Sibme

Online video-based learning management software

4.7 /5 (193 reviews) Write a Review!

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Works well with struggling teachers

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Pros

This software works well when trying to develop struggling teachers. It allows you to give them feedback from actual lessons with the chance for them to see themselves. True growth can occur when used correctly.

Cons

Its a little hard to configure in the beginning but smooth after you play with it for a while...

Kimberly B.

Excellent Support

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

Sibme is a wonderful platform for our Educational Service District to use with coaching elementary teachers around early literacy practices. The support Sibme offers is fantastic. The response time is great and the willingness to explain and problem-solve is extremely helpful.

Pros

The Sibme software makes virtual coaching organized and efficient. I love the ability to review the video clips the teachers send with their time-stamped reflective comments. I can then add my own responses and time-stamped comments. This is a great way to collaborate asynchronously.

Cons

Because Sibme can do so many things, it can be a little challenging to use at first. The more you use it, however, the easier it becomes.

Cazilda S.

Value Added Coaching

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

We have been using SIBME for the last 4 years. It is a pleasure working with the SIBME TEAM. They are responsive and take care of issues immediately. Coaches that have found value in video coaching really like using SIBME.

Pros

The software was our answer to saving and learning from video. It gave us a platform to give feedback on line and within the video. We also liked the huddle feature where several folks can join in the conversation to review and give feedback.

Cons

We quickly learned that it was not going to work if we were not all using the same video equipment. Once we knew that, we quickly bought a backpack and all technology for our coaches so they would have the ease of using SIBME.

Lisa S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great tool for educator teaching development

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

I have nothing but great thing to say about Sibme. Customer support has always been very strong and the product is fantastic.

Pros

I love using Sibme software as a tool in classroom observations. It is easy to access and use and allows me to capture the observation for teacher development & collaboration. Whether I am walking a classroom in person or capturing the classroom virtually, Sibme can be used to record observations. I love that there is no additional step needed following a recording session...Sibme instantly uploads the video to my account where i can share it with stakeholders.

Cons

Nothing! Depending on how you want to use Sibme, there may be some setup that takes time, but once you have the set up complete...it is quick and easy to use.

Pam L.

Sibme is a life saver!

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Without Sibme it would be difficult to continue the training process with our instructors during this most difficult year of no travel, so the ability to use a online site with uploaded videos and training materials has been of great value to us.

Pros

We use Sibme for reviewing and training our cadre of instructors. The dialogue that happens around a single video is very helpful to both coaches and coachees. We allow the instructor to self assess first and then the coach jumps in to add comments which is followed by a phone conversation. Our instructors appreciate the time spent and the ease of the program to improve their practices.

Cons

Most of my cons have already been addressed this year with the screen capturing and the streaming features. The one thing that we find challenging is the inability to make changes to several huddles at once. Since we use Sibme as a training program and not only for evaluation or coaching, we set up huddles for lots of instructors at one time but when making changes need to make the changes one huddle at a time.

Allyson D.

Collaborative Space for Teacher Teams

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

I have been very pleased with our overall experience. Sibme is extremely responsive to our needs as an organization and we appreciate the just in time resources and support.

Pros

Sibme makes collaboration easy and puts everything needed as an instructional coach in one place. The platform (both on the desktop and app version) streamlines the reflective process needed to build the instructor - coach relationship.

Cons

Some users have reported it takes longer to upload on certain devices, but this can be dependent on internet speed. Uploading videos in shorter chunks helps alleviate this issue.

Dr. laura C.

Sibme for Video and Data Collection

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

My overall experience with Sibme for the past years has been very positive. They are a company of integrity and a pleasure to work with.

Pros

We need a secure place for our teacher candidates to easily upload videos, lesson plans, and zoom links. Sibme has been the best option we have used. Not only do they provide a quality product, but their customer service and innovation teams are unmatched.

Cons

Some of candidates have difficulty uploading their video. Usually this is because they are not using the app to record.

Maryjane P.

Great Platform

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

Don’t send me the gift card.

Pros

It is very convenient as I can coach teachers living in a different US state. It is easy to use and reliable.

Cons

Please stop updating and screwing around with trying to make it easier. The updates slow me down since I am older and more technologically challenged. I don’t use all your new gadgets. I also would really LOVE if you could make the font color MORE black. I have suggested this before and it is still a light grey color.

Delilah G.

Simbe review from Texas Southern University

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

Excellent! The students love the video for self-reflection.

Pros

We have been very pleased with the product . Additionally, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] rock! They are extremely helpful when working with our students and University Supervisors. We will continue to use SIMBE after five years of using the product.

Cons

None that I am aware of after using the product for five years.

Johnjoh W.

Useful

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Sibme is a very useful tool to promote collaborative video analysis. I would like to use it more with my colleagues.

Pros

Sibme made it easy to focus on small pieces of video and collaborate with others on those small pieces. You could really zero in on specific things with the tools Sibme provides.

