UZIO

Payroll, HR software for businesses, ASOs, and PEOs

4.4 /5 (66 reviews) Write a Review!

Robert B.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

DID NOT MAKE FULL DISCLOSURE AT TIME OF PRESENTATION

Reviewed on 28/5/2020

FINALLY, UZIO CONFIRMED THAT THEY COULDN'T PROVIDE THE BENEFIT COSTS AND EXPLANATION OF THE LTD, BASIC AND VOLUNTARY LIFE. THEY THOUGHT THEY COULD HAVE THESE BENEFITS AVAILABLE IN SEPTEMBER WHICH IS WHAT WE TOLD THE CLIENT BUT NOW THEY HAVE CONFIRMED THAT IT WONT BE AVAILABLE THEN EITHER.
AS I WORKED WITH UZIO AND THE STAFF OF THE GENERAL AGENCY, I CAN SAY I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED IN UZIO'S LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY MADE YOU FELL LIKE THEY ARE THE CUSTOMER NOT US. I'VE BEEN AN INSURANCE BROKER FOR OVER 53 YEARS AND THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT ONE OF THE WORSE VENDORS I'VE EVER WORKED WITH. I'VE TOLD THE GENERAL AGENT THAT I WILL NOT USE THEM WITH ANY MORE OF MY CLIENTS.

Pros

WHAT THE SOFTWARE WAS PROGRAMMED TO DO WAS OK BUT THE PRESENTATION TO THE CLIENT WAS THAT UZIO COULD COMMUNICATES ALL OF THE EMPLOYERS BENEFITS TO THERE EMPLOYEES.
UZIO SHOULD OF FIRST REVIEWED ALL OF THE BENEFITS THE EMPLOYERS WAS OFFERING TO THERE EMPLOYEES BEFORE THE PRESENTATION. IT WOULD OF SAVED A LOT OF EMBARRASSMENT.

Cons

THE SOFTWARE IS WELL SHORT OF BEING ABLE TO COMMUNICATE EMPLOYER BENEFITS TO EMPLOYEES. THIS EMPLOYER OFFERED SEVERAL MEDICAL PLAN OPTIONS, DENTAL, VISION, LTD , BASIC LIFE ALL 100% EMPLOYER PAID PLUS EMPLOYEE AND SPOUSAL VOLUNTARY LIFE. THE SOFTWARE WAS NOT CAPABLE OF SHOWING THE LTD, BASIC AND VOLUNTARY LIFE. I ALSO FOUND THAT THE STAFF WAS NOT FAMILIAR WITH READING AND UNDERSTANDING INSURANCE CONTRACTS. TO MUCH TIME WAS WASTED IN CORRECTING AND EXPLAINING THERE INPUT.

Response from UZIO

We appreciate your inputs, and learned your case in detail, and found that we were requested to upload data of the past 2 years which was not in the same format so it was supposed to be done manually. We had to reload group data 5 plus times due to inconsistent information received from the GA. Our customer success team really tried hard to accommodate the requirements but a few were out of the scope as we discussed initially over the call.

We would love to work with you in future as our offerings would grow. For any further assistance, please reach out to [email protected]

Phyllis Y.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Uzio Feedback

Reviewed on 3/6/2020

Overall we have had a positive experience with our transition to Uzion. I will admit it was frustrating at first due to the transition being done right before open enrollment, which caused delays and benefit elections to be entered incorrectly, resulting in multiple corrections after the fact.

Pros

As the Administrator, I am able to log in and act on behalf of the employee. This allows me to assist those employees who may not have access as needed and/or technical skills to navigate the process.
I also like the reporting functions, to be able to run reports for employee benefits; to ensure benefit elections match provider billing statements.

Cons

The availability for the administrator to have access to the benefit coverage documents that can only be seen under the employee tab and their individual elected benefits.

Matthew V.

