Sketch

Product design tool to create, test & collaborate on ideas

4.5/5

Dustin

I love Sketch!!!

Reviewed on 16/7/2019

I love Sketch. I've dropped the practically limitless other options that I've picked up over the years to almost exclusively use this tool for all my designs.

Pros

Easy to use, quick to learn, and an every day tool in my office. I have done everything from web design to logo design to photo editing in Sketch (not recommended, but awesome what can be done). I absolutely love it, and I'm really impressed with the team and pricing model as well!

Cons

Sometimes it is a bit slow to get features that I would hope for (I'm talking to you, dropper tool shortcut key), but overall it just does an excellent job at letting me do my job.

Joseph

Great Tool for Viewing Designs + Constantly Improving!

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

My experience is this is an excellent tool for UI design and viewing UI designs. We realized a big benefit with their cloud tool is that now all users on the team can view designs easily. This has helped dramatically to align our teams on the requirements. Now that they are accessible for everyone, we are all much better for it and working as a better team.

Pros

I am writing this review from the perspective of a Product Manager who uses Sketch to view designs for myself and my team. In that capacity it has been a great tool! The UI is very intuitive and easy to navigate around. I find myself making small updates to designs frequently, and Sketch makes this easy even for a novice such as myself. Their Sketch cloud tool is constantly improving. Every time I login I find a new feature that wasn't there before. The cloud functionality makes it a breeze to share designs to some team members who do not have a Sketch license. We have been using Sketch for 3 years at my company and I don't foresee that changing any time soon.

Cons

It can be a bit expensive getting each team member a Sketch license. This used to be a big problem at my company, but since Sketch improved upon their Sketch cloud tool we found the need for developers to have Sketch licenses to have dropped dramatically. So if your team can use the free cloud tool to view designs, it could save you a lot of money on licenses for non designers.

Best Product Design Tool Available For Mac/iOS

Reviewed on 25/8/2022

I really love using Sketch. It's one of my favorite tools to use for mobile app designing. Even though it's collaborative features are not that great, however, it's clean interface, intuitive design, key shortcuts and tons of plugin options makes it one of the best product design tool out there.

Pros

My company primarily uses Sketch to design the mobile application designs and share them using the Zeplin plugin. I have used Sketch to create high fidelity mockups and mobile app designs. I love it's clean UI, intuitiveness, various plugins, pixel perfection. As I am a Product owner and coming from a non-designer background, there has been a little learning curve while learning to use this product but it was all worth it. Additionally, the key command shortcuts makes the design process so easy and productive for me. I highly recommend using Sketch for your product designs.

Cons

One of the biggest limitation of using Sketch is that it is only available on Mac and this limits the collaboration with the rest of the team (which might be majorly on Windows).
Additional issue I have faced multiple times is that whenever I am creating Product designs which has numerous art boards (like 60+), Sketch tends to lag a lot and makes it impossible to export the files.
Moreover, Sketch is not a great tool for Prototyping.

Lawrent

the industry standard vector graphics editor for UI design for Mac users

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

We have been able to create high-quality designs and easily create beautiful mockups.

Pros

Sketch is a Mac-only app that’s great for UI designers and front-end developers. It has powerful tools for creating wireframes and mockups, but it also has a lot of features that make it perfect for designing websites. Sketch's file format is supported by many third-party plugins and services as well as other graphics editors such as Affinity Designer, GIMP, Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape.It’s easy to use and has a clean interface, so anyone can learn it in no time. The app comes with many pre-made icons and symbols that you can use in your designs, making it easier for beginners.It is primarily designed as a tool for creating user interfaces, but it can also be used to create icons, visual design comps, and full-page layouts. It makes it easy to create high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes, and production code.

Cons

The app has some issues as well. Sketch is not as powerful as Adobe Illustrator, so it’s not suitable for creating complex designs with lots of layers and objects. It also has some bugs that need to be fixed, such as the fact that you can’t copy and paste SVG files into your projects.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Sketch is unlike the rest

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

Pros

When it comes to graphic design, Sketch is up there with Canva & Adobe.

Cons

Sketch has some minor glitches, but it does the job very well.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Sketch for mobile apps

Reviewed on 9/10/2022

Positive experience.

Pros

Its a good "bridge" between designer and developers.

