Syxsense Secure

Threat prevention & endpoint detection and response software

4.7 /5 (60 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.7
4.6
4.5
4.8
Christian D.

Excellent all round

Reviewed on 22/5/2017

From my vendor research, Verismic was the only product that fitted all of our requirements to patch our operating systems as well as 3rd party software all from a solution we don't have to host or look after. I can now remotely deploy patches to my users working from home in Australia, from my desk in the UK - can't get any better than that!

Pros

The product is exactly what we were looking for from a patch management solution. It is flexible, salable and cost effective as well as easy to manage and maintain. When you do come across an issue or have any questions the support and account management teams can't be any more helpful - Generally I see replies to my support cases in a matter of minutes and have never had any issues that are left unresolved. I have monthly calls with our account manager who is always well informed of anything you have raised with them. Full training was provided and the team are willing to complete further training for our growing team.

Jay C.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Proof of Concept went very well, the product provides exactly what we were looking for.

Reviewed on 16/6/2017

Solved our 3rd part patching and software distribution need.

Pros

Being cloud based the advantages are numerous. Some of the most notable Pros are the simplicity of the management console and functions and the fact that we don't have to manage it is that we are a SMB with limited tech staff.

Cons

Haven't found any to speak of yet. The only area that I thing could be made simpler to use is the software package builder.

Rick H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Constantly listening and improving

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Being able to monitor inventory, processes, patching and queries in real-time have really helped keep our environment secure and up to date. This has been very important as remote working has increased across the board. This is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my company.

Pros

Each major update seems to improve the UI and simplifies existing processes within the system. I've been using this for over two years and can't be more pleased with how the company listens to it's clients and level of support whenever questions or issues may arise. Implementation was easy, patching is a breeze, software deployment is improving, notifications and customization of queries and reporting has been fantastic. This is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my company.

Cons

Overall, the good far outweigh the bad here. The only issue that pops up now and again is running into duplicate device IDs for end user machines. Support has helped us track down why this happens, and does an amazing job of detailing what causes the issues. However, it seems to come back every so often due to our changing environment. I'd also like to see a right-click option to install applications on a per-machine basis. This is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my company.

Michael P.

Great for SMB Remote/Mobile Companies

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Our deployment team at Syxsense went smoothly with the team giving us the best practices and setting our environment up.

Pros

It allows for our IT team to easily scan and patch Windows(desktop and server) and MacOS with OS and 3rd party updates. No need to manually upload updates, the full update catalog is done by Syxsense. We have a fully automated system scanning and patching schedule with different groups receiving patches at different calendar days. There are also tools included such as ability to view event logs on a machine, view the serial number of a device, and a big one, upload and remotely deploy software that our org didn't have before. A fair amount of our team of about 150 people are traveling or working remote which made a solution like Microsoft's SCCM or WSUS not practical. In addition, we don't have to have a separate management solution for Apple devices. We have the Syxsense agent on cloud hosted servers in Azure and AWS also. Lastly it is very easy to setup patching groups and windows as well as manually scan and patch if needed.

Cons

The remote screen desktop connection tool could be a little more polished.

Dan O.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Time saver!

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

It has been a real lifesaver especially since everyone has been working remotely since covid, being able to keep all of client machines up to date has been easy and caused us one less headaches to worry about.

Pros

Ease of use, We found the interface so easy to navigate and was very intuitive. We were creating patching policies in minutes. Being able to push out software has been great also especially while everyone was working from home.

Cons

Think the interface for managing multiple tasks could be improved would love to be able to quickly edit schedules from 1 screen rather than having to go into each task. Also would the start time and end time that are displayed after task is run never appears to be correct.

At the moment it appears that you push the patches/scans from the console with the tasks.. I would much rather that the client pulled and pushed these back.. too often a machine might miss the task we run , would be great if when that machine came back online it would auto report back to the console with its patch status.

Wouldn't mind some more comms when new patches are released like Microsoft send out.
Reporting could be better.

Nick W.
Industry: Banking
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

That solution that works perfectly

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Pros

I love that the software just works and you can set schedules for all patching needs. I have Sxysense setup to be fully automated. A huge pro for this is that Syxsense can patch devices that are connected to Home Wifi when users take devices home.

Cons

I have no big cons for dealing with the software.

