TaxDome

4.7 (1,573)
Tax practice management software for bookkeepers and CPAs

(1,573)

1573 Software options

Patrice B.

Just The Tool Needed to Help My Virtual Firm Scale to that Next Level

Reviewed on 22/11/2021

I am looking for a streamline process where I can see the flow as to how things move in my virtual accounting and taxation firm and this will allow me to do that while automating workflows. That alone will save me so much time as I put this together.

Pros

Currently I am only going to be using a few of the options that are in the software and am going to transition my clients into using more of the software over the next year. My primary thing that I am looking for is using the CRM, Email and Automated Workflow Options. Oh yeah the unlimited e-signatures is a plus, because I have been going back and forth in between systems and this has been costing my time. I love the fact that I will be able to just come into one system, and watch the workflows go and clearly be able to know when clients AND prospects have done what I need them to do. I want to know as much about client needs before that initial touch point and I know that this is the tool that my firm needs to be able to do just that as we scale.

Cons

Honestly I couldn't locate the webinars easily. I am not saying that I wanted to avoid the Demos, but I would love to have know where the webinars were located sooner so that I could watch the videos since I signed up on a weekend.

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I am looking to streamline my processes and procedures. I currently use Clientwhys as my website, marketing, and portal, but I need a better clearer view and I need the ability to actually automate workflows all in one location.

Trello and Adobe Sign

Abbey G.

Best All In One Software - I've tried them all

Reviewed on 3/9/2021

TaxDome support is incredibly responsive and useful. The implementation time was minimal for this software. I got my workflows set up in a day and was working in the software pretty efficiently within 3 days. My clients LOVE the portal and it sets me apart as an accounting firm because our communication is consistent, timely, and they know where to find me.

Pros

I love that it has all of the features I really wanted for a great client experience and workflow management. The client portal is phenomenal. The Workflows are easy to setup and the templates are a great starting point. Not too complex and not too simplistic

Cons

I wish that recurring tasks customized to a specific client could be built into a recurring pipeline job instead of having to link recurring tasks when they're created. I can tell this feature is missing because of the way the software was designed to streamline the workflow management experience which is otherwise phenomenal. The minor inconvenience of linking a task to a job after the fact is minimal compared to the rest of the benefits I have from this software.

Canopy Software and Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I mostly used ClientHub prior to switching and I switched mostly because it was too simplistic and not as secure. The client portal was decent in ClientHub but this one is better. Workflows were great in ClientHub but TaxDome has the potential to be even better.

Canopy Software and Karbon

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

All three of the softwares I had been evaluating prior to finding TaxDome each had some of the features I wanted but none of them had them all. Ultimately Karbon was too complex and time consuming to setup for my small accounting firm, Client Hub was too simplistic and not secure enough, and Canopy was geared more toward Tax only rather than both tax and accounting/bookkeeping.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the feedback, Abbey! we appreciate it. We aim to continuously improve our product. If there's still missing feature that you would like to add in TaxDome especially related Task and Pipeline, we have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized . Feel free to reach out to our team. Our support is free and unlimited.

Patricia G.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great but ready for improvements.

Reviewed on 10/6/2021

My overall experience has been awesome. Even with my concerns the support and resources have been useful. I love the Facebook group and the responsiveness from all the representatives. I liked being able to just start working on my file and every time I started to feel overwhelmed, I just asked for help and it was there. That's invaluable and hard to explain until you start to experience it. That's exactly what I want to show my clients. If you are overwhelmed by taxes, let me help. I guide you through the process.

Pros

Customer support, online videos, and all the resources. I'm a jump-in and get started. I don't want to schedule a demo, I don't want to talk to anyone I just want to get my feet wet. I can quickly determine if I'm going to like something or not. I always learn by playing around with things. I LOVE how I could sign up and then start asking questions and scheduling help once I learned my way around the software.

