GlassWire

Network security and monitoring with built-in firewall

4.7 /5 (51 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.4
4.4
4.6
4.5
Matt M.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A beautiful interface for something generally so boring.

Reviewed on 6/9/2018

I've been using GlassWire on Windows for a while and recently ventured into using it on Android as well. The only downside to the android application is that it has to keep a notification open and active in order to run in the background, and I'm not generally a fan of taking up that kind of screen real estate permanently.

Pros

GlassWire looks fantastic, it's easily the best looking firewall software that I've used. It's very easy to use and understand, and the features it provides are incredibly useful. Who knew the firewall could be this good?

Cons

Really the only thing that I am not a fan of is that the software is subscription based, though I can understand why they price it that way.

Mike H.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great network traffic visibility at a reasonable price

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

I'm involved in network security and seeing the traffic and applications creating that traffic helps when diagnosing possible malware.

Pros

This product is easy to use and provides great visual cues for what traffic is going to and from your computer. If you need to know what is happening, this tool is great for that.

Cons

The product seems to create high CPU utilization at times. I hope this is improved in future releases.

Control your network!

Reviewed on 11/3/2018

Pros

I use GlassWire to keep my network under control, it allows me to see any new activity that may be suspect, it keeps track of my usage.

Cons

In previous versions I could block any app on the firewall of GlassWire, but lately I noticed that this option is not available anymore and it requires an upgrade. This is a set back for the free version.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Sreenath J.
Industry: Medical Devices

Great product

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. Notifications
3. Less interruption
4. Design

Cons

Just a suggestion
Can add a temporary mode : which will give an application network connectivity only when its being used and automatically shuts off all network connectivity when the application is closed by user.
in other words User can select weather the application has internet access while it's in tray or closed.
Eg. I don't want Chrome to be connected to internet after I exit the application.

Christopher H.
Industry: Cosmetics

A most useful tool for a shared network.

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

Pros

The free version offers all the basic features needed to monitor my broadband usage. And make sure I am not the one taking all the broadband :)

Cons

They keep reminding me there is a paid version :D I really don't have anything negative to say about it.

Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

An amazing piece of software to have

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Its easy to use and beautiful UI really goes a long way to understand more about your computer and its connections.

Pros

The UI and easy of use together with the easy to read information provided makes this app one of its kind. Seeing how my internet usage is being distributed really helped me take better decisions .

Cons

I don't have anything to complain right now - I got everything I need from it.

Philip R.
Industry: Construction

Can't beat GlassWire

Reviewed on 22/8/2020

Like I said before it's interesting to see what apps connect and communicate to different sites

Pros

I like seeing what apps are communicating with sites and what sites they are talking to.

Cons

I can't seem to get it to work on both my phone and laptop. My laptop shows the graph moving but my phone just shows the graph with no movement so I'm not sure if it's working or not..

Nathan P.
Industry: Religious Institutions

A great tool with an actually usable UI

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Pros

This is an app that does what it says it will do, for free. And the UI doesn't look like it belongs on Windows 95 like many other free apps in this space do.
Great tool for quick analytics into your network.

Cons

On Windows, there is a process that is running in the background even after you close the app. I'm sure there's a good reason, but I always close it.

Braxton F.
Industry: Computer Software

well i ave had nothing but a great Experience w...

Reviewed on 19/8/2020

well we have a great Problem solver now with Glasswire

Pros

Well i like the ease of Installation on our Servers

Cons

it was slow at first until it adjusted to our Software

Jahswill U.
Industry: Retail
Company size: Self Employed

Easy way to monitor traffic

Reviewed on 25/7/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I found it easier to monitor traffic and keep track of what programs am running via this software. And the graphs make it quite easy to understand.

Cons

Its memory usage on device is pretty huge. Apart from that, its a very good one and I recommended it to a business associate

George C.
Industry: Banking
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

GlassWire review

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Pros

The ease way to watch companies and were they are.

Cons

I can't think any present. I like the graphs....

Rich B.
Industry: Computer Networking
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Excellent Network Management Tool

Reviewed on 11/1/2017

With a background in telecommunications software development and technical customer support, I needed help in monitoring and managing my multilayered home network. Glasswire provides not only connection info, but firewall assistance, data usage and alerts related to resources on my PC(s). I'm able to monitor and control Glasswire functions not only on my own device, but on all Windows devices in any given subnet. If I change subnet, I can work with a different device set. While the interface is graphic and easy to see, I can plunge down step by step to detailed connection info for each device and running application. Support via the Glasswire Forum is very fast and very helpful. Upgrades and new development are constant and are provided as part of the one time cost. There are no comparable tools at this usability level -- price/performance is outstanding. Highly recommended.

Pros

Functionality and support

Cons

I would like support for Android and individual router monitoring/management. Android is anticipated, router is a completely different level of product. Better documentation is needed.

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

GlassWire as a network monitoring software

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

Its a tool we must have to monitor our network about its usage and to be in alert what applications are using our internet connection and for what??

Pros

First of all GlassWire has a very attractive nice interface. GlassWire make us to see and understand the current usage of our network connection. It gives us a notification when ever there is a new network activity because of this we can be in alert about unwanted network accesses. GlassWire help us to track our data usage of the device. We can see which application is use more data and what are the servers it getting data from. It has a good feature called "Things" it scans our network and tell the details about the devices that are connected to it.

Cons

Its price is little bit high. If the network scanner can scan for the security issues of the network it will be a great help.

Rune E.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Glasswire - trusted

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

I use it for one of the home computers that I have used for visiting all sorts of links online. I installed Glasswire to ensure that I had some control over what traffic I was involved with.

Pros

Glasswire delivers an overview of the traffic that is on the network I am using.
This enables me to see first hand if something is up.

