TaxDome

4.7 (3,038)
Write a Review!
Tax practice management software for bookkeepers and CPAs

(3,038)

All-In-One Accounting Practice Management

Reviewed on 16/5/2023

CRM, DMS, portal, payment processing/collections, eSignature

CRM, DMS, portal, payment processing/collections, eSignature

Pros

I like that TaxDome is all-inclusive, everything I need to manage my practice is in one package.

Cons

I do not like the requirement to pay for an entire year at a time, or to pay three years in advance for the best price. This is a barrier to adoption for new and/or small practices, like my own.

Canopy and Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

TaxDome's features won me over.

Pipedrive and ShareFile

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

They either lacked the features I wanted, or were even more experience.

Response from TaxDome

Hi James!

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with TaxDome. We appreciate your kind words regarding our platform's all-inclusive nature and its ability to fulfill your practice management needs.

We understand that the requirement to pay for an entire year at a time or to pay in advance for multiple years can present challenges, particularly for new and small practices like your own. We genuinely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Our pricing structure is designed to offer the best value and ensure that our clients receive the most competitive rates.

We encourage you to reach out to our customer support team. They may be able to explore potential options or discuss alternatives that could better suit your practice's specific requirements. We genuinely value your business and want to ensure that you can fully leverage TaxDome's capabilities without feeling constrained by the payment structure

Once again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and your willingness to share your thoughts with us. Your input is invaluable as we strive to enhance our platform and provide a seamless experience for all our users. If there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Have a nice day!

Darren

TaxDome Replaces DropBox, Secure Portal Exchange, and CRM

Reviewed on 5/8/2023

Overall, its been a great experience. I love the fact their is a white glove on-boarding process which has been extremely helpful to my firm to help me understand the Tax Dome system and features a lot better. I would definitely recommend this software to my tax pro and accountant colleagues.

Pros

I love the fact that TaxDome replaces DropBox, Secure portal for file sharing, and CRM. TaxDome not brings these three components together, but then you also get a client portal, workflow management tool, automations with your workflows.

Cons

Like any new system, there is an implementation and adjustment period. This isn't really con, but it would be the only pain point, but totally worth the time spending on implementing and adjusting to the tax dome system.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Darren!

Thank you for your insightful review of TaxDome! It's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying the multitude of benefits it brings to your workflow. The integration of file sharing, a secure portal, and CRM functionality sounds like a game-changer.

It's impressive how TaxDome combines these essential components into one cohesive platform, along with added features like a client portal and workflow management tools. The inclusion of workflow automations further streamlines your processes, saving you time and effort.

Regarding the implementation and adjustment period, your perspective is valuable. It's quite common for new systems to require a bit of time to adapt to, but it's reassuring to hear that you view it more as a transitional phase than a true con. Your positive attitude toward investing time in learning and acclimating to the TaxDome system highlights the long-term value it provides.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Accounting

Still learning and looking forward to upcoming features

Reviewed on 20/2/2023

So far, we are enjoying the software. We started to close to tax season, so we aren't implementing a lot of the features yet. Our biggest goal is to have a centralized location for everything instead of having multiple spreadsheets for practice management.

Pros

Tax Dome seems to have most of the features we were looking for and if they didn't have the feature it appears to be in the roadmap to add to the software. I really like the workflows, even though we have not implemented them yet.

Cons

It is not as customizable as I would like. I am hoping that this will improve as new features are added and updated. My biggest complaint is that the virtual drive cannot be synced in real time to a local drive, which does conflict with our ISP (Information Security Plan); we are copying and pasting into the local drive for now, but during tax season, especially, we have a lot of data that is changed constantly.

Intuit Practice Management

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Costly and archaic. Working Papers also had more features than we were using so the cost did not make sense for our practice.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The cost was high with Intuit Practice Manager and the features we wanted were add-ons and would have been an additional cost.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review, it is valuable to us.

It's great to hear that TaxDome has been able to provide you with many of the features you were looking for, and that the workflows are a useful feature for your practice.

Regarding the customization, we understand our users' desire for more flexibility, We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests.