Cons

Is noted the viewer can see the versions of the design. Unfortunately its not true (or is a bug).

Tanisha

Amazing platform for prototyping

Reviewed on 29/10/2022

Pros

Great designing tool, that auto saves your work.Accessibility and easy to use.Responsive staff support.

Cons

Being able to create 3d and animation would give it a plus.

Oussama
  • Industry: Translation & Localisation

My Review on Sketch

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Pros

Sketch has a smooth learning curve. I like the simplicity of this program. My favorite is the included collaboration features. Personally, I'm leaning towards Sketch in the long run.

Cons

I honestly did not face anything odd while using Sketch, I am enjoying this software.

Alanis

It has been my altern

Reviewed on 29/9/2022

Pros

I love the User interface, it's clean and very user friendly, this means, fast and easy to prototype. I really think is should be more popular than it is.

Cons

Collaborative support. You have to integrate plugins to be able to do the basic of a team needs when you are testing a project.

Sketch is an awesome prototyping too for information technology agency.

Reviewed on 7/6/2022

I also solve my web design & development service. When I get any client this time they want a live demo of how to look there website. This time I create a prototype using Sketch. I can create very fast and easily from here.

Pros

Our company offers a full suite of IT Services Like web design & Development, Graphics Design, also digital marketing, so our prototyping needs to run and then hand off to my UX counterparts. Sketch allows us to manage both ends of the spectrum and everything in between, ensuring consistency and collaboration between team members. They then take those and turn them into high-fidelity designs that we use to test with customers. Sketch works great for this.

Cons

Sometimes keyboard shortcuts are not the same as photoshop. This system needs to improve I think. Because maximum designer uses photoshop that why you design your keyboard shortcut like photoshop then much easier for your user.

Reasons for Choosing Sketch

When I know about Sketch then Fastly I use the free version then I realize their tools are too much good then I buy their package.

Reasons for Switching to Sketch

Because of Simple wireframing, Working with other tools, and Easy to share files. Saves our time Saves frustration, Makes collaboration easier. This cause I choose this.
Romi
  • Industry: Design

Pioneer in UI/UX design tool especially for non-designers or UX designers.

Reviewed on 4/11/2021

Easy to use, quick to learn, and whether you are a designer or a developer you can get your designs done in Sketch. Sharing your designs and especially its inspect features helps to deal with developer needs. I have mostly used it for app designs and sharing assets to clients and developers.

Pros

I used to design UI/UX in Adobe Photoshop and illustrator and it has all the features you need but it's too overwhelming and not ideal for quick Ui design. Using sketch feels much more polished and has only tools that you'll need for UI/UX design and not other unnecessary tools. It's much more simplified and quick to learn. No wonder Sketch is getting popular in UI/UX design community and its wide acceptance in the industry.

Cons

- Not for Windows users, that was really a bummer from the start.
I can't say it's a con but the sketch is not a tool for vector illustrations and photo editing. Sometimes when you need to edit the images that you are using in your design or illustration, you can't in Sktch. But you need to understand that it's not the purpose. Sketch is for just basic UI/UX or graphic design tools.
Another thing is maybe it was great to have some more features like has in Figma and how it has whole third party plugin supports etc. But as I said nothing major or a deal-breaker.

Jonno

Still better than Figma (for us), great for UI design systems, constantly improving

Reviewed on 30/9/2021

We use Sketch to design our mobile app, web apps, website, and various other things. It's a key tool in our team's work. Figma is giving Sketch a real run for its money, but so far it's a better fit for our team. Competition is healthy, and I hope that translates into constant improvements over time.

Pros

Symbols and libraries - these are the core of Sketch's power. Dynamically updated components that allow individual customisations/overrides mean we don't have to have a million different variants of a given component. Colour tinting on symbol instances is a huge timesaver too, compared to the hacks and workarounds we used to have with layer styles and nested swatch symbols.
Export presets make asset export simple - I especially love the use of layer names to create folder structures for export. The SVG export gives better results than Adobe Illustrator for example (more decimal places means higher accuracy).
Pressing Enter or double-clicking to drill down within groups of elements is super useful - it'd be even better if there were keyboard shortcuts to cycle back and forth between the layers of a group (i.e. next/previous layer).
Plugins - there's a very active ecosystem of 3rd party developers, with tons of useful plugins to extend Sketch's functionality and make up for some of its limitations.