Automation of workflow. My reason for actually purchasing the software is the automation. I want to save time (eventually) with setting up my system to keep my clients informed every step of the way.

I also love that I can quickly look at my clients and send emails based on where they are in the completion of their projects. I also find the auto-reminders for clients to do something incredibly useful.

Cons

I don't like the projects. My biggest worry is I'm going to miss a project for a client. That just can't happen. The pipeline is taking me time to get used to and I'm trying to remember the point of it. I do think once I get it down it will be VERY helpful. I'm more concerned that I do the same work every year or month or quarter. I just want a way to easily know that every client will at least get on my to-do list with the jobs I need to complete for them.

Asana, Jetpack Workflow, Financial Cents, Canopy and ClickUp

Price for features.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Price, signature requests, reviews from customers, and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your feedback. This helps us a lot. We have recently released recurring jobs so you no longer have to remind yourself to add jobs for clients as they'll automatically be added for you: https://help.taxdome.com/article/290-adding-recurring-jobs

Erika L.

Powerful Tool for Your Accounting Business

Reviewed on 28/5/2021

I am going to be using TaxDome as an all in one tool to run my practice. So far, I am amazed by how much time it is helping me save. It will also help me to hire a few employees and staff since I am growing. It makes it easy to track and delegate tasks.

Pros

I like most that this software is an all-in-one tool. It is packed with useful features and can streamline the way that an accounting professional runs their firm. The support is also excellent, offering white glove, in person onboarding and well organized manuals. I have also heard from my clients that the client interface is easy to use. They have been more responsive to me on this tool than the tool I was using previously.

Cons

The pros about this tool are almost the cons! There are so many features to unlock and learn about. There are also a few features that need to be added into it (although I see that it is still being devleoped). It needs to have a feature that allows the firm to sign documents as well as the client (rather than using a pasted signature that is easy to forge). It also needs to have more templates for workflows and contracts (or at least better ones). I also think that TaxDome would benefit from a user group in which users can share best practices and templates and tools.

Liscio, Jetpack Workflow and Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The tools I was using required a lot of manual processes and did not have a streamlined interface. I was also just looking for a practice management tool, and then I came across TaxDome, which does more than just practice management.

Trello, RightSignature and SmartVault

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome has more features at a lower cost and was recommended by more of my peers.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Erika,

Thanks! We have a facebook group for TaxDome Users, please join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/taxdome

We also have a feature request board where you can communicate with our product team directly.

Cindy H.

All-in-One Solution for Tax & Accounting work

Reviewed on 26/5/2021

I've known exactly what I've wanted from a software solution for several years and had resorted to piecing together multiple apps with Zaps to try and automate where I could. But it was still frustrating until TD came along. You just "get it" and while it's not perfect yet, I can see a real dedication to continuous improvement and I love that. I have now been able to eliminate so many other apps I was using for eSignature, client portal, doc sharing, mass emailing, client data management, etc.

Pros

The workflow automation is a game changer. No more endless writing the same message over and over to clients. The software tells us when a client has finished their tasks and they are ready for us to work on their job.

Cons

Navigation is a little cumbersome -- too many clicks required. It's not exactly intuitive to the user yet. I would like to see more high level statistics with the ability to drill into details, rather than a lot of detail all on one page.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Cindy, that you for your feedback, we appreciate it. TaxDome always strives to be better and we are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. What really sets us apart is we are not a marketing company, we are led by product to create the best products we can for you and your team. You can chat with us or email us ([email protected]) about your questions regarding navigation, just let us know.

Rachel W.

Best decision of 2020

Reviewed on 29/4/2021

TD solved my immediate portal need, the old system was really just a document exchange, this allows for so much more, the e-signature feature alone was worth the price to me for ease of interactions with my clients and to have all the documents in one place that I can access from my office or home office.

