Piktochart

Content maker and data visualization to create presentations

4.7 /5 (92 reviews) Write a Review!

Erik K.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Piktochart is great for making quick high-quality visuals

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

We got Piktochart for the purpose of creating infographics to share key data with our employees. We've been using it for almost 2 years, and have created some great infographics and some amazing posters for courses and leadership programs, as well as company events like food drives.

Pros

The thing I liked most about Piktochart, is how it makes it so easy to make a high-quality visual. Be it a poster, or an infographic, Piktochart makes it super easy for someone like me who is not a graphic designer to end up with a nice graphic at the end.

Cons

Honestly, there's not much I dislike about the product. I think perhaps there could be a few more editing options (or that those options, if they exist, were better surfaced and easier to find).

Response from Piktochart

Hi Erik! Thanks for leaving us a positive review! You made our day here in Piktochart :) I hope we can connect to find out more about the editing options to improve your experience!

Janny G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I started my arts management career using Piktochart

Reviewed on 11/8/2020

I started my arts management career using Piktochart. My first assignment was to create an annual report for the nonprofit, and I wanted to step it up by presenting the information in a slick, modern format. Having no designing experience, Piktochart was the perfect tool to perform this task! Not only did it make my job easier, but it intuitively taught me the newest document-designing trends, so not only I was able to present the information, but it was also visually powerful and compelling. Kudos to the Piktochart team!

Pros

Having little experience in the designing department, Piktochart helped me shape statistics, strategies and thoughts into easy-to-understand infographics and reports. Without Piktochart and its vast library of charts, maps, icons and templates, I wouldn't have been able to create my first report for the nonprofit I work for now as a full time employee. Its block-based technology -including features as alignment, transparencies, and positions- makes it simple to create stunning visual materials. Its intuitive menu helps you locate components fairly quickly. I used the Upload feature A LOT, for branding purposes. Not only did I have complete templates for reports, infographics and presentations, but also for text frames. The preloaded photo frames are also helpful for flyers and posters. Overall, we have had an amazing experience with Piktochart!

Cons

Upload limit for the free account is 40 MB, so we had to make sure to upload lower res versions of our photos. I didn't use the color scheme feature as much. The social media category wasn't available before, so we couldn't use it as much for social media marketing.

Response from Piktochart

Thanks, Janny for taking the time to leave us positive feedback :)

So happy to know that the tool has been valuable to you since you started your arts management career!

Stacy G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy to use with lots of templates to get you started

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

I've been happy with the product and have designed several items now. The prices is great and I've recommended it to several other people.

Pros

I started using Piktochart without any experience in making infographics. I found the program very easy to navigate. I started with a template, then quickly figured out how to adjust colors and features, importing images and graphics. It was really fun to deign within the program.

Cons

I wish that the software automatically saved as you edited. I also wish they included a variety of icons for use so that I didn't have to go source those. Sometimes getting the colors to change for the specific item I want changes to the exact color I need, took a couple tries, but my products still turned out great.

• Industry: Publishing

Amazing design tool anyone can use

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

The product is very easy to use. It has a decent catalog of free graphics to pull from which allows users to create visually engaging infographics, web ads, and banners. You can share or download what you've made with the click of a button. This tool is ideal for teams or departments needing basic design support without a graphic designer.

Pros

I love this tool. Piktochart is very intuitive and easy to use. It is especially useful to creating infographics or email banners. There is a decent level of functionality in terms of styling, colour, shapes, and transparency, with an excellent store of free images and graphics to use. You can also upload your own imagery as needed. Once you have your graphic elements chosen, it is very easy to adjust and manipulate them to create the effects you want. Our team uses this tool in place of a graphic designer for smaller projects.

Cons

There are some limitations in terms of the space of your "canvas" and some font and shape restrictions. It's certainly not in the same category as a design tool like Photoshop but for the price it's a good option for any marketing team. We tend to use Piktochart for very specific design needs and rely on the graphics department for more complex work.

Sara G.

Quick and easy to use software to create infographics, professional result.

Reviewed on 4/5/2018

My graphic design workflow (data visualization) has sped up a lot; this app generates professional and smart graphs based on tab sheets

Pros

- easiness to use, you can import data from excel or google sheets.
- high-quality pdf downloaded can be modified using another software (es. Illustrator)
- you can upload your own graphics, also to be used into graphs (svg).
- really great real-time customer care and troubleshooting support
- many templates available

Cons

- icons available within the app are not very interesting, and many are missing.
- I would like to be able to customize more the graphs generated
- colour management could be improved

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

I love that I can make flyers or posters and print them. I like that I can inform people of what is going to happen in a fun and creative way.

