HelmBot

Cloud-based business management software for service centers

4.9 /5 (61 reviews) Write a Review!

Katrena love A.

Scheduler

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

Support is awesome and available when you need them. Implementing Booking and Running reports on customers, reservations, payments, and so much more is made simple and overall user friendly.

Pros

Ease of customer use, booking process with auto scheduling of customers back to back. Being able to access reservations, reports, and built in auto referral program.

Cons

Unable to mass text customers with special offers.

Kelly C.

Amazing Software

FANTASTIC

Pros

Has a ton of functionality. Basically my entire business and internal communications runs through this software. It's user friendly for my clients and staff alike. The design is very nice and well thought out.

Cons

Really nothing. If you need a function that isn't there, you contact support and they are extremely quick to respond.

Gregory G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

I've toured them all and after 5 years of using Helmbot, I KNOW I made the right choice

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

Modern, clean, very easy to use, great-looking, neat and non-cluttered, stellar customer support, has all the functions I need for scheduling software, and if I have an idea of something I think could be added to the software it's easy to have a conversation with the developers to see if they would consider adding it. I demoed at least 6 other similar software programs and Helm was the best value and the best of all I demoed.

Pros

For running a float center, it's the perfect software. Guests tell us all the time how easy it is to book appointments through the software without having to contact us. The customer support is stellar, usually getting a response to emails within an hour (often within minutes). It keeps great records of useful data and integrates well with Google analytics and Facebook Pixel. Setting up schedules and editing them if needed is very easy. Overall, it was very easy to learn and use and is the perfect fit for my business.

Cons

There are a few things I didn't like at first, but customer support took my feedback and made changes. It's not that there were problems, but rather things that could be added to make the software even better such as internal waivers which they added. I wish I had more useful constructive criticism but I can't think of anything the software is missing or any problems I've run into.

Zane R.

Everything a float spa needs!

It’s been good overall!

Pros

I really like the layout of the scheduling page and the ease of use.

There is a learning curve but once all the kinks are ironed out it is a great tool.

Cons

The first couple years we used the software it was primarily just for float therapy. New features are constantly added which adds to the value and functionality of Helm.

Albert S.

HelmBot: Friend of the float

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

Pros

Float and massage practitioner scheduling works great, lots of good things for payment processing and back end admin stuff. I like that it serves as a comprehensive system for POS, Inventory, scheduling (both staff and client), and other functions of running a small service-based business.

Cons

Lack of API makes integrations nearly impossible. Difficult to sync with anything else. There are some user interface difficulties that make scheduling employees tedious at times.
Multi-location support is ok at best. Online schedule lacks customisability.

Telisa A.

Helm...Highly Recommend!

I love it!

Pros

The integration of booking, sales, email and text messages is awesome. I have recommended Helm to several of my friends who own businesses, none of who own float centers. It's designed for float centers but can be used for so much more.

Cons

Helm is big. Sometimes it's difficult to remember how I did something in the Helm if I haven't done it recently or if I don't do it very often and it may be difficult to figure out the logic of how certain items are set up in the Helm. However, their customer service is ON POINT. I can always get an answer to what I'm looking for quite quickly.

Matt B.

Helm is perfect for our needs

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

We are very pleased with Helm. It's a CRM, service scheduler, employee management, online store and shop management platform all in one. Their customer service is always quick to respond and friendly.

Pros

Employee management including a SOP Guide and Task Generator.

Cons

It takes a little poking around to find some functions.

Jessica B.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

I LOVE the Flexibility & Responsiveness of the Helmbot Team

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

They've been amazing! From setup to daily ops, the HelmBot team has been fabulous! Small company relationships with big company features and flexibility! TOP NOTCH!

Pros

Flexible booking, personalized appearance, easy setup, responsive support, easy to use

Cons

We have a very unique setup and pricing that wasn't typical of other spas. Any needs we've had have been quickly addressed by the HelmBot team! THey've helped by adding features or (in rare cases) suggesting work arounds.

Nadeem J.

Floating happens here

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

I loved Helmbot since day 1, the customer service is incredible and you guys keep coming out with amazing features. I will definitely stick with this software for Float Valley

Pros

Its made perfectly for float center owners taking care of everything in one place in a seamless way

Cons

It could be more mobile friendly or have an app

Kevin M.

They make our lives so easy!

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Pros

We love the way the Helmbot team receives our feedback, questions, and requests and responds to them with pace, consideration, and collaboration.

We love the ease of use and intuitive design of the Helmbot. It just makes sense. Our new hires learn how to use the system quickly and find the process simple and enjoyable.

Also, our customers love it! We constantly receive feedback from our customers who say that scheduling sessions is easy and they enjoy the email reminders and profile view options where they can see their credits and appointment history.

Cons

We love it all! Not much to complain about.

Amy H.

Helmbot Improves My Business

Reviewed on 17/8/2020

Tip top! I really am so happy with the software. There are always improvements being made and they really care about making the software work the way you want it to.

Pros

I like that Helmbot was specifically designed for the float industry to make operating float centers easier, it's always improving and now that it offers options for classes and services other than floating, there's no reason to consider using any other software.

Cons

I've been using Helm for almost five years and when there's something about it that doesn't work well for me, the team at Helm has always found ways to help adjust to our preferences or tasked the problem to be fixed.

Karolina S.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great Software

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

The software has been extremely user friendly and our customers have given us a lot of positive feedback while booking appointments.

Pros

The customer service with FloatHelm is incredible!

Cons

It was slightly difficult in the beginning to figure out how to set block scheduling for the different services.

Work life would be harder without it!