Pros

I love the ease of use for my clients, most have found it very easy to use with no hand-holding and adopted and loved it very quickly. They can upload almost any format of documentation and backups to me with a few clicks. I get notifications how I want to see them and then all emails linked are saved in their history, so it's much easier to look back and find what I need without searching my endless emails in Outlook. Secure message is an easy way for many to communicate and I have saved records of those exchanges.

Cons

I did not yet have time to implement any of the task and automation processes, I started in Dec 2020 right before tax season, so those features are still waiting because I was a little overwhelmed with that setup process. It will be my summer project to figure out and test the process to make the whole system work better for me and improve my manual processes for tracking.

OfficeTools and Liscio

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Not happy with the exchange, it was difficult for some clients to use and no longer worked with Outlook, making it difficult for me on my side, too. Was limited doc exchange and didn't have many other benefits.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

I liked the ease of use of TD over the others, the price was better for me as a solo and the recommendations were stronger.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you Rachel, your feedback is valuable to us. We are happy to know that TaxDome was able to serve your immediate needs for your practice. Our support is free and unlimited, feel free to reach us through chat, email or schedule an onboarding. If you need any assistance with setting up your tasks and automations you can schedule a 45-minute-onboarding using this link: http://taxdome.com/45 we are happy to help.

Christina S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Not perfect but the closest you'll find out there right now and constantly improving

Reviewed on 28/1/2021

I have been looking for something like TaxDome for years as a fully remote preparer and no one offers a comparable program and I feel it is priced extremely well. I felt like a kid on Christmas when I discovered it and couldn't wait to sign up and it has lived up to my expectation. It's not perfect but what I think makes it valuable is their request feature and transparent development. Knowing that someone is working to improve a product definitely affects your opinions on the current version. I would prefer that to a product that is never going to change and you have to adapt to.

Pros

It's well designed for tax professionals and know which features we need accessible to us in one place. I was able to replace 4 other vendors immediately with the potential to replace 2 more as they add additional features. I turned off my email notifications and now I just login to TaxDome when I'm ready to work and everything is in one place and I'm not overwhelmed and distracted by emails. I thoroughly enjoy working within the platform as I can stay in one place and get a lot done without skipping around in various programs. I love to work from the client's page because I can see everything I need for them in on place while I'm working on their return. While there is a learning curve for clients that can't be avoided, the feedback from my clients is very positive. I have always been a remote preparer so that is nothing new for me or for them, but they do like this new platform after years of me trying to find the best fit. The customer service is unmatched. They really want to hear from you and help you and the amount of additional help they offer outside of the norm at no additional charge is unheard of. I love the template and automation features in TaxDome. I feel like I can stay connected with my clients more easily and it saves manual work which is always the goal!

Cons

There is definitely room for improvement and I'll note them in cons but I want to preface by saying that I wouldn't consider them a con against deciding to use the application. The benefits far outway the issues and, most importantly, they are constantly adding new features and improvements and are very transparent about it which is great as a user because you know they care what you want and are actively working on it. It also helps you plan for future improvements. For example, the current organizer doesn't have conditional logic but it's being developed. I'm waiting for that to be available as well as other organizer improvements to move my organizer into TaxDome. The billing feature leaves a LOT to be desired and I debated keeping my outside vendor for billing because of it but, again, they already have one improvement in the works and I have faith they'll listen to other ideas for future improvement. It's the one piece that I feel like was quickly added in to make it available which is appreciated but it really needs a lot of TLC to make it appropriate and professional enough for our industry. The billing section is my only real complaint. They also really need to update the word contact to engagement letter to be more industry-appropriate but I've seen it requested by many so I'm hoping they update that soon.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you so much for the great feedback Christina! We are happy to know that you are satisfied with TaxDome and we greatly appreciate any suggestions for features, any way we can help you with your practice. Keep them coming and you can submit them using this link: https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board.

Helene E.

TaxDome Review

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

I am just starting with TaxDome. So far I think I will like it most importantly due to the conveniences for clients to scan and upload documents and to provide e-signatures.

