HubSpot Marketing Hub Reviews

HubSpot Marketing Hub

4.5 (5,954)
Write a Review!
All in one inbound marketing platform

(5,954)

Brent W
Brent W

Love HubSpot Marketing Hub - Dislike the way they handle contacts

Reviewed on 29/4/2021

My overall experience was positive and it covered 99% of our requirements.

My overall experience was positive and it covered 99% of our requirements.

Pros

HubSpot is fantastic and the MarketHub handles everything we do including Social Media, Ads, and emails. I love that we can easily create landing page that work with an email, track users and even add a code to our website to track where users have been on our site (Registered users)

Cons

The way they use contacts made the product VERY expensive. I would prefer to see a large bucket of users along with a way to keep users in our account when we don't use them for marketing. It was a significant cost to load users and then never market to them. I understand they maybe making some changes at this time but we chose to leave because of this cost.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Marketing Hub

The cost of HubSpot was the only reason we switched

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

It was the easiest to use
MD Masoom
MD Masoom
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great Marketing Automation Platform.

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

Overall my experience with HubSpot is amazing. I am using it on a daily basis and found it very helpful for my work. I am using it for campaign creation, campaign management, bulk emails sending to customers and new prospects, tracking emails, bounce rates, open rate, click rates which is a very amazing feature and accurate. I love the way I can manage all data and information which in it and fetching reports and creating dashboards is very easy and very informative in it.

Pros

I like HubSpot easy to use user interface and powerful marketing automation feature the most. I love HubSpot mobile app which is very easy to use and effective, because of this now anyone can access their HubSpot account from anywhere easily with their mobile app and on the other hand I like their dashboard reports and email tracking system too.

Cons

There is one thing that I dislike about it and want to highlight it which is HubSpot is a little bit expensive but I can say also that this platform is worth to spend.

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

We choose HubSpot Marketing over Pardot because of its powerful automation features and amazing mobile app. We choose Hubspot because they have a strong customer support team which is very responsive.
Samba
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Kindly like 👍

Reviewed on 5/6/2024

It's was great and I like it only the payment is small

It's was great and I like it only the payment is small

Pros

Hi HubSpot marketing Hub it's a pleasure to work with you

Cons

Infact the payment is very small, it's better than not

Beatriz
  • Used for 6-12 months

With HubSpot I simplified my marketing strategy and unified my team, tools and data in one...

Reviewed on 17/4/2018

Answering some messages, sending welcome messages, or being able to send certain emails can be very time consuming and tiring if done manually. In fact, in cases where the volume of users is too large, it could be impossible. The best solution to these problems is using HubSpot

Pros

With the automation of marketing, we rely on the behavior to customize emails, content and offers.
Automate email campaigns to help our prospects move through the funnel and generate more qualified sales opportunities.

It also creates extraordinary emails without having to modify codes. You choose between a dozen activations, conditions and actions to send the appropriate emails to the right sales opportunities at the right time.

But the best thing of all is that each workflow that it generates can be linked to a clear objective, so that we will always know if our emails work correctly. Also, because workflows are part of the fully integrated marketing platform, it also has the tools to grow and replenish our database as contacts leave the list naturally over time.

Cons

The marketing aumatixación can become a complex process apart from the economic expense generated by its use. Also when there are so many tools we run the risk of focusing on paying attention to one and leaving out many automated marketing opportunities and we would be paying for functions that we do not use.
In addition, all the tools for automated marketing have their fundamental basis in the segmentation of leads, and their function is to gather information about these users in order to deliver certain content.
And the problem with this is that often this information is not always accurate enough and could lead us to deliver content to unsuitable people at the wrong time and, then, not get anything to help us, or the client in his decision-making or the brand in its growth.

Response from HubSpot

Hello Beatriz!

Thank you for taking the time to write this thorough review - we really appreciate your feedback!

I am really glad to hear that the platform has been helpful in unifying your marketing team's strategy, tools, and data in one place! It sounds like you are making great use of the Workflows tool to do business easier and faster!