Chris

Canadian accounting firm review

Reviewed on 6/7/2023

Pros

Has just the features we needed. Their interface is not overly cluttered like other programs, which can overwhelm new users. TaxDome is straight forward and there is more than enough online videos to walk you through how to use the program.

Cons

Pricing is not low, but also not out of the norm for practice management software. The requirement to pay one-year up front for the first license is a bit annoying as it makes you feel like you need to be all in, right away. Not saying this is a bad thing, but if you are on a tighter budget, you may want to look at lower cost software to piece together for your practice management needs.

Financial Cents, Karbon and Firm360

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The layout and features were easier to digest than Karbon. Financial Cents were missing some integration components and document management features.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, one of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We want to assure you that we strive to provide our clients with the best value for their investment by continuously improving software to increase your productivity and efficiency.

We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Amy

TaxDome - CRM-Practice management for all

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

Positive so far. I need to work on the processes so I can build my pipelines and my workflows.

Pros

Easier for clients to access and upload documents

Cons

I have only had one complaint, about uploading documents in the desktop upload folder. The dev team jumped right on it and should have it fixed soon!

Canopy and Rever

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Easier to use, better interface for clients. Easier for the client to use.

Rever

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Cost and ease of use by clients. Tax Dome gave me more for my money!
Faheem

Taxdome system

Reviewed on 24/1/2024

Pros

It’s a good system to use for day to day work flow management

Cons

System is user friendly, however, need to enhance the capacity by adding projects automation

Response from TaxDome

Hello Faheem,

We’re glad to hear that TaxDome fits well into your daily workflow management and that you find the system user-friendly.

Your feedback about enhancing capacity with project automation is valuable, and we're continuously looking for ways to improve and evolve our features to meet the needs of our users. Please consider submitting your ideas to improve this functionality as feature requests (blue question mark, top right corner)

If you have any suggestions or need assistance, please contact us.

Have a great day!

Patrick

Taxdome - Great Help with Large # of Clients

Reviewed on 22/8/2023

Pros

Tracking due dates is extremely helpful as our tax software does not provide that. We have missed several due dates with fiscal year ends because we have no good tracking mechanism.

Cons

Learning - training myself on a new program is time consuming.

Canopy and Firm360

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

With a $1 million+ firm, we should be able to afford a better data management system than excel

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Better pricing, better reviews on the tracking

Response from TaxDome

Hello, Patrick. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear that TaxDome's due date tracking has been helpful for your team. We understand the importance of staying on top of deadlines, especially when dealing with fiscal year ends.
Regarding the learning curve, If you ever need assistance or have specific questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team. We're here to help make your experience as smooth as possible. Have a great day!

Jennifer

highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/10/2023

TaxDome is great we love the client portal feature along with the clients being able to sign things online without having to exit the client portal and sending the documents through another service. We also love that we can bill our clients using TaxDome.

Pros

It is user friendly and everything we need is all in one.

Cons

We are excited to try out the SMS feature that is in the works.

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The features we are looking for are all in one.

Adobe Acrobat

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

How user friendly it was

Response from TaxDome

Hello, Jennifer, thanks a lot for the awesome feedback! We're thrilled that you're loving the client portal, e-signing, and billing features—all in one place. It means a lot to us!
As for the SMS feature, we're just as excited as you are! We can't wait to hear about your experience once it's ready. If there's anything else you'd like to share or any way we can make your TaxDome experience even better, feel free to let us know. Wishing you a great day!

Colleen

Excellent onboarding

Reviewed on 8/11/2023

Amazing onboarding, user experience is top notch, tons of customizable features, great price

Pros

That is is so many products in one and is clearly staying up to date with new features

Cons

That there's so much to learn and tinker with, I'm not sure I'll be able to roll out complete pipelines and task automations before I start transitioning clients to the new platform

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Cost, TD had more features, proposals, billing

Response from TaxDome

Hello Colleen,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are thrilled to hear that you appreciate our many features. We aim to provide the most comprehensive and up-to-date solution for your tax practice, and we value your feedback. We are glad that you found our system useful and effective for your business.

We also understand your concern about the learning curve and the time required to set up and customize our system. We know that it can be overwhelming to learn at the beginning. We want to assure you that we are here to help you and guide you along the way.

