Descript

Transcription management and video & audio editing software

5 /5 (4 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Jordan W.
  • Industry: Sports

Great tool for transcription

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

I really enjoyed the tool. Came for the transcription capability but now expanded some of our marketing due to the additional features.

Pros

Transcription tool is bonkers cool! What would take me 5 hours is done in 30 minutes.

Cons

Small learning curve. But easy afterwards.

Andrea B.

mind blowing functionality

Reviewed on 28/1/2021

Hands down the easiest video and text editor out there. features are mindblowing and makes editing fast and convenient. I recommend this for any video and podcasting editors.

Pros

love that the transcripts are very accurate
the product has so many features and i am learning new features everyday
love that i can eliminate 4-5 pieces of software
love that i can create audio grams
very easy for editing text and video

Cons

there are so many features, it does have a long learning curve with some of its functions
the demo videos are a little confusing and I had to watch them a few times to figure out how exactly to do certain things.

Harry R.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Transcribe whole videos with ease

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

When we record a very long video that we want transcribed, descript saves hours of work for us.

Pros

I love how easy it is once it is set up to create a project, drag a video in, and get an entire transcription for it without taking almost any time.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing with a steep learning curve initially. It took some time to get set up and used to.

Melissa K.

As easy as video editing gets, if you've never edited videos before, this is it

Reviewed on 12/2/2021

Unparalleled to anything I've ever use and in awe of how well it works every time I use it. Can't wait to see how this solution evolves.

Pros

There is absolutely nothing in this world that is easier to use than Descript. It has saved me HOURS of work compared to Camtasia (which is really complicated and hard to learn). You can cut parts out of the video by deleting words from a transcript that Descript automatically generates, and remove filler words (um, ah) with a single click. The final video is better than when I use Camtasia to cut things down to the millisecond. It's a genius piece of software and everyone should try it.

Cons

There are a lot of features I know I'm not utilizing enough.