments are one of the highest of these platforms.

Carol
Carol
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

It was Great- until they made one little change

Reviewed on 23/1/2023

I needed a quick fix when they were phasing out our version of Quickbooks POS and we wanted something a little more flexible. After spending nearly a month looking for a new system we settled on this one, price is right, processing fees aren't bad, reporting was adequate enough to get by and we expected/hoped that it would get better the longer it was in use in the US, I was very wrong. The 'features' they've added have been mostly useless.

Pros

It's free, it's by PayPal so you can trust it and the price can't be beat

Cons

I've let a lot of things slide because it's free, but now that they transfer EVERY credit card transaction to my PayPal account it's terrible to try to reconcile in Quickbooks. The reporting is truly terrible and the customer service is basically non-existent. Try to even find the help section on the PayPal site. It's like they bought and make money off this thing, but don't actually want to support it.

Lightspeed Restaurant

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Zettle

Too expensive and clunky

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

It checked enough boxes for us to make the switch
Dexter

Care very little if anything about customer satisfaction

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

If one does not care about interaction with this type company you have found your match. Bought a piece of software and used it or attempted to. Customer service attempted to install it for me and could not get it to work. I finally gave up and Paddle.com/Paypal would not refund even given the fact that their staff had attempted to get it installed. Paypal stated that downloaded software is deemed to have been delivered and refused to work out a sensible solution.

Pros

The ability to pay without exposing my credit cards to potential hackers carries a semblance of comfort!

Cons

They were absolutely the best until Synchrony became part of the package. Since this marriage customers get stonewalled and even though I had been a customer for over 17 years they decided (because I sometimes use a VPN) to cancel my use of the program. In the bylaws, they are required to send an explanation of any changes to your account. Which I still have not received! You really have not lived until you attempt to contact them when you have a problem. It took 4 days of leaving messages through email and no one could even offer a reason. After being a customer for 17 years one would think at least an email attempting to inquire about the problem would have been forthcoming! But I guess that exceeds their care to maintain a relationship.

Bianca

DONT WAIT GET THIS NOW

Reviewed on 17/12/2023

Pros

I love PayPal zettle it’s very easy when you at the store and to purchase a item all you need is a quickly scan !

Cons

No cons everything about it is good I told my friend and family about it

Verna
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Don't Settle, Get PayPal Zettle!

Reviewed on 22/6/2023

Overall, PayPal Zettle has improved our payment processing and we highly recommend it to other small businesses who are looking for a POS solution.

Pros

Zettle is a replacement and an improvement to the old PayPal Here. Zettle allows me to accept more types of payments, has same day availability of funds in our business PayPal account and has been a game changer for my business, especially processing payments at pop-up markets.In addition to the many payments accepted (Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover, ApplePay, GooglePay, VenMo, etc), Zettle makes accounting simple by automatically creating daily sales reports of each employee and providing the ability to keep track of inventory. Paypal has done a great job creating Zettle POS and app.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about Zettle, but I will say, our biggest challenge was getting acclimated to a new system after using PayPal Here for years. That said, the learning curve was not that difficult.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Because I had used PayPal Here previously, I decided to stay with PayPal and try Zettle.
Basma
  • Industry: Sports

PayPal Zettle Advantages

Reviewed on 3/10/2023

As I’m an admin, I’m very stressed in managing many stuff such like meetings, organizing tournaments, visas issuing, reports, staff follow-up and so on, and this app made things easier to me at the time I was checking and reviewing the lot of bills, payments and receipts, which reduced stress on me and saved my time.

Pros

It’s easy, simple, quick to pay and receive.

Cons

There is no obstacles or difficulties I found during using it.

PayPal

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

The reputation, easiness, security and privacy.
Joseph

Zettle for payments

Reviewed on 13/2/2024

Pros

I appreciate the fact that Zettle is now automatically implemented in most banking apps, so sending and receiving money is really easy.

Cons

The only thing I would suggest is for Zelle to be compatible with more banking apps. I know it's compatible with most of the big ones, but there are still a few out there that aren't using Zelle.

Bonnie
  • Industry: Computer Games

Zettle great POS tool

Reviewed on 21/2/2024

Pros

Point of Sale tool. Good for making more sales.

Cons

Cost. Although not extremely expensive the cost implication needs to be considered.

