Piktochart Reviews

Piktochart

Content maker and data visualization to create presentations

4.5/5

Russell
Russell

Great platform for infographics, flyers, and graphics in general!

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

I'm very pleased - my students learned to create great infographics for class projects and reports!

Pros

There's really a lot to like about Piktochart if you're looking to build infographics quickly and effortlessly with students. For starters, their website is extremely easy to use. I think it's arranged well, easy to navigate, and I like the search feature (quickly filter through templates). Piktochart also offers a massive library of options/designs. Honestly, some are a little bland, but many are of great quality! I also appreciate how they have grouped or organized templates into themes. This allows you to quickly find your purpose/style, and then start customizing. With regards to building and creating, I'm not extremely experienced, but I feel like it's easy to use and manipulate to me. My students picked up quickly! There's also a lot of free images, and you can upload your own pictures easily (I have students share experiment steps/procedures pictures). One thing that I find unique from competitors is that you can actually embed videos and interactive charts. To my knowledge, this is the only free platform I've seen that can do this. Of course this will not matter if you are printing a flyer, but if you're sending it digitally, then this is a really unique and awesome feature. Last, I like that you can import data from Google Sheets and Excel. This hasn't been very difficult to do either - my students were able to pick up on it in no time at all. I give it an 8 out of 10 - awesome platform with many practical uses in the classroom!

Cons

Although I really like what Piktochart enables me and my students to do, I feel like a lot of the templates require a subscription. That's not possible with a class full of students, so I wish they'd consider some sort of education package. With that said, the free version is good depending on the project or activity you're doing.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simplifying graphic design and perhaps the best tool for infographics!

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

Piktochart is a handy design tool for any novice designer that wishes to step up their graphic work without having to invest a lot of time learning the complexities of Adobe programs.

Pros

Piktochart is easy to use, intuitive and has a ton of resources and templates to create visually stunning infographics that enables rookie designers to create truly beautiful designs. The best part of this software is its simplicity and the drag and drop style way of designing; this style makes learning the design process painless and easy.

Cons

In some cases, if you are looking to have graphic design work done for larger-scale projects Piktochart isn't going to be your best solution - in this case Adobe programs still reign supreme. Piktochart simply doesn't have as robust features and functionalities when compared to any Adobe design program.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Zach! Thank you for leaving us a positive feedback! We're glad you find Piktochart easier to use than Adobe :) If there are any functionalities you'd like to see, do reach out!

Stay safe!

Nanjundaraddi

Pikto Chart

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Overall not a good experience.
I didn't find value for money.

Overall not a good experience.
I didn't find value for money.

Pros

Nice collecton of Infographics to create Social Media Post.
ready to use graphics elements, charts and maps, High-resulation downloads available.

Cons

They don't have custom size canvas dashboard to design posts.
Very bad dashboard interface.
Not pleasing templates compared to other products available in the market.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Nanjundaraddi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. To clarify, we do have custom size canvas dashboard. We're sorry if it was difficult for you to navigate. Here's a helpful article: https://support.piktochart.com/articles/235030168-how-do-i-customize-the-width-and-height-of-the-blocks

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected]. We'll be happy to help!

Michael
Michael

Maximize efficiency with quick powerful infographics

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Don't waste time on preparation and get right into the presentation. Makes it easy to present professional interesting material.

Pros

Super quick and intuitive. Allows you to massively save on time and effort by sharing data in efficient and interesting manner. Rather than spending absurd amounts of time throwing together eye catching presentations, cut the time in half and put out something that looks even better than it normally would. Powerful and anybody can use it, I can't recommend enough

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I can think of that I disliked about this software. Has made the presentation prep and quality improve significantly.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Michael! We're happy to know that Piktochart has been valuable to you in your presentations! We have 16:9 presentation templates and export to PPT feature on our roadmap! Can't wait to share all these good stuff with you!

Bushra
Bushra

Excellent interface for easy and efficient image/video/design needs

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

Excellent

Excellent

Pros

Their customer service team is to die for. I have had an awesome heavenly experience interacting with them. They were always there to support me with my little-big queries and doubts.

Cons

None which I can think of according to my experience

Gede Ananda
Gede Ananda
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Infographic done quick

Reviewed on 31/5/2021

As a college student, Piktochart is my best friend for making good infographics and charts for my Presentation assignment. Besides infographic, I can also make some banner graphics and posters with this which I think very good.

Pros

I can choose a wide range of templates and styles for my Infographic, with just drag and drop I can make something good-looking. It also comes with free-trial which is helping me a lot

Cons

The paid version is too pricy for the feature they offer. Layering is also a bit difficult for me, because the graphic keep overlapping each other

Response from Piktochart

Thanks for the positive, Gede!

