Issuu

Content creation and distribution software for designers

4.2/5

• Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 1+ year

Engaging and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Overall, I have been quite happy with Issuu.

Pros

Issuu offers a very simple, easy to use and easy to understand platform which is refreshing. I also appreciate the options to add extra content like articles/stories to increase engagement on different devices.

Cons

The only problem we have run into with Issuu is the limited update and replace options. Other programs we have used in the past offered the option to replace a single page in the total publication - rather then having to re-upload the entire publication. When we are putting together a 100+ page publication, having to re-upload and re-link the entire thing if we find an issue on a single page can be a bit frustrating.

Amanda E.

Perfect for Online Publishing

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

We publish our literary magazine once a year with a print version, and we use Issuu for the online version. I love the way it allows for full-screen viewing and simulates page flipping. We simply export our InDesign files as a pdf and upload to Issuu. It's also a great place to find other literary magazines for inspiration!

Cons

No complaints. It would be nice to have the ad-free version, but in education the budget is tight, so we really appreciate the free version with ads.

Lucidpress

Reasons for Switching to Issuu

Though I used Lucidpress with our younger children so they could share and edit in the tool, Issuu seemed like a more professional product for our older students to use (as they already use InDesign to create). If Issuu were to provide a platform for design that was equal to InDesign and Photoshop, we would pay for it instead of InDesign and Photoshop.
Jackie M.
  • Industry: Publishing

Mills Publishing Sports

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

We are glad we can offer our clients a digital platform. Issuu has helped us move into this arena.

Pros

The ability to share the link with our colleagues, especially this year. So they are able to email, put on their fan page, or use a QR code for fans to check out the game day publication. Also the ability to get statics.

Cons

None that I can think of. We have been using this over 5+ years and have been successful using this platform.

Crystal E.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Product & easy to use

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

It has been great for our company. We upload photos of properties, with all the home info and the agents details so they can share on their socials.

Pros

I love that it's so easy to create an digital catalog to share on your social channels. I also like that it has some analytics, that is great to show your sellers.

Cons

I would like to be able to group my publications, by season, or year, or office. I would also li8ke to be able to create my own layout, add logos and text on pages, etc.

Christopher C.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Good choice for small publishers on an even smaller budget

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

We've been using the platform for years and are likely to continue to do so, absent better alternatives at no cost.

Pros

Issuu allows us to get a PDF of our print newspaper online at no cost to us.

Cons

The UI is not always easy or intuitive. Also, over the years, Issuu's attempts to monetize more of their business has led to taking away functionality that used to be free. That seems a violation of trust with their clients.

Jesus G.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ISSUU IS GREAT PRODUCT

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

It has been great. We started many year ago uploading our Activity Guide. I think we were actually one of the first few. After a few years we started to notice more and more cities uploading their guide on ISSUU. ITs been great.

Pros

The ease and use of the software. It is easy to upload, edit, markup...you name it. Its easy to understand.

Cons

Nothing really. Ive seen some great improvements and features over the years.

Jenn H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used for 1+ year

Issuu Review

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Perfect! Will refer others, and definitely use again!

Pros

The ability to share our Christmas Catalog online was the main purpose of using Issuu.

Cons

There wasn't anything that stood out to me as a negative :)

Jocelyn H.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Issuu Advocate

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

I have been using Issuu for a few years now and I have never been let down! Great service, especially for a nonprofit!

Pros

I love the ease of use in publishing content. The additional features to create documents into stories, gifs, etc. The analytics have also been so helpful!

Cons

I do not pay for the premium version, but I wish I had the extra features!

Patricia B.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

My Honest Thoughts on Issuu

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it is to upload my pdfs into Issuu. I have never had any problem regarding formating, uploading, etc. during my time using Issuu. Everything is set up in a simple way that is easy to understand.

Cons

I feel like the stories features is slightly confusing to use, but the idea of it has great potential! The design options are limited, but nonetheless, they are still nice.

Tim H.
  • Industry: Utilities

Issuu is easy for readers

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Issuu makes it simple to share content in a user-friendly way. The upload interface is very easy to access, intuitive, and quick. Setting up the account was very easy, too.

Pros

Issuu is incredibly easy to use, and the capabilities make it simple for users to access content.

Cons

I wish users could download the content into a PDF with the type of subscription our company purchased.

Abby A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

I desire to speak to a human

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

Overall my experience has been good. I hope it would get better once I have my questions answered.

Pros

Easy to navigate
Half off discount
Style is clean
I like to keep track of statistics

Cons

I need to talk to a human, I have questions but there is no way to do that.

I have questions about the number of impressions, it seems low to me and I would like to know how you configure that. Also, the number of shares is low but the publication has been shared a lot on social media. Does ISSUU take into account social media stats?

Elle J.

Great For Small Distribution

Reviewed on 11/6/2021

Pros

Used to this for a lookbook, it was easy to setup up and share with viewers.

Cons

The slide transitions can be a bit slow at times.

Anna K.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Love Issuu for showcasing my marketing materials!

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

Issuu has been so helpful in showcasing my marketing materials to potential and current clients. It is easy to use, access, and the layout of the platform is visually appealing.

Cons

Haven't had any issues with using Issuu.

