Issuu

Content creation and distribution software for designers

4.7 /5 (106 reviews) Write a Review!

Crystal W.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Engaging and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Overall, I have been quite happy with Issuu.

Pros

Issuu offers a very simple, easy to use and easy to understand platform which is refreshing. I also appreciate the options to add extra content like articles/stories to increase engagement on different devices.

Cons

The only problem we have run into with Issuu is the limited update and replace options. Other programs we have used in the past offered the option to replace a single page in the total publication - rather then having to re-upload the entire publication. When we are putting together a 100+ page publication, having to re-upload and re-link the entire thing if we find an issue on a single page can be a bit frustrating.

Amanda E.

Perfect for Online Publishing

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

We publish our literary magazine once a year with a print version, and we use Issuu for the online version. I love the way it allows for full-screen viewing and simulates page flipping. We simply export our InDesign files as a pdf and upload to Issuu. It's also a great place to find other literary magazines for inspiration!

Cons

No complaints. It would be nice to have the ad-free version, but in education the budget is tight, so we really appreciate the free version with ads.

Jackie M.

Mills Publishing Sports

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

We are glad we can offer our clients a digital platform. Issuu has helped us move into this arena.

Pros

The ability to share the link with our colleagues, especially this year. So they are able to email, put on their fan page, or use a QR code for fans to check out the game day publication. Also the ability to get statics.

Cons

None that I can think of. We have been using this over 5+ years and have been successful using this platform.

Crystal E.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Product & easy to use

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

It has been great for our company. We upload photos of properties, with all the home info and the agents details so they can share on their socials.

Pros

I love that it's so easy to create an digital catalog to share on your social channels. I also like that it has some analytics, that is great to show your sellers.

Cons

I would like to be able to group my publications, by season, or year, or office. I would also li8ke to be able to create my own layout, add logos and text on pages, etc.

Christopher C.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Good choice for small publishers on an even smaller budget

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

We've been using the platform for years and are likely to continue to do so, absent better alternatives at no cost.

Pros

Issuu allows us to get a PDF of our print newspaper online at no cost to us.

Cons

The UI is not always easy or intuitive. Also, over the years, Issuu's attempts to monetize more of their business has led to taking away functionality that used to be free. That seems a violation of trust with their clients.

Jesus G.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ISSUU IS GREAT PRODUCT

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

It has been great. We started many year ago uploading our Activity Guide. I think we were actually one of the first few. After a few years we started to notice more and more cities uploading their guide on ISSUU. ITs been great.

Pros

The ease and use of the software. It is easy to upload, edit, markup...you name it. Its easy to understand.

Cons

Nothing really. Ive seen some great improvements and features over the years.

Jenn H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Issuu Review

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Perfect! Will refer others, and definitely use again!

Pros

The ability to share our Christmas Catalog online was the main purpose of using Issuu.

Cons

There wasn't anything that stood out to me as a negative :)

Jocelyn H.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Issuu Advocate

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

I have been using Issuu for a few years now and I have never been let down! Great service, especially for a nonprofit!

Pros

I love the ease of use in publishing content. The additional features to create documents into stories, gifs, etc. The analytics have also been so helpful!

Cons

I do not pay for the premium version, but I wish I had the extra features!

Patricia B.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

My Honest Thoughts on Issuu

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it is to upload my pdfs into Issuu. I have never had any problem regarding formating, uploading, etc. during my time using Issuu. Everything is set up in a simple way that is easy to understand.

Cons

I feel like the stories features is slightly confusing to use, but the idea of it has great potential! The design options are limited, but nonetheless, they are still nice.

Tim H.
  • Industry: Utilities

Issuu is easy for readers

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Issuu makes it simple to share content in a user-friendly way. The upload interface is very easy to access, intuitive, and quick. Setting up the account was very easy, too.

Pros

Issuu is incredibly easy to use, and the capabilities make it simple for users to access content.

Cons

I wish users could download the content into a PDF with the type of subscription our company purchased.

Abby A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

I desire to speak to a human

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

Overall my experience has been good. I hope it would get better once I have my questions answered.

Pros

Easy to navigate
Half off discount
Style is clean
I like to keep track of statistics

Cons

I need to talk to a human, I have questions but there is no way to do that.

I have questions about the number of impressions, it seems low to me and I would like to know how you configure that. Also, the number of shares is low but the publication has been shared a lot on social media. Does ISSUU take into account social media stats?

Anna K.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Love Issuu for showcasing my marketing materials!

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

Issuu has been so helpful in showcasing my marketing materials to potential and current clients. It is easy to use, access, and the layout of the platform is visually appealing.

Cons

Haven't had any issues with using Issuu.

David W.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Issuu is just what we needed

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

In the pandemic climate, digital media is king. We have found great engagement with our ISSUU publications across our website, social media, and email campaigns. ISSUU makes it easy to share our work with anyone and everyone. The price is just right and they truly deliver on what they offer and promise. Utilize this software in anyway you can.

Pros

We like the digital design and delivery aspects of ISSUU. It is simple and understated, but robust at the same time. The auto recognition of email addresses and web links is a big plus. AND, the fact that we can create stories for social media is a pretty nice advantage over other providers.

