Boulevard

Business management software for salons and spas

4.6 /5 (135 reviews) Write a Review!

Chris A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Top-tier salon management solution that continues to improve

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

We are very happy with our switch to Boulevard. Migration went very smoothly, we got up and running with minimal problems, support has been great since day 1. The only issues we've had have been or are currently being actively worked on in product cycles. Our day-to-day is much smoother than previous solutions, we love being on Boulevard!

Pros

Intelligent booking and client-specific service timing has saved us countless hours at the front desk and increased our service revenue 10%+. The calendar and schedule are very easy to use, our new front desk staff is trained up in half the time as previous software. The integrated booking widget that lives on our site is wonderful for preserving a fluid brand experience for clients booking online.

Cons

Add-ons for advanced features can start to add up on top of an already higher base price, and the cost to migrate from an another product can get very high (though if you are good with Excel you can prep migration sheets yourself and save a lot like we did). Reporting was initially a weak spot but has been continuously improved over the past year and is nearly at parity with our previous solution.

Kimberly K.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

A newer program always has it's quirks

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Over all very positive experience with Boulevard. Couple of hiccups with intial set up, but once that was taken care of it's been relatively smooth sailing with no major inconveniences in use. Software hasn't gone down randomly in the middle of the day which is a problem we experienced regularly with the last software.

Pros

Integrated text messaging and payment processing is a life saver. Online booking has changed how our business operates in a good way. Love the customization options for users including their preferences for online booking or clients timing. Customer service is timely and friendly which is a huge plus over our previous software.

Cons

Reports could definitely be stronger. The beta options are nice, but often time out before they are able to deliver the real data. Would like some of that to be focused on stronger in the future. There's a lot of work arounds for some things - example, if you want to split a tip after a transation, you have to refund and then run again instead of allowing that to just be done on the ticket. Most things allow exporting to excel, but random things, like purchase order, do not, which woul d be extra helpful. Wish there was more info available for our stylists who use their mobile app.

Don J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Easy to deploy and use with all the right information at our fingertips

Reviewed on 26/6/2020

The Boulevard Labs team has been very easy to access and has been very responsive to our requests. Our partner manager in particular has been very helpful and has gone out of her way on many occasions to ensure our success.

Pros

We like the ease of use from the Front Desk Associate's perspective, excellent performance metrics, and the outstanding customer service.

Cons

Limited options for selecting our own merchant services provider for credit card processing. We understand additional providers will be made available soon. That said, the credit card processing fees are very competitive already.

James B.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Enrich your customer and employee experience immensely

Reviewed on 25/6/2020

At the end of the day, most salon owners do not require or use half of what is pitched by the big software players in the market. Boulevard cleverly ensures that what I absolutely require is used on a daily basis and has helped me use their technology to differentiate myself as a business. I am using Boulevard to elevate my customer experience to a point that clients know they would lose out on more than our technicians should they choose to leave.

Pros

By far the single most important feature of Boulevard it the integrated messenger. Being able to communicate so easily over text with clients, and have them use the same telephone number as the salon, has helped us to take our customer care to a new level. We have been praised by numerous guests on how well we have communicated with them through this COVID-19 crisis and lot of this is down to our ability to message clients so easily.

Second to this is how easy Boulevard is to use. The single User Interface (UI) has been designed and built from the top down, focusing on the customer experience first versus being built by engineers from the bottom up. Boulevard doesn't pull together multiple pieces of software and features to give the veneer of a complete solution as others in the market do. They focus entirely on ensuring no matter what they do, the experience for my customers, both external (clients) and internal (technicians) is stellar.

Cons

Boulevard is well aware that they are not as comprehensive as others in the market and that is OK. Could reporting be better? Yes, and that's why they now have a new Beta Reports feature allowing us to test a much more flexible reporting tool. Could there be more integrations with payroll and accounting companies? Of course, but they are focusing on expanding those integrations once they are happy that they can generate the right report data to pass across. I am happy to be patient because the support I get today shows me how much they care about their clients needs and they will get to adding the features in time.

Tanner H.

Transitioned with large brand from different software

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

Boulevard is intuitive, myself and our staff picked it up quickly. The reporting is much more detailed and customizable than what we had worked with before.

