QuickBooks Payroll

Small business payroll platform

4.5 /5 (576 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.4
Melissa G.
Industry: Accounting

QBO Payroll is the easiest way to manage your small business payroll

Reviewed on 25/1/2019

If you are already a QBO user and have a small to medium work force this is the your best bet. It works within your existing QBO file, so no need for double entry and tax filing is an easy to follow step-by-step process.

Pros

No more double entry when you run payroll through your existing QBO file!

Cons

This might not be the right solution for larger companies who have greater HR needs then just cutting a paycheck each pay period, though it is not difficult to set up employee deductions for things like health care, retirement plans, etc.

Kimberly P.
Company size: Self Employed

Quickbooks Payroll don't be fooled

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

If you have a simple payroll this is not a terrible product. If you have employees in multiple states, I would not recommend.

Pros

The integration with Quickbooks online was a key factor. It is also very easy to use once the setup is complete.

Cons

The customer service is non-existent. I have a client that uses the full service payroll, and if there is an error where Quickbooks is at fault, it is impossible to ever get them to pay for the error, they will admit the responsibility, but they will not pay for the responsibility. The customer service is tiered so you never speak to a decision maker even when the error is a significant dollar amount. I had this issue in two cases. 1. Quickbooks processed a duplicate payroll costing my client $15,000+ and despite full documentation that they were responsible, they would not pay for the error. 2. I set up a new client on full service payroll with employees in the state of Nevada. QB did not support filing one of the taxes required for the state. They did not disclose this and admitted that they did not disclose at the beginning nor did they prompt the client to file the return when it came due. Quickbooks did take responsibility for the error by admitting it, but they would not take responsibility for the taxes and penalties.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Michael D.
Industry: Construction

Excellent Software & Customer Service

Reviewed on 22/5/2020

I've switched from ADP to Quickbooks Payroll. I really enjoy having all of my businesses extremities implemented under one system. It's basically a one-size fits all. I am able to print my own payroll checks and vendor checks when I want and not have to wait for shipping. I enjoy having that flexibility. I also enjoy the fact that I can implement labor into my project management to see our profit/loss in real time. Excellent service overall.

Pros

Quickbooks online has made it incredibly easy for me to run and maintain my business from an administrative standpoint. I am able to manage my business from an iPad, which gives me the freedom that I need to move around. It is easy to use with an incredibly intuitive user interface. I can track payments, invoices, project management, etc. I will continue using this software.

Cons

I do not particularly like the Quickbooks mobile application. I've found that it lacks features or is harder to navigate than the online platform. I'm able to pull up the online platform from my iPad, which is the direction I tend to go when using Quickbooks from a mobile device. I wish the mobile application more closely resembled the online web platform.

Sarah L.
Industry: Oil & Energy

QuickBooks Review

Reviewed on 14/2/2020

Personally I like quickbooks for the most part. My biggest issue is when I do call customer service for something I always get a different answer to the same question. It seems like most of the customer service reps don't actually know so they tell you what they think is right. It has been so frustrating that if [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] hadn't helped me I would have seriously considered another avenue then keeping quickbooks. I spoke with 6 different people about a corrections case and every time I was given conflicting information to the same question. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the only rep that has really known what he was talking about and took the time to call me the next day and resolve the issue while also providing with the email to verify he was correct. He did a great job and i truly appreciate him. The res of your reps I have spoken to since March really don't seem to know and when I mention that they are providing conflicting info they blame it on "oh well sorry that person was mistaken." That is not acceptable.

Pros

The ability to run payroll efficiently, early and make edits before payday if need be. Also printing previous pay checks and payroll summary is very helpful

Cons

some of the reports are more complicated than they need to be and the credit card sync is not fluid. it creates too many duplicates when there is a business credit account with multiple cards on the same credit account.

Agnieszka W.
Industry: Insurance

QuickBooks Payroll Review

Reviewed on 28/2/2020

Good but the items above have to be corrected for us to be completely satisfied.

Pros

We use the Intuit Full Service payroll. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful the other day spending many ous on the phone with me in efforts to correct our issue.