Cons

Sometimes the software could be easier to use. For instance, uploading single pages to replace former pages might be a nice addition. In our line of work, little things change all the time (available degrees, contact persons or numbers, etc). Being able to update those easier would be a game changer.

Allié M.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Why Just Read Content When You Can Experience It?

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

With Issuu, we were able to allow our audience to 'experience' content - not simply 'consume' it. The immersive and interactive interface gives us the ability to reach our audience in a way that resonates. We believe the very same content shared on a different platform would be a very different effect (a less impactful one). In need of a dynamic solution, as opposed to a static option, Issuu is the only platform we will use for our online magazine and resource guides.

Pros

With its ease of use and efficiency, I love the ability to repurpose and redistribute content with one asset across multiple channels. At the same time, it's entirely forgiving of human error with nearly realtime updates rendered for any and every edit.

Cons

Love to have customizable short links for the long URLS that are produced for the full screen experience. Also love to link visual stories to specific URLS. In addition, I'd love to be able to incorporate videos in article stories. :)

Theresa P.
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great product, but free gets you practically nothing

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

Interface is good. Everything is easy to navigate. Uploading publications is quick and easy. Detailed statistical breakdowns make it easy to see where content is being viewed and how often. If you're willing to pay for it, Issuu offers lot of features. I'm sure there are other Pros to Issue, but I will not be paying for an upgraded plan to discover them.

Cons

You keep taking away features from the free version. At this point, I'm just using Issuu for the online reader. It's very disappointing that I can't even embed a basic reader anymore. That was a great feature which I used on my portfolio sites, but I will not pay for it. For the minimal amount of time I use Issuu, I cannot rationalize spending a minimum of $19/month. Would be nice if you could re-arrange the publications you add to a Stack, instead of it organizing based on add date.

Michael N.
  • Industry: Entertainment

what do i think about issue

Reviewed on 25/12/2020

great

Pros

I got help right away when it came to dealing with issue, and the functions of it

Cons

If you in a rush you will not like it ,it assume

Daniel W.
  • Industry: Design

Great Product

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

Love being able to share PDFs and mimic the experience of a printed book. Great for my real estate clients when they want to share leasing brochures without the expense of printing and mailing a book.

Cons

I think if there's a way to add in video, a way to make the PDFs more interactive, that would be a game changer. Also sharing better on social media.

Amy S.

Great for Small Shops

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

I have had no problems and will continue using.

Pros

I like the ease of use and that the basic package is free. For a small shop, this is ideal because every dollar is stretched. Issuu gives us just what we need to stay competitive.

Cons

There's really nothing that I dislike. I do wish that there could be some sort of filters for where ads are placed. Sometimes ads and other publication suggestions that appear near my content is not appropriate for young viewers.

Karissa H.
  • Industry: Media Production

The Best Platform for Your Companies Material

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I like that it makes our content easy to find and it is stored all in one place. We have regular website but for those that just want to view the magazine, I send them to Issuu. They have made it so easy to keep our magazine available to all.

Pros

Issuu is extremely easy to use. I upload our new magazine each month in a matter of minutes. There are a ton of other things you can to do help your content be seen by more. You can even add links and videos to your content. I love everything about this platform and I am so glad I found them.

Cons

Issuu is constantly improving and working to make their platform better for everyone. I have not had any problems nor do I hold any complaints against them.

Shawn S.
  • Industry: Publishing

Issuu is an amazing Software tool for magazine publishers

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Despite the things that disappointed me, I have enjoyed my overall experience with using the software over the years.

Pros

I like Issuu’s easy to use features like file uploading, ease of distribution, it’s attractive presentation as a print magazine and its ease of use across multiple platforms like desktop and the mobile webb.

Cons

I have been using Issuu software since 2010 and I have to say that I was disappointed when the company changed some of the free features I enjoyed using over the years to paid features like url linking and full access to user statistics. I was the most disappointed about the introduction of sales as a paid feature.

Alison E.

Issue Should Change The Way Creators Can Monetize

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

The ability to reach a wide global audience.

Cons

Creators should be able to monetize and make money off of views like YouTube. The fact that you have to pay to use it once you get so many views is strange and is why I stopped using the platform.

Christian D.

Great Tool to have

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

I have a good experience with issuu is been a great tool to us in somos magazine.

Pros

Issuu is a great tool to have to extend our reach for viewers and customers, easy to share to your contacts on different platforms.

Cons

I don’t found anything to point, I think they doing good improvements.

Benjamin B.

Wonderful Product!

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Issuu is wonderful and has given us a great advantage in getting content out for use.

Pros

Issuu provides a great product to be able to make and distribute wonderfully expressive content and materials.

Cons

Issuu provides options and access to content that helps to improve the production and distribution of materials.

Chris B.

Great Product

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Being able to simply upload a pdf and have my publication display in a magazine format is amazing.

Pros

The ease of Issuu is the most important factor.

Cons

I absolutely found no cons with the software.

Vicki D.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Issuu helps me educate my clients

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I love the look and functionality of my digital lookbooks. They're easy for my clients to use and they help give me an edge to look more professional and give a more luxury experience.

Pros

I use Issuu to upload my client session guides and lookbooks. It guides me through the steps of getting my work published and online. User interface is simple and intuitive. It's easy to share my work with my clients and the end product looks great!

Cons

So far I don't have any recommendations for changes.