Cons

Transitioning was slow and a bit tough at first, but all data was eventually added and correct.

Benjamin M.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

The best, new salon software out there!

Reviewed on 9/7/2019

It's been the best! If you're a salon owner like myself, I highly recommend it! These people know what they're doing.

Pros

It's elegant, intuitive, easy to use, and has everything we could possibly need. Clients don't have to login anywhere online or register to make an appointment. From what we've come across, when clients have to create an account online just to make an appointment, it causes a drop off since it's too many steps.
Reporting is detailed and easy to understand, unlike other salon software programs. Customer service is also the best, we have 1 rep we work with and can call them up anytime if we need help.

Cons

Needs email marketing within the platform. Right now we can pull a list of emails in the software and filter by locations, appointment type, stylist, etc. but it'd be nice if we could create the email directly in the platform.

Ashley D.

Loving our new software

Reviewed on 1/7/2020

We switched from a really large, out of date system. Boulevard is clean and simple. It has brought our salon into 2020 with ease. I would have never gotten through the quarantine and being able to work remotely without the ease of Boulevard. The customer service staff is wonderful, always available, and quick to respond. I am so pleased with our choice to switch, I would never go back!

Pros

Ease of communicating to the company is top notch! The program is simple, clean, and easy to use. Transition from the other software we used was painless. Booking app and staff app is great! Integrated CC processing is amazing as well.

Cons

A few reports could be added, online booking features could be a bit cleaner.

Sara H.

Must have for Salon or Spa

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

I was impressed with the training and communication with the Boulevard onboarding team when we made the switch. They made the big switch easy and it was seamless. It can be scary to bring in new things to your business but this is a no brainer. The reporting systems are the most detailed, the training for staff makes it so you don't have to do anything, and the clients love it. Highly recommend!

Pros

How it is the most functional and modern software for my industry. Boulevard has simplified so many frustrating features we had to work through with other booking softwares, plus our clients have complimented how easy it is to use online booking.

Cons

The reports can be tricky to navigate and sometimes it can be slow but it resolves itself or If i need help I use the Help Chat service and any questions I have get resolved within minutes.

Julie K.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Finally, a user friendly system!

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

Amazing. Will definitely recommend to everyone.

Pros

Thank you Boulevard for creating and operating a system that is very user friendly. The communication with customer service and help staff has been fabulous, and the ease of the system has helped our efficiency in great way!

Cons

Not finding it sooner! I love boulevard and so does our entire staff.

Trey F.

Impressive and customizable

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

We love boulevard. Our clients and staff have the easiest access to a smartly integrated software and booking system.

Pros

I love being able to customize and build my own reports to build specifics for all my staff!

Cons

There were some growing pains at first - but getting worked out daily!

Stephen N.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Made our lives to much easier!

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Their team is beyond helpful and always eager to find new ways to improve the platform!

Pros

Boulevard is leaps and bounds ahead of our previous booking platform! The best part is the features are far more user friendly and much simpler UI.

Cons

At this time there are relatively limited out of the box reporting features which can be challenging the pull the information we're looking for at times.

Dalar K.

Amazing scheduling system!

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

My overall experience with Boulevard is amazing. It’s easy to use, has beneficial features, and makes work so much easier. I love how it has a texting feature, sometimes when clients do not pick up their phones- I send a quick text. This makes it even faster for communication. Lastly, I like how boulevard has a tab for all of the transactions made and we are able to look up an order with simply the clients name. The refund process is easy too. Boulevard makes scheduling very easy!

Pros

Boulevard is extremely easy to use. Its features help me to book and cancel appointments for clients easily- with no hassle. I also like how Boulevard says which one of our employees scheduled an appointment. This helps us sort out any scheduling issues. Additionally, the automatic confirmation texts are very useful in sending reminders to clients.

Cons

Once in a while, the website will be a bit slow due to the amount of users on the website. Nevertheless, it gets resolved fast, but it is something that needs a solution. Also, sometimes it will glitch.

Connor W.

walking down the boulevard

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

intuitive system that is able to easily schedule appointments.

