eM Client

Email, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes and chat in one app

4.2/5
4.1/5
4.3/5
3.7/5

Danker

Best email management program

Reviewed on 10/5/2022

Pros

Working with eM Client is easy, setting it up to my own preferences is good. If you have the pro version, you can have an unlimited number of email accoungts managed through eM Client. Synchronization with web mail works flawlessly. Having worked with Microsoft Outlook and long ago with outlook express, eM Client is currently the only email management program that exceeds all expectations. Unlike web mail programs like Chrome with eM Client it is possibke to save emails to your hard drive (I prefer saving each and every email to my device).

Cons

At times it is not easy to find out how to adjust or change features, layout, and more. It's often a trial and error exercise. But once you manage to find out how it works, it's fine.

Ricardo Sandy
  • Industry: Translation & Localisation

The A Team of E-mail Client

Reviewed on 31/8/2019

I used to spend too much time logging into different e-mail providers just to check e-mail messages and communicate with colleagues and clients. Now I only need to open my eM Client software and see all e-mail accounts in one integrated dashboard. There is no more hassle and productivity has increased manyfold during my use of this software.

Pros

I like its superb functionality and flexibility. You can add accounts for the majority of e-mail providers, create contacts and tasks, subscribe to internet calendars, use Google Hangouts directly from within the software without having to logging into your Gmail account, assign labels to e-mail threads with different colors. The greatest advantage is that you can purchase a lifetime license at a bargain and receive all future updates for free.

Cons

It lacks official themes and seldom releases feature updates.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

I made the switch because I was looking for a more flexible and secure software at a great price.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

I chose eM Client over this alternative product because I liked the pricing scheme and all features and benefits that it might offer to users.
Matt
  • Industry: Wholesale

Terrible Latency/Lagging and Unusable & Unpredictable Signatures

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

I used this product for several years, and I have finally given up. It's just awful.

Pros

It's easy to setup. Other than that, there's nothing I like about it.

Cons

Locks up my computer ALL THE TIME when processing new e-mail in any of my half dozen or so accounts. I can't have an application that makes my computer unusable while it "thinks." It's just unbearable, and I have switched to MailBird, which is much faster and doesn't lag or freeze up my system.

I never could get the signatures and templating to work correctly. My signatures look awful, and I have a fairly robust graphic design skill set. I would set my signature to use a Calibri 12, and it would look like 18 while the template setting for composing e-mails was set to the same font and size, and the text looked tiny.

Response from eM Client

Hello,
We're very sorry to see that you experienced such problems in the application. If you ever decide to give us a second chance, feel free to contact our support at [email protected] and we'll do everything we can to help you.

eM Client Team

Barry
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best alternative to Microsoft Outlook (for smaller organizations/Individuals) evaluated.

Reviewed on 2/11/2022

Adopted emClient as my primary PIM application while associates reviewed alternative to Outlook email clients. Compared our experiences and agreement was reached to recommend emClient when appropriate to the client entity.

Pros

In role of a performance/financial improvement interim executive/advisor, I regularly evaluate critical products and services for my clients enterprises. For small to mid-market firms (and NFPs) the cost of Microsoft products can be very significant ongoing budgetary hit. Good alternatives office suites lack robust PIM capabilities and that is always a real consideration. The emClient PIM offers all of the capabilities needed for professional usage.

Cons

The emClient product's export capability is effectively non-existent. If a later decision is made to return-to/go-to Outlook... a major effort will be required.

Sergio
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

My preferred email client for desktop

Reviewed on 4/8/2019

I'm very happy with emclient. It's the only desktop platform I found that made me change from browser mail platform to desktop platform again.

Pros

It's the best email client I could find. It's clean, simple, easy to use, full of features included. Feels clean and smooth to use. I can use many email accounts in the same platform as if they were just one.

Cons

Nothing at all. I like all aspects of the browser, I can't tell of something I don't like by now. Maybe an option to send recurrent emails would be great, and even greater: an option to automate follow up emails until a reply is received.

MailBird

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

Is most clean, smooth, fastest client in my opinion. Just needed functions are included, not garbage.
Tim

Awsome products

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

I needed a product similar to outlook when we switched providers and emclient fit the bill. I been happy with it for over 5 years.

Pros

It is easy to use and works with several email providers.

Cons

Hard to figure out how to remove names associated with emails that have changed to different people.

Thunderbird Outlook Converter

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

We changed email providers.

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

We liked it better overall.

Response from eM Client

Thank you for the feedback! If you have some names connected to specific email, you can remove them either from your contacts or from the Recipients history in Menu>Settings>Compose. If you have trouble removing any specific one, please send me more details to [email protected], I will be happy to help.

Milan

eM Client user experience

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

Very good tool to use as email client, faster than most others and easy to use

Pros

Easy to use, fast and reliable email client.

