Piktochart

Content maker and data visualization to create presentations

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.6/5
4.5/5

102 Software options

Morgan D.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Competing in a research design contest with Piktochart

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

I used free version of Piktochart to create a creative research poster. I used a timeline "Design Component" and the "Text Frames", as well as icons and graphics , to communicate my work. It was very easy to use, but sometimes difficult to click and drag the correct features.

Pros

Piktochart is easy to use and has a great library of graphics and images. I especially liked the infographics templates and the very aesthetically appealing "Text Frame" options.

Cons

There were some difficulties with layering and click features in Piktochart. It is difficult to click on overlapping text boxes. I wish it were easier to size the overall image as well.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Morgan! Thank you so much for your honest review and feedback.

If you need any help at all with layering and your textboxes, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

We'd be happy to assist you!

Gede ananda A.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Infographic done quick

Reviewed on 31/5/2021

As a college student, Piktochart is my best friend for making good infographics and charts for my Presentation assignment. Besides infographic, I can also make some banner graphics and posters with this which I think very good.

Pros

I can choose a wide range of templates and styles for my Infographic, with just drag and drop I can make something good-looking. It also comes with free-trial which is helping me a lot

Cons

The paid version is too pricy for the feature they offer. Layering is also a bit difficult for me, because the graphic keep overlapping each other

Response from Piktochart

Thanks for the positive, Gede!

Glad to hear you found your new best friend :)

Infographer's Dream Platform!

Reviewed on 23/1/2021

Overall experience is a good one! I totally recommend!

Pros

I really love Piktochart for making infographics! Charts galore, seriously! I love the ready made templates... I usually always use one of the ready made templates which saves me so much time.

Cons

For what I use Piktochart for, I really don't have any complaints. I feel like platforms could always use more free elements to help create, but you can always buy a premium subscription for more.

Minh phong L.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

THE BEST INFOGRAPHIC SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2/8/2020

I always used Piktochart to help me create infographics, posters, and flyers for my study and my professor was very impressed asking me which software I had used to support me in doing assignments. I recommended her to use this online software and she was very glad that Piktochart inspired her a lot in preparing outstanding reports to her manager.

Pros

Piktochart is the first infographic software that comes to my mind when I have to make graphic editing for my homework assignment. After signing up for a new account, I can access various graphic design templates such as posters, reports, presentations, and many more. Using this online software, I do not have to be a professional graphic designer. Piktochart offers everyone the opportunity to produce creative products easily and effectively. The software has many awesome and creative features including shapes, icons, and illustrations.

Cons

Piktochart currently continues to be my first choice for making graphic products. Honestly, the software has nothing that makes you want to switch to other products because its features are very user-friendly and everyone can comfortably design their work without too much difficulty or possessing a graphic design background. However, Piktochart only allows you to save a maximum of five visuals created and I usually depend on the software creating a large number of posters for my study. In order to save over five visuals created, I have to upgrade my status to PRO.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Minh Phong! So happy to hear that Piktochart has been valuable to you. All the best as you continue to use Piktochart for your studies!

Zach M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Piktochart has revolutionized our marketing

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

While we run into formatting issues from time to time we couldn't be more pleased with the quality of product Piktochart produces.

Pros

We are thrilled that Piktochart provides so many modifiable templates for presentations and posters. It allows us to reduce the time in creating individual layouts for different projects.

Cons

Our biggest drawbacks center around photos. It would be nice to be able to upload a photo bigger than 2.0MB. Also, it would be nice if we could make picture frames that fit the page exactly.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Zach! This really made our day in Piktochart! Thank you for your kind words :)

I've passed your feedback to the team. When you say "picture frames that fit the page exactly", are you referring to picture frames that auto-fit to the size of the block? Hope to understand your needs a bit more! Feel free to email me. Thanks!

Michael S.

Maximize efficiency with quick powerful infographics

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Don't waste time on preparation and get right into the presentation. Makes it easy to present professional interesting material.

Pros

Super quick and intuitive. Allows you to massively save on time and effort by sharing data in efficient and interesting manner. Rather than spending absurd amounts of time throwing together eye catching presentations, cut the time in half and put out something that looks even better than it normally would. Powerful and anybody can use it, I can't recommend enough

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I can think of that I disliked about this software. Has made the presentation prep and quality improve significantly.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Michael! We're happy to know that Piktochart has been valuable to you in your presentations! We have 16:9 presentation templates and export to PPT feature on our roadmap! Can't wait to share all these good stuff with you!