Cons

There are two CONS I want to mention. Both of them do not have to do with the service [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provided.
1 - it is very difficult to get a hold of a representative on the phone. We have desktop version of Quickbooks. The Intuit Full Service payroll advertises we should use a feature embedded in Quickbooks online to call speak to a representative. We do not have that option as we do not use the online version of the software. This needs to be attended to. No one wants to be on hold for 45 minutes to be able to talk to a representative.
2 - the IIF file import form Intuit Full Service payroll to desktop Quickbooks has a flaw. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I spent hours the other day talking to Quickbooks desktop people and although they found a fix, it was just one-time fix. Please, refer to the service ticket [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I were working on for details. This also requires immediate attention.

Anne R.
Industry: Automotive

#CJM

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

It's very easy to use and support are easy to contact and are very helpful.

Pros

We use Tsheets as well to integrate with QB payroll and i find the process to be very easy. Processing payroll as well as the cut off times are easy and excellent for our business.

Cons

The reporting on payroll is not sufficient, for instance, being able to run customized reports has not been easy. It would also be great to be able to have a secondary payroll user that doesn't have access to all the accounting as well.

Michael J.
Industry: Computer Software

Save the day!!

Reviewed on 21/2/2020

LMR saved me and my team getting paid and walked me through and entire process in one hour that took Surepayroll a month to do. And didn't even get it right.

LMR saved that day and it was so refreshing and easy to use and she was so knowledgeable and helpful and really went over and above what I could ask for. I can't believe I didn't sign up with Intuit payroll first. Now I know!

Pros

the UI, ease of use and how everything flows and is connected

Cons

I can't think of anything right now. So, I may have to get back to you.

Andrew S.
Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Best of the Best

Reviewed on 5/2/2020

Pros

Love using Quickbooks compared to everything else we've ever tried

Cons

Not really much, other than the learning curve, but they help out with that a ton. For example, I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] today who walked me through something I was having issues with. Great job!

Julie B.
Industry: Medical Practice

User Friendly

Reviewed on 10/3/2020

Pros

Customizable for my business, I like that some items are automatic.

Cons

I wish I could make 401k contributions and dhhr payments through quickbooks so that it was done automatically with payroll. I can make deductions but would love for them to be sent.

Yvette E.
Industry: Restaurants

I should have switched sooner!

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

I have used Intuit full payroll for years and have been very pleased with them. It was a no brainer to convert from desktop and integrate full payroll with the online quickbooks. Now I can so everything within one program and have assess to my banking transactions! First thing I must say is if you are moving from desktop/intuit full payroll like me, then be ready to back off and let the teams do their jobs. Then dig in and learn the minor changes that are on the software. The customer service has been the best and very helpful!

Pros

I like that it is so accessible and easy. Having been a long time customer of Intuit payroll with my desktop quickbooks the integration of both together has made my life easier!

Cons

The process was more complicated and took longer than I anticipated. I expected my intuit full payroll service to quickly convert to the QBO full payroll. Clearly there are things I cannot see and did not know that took longer. Over all the transition has been very positive. This isn't really a "con" but I would advise future customers to make sure their desktop is completely up todate before they export, then set the desktop version aside and run with the online version. It will simplify your bookkeeping by hours!!!

Gregorio C.
Industry: Management Consulting

Very Good Product for Most Situations (with certain reservations)

Reviewed on 29/1/2020

Generally, customer service is excellent. However, one client with a less-than-perfect record of NSF situations for direct deposit (two incidents in two years due to error, not fraud or deceit) has been severely (and in my opinion, unreasonably) penalized by the QB Payroll Risk Team. In both cases, the funds were supplied the same day, and the client paid a fine. The last incident was more than a year ago, and the risk team still requires that the client submit payroll five banking days before the direct deposit date. On weeks with Monday holidays, employees must wait until the following Tuesday to receive their pay. Of course, the remedy is to never, ever make mistakes with direct deposit funds.

Pros

QuickBooks Online and TSheets interface. Customer service and problem resolution are generally excellent, with well-trained and proficient agents taking calls or on chat. (See below for a specific situation description.)

Cons

QBO and TSheets do not track projects at any sub-level, such as task or milestone, so employee expenses allocated to projects require painful, manual Excel manipulation to bill clients based upon task or milestone accomplishments. Who ever heard of a project without tasks or milestones?

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Theresa W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Customer Service

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

Overall it has been easy to use

Pros

Online customer service features/chat option and being able to integrate with QuickBooks software.

Cons

Some of the updates can be frustrating as well as the importing features (lost files, duplicate files, etc).

John J.

QuickBooks Payroll Support

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

More time to focus on the business.

Pros

Ease of use and peace of mind with timely filings and top notch support.

Cons

Would like to be able to classify payroll items by employee.

