GlassWire

Network security and monitoring with built-in firewall

4.7 /5 (52 reviews) Write a Review!

Saqlain M.
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Awesome piece of Software

Reviewed on 2/8/2019

SUPER AWESOME BRO

Pros

I love this software. I am very found of good software, useful software, which now a days are very scarce. I can not thank developers enough for making a software which shows what application uses the internet and uploads/downloads to what address. This kind of detailed information hub reviles the vulnerability which I didn't know was there before. It also enabled me with the power to block the traffic. Simply "It Is AWESOME"

Cons

I don't know of any cons yet, I have used just the trial. But it will be very bad if they record our browsing history and logins. Which they say they don't but real truth will come forward in time.

Response from GlassWire

Hello Saqlain, thanks for your review!

You wrote "it will be bad if they record our browsing history and logins". We agree!

That's why your data never leaves your device. We couldn't record it even if we wanted since we never have any access to it. https://www.glasswire.com/privacy/

You can confirm this by finding your data usage database on your own PC. https://www.glasswire.com/userguide/#Moving_Database

We are not a cloud service that keeps your data on our servers.

Muzammil S.

Best Network Monitor

Reviewed on 21/8/2020

The Overall Experience is awesome and glasswire is the application that i kept in my auto start-up when my computer starts. I am using this application on all of my 3 devices which are computer, laptop & on my android smartphone. Even I have suggested this application to my many friends and they are using the same.

Pros

1. Security : It protects your computer from all malicious attacks & it gives you the ability to approve or deny a network connection running on your computer.

2. Convenience : we can check the network without even opening the whole application. It notifies all the changes made to the network.

3. GUI : The Graphical User Interface Is Awesome. The Graphical Speed Chart of Internet Speed gives all Current and past network speed.

4. Built-In Firewall : Already Said the Glasswire firewall Helps us to protect from malicious attacks and gives the ability to approve or deny network connections.

Cons

There are no cons in the application according to me. My Only Suggestion to glasswire team is that the premium prices of basic & pro should be decreased 5-10$.

Almost complete

Reviewed on 19/8/2020

Great product

Pros

I love the way I can block individual programs from accessing the net.

Cons

I would love to see a Ubuntu and Mint (which is Ubuntu based) build for Linux. This is really a "missing" issue with Glasswire; no Linux support. I am happy to update this review if Linux support is added.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

A must have for metered connections!

Reviewed on 1/8/2019

GW has helped me take control of my metered connections and prevent programs like email clients and others transmit large volumes of data in the background. A must have for metered connections and as an addon to the security s/w!

Pros

The ability to control all the applications installed in my pc and the data volume they use especially with metered connections. Also, it offers you a real-time protection on top of the security s/w you use without slowing down the connection or the computer.

Cons

Sometimes it needs to be reset - does not start automatically with Win10

• Industry: Hospitality

A great simple firewall

Reviewed on 5/5/2018

Pros

This does a great job of blocking traffic and presenting all the traffic on a nice clean UI . Everything is easy to access and learn how to use.

Cons

Not really a huge fan of the tiered software options but I understand it. I would rather just pay for a pro version and get all the features but it is most accessible to others at the different price points.

Joe G.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great product - great for home user

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

Good product for assessing network performance on my device

Pros

This product is great for seeing who (program) is using network and when

Cons

I have not had difficulty with it, works as specified.

Austin M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Super good!

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

I’ve put this on my roommates laptop and every time he makes me mad, its so fun to remotely block his applications that he uses every day

Pros

I like how the full functionality is within the tabs on the top of the screen, very easy and useful interface

Cons

One thing I wish had more functionality is the firewall. It’s an application firewall that’s to be in conjunction with your OS firewall, It would be cool if it had more integration with it and included ports that could be blocked or filtered out.

Jonathan H.

Very Useful Product

Reviewed on 13/1/2017

The ability to stop software from connecting to the internet and the ability to watch for spikes in data usage from my computer is very useful.

Pros

Ability to block software from connecting to the internet is very nice. The notifications you get each time a software has a new version number and is trying to connect to the internet is wonderful. Also the well designed interface is a joy to use.

Cons

No cons, I'm just really pleased with the software.

• Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

All in all an interesting support

Reviewed on 20/8/2020

Absolutely satisfied!

Pros

- Easy to use
- Full control
- very good display

Cons

I don´t have anything against its use. Maybe if I intensify its use.

Mike H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great network traffic visibility at a reasonable price

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

I'm involved in network security and seeing the traffic and applications creating that traffic helps when diagnosing possible malware.

Pros

This product is easy to use and provides great visual cues for what traffic is going to and from your computer. If you need to know what is happening, this tool is great for that.

Cons

The product seems to create high CPU utilization at times. I hope this is improved in future releases.

Matt M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A beautiful interface for something generally so boring.

Reviewed on 6/9/2018

I've been using GlassWire on Windows for a while and recently ventured into using it on Android as well. The only downside to the android application is that it has to keep a notification open and active in order to run in the background, and I'm not generally a fan of taking up that kind of screen real estate permanently.

Pros

GlassWire looks fantastic, it's easily the best looking firewall software that I've used. It's very easy to use and understand, and the features it provides are incredibly useful. Who knew the firewall could be this good?

Cons

Really the only thing that I am not a fan of is that the software is subscription based, though I can understand why they price it that way.

Control your network!

Reviewed on 11/3/2018

Pros

I use GlassWire to keep my network under control, it allows me to see any new activity that may be suspect, it keeps track of my usage.