We offer free and unlimited chat and email support, screen-sharing sessions, and a knowledge database with plenty of help articles and tutorials. You can also find us on Youtube and Facebook, and you can check out our TaxDome Academy.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Susan
  • Industry: Accounting

Best ease of use and value!

Reviewed on 3/10/2023

Overall experience is fabulous!

Overall experience is fabulous!

Pros

I like the ease of use for my clients and the templates that are already available.

Cons

It takes some getting use to and there seems to be a lot of things to do to get to where you need to be within the software.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Canopy was very expensive and customer service was horrible!

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Customer service and help was exceptional!

Response from TaxDome

Hello Susan, thank you for the feedback – it means a lot to us! It's awesome to hear your clients are pleased with their TaxDome portal, and that you found the templates helpful. We understand it takes a bit to get used to the workflow, but we're always here to help. Don't hesitate to reach out! Wishing you a fantastic day!

Luis

Awesome

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

I have found a substantial decrease in time processing and managing the clients' tax returns

Pros

The most that I like is that all tools that I need to effectively manage my tax practice in on a single site

Cons

I have no concerns about the product, except for the fact that it doesn't allow to get independent signatures from married couples filing jointly

Response from TaxDome

Thanks, Luis!
I'd like to inform you that we've released the ability to add multiple signers, so now you can get independent signatures from couples. For more information, please refer to our help: https://help.taxdome.com/article/72-getting-signatures-for-your-documents#6

Jamie
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Trial to subscribe

Reviewed on 2/9/2020

I watched the pre-recorded demo, attended the live demo - which was so great to be able to speak with voice (vs chat is an option) live with humans at the end of the demo! So helpful! Then speaking to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in tech support when I had more questions throughout the trial, especially questions that weren't answered on the site. I just subscribed and took advantage of the option to review for an additional free month to my account. At first I was hesitant about the cost, but once I realized all that was included and the money I won't need to spend next year (secure portal elsewhere), and to have the website hosting included - that brings the costs to very reasonable!! I'm hoping that doesn't change drastically once I'm all set up!

Pros

I really like that this seems to be an all-in-one product! I looked at many firm management products and TaxDome seems to have everything I was looking for plus several additional options that I never expected to be taken care of by a firm management software. Such as the website - I don't need a complex site right now. I'm super excited for this next tax season to have the portal and all client aspects in one spot! The KBA e-signature authorization is perfect too!

Cons

There is a pause when moving between screens. That gets frustrating. But I'm noticing that with more cloud-based software (QBO, Gusto). Some tasks seem cumbersome - there could be short cuts on the current screen to go back to enter another of the same, such as manual time entry. Once one is entered, to go back to enter more takes MANY clicks and screen waits.

Zoho One, Dubsado, 17hats and Ignition

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I have been searching for over a year and tried to start with Pascal Workflow (the field above would not let me add Pascal as an answer) but had trouble with my email account linking. I am having issues with that here but I'm learning it may be how my Microsoft 365 accounts are set up. I'll be checking with an IT company on that. I've also been wanting to set up a basic website for a few years now and have not taken the time or wanted to spend the thousands of dollars plus hosting. Having it here is a HUGE bonus!

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Everything I was looking for PLUS MORE - is included in TaxDome! I really like the daily live demo, that was huge. Plus, so far, customer service has been responsive and wonderful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been super helpful and pleasant to work with! I am hoping the changes/updates coming really add better functionality in the software. I'm really hoping the experience with TaxDome only grows in the upward and positive direction for years to come!

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Jamie! Your feedback is valuable to us. To request new features, https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board

NANCY
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Exactly what I've been looking for

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

I am going to save SO MUCH TIME. TaxDome has centralized all that I do. Before TaxDome I needed my portal, DocuSign, Google Forms, Excel, Word, Notepad, etc. The amount of time I spent just in the administrative side was crushing. The process of getting an 8879 uploaded to the portal, off to the client for secure signature and back took 45 minutes to an hour. Now it's 5 minutes or less. I've gone from having so many different windows and apps open to needing only TaxDome and my tax prep software. What a relief!

Pros

It seems to be written by people who actually know how an accounting firm works. User documentation is fantastic as are the numerous tutorials. I was easily able to answer most of my questions and get instructions on how to do what I needed without needing to contact a live person. In fact, I was able to get set up and operational without any help from support. The interface is very intuitive.