Pros

The ability for clients to upload documents without a scanner, and for those documents to get saved directly to their files without my staff needing to take valuable time to get them there.

Cons

The meetings to initially test the software did not happen as promised. I created appointments but 2 of those 3 meetings I scheduled were canceled or rescheduled by a TaxDome person and they never told me. I was left scrambling trying to get the meetings to happen. For the software itself, what I like least is the inability to link an email to a client without adding the contact entirely to that client (ie like a bank that I deal with for multiple clients. I only want the emails relating to that specific client to be linked to them. My current CRM software allows me to do this.)

Response from TaxDome

Hi Helene!

Thanks for your review! Your feedback is important to us. Feel free to reach out to our support team for assistance. You should be able to schedule a 1:1 Onboarding without any issues.

Luis R.

Awesome

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

I have found a substantial decrease in time processing and managing the clients' tax returns

Pros

The most that I like is that all tools that I need to effectively manage my tax practice in on a single site

Cons

I have no concerns about the product, except for the fact that it doesn't allow to get independent signatures from married couples filing jointly

Response from TaxDome

Thanks, Luis!
I'd like to inform you that we've released the ability to add multiple signers, so now you can get independent signatures from couples. For more information, please refer to our help: https://help.taxdome.com/article/72-getting-signatures-for-your-documents#6

Jennifer B.
  • Industry: Accounting

My clients and I love it!

Reviewed on 15/1/2021

The weekly webinars have been helpful. The onboarding of our clients was very easy. I still have a few questions but have an appointment this afternoon and am hoping to get those answered.
I have, in the first week, sent out at least a dozen signature requests already and have gotten great results.
We were almost completely virtual during 2020, but all our solutions (e-signatures, storage, payments) were all in different places. Now they are all in one place. Thank you!

Pros

Even my most technologically challenged clients have been able to implement the software, upload docs, sign forms, and employ the app. All my clients love having an app of their phone so they are not tied to their desks.
I like being able to print to the taxdome directly.
I love the unlimited electronic signatures. We have researched a good solution for our small but not tiny business and there is no good, affordable electronic signature solution for a firm our size. Until now!
I can, as a small business, have my own app, something I would not be able to afford without your product.

Cons

The different folders (public, private, clients) is confusing and cumbersome, but I understand that is changing soon.
I am one of those people who would like to talk to a real person and I know that is time consuming and expensive for you all but I feel better resolution happens that way. I made an appointment but it was three days out for a 15-minute appt. Still made the appointment, though. That having been said, I like the low $50 monthly fee, so I'm good.
I am a visual person and this is just my opinion (you asked) but I don't like the look of the Overview page.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the amazing feedback, Jennifer! Feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team anytime you need any assistance as support is free and unlimited. We now have a lot of available schedule for the 1:1 onboarding or screen sharing session.

Randy T.

Best Tax/Accounting Office Management

Reviewed on 30/9/2021

Pros

Workflow management, task tracking, and ability to manage emails to/from clients across various staff.

Cons

Lack of ability to backup job data and notes to an external source. I want this to be able to print notes and job progress to a client file, or if TaxDome were to ever go away, or even if we decided to leave for any reason, so that we'd have proper backup. This was the single biggest factor that almost made our company not commit to TaxDome, but we hope they will add this ability in the future.

Time tracking has a long way to go to be useful. Invoicing needs more features, such as discounting, etc.

OfficeTools and Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Cost and Task Tracking dedicated to the tax and accounting community

Clio

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome had the most features and customer support. Overall, we feel confident TaxDome listens to their customers to continually improve their product.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the feedback , Randy! We appreciate it. For the features that are still not available with TaxDome, We have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized . See link below for more details. https://help.taxdome.com/article/382-feature-request . Feel free to contact us if you need assistance .Our support is free and unlimited.

Jenny P.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy to use, everything in one place

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

Amazing, despite the cons I listed above I think it's a fantastic product, much better than what I was using before. It's also a great price.

