UZIO

Human resource (HR) software for businesses, ASOs, and PEOs

4.3 /5 (56 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
Jennifer W.
Industry: Human Resources

User Friendly Software

Reviewed on 11/5/2020

We have had an amazing relationship with Uzio and their support team from the day we started working with them. Any time there is a question, support is extremely helpful in getting it resolved in a timely manner.

Pros

The portal is very user friendly and easy to maneuver. I like the ability to be able to act on behalf of our employees .

Cons

I would not say I dislike anything about the product, as the support team is always eager to make the system work to the best of their ability to meet our clients' needs.

Shawn H.

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Positive

Pros

User friendly for clients.

User friendly for staff.

Cons

Lacks robust decision support.

File feeds are lacking.

Eric S.
Industry: Furniture

Great Product

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

Overall the product is great. It's easy to navigate and very user friendly. Support has been very responsive when I have needed assistance. It has majorly assisted in streamlining our processes.

Pros

The fact that all on-boarding is online with this product virtually eliminating the need for paper file containing employee sensitive documents.

Cons

I wish it had the capability to do Employee Performance Reviews.

Response from UZIO

Thanks for the positive feedback. We are glad your company had a streamlined onboarding experience thanks to our software! Our product roadmap is always in development, and we will reach out to you if performance management is planned in a future product release.

Elaine C.
Industry: E-Learning

Uzio is a great tool

Reviewed on 8/6/2020

Pros

I like that the tool is very easy to use for benefits on boarding. Many of my co-workers have told me how much they love the open enrollment process.

Cons

It took some time to figure out how to change/update someone's information. I had to reach out to my Uzio contact. The pencil at the top of the page wasn't obvious.

Michelle H.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Keeps my payroll up to date

Reviewed on 28/5/2020

Helps keep payroll deductions balanced

Pros

like that I can go in anytime to see what deductions are being withheld from my employees, make changes and terminate coverage. Helps keep my payroll deductions balanced.

Cons

My only issue is that it doesn't sync in the other software that I use

Stephanie G.
Industry: Veterinary

UZIO 2019

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/1/2020

its multi functional which helps but time saving

Pros

Over all ease of access and function. I like that I can see and verify the completion of renewals and policies.

Cons

sometimes I feel that I have to do some digging to get the information I am looking for, such as specific documents.

Robin S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Trial

Used Other for Free Trial

NA -Trial only

Pros

Integrating multiple platforms
Included digital services.

Cons

Not familiar enough to review on negative aspects.

Katie B.

Uzio is very Helpful

Reviewed on 29/5/2020

Pros

I like that the platform emails the new hires itself regularly until they make their elections. Takes the pressure off me to remember to follow up.

Cons

The initial set up of the system was rather chaotic.

Erin D.
Industry: Accounting

Helps me stay organized

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 28/5/2020

We use UZIO to track health benefits. It's an important part to keeping our records up to date and organized.

Pros

UZIO is a great tool that helps me stay organized with my clients.

Cons

The software works fine for what we need it for.

Sandie M.
Industry: Construction

Awesome company

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Love it!

Pros

I love how user friendly it is, even my staff has no issues with using it, which is HUGE!

Cons

Absolutely nothing. We love everything about this system.

Danine B.

Not as easy as it looks

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

I am using the software to provide online enrollment for clients. I had lots of questions during the process of loading client information. The Uzio team was very responsive and helped me complete the project.

Pros

Once the information is loaded in the system, the employee experience is great.

Cons

It is not as intuitive as I expected. I am unable to customize menus. I needed lots of help setting up a client. Now that I have gone through the entire system it will get easier.

Response from UZIO

Thank you for your review, and glad to see that you feel more confident in using the system. Given the sheer amount of data requried to get an Open Enrollment operational for a client, we realize the setup process can take some time--which is why we align a dedicated service representative to load your data to the system. If you have any questions about the set up process, you can always reach out to your dedicated service representive.