Cons

It could be cheaper for a PRO version as the features in the free is allright, one would like to have more as it is a very good program, but the price is a bit high.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Clark C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great Visual Firewall Monitor

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 18/8/2020

On PC especially I add Glasswire when setting up a new machine, and when using it to make sure there are no intrusions or pieces of software I'm not aware of communicating with another machine.

I haven't tried the app yet but hope to in the future.

Pros

Really like the real-time info and visual interface. I helped spread the word about this software as part of the influencer team. Many folks I interacted with agreed the software was/is excellent.

I enjoy seeing in real-time where my computer pings out to other sites and servers. I had no idea this data was even accessible before Glasswire.

As someone that has dealt with malware in the past this is part of my one two punch for ensuring no malware / spyware / malicious stuff exist on my computers.

Cons

Not much, just maybe explaining better all the features.

Hamza E.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

Glasswire is your eye in your computer

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

Good but I can't it's expensive so my experience was limited

Pros

the graph show us a good informtion for windows or mobile both are great

Cons

to have to pay for features I would like to have all the features at least in one computer for free foreverer

Nathaniel F.
Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use firewall

Reviewed on 21/1/2019

Pros

This is a easy to use visual firewall. It takes little knowledge to use and is super straight forward. Keeps everything working easy.

Cons

No real gripes about the product. It does what it states and does so very easy.

Richard H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Glasswire

Reviewed on 19/8/2020

It's shows me when items connect to my internal network and identifies them. This means I know what is using my internal and external bandwidth.
It's a simple and easy network monitoring tool.

Pros

Very easy to use. Graphical displays show what is happening in an easy to view fashion.

Cons

Nothing really. It's too simple to get wrong.

Carl T.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

GlasWire inexpensive Network secuirty monitor

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Pros

ease of use. easy to understand alerts. low overhead on computer resources.

Cons

can't think of anything i don't like except upgrade nag notifications

Carlos M.
Industry: Computer Software

Useful but not

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Glasswire let you see your main PC problems in a easy to understant graph, for me, as a computer tech in not very useful as I know how to manage my own pc and Task manager helps me almost in the same way thats why I prefer use it one and disable it, because having it working will slow down your pc a little.

I feel this program is useful for people that need to check thing at least once each month, if you do, go and get it!

Pros

Great for checking your computer
Easy to use and understand
Colourful and great designed

Cons

Task manager almost do the same
After checking it for a few days in the most of the cases you wont use it again until you have any problem
Another program you dont need that is slowing down your pc

Martino T.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: Self Employed

See easily your network activity

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

Overall i was very happy with these software and i will recommend it to everyone.

Pros

Glasswire is very user-friendly and very powerful. At the same time it can be used by anyone due to the super simple and neat user interface.

Cons

It lacks some pro-user features which you would expect from a firewall and network managing software but i think they will add these features in the future.

Ben T.

Nifty little tool, low overhead and lots of info!

Reviewed on 12/1/2017

Found this through a tech podcast (tekthing I believe) and have been using it ever since to EASILY block and manage connections to and from my PC to the rest of the network/internet. Sure there are other programs out there that do the same thing for free, but this looks and feels like a well polished program that makes it easy to do!

Industry: Consumer Services

Must have application

Reviewed on 29/8/2019

Pros

Providing multiple data specific features hel the user to rely on a single app

Cons

Memory consumption always is a question as it involves the continuous system evaluation

Industry: Photography

GlassWire for Internet User

Reviewed on 23/5/2020

Overall it is very useful user friendly software.I still use this software and this is a one of my favorite software in my software collection.Every time I formatted my computer this is a one software which I use to install first.It safe guarding my computer and give me the full detail of my internet usage.It help me to save my internet data bundle which offer my internet package.

Pros

GlassWire is a very useful firewall software which I found by accidentally.It was very good useful software more than I thought.It is very simple to use because it simply shows the internet using applications on my computer and I can block those from accessing my internet by just one click.It has very simple user interface so without any knowledge any one can easily operate this software. If any new application start to accessing the internet it immediately shows up a massage and I can quickly blacklist or block that application.So from that I can easily find out any malware or virus applications which can not find out by my virus guard.And also it shows me my data usage of application to application.From that I could able to disable unwanted applications which use internet and save data of my internet connection.By disabling those unwanted data using applications by GlassWire I was able to speed up my internet connection than previous.GlassWire is not a heavy application which not use lot of ram and processing power.So that Its not slow down my day to day works and serve me very well.I recommend this software to any one who has unwanted data using problems of applications.

Cons

This is very good software with well designed user interface.It was done every job which I was tell to do.But it did not able to stop down the windows auto update.That is the main issue I faced on using this software.When I use it first time it was not a payable software.Now it need to buy the software after the trial period.Lot of antivirus software supply the same usage of this application so I think buying those kind of antivirus software is much economical than buy this software.Those are the main drawbacks I saw in this software rather than it is very good software which must be in your software collection.

Jim F.
Industry: Computer & Network Security
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Simply Outstanding

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

Having my PhD in cybersecurity, this product is simply outstanding and long overdue. I often recommend to my clients for a simple to use, laymans view of the "game behind the game". Well done by the folks at GlassWire - FINALLY an easy tu use, understadn and control interface for the average ( or experienced ) user.

Pros

Simple- one effective pane of glass to see what is really happening
Love the Virus total integration

Just a job WELL DONE Glasswire-- keep it up !

Cons

I wish, there was more ability to get the PCAP of the offending event when possible for deepr investigation.
Ability to collaspe alerts by Date -- so I only see the day I want.
Ability to drill down or more interactive graph to investigate anomolous events and traffic