Cons

In the beginning, TaxDome is a little overwhelming. I'm still getting used to the product terminology regarding clients and engagement letters which they label contacts and contracts. Those two words looks so much alike that it caused me a bit of confusion sometimes.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback!

Patricia
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great but ready for improvements.

Reviewed on 10/6/2021

My overall experience has been awesome. Even with my concerns the support and resources have been useful. I love the Facebook group and the responsiveness from all the representatives. I liked being able to just start working on my file and every time I started to feel overwhelmed, I just asked for help and it was there. That's invaluable and hard to explain until you start to experience it. That's exactly what I want to show my clients. If you are overwhelmed by taxes, let me help. I guide you through the process.

Pros

Customer support, online videos, and all the resources. I'm a jump-in and get started. I don't want to schedule a demo, I don't want to talk to anyone I just want to get my feet wet. I can quickly determine if I'm going to like something or not. I always learn by playing around with things. I LOVE how I could sign up and then start asking questions and scheduling help once I learned my way around the software.

Automation of workflow. My reason for actually purchasing the software is the automation. I want to save time (eventually) with setting up my system to keep my clients informed every step of the way.

I also love that I can quickly look at my clients and send emails based on where they are in the completion of their projects. I also find the auto-reminders for clients to do something incredibly useful.

Cons

I don't like the projects. My biggest worry is I'm going to miss a project for a client. That just can't happen. The pipeline is taking me time to get used to and I'm trying to remember the point of it. I do think once I get it down it will be VERY helpful. I'm more concerned that I do the same work every year or month or quarter. I just want a way to easily know that every client will at least get on my to-do list with the jobs I need to complete for them.

Financial Cents, Canopy, Jetpack Workflow, ClickUp and Asana

Price for features.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Price, signature requests, reviews from customers, and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your feedback. This helps us a lot. We have recently released recurring jobs so you no longer have to remind yourself to add jobs for clients as they'll automatically be added for you: https://help.taxdome.com/article/290-adding-recurring-jobs

Will
  • Industry: Accounting

Great customer service and great development team with Taxdome

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

It's been easy to onboard our users and we've enjoyed our experiences so far.

It's been easy to onboard our users and we've enjoyed our experiences so far.

Pros

Your development team and customer support has been great to work with. Where the company is notably still developing, the support team is incredibly receptive to feedback and really supportive in onboarding and migrating users. Some of the best support I've seen.

Additionally the document management system, attaching invoices to documents and the client portal shows signs that your teams have been able to capture many of the industries pain points. It gives me faith in your development team that you all will be able to continue to build out great features.

Cons

The UI is clunky. There are other ways to structure the platform to be more functional that I think would be generally more efficient and there are some errors that could be worked through with a few UI specialists. I'd reach out to some of your younger practice users/technology driven ones and doing some video sessions having them do a walkthrough of their working day and have them talk about some of the UI problems.

The user permissions are tough I appreciate that they can be toggled but The direct message feature should be able to be toggled as well.

I'd also love a direct payroll provider integration such as ADP. Because you all are doing full practice management with a time tracking feature. A great function would be to build out a payroll integration so that firm owners could easily run payroll for their employees.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you so much for the nice feedback, Will! We highly appreciate it. We aim to continuously improve our product. We have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Tyler

Great Overall All-In-One Software But Client Communication Needs Improvement

Reviewed on 8/7/2022

One other thing that can be cleaned up is the Academy. Just having a list of a hundred videos is difficult to find what I am looking for. If this was organized better, I may learn better ways to utilize TD.

Pros

I like the security and the portal the most. It is one of the most important needs. The workflows can be made as complex or as simple as I would like and they make work more efficient.

Cons

I would like the ability to edit documents directly in the TD environment. The messaging feature is severely lacking. It would be nice if there was a main messaging page in the left panel. It would bring up a list of all messages, instead of having to go to the client then to their messages. As we do more than just taxes, and we offer bookkeeping services, it would be nice if we could link QBO to TD in a way that when the account Uncategorized Expenses in QBO, TD would send a chat out asking what the transaction was for. The would be able to select from the list of accounts currently in QBO.

