Supermetrics

All your marketing data, wherever you need it.

3.7/5
4.2/5
4.0/5
3.7/5

Andrea

The easiest solution to import digital advertising data in data visualization tools

Reviewed on 1/7/2022

Pros

Supermetrics is the go-to industry solution for extracting metrics and dimensions from online marketing platforms and pulling them into spreadsheets or data visualization platforms. We use it to connect data from Google, Meta, LinkedIn, Shopify and many other vendors to power Google Data Studio dashboards and to send data to Google Sheets in order to perform analyses and create reports.
Supermetrics is simple, effective and reliable.

Cons

The Data Studio connector can get slow when connected to multiple ad accounts at once.
Supermetrics is also kind of expensive compared to some competitors, and doesn't offer bundles for professionals or agencies looking to connect a data source to multiple tools - for example, we use Google Data Studio to create dashboards and Google Sheets to analyze campaign results, and we need to buy two separate Supermetrics products to be able to do so.

Girish
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Review on API

Reviewed on 24/5/2022

Great

Pros

Query builder, easy to authenticate and connect to any social networking accounts, adopter to connect BI tools

Cons

Based on our requirement I found this tool a perfect solution

Zoho Expense

Reasons for Switching to Supermetrics

Other products do not have all connectors, and not easy to connect, high maintenance
Alaa

A great tool for creating accurate analytical reports

Reviewed on 21/6/2022

It's great to have the capabilities of Supermetrics, which enables us to pull data from a wide range of sources and arrange it in a way that suits what we are looking for, which enables us to perfectly control that data, and to produce comprehensive reports that enable the decision makers in our team to make the appropriate decisions.

Pros

Supermetrics is a great tool, and because of its ease of use we were able to save a lot of effort and time that was wasted pulling data from different sources, then merging and formatting them. Supermetrics has enabled us to easily set up and create comprehensive dashboards that include aggregated and combined data from many sources, and I really appreciate the ease of formatting them using Supermetrics in a way that works for us. I love the fact that we are able to handle so many data sources, advertising platforms, social media as well as YouTube, and the high capabilities that Supermetrics provides us with which we were able to extract real, organized and coordinated information showing actual traffic within specific time frames.

Cons

Supermetrics doesn't have a lot of dislikes, and I really appreciate it helping us produce comprehensive analytical reports. Supermetrics just needs some flexibility, so we can customize more tools, so we can pull in more data, sort and combine it, and log it into new fields.

Udi

Very buggy with extremely bad customer support

Reviewed on 26/7/2022

A great deal of frustration

Pros

Even though it's not very user-friendly, confusing, or expensive, I've used it for years, because it did the job I needed, which was to connect different data sources in one spreadsheet. well.. that was until recently. now it's not working anymore.

Cons

There has been an issue with the HubSpot connector for more than 4 weeks (still not resolved). Our marketing reports are based on Supermetrics, and we use them every day. Our reports have been missing for a month now, not just a few hours, not a few days, not a week, a month! and they do not contact me or give any update unless I contact them. By the way, the bills keep coming. what a joke?!. It is such a buggy product (always has been), so many users are confused by it, and the pricing model is constantly changing. Now, the fundamentals aren't working. It is such a huge disappointment and frustration.

Jack
  • Industry: Music

Great for Visualizing Data via Google Data Studio

Reviewed on 25/5/2022

I having been using Supermetrics for many years in my various marketing roles. I find it essential in making good marketing decisions by utilizing actionable reports with clean visualizations.

Pros

Pulling data with ease to Google Data Studio

Cons

Paying extra for more data connectors and occasionally some connectors seem to pull in correct data.

Funnel

Reasons for Switching to Supermetrics

Pricing and a plan with the data connectors I needed.
Sebastian

Good alternative for social media analytics and reporting

Reviewed on 17/5/2022

Pros

It allows you not only to report on your own social media accounts, but you can get public data on competitors profiles in platforms like Instagram and Facebook.

Cons

Setup takes longer than other, more expensive, platforms in the market, and you want to save historic data, you need to use Google Sheets or other platform of your own.

Johnna
  • Industry: Legal Services

Supermetrics Review.

Reviewed on 9/7/2022

Overall I would recommend Supermetrics to others.

Pros

We primarily use Supermetrics as an integration connector for Google Data Studio. We have also used it as a google sheets integration. Both have worked very well for us. It’s an intuitive set up and the data is reliable and automatically refreshes.

Cons

The pricing plan, you used to be able to pay per individual connector. I believe they now have tiers for the google sheets integration.

Raúl

Powerful but expensive reporting

Reviewed on 20/6/2022

Pros

The best thing is the versatility it gives you when it comes to connecting with countless sources, which, unlike Data Studio, is much more limited

Cons

It is a tool that, unless you manage to monetize it in your company, is quite expensive for the options on the market.