Cons

The vector editing tools feel very limited. For icon design I often find I have to jump to Adobe Illustrator to get the exact shapes I want. Illustrator's vector manipulation tools are both quicker and offer more granular control over various operations.
Since layer and symbol names are such a key aspect of asset export, I'd love to have built-in rule-based batch renaming features. The popular plugin RenameIt is great, but why not build this in?
The new team accounts are confusing and don't work well. The difference between signing in to an individual account vs a shared workspace isn't clear enough - do I need a serial number or a username and password? Myself and my teammates have had multiple issues with being signed out and getting lost in authentication hell, which immediately cuts us off from our files.

One of the best UI design tools in the market

Reviewed on 27/3/2021

Being a UX and visual designer, Sketch has been the primary software on my computer for years now. Loved the product since its initial release and had been an advocate and a supporter mainly due to how it disrupted the UI design software field. I would like Sketch to improve to keep up with their competition since many designers are now moving to Figma just like how everyone moved from Photoshop and Illustrator to Sketch. Still would recommend any designer to go for Sketch.

Pros

Sketch was the revolutionary software that introduced UI/UX and visual designers with a tool created for that specific task which is creating interfaces. The vector graphic software doesn't limit you there; you are able to create posters, logos or even billboards with its intuitive and easy to learn clean interfaces. The toolbars consist of the standard functions and operators which you usually find in such software. The power of Sketch is beyond the limitations of your own imagination I would say. The symbols feature allows you to create reusable visual components which come in handy when designing multiple interfaces of a product or an app. Going a bit further, these features allow designers to create design languages and design systems very easily as well. There are hundreds of plugins that could be used to further ease the workflow. Sketch also integrates with other tools like Invision (prototyping) and Abstract (version control) which allows the creation of an ecosystem for the designer.

Cons

Sketch in recent years has got multiple competitors like AdobeXD and Figma which sometimes make Sketch fall behind the race in terms of features and functionality. Learning from the failures of Sketch, the competitor products always try to provide better value for money while optimising the workflows for the designer. Major updates from Sketch at most instances lately have been extremely buggy which sometimes even took weeks for them to release a patch. Sketch is only available on Mac which also limits the cross-platform support, unlike its competition. If you are designing a product that has multiple artboards (50+), Sketch tends to become laggy and resource-consuming even on the latest i7 Mac with 16GB of RAM.

Amy
  • Industry: Design

Great software for large and very robust projects, does take more time than XD

Reviewed on 19/2/2021

I like it but I'm moving my team away from using it. We are going to figure out a solution to the symbols issue in XD as overall, XD is a lot quicker to use and to build responsive on. I like sketch but it's just so 'clunky' and in an agency speed and time is important.

Pros

I like the use of symbols. This is crucial to being able to send out successfully to development and makes development time shorter.

I like that there are multiple pages that can be used. Really useful for building out different versions, keeping organised.

Cons

Although the symbols are one of the biggest pluses, they are also one of the core issues. They are 'clunky' and make it difficult to iterate quickly. In some ways, components in XD are better than Sketch (asides from there not being a separate page for them, and no ability to build an atomic structure) as they are more flexible. Often I will need to create 8 versions of the same card to accommodate for different instances (sold out, new, reduced, email me, description, no description, 3 lines of text, 2 lines of text etc...) which is very time consuming. XD allows you to do this well. Creating a symbol also no longer sends to symbol page as default which is annoying.

Images are one of the biggest bug bares. Images should be locked to scale with frame non locked, like in XD. This makes building responsive a lot quicker. Also just being able to drop in images rather than having to build components with different images as 5 layers down is a massive time hog.

File size is an issue. Very laggy and causes my Mac to crash often.

Adobe XD and Figma

Reasons for Choosing Sketch

I switched due to moving to a new agency who used it, since moving to a new agency and running a team I have tried to integrate it but will be discontinuing this effort and reverting to XD

Adobe XD

Sketch is the ultimate digital design tool

Reviewed on 13/2/2021

I have been using Sketch for many years now. The story is that ever since Photoshop started getting slower and more heavyweight, a tool was needed for fast digital (i.e. not print) design. So Sketch, while a bit simplistic at first, rose to popularity along with industries like UX and modern web & app design.