Rae K.

QuickBooks Full Service Payroll Rocks

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

QuickBooks Full Service Payroll has saved me a great deal of time and has assured the accuracy of my Payroll Work. Time saved is money earned and accuracy results in client satisfaction.

Pros

Full Service Payroll is easy to use and it is priced competitively. I like the fact that there are informed Tech Support individuals available when I need a question answered or need help. Today, #CJM was able to help me by quickly adding a payroll item so I could complete my QBO payroll processing in short order. I also like the fact that I do not have to worry about the calculation of or the timing of payroll deposits.

Cons

I do not have any negative comments about Full Service Payroll.

Everardo A.

Payroll Product

Reviewed on 11/3/2020

Excellent Experience

Pros

Easily to use and works great with my clients needs

Cons

I been real happy with the software. Works great for all my clients needs.

Industry: Insurance
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Using Intuit for Payroll

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

I like QuickBooks Payroll because it keeps us all on track with alerts and aware of when payday is. We haven't come across many issue with it, but when we do, customer service response time is not very quick.

Pros

I get an email every time i need to submit my hours, and every time my pay is direct deposited. There is a link to my paystub as well.

Cons

Customer service is hard to reach & the enrollment process is lengthy (atleast it was for my company).

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Valerie F.
Industry: Facilities Services

Payroll

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

Excellent customer service!

Pros

They are very helpful and answering all my questions!

Cons

Only complain is reaching right person to talk to. They transfer me alot and I will get sorry Im not the right person to talk to.

Kevin B.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Payroll

Reviewed on 20/5/2020

I have had very good experience with the Quickbooks payroll software. It is easy for a beginner to use and navigate. The customer service is excellent and very responsive.

Pros

This feature is easy to use. I am not that confident when it comes to accounting, but this software is easy to use and the customer service is excellent. If I can successfully use this software, then anyone can.

Cons

It took a little getting used to the difference in the online version vs. the desktop version. It looks totally different.

John S.
Industry: Real Estate

Amazing Support!!

Reviewed on 1/4/2020

Pros

ease of use, online access,...the telephone support was fast and efficient. Very helpful when I can't find solution on my own online (which is also very good)

Cons

This product continues to evolve and be better everytime I log on!

Randall C.
Industry: Legal Services

Quick books w/Payroll for small office

Reviewed on 4/5/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

For my small office quickbooks does it all — think o could find the payroll for a lesser expense

Pros

It has all the information necessary to do the financial and payroll for my small office and provides lots of information

Cons

The pricing for the payroll is a little high for 2 employees— believe there are other services which would provide similar services with less work for less money.

Industry: Automotive

Quickbooks Review

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

My experience with QuickBooks Payroll has been great. I can view paychecks at any time and also see the money i am about to get in the salary and also see the days i am getting paid for.

Pros

It's a great software to view your paychecks and tax forms. You can create an account and you can view your paychecks for any time range and also the total amount delivered to your bank in that particular paycheck and till the present time. You can also download any paycheck at anytime and also change your bank information. You can also see the number of days you are getting paid for.

Cons

Your company/organisation you work for, creates your account and enters data on the site. You can just view your paychecks and edit tax related information.

Kady B.

QuickBook

Reviewed on 14/2/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Simple to navigate, one user-friendly system. The software's alleviate the use of multiple tables, spreadsheets, and tracking sheets necessary to document and maintain accounting tasks at a company

Cons

On the downside, if you use the online version of QuickBooks instead of the on-premises software program, you run the risk of exposing important financial information to Internet hackers.

Nadeem A.
Industry: Hospitality

great agen

Reviewed on 10/6/2020

I would like to thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
Service & Support Specialist, Small Business & Self Employed Group. she was very helpful in helping me figure out my needs on payroll. thank you again for your help.

Nadeem

Pros

ease of use and very helpful in doing my job.

Cons

little over priced speacially now that most of the businesses are out of business due to Covid 19.

Xa V.
Industry: Medical Devices

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome!

Reviewed on 2/3/2020

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Pros

Customer service support is great! I just got done chatting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about adding a deduction and he was easy to talk with, friendly and got what I needed to be done quickly. I had a positive experience.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Brian C.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great Support!

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in customer support was excellent in helping me. I see this a lot with the support team. They will stay on until the problem is solved.

Pros

I do not know all of it yet, but seems to integrate well with my business

Cons

Some of the search functions do not get me right where I need to go