Octoboard for Agencies, Swydo and Google Data Studio

Swydo
Arsenuy
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

I have overhauled the way we track performance with Supermetrics

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

I run a little empire of self-updating reports that track various aspects of our social, content and brand marketing, using Supermetrics. This includes ongoing trackers or Facebook and Instagram (both organic and paid), YouTube, Twitter, web analytics, dedicated trackers for multi-platform brand campaigns, as well as ad-hoc reports that are really fast and 100% customisable.

Pros

The fact that I spend no time collecting/pulling in the data and can customise the way I visualise and aggregate it in any way I need.

Cons

It's not the most user-friendly interface, but I still appreciate it's ultimate flexibility.

Great tool for data in marketing but too expensive for small business

Reviewed on 1/4/2022

Pros

It great data quality.
Its the top tool in the market for data in marketing.

Integrations and addon for sheet is easy to use.

Cons

Pricing is too high for small business.
They don't do discounts.

DigiXport
Dr David
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Terrible customer service, refusing to refund a billing error

Reviewed on 12/2/2022

Problem with Supermetrics billing. This year, we were billed in error because of a miscommunication with the team. The entire year we have not used the service, not even once. Now, Supermetrics (PIC) is refusing to provide a refund for the fee that was charged. When you sign up for a service, you place trust in a company that any issue like this will be solved easily and fairly. And with many SAAS companies that is the case. However, with Supermetrics it's different. I am now sharing this experience in the hope my experience will help other customers to make a good decision and not use this service, but instead choose a company that puts customers first and will agree a refund in a clear case of mistake when the service was not used.

Pros

Functionality mathes what we were expecting

Cons

Billing policy - unclear, some option for Auto-renew but it shows next to the previous year not the current year so easy to trick into a renewal in error.

Customer service - when I approached with a problem, no energy to solve it [Sensitive Content ]and just pushing the problem around, refusing to solve and trying to drag terms out of the small print to support their inaction.

Trust - treating me as someone trying to cheat the company when in fact we paid in error due to unclear billing portal (experiences shared by many customers just look at their facebook page).

General stupidity - for some reason they feel like clinging on to the $828 they owe us as a refund is somehow good for Supermetrics, when clearly taking advantage of a customer that shared their card details and placed trust in Supermetrics. Well now is the final chance for Supermetrics to put this right. I can't force them to provide a refund but I can ensure the story is shared in full detail so that other customers don't fall into this trap and that will no doubt be 100x more expensive to Supermetrics than treating us with respect and providing the due refund with a smile when we asked.

Response from Supermetrics

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand your frustration and apologize for your bad experience.

We have reviewed your specific case and reached out to remedy the situation. We hope that we can come to an agreement that works for all parties involved.

If you would like to share your experiences with us in more detail, we'd be happy to sit down and chat. Feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected]

Best,
Aleks

Guido

Fast (and pricy) connector with lots of supported sources and destinations

Reviewed on 17/2/2022

I use it to connect data from different marketing sources to DataStudio, Google Sheet and BigQuery (though I'm moving to Stitch Data for BigQuery, as it is way less expensive than Supermetrics)

Pros

It is very easy to configure and set up. It has many connections. It is almost plug&play. The connection for Google Sheet has an intuitive interface where you can build the queries and filters to your data. The support team is extremely fast and usually gets back to you with on-point solutions.

Cons

It is very expensive. The basic licenses usually have some connectors included, but it's easy to end up needing a connector not included and this obviously has an extra cost. From time to time, scheduled queries in Google Sheet don't run (and I rarely get a warning email).

Santosh

Essential for your Google Data Studio Reports

Reviewed on 13/2/2022

An essential, really, so have to recommend it if you are a digital agency. Some rough edges, as with any product, need to be sanded, is all.

Pros

The fact that it can bring various third party data into non-Google products in a Data Studio dashboard is a major plus. We cannot have our Data Studio Dashboards functioning without Supermetrics support.

Cons

Connectors break way too often than we'd like. Sometimes data fields etc get deprecated or connectors require reauthorization - all without warning which is less than ideal. A more robust update process might be ideal.

Pedro
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Good for building web dashboard

Reviewed on 6/11/2018

Overall good tool but could improve with offering more integrations.

Pros

The connectors it has to several platforms and also the predefined dashboards that allow you to pull data from different data sources like FB/GA etc in a very easy way and the plug it into nice dashboards.

Price wise is very competitive.

Cons

I missed connectors to ecommerce platforms like Shopify or magento as it will be very useful for ecommerce users to add that data to do analysis.

i also did not like that data only refreshes automatically every day, if not you need to do it manually.

Andrey

Supermetrics makes my life a lot easier for analyzing huge volume of data

Reviewed on 20/10/2017

Getting precise data from Google Analytics in more convenient and customized way.