Tirath S.
Industry: Financial Services

Amazing portal

Reviewed on 31/12/2020

Overall it has been wonderful

Pros

We were using highly paid software but when we saw the free trial of UZIO, we were amazed. All the required features were available at affordable pricing. Even the customer service is amazing. We just love it

Cons

Nothing till date. It has almost all the features a small business would require

Emily C.

Great Solution for SMBs

Reviewed on 4/6/2020

Uzio is the perfect solution for our smaller clients who are transitioning away from paper-based enrollments. The basic platform is clean and straightforward, and clients can take advantage of the premium modules as they become more comfortable with online benefit administration.

Pros

Uzio is intuitive and extremely easy to build for our clients. I really appreciate the level of control we have in maintaining the client portals; we can make changes and fix errors instantly instead of waiting days (or longer) for a service team to do it for us.

If their are issues we can't resolve on our own, our the Uzio team is extremely responsive and investigates things quickly. They are also very proactive about supporting our needs as brokers and asking for our perspective and input regarding future product enhancements.

Cons

We had difficulty with the payroll integration back when they partnered with Execupay (we have not tested the integration they've since developed in-house).

Response from UZIO

Thank you for the positive and encouraging feedback, and we are thrilled to hear how much the Uzio platform has assisted you to manage your benefits business!

As of 2020, Uzio Payroll is now developed in-house instead of relying on a third-party provider. As a result, our BenAdmin, HR and Payroll offerings are now fully integrated and in control by our team.

Kathi O.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great new product in a crowded space

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

My job has become more efficient from hiring to onboarding to offering benefits to our team. Enrollment period will be managed professionally and our employees now have a platform to log in and view their benefits, payroll, etc. They took our small business and made us look like a big corporation.

Pros

Integration was extremely easy, their team is amazing and responsive. Great features that encompass the full spectrum. A game changer for a small business looking to simplify and improve benefits to their team.

Cons

Features are still being built out - especially in Payroll. BUT I know when they are complete, it will be the easiest payroll product out there.

Daniel M.
Industry: Warehousing

Software

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 26/10/2020

A very good one

Pros

Very useful and clever
Very glad to use it

Cons

Nothing all the software is good and simple

Julie R.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great tool

Reviewed on 3/6/2020

Very good, great tools and easy to use.

Pros

Software is very easy to use even with no training.

Cons

I cannot think of anything in that regards as I am very satisfied with the software.

Kimberly H.

Great Product for HR Benefits Administration

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2/6/2020

I was very pleased and will recommend it to all of my clients as an great onboarding and ongoing HR tool.

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy on the eyes.

Cons

Too many features that a small company would not need.

Sandy O.

End User

Reviewed on 9/6/2020

It wasn't bad. I personally did not have a whole lot of time to utilize it the way it should have been used.

Pros

It was fairly easy to integrate new hires in to the system.

Cons

Did not use it often enough to have a least favorite.

Lori S.

Benefit Management

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2/6/2020

We unfortunately switched companies and policies so didn't get to use it long but its a good product.

Pros

training was provided for free; its a simple way to manage your benefits

Cons

Nothing, we used it for adding/ deleting insurance coverage's and terminations for employees, small groupl

Rj R.

Just another application

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2/6/2020

Just seems like any other system

Pros

It has a sleek look and they spent the time on good marketing.

Cons

Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything valuable.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Dustin S.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Very user-friendly software and interface.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 27/5/2020

It's been very pleasant and have had no problems accessing features of the site.

Pros

The ease of access, consolidating various benefits into one.

Cons

There are no features as of yet that I dislike.

Robert B.