Karbon and Ignition

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax partner had already purchased this when we formed our company, so we decided to stay with it.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Tyler. We appreciate the ideas you shared with us.

Documents can be edited with our PDF editor, or if you open up a document on the TaxDome drive and make changes, it will be saved to TaxDome as well.

As for your other ideas, I would like to refer you to our a Feature Request Board, which is available to our paying subscribers. Firms can submit feature requests and upvote existing ones. The requests with the most votes get prioritized.

We would like to inform that we are constantly working on the improvement of our features and software.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with anything. We will be happy to assist you.

Austin

Great features, great price

Reviewed on 6/8/2022

The interface is a little confusing for me, but I think that will not be the case when I have everything up and running the way I want.

I also think if you get permissions set up right for your staff, their interface would be simpler

Pros

Before I got licensed, I was using Canopy. When I rebranded my business, I decided to rebuild my tech stack from the ground up.

TaxDome comes in at about 1/3 of the price of Canopy for me (I didn't even have all their features), and it has more functionality. The workflow interface is a Kanban-style board that lets you visualize where products are, and I find it much easier to review that Canopy, where they are just all lumped together as "tasks".

Cons

TaxDome takes a LONG time to get setup . . . but that's because there are so many great features, and it is to your advantage to use them all together. Be prepared to invest significant time crafting your templates, building your organizers, and planning your workflows ("pipelines" in TaxDome).

However, if you do take the time to set these up (there is an online course that walks you through it, and they offer a video-conference onboarding session) I think you'll be thrilled with the results.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Austin, your feedback is valuable to us. Feel free to reach out to us through chat, email or book a screen share session by clicking the ''Blue Help Icon (?) > 1:1 Training'' on the upper right corner of your TaxDome Portal. Support is free and unlimited.

Marc
  • Industry: Accounting

TaxDome has revolutionized our project & client management giving our clients a single app to...

Reviewed on 17/1/2023

Pros

I love that there are both client and firm facing apps. In addition, after using other software, the ability to direct message a client inside the software keeps it encrypted and confidential. Also after much trial of other software, TaxDome allows us to give a client a open item list of to-do's and track the deliverables as they are completed without having to constantly update the request and keep manually tracking what is neededed.

Cons

We are waiting for the ability to autopay the recurring invoices. Additionally, we would like to be able to customize an existing pipeline template per client, without creating multiple template copies, which is currently on the roadmap which we are excited about!

Liscio and Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Canopy did not have a direct message feature to speak to clients without "requesting" data. Further, the messaging happened outside the software in the native text app on the phone creating the opportunity for sensitive data to leak. Additionally, there was no easy way to create an open items list and track it. Finally, and most importantly, we were looking for a one stop app that also allowed us to customize the organizer.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

1) Direct messaging in app, 2) Checklist of open items sent to client to easily track deliverables, 3) customizable organizers

Response from TaxDome

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your kind review !
We're thrilled that you appreciate both client and firm facing apps! You can rest assured knowing your confidential information is secure with direct messaging capabilities inside TaxDome. Plus, you have access to an open item list of tasks which allows you to track deliverables without having to constantly update requests or manually tracking what is needed - something other software often falls short on!

At TaxDome, we are always looking for ways to improve our services and provide the best experience possible to our clients. We take our customers feedback seriously and strive to meet their needs by continuing to develop new features that make your practice management easier.

We understand your desire for autopayment options when it comes to recurring invoices, so we're happy to announce this feature is currently in development and will be released soon! Additionally, we just released an improved version of the pipeline settings interface to make managing multiple clients in less pipelines even more efficient than ever before.

The satisfaction of our customers remains a top priority, and we look forward to continuing working towards providing the best service possible while meeting all of your needs along the way!

Andrea

Tax Dome new user

Reviewed on 2/6/2023

My husband was floored when he received a call the other evening from someone who noticed that we had converted our trial to a membership and they just wanted to check in and see if we had any questions or needed assistance with the import from our current CRM. The customer service so far has been fantastic.

Pros

We are brand new, just converted from our trial. I have loved all of the videos they have available along with the videos they update regularly. I also love the support on FB. There are a ton of resources out there to help you make sure this is right for your firm prior to you making the jump.