David D.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to Manage devices and instal patches. Reporting and updating clients also important.

Reviewed on 15/5/2017

Pros

Before using Cloud Management Suite, it was a struggle to manage over 400 devices with SCCM and WSUS. Patching was inefficient and we had no way to keep clients updated with installation reports.

With CMS, we were able to get up and running right away. It's very easy to use. Reporting was extremely crucial for us. Now we can keep clients informed of updates and patches installed on every device in their environment.

Talanda W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great cloud solution for inventory management/updating

Reviewed on 27/2/2017

CMS has been great. The customer support is top notch, for helping with any features that might not be as intuitive as expected. It's been an awesome solution for managing our computer inventory, as we are mostly a remote company. The reporting is comprehensive and the queries and inventory scans, as well as patches, are extremely helpful. The only thing it's missing is Mac support which I believe is on schedule to be completed this year.

Andrew M.

Excellent product

Awesome love the tool

Pros

Very Easy to manage pretty much set it and forget it

Cons

Would like to be able to automatically join groups upon agent install creates alot of management

John B.

one company who gets their clients and adopt a can adjust thinking

Reviewed on 31/3/2016

We proved cyber security solutions for the investment community. One key point in security is maintaining updates and reporting the changes. We have found a good partner with Cloud Management Suite. Having the ability to have reports monthly on all our client's machines has given us and our clients the compliance we need.

At first, some of these special reports were not available in their offering. After speaking to the company and exampling how documenting what was done is key for compliance. The company created our reports within the same week we spoke.

It is a pleasure to work with a company who listens and then act on the items.

Mike N.

Really useful tool for distributed environments

Reviewed on 14/4/2016

Really glad we found this solution for my company, which has offices all over the world. The tool is efficient, easy-to-use, and set-up was smooth. Verismic's team also had awesome customer service and consistently answered my questions along the way. My fav part of the patch management tool is the device health feature, which shows where the unpatched systems are and what patches those systems need. I would recommend this to any IT manager that wants an easy to use cloud-based tool.

Fernando L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

No more long nights and wondering who is missing what.

Reviewed on 5/9/2017

The system is really easy to use, and it help manage the most boring job in IT updates. It helped us keep our systems up to date and report on the for our pen test

Pros

The system is super easy to work with, scans are fast and the color coding of systems is super useful.

Cons

I haven't encountered a con yet. Only down side we had was sometimes load times where slow on the site.

Kerry L.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A worthy tool in any seurity arsenal

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Very satisfied with the product and it has been instrumental in our security program

Pros

I like the ability to see statuses at a qucik glance and this product provides that. No time wasted searching. Easy to use. Many, many features and more keep getting added

Cons

Some of the more advanced features coulds do with better documentation

Wilfredo L.

Mid size company using Patch Manager to manage Desktop/Laptop updating policy

Reviewed on 12/7/2019

Outlook windows updates were causing issues and since wsus packages these we could not manage the updates with out a tool, since CMS we are not able to verify the update before deploying.

Pros

The ease of use, we have spent less time managing the program and less time assisting with issues since the deployment of CMS/ Patch Manager.

Cons

Not sure yet seems to work fine on all aspects and functions

Dustin W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Still Implementing but so far Impressed

Reviewed on 6/6/2019

We have a unique environment where we have 11 total sites and fairly slow links to some of our more remote locations. Pushing windows updates across these links was next to impossible. Cloud Management Suite helps us to fix this issue by allowing the system updates to come down over our faster internet connections at these sites instead of trying to push it across our much slower ELAN.

Pros

The ease of deployment was a huge selling point for my organization. We have been able to include the client on our images which wasn't an option with some of the other solutions that we looked at before purchasing Cloud Management Suite. We also really like the fact that we can upload our own custom install packages into the cloud and push them down to our clients at our 10 remote locations.

Cons

The web console can be a disjointed at times. Every now and then the page doesn't refresh properly and I am forced to go back and repeat the same process over again. I think that this is fairly common with web consoles though and is a huge hindrance to our overall workflow.

Ajet I.
Industry: Automotive

Good system for patching servers

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

we are using them for almost 2 years and are very satisfied. Are able to patch 1000+ remote servers.