Pros

Extremely intuitive software, I love that I have so many different types of functionality in one place rather than needing different apps. Clients love the organisers and checklists! I love the pipelines and automations.

Cons

I wish the integration with Quickbooks was two-way rather than one-way. I don't like having to mark invoices as paid twice (I don't use the credit card payment system because the fees are extremely high for UK users). I also wish there was more choice in automations – such as to move clients to a new pipeline, or to mark an invoice as paid without me having to raise an invoice. I also wish the client onboarding allowed for extra questions, rather than just one.

OfficeTools, Jetpack Workflow, Xero and Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I didn't list them because there's nothing wrong with them, I just really like how TaxDome offers a one stop shop for all of my needs (and is also tax preparer specific).

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome and Jetpack seemed to best fit my needs, but TaxDome offered a wider range of services, and was already geared towards tax professionals. I tried the free trial and never looked back!

Response from TaxDome

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently working to have the QBO integration 2-way- https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/qbo-2-way-sync-for-client-name-address-or-phone-updates-with-audit-trail

Feel free to add a comment or a suggestion.

Christina C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Needed something more robust than a spreadsheet

Reviewed on 23/8/2021

It's ok. The emails are helpful, but I would like some more 1 on 1 available to me. The white glove onboarding is choppy, and I never got the email for the link like the email said.

Pros

What sold me is the integration of the client organizers. I am a 100% virtual firm. I have had an extensive PDF organizer for years that clients would have to print, fill out, and scan back into Smart Vault. I love the online organizer that they can start, stop, and do on their phone. It's all about convince for the client now. The integration of Drake straight into the file sharing is also BIG with me.

Cons

The set up time. It will take me at least 3 months to get it all set up for all my clients. I wish there were more templates or training available on HOW to set it up. I feel like a fish out of water here. Like I'm reinventing the wheel. It would be easier to have templates that I can roll with and change for tasks and such. I also signed up for white glove onboarding, and was ghosted. I emailed, no response. So I feel like I'm on my own here.

Karbon

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Cost, and the client organizer functionality.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you so much for your feedback, Christina! We really appreciate it. For setting up, it should not take that long. Once you sign up trial/paid and you exported your client data from other program to a spreadsheet, you can import it using our easy to use import tools, you can Bulk Upload: Batch Import Documents From Other Systems to TaxDome using TaxDome Win app and You can also move files over by copying from the TaxDome Drive. Feel free reach our our Customer Success as support is free and unlimited, including 1:1 onboarding and screen sharing session.

Mike E.

Taxdome Review

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

Overall I was searching for something that could handle online organizers and got so much more. The organizer feature is easy to use and you can create custom organizers. Our clients love it too.

Pros

There are many features all in one program. The tax organizer is great and simple to use. Having a sign feature right in the same program keeps everything in one place

Cons

Cannot scan directly to the taxdome drive. Cannot create the yearly folders from within the taxdome drive which makes the workflow not as efficient as it could be.

Formstack Forms

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

To much customizing had to be done in the previous program

Insightly

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Setting up an organizer in taxdome was so much easier than formstack especially since a template was provided to start with.

Response from TaxDome

Thanks, Mike!
I'd like to inform you that these features have been released. For more information please see our release notes: https://blog.taxdome.com/release-notes

Erin C.

New happy user

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

TaxDome gives me the ability to see everything in one place and understand where my clients are in the process. Also, I like to give my clients the personal touch, and since I am growing, I'm gaining more clients each year and I need to keep track of them, which TaxDome will help out with!

Pros

The software was easy to get initially set up and connected to the other software that I use. It was also super easy to setup the client base. The ability to have all the contact information and able to trace everything at one spot is key, and great for my small business!

Cons

It is probably just because I am a new user, but the workflows seemed complicated to set up a bit, but I'm sure that I will get used to it as I use it more.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Erin!