As far as room for improvement - I'd love to dig in deeper to some of the specific issues you have been facing. Specifically, when you speak about your feeling that you may prioritizing certain tools within HubSpot while neglecting other ones - do you find this is something that happens often? Do you need to remind yourself to invest time in the other tools? Would it be helpful if HubSpot reminded you periodically about the other tools at your disposal or would this prove to be more annoying than helpful?

If you would like to continue the conversation, feel free to email me and we can keep talking!

Carl

Brianna
Brianna

Professional Marketing Hub - Great But Very Expensive

Reviewed on 26/2/2024

Good, user friendly, automated, and appreciate being able to integrate with almost all (if not all) of the other tech stack elements we use.

Pros

All in all--Hubspot's Marketing Hub (Professional suite) is fantastic. you can integrate landing pages, blogs, social media, email marketing and campaigns, and design / track your SEO strategy all on one platform. It's relatively user friendly (once you have your team trained to use it) and Hubspot's industry status means that it can be integrated with *most* other apps, platforms, or services.

Cons

It's wildly expensive. We're currently leveraging a great startup discount for the Marketing Hub--once that discount is finished, we may not be able to justify the great all-in-one solution for the cost. Instead, we'll look to hack together a similar solution with varied 3rd party apps. A headache to be sure, but Hubspot's full cost Marketing suite is really only designed for large-scale enterprise use. (The cost is astounding.)

Klaviyo and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

Have previous experience using the Professional Marketing Hub with another team and knew its full capacities were what we wanted and planned to use.
Elli
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Essential for our marketing efforts!

Reviewed on 23/5/2024

Pros

Love Hubspot, been using it for years through various roles. I currently use it mainly for uploading blogs and landing pages. Super easy UI makes everything effortless. I usually just clone previous blogs and copy and past my new content in, Hubspot does the rest of the work for you. They always end up looking super slick on the website. In terms of landing pages it's also great, easily editable month to month when you're changing a landing page for a monthly event. You can just add your new links in, or new forms. Really easily adaptable and a great programme to work with.

Cons

It's not the easiest to pick up as a beginner, mainly because the amount of functionalities it has is so large. But this can all be learnt.

Vince
  • Industry: Textiles

Great for more than just marketing!

Reviewed on 30/5/2024

Pros

We love using HubSpot Marketing hub for all of our sales team. It's very easy to track and navigate leads as well as keep our current customers up to date on the latest and greatest we have to offer.

Cons

The cost for HubSpot is a bit high for the number of reps we have but it's the cost of doing business.

• Industry: Market Research

Getting more expensive

Reviewed on 25/4/2024

Pros

I like that we can reports and send marketing emails and setup marketing automations.

Cons

The least thing I like most about HubSpot is, it's getting more and more expensive. To the point, that we will have to move our CRM elsewhere.

Laura
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

HubSpot Marketing Hub's Features are Powerful

Reviewed on 22/4/2024

Pros

HubSpot Marketing Hub has been a reliable automation solution for marketing purposes.
I love the sensational capabilities of HubSpot Marketing Hub.

Cons

HubSpot Marketing Hub has been excellent. I do not have complains.

• Industry: Sports

HubSpot Marketing Hub Review from a regular user

Reviewed on 29/4/2024

Overall great, helps me to capture leads through forms, landing pages, and calls to action embedded on my company's website. Also helps me to automate repetitive marketing tasks, such as sending follow-up emails, scheduling social media posts, and triggering workflows based on user behavior.

Pros

It provides me a centralized platform for managing multiple marketing activities, eliminating the need for using separate tools or platforms for different tasks.This streamlines workflows and improves efficiency for marketing teams.

Cons

Hubspot is a bit pricy tool, and it takes quite amount of time to learn this platform efficiently

Sean

CRM Powerhouse

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

I've been using Hubspot Marketing Hub for over a year now across multiple businesses of all shapes and sizes. What they all value is the advanced automation. Having an all-in-one website and CRM platform integrated with their social media, blog, sales pipeline etc, etc... All of their contacts are in one place with extensive information on their interactions with the brand - what content they are actively engaged with. It's truly valuable for medium to large businesses looking to utilise data and automation in their business.