Glad to hear you found your new best friend :)

Jared
Jared
  • Industry: Government Administration

Piktochart keeps making me look good

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

It is a time saver, like having a professional designer on staff. Can't say enough about how great it has been for our small agency. We can't afford to pay someone else to do this, and Piktochart is worlds better than trying to cobble together something on MS Word.

Pros

Where to start? This platform is amazing, and makes me look amazing. Completely easy to use, WYSIWYG, intuitive software program. Tons of beautiful template designs available for use with a free account, but the options on a paid account are really amazing. Well worth the cost, especially with the rates that they offer for non-profits.

With this program and 10 minutes of effort, I can develop professional flyers, posters, and infographics that look incredible. Just don't tell anyone how easy it was.

Cons

It can be a little tricky editing on Safari, something about the page layout makes the bottom of the screen hard to see. Only thing I can think of, this tool makes me look like a million bucks.

Daniel
Daniel

Great tool for presentations

Reviewed on 16/6/2022

Love piktochart since its beginning, hope it continues growing and giving us more tools.

Pros

Offers great template for any use, social media, informal and formal presentations.

Cons

It doesnt have mobile compatibility to work anywhere.

Mariana
Mariana

QUICK CHART MAKER AND PRETTY

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

If you don't have a lot of time to make the presentation pretty just use this app it's easy and makes ideas pretty.

Pros

What I loved about Piktochart is that is easy and make it pretty every idea that you what to present, it's awesome and easy to use when everyone tells me how you create all of that I just tell them that its because the application that I used, it's so useful and what I loved is that you can make pretty presentation in really short time.

Cons

That the free version sometimes doesn't have that good staff like the one that you pay.

Response from Piktochart

Thanks for all the love, Mariana! We do offer discounted PRO plan for Non-profit organizations if you're looking for more features: https://piktochart.com/pricing/nonprofit/

Have a wonderful Tuesday! :)

Carrie
Carrie

Infographics for the Non-Graphic People

Reviewed on 28/4/2022

I wish I were a graphic designer. I see things in my head, but they never come out as I see them when I have to design them. Working for a small nonprofit, I am the brand champion, and we do not have a designer on staff. Additionally, I am good with Excel, but I still haven't mastered pivot charts, and have no intention of doing so any time soon.
Piktochart helps me visualize the data we collect and present it - something we have never done previously. When combined with visual storytelling, I am able to create an amazing piece that looks fairly well designed - that I am proud to present to donors, families, and partners.

Pros

Piktochart is east you use. I have ideas in my head, but I am unable to get them on paper, as I just do not have those skills. Piktochart makes this much easier for me.
- Good templates as jumping-off points.
- Drag and drop editors - no need for HTML
- Easy exporting options
- Pretty intuitive

Cons

I don't really have any complaints about Piktochart - especially at the price point. There may be "better" products out there, but the value prop is right on.

Ralph
  • Used for 1+ year

Infographics Is Where Piktochart Really Shines

Reviewed on 3/5/2021

Overall, I think the PRO plan is worth the money but the free plan isn't something to bother about. It's a pretty solid tool by the way, especially for infographics.

Pros

Although there are other templates, styles, and formats available on Piktochart, I think the aspect where it really shines is creating Infographics. The templates available for infographics are beautiful in all honesty. If you are looking for an online graphic design tool to design infographics more specifically, I would definitely recommend Piktochart.

Talking about the interface, as far I'm concerned, I don't think the interface is in any way complicated or clumsy. The interface is very neat with lots of white space and simple to make use of in my opinion. There is a really cool addition to the interface now called brand assets where you can extract colors from images and set up custom fonts to use in your designs.

The blog is easily accessible from the main dashboard to learn more about using Piktochart and other useful tips. Piktochart is cool graphic design software that is neat and easy to use. Please note that I've never made use of it on a mobile phone before.

Cons

I think the free plan is just too limited to the point that it's almost non-existent. Don't even bother with the free plan if you really want to get anything out of Piktochart. Piktochart isn't generous at all with their free plan compared to other graphic design tools that I've made use of. The PRO plan is worth it though.

Lervyn
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Piktochart Review

Reviewed on 26/7/2021

As a student, Piktochart is a versatile software because it exhibits flexibility and practicality. The fact that there are templates that are ready to be used and edited saves a whole lot of time and brainstorming as this can also be a guide towards creativity.