Cons

it is rather clunky, and screens do not update from one window (like the front desk view) to another, making this rather rodeos.

Shaheem A.

Salon Functions

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Overall, we have noticed the use of the software has been way more simpler and effecient.

Pros

Everything from checkout to check -in is super easy! Everything works how you think it would and is a seamless machine.

Cons

To be honest, I least like how often the suggestions in the "submit an idea" box are taken into accountability. I've noticed some great suggestions, as well as, put some in myself but have seen little to no change.

Amanda C.

Boulevard has potential

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

Boulevard is in the beginning staged. It feels like we're in the "terrible two's". It's a young software that needs more advanced software engineers help. It seems like it was developed from someone with few years experience in the industry of software development.

Pros

I like that the software is geared to a younger generation. Its using modern looks and technology.

Cons

The engineering of the software is incomplete. I can tell they did not have actual users verify the functionality of the software before going live. There are a lot of little things, but imperative functions that do not exist with boulevard. This is how someone can tell its a brand new software. There are so many kinks that need to be worked out. The app especially is problematic, and offers no actual function of usefulness. The inability to view appointment details on the app (what service is requested), is especially frustrating. The app does not respond at all to touch. I'm not a programmer so I don't know what issue that would be.

Michelle S.

Ideal

Reviewed on 30/6/2020

Pros

I love Boulevard Booking Software because it makes salon life easier. The real-life support you receive is a highlight. It's user friendly and consumer friendly and it automatically upgrades it own software regularly. They are constantly working behind the scenes to make the software even more advanced. Could not live without it.

Cons

The only con is that I wish I had found this software sooner.

Isabella I.

Boulevard

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Its okay, would be easier if we have a client portal

Pros

Its pretty user friendly!!!! I enjoy how aesthetically pleasing the website is

Cons

there is no client portal and its the most annoying. dont like you cannot just click a gift card - not user friendly you have to copy and paste from the profile.

Kayla H.

Blvd is the way to go!

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

Love that it’s easy to book my appointments for my clients on my phone with the app

Cons

With the newer phones that came out iPhone 12 it’s a little hard to press one of the buttons in the top corners.

Truc -.

Amazing system

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

N/A

Pros

Super easy to use and works effectively!

Cons

We're not able to have saved signatures for text messages. Unable to feature our salon address and phone number at the end of every message.

Lexis B.

Convenient, fast and reliable!

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use! It’s super convenient having it on the phone! I get updates and notifications in real time, which makes the work day much easier!

Cons

As a hairstylist I really like that I can see my totals, but the one thing that I can’t see are my tip totals.

Elena T.

Great Software

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Boulevard has been an easy transition from our previous software and has been great during the pandemic with ease of use for clients.

Pros

I like the ease of putting in client notes and uploading pictures.

Cons

The delay in reporting when a sale is made can be frustrating.

Love boulevard

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

Scheduling, booking and sales are all in one platform. Online booking is especially great

Cons

Scheduling of staff that’s not on online booking is sometimes challenging

Grace T.

Reviewed on 30/6/2020

They are prompted upon answering the phone very helpful and patient
with us I’m glad boulevard lets us know when they will be closed .

Pros

Customers love the reminder Of appointments

Cons

Difficulty to change a Name a charge When a stylist accidentally put it under another stylists the system has the pervious person who did their hair she puts the color under her s but a haircut adds to another stylist Onced charged they couldn’t fix it so a ticket is owed to that stylist other wise it’s good .

Sarah H.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

Great

Pros

Solid program with easy navigation throughout the program.

Cons

The scrolling up and down glitches in the treatment record. Sometimes after logging in i see my coworkers information instead of my own. I was logged into my file.

Ava L.

Boulevard Review

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

It’s okay. We used Booker before this and Boulevard seems more modern and updated but still not the perfect solution. If I had my own business I probably wouldn’t use boulevard.

Pros

I like how easy it was to set up my employer account. I also like the modern template and how there is a web version and an app version.

Cons

I don’t like having to adjust each product manually to assign commission for it to a certain person.
Sometimes on a phone or iPad it was hard to toggle from view all to just me as the checkmark to make the switch wouldn’t register.