Pros

Excellent CRM for sales and automation. Innovative workflow triggers allow for nearly any automation solution you can think of. Assigning tasks to sales team members, automatically moving deals to different stages of the pipeline, automating emails and communications. Hubspot is an advanced and genuinely useful software for marketers in particular.

Cons

Considering these advanced features, it can be quite expensive. So it's not for every business.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Marketing Hub

Having tried Campaign Monitor and Salesforce in the past, neither programs have the level of detail when it comes to sales automation, SEO or contact management. They excel in other areas, but are inferior products from a technical perspective.

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

Hubspot is technically more advanced, offers more features and a holistic marketing package in comparison to Salesforce or Campaign Monitor. The advanced automation tools alone make it the better choice in my opinion and I have used them all.
Brad
Brad
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Fantastic for e-mails. Forms and landing pages need some TLC.

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

Overall, Hubspot's marketing hub has been of great benefit to our organization. The only thing stopping from me giving it full marks is that certain aspects of the hub need to be expanded. For instance, the form system doesn't allow you to remove form submissions, and even though many people have requested that functionality on the HubSpot ideas board, it has been tagged as "not planned" for over a year now. I am puzzled as to why their otherwise highly flexible form system has a few shortcomings that mean it can't remove our need for Gravity Forms or other solutions. The call to action button builder is also not as customizable as I would like, although with some HTML knowledge it's easy to get around this issue.

Pros

It's very easy for anyone to make a beautiful-looking e-blast to send to a mailing list. Managing lists is also very easy and flexible. The default e-mail templates are beautiful and easy to customize, and the drag and drop interface for e-mails is very easy to use and highly customizable.

Cons

Some parts of the marketing hub, such as the Form builder, need a little work. Some features available in Wordpress's Gravity Forms plugin, for instance, are not available in Hubspot (e.g. conditional logic for showing certain form elements such as text boxes, etc.) The landing page editor is also not as easy to use as the e-mail builder, and I'm not sure why it wasn't designed with the same drag and drop system as the email builder.

ChamberMaster

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Marketing Hub

HubSpot does everything MailChimp can if you are only sending e-mails. If you are using MailChimp to create postcard ads, graphics, etc. you may need to continue using MailChimp.

Mailchimp
  • Industry: Banking

Great application to manage new leads from customer

Reviewed on 1/6/2020

It was great while we used to follow up with email campaign and leads. The use can be challenging if you are very sure of your business needs so I will recommend finding to HubSpot or a marking agency you trust who can help you finding exactly what kind of tools you will need to use to reach expectations and conversions

Pros

We used the service in our office get leads from some of our landing and referral websites. We received a lot of leads and it was hard to follow up with just a mail chimp our a google form and we needed automation to convert them to new customers. HubSpot helped us to managed the new leads and we were able to compare our campaigns with other cases similar to us that used this service so it increased out sales by 150%.

Cons

The service is expensive and you have to make sure all your team is dedicated to the training. Its a very different approach to follow up on leads and email marketing than other services so training is very important.

Marketo Engage

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Marketing Hub

We changed marketing agency and they used a different service.

Marketo Engage

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

We got the recommendation from our marketing agency
Aarón
Aarón
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

HubSpot Marketing Hub helps companies grow

Reviewed on 9/6/2022

Thanks to HubSpot we have had more prospects so that they can become leads and later become long-term customers. In its free version we can add a lot of contacts, unlimited users, and access has no time limit, the Features that stand out the most in HubSpot are sales funnel management, which consists of having a trusted third party express their experience with my service or product, automatic recording of all activities, unified contact information, and conversations with leads and customers.

Pros

I like it because it is a CRM that helps me automate marketing, sales, and service processes, the goal of HubSpot marketing hub is to help marketers develop inbound marketing strategies. HubSpot allows me to control my marketing and sales actions in the same place, allowing me to have a global vision of all my potential clients: their name, their phone number, their address, the company, which are the business opportunities they are managing, etc. I can also associate this platform with social networks, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and with our website, to open an account I can fill out the form or I can open it automatically with a Google account.

