Boulevard

Business management software for salons and spas

4.6 /5 (135 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.5
4.3
4.6
4.7
Tom F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Payment and sales reporting does not meet expectations

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

I don’t receive many quick replies and when i do my questions don’t have answers. My suggestions get added to future development.

Pros

Online booking and scheduling appointments

Cons

The reporting doesn’t make much sense for the service providers that switched from other payment platforms like square.

Rosie F.

Finally, a software that makes my business run better!

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Love the customer chat in real time. Love the training they provide for new employees no matter when the hire is. They hold our hands throughout the entire boarding process and never let go. I feel as though they care about my business as much as I do. Consistent in every way. Worth every cent. I will never ever leave Boulevard. Partners for life.

Pros

Boulevard is completely intuitive and the software is simple yet detailed in all the right places. I own a hair salon and have been doing hair for 23 years, let me with all honesty say that Boulevard has 100% made my life so much easier. The experience for my clients is second to none, they are all raving about how much better this software is than any of our previous ones. I can not say enough positive things about them! The customer service is absolutely extraordinary and they respond to any of our questions immediately. It has a feel like you are asking a friend to help you, so patient and there was always a familiar quality throughout the entire customer experience for us. We love supporting small businesses however we do not want to be someone's guinea pig...with Boulevard we can completely trust in their expertise and never worry.

Cons

Seriously we love them. The only issue is that we have is we wish we could see what source each stylists clients pay for services for example: who pays cash, check or credit card and how much of each. It only shows sales and does not break it down. Other than that we have nothing negative what so ever to say!

Marc C.

Very Satisfied With Blvd

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Pros

Easy to use platform that has most of the features we need to operate our business. The UX is very well designed. Reporting (beta) is super helpful and easy to understand. Incredible client support starting with the initial demos and sandbox followed by the flawless integration and absolutely the ongoing support of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who is so incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Our company feels incredibly supported by the BLVD team.

Cons

I think we will always have some suggestions for the BLVD team because our infrared sauna business is a bit different from the salon businesses that the company has focused on.

Julia B.

A league above the rest

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Overall, the company is very happy with Boulevard. We have evidence that the platform will only continue to improve as it takes into consideration customer suggestions. It is evolving beautifully.

Pros

This has been the best booking system/P.O.S. that I have used industry-wide. Features are highly customizable and only getting better. The interface is more intuitive than others and easier on the eyes. Client-tracking is useful and loyalty program is very exciting.

Cons

The app isn’t as developed as the website— I wish we could check clients out on the phone app and that the message center was available through the app. Certain functions are only available on the web browser which can be clunky.

Michael D.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

The most innovative & functional salon software on the market

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

It's fantastic. It's the best in the industry and I've researched all of them. They're progressive in the sense that the software will continue to expand its features. Which in turn makes it easier for all of my staff and the clients to have the best experience possible.

Pros

The ability to seamlessly book appointments online via our own book now button. The ability have a complete cloud based service.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't allow you to have all the functions as the website

Yasmine K.

Great support staff

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

Great

Pros

Very easy to use. Great support staff.

Cons

More included without having to purchase separate.

Sophie S.

Love working with BLVD + excited to see them grow

Reviewed on 24/6/2020

Pros

BLVD is a great booking system for so many reasons. First and most importantly their team is incredibly responsive and helpful. Their help chat is perhaps the best on any platform that I use. Our rep is also always there to help us by answering questions or taking product requests. The platform is also pretty user-friendly and intuitive. BLVD is actively working on improvements + developments, so I look forward to seeing where they go next.

Cons

There are certain functionalities that are frustrating to our employees + our clients. For example the booking flow can feel stiff, and we are still not set up to have our clients have client profiles that they can log into and view their data in. On the internal side, sometimes there are processes that we have to do manually that I wish could be automated - pulling certain reports for example.

Lauren C.

User Friendly Software

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall, BLVD is easy to use and is clean cut and fast!

Pros

My favorite things about BLVD would be how easy it is to view appointments. I love how you can color coordinate per each employee when looking at the calendar. At the salon location I use it threw, I am able to view all 3 locations without having to log into another program.

Cons

The only thing I have had an issue with through BLVD would be seeing past services on the main screen when rescheduling an appointment, and if you are looking at a certain date on calendar it will go back to "today" when you refresh the page.

Heather M.

Best customer service

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Pros

I love having our own rep that is familiar with our company and our needs. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing!!

Cons

Feature not able to have forms submitted before checkout.

Jessica C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Boulevard is just what our business needed

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Overall I would highly recommend Boulevard especially for a spa or salon environment. VERY user friendly and the support from the Boulevard team is top notch.

Pros

The system is very easy to use. I love the simplicity of it and that everything we need is build into the system itself such as the paperwork for clients and messaging the clients as well!

Cons

That sometimes it does not connect to our iPad for the checkout system and we have to keep refreshing the page.

Richelle O.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great system

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

User friendly, not a lot of glitches, well organized.

Cons

Needs a few changes in order for it to work best for our business.

