Adobe Audition

Audio editing software for accelerating production workflows

4.4/5
4.5/5
4/5
4.1/5

85 Software options

Forrest K.

Do It!

Reviewed on 31/8/2021

If I have any issues I go to the Adobe website faqs or Youtube for advice.

Pros

Adobe Audition is the premiere audio editing software. From expert to the beginner it allows you to use it to do simple editing to complicated multi-layered tracks.

Cons

The cost can be a bit high when your first learning but it will pay off as you become more of an expert.

Robert M.

A DAW for the Adobe devotee

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

Audition is a great addition to your suite of Adobe apps.

Pros

Audition is a stable DAW and the standard DSP is all good quality, particularly the time based processors.

Cons

It takes quite a while to get used to using and the structure isn't as intuitive as other audio sequencers. Also, it is only audio as full MIDI sequencing isn't yet supported.

REAPER

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Audition

Audition came packaged with Adobe CC and so there was a price advantage. There's less of a learning curve with Audition too.
Esteban P.

What a great software

Reviewed on 5/5/2021

I’ve always prefer adobe product because of its professionalism and really powerful tools!

Pros

The user interface is really easy to use, and it’s very professional! I love it!

Cons

There’s no cons, I guess at the beginning it’s kind of difficult to understand but that’s because you are new! But you’ll get use to it! It’s easy to use!

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Audition

Because I’be used another adobe products so I know they are really good
Zach Y.
  • Industry: Media Production

Powerful Audio Editing for Pros!!

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

Audition is powerful, versatile, and delivers professional grade quality. It has a variety of features that are native to the program, but also has a vast array of plugins available that only enhance the process. Plus, the ability to dynamically link edited audio assets directly into our video timelines in Premiere is invaluable to our workflow. Pair this with Adobe's world-class customer support, and this program is our company's no-brainer, go-to choice for Audio Editing software. Highly recommend!!

Pros

Cons

The only downside to Audition is the learning curve for interacting with its many many tools. However, if one is at least vaguely familiar with the Adobe family, this will lessen the learning curve some since it is a member of the Adobe Creative Suite Family.

Esther T.

Audio simplified with Adobe

Reviewed on 18/10/2021

I have loved most of the features,i enjoy using Adobe audition and easy to train the interns with because their features are not complicated.

Pros

I like it mostly that one can merge different audios however they want.
The fact that files can still be exported and imported to this app,edited and played timelessly.

Cons

It's the best tool for editing audio but not everybody can afford especially the individual users .A bit expensive .

Gianluca A.

Adobe Audition let my podcast shine :-)

Reviewed on 20/4/2021

I find myself very comfortable with Audition because I can work in high quality and produce very satisfying podcasts, with great approval from my audience.

Pros

I am very satisfied with the functionality of Adobe Audition because it allows me to edit my podcasts and significantly improve the audio quality of my work. It's a pretty easy platform to use even for someone who is a neophyte to the audio editing aspects. I have a lot of room for improvement but the results I'm getting are already more than satisfactory.

Cons

Adobe AUdition has many functions and some audio knowledge is required; that does not depend on AUdition itself but must be known to set up a good work. This is a general limitation but Audition supports Basic users.

Mike L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Robust DAW

Reviewed on 24/6/2021

Adobe Audition has been a great addition to my software suite to enhance the creative projects for our church.

Pros

Adobe Audition is a great addition to the Adobe Creative Suite. It integrates well with the other software and is very powerful and yet easy to use. Third party plug-ins work fantastically.

Cons

There are two main sections to the software. The track editor and the multitrack session. It would be nice to be able to do the editing right within the multitrack session.

Scarlett S.

Adobe Audition and midi

Reviewed on 9/4/2021

In my experience adobe audition is useless and should only be used if you don't have access to another audio daw. All the other adobe products are amazing and this is my least favorite software from adobe. If Audition had midi tracks, I would reconsider this whole review.

Pros

If you're an Adobe suite user, audition is the easiest way for working with audio.
It's userfriendly and looks really familiar; if you're used to the adobe look, you'll feel right at home and navigate through the software in no time.

Cons

I hate the fact that you can't use midi with adobe audition. If you're an adobe premier video editor that also creates sound designs, the best way do it is through audition, however, the monent you decide to add midi, you will go mad looking for forums that will only tell you the same thing. Audition does not support midi tracks.

Akshit G.

Adobe Audition Review as a Motion Artist

Reviewed on 29/1/2021

Adobe Audition in included in Creative suit bundle, so as it was available to me, I started using it ,
i have enjoyed using it, it gets the work done in my pipeline

Pros

-The dynamic link in the software, and whole creative suit package has saved a lot of time and efforts.
-It comes included with Adobe creative suit package.
-It comes handy as a reliable voice recording software.
-remix feature helps a lot to trim or to increase the duration of the Music seamlessly.