Cons

Something that I don’t like about HubSpot in general is the support team, they give very generic answers that on many occasions does not solve my problems and this is time consuming, they should train the support team more.

Mike

HubSpot is our go-to for Marketing Automation

Reviewed on 22/7/2022

Overall we have been very happy using HubSpot Marketing Hub and it gets the job done. We are not looking for another solution, so that says a lot that we're more than satisfied with its performance.

Pros

Setup is easy, support is there if and when you need it and the system just does the job. We use it as a CRM and sale automation platform and it has performed better and more efficiently than others we've used over the last 2 decades in business.

Cons

I would like to ability to make greater changes to the platform display so it outlines the exact customer / company information needed at a particular time.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Marketing Hub

Looking to get a great system at a better price, and to try something different after 10 years.

Salesforce Platform

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

Easier integration, good support and overall
Eunice

Robust and Affordable

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

I’m SO glad I listened to my implementation team. I’ve tried several other platforms that were at least 3x as expensive for less functionality. Since moving to Hubspot, we simplified our tech stack which helped us save money and make money without all the fuss that other apps created. It’s a must have for small businesses that don’t mind spending the time to implement the RIGHT tool.

Pros

Hubspot is the all in one marketing and CRM solution I didn’t know my company needed. Though it’s not necessarily intuitive at first, the learning curve led to a major payoff quickly now that we have our website, lead magnets and funnels all set up it’s a magical suite of simply integrated functions that make life so much easier.

Cons

Unfortunately Some of the website and landing page templates lack creativity and can be a bit buggy. It’s also sometimes difficult to remember where certain functions live but the integration with other apps and seamless connections within the portal make up for the 5 seconds of confusion.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and SamCart

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Marketing Hub

Click funnels was too expensive and did not integrate easily with other apps in our tech stack.

ClickFunnels

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

Pricing and ease of use were top factors
Joseph

One of My Favorite Day-to-Day Tools

Reviewed on 1/4/2023

Generally, Hubspot helps me accomplish a lot in my day to day. It helps generate leads for my business and orchestrate a lot of complex marketing activities. It has its hiccups and limitations but generally support is good as well.

Pros

Hubspot is very easy to use and intuitive. I am constantly creating new workflows, creating new contact properties, and setting up marketing campaigns and lead-capture events. I think its a tool that looks nice and I enjoy working with it daily for the most part. Would recommend for those who will be doing email marketing, social media advertising, lead generation, list building, complex marketing orchestration or ABM, and things of that nature.

Cons

The biggest con is battling our email delivery health and quarantined contacts. The lead scoring, list building, reporting, workflow triggers, and some of the lead tracking have limitations. There are a few pieces of functionality that I need that is not in the system. But every business is different and it can be hard to cater to the thousands of use cases necessary for everyone. We can mostly survive without these things even though we'd prefer them. Also, our integration with SalesForce got messy pretty fast so maintenance is a must.

Mailchimp and Marketo Engage

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

Easy to set up, seemed less complex, and had reasonable pricing.

The last marketing tool you'll need

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

I think the marketing hub plus the sales hub are priceless if integrated well. The best results from campaigns I ever had is when we were able to use this tool across the whole company.

Pros

Hubspot allows all your marketing efforts to be managed as an easy CSM to power all the lead and customer information as a CRM. The automation and event triggering with the product work wonders once its done well.

Cons

It can feel expensive if the rest of the company is not using its products as you need to create a hybrid model to track everything and that makes it sometimes worthless

Pipedrive and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

I had already have excellent past experiences using hubspot and I know exactly how to execute my marketing playbook with it. Also its support is fantastic. Super easy to get ahold of them and resolve any issue.
Brian

An incorporated way to deal with marketing materials

Reviewed on 21/5/2019

Hubspot has enabled me to work in a composed and quick way, without bringing about any mishaps....

Today I have 3 accreditations supported by this stage and I truly comprehend and apply the Inbound Marketing system that is the fundamental base of Hubspot.