Wonderful enrollment software

Reviewed on 2/1/2020

Pros

The features, ease of use, customer service, and pricing were the reasons I chose this software over some of the more established companies in this field.

Cons

As a newer company, there were/are some growing pains, but home office support has been exceptional through this.

Amanda J.

UZIO Review

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

UZIO has been great for our smaller groups without a benefits or payroll platform. They way we are established with UZIO, it is a starter system.

Pros

Ease of use on the end user side is great. Auto communication for benefits enrollment is awesome.

Cons

No file feeds with the exception of Discovery Benefits. There is no ADHOC reporting. Proposal set-up can be tedious. Benefit set-up for Disability plans is limited.

Response from UZIO

Thanks for the feedback, specifically regarding reports, which we will look to address in a future product release. Additionally, we are always happy to work with the broker to make introductions to your carrier contacts and help you get EDI files established for your book of business.

Wafaa A.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Recommendations

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

It's user-friendly but still need more advanced features when it comes to generating reports and filtering employees

Pros

I recommend more granulated reports that allow for inactive employees to be removed from the report.

Cons

reports and filters are not granulate enough to help with the plan

Response from UZIO

Thanks for the feedback, specifically regarding reports, we keep adding features to our platform on a regular interval.
Feel free to connect with your account manager to know more about this. Looking forward to work with you for longer.

Kyle K.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Open Enrollment for Benefits

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

Pros

I really like how easy the software was to use.

Cons

The only thing i didn't like was how quickly it would log you out after a short period of no activity on the site.

Maddie K.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy!

Reviewed on 15/5/2020

Pros

Very easy to use and straightforward. Took less than 10 minutes to enroll and select my benefits.

Cons

I have not had any negative experiences with this software

Cherie R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Love all the Features in one Place

Reviewed on 12/6/2020

We are using this for our Benefit Platform for employees to go in and control their own accounts for open enrollment.

Pros

The software offers almost everything in one place!

Cons

I have not used Uzio long enough to really find what I do not like about the product.

Mohammad N.
  • Industry: Utilities

Uzio is perfect

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

My overall experience with Uzio was easier than I thought it could be. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] help me set it up quickly and start using it right away.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate and simple to set up

Cons

There is nothing special that I like the least.

Ethan N.

AMAZING HR SYSTEM!!!

Reviewed on 8/2/2021

UZIO has awesome customer service, their program is easy to use, and I have no complaints about anything.

Pros

I love how easy the user interface is for UZIO. I like how I can find anything of importance document wise with ease. I love how much easier it is to use this compared to other programs we have used in the past. I have heard from our boss how much better the pricing is as well.

Cons

I don't have any significant problems with UZIO or the software.

Rhonda S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Giving feedback

Reviewed on 28/5/2020

Healthcare policy and management of the policy.

Pros

Updating our employees information & job status is very easy and quick, the entire website is very easy to navigate. Updated are immediate which I appreciate.

Cons

I haven't come up against any issues or problems that would motivate me to make any requested improvements to the site.

Chase C.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Ok software - doesn’t work well with cell phones

Reviewed on 1/9/2020

Ok I guess

Pros

It works I guess. Don’t use it but maybe once or twice a year.

Cons

Doesn’t flow, not easy to work with on mobile phone

Gwen H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Semi useful product

Reviewed on 15/9/2020

Pros

Product easy of access allows employees to see enrolled benefits

Cons

Product is not very functional you can not use it for any other reason besides viewing the name of the enrolled benefits

Response from UZIO

Dear user! Our records indicate that you are using the UZIO BenAdmin software via one of our Broker partners to enroll in company benefits. This system allows your broker to easily enroll you in your benefits in an all-digital manner and get those enrollments over to the carrier partners. Also, you can manage any changes to your enrollments throughout the year in the event that a New Hire comes on board, or you have a Life Status Change. We request you work with your Broker to understand the full life cycle of what this system can be used for, including add-ons related to HR and Payroll functionality. Or contact your account manager to set up everything. Looking forward to a longer partnership!