Cons

-the save feature doesn't works as other software in package,
-the export feature in multitrack mixdown doesn't allow to same name as previously used name (even if we want to overwrite the file its not allowed)
-majority used feature are now included in premiere pro

Shrenik M.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Premium Audio Recording Software!

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

Pros

Adobe Audition has a very professional feel to it- not just from its design but also all the features available for recording audios. It is amazing for recording anything or even importing existing audio. You can easily edit the clips to stretch them, condense them, duplicate them, etc. If you want to record audios, this is the software for you!

Cons

When I first installed Adobe Audition, the vast number of buttons and features were overwhelming. But give it some time and you'll realize how easy it is!

Raulton R.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Powerful audio editing software

Reviewed on 24/5/2021

Pros

All features necessary to edit and perform multi tracking audio situations for professionals.

Cons

Difficult first time to use software. Learning is needed to be able to access all features.

Samuel L.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Simple, intuitive and does what its supposed to.

Reviewed on 6/2/2021

17 years using this for audio production for radio and podcasts. I have thought it in college and students love it once they get used to it. It is simply a genius piece of software and you can transform audio that is of low quality with a few tweaks here and there.

Pros

Whether you are looking for a simple audio edit or a complex multitrack session Adobe Audition has it all. I've been using this since it was called Cool Edit Pro in 2004 and it only gets better with age. Once you get part the overwhelming feature rich UX you are going to love this software.

Cons

It does have quite an extensive amount of features and therefore it can have quite a steep learning curve. Probably not the best software for the none techie who isn't intimidated by loads of buttons and options. Apart from this, I love Audition.

Pro Tools

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Audition

Lacking in features and the UX seemed kind of outdated at the time.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Audition

It was free and more suited to the audio editing environment, whilst Pro Tools is better for music production, in my humble opinion.
Manase M.
  • Industry: Music

Adobe is king at muisc production... Trust me you don't want to miss

Reviewed on 20/2/2021

It's a great software for basic music production and for beginner level... You can still achieve pro work with adobe audition too.

Pros

Low latency in Live mode for podcast and the easy multitrack layout. The tools are just amazingly easy to understand. The mixer section has good send functionality.

Cons

Nothing except the display design. I feel more should be done on giving a pleasing design rather look.

Curry M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Great option for those looking to learn more.

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

As a Videographer who needs to learn to use sound editing as a tool, but doesn't have the education of a Sound Engineer, this is a fantastic software only limited by what you know. I've heard many say that Logic is a much better option, or even Pro Tools, but it's hard to argue with Audition's functionality when accessible through the Creative Cloud. I would typically much rather try to resolve any audio issues or projects within Premiere Pro, but there are certain limitations and details missing that are an absolute need, that Audition does have. Give it a shot and you won't be disappointed.

Pros

You can pretty much do anything sound related. Recording options, tons of compressions and EQ templates and effects to get you started which are endlessly customizable. Far beyond my ability is isolating frequencies or removing them, but I have seen it done. The creativity also knows no bounds, as through Audition I was able to recreate the sound effect of a phone conversation. It's very visually appealing as well, great use of color and the interface is overwhelming, yet it exudes professionalism.

Cons

As is the issue with all Adobe software, there is a steep learning curve. Half the battle is knowing the tools there are to apply, but the other half is knowing where they are in the program. It could more than likely be better laid out to in a more user-friendly manner so the overwhelming factor decreases. This is where other programs like Logic excel.

Irfan K.

Awesome Software for Audio Production

Reviewed on 8/5/2021

Overall, it has been a great experience. The pros overcome the cons and I love the software. I have been using it more almost 14 years now.

Pros

Noise reduction and mastering the audio are the best features that I have discovered in Adobe Audition. I work with field audios that are associated with a lot of noise most of the time. Audition comes in handy to remove the background noises and cleaning the audio for using live on the radio. There are other options that I use such as improving the audio by using different effects. My favorites are vocal enhancer, bass booster, batch rendering, and equalizers.

Cons

The multi-track module is not as good as other software like Sony Vegas. I think the multi-track sessions can use some improvement.

Evelyn S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Audition best option to edit audio

Reviewed on 16/1/2021

Is really great, I edit my podcast there, I made a short intro jingle for my videos and also edit voice over for video production

Pros

What I like the most about using Adobe Audition is its integration with Adobe Premiere, it makes it really easy to work together and link the audios on my videos.