It is astounding to deal with the site of the organization where I work and I trust that the expense/item proportion is reasonable. Picking Hubspot as our essential work instrument has been an incredible choice.

Pros

The genuine estimation of HubSpot Marketing is the reconciliation of each promoting stage. Blogs, email, landing pages, workflows, work processes and more can without much of a stretch be made - and incorporated - for a simple to utilize, across the board promoting entryway.

Fundamentally, my organization utilizes HubSpot to rapidly construct and distribute blog entries. With the inherent online life apparatus, you can without much of a stretch offer the blog entry to your crowds. At that point, you can repurpose the substance you previously made for an email battle.

Another most loved component: you can create beautiful landing pages. With this, you can make delightful presentation pages that make it simple for clients to change over to a deal, or showcasing qualified lead.

Another extraordinary component is the examination instrument. You can see the presentation of each showcasing component in one nitty gritty dashboard. This encourages you see what's working - and so forth. This truly helped my organization put their advertising dollars where they're most powerful and effective.

Cons

There's only a couple of disadvantages to HubSpot, from my point of view.

HubSpot works best when you can create a lot of substance. HubSpot is extraordinary at making your substance lovely and compelling, however in case you're not delivering content, you won't get the full esteem.

Second, the valuing level for HubSpot can be somewhat steep for private companies without optional salary. I'd state the administration is as yet justified, despite all the trouble, yet the speculation requires talk and responsibility from the group to be an extraordinary venture.

Ultimately, HubSpot requires an on boarding charge with each new contract. Presently, this on boarding expense isn't enormous, yet this was a hindrance for passage for my organization when we initially joined. The on boarding process unquestionably helped my group take advantage of HubSpot, be that as it may, as I stated, it was a slight obstacle for the group while considering HubSpot.

• Industry: Higher Education

Great Marketing Automation Software for the Small Business or Educational Institution

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

Hubspot is an affordable marketing automation solution that works well for our small team. While it lacks some of the features or usability of its more expensive competitors, the tools can be leveraged to powerfully enhance the reach of a small marketing and admissions/sales team. The Hubspot Academy is a treasure trove of valuable educational and inspirational resources. For a small business/institution exploring marketing automation, Hubspot is a phenomenal place to begin.

Pros

Hubspot provides a self-service marketing automation solution that allows us to expand our admissions team exponentially by building workflows of automated emails, text messaging, and direct mail (with third-party integrations) that are triggered by a variety of criteria. It allows us to be sure that every prospect is receiving regular communication from our office, allowing the admissions reps to focus on only the leads that demonstrate the highest likelihood of enrollment.

Cons

Limitations within the tool require a variety of workarounds, some of which are laborious. Duplicate entries are common due to Hubspot using email as the unique identifier (Hubspot has added a contact ID to help address this, along with tools to sort through duplicates). Hubspot's workflow tool is basic by comparison with some of the more costly and sophisticated marketing automation solutions.

Price
Suyen
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy-to-use complete tool

Reviewed on 13/2/2020

The hubspot marketing hub have been really helpfull for my team, it contains almost everything that we need to make the ideas of the marketing team come true. It was so easy to learn, and it have an impresive documentation that helps even more to the developers to use hubspot on it's maximun potential. The reports tool, the chatbot, the meeting links, the chat support, the workflows, trhe mailing service and of course the CRM, has made our work absolutely easy and has increase the effectivity of our campaigns considerably.

Pros

I really like the easy and practical flow used to take an idea to a live page. I mean, is so easy to make a template, preview it in different devices and resposive sizes, then make a sandbox and send it to your approvers and finnaly take it live in less than a minute. That flow helps our team to reduce the time-to-market a lot, and thats really valuable.