Sketch's biggest competitor is Figma which has many advantages, but for our team, Sketch remains the sleekest and nicest tool for the job.

Pros

Sketch is easy and lightweight. There are many features and enough complexity, but these are all hidden under its clean interface. And that's its best feature, since it makes design easy and accessible. Plus all of its advanced features, like symbols, libraries, styles etc. make modern digital design fun, since you are mostly concerned with what you design, and not working around the tool and its limitations.

Sketch is one of those rare cases, where less is obviously more.

Cons

The biggest drawback of Sketch is it is Mac-only. And while for many designers that's not a problem, let's not forget that a) it's communities that have made many design tools and b) since design has become more important than ever, it has become more inclusive and collaborative than ever as well. This means that a Windows version of Sketch could really make a difference in its future.

Sketch cloud, while it's getting where it needs to be, development is a bit slow and left behind.

Jakub

Robust and reliable

Reviewed on 15/1/2021

Moving from Photoshop is a bit of a philosophy change, but one you get used to it, the whole design process starts getting much (MUCH) faster. After all Sketch is a design tool and not a photo editor. Functions are being added all the time or fixed or improved and mostly it saves clicks and valuable time.
The only issue are shared libraries and collaboration, which the product clearly was not inteded to have included at the time it has been layed out. But hopefully, this will change in future releases.

Pros

You can feel the robustness of the software. It is quick, but at the same time you can feel how it was built with intent. The UI sets the standard of similar design tools and gets constant updates which lead to more productivity and ease of use.

Cons

The ability to collaborate on a project is limited. There is a Sketch Cloud, but generally it is no match for other on-line design tools.

Adobe XD, Framer and Figma

Reasons for Choosing Sketch

Photoshop was slow and bulky to use and making global changes was difficult. With Sketch the introduction of symbols (and symbol overides) was a nobrainer to switch.

Reasons for Switching to Sketch

Is was the most mature product and was de-facto industry standard.
Janie

Accessible, user friendly yet powerful software

Reviewed on 8/10/2020

— Powerful yet simple and intuitive software indispensable in my work day as a digital designer.

Pros

— User-friendly and accessible to designers and non-designers.
— User guide is comprehensive and digestible.
— Version history ("Revert to.. Browse all versions") gives the option to browse, copy, move, and revert to past document versions which has proven to be a huge lifesaver on several occasions. To my knowledge, no other similar programs offer this feature.
— Tools you need daily for layout design, none of the ones you don't (no clutter, smoother performance).
— Easily sync to Sketch Cloud in two clicks.
— Shortcuts are intuitive (R for rectangle, O for oval– unlike competitors ie Adobe: M for rectangle, L for oval)
— User Interface is clean and intuitive, easy to navigate and customizable without being overwhelming.
— Compatible with outside scripts: spell check, AfterEffects bridge, Palette Library, etc.
— $99 one-time payment is fairly accessible, with updates optional.

Cons

— Color management can be pretty abysmal at times. We've run into issues with clients due to colors not matching on export.
— Sketch Cloud does not allow comments like competitors do (InVision). This feature is useful when reviewing with clients, internal QA, internal reviews, etc.
— Find and replace is not available for text.
— Bitmap editing is available but lowers the image quality significantly

Best UI design tool for Mac

Reviewed on 14/9/2020

The most intuitive and effective vector graphic software I've ever personally used. The fact that it's not cross platform may be a deterrent to teams that want to standardize tools, but I don't mind it personally for my own use.

Pros

This is by far the most intuitive user interface design software out there. It is made for screens first, whereas a program like Illustrator has a lot of features built for print first. You can still design screens in Illustrator, but Sketch is built to measure in pixels first and has a much simpler interface.

I can quickly mock up a landing page, logo, app screen and more, faster than any other program. They remove a lot from their own interface that I feel can be distracting in a program like Illustator.

Cons

I'm a Mac user, so this doesn't matter to me, but it only works on Mac's for now. Apparently they are working on a Windows version, but as of September 2020 when writing this, there is no known release date.

Does not open layered .eps files, so I either use a web based conversion tool or open it using Affinity Designer and converting to .svg to work with .eps layered in Sketch.

