PDQ Deploy

Software deployment management tool

4.8 /5 (34 reviews) Write a Review!

André L.
  • Industry: Chemicals

A easy to use and reliable solution for small and mid sized companies

Reviewed on 4/8/2020

When we started to use this software, we did not have a solution to inventory and deploy softwares on your computers and servers, that is a powerful tool, with a very good price that really worths the investiment. We were able to keep all our computers and softwares updated, and we have pushed some Windows build updates through PDQ Deploy, which worked very well! If you do not have a inventory/deploy solution on your environment, and cannot spend so much money with it, go with PDQ without think twice, you will not regret!

Pros

It is easy to implement, configure and to use it, everything on this software is so intuitive, even if you not read the manual you can do more than 50% of the software functionalities. The software has a wide variety of options to deploy softwares to your computers, also, if you spend a few bucks more, you can buy the PDQ Inventory, which works very well integrated with the Deploy solution.

Cons

The error messages on the deploys are not so clear, it difficults the troubleshooting on the first time without some research.

Daniel W.
  • Industry: Libraries

PDQ Review

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall this is an excellent software. With ease of use and one click solutions it has produced less headaches then other solutions.

Pros

PDQ deploy is easy to use and install on your network. The functionality of the software allows ease of use deployment packages and updating with simple one click downloads. Built side by side with PDQ inventory target device management is simple and fun.

Cons

PDQ deploy in my opinion needs a GUI interface boost to bring it into the modern world. It has an old ADUC feel, but needs to be updated with a cloud platform feel or use. It would be very beneficial for a lot of organizations with an off-premise option.

William B.

PDQ Deploy - Program Deployment Helper?

Reviewed on 16/4/2019

I would recommend most people try out PDQ Deploy and Inventory. If you are looking for a software package that has the features that PDQ does, you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for a comparable solution however, you could also check out Goverlan.

Pros

PDQ has been able to streamline our deployment process of programs onto our workstations. With a couple clicks, we were able to use PDQ to deploy several different software packages across our district. In addition to their useful tool, PDQ Inventory (a software that is required to run PDQ Deploy) also helps us get an accurate inventory of all of the machines within our domain.

Cons

Some features of PDQ Deploy are limited without buying the full version. The same can be said about their inventory system, but I suppose the cost are justified as this software package is mostly worth the value.

James K.
  • Industry: Machinery

Good for pushing out software

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

IT has been great. Can make your own packages for deployment which makes software install a breeze.

Pros

It is easy to create a package for software and install it on another user's computer. I use this to push out software instead of having to go a user's computer and installing it there.

Cons

Can be a little difficult to find the silent install switches for some of the software. Sometimes a google search can get you the answer, sometimes not. This can make it hit or miss if you do not have the correct switches for the parameters.

Jonathan R.

I cant say enough good things about PDQ deploy

Reviewed on 24/6/2019

Pros

Super easy to create a software package for deployment. The software comes with a library of already created deployments as well.

Cons

It takes a bit for the program to load. Other than that, there is nothing negative for me to say about it.

Alexander A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great product

Reviewed on 16/1/2019

Instead of images we use this package to deploy new onboarding (i know crazy). This has cut our work time significantly. We also quickly deploy software on demand at any time.

Pros

Loaded with features, easy to use, it just works.

Cons

The GUI could be updated, their library is kind of small in my opinion.

Tom F.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Quickly push software to your devices from your desk

Reviewed on 16/4/2019

The greatest benefit is to send out packages remotely to devices on the network. PDQ constantly releases new product updates that provide many great improvements to an already great product.

Pros

The access to a library of common software tools that are needed for devices in my environment.

Cons

Some software is not already available in the library and takes some time to create custom bundles to push to client devices.

Dennis F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Feature rich and works great

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Very positive and lots of online resources with this product and company.

Pros

Ease of setup and configuration. Very helpful online support articles, videos and web presentations to help in learning and setup.

Cons

We chose to stay with the free version, which is limited, however meets our needs. Some additional research may be needed when setting up your own patch packages.

Huge time saver!

Reviewed on 8/6/2018

Pros

I like that I can now ensure that PCs across our company here at our corporate office as well as our remote locations via VPN, have up-to-date software and all I have to do is push a few buttons.

Cons

There's not anything I really dislike but if I had to pick something I guess I'd like to see the package library have more options.

Shuabe A.

Great deployment software

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Deploying applications across to our users.

Pros

I have the free version of PDQ Deploy which is more than enough when deploying software app across your organization.

Cons

Not much, it does what I need it to and it is very efficient.

Ross W.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Very reasonably priced solution for basic deployment

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

PDQ has become an invaluable tool in our environment and saved us countless hours, deployments of new software have become much simpler and no longer need to involve GPOs.

Pros

Amazing solution for automating deployment of software, tools and other changes. Very simple to pick up and run with, empowers frontline staff to package their own deployments and solve problems independently.

Cons

Subscription based rather than perpetual, limited number of pre-built packages. Not a significant online community around additional packaging. A community packages feature would be very welcome.

Joseph Z.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

PDQ Deploy

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

Amazing experience. I would recommend everyone to look into them and their software. Specifically for updating/patching Microsoft Windows, Java, Adobe, etc. They update the patches automatically on their end and all you have to do is "import them/allow them"

Pros

Easy to use. Updated constantly. Support is attentive and you can rely on them to get back to you quickly. The amount of packages that are updated on their end - and approved on our end. Makes installing/updating software a breeze.

Cons

Patch Tuesday from Microsoft, the updates for Microsoft Office are left off. Only bad thing I can say.

Shon O.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Plain and simple application deployment

Reviewed on 15/8/2019

Pros

Extremely easy to use.
Hundreds of pre-configured deployment packages.
Very simple to create your own deployment packages.
Ability to nest deployment packages within each other.