DID NOT MAKE FULL DISCLOSURE AT TIME OF PRESENTATION

Reviewed on 28/5/2020

FINALLY, UZIO CONFIRMED THAT THEY COULDN'T PROVIDE THE BENEFIT COSTS AND EXPLANATION OF THE LTD, BASIC AND VOLUNTARY LIFE. THEY THOUGHT THEY COULD HAVE THESE BENEFITS AVAILABLE IN SEPTEMBER WHICH IS WHAT WE TOLD THE CLIENT BUT NOW THEY HAVE CONFIRMED THAT IT WONT BE AVAILABLE THEN EITHER.
AS I WORKED WITH UZIO AND THE STAFF OF THE GENERAL AGENCY, I CAN SAY I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED IN UZIO'S LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY MADE YOU FELL LIKE THEY ARE THE CUSTOMER NOT US. I'VE BEEN AN INSURANCE BROKER FOR OVER 53 YEARS AND THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT ONE OF THE WORSE VENDORS I'VE EVER WORKED WITH. I'VE TOLD THE GENERAL AGENT THAT I WILL NOT USE THEM WITH ANY MORE OF MY CLIENTS.

Pros

WHAT THE SOFTWARE WAS PROGRAMMED TO DO WAS OK BUT THE PRESENTATION TO THE CLIENT WAS THAT UZIO COULD COMMUNICATES ALL OF THE EMPLOYERS BENEFITS TO THERE EMPLOYEES.
UZIO SHOULD OF FIRST REVIEWED ALL OF THE BENEFITS THE EMPLOYERS WAS OFFERING TO THERE EMPLOYEES BEFORE THE PRESENTATION. IT WOULD OF SAVED A LOT OF EMBARRASSMENT.

Cons

THE SOFTWARE IS WELL SHORT OF BEING ABLE TO COMMUNICATE EMPLOYER BENEFITS TO EMPLOYEES. THIS EMPLOYER OFFERED SEVERAL MEDICAL PLAN OPTIONS, DENTAL, VISION, LTD , BASIC LIFE ALL 100% EMPLOYER PAID PLUS EMPLOYEE AND SPOUSAL VOLUNTARY LIFE. THE SOFTWARE WAS NOT CAPABLE OF SHOWING THE LTD, BASIC AND VOLUNTARY LIFE. I ALSO FOUND THAT THE STAFF WAS NOT FAMILIAR WITH READING AND UNDERSTANDING INSURANCE CONTRACTS. TO MUCH TIME WAS WASTED IN CORRECTING AND EXPLAINING THERE INPUT.

Response from UZIO

We appreciate your inputs, and learned your case in detail, and found that we were requested to upload data of the past 2 years which was not in the same format so it was supposed to be done manually. We had to reload group data 5 plus times due to inconsistent information received from the GA. Our customer success team really tried hard to accommodate the requirements but a few were out of the scope as we discussed initially over the call.

We would love to work with you in future as our offerings would grow. For any further assistance, please reach out to [email protected]

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Phyllis Y.

Uzio Feedback

Reviewed on 3/6/2020

Overall we have had a positive experience with our transition to Uzion. I will admit it was frustrating at first due to the transition being done right before open enrollment, which caused delays and benefit elections to be entered incorrectly, resulting in multiple corrections after the fact.

Pros

As the Administrator, I am able to log in and act on behalf of the employee. This allows me to assist those employees who may not have access as needed and/or technical skills to navigate the process.
I also like the reporting functions, to be able to run reports for employee benefits; to ensure benefit elections match provider billing statements.

Cons

The availability for the administrator to have access to the benefit coverage documents that can only be seen under the employee tab and their individual elected benefits.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Matthew V.

Wonderful enrollment software

Reviewed on 2/1/2020

Pros

The features, ease of use, customer service, and pricing were the reasons I chose this software over some of the more established companies in this field.

Cons

As a newer company, there were/are some growing pains, but home office support has been exceptional through this.

Amanda J.

UZIO Review

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

UZIO has been great for our smaller groups without a benefits or payroll platform. They way we are established with UZIO, it is a starter system.

Pros

Ease of use on the end user side is great. Auto communication for benefits enrollment is awesome.

Cons

No file feeds with the exception of Discovery Benefits. There is no ADHOC reporting. Proposal set-up can be tedious. Benefit set-up for Disability plans is limited.

Response from UZIO

Thanks for the feedback, specifically regarding reports, which we will look to address in a future product release. Additionally, we are always happy to work with the broker to make introductions to your carrier contacts and help you get EDI files established for your book of business.