Transforms Anyone into a Designer

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

My experience has been amazing. As someone with little design knowledge, this platform makes my life easier and I can create beautiful images quickly.

Pros

Piktochart is extremely easy to use. Even if you are not a designer, this helps you easily design flyers, banners, infographics, etc. They have so many templates available so it's both fun and easy to create content. The price point is pretty low and definitely worth it!

Cons

They used to have more fonts, but recently removed some basic ones I use like Arial. They still do have a lot of fonts available though.

Response from Piktochart

Hi there! Thanks for leaving us a positive review! We're glad that you find Piktochart valuable. You can also add your own custom fonts especially brand fonts. Let us know if you need any help!

Mariana C.

QUICK CHART MAKER AND PRETTY

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

If you don't have a lot of time to make the presentation pretty just use this app it's easy and makes ideas pretty.

Pros

What I loved about Piktochart is that is easy and make it pretty every idea that you what to present, it's awesome and easy to use when everyone tells me how you create all of that I just tell them that its because the application that I used, it's so useful and what I loved is that you can make pretty presentation in really short time.

Cons

That the free version sometimes doesn't have that good staff like the one that you pay.

Response from Piktochart

Thanks for all the love, Mariana! We do offer discounted PRO plan for Non-profit organizations if you're looking for more features: https://piktochart.com/pricing/nonprofit/

Have a wonderful Tuesday! :)

• Industry: Philanthropy

Great for start ups!

Reviewed on 10/1/2019

I have had a great experience with Piktochart and recommend it to anyone who needs to look like they have a whole design team even if it's just one person!

Pros

The software is easy to use and makes you feel like a designing pro! Our company was relatively new when I started working there and didn't have a communications team to design our handouts. I had previously used Piktochart in my personal life and recommended it to many of my colleagues who needed to create content. Piktochart makes you feel like you are a designer and has great tools for making your work your own!

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to figure out what size the documents are that you are creating until you download/print them. There have been several times where I thought a document was 8 1/2 x 11 until I printed it and had some issues with sizing. I think it would be helpful for the documents to be more print ready as opposed to just primarily being, what appears to be, more of an online creation platform.

Tyler B.

Think Canva for Infographics

Reviewed on 5/2/2020

Piktochart lowers the barrier to people designing info graphics, making data visualization more prominent throughout our org, which is ultimately a good thing.

Pros

Canva made graphic design for posters, social media images etc incredibly accessible to people without design skills, and Piktochart does this but for info graphics. Allows someone with no formal training, and only a cursory creative eye, to put something together that looks good, and presents data and information clearly.

Cons

Much like the issue I have with Canva, the 'ease of use' benefit comes with the trade off of graphics looking a bit 'samey', or cookie cutter. It's not a bad trade off, but it is there. It just lacks personality when compared to something designed from scratch.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Tyler! Thanks for your honest feedback! We now have new templates for social media images including insta story :) Do try it out and let us know what you think!

Loran P.

Great Additional Options for Students

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Pros

I like that Piktochart is an infographic-creating software. It gives the students something to do that is not a PowerPoint or Google Slide or Prezi presentation. It allows students to use their creativity.

Cons

What I dislike about this product is that if you are not using it after so long, they disconnect your account. I like Piktochart, but I do not use it as often as I do other products. It would be nice to be able to keep my account open to be able to view previous Piktocharts that I've used for other classes without recreating my account.

Ana del v H.

It is perfect for making infographics and other image compositions quickly, easily and free.

Reviewed on 26/5/2018

Pros

It is free for most functions although it has space limitations to upload our own images.
its editor is very good since it provides guide lines that allow to align and adjust the elements.
has more options for editing the elements than other similar tools such as canva.
It has a variety of graphics that can be used as: bar, pie, venn diagram, among others, in which you can import data from csv or xlsx files or use a Google Spreadsheet Link to manage dynamic data.
It offers a variety of maps to place in the design and the possibility of adding data and legends.
It allows you to include video files from YouTube and Vimeo.
Once a presentation is published you can add transitions, I can also choose if only I can see the presentation or if I want to share it through social networks.
allows download in png format to an acceptable quality in the free version.