Rebekah
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Love PayPal

Reviewed on 11/3/2024

Pros

Very easy straight to the point and access

Cons

Nothing I like everything I never had any issues

Baptiste
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great POS Software

Reviewed on 15/2/2024

Absolutely great for the price. It makes processing payments easy.

Absolutely great for the price. It makes processing payments easy.

Pros

It is super easy to set up. You can take it anywhere with you.

Cons

I wish there was a way to integrate this on my e-com site.

Tama
  • Industry: Veterinary

Perfect for small to medium businesses

Reviewed on 30/6/2021

We are an animal rescue, and we hold adoption events both at our rescue and in other places (parking lots, pet stores, etc.). The biggest benefit of PayPal Here is the mobility - we can take payments anywhere, and can have multiple volunteers set up with the mobile app to do so. It's reasonably easy for new users to figure out, and also easy to correct mistakes that occur - refunding an incorrect amount is a simple two-click process, and it goes through quickly for the customer. Payments go through quickly, as do transfers to our business checking account.

For me as the treasurer, the fact that the PayPal Here transactions go into our "standard" PayPal account is great. I can use the reports as generated by PayPal or download transactions to Excel or into QuickBooks to merge them into the overall reporting for the board. They're clearly marked so I know which are from PayPal Here vs. the donation button on our website so that I can correctly categorize the income quickly.

Pros

The best thing about PayPal Here is that it is 100% portable. We can process donations or adoption fees from our rescue, a pet store, a street fair - as long as we have a bar or two of signal, we can accept any major credit card. It also has a QR code option, so if the customer has the PayPal app or would prefer a 100% touchless transaction, we can generate that code and they can pay from their own phones rather than having to physically hand over a card. The readers are small and easy to tuck into a pocket, and have proven remarkably sturdy in spite of some pretty rough handling. (Literally had a puppy chew on one, and it still worked just fine afterward!) (Welcome to life in a rescue, y'all, puppy is gonna chew ANYTHING that falls out of a pocket into their enclosure...)

Cons

The card readers can be a bit fiddly, especially for folks with older model phones. The newer Bluetooth readers in particular are unusable by several of our authorized users who stubbornly cling to their ancient Androids (not PayPal's fault). To be fair this can easily be overcome by manually entering the card number, but the fees are considerably higher than when we are able to swipe the card or insert the chip into the reader.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

The fees were more reasonable for us as a nonprofit, and the seamless integration with our existing PayPal account was a big plus for us. It was also a more familiar interface for our users, and at the time had better options for setting up individual user access so that we could have some people who could only take payments, others who can process both payments and refunds, and admins who can see full balances, make transfers, etc.
Obrian
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

PayPal zettle I love it

Reviewed on 9/1/2022

My over experience with PayPal zettle is great it is simple one of the best out there which is great PayPal is always innovative I love it

Pros

What I love about mostly about PayPal zettle is that to me the revolutionized the point of sale business which I know others giant company are big man, I’m not new to using PayPal services over the many years I’ve been a PayPal user but what PayPal did with zettle is next level where I don’t necessarily have to have excellent internet connections to take payments I can do over simple mobile internet and the transactions are always a success, PayPal put in a lot of work into it and I love it…

Cons

What I don’t like with it which could be just a software issue is that something it just disconnect from my phone off its own which is a bit annoying but it takes seconds to reconnect so it can work around probably a software update can if it and sometimes the card payment fails like 1 or 2 but it never goes over the third retry so I think those can be fix with an update they are minor but if it happens in a rush it can be a big deal but some problems

Jennifer

Great for POS

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

Pros

I like that it’s easy to use and has excellent reports

Cons

The only thing that I wish PayPal here would do is work with a PC computer

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Zettle

Ease of use, quicker deposits

Square Virtual Terminal

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Ease of use and availability on different platforms
Frank

Very Helpful to a Small Business

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

We run an online auction and have 50 people a week coming to pick up their items. Some can pay with cash but in this day and age offering another option is critical. We do not accept checks but PayPal is a great tool for our customers.

Pros

The ability to receive funds without the worry of waiting for them to clear or become NSF. I receive an instant notification when funds are received from a customer.

Cons

The fees to receive funds should be a tad bit lower. I understand there is no subscription for the product I am using so there does need to be some type of revenue for the app, but as a small business these funds can quickly eat into our profit margin.

Venmo

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Name recognition and ease of use for the customer.

Relieable Product

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

It is becoming a cashless society and so this fills that void by allowing people to purchase product without cash.