Cons

Automatic dismiss of passed calendar events

Armando
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Stable and agile Communications Suite

Reviewed on 23/9/2021

With emClient I can perform all the tasks of the company in one place, find contacts and manage emails with calendars at no cost.

Pros

It integrates all the basic needs to configure email accounts, calendars and company contacts. Simple and fast.

Cons

The backup system can get a bit tedious but it does the job. Importing from other solutions can be slow.

Dominik
  • Industry: Entertainment

very good, with one huge problem

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

perfect with one propblem, like above.

Pros

rules, view's, graphics, basicly, everyfhing was as I wanted and work with this tool was always easy to find etc.

Cons

problem was , the software always was loosing some catalogs with emails and later it was download them again. mails, never was fully downloaded. and sometimes, from last several hours , only some emails was downloaded. others I was need to restart software or get emails by www.
support neber solve this problem.
maybe it was too many email (overt 100k on my account), but not supose to be, there is no limit.

Thunderbird Outlook Converter

price

proce, visualization, working
Christophe
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Free email client that might work well, but not with yahoo

Reviewed on 30/6/2022

Disappointed with the latest update, the lack of customer support, and the fact that bugs aren't fixed even after having been reported in the forum.

Pros

The software is free, and offers many functions and tools.

Cons

When using rules, the synchronisation of new emails from Yahoo mail bugs constantly (mixing emails, uploading them twice). There is absolutely no customer support for the free version.

Response from eM Client

Hi Christophe,
we are sorry to hear you experienced issues with eM Client.

Unfortunately, Yahoo has been making a lot of changes to their IMAP (including making their own API which limits sync and other shortcuts to save money on server traffic) but we are trying to find workarounds to mitigate the issues - it can just take longer when the server is doing a lot of unusual things that other servers don't. That does not mean we are ignoring the reports from the forum, we just don't have the dedicated support there to respond to each report/thread, but our devs are working on it.

Upcoming eM Client 9.1 update should have some improvements specific for Yahoo which might help.

Mark

Fantastic email client

Reviewed on 7/7/2021

I've really enjoyed using eM Client for a number of years now. Like any email client you have to spend some time tweaking it to how exactly you want everything as the default display/settings might not be to your liking. The application is very fast and updates quickly. Updates to the client come through regularly which is reassuring. I'm currently using version 8.2.

Pros

I've used eM Client for about 4 years using a free license which caters for a maximum of 2 email accounts. I recently upgraded to the Pro version with lifetime upgrades as I now use 4 email accounts. It's very easy to setup and add email accounts as you'd expect. There are a lot of features available and far more than I require. I've found that the calendar integration with a gmail account has been seemless. In fact as soon as I add an event to the calendar via eM Client it almost instantaneously updates in gmail. You can access the user forum via their website and there's a lot of useful information available in case you get stuck with anything. I recently set up a signature for my business email and it literally took a couple of minutes.

Cons

Like any email client it does take a little while to tweak the settings to just how you like it. I'd certainly make use of the 30 day free trial so you can iron out any little niggles you may come across. Make use of the forums if you get stuck.

Steven
  • Industry: Accounting

Great alternative to Outlook

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

Pros

eM Client is very easy to use, and it allows me to be able to view all of my old emails, without the need to search through archives. It syncs flawlessly with my Google mail and Google calendar.

Cons

I have previously submitted features that I wanted to see, and they were ultimately added to the program

Thunderbird

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

Outlook was getting slower as the number of emails grew. The only way to speed it up was to archive my old emails.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

eM client had more features
Jeffrey
  • Industry: Law Practice

Excellent product - excellent value

I have used eM Client since approximately version 3 or 4 and I use it daily

Pros

Easy to use and very flexible in the way I can search for emails

Cons

The sorting of contacts is not the best. Some are found in the contacts list, others are not. I am not sure why.

Rebeca

Tried to get support and was ignored

Reviewed on 25/4/2018

Pros

The software itself is good until you have a problem with it and need support. It's functional and easy to set up.

Cons

The customer support is non existent. They are in another time zone which totally clashes with American time zones, so they expect you to be on your computer at 5 in the morning to get help. When I complained about it, they ignored me completely and now my tickets will go unanswered.

Response from eM Client

Hello Rebeca, so far our support is located in Europe only, but we are trying hard to help every our customer from opposite time zones, even during our night hours, and even if they need remote assistance. Another remote assistance session with you is planned for today, 9 AM your time, so I believe this time everything will be all right.

Thank you, Peter.

Joel
  • Industry: Human Resources

Good Alternative to Outlook

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

I was having trouble getting Outlook to search GSuite mail since it is MAPI. eM Client solved that issue.