Pros

Piktochart makes presentations and publications much easier, convenient and accessible. It suggests ideas or templates that can either allow you to already start with something or make a project on a blank canvas. It gives a lot of opportunities to be creative and harness productivity. There is no need to worry when a gadget shuts down unexpectedly since the software automatically saves the preexisting project. There are a lot of objects, colors and elements to choose from as this makes the project or presentation much more appealing and interesting. The free version of the software allows you to make five active projects which is a decent amount, Also, it gives unlimited access to templates, images, illustrations and charts whether it is the free version or not. Consequently, even though you pay for a plan it is still affordable and practical.

Cons

The free version of Piktochart only allows you to upload 100MB of images, saves a project only in PNG, obtains a watermark, and is not ideal for work since it only allows you to create 5 active projects only. Consequently, when placing a color code, it tends to adapt the color within the first few digits even though you are sill not finished typing it yet. Also, the software does not support a lot of languages and it needs a fast and reliable internet connection to be able to access features quickly.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Piktochart has revolutionized our marketing

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

While we run into formatting issues from time to time we couldn't be more pleased with the quality of product Piktochart produces.

Pros

We are thrilled that Piktochart provides so many modifiable templates for presentations and posters. It allows us to reduce the time in creating individual layouts for different projects.

Cons

Our biggest drawbacks center around photos. It would be nice to be able to upload a photo bigger than 2.0MB. Also, it would be nice if we could make picture frames that fit the page exactly.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Zach! This really made our day in Piktochart! Thank you for your kind words :)

I've passed your feedback to the team. When you say "picture frames that fit the page exactly", are you referring to picture frames that auto-fit to the size of the block? Hope to understand your needs a bit more! Feel free to email me. Thanks!

Minh Phong
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

THE BEST INFOGRAPHIC SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2/8/2020

I always used Piktochart to help me create infographics, posters, and flyers for my study and my professor was very impressed asking me which software I had used to support me in doing assignments. I recommended her to use this online software and she was very glad that Piktochart inspired her a lot in preparing outstanding reports to her manager.

Pros

Piktochart is the first infographic software that comes to my mind when I have to make graphic editing for my homework assignment. After signing up for a new account, I can access various graphic design templates such as posters, reports, presentations, and many more. Using this online software, I do not have to be a professional graphic designer. Piktochart offers everyone the opportunity to produce creative products easily and effectively. The software has many awesome and creative features including shapes, icons, and illustrations.

Cons

Piktochart currently continues to be my first choice for making graphic products. Honestly, the software has nothing that makes you want to switch to other products because its features are very user-friendly and everyone can comfortably design their work without too much difficulty or possessing a graphic design background. However, Piktochart only allows you to save a maximum of five visuals created and I usually depend on the software creating a large number of posters for my study. In order to save over five visuals created, I have to upgrade my status to PRO.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Minh Phong! So happy to hear that Piktochart has been valuable to you. All the best as you continue to use Piktochart for your studies!

Joseph
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Long Time Loyal User

Reviewed on 25/5/2023

I am a delighted and fully engaged user. My team and I wish more of the products we deployed were as seamless and consistently useful as Piktochart.

Pros

My team and I construct weekly infographics from articles I write. Piktochart is an intuitive tool for transferring dense text into visually captivating content. Piktochart's vast and ever-evolving template library streamlines our process and ensures varied and eye-catching designs.

Cons

Truly, there isn't any feature or aspect of Piktochart that I would like to see added or changed. This product is perfectly designed for our needs.

Eilidh

Enjoy Piktochart

Reviewed on 2/6/2022

Pros

Made it easy to share presentations and digital files across a team of 20+ Marketing group.

Cons

The addition of the export to PPT was valuable for us. A crop feature for images would be beneficial.

Canva

Simple to Use - Gets the Job Done

Reviewed on 29/12/2019

Overall, Piktochart is a super easy platform to use to create good-looking infographics. Creation is intuitive, making it easy for first-timers to use Piktochart right away.

Pros

Piktochart is super easy to pick up and use. We've used the free version to make simple infographics to supplement some of the blogs we write for clients, and for those purposes, it certainly gets the job done. It's nice to have a selection of templates, and the fact that the options get refreshed from time to time is also nice. I appreciate having a selection of photos and clip art to choose from built into the platform. The best thing is really how easy it is to make a nice-looking infographic in very little time, even if you're new to the platform.

Cons

Since we only use the free version, we do find that we've often limited by templates. There are some on the paid version that look quite appealing! But, for our purposes, the free version suffices.

Response from Piktochart

Thanks for choosing Piktochart! We've made some changes last year - all templates are accessible by FREE and PRO users. Happy New Year! :)

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Basic infographic creation

Reviewed on 10/4/2019

Pros

When I want to make an infographic, I automatically just go to Piktochart because I know they'll have the suite of graphics and suggestions for layouts that I am comfortable with. Creating blocks and sections, using different fonts, and even some pretty cool tools like importing data that can be turned into visualizations -- there's a lot to love about this tool.