I find myself wanting to use this interface to create flyers and other print materials as well. I have to go Google dimensions of regular print items to set them properly. While I know that's not the intention of this software, that would be valuable to me and help this software compete with Adobe on print graphics the way they do with vector graphics.

Reasons for Choosing Sketch

Cost and usability. Sketch is ~$100 per year to get updates. I usually go a several months before updating, and that brings my per-month total down slightly compared to Adobe's suite of tools.

Reasons for Switching to Sketch

Pricing structure. Figma is a montly subscription, whereas Sketch is a yearly license. It allows you to use your current version for a few months before upgrading if the budget is tight, or you don't feel the need to update right away. This allows for more flexibility and keeps the overall cost down.
Michael
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best Vector Graphics UX/UI Design Tool For Creating iOS & Other Apps

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Using Sketch has been a great experience for me. I've crafted some excellent and quite complex designs for new apps. I will continue to use Sketch going forward.

Pros

I love Sketch and use it as my main app design tool. While there is a bit of a learning curve, I think it's worth investing the time to learn Sketch, particularly if you're designing user experiences and interfaces for mobile apps. The ability to create and use templates and components makes it extremely versatile. Also, the design tools, symbol libraries, and editing features make Sketch the best UX/UI design app I've ever used. Further, you can add plugins to add capabilities to Sketch. I use several. One of these allows me to export a design as code directly into Xcode! This saves time when coding a new UI.

Cons

There's little I don't like about Sketch. The only thing I could think of needing improvement is in creating gradients in the Appearance section of the Inspector. While this is extremely powerful, I find it a bit confusing at times.

Reasons for Choosing Sketch

Balsamiq is great for basic wireframing. However, it doesn't have the capabilities of Sketch for crafting completely rendered UX/UI interfaces.

Balsamiq

Reasons for Switching to Sketch

Adobe XD is a good product but is not yet as good as Sketch at this time. It is not as feature-rich, nor as easy-to-use.
Enxhi
  • Industry: Design

Great, lightweight tool for UI design

Reviewed on 19/8/2019

Whenever I need a UI project Mobile or Web I just think of Sketch, it is intuitive to work on those kind of projects and the size of the outputs are really small compared to other softwares.

Pros

I liked the focus they put on UI design, with lots of templates available in the community, with specific toolsets that were think with UI and somehow also UX in mind (prototyping). I really liked the versioning new feature that came out for Sketch cloud, although I would like to have it for free for personal uses without collaborators.

Cons

It's hard to make illustrations when coming from other softwares that I used to use from Adobe, and for project that are not related to Mobile or Web doesn't look that easy for me to use or achieve my design projects.

Reasons for Choosing Sketch

The file size as output were totally worth the switch for most of the projects, although for some illustrations or vectorial work I still keep using AI (Illustrator)

Reasons for Switching to Sketch

I am still trying both and testing Sketch especially comparing prices and overall feature availability that are for free in the two different platforms.
Dragos

Sketch is the best tool for UI/UX designers.

Reviewed on 28/2/2019

Great software for UI/UX designers, great for sketching, mockups, previews and prototyping. Highly recommend it!

Pros

It's very light weight and easy to use. You'll get the hang of it even if you are a newbie as a designer. The files are well constructed and even if you have lots of screens inside one file, it will open up easily with almost no waiting time.
The developers behind Sketch constantly push updates. The pricing structure is a lot different than what Adobe does and I believe this is how things should be. You buy one license per device per year (different discounts are applied for different volumes). You get constant updates through out the year and the interesting part is that when that license expires, you can still use the software forever with the last version you had before it expired. No subscription.
You have a big ecosystem of plugins that give you access to some amazing tools like Zeplin.io (for layout exports to devs) and Marvel (for prototyping), but also to independent projects that really make your life easier.
Libraries and Symbols are amazing and once you master them, you work will improve tremendously because you won't spend time copying, redoing or modifying repeating UI elements.
Exports to different resolutions for iOS and Android UI assets is as easy as clicking three times on a plus button and then pressing the export button. How amazing is that? Such a time saver!
You also have prototyping tools inside Sketch to link screens between them, you get missing fonts alert that know which fonts are exactly missing.
Overall it changed my workflow completely!