Tammy G.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Uzio

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

Very easy to use and understand.

Pros

Ability to View all benefits in one spot

Cons

Haven't found anything I do not like about thie software

Alexandra B.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Reseller

Reviewed on 28/5/2020

Hard to say. We were planning to use Uzio for marketing and events but all of that was put off due to COVID-19.

Pros

It is extremely flexible and way more robust than other platforms we looked at.

Cons

Not sure yet, we haven't had a chance to really use it.

Shawn H.

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Positive

Pros

User friendly for clients.

User friendly for staff.

Cons

Lacks robust decision support.

File feeds are lacking.

Elaine C.

Uzio is a great tool

Reviewed on 8/6/2020

Pros

I like that the tool is very easy to use for benefits on boarding. Many of my co-workers have told me how much they love the open enrollment process.

Cons

It took some time to figure out how to change/update someone's information. I had to reach out to my Uzio contact. The pencil at the top of the page wasn't obvious.

Jennifer W.
  • Industry: Human Resources

User Friendly Software

Reviewed on 11/5/2020

We have had an amazing relationship with Uzio and their support team from the day we started working with them. Any time there is a question, support is extremely helpful in getting it resolved in a timely manner.

Pros

The portal is very user friendly and easy to maneuver. I like the ability to be able to act on behalf of our employees .

Cons

I would not say I dislike anything about the product, as the support team is always eager to make the system work to the best of their ability to meet our clients' needs.

Eric S.
  • Industry: Furniture

Great Product

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

Overall the product is great. It's easy to navigate and very user friendly. Support has been very responsive when I have needed assistance. It has majorly assisted in streamlining our processes.

Pros

The fact that all on-boarding is online with this product virtually eliminating the need for paper file containing employee sensitive documents.

Cons

I wish it had the capability to do Employee Performance Reviews.

Response from UZIO

Thanks for the positive feedback. We are glad your company had a streamlined onboarding experience thanks to our software! Our product roadmap is always in development, and we will reach out to you if performance management is planned in a future product release.

Michelle H.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Keeps my payroll up to date

Reviewed on 28/5/2020

Helps keep payroll deductions balanced

Pros

like that I can go in anytime to see what deductions are being withheld from my employees, make changes and terminate coverage. Helps keep my payroll deductions balanced.

Cons

My only issue is that it doesn't sync in the other software that I use

Robin S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Trial

NA -Trial only

Pros

Integrating multiple platforms
Included digital services.

Cons

Not familiar enough to review on negative aspects.

Response from UZIO

Hey Robin, its been a while you have used UZIO platform, and as per our records we see you haven't used the system since an year.
Since then UZIO has made many additions to the platform, including a fully integrated payroll suite. We would request you to take a fresh demo of our all-in-one platform to see if it aligns with your needs. Happy to connect again!

Joshua P.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

My Uzio review Josh Price

Reviewed on 2/3/2021

I have all positive experience with UZIO, I have no complaints.

Pros

I like the easy access, it is very easy to use.

Cons

no complaints, I think all of the features are very good.

Stephanie G.
  • Industry: Veterinary
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

UZIO 2019

Reviewed on 10/1/2020

its multi functional which helps but time saving

Pros

Over all ease of access and function. I like that I can see and verify the completion of renewals and policies.

Cons

sometimes I feel that I have to do some digging to get the information I am looking for, such as specific documents.

Katie B.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Uzio is very Helpful

Reviewed on 29/5/2020

Pros

I like that the platform emails the new hires itself regularly until they make their elections. Takes the pressure off me to remember to follow up.

Cons

The initial set up of the system was rather chaotic.

Erin D.
  • Industry: Accounting

Helps me stay organized

Reviewed on 28/5/2020

We use UZIO to track health benefits. It's an important part to keeping our records up to date and organized.

Pros

UZIO is a great tool that helps me stay organized with my clients.

Cons

The software works fine for what we need it for.