Pros

I love that you can easily share this with someone. I love the creativity that this site offers. There are so many options to choose from. It allows the user to be creative, but also provides examples of how the person can use the design. I like how simple the program is and how effective it is. It is easy to change the color, add pictures or text, and make it feel like your own.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints about this software. I like it and feel like it makes my life easier and simpler.

Emily M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Piktochart is great!

Reviewed on 2/1/2019

I taught myself how to use this product when I wanted to create my own HR infographics. I love using the tool and the amazing results it provides. I utilize it for personal and professional reasons now!

Pros

Great tool for infographics, great templates, free!

Cons

Hard to get used to but I taught myself and the overall result is great.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Fun, mostly easy to use information visualization tool

Reviewed on 4/5/2020

Pros

Templates, ability to create fun visuals, easy to upload pictures to add to visual. They are easy to share and can be password protected or made public.

Cons

Only con that comes to mind is that the edits are live as you make them; meaning I can't make all the edits I need to make and then publish the document for others to review/see (they see the edits as I am making them).

Response from Piktochart

Hi there! Thanks for leaving us a review :) Happy to help you with the edit/share options - feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Stay Safe!

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

Creating infographics easily

Reviewed on 3/8/2018

Pros

The software enable to create infographics and other grapfics files easily.
Easy to manage and easy to learn the available options.

Cons

The lack of Hebrew support made it hard for me to make an Hebrew infographic.

Aubrie A.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great for basic design, but a few small hang-ups.

Reviewed on 29/3/2018

Pros

I love the access to the templates and icon library. The text frames are really cool as well to find new ways to make text visually attractive and include facts and figures.

Cons

Not being able to upload custom fonts is big for us. Also, when you share a piktochart, the other person can't download it, they can only view it. This means we have to download a copy each time and upload it somewhere for them to be able to mark-up during review processes. I've found however that the design line-up is inconsistent- meaning when you're trying to align something the auto-alignment is a little wonky. Also, if you zoom in to say 300% something looks aligned, but when you zoom out to 100% there's space. I've found this inconsistency to bleed over to the pdfs as well.

Fast Graphic Design

Reviewed on 19/9/2018

This has helped our little nonprofit look as big as the big dogs.

Pros

There is almost NO learning curve for making really sharp infographics and PDFs. The stock images are really helpful, as are the templates.

Cons

I can't see how to change the font inside the chart tool for the percent marker on the line graph. It prints a bit blurry and I don't get how to bold it.

Avishay "jesse" S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great tool for creating infographics and designs online; a complementary tool to Canva.

Reviewed on 24/5/2018

Great option as a complementary tool for Canva; answers 95% of your needs with ease.

I would gladly recommend it to anyone!

Pros

If you liked Canva and didn't find Tailor Brands an adequate enough solution, then you're in for a treat: wonderful infographics with very easy to align layout, great free design options and a very easy-to-use interface.

Couple it with Canva, and you got 95% of all graphics needs covered without paying a dime.

Cons

There are missing icons IMHO; I couldn't find the "EU" flag or "Europe" on the map (on its own) for an infographic, which forced me to import these images from the internet, but other than that - this is a great solution for most of your needs.

Arman A.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Reviewed on 9/3/2019

Pros

Piktochart is a decent software for creating posters and flyers, overall quality is great, it has several free templates, a lot of editing options, it has even a bunch of logos which are also editable. The result can be downloaded in PNG format in normal or medium quality for free.

Cons

I didn't like that free templates were limited to only a few, when in Pro mode there are hundreds. Also for high quality and for PDF file download the software also requires an upgrade to a Pro or PRO Team.

Hannah W.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Clean designs that will make you and your information look good!

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

Great for creating attractive presentations or handouts in a pinch.

Pros

- Great option for creating info graphics; a lot of ready-made elements that you can easily input
- Love the chart options; you can easily create a variety of charts in the software
- Super easy to use drag and drop tools
- Great templates; really clean, professional looking designs

Cons

- Free version has some major limitations:
-not very much storage space for photo uploads
-not a collaborative tool
-watermarked

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Piktochart is good for more complicated design

Reviewed on 12/4/2019

Pros

I like that Piktochart has good templates for infographics.

Cons

I've recently begun using Canva a lot more frequently. It offers more options for quick social media designs and it's easier to use than Piktochart. I find the layers in Piktochart complicated.

Marcos M.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The app you need to creat impressive infographs and catch the attention of an audience

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

I found this incredible app when I was desperately looking for a way to create eye-catching pictures to increase the impact of a scientific paper. It took me only a few minutes to realize the potential of this tool. I will surely be using Piktochart in all my papers and presentations.

Pros

It only took me a few minutes to create some really awesome infographs.

Cons

Some functionalities, such as maps and graphs, are easy to include, but not so easy to handle.

