Easy Projects

Project management and collaboration tools

4.3/5
4.2/5
4.2/5
4.6/5

Nancy
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy Projects has proven to be a great way to bring all of the assets of a project together.

Reviewed on 1/2/2018

All conversations, assets and proofing is done in one easily accessible place. We can more easily assign team members, switch designers working on a project and freelance projects to outside designers.

Pros

1. It's easily tweakable to fit our workflow.
2. We've had great, responsive customer service.
3. There's auto notifications to keep projects on track that can be set up according to the licensed user's preferences.
4. We can finally keep all conversations about projects in one place and they are archived to be reinitiated in the same way the next year.
5. It fit the budget well. It wasn't the most expensive nor the cheapest but had all of the options we were looking for in an online project management system-online proofing, forms that convert to projects, tweakable workflow, ability to have free guest users and automatic notifications.

Cons

1. The guest user experience isn't as strong.
2. We'd like to tweak the notifications for guest users per project but can't. There is a universal notification for all guest users that works well. Sometimes bugs the guest user too much though.
3. If 2 people are on a task and one clicks that they're done, they will still get notifications until the other person clicks done. It would be great if the notifications could stop for the person that completed their portion of the task once they click that they're done.
4. I really liked the Outlook integration option but wish it was available for Mac users. Over 50% of our office is on a Mac.

Christian
  • Industry: Machinery

Easy Projects - Honest Review

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

Easy Projects has really helped our business quote projects and collect data on our previous projects. This made it possible to make comparisons and drill into our data to determine where our weaknesses were. We we're able to identify key areas, and improve them, creating shorter lead times, and increasing the efficiency of our resources.

Pros

I like the structure Easy Projects provides. It's nice to have a software that is pre-built and ready right out of the box to collect your data and analyze it with reports. Instead of using software that you have to build your own reports, charts, and metrics. Easy Projects makes it simple to budget resources, time, and capital. Easy Projects also integrates with Zapier, which helped us automate most of our time entry needs.

Cons

Some times the structure was too ridged. The financial tab isn't built for non-profit, and the learning curve for using the software was fairly steep.

Smartsheet and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Easy Projects

We chose Easy Projects for the structure it provided over spreadsheet style project management softwares
Jennifer

I use Easy Project but I don't administer it. My projects are tracked there.

Reviewed on 14/3/2018

My boss can see that I am super productive, not only from compiling statistics, but also because she is notified as I complete tasks.

Pros

We use a general project template and that helps me remember to do all the small, "finishing up" tasks.

Cons

I wish I could adjust the column widths on the "My Assignments" page. Only about 17 letters of the project names are visible, and I need to see more than that because most of our projects start out with a similar string of letters and numbers (the date, the campus, the college, etc). I end up using the Dashboard instead, which show s ALL my tasks, not just the ones I'm working on. The second column in My Assignments isn't useful to me, so if it could be customized so I could get rid of it (or move it to the third spot, since it doesn't matter if I can't see the whole word), that would be helpful.

Mauro
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Excellent Management Software

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

We've been able to keep our customers satisfied.

Pros

The activity center is perfect to organize and delegate tasks.

Cons

I think everything works perfectly for this software.

Marcy

Complete, well-thought-out, user-friendly solution with amazing customer service to boot

Reviewed on 10/2/2022

Pros

There is a lot to list here. When we went hunting around for new PM software, we had a long list of needs & wants. Every competitor we reviewed fell way short. Not only did Easy Projects meet all of our needs, they are constantly innovating & improving upon the platform, making it better as you go. But on top of it all, they listed, and I mean I listened to and took lots of time with us to understand our needs and come up with the best approaches to tweak our instance to meet or exceed them. We're still in the implementation stages, but I'm impressed with how much work, attention to detail, and care they have put in all along the way, and I have no doubt the end product is going to be absolutely stellar. Their patience with our ever-evolving needs alone should be commended!

Cons

Wish we could tweak some native fields, but that's nit-picky stuff. Overall we're happy with everything, but again we're still in the setup & transitoin phases.

Colton

Great product with tons of customization.

Reviewed on 21/8/2020

Pros

We love that each of our team has the ability to have a different view, so that way they see only what is important to them. Plus, we can see everyone's progress without having to bug them.