Thanks for your feedback. Feel free to reach out to our customer success team to schedule a 1:1 Onboarding screen share session with us as support is free and unlimited. We would be more than happy to help you every step of the way!

Kristine E.

Most Powerful Tool for Tax Business

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

The new leader in tax and accounting software and practice management!

Pros

This software is built for phenomenal success in tax and accounting business. Simplified yet functional, cost effective and efficient CRM, easy to understand overseeing clients, workflows, stages, managing the work and the team, and the tasks involved. Love the filters, tags, and multiple features it caters to the user. Customer Service is above par - always available and will support you in every way they can. There is so much value it brings to a company - I highly recommend it!

Cons

It's got some challenges, just like any other software, but they are quickly making progress on many counts!

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Dubsado was not reliable. Lacking functionality on several areas.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

After exhausting all our efforts on analyzing all the tax and accounting/practice management software/CRM in the market - at first demo, we knew it was THE ONE!

Response from TaxDome

Hi Kristine! This review is awesome! Thanks a lot for this.

Daphne W.

Great Software

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

excited to use taxdome for all our services and enhance client data, documentation and process.

Pros

We have been searching and testing so many softwares to be able to run our firm smoothly. Finally i have found something that will alleviate so much nuances in our firm. It will assist our managers to organize and maintain tracking of projects. We are in the starting phases, but so far it has been great and we are excited to see how the processes play out.

Cons

The contract feature- while it is great, we do provide various services and tiers of services. We are unable to have one template to plug in the services and their descriptions. Therefore have different contracts per tier of service.
Services- we are unable to describe in detail the scope of the work when creating a service.
I hope this can be an improvement in the future

Asana and Practice Ignition

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Overall has way more abilities to perform all tasks instead of catering to 1 type of service.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the nice review Daphne! We highly appreciate it. Yes, we will continue to improve and add more features. We also have feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized . See link below for more details. https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need .

Rich S.

Intuit Practice Mgmt vs Canopy vs Tax Dome

Reviewed on 25/9/2020

So far I love it.

Pros

Cloud-based! Mac Desktop Assistant! Super flexible client Organizers

Cons

I am just starting to work with it but the user interface could be better. Needs more use of icons and crisper font.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Rich, thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.

We are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. To request new features, https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board.

Natalya G.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great product to grow my practice with!

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

Overall great experience so far. I am confident, this software will help me to grow my business successfully

Pros

Automations and amount of features are the best. Also, constant improvements are invaluable. Customer support is very responsive and helpfull

Cons

There is a place for improvement to make this platform even better such as intuitive organizers for example

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Natalya! Your feedback is valuable. Please know that you have the ability to request new features you think might improve your experience of TaxDome or vote on whether you think other users' suggestions are good too. , https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board.

Cindy M.

So far so good

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

We are excited to use TaxDome and hopefully see our bookkeeping and tax workflow improve!

Pros

Our firm loves that TaxDome is an all-in-one software so our "tech stack" isn't so large. Too many apps have negatively impacted our efficiency.

Cons

Unlike Practice Ignition, we won't be able to automatically collect monthly payments from clients. The second thing we are struggling with is that TaxDome doesn't yet integrate with Xero.

Response from TaxDome

Hi @Cindy -- thanks for your review!

Re; automatically collect monthly payments. This is in our roadmap, so you will be able to do this soon!

You can automatically send invoices via automations (including on a schedule - say every 1st of the month) - but it won't charge the client automatically. Automatic drawdown on the 1st of the month (example) will be coming.

Janet D.

Automation!

Reviewed on 6/7/2020

TD Support has been pretty responsive. Once I finish on boarding and get my pipelines built, I hope I will have the opportunity to update my review.

Pros

The automation is going to offer a significant savings for my team and payroll.

Cons

It's missing some features like notes within the task that are specific to the clients, but I believe that's in a planned roll out. I also would like to see more administrator control for the staff to make sure the product and my client data stays secure. Another big con is that TD only works with Stripe which is a pretty expensive cc processor.

