PDQ Deploy

Designed for businesses with multiple IT assets in any indus

4.8/5

74 Software options

Kris K.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Love it, but it has issues

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

The company are great. Sadly there are more comprehensive SaaS solution with cloud offerings that at least for us are more suitable - especially with the shift towards a lot more home working.

Pros

PDQ is a great interface. It's agentless and sits on a server internally. Using Deploy is easy to do and there are a lot of predefined packages. You can also make your own and use many different deployment methods.

Cons

I couldn't use it externally easily. This meant machines out of the office were unmanageable.

PDQ Link became available in Q2/3 2021 but I could get it to work despite support. PDQ then pulled Support for it and was the final nail in the coffin.

Rick M.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

An invaluable lifesaver at an exceptional value

Reviewed on 26/7/2021

There is not another program on the market with the efficacy of PDQ in the creation, management, and monitoring of a wide variety of installations and configuration changes we need to make on the 400+ machines in 5 main locations

Pros

Deployment design flexibility, and the ability to control how and when those run.

Cons

Deployment monitoring seems under-developed. Maybe it's a limitation of what information can be effectively gathered, given how Windows does its best to prevent you from ever knowing what's going on, so it's not a huge deal, but I'd love it if it could be developed. Nothing comes immediately to mind, but I have submitted feature requests/suggestions as I've encountered them.

It also seems to generally struggle with Autodesk across the board - There seems to be no rhyme nor reason, and since it's the only set of programs we always have issues with, I blame Autodesk, not PDQ. But it would be nice if there was a way to address it.

Andrey C.

Flexible Deployment Tool

Reviewed on 2/8/2021

Pros

Ability to streamline deployment of pretty much any piece of software for mass deployment. Flexibility on how the installations runs, chaining one installation after another, and full logs for troubleshooting when you can't get the silent installation switches just right.

Cons

At this time deployments are limited to computers on the local network.

Morton M.

Easy to use for deploying softwares to thousands of computers. Deploy and walk away.

Reviewed on 2/6/2021

Love it. This software is a God sent. Seriously, i had doubts with it when i first tried it, but when i noticed / realised that I can deploy and MSI or exe software to 100 computers, and it only took 10 min, I was just in awe with it. I said to myself, if i can do this to 100 devices, imagine how easy it would be to install softwares on the 1000 computers and the time spent for installing softwares, i could be doing other things. I'll be devastated and don't know what to do if i stop using this.

Pros

Easy to use. Set package for deployment. Test it. If package works, deploy the package manually and walk away, or scheduled the package to have it installed overnight. If deployment fails, it will install once the computer goes online. So many options that can be set and use.

Cons

no Cons. Improvements only. Perhaps packages for deploying windows 10 apps can be included. At the moment, I have to figure out how to use Power shell to deploy windows apps. Also, deploying chrome extension, perhaps this can be included in the pdq deploy software package

Technical support is not available in Australia, so when i send and email, i have to wait 24 hours to get a reply, which is a bummer. I wish we had tech support in Australia.

Brett I.

Simple, functional, reliable

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

PDQ Deploy is an excellent value. I've used it at previous jobs and have introduced it in every new job. The amount of time saved is staggering.

Pros

The reliability and ease of use of PDQ is great. I also love the ability to customize and create packages. If you can script it, you can deploy it.

Cons

I still like the idea of PDQ Link, or similar software. During the pandemic, a lot of our machines were never on our local network, so PDQ Deploy and Inventory had limited use for us. We had no way to deploy software to users unless their machine was back on our network. Even when users are using a VPN to connect to our network remotely, deployments still don't work (probably something on our end).

I am currently looking at other options like FileWave to do off network support and inventory.

Aaron E.

Deploys Awesomeness!

Reviewed on 26/4/2021

Deploy became a one-stop shop for getting software pushed out and updates installed. Especially great for those vendors with constant updates or supplemental tweaks after the install, which can be built into the deployment.

Pros

The built-in deployments are great! Eliminates most of the effort of seeking out and setting up common installs and updates. They are also easy to customize if that fits your business need better. Pair this scheduling deployments, then you can set it and forget it. This will reduce your admins workload significantly and the return on investment is evident very quickly.

Cons

It doesn't make coffee. Really, I've got nothing. All around great!

Rob H.
  • Industry: Plastics

Deployment Solution

Reviewed on 16/7/2021

It's great for remotely deploying software and patches. Saves a lot of time and effort because you don't have to go to an end user computer or try to connect with them somehow to install anything, you can just set up a package to deploy silently with no user intervention.

