QuickBooks Payroll

Mike B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

I'm a happy camper.

Reviewed on 17/5/2021

Very good to outstanding overall. The software itself is very good and keeps improving. Also, as the market leader, they have many local CPA's that integrates into the software as "local experts", so when I have a question I can typically ask my CPA firm and they can help, or whenever there has been a problem that they can't solve, they are able to contact support on my behalf. Overall the system works pretty well.

Pros

The payroll service is really easy overall. All the tasks that I use are quite simple to navigate around, including adding new employees, paying employees, and sending out payroll liability payments. These are what I do most often and they've been really simplified by Quickbooks.

Other functions that I use are payroll deductions (401k, etc), tracking sick/vacation time, and managing direct deposit.

Another feature I like (part of QB Online, not sure about Desktop), is that employees are emailed a link to join their payroll management website, where they can access payroll stubs, W2's etc. It has made managing a lot of the HR parts of hiring employees much more streamlined.

Cons

Not really a con, but I don't have any experience with any of the direct competitors, e.g. Freshbooks, Sage, Xero, etc., so I can't say if Quickbooks does anything better or worse than those others.

But what I can say is that I did switch from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online, which is a much better experience overall (although more expensive).

Bruce E.

They are so large now they make it difficult to speak with someone.

Reviewed on 30/4/2021

In the beginning the customer service was great, but over the years it has deteriorated. I still have on going issues where the mistaken filed my taxes under the wrong id number (the number was transposed) creating a issue with our Dept of labor unknow to me until years later. After, numerous calls, speaking to someone the issue is still a problem. Hey, mistakes happen lets just get it fixed. Now my employees have not received their pay, and now no one is available to let you know the issue.

Pros

When everything is good, things are great. But, when you have problem, (and you will sometime) they make it so difficult to get answers and issues resolved. When you a problem it will be a big issue and no one is around to help. You try chat, most of the time that doesn't resolve the issue, or question you may have. Have them call you back, that may or may not happen, but it won't happen in the time they indicate.

Its been a great run with Quickbooks Pro (paid more for better Full service) but it looks as if that is coming to an end. The icing on the cake for me was, not getting my employees paid on the date they were supposed to be, though receiving correspondence they would be paid. Trying to get answers to what the issue is, and you can't get a hold of anyone. That creates a game changer.

Cons

Software is great, but if you don't have customer service to support the software, the software become worthless. Because you will have issues and will need help.

Sarah G.

Quickbooks Assisted Payroll - Great for small businesses

Reviewed on 21/4/2021

Overall, it's been great for our company. As mentioned above, their customer service needs some help. Other than that, their payroll service has helped a tremendously, in keeping track of everything needed to comply to State and Federal filing and tax deadlines. I would recommended it as a tool to help ease the work for your payroll person in the office.

Pros

I like the ease of the payroll service. We have a small number of employees, yet prior to QuickBooks, sometimes quarterly payroll taxes were mis-calculated. With QuickBooks Assisted Payroll, we do not ever have to worry about sending in payments, as they are done for us automatically. W-2 are no longer a headache either, they are don't quickly and generated seamlessly.

Cons

When we do have issues, customer service is not to par. They stopped service many of their payroll services and when you do, you do get switched around a lot and many seem to not know the basics of payroll. - I wouldn't recommend their services if you need step by step help on processing your company payroll.

Ruben M.

Customer Service

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Quickbooks Payroll has been easy to use. We just recently started using Quickbooks for payroll. If I would have known how easy it was, I would have switched along time ago. I do not like change much, so if it works why switch. Quickbooks has been working well for our business.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. I love the simplicity of it. And When I have an issue chatting online instantly is amazing. Today I had an issue with our address since we moved our office and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing. He was genuine in asking how my day was and very understanding and friendly. He took care of my issue and made sure it would not come up again.

Cons

In the 5 years that we have been with quickbooks there is really nothing bad I can say about the software. It has been great for our business.

Xena B.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

effortless book keeping

Reviewed on 30/8/2018

experience with payroll is really cool, the software actually calculate the holdings and make life easy for me, definitely a robo accountant that i don't have to pay a salary to.
Over all experience : just love it and wish i had it from the beginning of my business. For new users, make use of support. Don't hesitate to call , ask questions , ask again if you have to they will walk you through it. Like i say be dumb and learn it . take the time to do so because the end result is amazing . knowing your finances is straight can save your life. aka....sleep well .

Pros

it keep track of your income and expenses by simply attaching your bank account.
almost does your tax return. lol
save a lot of time doing your data entry thus cost effective, no need for a special person to enter all your receipts etc
keep correct info on all money related transaction and balance your check book , can keep your spending and saving on check. I can make adjustments by just looking at my balance sheet. almost cool for idiots to use. :)
perfect

Cons

if i made a mistake and had to go hunting for the problem, but i can just call up support and let them know ( how stupid i was ) and they just fix it. so not really a con.
for invoicing however , can take a little polishing up especially if i am doing an estimate and need to send it out, i must be extra cautious.

Shawn R.

Quickbooks makes life easier

Reviewed on 19/9/2019

We can do all our invoicing and payroll in the same place. I don't have to have a million different programs going at once which makes things much quicker and more smooth.

Pros

I like that quickbooks offers an app so we can access our account even when we are working on the road. It is a very user friendly program

Cons

I have found that the help feature is not always helpful, but once I get connect to a person they always answer all of my questions.

Craig M.

Quickbooks wins again

Reviewed on 5/6/2020

Quickbooks has helped me to organize payroll and helped me to insure that PPP money has been used appropriately.