Merlyn M.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/1/2019

Pros

PiktoChart is easy to use and extremely intuitive.

Cons

If I have to say what I like least about the software, it would be probably that some icons cannot change color.

Zach M.

Great for nonprofit

Reviewed on 4/3/2019

It’s been a great product allowing us to create graphics we couldn’t before.

Pros

At a non profit with a small marketing budget Piktochart allows us to tell our story professionally.

Cons

It can take a little exploring to find a good template.

Randolph R.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Decent free version and great special pricing for non-profits

Reviewed on 16/2/2019

Pros

The ability to make great infographics with ease

Cons

The free version has a number of limitations

Kyle B.

This definitely gets the job done

Reviewed on 25/4/2018

Pros

I found it very easy to make good graphics. They make the templates very easy to fill in and make it look custom.

Cons

Sometimes these graphs can look very similar because of the templates. Maybe I just need to be more creative

Morgan D.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Competing in a research design contest with Piktochart

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

I used free version of Piktochart to create a creative research poster. I used a timeline "Design Component" and the "Text Frames", as well as icons and graphics , to communicate my work. It was very easy to use, but sometimes difficult to click and drag the correct features.

Pros

Piktochart is easy to use and has a great library of graphics and images. I especially liked the infographics templates and the very aesthetically appealing "Text Frame" options.

Cons

There were some difficulties with layering and click features in Piktochart. It is difficult to click on overlapping text boxes. I wish it were easier to size the overall image as well.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Morgan! Thank you so much for your honest review and feedback.

If you need any help at all with layering and your textboxes, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

We'd be happy to assist you!

Infographer's Dream Platform!

Reviewed on 23/1/2021

Overall experience is a good one! I totally recommend!

Pros

I really love Piktochart for making infographics! Charts galore, seriously! I love the ready made templates... I usually always use one of the ready made templates which saves me so much time.

Cons

For what I use Piktochart for, I really don't have any complaints. I feel like platforms could always use more free elements to help create, but you can always buy a premium subscription for more.

Minh phong L.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

THE BEST INFOGRAPHIC SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2/8/2020

I always used Piktochart to help me create infographics, posters, and flyers for my study and my professor was very impressed asking me which software I had used to support me in doing assignments. I recommended her to use this online software and she was very glad that Piktochart inspired her a lot in preparing outstanding reports to her manager.

Pros

Piktochart is the first infographic software that comes to my mind when I have to make graphic editing for my homework assignment. After signing up for a new account, I can access various graphic design templates such as posters, reports, presentations, and many more. Using this online software, I do not have to be a professional graphic designer. Piktochart offers everyone the opportunity to produce creative products easily and effectively. The software has many awesome and creative features including shapes, icons, and illustrations.

Cons

Piktochart currently continues to be my first choice for making graphic products. Honestly, the software has nothing that makes you want to switch to other products because its features are very user-friendly and everyone can comfortably design their work without too much difficulty or possessing a graphic design background. However, Piktochart only allows you to save a maximum of five visuals created and I usually depend on the software creating a large number of posters for my study. In order to save over five visuals created, I have to upgrade my status to PRO.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Minh Phong! So happy to hear that Piktochart has been valuable to you. All the best as you continue to use Piktochart for your studies!

Zach M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Piktochart has revolutionized our marketing

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

While we run into formatting issues from time to time we couldn't be more pleased with the quality of product Piktochart produces.

Pros

We are thrilled that Piktochart provides so many modifiable templates for presentations and posters. It allows us to reduce the time in creating individual layouts for different projects.

Cons

Our biggest drawbacks center around photos. It would be nice to be able to upload a photo bigger than 2.0MB. Also, it would be nice if we could make picture frames that fit the page exactly.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Zach! This really made our day in Piktochart! Thank you for your kind words :)

I've passed your feedback to the team. When you say "picture frames that fit the page exactly", are you referring to picture frames that auto-fit to the size of the block? Hope to understand your needs a bit more! Feel free to email me. Thanks!

Michael S.

Maximize efficiency with quick powerful infographics

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Don't waste time on preparation and get right into the presentation. Makes it easy to present professional interesting material.

Pros

Super quick and intuitive. Allows you to massively save on time and effort by sharing data in efficient and interesting manner. Rather than spending absurd amounts of time throwing together eye catching presentations, cut the time in half and put out something that looks even better than it normally would. Powerful and anybody can use it, I can't recommend enough

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I can think of that I disliked about this software. Has made the presentation prep and quality improve significantly.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Michael! We're happy to know that Piktochart has been valuable to you in your presentations! We have 16:9 presentation templates and export to PPT feature on our roadmap! Can't wait to share all these good stuff with you!