Cons

Not really a problem with the software but it was difficult to get but in and teachers used the smallest things as excuses to no time participate.

Kari S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Amazing resource

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

I am very pleased. I used it lots last year, due to COVID, I have used it less this year.

Pros

As a teacher, I am pulled in so many directions. It is hard to see everything that is going on. By looking at my lessons, I can see what students are doing. I can notice who may be struggling, who is on the ball, and what may be distracting students. I can also notice things I do or don't do so that I can improve myself for future lessons.

Cons

Sometimes it has trouble loading and I have to wait or miss a recording of a lesson.

Annie Y.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Simple to use

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Pros

Super fast at uploading (faster than uploading to Drive for example) - makes it easy to quickly create an archive of watchable videos

Cons

I wish this program could be integrated more with Google versus being completely in-house. It would be easier if we could also sync it and link it without someone needing an account as a lot of the issues are a result of login issues.

Keri H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Amazing Customer Support

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Pros

Sibme has made it easy to record, review, reflect, tag, and collaborate on videos of classroom instruction. The app makes uploading, sharing, and getting feedback on videos quick and easy while being FERPA compliant. The customer support and service has been amazing with questions being addressed within minutes. Additionally, the support team takes suggestions and ideas from customers to the development team for improvements to their product.

Cons

Sibme has an option to connect other resources into huddles and goals - but the process is not super user-friendly for connecting resources held within Google apps. They have made some changes to increase ease of use, so hoping more changes in this area are coming.

Lizette B.

Excellent video feedback resources!

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Pros

The ability for educators to upload classroom video to receive time stamped feedback. The asynchronous abilities in this platform are tremendous.

Cons

Uploading documents in the discussion section is not as easy to use. Dropbox, Google Drive, and other platform synchronization still have links to be worked out.

Carr C.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

A Decent Program

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

I believe that Sibme was very useful for my principal in observably coaching me as an incoming teacher. I thought it was easy to access on the receiving end. I did not like the difficulty I had when trying to use some of the feedback and video recording from my observation in a different capacity.

Pros

I really enjoyed the ease of recording and making sense of the feedback that my Principal used on Sibme.

Cons

I was disappointed when I went back to utilize this video with Sibme recording that it was so difficult to access and clip into another program.

Sheila R.

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Pros

This is a great way to video my teaching and share with my colleagues.

Cons

The only drawback is the audio in playback. It’s not always easy to hear what is being said.

Candace S.

Great teaching resource!

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

It has been an overall positive experience. My biggest battle is in the industry with which it is being used.

Pros

It’s easy to use and very accessible. I like the fact that it is not taking up storage on my device.

Cons

Nothing. It has been a positive experience overall.

Brandon H.

Making Good Teachers Better

Teacher coaching

Pros

The ability to easily access and store videos and reference them as evidence for growth and effectiveness.

Cons

I would like to see more integrations introduced so that it can be used with more teacher ranking scales and such.

Leslie J.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Excellet Product

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

Pros

I used this program to upload teaching videos for an educational grant. It was very easy to use and I did not ever experience difficulties. To go into the video section to share and view was super effortless.

Cons

I wish it was offered at a discount for teachers to purchase. Since this was a grant I will lose access to the software and I really enjoyed using it.

Daniel H.

School Support User

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

We work remotely in various parts of the country. This has allowed us to share practice with each other while working remotely.

Pros

The ease of sharing videos and being able to comment on others' practice.

Cons

The email notifications. When there are comments on videos, it takes a lot of clicking from the email to see what the comment was rather than having a preview in the email.

Alexis R.

Sibme use

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Pros

I appreciate being able to watch videos that my colleagues have uploaded. Also the feature to comment at different points in the videos are helpful for precise feedback.

Cons

It is challenging to record a video somewhere else and then have to transfer it to Sibme.

Whitney E.

Does exactly what it needs to do with no frills

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Pros

I like that I'm able to quickly see videos submitted across my organization in one easy place.

Cons

It was difficult to learn to use the software. Although I feel comfortable now, it took me a while to get comfortable.

Rachel G.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Use for Education Practice

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Pros

I enjoy that I can easily use Sibme on a computer and also upload videos from my phone. I’m an educator and use this to evaluate my practice and also share videos with other teammates to learn from each other. The collaboration groups are also very helpful!

Cons

I don’t utilize Sibme as often as I could. I’ve noticed uploading videos from my phone can be challenging and time consuming.

Erin W.

Great for Educators

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Pros

I liked the ease it was to upload videos that my coach was able to review.

Cons

I had a hard time downloading it at first.

Erin W.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Sibme Review

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

I am an Instructional Coach and use this tool to help and support my teachers. It is an easy and effective way to help and support my teachers.

Pros

This program is very easy to use with my teachers. Without a lot of explaining, they are able to video and upload without support. The ease of the comment features makes taking notes easy.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a long time for a video to upload, I do wish this was a little faster.