Cons

Although very small, the UI is a little outdated. Could definitely benefit from some more colours!

Microsoft SharePoint, Slenke and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Easy Projects

Data storage regulations. Canadian servers were mandatory.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Easy Projects

They had what we needed over any of the other products
Luis
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Easy Projects is the best option for project managing.

Reviewed on 15/4/2022

Pros

I have been years working with EP and for me is the best option to track and follow tasks.
I like the simplicity in the UI, is easy to use and loads very quickly.

Cons

Nothing to dislike. I would like to see an improve with a plugin for Windows 10/11 to see the notifications in the notification bar.

Robert (Solomon)
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

It lives up to its title

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

It's a competent product that does everything I need it to do. I do have some gripes with how it's laid out, but overall it's good at doing everything I need it to do.

Pros

This software is a solid resource for getting updates on projects. I know immediately when a new task is created, both through email and push notifications. The ability to review older projects is also beneficial when documenting my invoices.

Cons

The layout is somewhat unintuitive. Even as a digital native, I've had difficulty navigating between different projects, and I am still confused as to why tasks are split between a landing page and a separate message board. On the other hand, that may be due to the way my company creates their tasks.

Elana
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Easy Projects helps keep track of tasks among colleagues in our communications department

Reviewed on 1/2/2022

Pros

I like that I get notifications and reminders about tasks that need to be done.

Cons

I don't love the interface. It could definitely use a design update.

Sarah
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A Good enough Software

Reviewed on 16/6/2022

Pros

time tracking is very easy on EP. It also has features to give me an overview of how my upcoming week looks like which I appreciate

Cons

Not so easy to get an overview of how the entire project is doing for individual users as compared to PMs.

Shahila
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Project management software with useful customization

Reviewed on 17/6/2021

Pros

I really love that Easy Project has multiple choices for the project view, which every user can choose the project landscape view that they want. Each of the task are accompanied by the task progress percent or tracker, thus making the process in tracking our project accomplishment percent is very easy.

Cons

I would really love if they make changes and updating the system so that user experience with this software could improve. For now, the communication platform, like the private message is still quite lacking in the feature, there are no notification that we can see if the recipient has read our message or not.

Rhonda R
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great! Easy to use, reliable & tracks all projects, activities & manages my available...

Reviewed on 9/2/2018

Pros

We are an in-house CPG creative department of four. Easy Projects houses all of our creative projects/activities. The Creative team can see every project and its status at anytime. It also generates a resource report so see when my designers are over or under allocated I can make the necessary adjustments within the schedule to ensure the workload is at manageable level and adjusting schedules is easy and right at your fingertips. Easy projects holds all projects notes, so you don't have to go digging through emails. The upgrades to the system have been ongoing and great improvements but at a great price! The system is versatile and flexible to meet anyone's needs.

Cons

It is difficult to get the entire organization access to view all projects and status and our workload. They don't need full access but viewable access to activity center without paying for a full license per user.

Zuhairah
  • Industry: Banking

Project tracking and resource allocating is easy with Easy Projects

Reviewed on 21/1/2021

Great experience working with Easy Projects. Every organization should give this software a try.

Pros

Managing time spend to completing each project and task is very possible with this software. It can mark project progress and track its level of completeness for us to get top of the work. Each members are assign to their representative role and will get access to tools only for their role.

Cons

All the tools and features work really well with our system, and i have non problem with this.

Sonia

I use Easy Projects for my job, and it has been so easy to use!

Reviewed on 8/6/2018

Pros

I like that every person on the team can communicate directly within the program, eliminating the need for long email chains. My favorite feature used to be the layout of the My Assignments page before it became more of a to-do list. I liked being able to see what other people had commented and what other members were on a project with me. I also like that you can customize views in the Activity Center. It makes checking workload across a team very easy! I will also say that I think it's neat that you offer webinars to go over new features. I haven't been able to watch any of them, but one day I hope to catch up and see all the features I'm missing out on! lol

Cons

I really miss the old My Assignments view :( Other than that, I'd say that it's the perfect project management software!

Shelly
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Find it very easy to use. Like the batch operations and multi tool functions.