Cons

It is a lot more expensive than what we are currently using, and I wish there was a discount for having so many employees on it. I feel like for small firms this is very affordable but for a firm our size (15 employees) it becomes quite costly. We are able to cancel some other things we are paying for, but it was still a big bite to chew on to move forward.

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

There was not enough automation in atom- too much of a risk of error if someone forgot to check a box, and too much time for administrative stuff and "clicks".

Atom

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

We loved the automation that was included and all of the support that is available
Cindy

All-in-One Solution for Tax & Accounting work

Reviewed on 26/5/2021

I've known exactly what I've wanted from a software solution for several years and had resorted to piecing together multiple apps with Zaps to try and automate where I could. But it was still frustrating until TD came along. You just "get it" and while it's not perfect yet, I can see a real dedication to continuous improvement and I love that. I have now been able to eliminate so many other apps I was using for eSignature, client portal, doc sharing, mass emailing, client data management, etc.

Pros

The workflow automation is a game changer. No more endless writing the same message over and over to clients. The software tells us when a client has finished their tasks and they are ready for us to work on their job.

Cons

Navigation is a little cumbersome -- too many clicks required. It's not exactly intuitive to the user yet. I would like to see more high level statistics with the ability to drill into details, rather than a lot of detail all on one page.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Cindy, that you for your feedback, we appreciate it. TaxDome always strives to be better and we are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. What really sets us apart is we are not a marketing company, we are led by product to create the best products we can for you and your team. You can chat with us or email us ([email protected]) about your questions regarding navigation, just let us know.

Shabbir
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Mostly great platform that has a lot to offer

Reviewed on 4/2/2022

Overall, I've had a great experience so far (though it's only been a couple weeks). However, a few frustrating roadblocks have soured things a little. Without a doubt, the platform solves far more problems than it creates or misses the mark on. I think that by next season, with automations properly set up and some procedures fine-tuned based on my experiences this year, it will be a much smoother process, especially after discovering workarounds for the things that TaxDome cannot do as one would expect.

Pros

The integrated and customizable organizers are pretty great. The logic aspect of them means you can make one master organizer to handle all 1040s instead of having to create different ones for different people or new clients vs existing ones. Within this master organizer, only the relevant questions show based on your clients' answers, so they aren't bombarded with 200 questions irrelevant to their tax situations. The automations also have the potential to save a lot of time and take care of client communication that you wouldn't normally do (eg. status updates) but make the client feel more engaged and seen.

Cons

The file uploader on the website is frustrating for clients to use. You should be able to choose the folder you want to upload files into instead of them all going to the root directory automatically. If someone is an above-average computer user, they'll be fine figuring out the extra steps to upload files then select and move them to the correct place, but I'd expect TaxDome to have made this more user-friendly with the goal of the platform being simplicity. It would also be nice to be able to change things like an organizer after it has been deployed to clients, but that cannot be done. If you send another organizer to cover the things missed, it sends another notification and email to the clients. In my experience, if you bombard anyone with multiple emails or notifications, they will inevitably block or ignore them, which then detracts heavily from the system.

Canopy Software, Liscio and Karbon

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Shabbir. Your feedback is valuable to us.
The clients can actually upload files to any folder with clients can view and edit privacy level. To do so, they will just have to drag and drop the document from their computer to the folder in TaxDome. However, using the Upload document button will allow them just to upload the documents to the Client's Uploaded Documents folder.

There is a request on our Feature Request Board for this, and also for the organizer.
Please take a look here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need
For the email notification, you can turn them off as well.

Erica L
Erica L
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best Bang For Your Buck

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

So far, this has been a great investment. The pricing for what you get is very doable, and the fact that I don't have to keep up with a million things anymore is definitely worth the price tag of the software!

Pros

It has all of the management tools you need to keep up with not only your tax clients but also your bookkeeping clients in one place. Before, I was using multiple systems and tools for each, but now I can pretty much use just TaxDome. It has all of the features, including messaging, a client portal, emails, and tasks, and automates just about all of it. You can get very detailed in all of the things you need to do within your practice all inside this software.