Jetpack Workflow and Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

ATOM move like a chunky monkey. The DOS Platform is outdated. Between staff and client complaints and overall growth this year, I needed something scaleable.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Jetpack does not offer secure client portal or access and Canopy is a joke in the tax world.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Janet, thank you for leaving a feedback, much appreciated.

You can add in description for tasks, if that is what you meant.
For more administrator access of some team member, you can request new feature https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board.
You can also use CPACharge for processor https://help.taxdome.com/article/172-accepting-credit-card-payments

Amanda B.

One stop shop!

Reviewed on 22/6/2021

TaxDome will keep us organized all throughout the tax year! Whether its tracking clients files or invoicing, TaxDome does it all, seemlessly

Pros

This product is very user friendly and easy to learn. It houses all of the necessary prerequisites we were looking for in a CRM software. So happy we made the switch!

Cons

I would love a scheduling platform within the software instead of having to incorporate another program into our firm

Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Drake Portals and IntakeQ were very difficult to use.

Drake Tax and IntakeQ

Response from TaxDome

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your feedback. This scheduling feature is currently planned in our feature request board. I have upvoted your firm for this request, feel free to add comments or suggestions - https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/company-appointment-scheduling-with-popular-online-calendar-integration

Marcus B.

Must have software

Reviewed on 28/8/2021

Still very new just finished free trial but so far everything promised has been there plus more.

Pros

All the features are company wanted without have to pay for different pieces. One price for all. A easy to use app for our clients and task management to keep us on task. Still more features to learn and enjoy.

Cons

So far the only issue has been the app is designed only for your clients. I’m on the road a lot and would like to see it be a little more mobile friendly.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you so much for that wonderful feedback, Marcus! We really appreciate it. The good news is, TaxDome Application for Firm feature is currently in progress and will be released very soon. Feel free to reach out to our Customer Success Team if you need assistance about the product. Our support is free and unlimited.

Sara B.

My Automated Assistant

Reviewed on 14/2/2020

Overall, very good. Any issues I've had were easily resolved.

Pros

I picked TaxDome because it is specifically designed for the tax industry. It has a comprehensive approach compared to its competitors, yet it is simple to use. I really like the Tasks for work that repeats every month! I also have found the FAQ's for common questions with video illustrations very helpful. Customer service has been very responsive to any questions. I also appreciated the 30 day trial as it took me awhile to have time to test it out. I hope they are considering a Zapier integration.

Cons

There are some basic features (like being able to sort any column with a click, adjusting column width, hiding columns, expanding/wrapping task descriptions) that are not available to customize the experience. That being said, it's still very usable. I also think they should be a little more clear that, while e-signatures are compatible for an engagement letter, the 8879's are not and will cost extra in order to meet the more strict IRS requirements.

Jetpack Workflow and 17hats

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Sara!

A few updates!

1) I'd like to inform you that KBA (Knowledge-Based Authentication) is available. For more information about how to use it, please refer to this article: https://help.taxdome.com/article/72-getting-signatures-for-your-documents#7

2) Zapier integration has been released, as well - https://blog.taxdome.com/news/2020/08/21/zapier.html

Joshua T.

Needle in a Haystack

Reviewed on 22/1/2021

Great experience for the price.

Pros

It's extremely!!!!!!! customizable and can fit your firm. It also comes with many templates in every category if you don't want to spend the time setting everything up manually. The trainings are a huge help as well

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve because it is so customizable. I don't like how new clients must first be added as contacts, then added again as clients. It's a little redundant.

Drake Tax and Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Drake did not have the workflow.

Drake Tax

Cost and UI

Response from TaxDome

Thank you Joshua, your feedback is valuable to us. We are happy you find our software great. With regards to adding account in TaxDome you can refer to this link: https://help.taxdome.com/article/100-adding-accounts#8