Cons

May be the code editors embed in the Hubpot design tool , could be improved. Actually is a little hard to code in it, because its like a simple text editor. As a developer I would love to see more tools, helpers, code colors, debugging and another features like that into the code editors of hubspot. I know those are little deatils, but they could make the difference.

ravindu
ravindu

Personal Review of HubSpot Marketing Automation

Reviewed on 19/12/2020

HubSpot Marketing Hub dominates in our email promoting gathering. The email formats help get you through the cycle of email creation in a proficient style. HubSpot additionally has imposing contact with the executives and mix with an assortment of web-based media devices. Notwithstanding the computerization and email advertising capacities of this item, the organization additionally dispatched a client relationship with the executives (CRM) arrangement in HubSpot CRM just as an assistance work area offering. The entirety of the highlights of HubSpot CRM is fused into HubSpot Marketing Hub. While the combination between these contributions could be more grounded, it's something the organization keeps on improving. HubSpot is extremely near a start to finish client confronting showcasing and backing suite that may give organizations like Salesforce a run for their cash.

Pros

HubSpot Marketing Hub, which begins at $50 every month, is an incredible all-around promoting mechanization membership administration that ends up coordinating an assortment of CRM, email advertising, and deals arrangements. Considered by numerous individuals to be a spearheading item in its class, it can satisfy the requirements of little to medium size organizations (SMB) hoping to set their advertising arrangement center. While it is expensive, HubSpot Marketing Hub offers an exhaustive list of capabilities and multifaceted arrangements portfolio that encourages it stands its ground against driving items in the classification. It is tantamount to Salesforce Pardot, which alongside HubSpot, is an Editors' Choice for showcasing robotization. The organization offers a quickly developing programming portfolio that is complete regardless of whether it requires a precarious expectation to absorb information for new clients.

Cons

The Enterprise plan costs $3,200 every month (charged yearly). It gives you admittance to 10,000 contacts, income detailing, custom occasion robotization triggers, and vast mission revealing. You can add HubSpot's free Sales and CRM apparatuses to move contact information into the deals and administration channel for essential requirements. You can likewise pay to turn on HubSpot's further developed Sales and CRM instruments should you require further developed highlights.

My Experience with HubSpot Marketing Automation Platform as a HubSpot Partner Agency

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Knowledge and Insight. Knowlege is power and having insight into all activities your marketing, sales and business development team implement is extremely powerful in knowing where to tweak things and where you excel.

Shooting blindly from the hip on massive marketing campaigns is extremely expensive and rarely effective for increasing your ROI.

But with the knowledge and insight, the HubSpot MAP provides you, you always know what you're doing, why you're doing it, the ROI of your campaigns and where you are lacking.

Not having to rely on the complexity of Google Analytics or manual entry of Excel is a huge time and money saver. You also don't have to have a million different tools, software and extensions to try to piece together your marketing strategy, analytics and results. This eliminates about 90% of all the tools you are paying for and using and brings it all into one single platform. Not to mention that it's merely impossible to get all the third-party tools and integrations to talk to each other to give you one bottom line result.

With the HubSpot MAP's benefit of cutting hours and labor basically pays for the cost of the software itself.

Knowledge is power and time is money.

Pros

Obviously, as it's stated in its name, but the Automation part of the platform. The workflows, lists, how a published blog with automatically distribute your blog via your social media accounts, the analytics of how well your strategy, content, and workflows are working, etc. are all exceptional qualities to the HubSpot MAP.

The abundance of features and abilities available to a user is endless and always being updated, upgraded or enhanced.

I love how the HubSpot MAP is 100% synced with the HubSpot CRM and CMS. In fact, since they are open to third-party integrations, you can enhance any or all of the features given to you all throughout the HubSpot system.

Cons

From experience in teaching the software to our clients, it can be an overwhelming learning curve. Especially for the CEOs and people in non-related marketing departments that have to learn to use the system as well, since it is meant to effect a company as a whole, obviously in a positive way.

As stated above, HubSpot MAP is open to third-party integrations to better your user experience and insights into your marketing performance. The only downside to that is the budget. If you're a startup company, purchasing the HubSpot MAP and platform is expensive by itself. And when you add on purchasing other third-party integrations to get all the features you want, can be extremely costly or just over-budget in general.

The other feature I would like to see HubSpot improve is their Social Media Platform, included in the HubSpot MAP. Yes, you can schedule tweets in bulk or a month's worth of social media posts for the next month, but in reality, it is very time-consuming. Especially for a feature that is meant to cut the manual labor out of your day.