Cons

At the beggining I had some trouble to understand the interface but after seeing some of the tutorials Adobe offers I improve my skills on it

Pro Tools

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Audition

It was a very heavy software to use and was not what I needed

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Audition

It is cheaper and easier to use
Cameron S.

The advanced audio editing tool that helps us repair podcast episodes

Reviewed on 19/5/2021

Audition allows my team to help our clients podcasts sound amazing. When you are recording remotely there will always be some background noises, and Audition helps us to remove those cell phone rings, baby cries, and dog barks.

Pros

I love how Audition allows for advanced audio editing. Aside from mastering, it also gives us the kind of precision needed to remove background sounds that other tools miss.

Cons

While Audition has a lot of advanced functionality, it means that it can be difficult to onboard new users. This is why only a few people on my team use the software. There is also not a good way to collaborate on a project with others, aside from taking turns editing the file. I wish there was an Audition plugin with Descript that would give similar functionality as the Wipster.io Video Review Panel in Adobe Premiere to sync files and comments between applications.

Oscar L.
  • Industry: Music

Amazing DAW that cares for your money!

Reviewed on 6/3/2021

Overall its great, even if you are a beginer or proseffional you can get amazing results. I think its the best of its kind for the price you pay and what you get for it. Perfect for audio editing.

Pros

One of the things I like the most about audition is that is very friendly for the user, everything is very intuituve in comparisson to similar programs. The pluggins included are great, the automatizations and audio editing are very easy to use. Amazing features to EQ, noise reduction, etc.

Cons

I would like more extensive content in the area of recording and audio editing, its sometimes dificult to get a professional result with the options you have there. Could add music creation tools.

Luis M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The definitive tool for audio works

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

I can't complain, it has helped me for many projects and it is quite useful, with time and learning you can get good projects to be published in social media or audio platforms.

Pros

It is a very useful software to cut audios or clean them in case they have a certain level of noise that is uncomfortable.

I recommend it for audio work and to complement those who are working on audiovisual projects and want to improve the sound aspect.

White noise removal works quite good.

Cons

Requires a powerful computer system, could improve the interface and the application time of the saved settings.

Requires a lot of time to get used to.

Eric F.

EXCELLENT audio manipulation tool

Reviewed on 29/9/2021

Pros

I used it to "finalize" my songs when I'm done producing them. I add 1 second of silence at the beginning and end and normalize volumes. Sometimes I even use Audition to add a fade to the end of the song.

Cons

It wasn't the cheapest product on the market. BUT, you get what you pay for. Don't forget that.

Johnny D.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

How great is Adobe Audition?

Reviewed on 20/7/2021

Overall its a good program depending on your expectations when you are purchasing.

Pros

It's pretty much easy to use if you are familiar with recording programs. This particular program has many effects on the voice which help with a lot of my videos.

Cons

It's not the best recording program as far as making music and adding a lot of plug-ins. Other than that it's great for the basic.

Carl G.
  • Used for 1+ year

Great that its in Creative Suite. But It's not my go-to DAW

Reviewed on 19/7/2021

The software's being packaged into Adobe Creative has made me feel safe in that I have a more intensive DAW, should I need it. If it were a little more accessible, perhaps I would have used it more.

Pros

I like that it's packaged within the Adobe Creative Cloud. For more serious audio tweaks, it would seem like it's quite capable. For most of the things I have to do for my work, Premiere Pro and Descript has been sufficient.

Cons

I don't like how the default shortcut keys are different from Premiere Pro, but that's really just my own preference. I'm sure they're customizeable. The distinction between editing audio files and editing multi-track files was also not immediately apparent. These dont make it a bad software, just one that had enough friction for me to avoid jumping in and learning it more.

William M.

Adobe Audition is Worth it

Reviewed on 17/5/2021

Adobe Audition has been a great program overall. I have been using it to record and edit our weekly podcasts as well as other audio for other projects.

Pros

Setup is easy. Recording and editing is great. Has a lot of powerful features including noise reduction and other audio effects.

Cons

Pretty expensive. No music creation tools. Takes time to load. It also takes a huge amount of computer resource to use.

Nirag M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great for podcasts

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

Pros

I used this software for making a podcast episode for one of my classes and I was impressed with the wide range of features available. It was convenient to crop audios and import the intro and outro for the podcast. At some places, I was going fast so I stretched the audio to make it look like I was talking slowly and that worked effortlessly!

Cons

It could be a bit difficult to figure out how to use the software with its complex looking buttons at first but it gets easier with time.

Vaibhavi H.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Adobe Audition

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

used it to make a podcast, college assignment, great help

Pros

easy to use, convenient for first-timers

Cons

a "how to use" video in the start can be helpful, the transitions were not smooth enough