Cons

In previous versions I could block any app on the firewall of GlassWire, but lately I noticed that this option is not available anymore and it requires an upgrade. This is a set back for the free version.

Sreenath J.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great product

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. Notifications
3. Less interruption
4. Design

Cons

Just a suggestion
Can add a temporary mode : which will give an application network connectivity only when its being used and automatically shuts off all network connectivity when the application is closed by user.
in other words User can select weather the application has internet access while it's in tray or closed.
Eg. I don't want Chrome to be connected to internet after I exit the application.

Christopher H.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

A most useful tool for a shared network.

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

Pros

The free version offers all the basic features needed to monitor my broadband usage. And make sure I am not the one taking all the broadband :)

Cons

They keep reminding me there is a paid version :D I really don't have anything negative to say about it.

• Industry: Graphic Design
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

An amazing piece of software to have

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Its easy to use and beautiful UI really goes a long way to understand more about your computer and its connections.

Pros

The UI and easy of use together with the easy to read information provided makes this app one of its kind. Seeing how my internet usage is being distributed really helped me take better decisions .

Cons

I don't have anything to complain right now - I got everything I need from it.

Philip R.

Can't beat GlassWire

Reviewed on 22/8/2020

Like I said before it's interesting to see what apps connect and communicate to different sites

Pros

I like seeing what apps are communicating with sites and what sites they are talking to.

Cons

I can't seem to get it to work on both my phone and laptop. My laptop shows the graph moving but my phone just shows the graph with no movement so I'm not sure if it's working or not..

Nathan P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

A great tool with an actually usable UI

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Pros

This is an app that does what it says it will do, for free. And the UI doesn't look like it belongs on Windows 95 like many other free apps in this space do.
Great tool for quick analytics into your network.

Cons

On Windows, there is a process that is running in the background even after you close the app. I'm sure there's a good reason, but I always close it.

Braxton F.

well i ave had nothing but a great Experience w...

Reviewed on 19/8/2020

well we have a great Problem solver now with Glasswire

Pros

Well i like the ease of Installation on our Servers

Cons

it was slow at first until it adjusted to our Software

Jahswill U.

Easy way to monitor traffic

Reviewed on 25/7/2018

Pros

I found it easier to monitor traffic and keep track of what programs am running via this software. And the graphs make it quite easy to understand.

Cons

Its memory usage on device is pretty huge. Apart from that, its a very good one and I recommended it to a business associate

George C.
  • Industry: Banking

GlassWire review

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Pros

The ease way to watch companies and were they are.

Cons

I can't think any present. I like the graphs....

Clark C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great Visual Firewall Monitor

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

On PC especially I add Glasswire when setting up a new machine, and when using it to make sure there are no intrusions or pieces of software I'm not aware of communicating with another machine.

I haven't tried the app yet but hope to in the future.

Pros

Really like the real-time info and visual interface. I helped spread the word about this software as part of the influencer team. Many folks I interacted with agreed the software was/is excellent.

I enjoy seeing in real-time where my computer pings out to other sites and servers. I had no idea this data was even accessible before Glasswire.

As someone that has dealt with malware in the past this is part of my one two punch for ensuring no malware / spyware / malicious stuff exist on my computers.

Cons

Not much, just maybe explaining better all the features.

Rich B.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Excellent Network Management Tool

Reviewed on 11/1/2017

With a background in telecommunications software development and technical customer support, I needed help in monitoring and managing my multilayered home network. Glasswire provides not only connection info, but firewall assistance, data usage and alerts related to resources on my PC(s). I'm able to monitor and control Glasswire functions not only on my own device, but on all Windows devices in any given subnet. If I change subnet, I can work with a different device set. While the interface is graphic and easy to see, I can plunge down step by step to detailed connection info for each device and running application. Support via the Glasswire Forum is very fast and very helpful. Upgrades and new development are constant and are provided as part of the one time cost. There are no comparable tools at this usability level -- price/performance is outstanding. Highly recommended.

Pros

Functionality and support

Cons

I would like support for Android and individual router monitoring/management. Android is anticipated, router is a completely different level of product. Better documentation is needed.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

GlassWire as a network monitoring software

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

Its a tool we must have to monitor our network about its usage and to be in alert what applications are using our internet connection and for what??

Pros

First of all GlassWire has a very attractive nice interface. GlassWire make us to see and understand the current usage of our network connection. It gives us a notification when ever there is a new network activity because of this we can be in alert about unwanted network accesses. GlassWire help us to track our data usage of the device. We can see which application is use more data and what are the servers it getting data from. It has a good feature called "Things" it scans our network and tell the details about the devices that are connected to it.

Cons

Its price is little bit high. If the network scanner can scan for the security issues of the network it will be a great help.

Rune E.

Glasswire - trusted

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

I use it for one of the home computers that I have used for visiting all sorts of links online. I installed Glasswire to ensure that I had some control over what traffic I was involved with.

Pros

Glasswire delivers an overview of the traffic that is on the network I am using.
This enables me to see first hand if something is up.

Cons

It could be cheaper for a PRO version as the features in the free is allright, one would like to have more as it is a very good program, but the price is a bit high.

Hamza E.

Glasswire is your eye in your computer

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

Good but I can't it's expensive so my experience was limited

Pros

the graph show us a good informtion for windows or mobile both are great

Cons

to have to pay for features I would like to have all the features at least in one computer for free foreverer