One reason for this is because you have to create a customized shortened tracking URL, located in a different area of the platform, to place into each social media message. That means a separate URL for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Google+, all for the same message. Now imagine having to do that for social media posts for the next week. It does get exhausting. That is one area you would want to get a third-party integration.

hannah

Wildly convenient because every marketing tool I need is in one place

Reviewed on 24/4/2018

I have access to all the major marketing tools and all the education I need to make sure I understand the market and how to better connect with my audience. HubSpot is a great tool that helps businesses reach their goals and grow by growing their online presence.

Pros

I like that it hosts literally everything you need tool wise to help you execute your marketing strategy. Having the blogging and social sharing platforms in one place has been extremely easy to use. They truly set you up for success by having tons of resources, checklists, etc. available so that you know how to market and connect with your audience.

Cons

Specifically for the software, I do not understand the Design Manager. This directly affects your marketing because if you are editing a template so that it is unique for the campaign you are working on you have to use the design manager. I think it is confusing to anyone who does not understand coding. The old design manager made way more sense to me. Looking at HubSpot as a product it is not convenient that their tier metric is contacts and the annual payment is inconvenient. As a HubSpot partner, we sell this to customers and lose a bunch of them because the annual price or we lose customers from going to Pro rather than basic because the contact metric will screw them over and they will wind up paying more.

Response from HubSpot

Hello Hannah!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review - we appreciate you giving us feedback on our product!

I am so happy to hear that you have been so happy with the software up to this point - it sounds like you are doing an amazing job at using all the tools available to you!

As far as room for improvement - I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the new Design Manager, it can definitely be a bit overwhelming to a new user, particularly one who does not understand coding. We are working on producing more instructional content to help with this process but, in the meantime, here is one article that has some helpful instructions as well as links to other helpful pieces of content (https://designers.hubspot.com/blog/introduction-to-the-design-manager).

I would love to talk more about this and the other issues you have brought up. If you are open to it, please reach out to us at the email provided.

Thank you again for the review Hannah!

Tyson
Tyson

Great, But Not The End All, Be All

Reviewed on 17/9/2015

I've been using Hubspot for about 15 months now.

It is great software.

I love how it consolidate...

I've been using Hubspot for about 15 months now.

It is great software.

I love how it consolidates so many different services into one platform and makes it easy to get the analytics for that data.

Now I don't have my blog in one place, my email marketing software somewhere else, my landing page software somewhere else, etc.

It's all in one platform, consolidated, and fairly easy to use.

Pros

Their support answers questions fairly quickly and accurately.

They are always coming out with new features.

Cons

Limited.

Hubspot allows you to filter out visitors so they don't skew your analytics. Great.

However, you can't filter out countries.

Even though, they know based on the IP address the country of the person who submits a form or visits a site, they can't filter it out (won't filter it out). Even though all my clients are from the US, visitors from India who visit my site and try to sell me stuff all the time are skewing my analytics and making it look like my conversions are higher than they really are. Can't filter out by country.

You also can't change the source of a lead.

True story:
I host podcast. A listener stumbled upon my podcast, went online, googled my name and found my website.

Hubspot now classifies this as an 'organic lead'. The worst part is I can't change it. I've brought this up with Hubspot, and they said that they don't allow it to be changed 'to protect the integrity of the data'..... Hmm. So they'd rather have incorrect data than wrong data? So forever my analytics will be off because I can't change the source.

This happens also on referrals. Somebody is referred to me, they then google my name or business and fill out a contact form, and Hubspot classifies it as organic, but really, it's not. (They don't even have a field for referral in the source).

Another downside is you can't create your own lead status. So, if you get a lead to your site, and they will never buy (say they are a spammer of competitor or former customer you had a falling out with), you can't change their status to say for example:

No Opportunity-Former Client
No Opportunity-Marketing Agency
No Opportunity-Spammer

This is just the tip of the iceberg as far as cons.

Still even with all these cons. they offer a great product. That said, for the price and these limitations, I will be looking around when I am close to up on my agreement.