Cons

The setup process is very time-consuming, and getting the workflow automations into the system is a bit challenging. Also, clients have to sign up for an account which means that there is another username and password they must remember, which can also be challenging.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, Erica. We truly appreciate it.

We are happy to hear that TaxDome replaced a bunch of other applications. This is one of our main aims - to have everything in one place and be able to use only TaxDome along with your tax preparation software.

As you already mentioned, since TaxDome is an all-in-one software with many features, it may be a bit overwhelming at the beginning. We are happy to hear that you like our customer support team since we give our best to help our subscribers and make the learning process as easy and fast as possible.
We have free and unlimited support, and we highly recommend scheduling at least one session so that our representatives can walk you through, and assist with the setup. We also have a lot of learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome Youtube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.

As for the clients, they can download the mobile app to their phones, and they can do all the necessary things from there as well. They would have to set up a 4-digit code and can log in without typing in the credentials every time.

If there is anything that you need assistance with, please let us know - we are always just a click away.

Katherine

Worth it!

Reviewed on 24/4/2023

Spent several months setting up various items to get started prior to tax season. But as with any new program, you don't know what you don't know. So the first year was a little trial and error before we were able to determine what worked for us and what didn't. That's the beauty of the program, you're able to customize it to fit your needs.

Pros

Love all the features, from bulk emails to workflow. My favorite are the pipelines. I'm able to set up multiple pipelines for projects such as LBD tax returns, Sales Tax Returns, Annual repeating pipelines for business tax, annual report, etc. Tagging the client as an individual or tagging the company, either way you are able to add all jobs to a pipeline without thinking, keeping a list or worry about missing anyone. I love the fact that TaxDome is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the users.

Cons

The user settings. Need the ability to restrict settings per user. Currently it is all of one or none of any. If you don't want a user to be able to delete an invoice and you restrict invoicing, they are not only restricted from deleting and invoice, they are restricted from viewing, or creating an invoice.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Katherine,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your kind feedback. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer.

One of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner of your portal, and selecting Feature Requests.

Adawn
  • Industry: Accounting

Guiding clients to upload needed documents in the right places before staff start working

Reviewed on 27/6/2023

We are cutting the time we spend on obtaining client documents and signatures significantly.

Pros

The flexibility of the portal is outstanding compared to other solutions we reviewed. Especailly for our tax resolution clients which make up over 89% of our client base. When we have a client that has not filed taxes in multiple prior years TaxDome makes requesting, obtaining and organizing this data automatic through the use of customized organizers with document requests embedded that link to the specific folder we need that document loaded to. Priceless!! Cuts that time we are paying team members to chase clients for data down by more than half!

Cons

I do wish that for the price Tax Dome was able to not only download tax transcripts but also provide the analysis and reporting that Tax Help Software provides. If they could do that we would be over the moon!

Response from TaxDome

Hello Adawn,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request.

Mycah

You won't regret TaxDome

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

TaxDome was very time intensive to implement. Because it can be so customizable to your business needs, it takes a lot of work on the front end to develop and design your processes within TaxDome. But once we got through the initial setup and got to start using all the tools in our daily work, we loved it and couldn't work without it now! Their support team is always responsive and helpful, and they are constantly making improvements and adding new features to the software. Overall, we are very pleased we chose TaxDome and are excited to keep building our own company with it.

Pros

TaxDome has increased efficiencies in every area of our business. Now clients have a central hub to communicate and interact with our firm. Everyone on our team is always in the loop about what is going on. Information about clients is organized. Teams and team members have due dates and can be held accountable for projects. We now have standard operating procedures that can be followed by all. There are so many tools and features within TaxDome that make it easily customizable for your specific business needs.

Cons

There have been some tools that have more limited functionality than I was expecting. However, we've been using TaxDome for over a year and their team works hard to keep updating the software and provide improvements constantly. So some of the things that had more limited functionality when we started are now much more helpful thanks to the improvements that are always being made.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Mycah,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are glad to hear that TaxDome has increased efficiencies and that your clients now have a central hub to communicate and interact with your firm. We are happy that you appreciate our tools and features that make our system easily customizable for your specific business needs.

We want to assure you that we are constantly working to improve our system and provide more functionality and flexibility for our users. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.