BrainCert

Sonny
Sonny

Best Platform for the price

Reviewed on 28/3/2017

Pros

It saves money and increases efficiency, It helps businesses work more easily with external parties and clients. It inspires innovation and enables you to share ideas.

Cons

Perhaps to add collaboration module to it. That way the product can add value to the users. Since collaboration is on the rise, users can use one product rather paying for different products.

Victoria
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Braincert for one-on-one reading instruction

Reviewed on 18/3/2019

Pros

This platform works very well for one-on-one reading instruction for kids in grades 4 and up. Sharing a screen with a student helps focus the student's attention, and using the writing and highlighting tools on the shared screen allows me (the instructor) instant feedback on the student's understanding. Misunderstandings can be cleared up immediately, before the student can learn bad habits from their misunderstanding.

Cons

While it generally works well, customer support is hard to access when there is a problem. It can take days to hear back from the company.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Victoria,

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback. We will forward your feedback to the concerned team and will update you, please write to us at "[email protected]". We would love to hear from you!

• Used for 1-5 months

They have a great product with no support

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

I loved the platform when I first discovered it and immediately subscribed to it, but as soon as I started trying to set it up, I was very frustrated with it and the lack of real support. My suggestion to Braincert is get someone who knows about how to set up real support for your company and spend some money on it. I would have loved to actually use it but it was starting to be a headache. If I hire a platform for my courses, the idea is to be able to organize my school and courses easily and intuitively, not to have to waste time figuring out how to work with the platform.

Pros

The virtual classroom was great. Very powerful and versatile. You can use most of the formats for teaching without any issue. The issue I did not like was that if you want to record the class, you can't play movies from your computer or from any links without the need to stop the recording. This was a major no-no for me as I needed to record all the classes. Also, the virtual classroom would not work with tablets unless there was an app.

Cons

The lack of support. They offer live support. However, they mostly want to sell it to you and you have to figure out how to use it. Their support material is very disorganized and the software is not intuitive at all. You have to "find" what you are looking for. They have videos, literature and a lot of information but it is not organized and you end up frustrated when you can't find what you need. If there was one thing that made me cancel my subscription is the lack of organized support. They don't have a how-to guide, or a step by step. Their how to videos are outdated and their "find" box is useless.

Addie
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

This program saved me time and money for the company with easy to use technology!

Reviewed on 1/5/2018

Time and money saved for my company.

Time and money saved for my company.

Pros

I like easily updating materials for my students/users, everyone has the MOST CURRENT information even after they leave my class. I also appreciate being able to receive reviews and monitor activities in the system dashboard. Documents can be set to download easily and make my students use of them more efficient. BrainCert is a great solution to a large manual I used to print and organize manually every month, now I can focus on necessary items one at a time rather than an entire manual. Our goal was to become a paperless digital training department and we were able to achieve this with BrainCert.

Cons

Some of the document formats, like a CSV file, do not play well with the content library. The size limitations for a Powerpoint are not always compatible with my presentations which contain large graphics therefore increasing sizes. However, because of the IT Staff at my company I've found workarounds for my issues.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Addie,

Amol

AWS Courses Review

Reviewed on 13/10/2019

As of Now I have Great Experience with BrainCert and looking forward for other courses as well.

Pros

I have taken 2 AWS courses on BrainCert and I was totally impressed with content covered for AWS Certification. I have passed 2 AWS certification and is useful for current Project work as well.

Cons

In one course AWS Bigdata Specility content is not the up to date.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Amol,

Braincert Virtual Classroom

Reviewed on 29/8/2018

We are conducting small group classes for wide variety of subjects through HTML Virtual Classroom. This software allow us to create a virtual group class environment very easily.

Pros

compact...all in one solution. Video conferencing, screen sharing break rooms, whiteboard and lot more features make it suitable for a wide variety of classes.

Cons

user experience in mobile phones need to be improved. If there is an option for easily switching between full screen video and whiteboard in mobile browsers, it would be a handy tool for participating in classes on the go.

Jackie

Brilliant, Agile and Purpose-Built Platform

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

We knew exactly what we needed, and thought for sure we'd have to build our own. Then we read every review of what was already built, and BrainCert was a perfect fit - and then some. We were so impressed with the ease of use of the free version, that we quickly went to the upgraded version. In a week, we were able to provide our online Live Instructor virtual courses - seamlessly!

The beauty of purpose-built products is they deliver everything one needs today, and every capability one hadn't even known they could have too.

Pros

Purpose-built with so many more capabilities already designed in that you're able to advance the courseware too.

