BrainCert

Eddie
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Great concept and *mostly* stable

Reviewed on 9/7/2019

We've had mixed experience so far, but we will stick it out until we find it unusable or until something better comes along.

Pros

We liked that the testing software was easy for students to understand

Cons

There are a lot of back-end annoyances, like students complaining about not being able to log in, caching issues logging in as a teacher, we also had an issue that PayPal wasn't working, and the support team said it was PayPal, but it was not, so we switched payment gateways instead.

Victoria
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Braincert for one-on-one reading instruction

Reviewed on 18/3/2019

Pros

This platform works very well for one-on-one reading instruction for kids in grades 4 and up. Sharing a screen with a student helps focus the student's attention, and using the writing and highlighting tools on the shared screen allows me (the instructor) instant feedback on the student's understanding. Misunderstandings can be cleared up immediately, before the student can learn bad habits from their misunderstanding.

Cons

While it generally works well, customer support is hard to access when there is a problem. It can take days to hear back from the company.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Victoria,

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback. We will forward your feedback to the concerned team and will update you, please write to us at "[email protected]". We would love to hear from you!

• Used for 1-5 months

They have a great product with no support

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

I loved the platform when I first discovered it and immediately subscribed to it, but as soon as I started trying to set it up, I was very frustrated with it and the lack of real support. My suggestion to Braincert is get someone who knows about how to set up real support for your company and spend some money on it. I would have loved to actually use it but it was starting to be a headache. If I hire a platform for my courses, the idea is to be able to organize my school and courses easily and intuitively, not to have to waste time figuring out how to work with the platform.

Pros

The virtual classroom was great. Very powerful and versatile. You can use most of the formats for teaching without any issue. The issue I did not like was that if you want to record the class, you can't play movies from your computer or from any links without the need to stop the recording. This was a major no-no for me as I needed to record all the classes. Also, the virtual classroom would not work with tablets unless there was an app.

Cons

The lack of support. They offer live support. However, they mostly want to sell it to you and you have to figure out how to use it. Their support material is very disorganized and the software is not intuitive at all. You have to "find" what you are looking for. They have videos, literature and a lot of information but it is not organized and you end up frustrated when you can't find what you need. If there was one thing that made me cancel my subscription is the lack of organized support. They don't have a how-to guide, or a step by step. Their how to videos are outdated and their "find" box is useless.

Addie
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

This program saved me time and money for the company with easy to use technology!

Reviewed on 1/5/2018

Time and money saved for my company.

Pros

I like easily updating materials for my students/users, everyone has the MOST CURRENT information even after they leave my class. I also appreciate being able to receive reviews and monitor activities in the system dashboard. Documents can be set to download easily and make my students use of them more efficient. BrainCert is a great solution to a large manual I used to print and organize manually every month, now I can focus on necessary items one at a time rather than an entire manual. Our goal was to become a paperless digital training department and we were able to achieve this with BrainCert.

Cons

Some of the document formats, like a CSV file, do not play well with the content library. The size limitations for a Powerpoint are not always compatible with my presentations which contain large graphics therefore increasing sizes. However, because of the IT Staff at my company I've found workarounds for my issues.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Addie,

Amol

AWS Courses Review

Reviewed on 13/10/2019

As of Now I have Great Experience with BrainCert and looking forward for other courses as well.

Pros

I have taken 2 AWS courses on BrainCert and I was totally impressed with content covered for AWS Certification. I have passed 2 AWS certification and is useful for current Project work as well.

Cons

In one course AWS Bigdata Specility content is not the up to date.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Amol,

Marjan

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 21/9/2016

I was looking for an LMS with some specific features like live classes, Forum, chat and good costumer service with a reasonable price and I am very happy I found this one.
One thing that I really like is that I can constantly chat with their costumer service and I can see if they read my messages or not which is really cool.

Pros

I am in the process of preparing my MVP and so far I like every thing ( I am relatively new to Braincert)

Sonny
  • Industry: Accounting

Best Platform for the price

Reviewed on 28/3/2017

Pros

It saves money and increases efficiency, It helps businesses work more easily with external parties and clients. It inspires innovation and enables you to share ideas.

Cons

Perhaps to add collaboration module to it. That way the product can add value to the users. Since collaboration is on the rise, users can use one product rather paying for different products.

BrainCert is an easy use and hassle free software

Reviewed on 29/3/2017

Pros

1. Easy to use and setup
2. Live video streaming is mostly uninterrupted
3. LMS has many features
4. Their testing platform is well devolved
5. Value for money

Cons

1. Their support team response needs to improve : Needs to be quick
2. Their support is not available on call. Often it takes 3-4 email conversation to make their team understand the issue.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Simple but lacking features

Reviewed on 15/3/2019

Pros

It is very easy to setup and get started. The free account offers everything necessary to do basic online virtual classrooms. The audio/video is very good compared to competitors, and barely ever disconnects.

Cons

The whiteboards themselves are very small. You cannot scroll down or to the sides enough, or zoom out or in. It is necessary to open up too many different tabs, which instead of scrolling left and right in the tab bar, they simply each become super small and hard to click.

Mike

Exceptional value for all of the functionality!!

Reviewed on 21/1/2018

Pros

Tremendous customer support. They took several items of feedback and either implemented changes or provided links to show me how to do what I wanted.

Cons

Still, a developing platform that could use a slightly cleaner LMS interface. Some tabs are not as easy to find, and messaging within a group isn't as easy as I'd like.

Mukesh
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Real Life Scenarios

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

Pros

I used Braincert tests for my AWS Solutions architect as well as AWS Sysops exams. Both exams had multiple questions that were based on real scenarios. I feel they are worth every money!! I appreciate the hard work done on putting these tests. Thank you!