Pros

It's been around a while so people know it by name when they hear about it. Easy to ask or send money, or send someone a request for money with a invoice.

Cons

That is cost so much to use it that I have to add a little cost to my card transactions to help offset the cost.

Worth it if you already use Paypal

Reviewed on 21/1/2020

Paypal Here App allowed me to process payments in person relatively efficiently. It was important for me to have a way to do this, and Paypal offered an easy solution to this problem. I eventually moved on to other payment processors but it was highly useful to use Paypal Here since I didn't have to create another set of logins and could connect it immediately to my existing Paypal account.

Pros

It's easy to connect to your Paypal account so whatever money you process with the chip reader will be directly transferred to your Paypal account. It doesn't require a contract, which was a plus for me. It's a free software unless you upgrade your card reader to one that also accepts chip and contactless cards. It does have the security guarantees of Paypal, which is a plus.

Cons

It has fees for international currencies. It also becomes a more lengthy process to get your payments if the amounts exceed certain thresholds in a given period of time. Paypal in general has customer service that gets the job done but doesn't really make resolving issues simple or easeful. You also have to execute an action yourself to transfer the money from your Paypal account (after it's automatically deposited there from the processing) to your bank account, so it does add one more thing to do to your list.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

At the time, PayPal Here App seemed like an easier to implement solution since I was already a PayPal user. Eventually I did switch to Stripe in order to better integrate the whole payment solution into my website and in person.
Eduardo
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Easy to process the pays of your customers.

Reviewed on 6/5/2022

Pros

It easy to use for your customers. And it is so secure for processing pay for the customer and the business.

Cons

Sometimes we had a problems with the gateway, because Paypal couldn't process the customer credit card and lose the sell.

Elizabeth

A Fantastic Way To Start!

Reviewed on 16/8/2017

Overall, this was a great POS for our company to start with at mobile markets. It was simple and straightforward and I found the customer support to be great! If you need/want a simple POS to get you started, give it a try!

Pros

This was an easy way to get started with a POS. It was free and simple to setup. I found it very simple to change the products around, as well as prices. The app is simple to install across different devices and platforms and it works just as well on my android as it does on my staff's iPhone. Adding products to the shopping cart and checking out is a breeze. Also, it is simple to change tax rates within the app. This was helpful for mobile events that we needed to change the tax rate temporarily. It also worked well for multiple people to use at different events. Finally, the company was awesome at sending more swipers to get us setup. We realized that we needed 5 people to be able to ring up product across multiple events at a given time and paypal was quick to send us more swipers and get us up and running!

Cons

There isn't much style to the app. This doesn't really matter, but once our company was established and we started using a different POS in our store, this was only used as a backup and my staff actually complained that there weren't pictures of the products.

Harley

My "Go To" Billing System

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

Makes record keeping and accounting a breeze for a small business.

Makes record keeping and accounting a breeze for a small business.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. I use it exclusively for my companies billing as I provide service work and when paid through PayPal it automatically shows invoices marked paid. Recent loan program is also utilized and easy to use. Just set the percentage of money you want to have credited to loan and it is seamless. Never have to schedule a payment

Cons

It would be nice if cost were to be lowered for extensive usage as percentage can add up quickly, it seems the cost should be capped or percentage lowered the more utilized

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Ease of use for small business.
Maikel
  • Industry: Automotive

Safe but costy

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Since I have started Papal, I always had great experience, its safe, reliable and secure: The 3 words when you deal with clients and money. customer service is understanding and reliable. PayPal offers more ways to connect with them than the traditional banks. Also, the fact that you get a code for each "situation" you have it facilites the exchange of information. With PayPal you can general many kind of reports, something that normal bank account dont all have.

Pros

At the time of Covid, we are always looking for new ways to keep transactions cashless. This new feature with Paypal gives me, as a seller, a new way to get paid. It is great to have this add on for my business because many clients rely on Paypal for their purchases/sells. Not Paypal is becoming more centralised for all my sells. Also clients appreciate it because they have all their favorite methods of payment under same same application. It replaces the old fashion "apple wallet or google pay"

Cons

The cost of this feature is expensive to the seller. If we compare it to other debit/credit cards terminal on the market, it costs more.