Reviewed on 1/2/2018

Easy organization of our projects. Easy time tracking and tracking who is working on what.

Pros

Easy to check what I need at the time. Also like being able to easily move activities into different projects if set up incorrectly. The work we do has mainly the same activities for each project. With the batch operations, it's easy to set up multiple projects at one time as well as assign the same people to various activities. Searching for time spent on various activities within projects also is easy. I can see if too much time is being spent on an activity or easily catch any errors with time being billed twice. I like being able to move an activity into a different parent activity if it was set up incorrectly at the start. The time and cost gets moved over as well. Slick.

Jordan
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very efffective & useful, aside from search functions

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

The accountability of each person on the projects has significantly improved for my job functions. I found that it is easier to keep track of tasks/projects without spending too much time hunting them down. You can see what tasks you're waiting on.

Pros

I like how easy it is to jump between projects and tasks. I also like how the tasks are set up under each project, showing you any dependencies you may need to keep in mind. I rarely use the gant view to see timelines, but I like the idea of it being there.

Cons

The user experience could use some improving. It would be nice to see some more details on the projects that applies specifically to your department or business. I would also like to see a better messaging interface.
It is also frustrating to try and find past projects that have been worked on-
Often times I will search a project by the number its titled, and it never shows up in the search function.
The searching for projects is the most frustrating part of the software.

Kyle

I have been using EasyProjects for about 5 years now and love it!

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

I use it every day and could not do my job without it.

Pros

I like the ability to to customize my view so that I can only see what is most important for me in my role. I also enjoy the ability to filter for projects based on the various fields a project can be categorized by. How I use EasyProjects has evolved over time as I have learned more about the features it offers.

Cons

There are many times that I say to myself, "I wish it could do this" or "I wish they made this feature more simple. For example, the reporting features can do amazing things but I find myself struggling at times to get the data/reporting that I want. I also wish the EasyProjects had more abilities to work with other software. I have tried to use Zapier to connect a few things but what is offered is very limited.

Sharley

Great Software, really turns Project Plans into live, interactive tools.

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

Increased Productivity and better full Project Management from my PM's. Raised awareness for Clients on Project Progress via the Email Notifications. It just needs to offer the Guest User the full Project and Gantt view as seen in the Activity center and this tool is unbeatable!

Pros

The configurability and what is offered to the PM in functionality use. The Notifications are also great. The whole tool really offer exceled value for a PM. If the Project Plan and Gantt view as the PM sees it in the Activity Center could be offered to the Guest Users as well in a View Mode this would become the Ultimate PM tool, there just isn't another like it!

Cons

The look and feel of the Reporting as it is not that presentable for Clients. And Particularly that you can't offer the same amazing Project and Gantt view that the PM gets to the client. The Guest license is a fantastic idea for the clients but it would be revolutionary if you can add a full "View" of the project and Gantt, exactly as the PM sees it in the Activity Center. this view is the most valuable with a client but unfortunately it is only available to the PM.

Micah
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Hai bu cuo

Reviewed on 21/7/2016

Overall I like it and enjoy using it. The main issue I have is that there's no way to keep notifications as "unread" if I want to come back to them later. Also, I would like to be able to have a filter for all unread messages related to my projects. Those would be some nice add ons.

Pros

I like the project layout and easy gantt view. The way we log hours is nice. I like being able to assign tasks with minimal effort. Makes my job easier.

Cons

Same as above. The main issue I have is that there's no way to keep notifications as "unread" if I want to come back to them later. Also, I would like to be able to have a filter for all unread messages related to my projects. Those would be some nice add ons. If I try to export comments or a report from a certain date period I can't filter it. That would be nice. I came back from vacation and tried to get caught up on my tasks so I filtered my notifications and exported them, but it didn't help because I couldn't filter them or arrange them differently.

Response from Logic Software

Thank you for the wonderful review Micah!

Lots of Possibilities

Reviewed on 9/1/2019

Our company adopted Easy Projects mainly to assist in managing / allocating our time as well as providing more visibility between departments on the status of orders. While I am not in management, and can't speak to the first goal, the visibility has gone well as we can see and receive notifications as orders are updated and worked on.