Cons

Variability of scenarios and number of tests with detailed explanations.

satisfied member

Wonderful service

Reviewed on 5/2/2014

It is difficult to make time for learning alongside two fulltime jobs. I recently learnt about braincert.com through a friend of mine, and have been since taking courses alongside work. The online orientation of the learning is made compatible to fit with any schedule. I am now doing what I had deemed impossible; I am successfully managing both my work, and supporting an affordable and convenient education. Although my education has always taken precedence in my life, I was forced to take a few years off near the end of my degree due to circumstances out of my control.
Braincert offers a wide range of courses and makes the selection process easy and functional. The courses are formatted in an easy to understand and navigate format, and provide several resources for extended help. Since learning about the website, I've enrolled in SEO optimization course and an iOS development course. As I had begun my degree in computer engineering, these are the perfect courses for me to farther both my knowledge and career. Although my courses are specific to technology, the site offers a wide selection to chose from. The friend that had told me about the site was enrolled in an Introductory German course herself.

Pros

From an instructors perspective, BrainCert allows freedom of course content on an easy to create and publish platform. The site offers convenient test scheduling times and posts immediate results to facilitate the instructor student relationship.

Cons

Not applicable

Ellen
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

BrainCert is fairly user friendly, but could do more to make navigation and functionality...

Reviewed on 14/9/2017

Exam hosting, grading, and notifications

Pros

The site is fairly user-friendly and has a clean, organized, modern user interface! Every time I have submitted a Help Ticket, someone has responded.

Cons

I've run into several strange glitches and inconsistencies on the platform, and have found odd grammatical errors that seem out of place for an educational platform.

Response from BrainCert

Ellen, thanks for sharing your experience with BrainCert. There were few grammatical errors introduced with some of features rolled out recently. We'll have the content team review the language files before pushing updates in the future. Thank you again.

Daniel

Very good experience with Braincert LMS

Reviewed on 8/2/2021

Excellent as trainer and with my students

Pros

Excellent experience to students and excellent experience as instructor

Cons

Manage content require some time to create test and contents.

Response from BrainCert

Thank you for your awesome review, we are thankful for amazing customers like you.

Guess what, we are only three months short of celebrating the second anniversary of our business association. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to hear that we have hit the mark for you.
We also note that it is taking you time to create courses & tests on the platform. Please note that BrainCert comes with bulk import tools for faster content upload and test creation. If you want, we can get on a quick call to go over this.

Thanks again!

Jennifer

Fits most needs

Reviewed on 9/7/2019

Just used for hosting video recordings and online practice tests. Would like to use for live classes if quality improves.

Pros

Easy to use. Fits most needs. Would like to utilize more.

Cons

Virtual live classroom and recordings. No longer use this function.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Jennifer,

Zoran
  • Used for 2+ years

E-Learning Platform

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Helped a lot to pass SA Pro

Pros

Q & A were very useful and helped a lot for passing exam

Cons

It would be better to have more detailed explanation on answers. It is better to have option to look for the answer after each question

Response from BrainCert

Hi Zoran,

Kevin
  • Used for 2+ years

Great service

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

Pros

The practice exams seem to be of high quality and I've found them to be very helpful in preparing for upcoming exams.

Cons

Software can be a little glitchy from time to time.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Kevin,

Yuventhiran

Amazing support team

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Pros

The software does everything we want it to. We can control the access of each user. What they can and can't do in virtual class room

But what really makes me recommend Braincert is their support team. They are always available and are a real blessing.

We had some teething problems and they would respond at the speed of light!

Cons

There is one feature that I would have liked them to have. I wanted a writing pad that would allow me to observe students write their essays. Something like Google doc. But they are rolling that out in Q4 this year.

Ashley

Reviewed on 8/3/2019

good platform-- better than others I have tried

Pros

no sign-up needed from student-- easy to use after practicing

Cons

I seem to have microphone feedback recently-- screen share is not free anymore-- upgraded to see if feedback issue will resolve-- it just started???

Hanna
  • Industry: Accounting

I-75 CPA Studying

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

Pros

I was able to navigate and use the software very easily

Cons

The software was an auto subscription so I had to go through PayPal to cancel my subscription

Robert

BrainCert experience

Reviewed on 18/10/2021

Pros

Very Professional Content of the courses
Passing the course score means in general passing the real certifications

Cons

Expired courses after a period of time.

Cornelia
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Needs Upgrade

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Pros

Ease of logging in. There is not much else!

Cons

It tally’s your score incorrectly. For example, it tells you get 99% correct when you know you did not do that well. It logs you out after a while which is fine. However, you have to exit the entire system to go back in.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Cornelia!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. BrainCert is constantly working towards making the user experience seamless. Please write to us about your problem on "[email protected]" and we will try to resolve it at the earliest.

Ebrahim

Powerful VC

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Pros

Stable and have API , so I could integratet it with our system

Cons

layout in IPhone mobile browsers "Video not working " and resposive not good

• Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Quality

Reviewed on 3/3/2019

I’m present my first course in BrainCert of Qulaity management system QMS , that’s I’m qualified for this course I made this course free and opened for everyone . This gave me an opportunity to make another course and share this courses for free to everyone.

Pros

BrainCert is best website for E learning it gave me a chance to be instructor and share me experiences with Colleagues and students through online education.

Cons

Simply, Available and opened for everyone . If you looking to enhance your skills by courses it’s your choice .

Lewis
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Very Efficient

Reviewed on 26/10/2021

It was a pleasant surprise and experience. Very easy to use.

Pros

The LMS was very user friendly, the videos and other graphics worked seamlessly with the platform. I was very pleased with the tracking of my progress. As soon as I completed a task it was listed as such.

Cons

No real issues. When I review my experience, there was no need to troubleshoot.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Lewis,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know that our customers love the platform as much as we love building it.