Cons

you can not work collaboratively unless you hire the pro team plan
Elements can not be animated when presentations are made.
Place a watermark that you can only remove by contracting the pro plan or pro team plan.

Rachel L.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used for 1+ year

Easy and fun tool

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Piktochart is easy to use and helps create a beautifully tailored info-graphic.

Pros

I appreciate how Piktochart makes it possible to drag and drop any element that you want within your project. It is easy to add and maneuver any text or pictures you want. I've used Piktochart to create info-graphs for three different projects at work.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like were the limitations with just using the free version. There were one or two very useful features that I had to pay to use (which of course is how the company creates the incentive to pay for the full version).

Response from Piktochart

Hi Rachel! Thanks for sharing your experience using Piktochart :)

Adrienne G.

Easy Infographics and Reports - don't need a graphic design background

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

We use the free version and are very pleased with variety, easy and use, and features/functionality.

Pros

This is my go-to for making infographics or reports. It is very intuitive and easy to use. The graphics are professional and easy to re-use one downloaded. The interface is drag and drop with many templates and lots of support. There are many stock images that are easy to find and use as well.

Cons

Sometimes the interface can be glitchy/nonresponsive but I don't know if that's the software or our computers/internet connection.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Adrienne! We're happy to know that Piktochart has been useful to help you with infographics and reports!

Feel free to reach out to Support when you find the issue with non-responsiveness. We'll do our best to help!

• Used for 6-12 months

If you're creative, Piktochart free is great, if you need more guidance, level up

Reviewed on 26/7/2018

Super easy to make infographics, no limit on shapes or icons i can use.

Pros

The free version has a lot of things going for itYou only need to be a little creative and you can turn one of the free templates into anything you want, or start from scratch. I like the flexibility and that there are lots of icons and shapes available

Cons

If you're not creative, you might want to level up to have access to over 600 templates. They have templates for everything and honestly it makes it so much easier and quicker to just choose one, and fill in the info you need.

Angela K.

Everyone loves an infographic

Reviewed on 1/2/2019

Pros

Allows us to present facts, statistics, and numbers in a more entertaining way. Reasonable pricing. Easy to use.

Cons

There really isn't anything we've had an issue with...sorry!

David C.

Great tool at a low price

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

It's a great program and meets all of our infographic needs. The few times we have needed to contact support, we've received very quick responses.

Pros

This software is great for making infographics. There is also an excellent non-profit rate that makes this very affordable to use. The software itself is very easy to use and offers a wide range of graphics and design options to choose from.

Cons

Not much to be honest. I do wish that multiple users could be added so a team could share graphics more easily.

Excellent design tool

Reviewed on 24/6/2021

It is an incredible design tool. It is worth paying for it if you have a team of more than 2 persons.

Pros

I liked the fact that the software helped us quite a bit with designing our newsletter. Also, we were able to create different postcards and Facebook cards.

Cons

I did not like that it was not compatible with Outlook, at that moment. We have managed now to insert the images like PNGs and only it works this way.

Response from Piktochart

Thanks for your positive review! We're glad you find Piktochart valuable to you :)

Kaytlin R.

Great for non profits

Reviewed on 14/1/2019

This has been a great way for my organization to update some of our informational material. I particularly like that I can upload our logo and create a color palette to create uniformity across our materials. Overall, I love it.

Pros

This is a great, easy, and intuitive graphic generator, especially for non-profits. It's an easy and fun way to display information and the graphics are super trendy and contemporary.

Cons

There are certain things that I wish were more customizable, like being able to change the color of some of the text boxes or rearranging certain blocks.

Mário P.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Perfect for home made infographics

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

Present data in a cool way to my board members.

Pros

Easy learning curve. Free edition let's you make everything

Cons

Nothing I could identified for an app that does what it says it does.

Cade P.

Very fun

Reviewed on 21/5/2018

Pros

What I liked most about this software called piktochart was that it did not feel overcrowded. I felt overcrowded using other infographic makers.

Cons

What I did not like very much about piktochart software was how much you needed to do to make your infographic easier to make. You had to change a lot of settings to make it easier for yourself and that felt like a hassle.