Pros

The best part of PDQ Deploy is the ability to deploy software and updates/patches to computers on our network. Pretty easy to figure out how to build a deployment package and works exceptionally well. Also easy to understand.

Cons

I really have no cons to speak of other than sometimes we cannot connect to a computer to perform a scan or deployment but that isn't really the fault of the software, that's more of a network issue. We have users working from home using vpn and deployments fail for them sometimes.

Charlie S.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

PDQ - Solid Patch Management for Less!

Reviewed on 20/5/2021

Fantastic. it's allowed me to automate and manage a 1200+ machine network that was near impossible before I had PDQ to help. Plus, it's priced amazingly compared to other solutions.

Pros

PDQ's ease of use combined with the sheer number of features is staggering (in a good way!) It's super easy not just to deploy patches but also to automate command line and scripting across many machines at once. The automated package library is huge and makes my life much easier.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about PDQ. Any issue I've had was solved within hours and their customer support is top notch.

Charles C.

Power without comprimise

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Pros

- Extremely robust. allowing you to create packages specifically written for practically any and every program, Job, script, Ect.
-Cheap. Very much worth the price
-Ease of use. Anyone with a bit of IT knowledge can quickly install this program and start using it at a moments notice
- Kind and quick Support. Everyone at PDQ (that I have worked with) is friendly and easy to work with.
- Versatile. This program works with practically any setup.

Cons

If I had to have one complaint I would certainly say that its the fact they are without a phone support line. Everything is done either through their forums or email. While they are quick to provide support via Email. its still email and feels much slower than if a phone were used.

Jordan D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Easy Windows deployment and management

Reviewed on 3/10/2018

PDQ has made installation and management of our Windows computers easy and inexpensive. Capable of integrating with Active Directory, finding and pushing software to Windows computers is a breeze. Partnered with PDQ Inventory, we would find ourselves working much harder without it.

Pros

Pre-built deployments
AD Integration
Automated deployments
Easy to use and setup

Cons

No OS X or Linux support. Would be awesome if I didn't have to find another program to manage those operating systems, even for the basics.

Richard C.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

PDQ Deploy makes it easy to manage your environment.

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

I've used PDQ Deploy for several years and always satisfied with the results.

Pros

I appreciate the pre-built packages. New packages are easy to build and deploy. The product is intuitive compared to other products I've used (i.e., Microsoft SCCM). Support is top-notch and always willing to help.

Cons

Can't think of any negative aspects for this software.

Timo S.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Best available Software Deployment Software

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

Using it for over ten years. Cannot miss it a single day. Done over 25.000 deployments without mayor problems

Pros

Automatic Updates are great. No agent needed, easier to use then Sccm. Support is always fast and helpful. Pricing is absolutely low

Cons

Nothing. Great in any aspect that i can think about

Chris G.

Best way to manage anything larger than a handful of machines

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Pros

New Google Chrome vulnerability? Push out the updated Chrome version from PDQ in moments. Have a piece of custom, in-house software that needs to go out to the customer service team? Blast it out with a quick script.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that the license file is directly tied to the technical contact. When my coworker retired and I updated the contact, it broke our license and I needed to reach out to customer service to generate a new one. Fast response, though, and we were back up and running in under a day.

Jonathan M.
  • Industry: Legal Services

PDQ Deploy is a fantastic and easy solution to managing a domain of computers

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

PDQ Deploy allows me to easily deploy programs to new and existing computers on the domain without requiring any manual interaction with the target computers. It also allows me to custom-write install packages for programs that aren't natively supportive of silent installs.

Pros

The program has incredible flexibility and usability. It's perfect for both small and large groups of computers thanks to the ability to import computer lists from Active Directory, including their folder structures, so you can specify certain teams' needs.

Cons

A lot of the features are behind the paywall, which is understandable. It also seems to have occasional hiccups in deploying to computers that are newer on the domain where it sees them on the list of targets, but fails to deploy to them, citing them as being offline. Nothing big, though.

Brian A.

Non-standard software deployment

Reviewed on 4/6/2021

The ability to push software to our machines as admin, without the need for physical presence.

Pros

Centralized deployment of software as admin. Our users are not local admin, so they were used to be forced to show up in IT and having an admin install their custom software manually. Now we just push the software to their machines, wether in office or on VPN.

Cons

Package deployment flexibilty. I often find my self in a situation, where I would like to go to a specific step, if another step fails. I'm used to work with the Job engine in Microsoft SQL Server, where you can set up complete flows... (If this step fails, go to a "cleanup-step" and if that succeeds go to step 1 and try again) maybe that would be worth looking into.

Shannon S.

PDQ is convenience at it's best.