Super responsive, experienced, intelligent customer support (we trialed over the holiday w/e)

Great pricing for all that you get.

We're very pleased with our choice of BrainCert

Cons

Might advise just a bit more clarity in getting started setting up different options: Live Classes vs " Publish Your Courseware".

BrainCert is an easy use and hassle free software

Reviewed on 29/3/2017

Pros

1. Easy to use and setup
2. Live video streaming is mostly uninterrupted
3. LMS has many features
4. Their testing platform is well devolved
5. Value for money

Cons

1. Their support team response needs to improve : Needs to be quick
2. Their support is not available on call. Often it takes 3-4 email conversation to make their team understand the issue.

Marjan
Marjan

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 21/9/2016

I was looking for an LMS with some specific features like live classes, Forum, chat and good costumer service with a reasonable price and I am very happy I found this one.
One thing that I really like is that I can constantly chat with their costumer service and I can see if they read my messages or not which is really cool.

Pros

I am in the process of preparing my MVP and so far I like every thing ( I am relatively new to Braincert)

Mike
Mike

Exceptional value for all of the functionality!!

Reviewed on 21/1/2018

Pros

Tremendous customer support. They took several items of feedback and either implemented changes or provided links to show me how to do what I wanted.

Cons

Still, a developing platform that could use a slightly cleaner LMS interface. Some tabs are not as easy to find, and messaging within a group isn't as easy as I'd like.

Mukesh

Real Life Scenarios

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

Pros

I used Braincert tests for my AWS Solutions architect as well as AWS Sysops exams. Both exams had multiple questions that were based on real scenarios. I feel they are worth every money!! I appreciate the hard work done on putting these tests. Thank you!

Cons

Variability of scenarios and number of tests with detailed explanations.

Carrie
  • Industry: Fine Art

Not Perfect, but the Best I Could Find Online

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

My overall experience is mixed. I think it has good things to offer, but the things that aren't quite working right are taking too much productivity time out of my work time.

Pros

Test set up was easy. There is a way to preview what your test takers are going to see.

Cons

The certificate creation was and still is not easy to navigate, and I still don't have a professional looking certificate that I can have sent to people when they complete the program. I have tried contacting the customer service center and have received spotty service and no real solutions. I have also had trouble inviting people to take tests because their email server saw it as spam. This resulted in many angry customers on my end who emailed me . Then, I had to email Brain Cert and try to find out why the invitees were not receiving the information. It was a lot of wasted time and made me feel super annoyed. I think Braincert is still ironing out some bugs, and I'm hoping it happens sooner or later. I'm also hoping I can find a few hours in my schedule to revisit the certificate situation because printing them (that I made on my computer) and hand mailing them out is ridiculous.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Carrie!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. BrainCert is constantly working towards making the user experience seamless. Please write to us about your problem on "[email protected]" and we will try to resolve it at the earliest.

darius

Updated Review of Braincert

Reviewed on 2/1/2019

I am indeed thankful to be working with a great platform like Braincert!

I am indeed thankful to be working with a great platform like Braincert!

Pros

Braincert platform has great features including the ability to offer courses, rather than simply host videos. Content is easily uploaded and organized. The price is reasonable. Braincert has allowed me to offer the I-75 CPA Review Course which is fast becoming a disruptive force in the CPA Review Industry. Very important, Braincert listened to me when I told them that I needed a speed up button for video playback. This is something that my students asked for and Braincert responded! Braincert shares the CPAexamTutoring.com philosophy of continuous improvement in real time. I highly recommend Braincert!

Cons

I would like it better if Braincert had 24 hour chat support. They do offer live chat support but they can be slow, sometimes very slow to respond. They have about 3 or four reps but a great company like this needs more support people for faster turnaround.

Ellen
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

BrainCert is fairly user friendly, but could do more to make navigation and functionality...

Reviewed on 14/9/2017

Exam hosting, grading, and notifications

Exam hosting, grading, and notifications

Pros

The site is fairly user-friendly and has a clean, organized, modern user interface! Every time I have submitted a Help Ticket, someone has responded.

Cons

I've run into several strange glitches and inconsistencies on the platform, and have found odd grammatical errors that seem out of place for an educational platform.

Response from BrainCert

Ellen, thanks for sharing your experience with BrainCert. There were few grammatical errors introduced with some of features rolled out recently. We'll have the content team review the language files before pushing updates in the future. Thank you again.