Mark C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Have used issuu for years for our publication and very satisfied.

Pros

The ease of use and customization was second to none. We have used this service for all of our digital issues over the years and will continue to.

Cons

We have not experienced any negative issues with the platform and highly recommend this for all your publication needs.

Bradley W.

Issuu sets the standard

Reviewed on 25/4/2021

I teach to a great variety of audiences. It's nice to know they can find my course materials easily. And once they find me, they can find all my materials in a convenient and easy-to-use form.

Pros

The creation of the PDF format was a leap forward. Without ways to share and view PDF files, the move toward a "paperless society" was problematic at best. Issuu helped users solve that problem. With Issuu, we can upload files and share links with many users via email or social media. The interface is clean and easy to use with enough customizability to make it look clean almost anywhere.

Cons

The one feature I miss in the free version is the ability to embed my PDF files on my websites. This is a rather basic function. I know the company has to make money and this is a feature that is worth paying for. It just hurts that it was free.

Annie V.
  • Industry: Media Production

Using Issuu every month to share community magazine

Reviewed on 20/12/2020

Our readers have given us positive feedback about enjoying to read our magazine on Issuu, so we plan to continue using the software! I've also used it on other projects for our businesses.

Pros

My business is a monthly print magazine and we have been using Issuu since 2013 and have seen the software evolve over the years and continue to add new features! I love being able to browse and find other publications. The interface is a beautiful way to display PDFs and allow users to feel like they are flipping through a publication. They have added be functions such as links and making text searchable. I also like how you can create smaller, select stories with certain pages only. The analytics are also very helpful

Cons

Issuu has helped us meet a business need as we use it to share our monthly magazine with our readers and then embed it to our website. I would say it is worth the basic subscription but for a small business, it is hard to afford the premium accounts that are actually quite pricey.

Worth It, Plain & Simple

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I love it! I'll keep using it and I consider it the industry standard for digital publication.

Pros

Issuu is fantastic, I love how smooth the user interface is, how easy it is to upload, and the ability to organize all of your publications into stacks. With nearly 1000 publications on the site, it makes distribution easy.

Cons

The newer features need to be fleshed out more. Mobile friendly article creation isn't bad, but it doesn't recognize paragraphs that stretch across 2 columns, and it struggles with photos sometimes. The article stories are a bit abysmal though, it doesn't make it easier than using Illustrator/Photoshop.

Lauren N.

Issuu Sofware Review

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

Issuu is great for designers who want a means to show their work. The booklet template is very straightforward for clients not used to Issuu.

Cons

No complaints overall. A more minimal graphic interface might declutter focus from our posts.

Ana B.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy tool for sharing visual documents

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

Overall I have recommended to many people and used it for years and will continue to use it for professional visual based document sharing for professional situations

Pros

This is an easy to use tool for uploading and sharing anything from resumes and sample work, to presentations, that may be difficult to share via email. It is professional in appearance and easy to switch out or update documents if needed.

Cons

I have only used the free version and feel anything that is lacking is because I haven’t purchased the upgrade to access additional editing or enhancing capabilities. I will say sometimes it glitches out on me but I just refresh and try again

Kevin C.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Issuu was a life-saver

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Pros

We've used Issuu for at least five years. No one compares to it at all. It's allowed us to take our print newspaper and offer an e-Newspaper for those who love to still read us, but who are out of the area. Truly, it's been a game changer for us — and I believe it's something every newspaper should use.

Cons

The pricing is borderline prohibitive — and I wish more features would be available for starter subs.

Deirdre W.

Help out the Teacher

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I've had a frustrating time combining two accounts . I'm disillusioned by how much it costs public school to utilize Issuu for their print production, but I know no other company that does this. It really is an amazing product.

Pros

It allows us to put our print newspaper online our online news site

Cons

It used to be free and it was wonderful. Now it costs us money we do not have

Kristi E.

Great Product for my needs

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

In my personal experience it has been great.

Pros

The is great for my needs which is to upload our seasonal catalogs to be view virtually. It allows me to provide a direct link that I can share with all my customers. It is easy to use and quick so I don’t have to spend a lot of time to do what I need to!

Cons

I suppose some features are a little more difficult to figure out but I don’t need or have a real use for them.

Anne R.
  • Used for 2+ years

Great resource and markting tool.

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Issuu has helped support other digital marketing efforts. It's easy!

Pros

Issuu is easy to use and navigate. I think it helps us with our marketing efforts and is a fair price point. I've been using it for years for a variety of clients, and people are always happy I suggested to do so.

Cons

For the free version, there are a lot of ads.

Katherine K.

Best catalog sharing software

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

It reduces costs of business by virtually sharing. Plus it saves time, postage, and business supplies ~ envelopes, labels, etc.
We are in a virtual world and THIS is the perfect fit!

Pros

I can send my catalog through social media to customers & prospects easily. I can even share on my platforms

Cons

None i love using it. Easy. Safe. Shareable

Robin W.

Great digital interface

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I think issuu is the best publication sharing interface currently on the market. My clients love it!

Pros

As a print designer of magazines and annual reports issuu has been a great platform to share work digitally with clients and their audience.

Cons

Sometimes my clients have a limited budget and can’t always afford the cost.