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Pros

It’s so easy to schedule appointments (for the customer and staff). It’s visually attractive, and the customer service can’t be beat.

Cons

To say I like something the least is tough because Helm is very well thought out and created but for the sake of the question, the retail side could be just a bit better with regards to running brand specific reports/ Product sales, and order creation. Again, still well done compared to other self care/ wellness software.

Nathan E.

Keeps my business running smoothly

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Overall a great management program for my spa with a responsive and helpful customer support system .

Pros

User friendly , with easy setup. I am able to manage my in-house scheduling with ease and there is easy access for my clients to book appointments online.

Cons

I would like a function that would notify me when someone schedules an appointment online via text message .

Angela L.

Fab Product

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

Pros

This software is designed perfectly for our business. Highly recommend.

Cons

The only major con for us is that we can not use the payment portion of the software as no banking systems align with us in New Zealand.

Benjamin G.

So many “Wow I love Helm!” Moments

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

I use it for flotation tank services

Pros

It’s ease of use for customers. It’s very streamlined

Cons

There are a few things that were hard to find at first but once I found them I had no issues.

Loretta H.

Great Software

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

Very good , I like it alot better then other online booking sofeware.

Pros

I loked that it is very easy to learn, works great with Float tanks.

Cons

Scheduling Practitioner and front desk (employee) should be easier to schedule , give options all on one page and post together.

Andrew L.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

The ONLY choice for Float and Wellness center booking

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

I love how intuitive the interface is. It allows for smooth operation of the business from day to day, easy reporting, task management, and more...all in one place! Training new employees has never been easier as well

Pros

Made for float centers by a float center. Float Helm addresses all of my daily operation and booking needs, and then some. The robust features, constant improvements, and reliable and friendly support are allamazing.

Cons

Honestly, not much. The transfer of our 5 years of data from another booking system was incredibly seamless. Every time I find an issue or think of an idea for a feature, I know I can pass it to the Float Helm team and they'll be on top of it right away!

Sarah F.

We love using Helmbot to help keep our business organized!

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

We would be absolutely lost without Helmbot! We use this system on a daily basis and it is essential for our business. From reminders for employees to clock in and alerts if an employee did NOT sign in helped save my business one day when an employee abandoned their shift! We also rely on Helmbot to keep us organized and this is where we communicate with other staff. It is our booking system, our point of sale system and data storage for all of our guests.

Pros

We love the ease of use, the fact that it is our POS, scheduling system & internal communication system all in one place! The reports are easy to find and help us stay informed. It is easy to compare sales from previous weeks/months/years. They system is versatile and easy to use.

Cons

I would like to be able to be more flexible with the appearance of the shopping page on my website. There are not many options to how this page looks when people go to look at pricing on the website.

Justin H.

Perfect For Our Business!

Incredibly positive.

Pros

You can tell this software was designed by people who understand our industry. Everything we need to keep track of the essentials of our business is built into it. The customer service is also fantastic- responsive and helpful. Most of the time, the problem isn't the software, it's that I haven't yet learned one of its features and need to be taught where to find it. They've thought of almost everything!

Cons

It can take a little work to fully understand and utilize everything it has to offer, but the team is very patient and always willing to get on a call with you to walk you through what you need to know.

Ryan D.

Highly recommend Helmbot

Reviewed on 14/8/2020

Overall highly recommend. Most importantly Customers love it too!

Pros

The ease and functionality of this software is very impressive. We have used this software for almost 5 years and have been thrilled with it. Their customer service team is top notch and are very passionate. I couldn’t imagine running our business without them.

Cons

It isn’t as robust as I’d like it to be with automation tools but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any.

Jeremy J.

Excellent Product Matched by Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Absolutely excellent on every level.

Pros

In my "daily" job outside of running a flotation therapy center with my wife, I evaluate software platforms for use by other organizations and the one that employs me. Finding a software platform that is this incredibly robust, easy to use, implement and that has customer service that is knowledgeable, kind and responsive is rare and much appreciated. I rave about the Helmbot product and service to other potential float center owners all of the time.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of as it is truly an invaluable part of our business.

Jesse H.

Best Booking Software I've Ever Experienced!

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Absolutely amazing. The software is very intuitive and clean. The team behind the scenes are superstars.

Pros

I absolutely love Helmbot - its been an essential component of our business. Its super user friendly from both a customer and staff point of view. The developers are extremely receptive to feedback - often implementing feedback suggestions within days!

Cons

I honestly dont have any negative feedback about it. Have our business run on Helm is amazing - I feel very lucky. We started with them just as they were launching theeir product - its continuously improved over the last 6 years. Now its smoother than ever.

Michelle L.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Ideal for our start-up!

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

HelmBot keeps all the information we need for ourselves and our (future) employees organized in one space! It's easy to implement and use in all ways.

Pros

This program has been integral to our business. As new float center owners and operators, it was so reassuring to be able to rely on those who paved the way before us to set up a program addressing all the details we didn't know we needed to worry about. Customer support is excellent!

Cons

I do not have any complaints about HelmBot. They are always innovating and adding useful features.

Andy L.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Best software I’ve used

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

I have been beyond happy with Helmbot from the beginning and it keeps getting better and better. The value for what you get is unbeatable.

Pros

Very intuitive to use and does so many things. From scheduling to time tracking to measurement tracking and so much more. It makes it easy to run and keep track of what’s going on when I’m not at the shop also, with the built in communication and web based platform.

Cons

Whenever something is unclear or a new idea comes to mind it’s very easy to immediately contact support and they respond extremely fast. New features are constantly being added.