Cons

No VPN ability, makes it unusable for machines such as outside sales or work from home employees that may not be on the local network/domain regularly.

Lisa M.

Love this software!

Reviewed on 24/4/2018

Pros

Makes my job easier!
Remote software installs a breeze, and support community is great
Reporting features are great

Cons

Can be slow at times and have issues with larger AD set ups.
Remote repair features don't work most of time.

Matt M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Plenty of power out of the box

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Despite some initial hardship with setup, my experience has been quite positive. Now if only every software vendor provided a way to do silent installs.

Pros

PDQ Deploy was easy to get up and running, and in no time I had a list of all the PCs in my environment, ready to get software sent to them. Creating packages was easy, and my favourite feature was that I didn't need to install any software on the remote PCs in order to get them working.

Cons

I had to spend a little bit too much time digging around, setting up group policies etc before I was able to successfully push software. I would have liked a straightforward step-by-step preparation guide in order to get set up included with my trial information, but I didn't see one. I needed to enlist help from a few people that I knew were already set up and running.

Software Distribution made simple

Reviewed on 25/1/2019

I've loved having PDQ Deploy, it has made managing the software on our corporate office computers that much more simple and I really like that it disables updates so they don't get pushed until I'm ready to.

Pros

The ease of using the interface, it makes setting up deployment packages very easy to do.

Cons

The price is a little steep, but even so, the peace of mind you get from being able to deploy software easily makes up for it

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Saves time and ensures uniform experience

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

Pros

PDQ Deploy is great because it ensures that every PC, and therefore every user in the office gets the same experience in terms of software. To do this manually is a tricky task!

Cons

It can sometimes be hard to find MSI versions of software installers which are required by PDQ Deploy, and making an MSI version can often be painful and tedious.

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 7/4/2019

Very positive, hope to use for a long time

Pros

Probably the most used tool for our department. PDQ makes deploying software or custom on the fly changes to workstations a breeze. We dont use GPOs anymore for software. Scheduled deploys, scripting, you can run scripts with local authentication which is great if a computer falls off the domain. Combined with PDQ inventory very powerful. Great built in repository of programs and such. The software is built very well and intuitive.

Cons

I'd like to see bandwidth throttling based on network I stead of global but that's not a big deal

• Industry: Consumer Services

Great Software Deployment tool

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Day to day software deployments are much easier using PDQ. I am able to create, test & deploy application packages in few minutes. Much more convenient than SCCM. They even offer Windows Cumulative updates which is a bonus feature.

Pros

1. Prebuilt packages are so useful. Makes life much easier for IT Admins
2. Integration with PDQ Inventory is the best part of using PDQ Deploy. There are lot of custom build dynamic groups and it is so easy to make the deployment seamless.
3. Integration with Active Directory comes handy.
4. Scheduling package push using Heartbeat Deployment is added convenience.

Cons

The only issue is managing remote/offsite machines becomes challenging using PDQ Deploy.

Charlie S.

PDQ Deploy - Easy Patch Management

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Patch management and remote scripting of groups of computers.

Pros

The integration with PDQ Inventory and the built-in third-party app packages make deployment easy. I also love the scripting capabilities and how it can be as simple and as complex as you need it to be depending on what I'm trying to do. And I can do way more than just package deployment.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about this yet. They continue to put out patches and updates and the installs are easy to do.

• Industry: Law Practice

The best admin tool available, bar none

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

This is amazing software, especially paired with PDQ Inventory. It has cut down our administrative overhead by ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE. This frees up ridiculous amounts of time for IT staff to do other things. I can't recommend PDQ enough.

Pros

PDQ Deploy does everything you want do at the desktop as an admin, but wish you didn't have to actually go to the desktop. It's everything SCCM is without the cost or complication.

Cons

Some of the wording they use in the dialogs and whatnot can cause you to do a double take. It's not even really much of a speed bump. But I do feel they could look at some of links and menu items and the like and reword them to be clearer.

Eric G.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The tool I needed for the job!

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

PDQ Deploy easely let me deploy uninstallers for software that I was having problems with. With it I was able to uninstall remotely multiple versions of Dell SupportAssist.

Pros

I like the fact that after 10 minutes of playing around with PDQ Deploy I was well on my way to finding a product that suited my needs to install and uninstall software painlessly!

Cons

The number of available packages is limited. I was expecting a way to connect to a remote computer and get the list of installed applications, built-in PDQ Deploy. I found out that I had to request a separate trial to get PDQ Inventory.

Extremely Useful

Reviewed on 24/12/2018

Pros

PDQ Deploy is extremely useful for installing, uninstalling and updating software application across a variety of office computers at once, working fully as intended.

Cons

The inability to work with some software applications packaged within .exe files can be frustrating, and sometimes deployments can take a bit of fiddling before becoming a success which can waste time.

Nate C.

Perfect for installing software

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

Pros

Installing software globally or targeting a few machines is so easy and streamlined with PDQ Deploy. I especially like the library installs that deploy offers. Scripting and understanding how pdq works is relatively easy.

Cons

Sometimes building a new install that does not have an msi file can be challenging. Overall its something that you get used to as you deploy more installs.

Wesley S.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

This is a needed tool for every IT Admin

Reviewed on 13/9/2018

I started using the trial version, but had to get the paid version because I liked it so much.

Pros

This tool is great for SMB IT Admins. It gives you the ability to deploy multiple software applications to multiple machines using your domain. There are times where I only need to deploy certain updates to certain machines, and this tool lets me do that.

Cons

Some of the applications I need to deploy aren't in the portfolio, but I can still get them deployed. They just take a little more work.