Crystal C.

Couldn't be happier with BLVD

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

From start to finish BLVD has been professional and responsive.

Pros

BLVD is head and tails above Booker where we came from. Easy to use and they value their clients and take amazing care of us!

Cons

In my eyes there are no cons to joining BLVD, I am completely satisfied.

Sara N.

Made Simple

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Very positive. Easy to customize. Easy to change, if you change, add or remove the way your business operates.

Pros

Very easy to customize to your business and adjust as needed.

Cons

Some clients are able to get sound custom appointment times. This may not be intentional in their part but it does a disservice to them when we actual need more time for the service they request.

Barbara Y.

Works well

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

It has been a great transition for me.

Pros

I like that is is easy to view and make adjustments. The app is very clean and clear. I also like that it works with both Apple and Android phones.

Cons

I have no problems. Everything is great.

Jill W.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

It needs lots of development

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

We were mandated by our franchise to move from Booker, a very robust and user friendly system, to boulevard. Boulevard costs three times more than Booker (went from $150/mo to $550/mo) and is not ready for us and our needs. We have lost clients and staff due to frustrations with this system, and we are paying more than ever in a year where funds are tight and revenue is low.

Pros

The ability to text within the system is great

Cons

The data migration errors; inability to easily audit clients and review information; security issues where users randomly switch throughout the shift or clocks in the wrong person (not logged in) causing payroll issues; inaccurate reports; ability to manage other businesses orders and memberships without their permission; payment processor was using incorrect name on merchant statements, causing disputes from clients and extra charges; we have to use a separate system to process gift certs; list goes on...

Samantha P.

Aesthetically Pleasing

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

User friendly and i liked the fact that booking you stayed on the website

Cons

Mobile app is not as efficient as desktop, booking button did not work with go daddy and that was a pain

Ayishatu N.

Great

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

Love how easy to use the software is! It’s fast and appreciate how quick it updates!

Cons

There really isn’t much, except that you have to update the software before continuing

Melani K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Not Great

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Not as good as promised.

Pros

Emojis that you can set to customers. Texting system.

Cons

Booking appointments and navigation check out system way more complicated than Booker and takes too many steps to complete an order. Membership discounts to products not automatically applied in most cases like it is supposed to. Cannot automatically add gift card amount to total, need to type specific amount that is on GC first. If I text a customer I cannot see their reply or go back to that log.

Weston W.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy and Feature Heavy

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

The amount of features built into the software are above par to the similar salon softwares. They are always taking requests and adding features that help salons run the best services.

Cons

Can't think of any cons at the moment. They have thought of the best.

Matthew W.
  • Industry: Fine Art

User friendly.

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Pros

Very user friendly. Booking for clients and the front desk staff is a breeze. In-app texting lowers the time staff spends confirming appointments in a high volume shop.

Cons

Customizable reports need to be expanded. They are currently hard to customize for results, and multiple reports need to be created and combined outside of Boulevard to achieve the desired results. The random booking algorithm is confusing and does not produce random results. Currently lacking options for Apple pay and Google pay. Could you more options for 3 party integrations such as NPS scores. Service providers and be created at a brand level but need to be customized at each shop level for services (i.e. length, service types available). This makes it time-consuming and leaves the possibility of error if a service provider works at multiple locations.

Demie A.

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Pros

Easy for my
Clients to make appointments and easy for me to share with them.

Cons

I wish I could look at my entire month at once, also see the tip left if they leave one. Also I wish it would show the products the client as bought in the past. When I get notifications about an appointment being booked o wish it would say what they booked.

Lindsey G.

New to boulevard

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Pros

Modern and streamlined compared to STX. Online booking is user friendly.

Cons

There are things about boulevard that aren’t compatible with independent stylists working in a rental salon. There is no way to checkout a client and receive payment at station, only at main front desk. There is no way to have clients put a cc on file when booking appointment online unless the whole salon adopts that policy. Boulevard splits tips applied to a ticket with 2 providers even when service provider was taken off due to alternative payment taken. Appointment deposits are confusing to apply when a second service provider is on the ticket and also product purchase. The breakdown from boulevard account payouts are confusing and far less superior to square.

Maria S.

Honest review

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

It’s okay. Just seems newer and not fast fast to update

Pros

I like how clear it is to see schedule . Also I appreciate how easy it is to customize times for specific appointments

Cons

I don’t like how long it takes to upload the current performance chart. When I’m done with a client it takes awhile to update my sales $$$ and it’s frustrating

Alexis G.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Boulevard is great!

Excellent!

Pros

It runs smooth and very organized and easy to use.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. Everything
seems to be running smoothly so far.

Amelia N.

Boulevard

Reviewed on 2/1/2021

It is a really nice site and good planner for you business.

Pros

I like that you are able select the times of your appointment’s and that you are able to block of the time for when you do not have appointments! I also like that it shows a list of the names of your clientele and can see either who liked your service and who didn’t like your service.

Cons

I think the timing should be set at 15 or the 30 mark and count the time of the services instead of putting the time manually.