Arlette E.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

When I need to do infographics, Piktochart is the software I use. It's online and has the right tools to create professional graphics that look great. It's not a task I do frequently, but when I do, I use this software. I don't have deep knowledge of design or code and with this application I've been able to make infographics and presentations that look professional. I appreciate how easy it's and how many tools it have. I'm a creator of content for social networks and a writer, so I always look for applications that facilitate my work, increase my strengths and hide my weaknesses. Design is one of my weaknesses and, however, this software helps me to turn it into a strength, that's why I like it so much.

Pros

It's a simple and easy to use software that allows to make infographics and presentations quickly and without any effort. It offers templates that can be edited and modified, change the text, the font, place our own images or those offered by the software. It allows me to organize the information in an appropriate way by dragging and dropping elements and adding texts, it has several graphics options that can be adapted to any type of data, I can also insert YouTube videos. I like the tools and elements offered to personalize and enrich the content I want to publish, without having to know the code or the graphic design.

Cons

I really like Piktochart, it has been very useful in my work o I have nothing bad to say about this software.

Nanjundaraddi K.

Pikto Chart

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Overall not a good experience.
I didn't find value for money.

Pros

Nice collecton of Infographics to create Social Media Post.
ready to use graphics elements, charts and maps, High-resulation downloads available.

Cons

They don't have custom size canvas dashboard to design posts.
Very bad dashboard interface.
Not pleasing templates compared to other products available in the market.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Nanjundaraddi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. To clarify, we do have custom size canvas dashboard. We're sorry if it was difficult for you to navigate. Here's a helpful article: https://support.piktochart.com/articles/235030168-how-do-i-customize-the-width-and-height-of-the-blocks

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected] We'll be happy to help!

Ralph E.
  • Used for 1+ year

Infographics Is Where Piktochart Really Shines

Reviewed on 3/5/2021

Overall, I think the PRO plan is worth the money but the free plan isn't something to bother about. It's a pretty solid tool by the way, especially for infographics.

Pros

Although there are other templates, styles, and formats available on Piktochart, I think the aspect where it really shines is creating Infographics. The templates available for infographics are beautiful in all honesty. If you are looking for an online graphic design tool to design infographics more specifically, I would definitely recommend Piktochart.

Talking about the interface, as far I'm concerned, I don't think the interface is in any way complicated or clumsy. The interface is very neat with lots of white space and simple to make use of in my opinion. There is a really cool addition to the interface now called brand assets where you can extract colors from images and set up custom fonts to use in your designs.

The blog is easily accessible from the main dashboard to learn more about using Piktochart and other useful tips. Piktochart is cool graphic design software that is neat and easy to use. Please note that I've never made use of it on a mobile phone before.

Cons

I think the free plan is just too limited to the point that it's almost non-existent. Don't even bother with the free plan if you really want to get anything out of Piktochart. Piktochart isn't generous at all with their free plan compared to other graphic design tools that I've made use of. The PRO plan is worth it though.

Lervyn S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Piktochart Review

Reviewed on 26/7/2021

As a student, Piktochart is a versatile software because it exhibits flexibility and practicality. The fact that there are templates that are ready to be used and edited saves a whole lot of time and brainstorming as this can also be a guide towards creativity.

Pros

Piktochart makes presentations and publications much easier, convenient and accessible. It suggests ideas or templates that can either allow you to already start with something or make a project on a blank canvas. It gives a lot of opportunities to be creative and harness productivity. There is no need to worry when a gadget shuts down unexpectedly since the software automatically saves the preexisting project. There are a lot of objects, colors and elements to choose from as this makes the project or presentation much more appealing and interesting. The free version of the software allows you to make five active projects which is a decent amount, Also, it gives unlimited access to templates, images, illustrations and charts whether it is the free version or not. Consequently, even though you pay for a plan it is still affordable and practical.

Cons

The free version of Piktochart only allows you to upload 100MB of images, saves a project only in PNG, obtains a watermark, and is not ideal for work since it only allows you to create 5 active projects only. Consequently, when placing a color code, it tends to adapt the color within the first few digits even though you are sill not finished typing it yet. Also, the software does not support a lot of languages and it needs a fast and reliable internet connection to be able to access features quickly.