Pros

1. Searching is very easy in this product. You can find anything quickly. 2.
Multithreading conversations is off the charts. It's much better than Outlook. They have a window on the right where you can see all prior conversations. 3. The mail handling and searching features are superior to Outlook. 4. Works well with Google Apps. 5. Calendar functionality is almost as good as Outlook.

Cons

1. Contacts are weaker than Outlook. Takes a long time to load. Not overly user friendly. 2. Must store all mail history. In Outlook, Google has a sync download that limits the size of your total inbox.

Jonathan

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

Pros

easy to use, very similar to Outlook, the folder system

Cons

it seems to go "offline" alot and I have to shut down and restart the application. Also, has trouble sending emails with large attachments.

Response from eM Client

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the connection problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at [email protected] we can help you to resolve the problem.

Or you can contact me directly.
George

Andy

Fantastic Product

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

eM Client has been a great help to our school. it is very economical and easy to use.

Pros

eM Client works great. The updates continue to make it better. It has an integrated email client and calendar that help keep me organized. It works great with gmail.

Cons

Emails off the server still show up as unread even if they have been read and deleted from another application.

Chris
  • Industry: Design

Great Outlook Alternative

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

Pros

Honestly, it was the cost. I've been using the free version for years. It does all I need for email and calendar for my business. They update the free version about once a year and I've never had an issue with an update.

Cons

Limited to the number of email accounts it allows (I think it's 2) but that's only for the free version so I really can't complain.

Werner
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

My eM Client experience

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

Now that I have managed to use it properly after the latest update I start appreciating some of the new features.

Pros

It used to be easier in the beginning which is many years ago, as I get older I kind of resist change since it often ends up with problems (not just talking about your product)

Cons

Took me some time to figure out the latest changes when eM Client became colorful.

Richard
  • Used for 1+ year

eM Client provides ease of use and multiple features.

Reviewed on 20/4/2018

An easy to use email client for seniors.

Pros

The biggest thing I liked is it easily migrated Windows Live Mail. I am an IT consultant that was looking for a replacement for Windows Live Mail. eM Client's interface is fairly simple but powerful. Couple that with most of my clients qualify to use it for free and you have a great Windows Live Mail replacement.

Cons

Sometimes the free license seems to "get lost" and has to be entered again. Without even the free license, the software will not communicate with email servers. Another glitch seems to be that recently one of the rep of eM Client sent out emails to many of my customers claiming they were not using the software for personal use. At first, I assumed it was a scam but it was legitimate. All of the customers that use this software are retired and are not using it for commercial purposes. I do not know if this is an attempt to have them pay for it even though they are abiding by the terms of the free use.

zvika

love this email client!

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

Pros

Using it for all my gmail accounts - great integration with GMail. Allows me to review all unread emails (from multiple accounts) . I tried other free/home-use for my personal use but none worked for me.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to download email-contents. not sure why . it will be nice to speed up the email content for the "current" item (i assume you're updating all content...)

Charlie
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

eM Client - A Fantastic Gmail Client

Reviewed on 15/7/2021

I hate managing my email via the Web. I always have. eM Client makes managing my Gmail much, MUCH easier and I love the theming and aesthetic of the software.

Pros

I love the simplicity of set up and use of eM Client. It's easy to use but the feature set is robust. The PGP setup during the process of adding an account is a huge bonus.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about it. Earlier versions were a bit less stable, but they've got it running rock-solid now.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Nice email client

Reviewed on 27/12/2020

Except the search function I was pretty much satisfied. It worked well with the calendar and mostly it has very nice and clean design.

Pros

I liked the clean design and also the integration of calendar. Setting up is pretty easy as it imported my email accounts from Windows mail.
Main feature I was looking for was snoozing of emails, which worked fine.

Cons

Little problem or confusion I had with the "search" function. I think it did not work 100% well across all my accounts. Also the pricing was a bit strange. If I bought 1 license for a 1-time price, why I wouldn't get future upgrades? That means for me that if they issue a new version next year, my will be outdated and I would have to buy new license? I was looking for a one time payment software.

Easy to Use Alternative to Expensive Mail Clients

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

A great email client with a quick-and-dirty setup for basic needs.

Pros

eM Client was easy to set up and synced with most mail services with no problems.

Cons

Calendar features could use some work. Some advanced calendaring features (resources) a bit clunky or non-existent.

Kelsey
  • Industry: Public Policy

Awesome Full Featured Email Client

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Pros

EmClient is probably the best email client I have ever used. Aside from coming with a free license for use with one email account, the software has most of the features that are available in the expensive, mainstream software packages. Contact management, calendars that sync with most platforms, and the best email composing/editing features around are what make this software the best.

Cons

Sometimes the software lags, and becomes unresponsive, but that doesn't happen very often. Aside from that, the software is amazing.