Reviewed on 4/6/2021

Pros

We like this software for the wide range of capabilities for the price point.

Cons

Some things are not as user friendly to start with but the support helps tremendously.

Laura R.
  • Industry: Government Administration

IT Tech Review

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Pros

The ability to call on the TOOL deploy within Inventory

Cons

There is not a least con about the software since this is the only software I used like this.

Arthur B.

Great software for IT Administrators

Reviewed on 3/6/2021

I use PDQ Deploy all of the time, and it has made deploying software much easier!

Pros

PDQ Deploy is easy to setup, and easy to create new deployments.

Cons

It's harder to setup a deployment from an .exe than it is a MSI. Some .exe setups need switches that are available in as part of the setup files.

Alex C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

So Far It's Fantastic!

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

So far this has been a life changer for us here. Having the ability to push down software packages easily without interruption to the end user is great. Then being able to schedule reboots over night on all the workstations helps when there is a need but people are working and don't have time to reboot.

Pros

The ability to push down uninstallations and reinstallations of AutoDesk Revit is one of the biggest things we have found beneficial right off the bat. It took some customizing of the packages but there is a plethora of information on the web for how to do it.

Cons

Specificially Microsoft Teams installation has been problematic. It claims that a lot of our workstations already have it installed when in fact they do not. For those desktops/laptops I am still having to manually go and install it on their computer.

Keith J.

PDQ-Lifesaver

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Many updates can be sent out and installed silently while the computer is in use. Makes them think I'm some sort of magician.

Pros

I used to be up at night updating or installing in computer labs until as late as 2am to have the labs ready for the next day. Couldnt do it duing the day because the computers were always in use. Now I can just schedule installs/updates before I leave work and they are done before I go to bed - at a normal time.

Cons

The only thing I like least about PDQ is how long it took to learn about it

Scott L.
  • Industry: Banking

THE Best application for the money in the IT space!

Reviewed on 2/7/2021

We have been using PDQ for the past 10 years and it keeps getting better and better. The installs are fast and responsive. Their video training is excellent as well as the videos are straight and to the point with great screen captures and explanations. We will never be without PDQ!

Pros

This application allows us to push out "one off" applications and gives us the ability to know right away if the application install was successful. They have a ton of templates built for commonly used applications and constantly updating their pushes and templates.

Their support is second to none! They are super responsive and always willing to go above and beyond in helping our team with application pushes that are out of the ordinary. If an application fails to install successfully from a push, you can also email support right from the error message without having to do copy and paste. More support teams should follow their lead. I can't say enough good things about them.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any cons about this software.

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 7/4/2019

Very positive, hope to use for a long time

Pros

Probably the most used tool for our department. PDQ makes deploying software or custom on the fly changes to workstations a breeze. We dont use GPOs anymore for software. Scheduled deploys, scripting, you can run scripts with local authentication which is great if a computer falls off the domain. Combined with PDQ inventory very powerful. Great built in repository of programs and such. The software is built very well and intuitive.

Cons

I'd like to see bandwidth throttling based on network I stead of global but that's not a big deal

• Industry: Consumer Services

Great Software Deployment tool

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Day to day software deployments are much easier using PDQ. I am able to create, test & deploy application packages in few minutes. Much more convenient than SCCM. They even offer Windows Cumulative updates which is a bonus feature.

Pros

1. Prebuilt packages are so useful. Makes life much easier for IT Admins
2. Integration with PDQ Inventory is the best part of using PDQ Deploy. There are lot of custom build dynamic groups and it is so easy to make the deployment seamless.
3. Integration with Active Directory comes handy.
4. Scheduling package push using Heartbeat Deployment is added convenience.

Cons

The only issue is managing remote/offsite machines becomes challenging using PDQ Deploy.

• Industry: Law Practice

The best admin tool available, bar none

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

This is amazing software, especially paired with PDQ Inventory. It has cut down our administrative overhead by ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE. This frees up ridiculous amounts of time for IT staff to do other things. I can't recommend PDQ enough.

Pros

PDQ Deploy does everything you want do at the desktop as an admin, but wish you didn't have to actually go to the desktop. It's everything SCCM is without the cost or complication.

Cons

Some of the wording they use in the dialogs and whatnot can cause you to do a double take. It's not even really much of a speed bump. But I do feel they could look at some of links and menu items and the like and reword them to be clearer.

Frank W.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great Software Product

Reviewed on 8/10/2021

I don't want to be without the software as long as I have to look after clients or servers

Pros

You understand very quickly how the software works and with a little prior knowledge, software can be deployed quickly and easily

Cons

I didn't miss anything in the software for my job