Devrup

Great app for training/Learning

Reviewed on 26/10/2021

Pros

As a student you can track your progress and get an idea of how much content you have covered and how much is pending

Cons

As a student we should be able to rate each lecture

Response from BrainCert

Hi Devrup,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to know that you like the dashboards on the platform. Also, please note that there is an option in the platform that lets learners rate a lecture. But it's the instructor's choice to enable or disable the option.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, you can write to us at [email protected].

Ellen
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

intuitive product with an appealing interface

Reviewed on 4/3/2019

My overall experience with BrainCert was positive, it helped us host and grade certification exams for our product effectively.

Pros

I enjoyed the BrainCert interface, it was comfortable to navigate and offered a fairly comprehensive collection of reporting tools. I liked how easy it was to learn to use, and the user design was a plus.

Cons

I wish that BrainCert had been easier to customize. It took a very long time for updates to be made that allowed me to edit templates sent to test takers (rather than editing every message individually to suit my business needs), and in general software updates did not seem to happen very frequently.

JATIN
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Brain Cert- Used for Mock test

Reviewed on 26/10/2019

I had purchased a course on Brain Cert for clearing one AWS certification.
Some of the questions...

I had purchased a course on Brain Cert for clearing one AWS certification.
Some of the questions were useful but there were lot of new things in the exam.

Pros

1. Navigation is easier
2. Content was ok

Cons

1. Initially, it was challenging for me to go back to previous exam sets.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Jatin,

• Used for 1+ year

BrainCert-A perfect medium to have a simple and easy way to conduct lessons

Reviewed on 9/3/2019

Pros

Braincert is simple and a easy to use way to schedule and carry on with the lessons. Easy to upload, easy to use, easy to show the videos with just a insertion of link and its all to shine during the lessons. No interruption, much clarity, much interactive way is created with the pen and other cool features. Works on any browser. There is no fear of browser crashing, how many ever sessions we continue to schedule and launch. Every feature is perfect and well designed. Best for the institutions.

Cons

Nothing as of now. Found it perfect so far.

Sengu
  • Used for 6-12 months

E-Learning Platform

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

Pros

Dashboard easy to access but busy. Still discovering features on how to navigate on platform

Cons

too much info for a student enrolled in courses only.
Once upon a time, I was able to use my iPad air to follow courses, but seem I no longer can and customer service was no help in assisting in troubleshooting. So if I use my phone with the limited display screen, I have to sort through all the irrelevant info on the dashboard to get to my enrolled courses. Lots of swiping

Response from BrainCert

Hi Sengu!

Alireza

It was really good

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Pros

I think the most valuable thing about braincert is that anyone can share anything about education that think it might valuable for someone.

Cons

The main problem I've found in this platform was UX of the dashboards. I think dashboards can be more productive.
For example, when I purchased a course(AWS test exam), I couldn't find it in the panels. In the end, I searched for it!

Response from BrainCert

Hi Alireza!

Chimbu

Good product and required some UI changes

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

Pros

The explanation given for each question is good and the links provided allowed us to explore more about the services

Cons

Hard to find the start button in the UI , sometimes we had to hit multiple times to start the exams . And the review the results page is not mobile friendly , please redesign the review test results page and make it more mobile compatibility .

Response from BrainCert

Hi Chimbu,

Princess Terana Caram

Effecient

Reviewed on 17/12/2022

Pros

I've tried several software like this but this one is the best. As a freelance IT instructor, having a reliable tool like this makes the profession less stressful. It's engaging and I can collaborate online. It has this virtual classroom feature that's easy to navigate. On top of it all, the payments and membership is feature is not problematic as the other software I have tried.

Cons

I liked least about BrainCert is the bulk enrollment. I wish it has an option to disable it.

Hanna

I-75 CPA Studying

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

Pros

I was able to navigate and use the software very easily

Cons

The software was an auto subscription so I had to go through PayPal to cancel my subscription

Mushiba
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

LOVE BrainCert!!!! It rates 5+ stars on each feature!

Reviewed on 30/8/2017

It is easy to use and the customer service is quickly responsive to any requests I have made.

Pros

Their customer service is absolutely AWESOME! They are quick to respond and have solved every problem I had. Most recently, many of the tests we had for each lecture did not have the minimum 5 questions. This was a problem for our needs as most of tests had about 2 to 3 questions. Their solution: they lowered the minimum to 2 questions per test. They LISTENED to me and quickly solved my problem. WOW!!

Response from BrainCert

Thanks Mushiba. We're excited to work with you. :)

Parthasaradhi
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Excellent courses

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

Clear explanation of all questions

Clear explanation of all questions

Pros

detailed explanation of all questions described in exam

Cons

nothing specific all contents are good sometimes site is slow