Cons

Sometimes I felt like there was a big lag in saving my work or that the website couldn't handle all the things I was asking for-- it occasionally runs slow. And that's OK because I didn't use a paid version, but users expect to have near real-time updating, saving and responsiveness from the tools they use.

• Industry: Philanthropy

Great for start ups!

Reviewed on 10/1/2019

I have had a great experience with Piktochart and recommend it to anyone who needs to look like they have a whole design team even if it's just one person!

Pros

The software is easy to use and makes you feel like a designing pro! Our company was relatively new when I started working there and didn't have a communications team to design our handouts. I had previously used Piktochart in my personal life and recommended it to many of my colleagues who needed to create content. Piktochart makes you feel like you are a designer and has great tools for making your work your own!

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to figure out what size the documents are that you are creating until you download/print them. There have been several times where I thought a document was 8 1/2 x 11 until I printed it and had some issues with sizing. I think it would be helpful for the documents to be more print ready as opposed to just primarily being, what appears to be, more of an online creation platform.

Jessica

People ask me all the time "who designs your infographics"

Reviewed on 6/7/2021

Overall, Piktochart has made it easy for me on my small marketing team to create perfectly designed infographics.

Pros

The answer is "I do." And I'm not a designer at all. However, Piktochart has made it easy for me by providing an array of templates that are already color-font-spacing coordinated. Having that sort of design language makes it easy for me to add my own content, but trust that it's all going to work well together. It was also super easy to update with our own brand and colors so that all the infographics that we produce look like they're coming directly from our internal team.

Cons

I wish the types of templates were more easily searchable so that I could do things like "comparison chart" or "versus chart"

Response from Piktochart

Hi Jessica! Thanks for leaving us a great review! Happy to hear that we're empowering another customer to create visuals and experience the power of visual storytelling :)

We'll take note of your feedback. Thanks for sharing!

Life saver!

Reviewed on 24/4/2018

Pros

Seriously the best infographic creator out there. Piktochart got me through college! So easy to create really professional looking infographics - much better than trying to create one on Photoshop, in my opinion. The templates make it so easy to get a head start on a project and the text frames add such a splash of creativity. Love Piktochart!

Cons

No cons yet! Such a great, easy to use software. Also... it's web based so what's not to love?! You can access it anywhere.

Great Tool to support internal communication!

Reviewed on 20/6/2022

Very easy to use with visual effect seen right away. I recommend Piktochart to anybody strugling with any photo design tools that are too complicated and time consuming - here you create impressive visuals (I do orga charts, infographics, financial reports) in little time and with great effect.

Pros

Possibility to create visually interesting infographics in an easy way.
Variety of templates to use online and offline.
Very customer friendly usage.

Cons

Just a few options to upload data for chart visualization in a financial report chart, I would also appreciate more chart options.

• Used for 2+ years

Infographer's Dream Platform!

Reviewed on 23/1/2021

Overall experience is a good one! I totally recommend!

Overall experience is a good one! I totally recommend!

Pros

I really love Piktochart for making infographics! Charts galore, seriously! I love the ready made templates... I usually always use one of the ready made templates which saves me so much time.

Cons

For what I use Piktochart for, I really don't have any complaints. I feel like platforms could always use more free elements to help create, but you can always buy a premium subscription for more.

Debbie

Easy and Effective for Videos, Infographics, Presentations and More

Reviewed on 26/5/2022

Pros

I am a big fan of the video component of the software. It's very intuitive to use and it's easy to get an editable transcript and to add subtitles. That means that I can easily repurpose the text I get into a blog post which saves me a huge amount of time.

I'm just starting to use the infographics, posters, and reports sections, and there, too, it's very intuitive and the learning curve isn't steep at all.

I'm very focused on repurposing my content and I find that Piktochart makes that process very streamlined for me.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about this software, to be honest. It does what it says it will do, and it does it well.

Stacy
Stacy
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy to use with lots of templates to get you started

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

I've been happy with the product and have designed several items now. The prices is great and I've recommended it to several other people.

Pros

I started using Piktochart without any experience in making infographics. I found the program very easy to navigate. I started with a template, then quickly figured out how to adjust colors and features, importing images and graphics. It was really fun to deign within the program.

Cons

I wish that the software automatically saved as you edited. I also wish they included a variety of icons for use so that I didn't have to go source those. Sometimes getting the colors to change for the specific item I want changes to the exact color I need, took a couple tries, but my products still turned out great.