Pros

I do like the ease with which you can create / customize fields for what you need. The Audit Trail feature (which tracks all the changes made to a project) is also extremely helpful for seeing what's going on. I also like the prompt notifications of changes/comments in the system, even though I currently do not use the mobile app.

Cons

Sometimes lots of possibilities also means it can be overwhelming trying to get a quick view/snapshot of what we have in the system. While there are several dashboard options and view options none really make sense for me. I'm old school, and have just used calendar-based or Excel-based programs mostly, or Outlook tasklists; the views in Easy Projects are sometimes too complicated or detailed and I have difficulty understanding them.

Raphael
  • Industry: Design

Very Good Management Software for Research Center in Advanced Manufacturing

Reviewed on 9/1/2019

It revolutionize the way we work, able to pin point our operating costs, identify employees that had difficulties, speed up our delivery time, able to analyse in depth multiple data point such as geographic of our clients, type of projects, sectors of activities, major suppliers, powerful CRM and audit project audit trail.

Pros

Jame pack with features and able to customize with your operation. It only took 4hrs of training for our staff and about 2 months of transition phase, and now we are very fluent in the use and would not be able to work without it.

Cons

You can easily erase data, but is user right manageable, no backup, vacation module does not have request or approval, financial calculates internal cost (exact cost of the employee salary) but does not have an option to calculate the actual cost of the project with the hourly charging rate (i.e. 5hr @100$/hr vs 35$/hr for the salary). Lastly, you cannot easily adjust the size of the fields.

Seth
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Excellent Value.

Reviewed on 9/1/2019

Excellent. We have had great response from Support, and a feature-rich platform that is giving us great visibility into our projects and data like never before. Everyone we work with at EP is excellent, and we appreciate their work on our behalf.

Pros

This software has tremendous value. In addition to the scheduling functionality, it helps us manage headcount capacity, store basic financial data, and project future sales/projects. Having it all wrapped into one software system has been really beneficial for our organization.

Cons

Modifications and custom reports have taken quite a while to get completed. The reports eventually end up very high quality and pin point what we need to see, but in some cases, we are working on reports that we started more than 6 months ago for completion. By the time the report is done, we have had to create other internal tools or we find that we need additional features.

Lisa

Easy Projects has been a game changer by streamlining projects and improving work processes.

Reviewed on 1/2/2018

Pros

Easy Projects is very flexible. We began using the software focused on the work process between two specific divisions. Upon learning of the success among these teams, more divisions expressed interest and are currently being onboarded. Although their work process needs are completely unique and require individualized approaches to ensure success, this software has proven that it can expand and adapt as needed. Your imagination is the only limit with this product!

Cons

Although minor, there are still some areas that would ideally be changed to work better for our needs as a company. However, these particular areas can't be personalized yet so we have had to adapt our processes to fit the product. These areas have not hindered our work but I do look forward to the day when they can customize all features to the specific client accounts.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Easy Projects is easy to use

Reviewed on 12/1/2019

For a small company the tool works well. Easy Projects does fit the name. We started off using the tool for our department and it met our needs well. As we tried to bring other areas into the tool, it became clear that we needed more.

Pros

The ease of setup from scratch. We migrated our data from a home grown solution into Easy Projects which streamline our migration. Customer service helped a great deal during out implementation. A tool that follows the concept of keeping it simple.

Cons

As we advanced our business needs, the tool was not able to grow with us. For downloading attached project files had to be done one a one by one basis which is time consuming when you have 40 files to download. We could not directly access the files.

Michelle

Started with a demo for the need of a better inhouse job tracking system for our 2000 plus...

Reviewed on 1/2/2018

accountability between project managers and our creative staff. managed expectations with regards to budget and deadlines. Also helped with our ROI with certain clients where we have to charge per hour ( we are large in house marketing department who have not had to charge out).
The budgeting platform and invoice collection has bee so easy to manage and understand.

Pros

Extemly user friendly but more important the support and admin staff there have almost become family, helping us customize and work through our many growing pains of adding more and more divisions. Lots of custom work done on our behalf for a really personalized product.
Right now I feel we have only had positive experiences Even at times of connective glitches, they are dealt with right away and never last long enough to affect our workflow. They have become real partners in our work day.