Cons

The image tool needs more work, as it doesn't have too many options to work with. You can fix this with different plugins or libraries. Hopefully more features will be added soon.
The preview iOS app worked well in the beginning but now it's just awful.
It's worth mentioning that occasionally, when trying to open a file that was created with newer version of Sketch than the one that you are currently using, it won't allow it. This practically makes you upgrade your version.

Erik
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

High customization, packed full of features, slow performance

Reviewed on 22/9/2020

Despite Sketch's performance issues when saving and sharing projects to other platforms, Sketch is the standard for web design. I enjoy the clean and simple interface Sketch provides as well as the high level of customization available through first and third-party plugins.

Pros

My team and I primarily use Sketch to design and share projects using the Zeplin plugin for Sketch. The best thing about Sketch is the ability to add and customize an infinite number of plugins to tailor your workflow. The transition from Adobe products to Sketch was almost seamless, and the interface just makes sense.

Cons

The rendering and saving time in Sketch is a huge con. It takes at least five minutes to save a project with about 100 pages and then another 15 minutes to upload those designs to Zeplin. Sketch often uses way too much CPU and seizes up while saving.

I like Sketch but there are good alternatives out there too.

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Personally, I'm a happy Sketch user however when it comes to projects that require more communication and collaboration, I opt for other tools (Figma!) which my colleagues can use too without Macs and without paying for accounts, etc.

Pros

- Sketch was directly intended for UX people and was a first in the industry for that reason. You no longer had to use tools like Adobe Photoshop which had workarounds but were clearly not intended for UX designers.
- You don't have to keep paying for your account. You can purchase it once and keep using it (you just won't be getting the updates but still). They also have student discounts which is how I got started with it a couple of years ago.

Cons

- It only works on Mac. (They are working on adapting this but their [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has a happily Mac-only approach which is not helpful.) Sketch is the reason I bought a Mac in the first place but it makes collaboration a challenge. I can use Sketch, but not necessarily the whole team.
- Speaking of collaboration... You could not collaborate simultaneously or even in general at all. This is again something they've been working on fixing but it's not great so far and there are better alternatives for this unfortunately.

Reasons for Switching to Sketch

Sketch less of a learning curve and it's a tool intended for UXers. Figma was considered later so now I use Sketch myself and Figma when the team is involved.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Favorite Design Tool!

Reviewed on 23/1/2019

I love how quick they are to make bug fixes and that they are always pushing the capability of what the program can do. They also are not shy of plugins and integrations with Invision and Craft which makes them a better product.

Pros

Here's the short list of why I'll never go back to adobe & always use Sketch
1)Command Keys - I LOVE that I don't have to remember crazy key commands to create simple things like textboxes and shapes. In sketch T creates a textbox, O a circle, R Rectangle! So easy to remember!
2) File Size - I can have HUNDREDS of designed screens in a single file and it doesn't take forever to load! The only time I've ever had a problem was with multiple massive photos in a file and still, that was nothing in compared to other programs
3) Symbols - I love not recreating the same button over and over. And that it's easy to create symbols and also change small things with text override. Helps a ton with consistency!
4) Saving! I love auto-save and if I accidentally deleted something I decided I like the revert ability is awesome! I can't tell you the nightmares I had in college because I forgot to save!
5) Plugins - There is an awesome community around this product and they create great tools to make my life even easier!

Cons

It's great they are always trying to stay up-to-date on the latest and best but as they find better ways to do things it sometimes messes up things like symbols and UI Kits which means rework to match the new functionality.

Clément
  • Industry: Design

A diamond of modeling tool

Reviewed on 15/11/2020

Sketch is a powerful tool however for group projects I have had to export my work to other software several times to work with colleagues or to present my mock-ups to a client who does not have access to the software. Using Sketch you feel like you belong to a private club of experts who cannot collaborate with other designers.

Pros

Precision and organisation are the two things I like Sketch for. The symbols are easy to use together and everything is neatly arranged in its place. With Sketch I can now enjoy the pleasure of being able to design my models to the pixel precision I need to present to my clients and students.

Cons

Prototyping is Sketch's big flaw. You can only go from page to page without creating animations, which creates a brake on creativity and makes it difficult to sell models to a customer. Using Sketch I have to use third party software to prototype my model, it is expensive and impractical. Moreover Sketch is a software only available on Mac and is not free for students, so it is difficult for many people to work with this tool even within the same team.