Pros

Its easy to setup, cloud based so you don't have to setup and configure any on-prem infrastructure, can patch servers without being connected locally to them i.e over vpn or on same subnet

Cons

Not much, it works really well, sometime when they have new features they might break some tasks and support is not fast in fixing them but that does not happen very ofthen

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Paul M.

One of our key tools

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

We use Syxsense to quickly associate and end user with a device, for remote control of devices and of course to maintain patching on all devices

Pros

We really like the user friendly interface. It gives us a quick view of all of our devices and access to them using the remote control element.

Cons

This may be operator error but there seems to be a gap in assessing and deploying patches to machines that need them. For example, if we see that a particular machine needs a patch it would be useful to know which other machines need the same patch. The only way I know to do this is to note the patch # and then look up that patch under Patches and create a job from there. IT would be very helpful to see and do this right from the patch view under the an individual machine.

Another wish list item would be regarding asset mgmt. While this gives us some asset mgmt ability it falls short of a complete solution

Adam N.
Industry: Computer Software

Syxsense has made management of remote users a breeze

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Our company had a problem with management of users working from home. If they did not connect to VPN there was not a lot we could do to keep the machine patched and secure. Ever since we installed the Syxsense agent on all our machines we can keep them up to date and connect to them with one click from the dashboard.

Pros

Being able to connect to remote machines easily was a big need for us and syxsense makes it very simple for the administrator and the end user. Patching computers automatically and being able to see the inventory of computers is very useful for me.

Cons

The amount of steps you have to go through to create a task I feel could be improved.

Amanda B.

Great Product Great Support

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 6/6/2019

Its been great, so easy to use and helpful beyond imagine

Pros

I like the customization! I can run specific patches on specific devices at specific. I can schedule night patches, I can exclude servers, and can review the task. I also love the support, I always get a response that day and get a follow up as well

Cons

The limited reports and that some were removed.

Jayson J.

Syxsense

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Pros

Easy patch deployment in and out of the organisation’s network.
Possible to deploy software too

Cons

Slow web console interface, needs to refresh at timess

Samuel R.

Excellent product, makes OS and Application patching as easy as it gets

Reviewed on 11/4/2016

I have a background with SCCM 2012, Seccunia, Desktop Central, and a few other endpoint management systems... and I will hand it to these guys at CMS... they have made a product that is very intuitive and very easy to get up and running.
Their customer service was also excellent. They were very quick to respond, always available to help, and good people all around. I would recommend them to any small business with limited IT resources who want a simple platform to get up and running quick with no on-prem server to maintain and no week long training classes required to administer.

Jeremy T.

Great software

Reviewed on 21/4/2016

We chose Patch Manager because it was a cloud based system and we have many users who travel. We can verify all patches have run without the user ever having to login with VPN. Great software. The support have been perfect, they have helped us with any issues (mainly on our side) that have come up.

Jason B.

Syxsense Review

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

The main reason for jumping to Syxsense over a internal Wsus server was the fact that everything is cloud based and we didn't have to rebuild a Wsus server every year.. also to view a visual overview of the health of our environment without running huge Enterprise software's like SCCM etc.

Pros

Some of the key features we love about Syxsense would be the Built in Remote tool, the Site health overview, and the easy to read dashboards.

Cons

Interface has its slow days still, the one thing that annoys me the most is the Search field (i get it had to query information but some days it gets to the point where you type 1 letter, wait 10 seconds then type the next letter..)

Kim H.
Industry: Utilities

The way of the future

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

We have been able to bring in all of our member offices and view their device health through the same console that we use to manage our corporate devices. The ability to setup patch scans and patch deploys based on different offices and different operating systems has helped relieve a lot of stress and worrying for us.

Pros

We were starting to see issues keeping our devices up to date prior to Covid but when Covid hit and we were no longer seeing devices in the office Syxsense was a life saver! It has allowed us to keep eyes on our devices and ensure that they are fully patched against vulnerabilities. The remote control feature has allowed us to get to devices that we can't access via VPN.

Cons

The interface can be a little slow and quirky occasionally and we do run across strange issues with devices from time to time but I have to say the support team has been very helpful in following up quickly to our tickets and working with us to understand and resolve the issues.

Jim K.
Industry: Insurance

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

cuts down on the time it takes to resolve problems

Pros

The support you get from Syxsense is unmatched.

Cons

due to it being in the cloud, it tends to sometimes be a bit slow going from task to task and updating properly on screen.