PAYPAL PROS AND CONS

Reviewed on 1/6/2021

My overall experience with PayPal, the anxiety over online shopping is taking away because i know my money is protected and it makes my online shopping and earning effortless,
but,with that said I'm still trying to figure out how to transfer money,without being charged on both ends.
would definitely recommend this site to anyone who shops online or conducts their businesses online.
PayPal has to remember some of us were not born with a cell phone,some of us had black and white 2 channels tv's with rabbit ears for static.

Pros

VERY EASY TO SET UP ONCE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO.WHEN THERE IS A DEPOSIT IN YOUR ACCOUNT,YOU ARE NOTIFIED IMMEDIATELYTHEY DO NOT HASSLE YOU AT ALL.
YOUR MONEY IS SAFE AND ITS A FANTASTIC APP FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME AND HAVE A SECURE WAY OF IT BEING PROTECTED MORE SO IF YOU ARE DOING ONLINE SHOPPING,IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR PRODUCT IN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME THEY TAKE ACTION TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK,BECAUSE THEY SECURE YOUR MONEY AND I WOULD GO SO FAR AS TO SAY ' BETTER THAN SOME WELL KNOWN BANKS".

Cons

AH,CONS.THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH PAYPAL IS TRYING TO TRANSFER MONEY TO OTHER CARD OR EVEN BACK TO MY OWN PRIMARY BANK ACCOUNT THAT I HAVE LINKED PAYPAL WITH.
THIS SITE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BECOME AS BIG AS OTHER NATIONAL BANKS,ONCE THEY DECIDE TO MAKE IT MORE COMFORTABLE FOR THE GENERATION THAT WAS NOT BORN INTO THE COMPUTER ERA.

Leba
Leba
  • Industry: Restaurants

Paypal is an amazing application just like using a credit card or bank card Paypal is safe

Reviewed on 18/3/2022

My experience with PayPal is it’s quicker to use it’s responsible of me getting all my income from surveys from a lot of applications ,iTunes ,Netflix ,everything , it is an amazing application that can replace a credit card in a safe away and without Paypal I feel lost

Pros

Paypal I love it because it’s an amazing application just like use your credit card PayPal is safe it’s private what I mean is it can’t be hacked and Paypal also protects your credit cards and using PayPal has help me so much to get my income quicker, it’s so easy more easier than a credit card ,I have made so many accounts of PayPal because it’s an amazing application that can be used everywhere and Paypal now has its own credit card and I think Paypal is worldwide

Cons

It’s like a credit card that’s so safe what I mean is it used everywhere and when you have your Credit in Paypal it’s protected. By using PayPal ur credit card numbers can never be seen ,Paypal without it I would feel lost.

Epiphanie
  • Industry: Utilities

PAYPAL ZETTLE revise

Reviewed on 29/6/2022

Excellent! I have been a customer for over 1 years without any worries, as a saleswoman and buyer. I think the customer service is excellent and we talk to resourceful people who listen and express themselves well.

Pros

An online payment usually offers different options: credit card, debit card, bank transfer (which slows down the process because it is necessary to check the arrival of the money), and Paypal Zettle . In the latter case, this option makes it possible to secure the user since he does not have to give his data as in credit cards, but Paypal Zettle is rather associated with a bank account and thus offers a certain confidentiality when it comes to performing this transaction efficiently.

Cons

It is a platform that asks for commissions on certain transactions. Paypal Zettle charges a commission to the seller for the use of Paypal Zettle as a payment platform if it has a type of business and the sale is related to it. But he does not bill when a payment is made to an individual or to a company that has already set its price before the product purchased. There are personal and business account options that will be used in case you wish to associate a specific company as a payment option.

Mohamed
Mohamed
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

PayPal Zettle is great for everyone

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

just loved it.

just loved it.

Pros

1- The payment solution is compatible with most vendors.2- carry out online transactions without having to communicate my bank details.3- Paypal can take control of the dispute and try to find a solution. It's a principle of trust that I really like.in general, It's easy to use and perfect for in-person selling.

Cons

Nothing. just one thing is PayPal security takes too long to accept new payments from a new PayPal account and that is waste of time.

GoPOS

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

easy interface and trusted one.
Joyce

Very Easy To Use~

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

I've used it for several years and have had very few issues. When I did, support was easy to deal with!

Pros

This software is very simple and straight forward. I've never had an issue using the app. I love that I am able to swipe cards with my phone!

Cons

I wish the app offered the whole suite of things that the computer one did. I use invoicing almost daily and would love if it were on the app.

Square Point of Sale