Pros

I really like how knowledgeable the customer service staff is. I am not an expert in payroll. Quickbooks customer service has been incredible at helping me to learn what needs to be done and where when it comes to payroll. I have many questions being a small business owner and quickbooks can usually answer any questions I have. Very happy with the service!!!!

Cons

Overall I am very happy with the software and customer support.

Davina S.

Disaster Averted

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

My payroll runs effortlessly every week and I really appreciate that my forms get filed with the appropriate offices and in a timely manner.

Pros

I really appreciate that payroll is an option with the software, there are many add ons and tools that make our job as business owners easier.

Cons

The only problem I have had has been the transfer to the new entity, I think there are a lot of different departments with a lot of different information. I was told that my information could be seamlessly transferred to a new company account and that was not the case.

Oliver C.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Quick books payroll

Reviewed on 16/3/2021

It freezes sometimes and slow in loading sometimes when you mix information.

Pros

Quick book payroll, this online payroll is super interesting and amazing actually this one is among the best.

Cons

Quick book payroll I am recommending this one mostly to small business and new ployees in different industry because it's easy to access .

Paul W.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Good software but calling support...yikes!

Reviewed on 16/4/2018

Pros

The software works flawlessly and was easy to set up. We never seem to have a payroll issue. Our accountant helps use when we don't know how to do something but we could probably find it on our own if we took the time.

Cons

The support department often ends up going to the wrong area or you need to speak to several people before getting to the right one. Each one needs to verify your information. The support department personnel usually have strong accents making conversations difficult.

Nicole O.

Wouldn't Change A Thing

Reviewed on 1/6/2020

The ability to do payroll myself, instead of having an outside company do it is of great value to me.

Pros

Ease of use, quick response to any issues or changes needed

Cons

Integration was easy, they walked us through everything step by step.

Heather O.

Love QBO

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Great so far! So user-friendly!

Pros

Easy to learn, and I absolutely LOVE the chat option for quick help! Thank you for making that available!

Cons

I wish QBO supported Deposits for Customers. There are some customers that we require 50% down for material before starting their job, and QBO doesn't support that. It's the more complicated part of this system since we have to "trick it" per-say.

Kevin B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

QuickBooks to the rescue

Reviewed on 30/5/2018

Pros

Quickbooks makes small business accounting and payroll a walk in the park. The user interface is well laid out and obviously carefully constructed.

Cons

Intuit customer service is poor at best and doesn't strive to win returning customers. Their Direct-to-Consumer pricing also is poorly managed and could use some enlightenment.

Barbara C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

New to online payroll

Reviewed on 26/2/2020

Pros

It is too soon to tell. I'm just setting up payroll. I do like to videos and community chat for answers to questions

Cons

It isn't quite intuitive, yet. I have to study each step. Once done, it's easier than the desktop version

Martha B.

Full Service Payroll

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

Quick and Easy with great customer support

Pros

Full Service Payroll offers superb customer support. Always thorough and always helpful!

Cons

The one thing that I would like to see is the Online version have the same type of reports as the desktop version. They are much easier to customize and read.

Matt D.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 30/5/2020

Pros

The ease of use is the main reason I like this software.

Cons

The price of this software goes up significantly once you put your time into it.

Edmund C.

Payroll

Reviewed on 1/4/2020

Due to support it is much better now.

Pros

Tech Support [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was outstanding and promotes what tech support should be....promote and compensate ahead of her peers....huge credit to your company

Cons

3rd Party software hour entry is cumbersome

Owen A.

Great Tool and Service

Reviewed on 17/2/2020

Love it!

Pros

Ease of use. It's really easy to navigate and it integrates well with other applications I use.

Cons

I really can't think of anything I don't like at this point. Ha! I'll be sure to let you know.

Nikki C.
  • Industry: Music

Smash Studios

Reviewed on 28/2/2020

Pros

Easy to maneuver the site without having to call in to ask.

Cons

You have to call multiple times to get something rectified. Customer Services gives you NOs immediately without looking into it. Very few do.

Nina T.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Jacob Lake Inn

Reviewed on 20/5/2020

I like the continuity of the same information and filing.

Pros

It is easy to use and fairly flexible. I like the convenience of full service.

Cons

Nothing in particular. It works quite well.

Karen J.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Use of Payroll

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

Pros

The software is user friendly and the payroll is very easy to process

Cons

I don't really have any issues with the product. I wish the Direct Deposit Limit increase was a little bit easier.

Ailyn mae E.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

with quickbooks payroll you can easily pay your employees

Reviewed on 17/11/2018

Pros

I like the features of this application. it is easy to use and you can save time in doing your payroll reports

Cons

Quickbooks customer services is very accomodating and they really expedite issues to solve it on time.

Joel G.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used for 1+ year

Very helpful online staff

Reviewed on 1/4/2020

One less thing to worry about when filing tax forms etc

Pros

User friendly program, staff very helpful and friendly when needed. Solution to the issues were handled very professionally.

Cons

nothing at this point, but if I do encounter any issues, I will definitely let you know

Alexandra S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Very good product!

Reviewed on 25/4/2018

Pros

What I like most about Quickbooks is it's simpleness. If you did your own payroll, you would know exactly what I'm talking about. Quickbooks payroll has been the easiest and most effective payroll tool I've utilized.

Cons

The only problem I would say I've had is that it sometimes lags. It can make my computer really slow at times and also, it crashes from time to time.

Alisha B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Payroll

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

The customer service is top notch. very knowledgeable staff.

Pros

It's very easy to use and it takes all the guess work out of everything!

Cons

Overall the pros outweigh the cons in my opinion