Pros

I like the flexibility of using different metrics and the main feature I love the most is being able to avoid Google's data sampling which is impossible when using native Google Analytics interface.

Cons

Everything is perfect now. Before I had a problem reaching support when they used Google Products forum for communication with customers, but now they have a private ticketing system which is more convenient to use and I receive a really fast response for my questions each time.

• Industry: Veterinary

Great Product

Reviewed on 24/5/2022

My overall experience has been very positive, as a marketing analyst this product is a lifesaver

Pros

It makes pulling data so easy and replicable. You can also set it to refresh on a daily/weekly/monthly cadence which saves me so much time and energy. I love being able to log in to tableau and see all of my dashes automatically updated each morning.

Cons

Sometimes the connection to Facebook breaks and I need to go in and manually pull a refresh. Also a bit costly.

Jon

Supermetrics Tools and Team are truly top-notch.

Reviewed on 15/1/2021

My experience with the Supermetrics team is what truly takes their software/service to the next level. Their operations support team is quick to respond, eager to help, and ambitious with their goals of keeping their customers happy.

I have never seen such a responsive, personable, and all together helpful team of individuals. I will recommend Supermetrics 10 out of 10 times.

Pros

The datastudio connection capabilities are relatively simple to set up and extremely useful. Supermetrics works seamlessly with Google's system to provide killer live-reporting tools for high-level KPIs.

Cons

There is not much to dislike here. The price is extremely fair in relation to the competition. The only slight drawback is the initial linking takes a small time commitment, but once a connection is made via Datastudio the rest is quick and seamless.

Jay

Saves time, but not as much as I hoped it would

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

I appreciate the time saved by having Supermetrics pull all my social media and advertising KPI's but I wish it was a bit more reliable.

Pros

I love being able to pick and choose which dimensions/metrics are pulled into spreadsheets and the UI is easy to use.

Cons

I am routinely frustrated to find that my daily queries have been failing for a week or more without notifying me. Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram all give me issues with this.

Leigh
  • Industry: Hospitality

Lost without it!

Reviewed on 17/5/2022

Supermetrics is one of the strongest players in the market and my recommended data connector.

Pros

As a marketing analyst Supermetrics simplifies reporting and gives me abs my teams more time to analyze the data for key results and action items.

Cons

Occasionally the connectors will time out or break. The Supermetrics support team is always available to help troubleshoot and remedy the issues.

Thiago
  • Industry: Online Media

Pricey, but a life saver

Reviewed on 27/7/2021

That's the best friend for online media analysts. We can get all our metrics in one place to cross data and do more accurate analysis.

Pros

The easiest way to get metrics from almost all channels in one place. A perfect partner to Google Sheets or Data Studio.

Cons

It's pricey, specially for brazilian users like me.

Henry

There are cheaper, better, easier options.

Reviewed on 8/7/2021

Frustrating and slow. We never attained the level of insight or tracking that we hoped, and after we had the tool set up we still had to manually track and record performance data. If this tool cost 1/3 of what they charge it might be worth it, but Supermetrics is right in the middle: It tries to do too much and makes it messy and not user-friendly; and it tries to be easy to use, which makes the messiness of the tool harder to control. It will add hours and sap dollars.

Pros

It does mostly do what it purports to: takes data from different sources and blends them into a Data Studio dashboard. In general, that is possible with this tool.

Cons

Messy data - connecting new channels creates multiple different sources, and pulls in tons of data automatically that you don't need or requires you to manually sort through the list of data to select. Not efficient.

Not the easiest set up - if you're hoping to get more team members onboard as users, they had better have some background in data.

Pricing - Going off the above, I thought the price point was worth it because of the ease of use. But with the messiness and overall "hacked together" feeling of the tool, the justification for the price is lost.

Social tracking - Social media tracking is incomplete and never provided what my team wanted from it. We ended up tracking IG stories with UTM tags and maintaining our own creative performance charts.... because that manual work was easier (possible) than using Supermetrics.

Customer Support - Neither me nor my team used supermetrics for a couple of months, and came to the conclusion that it doesn't suit our needs and doesn't provide all the power and insight it claimed to. I emailed support to cancel. It took them days to respond - coincidentally, they didn't answer until the day after that month's auto-pay went through. When they did respond they pointed to their terms of service, which had updated dramatically at some point during my contract, and said they aren't going to cancel. Not being able to cancel a tool that doesn't work for you should disqualify it from consideration in your techstack.

Laura
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simple awesomeness

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

Awesome

Pros

It's the best product ever for managing any PPC activity. My former boss introduced me to this amazing product and I couldn't be more grateful. It makes my life super easy.

Cons

The haven't created yet a connector for Adjust or Bing Ads what would make the product a A++.

• Industry: Cosmetics
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Lifesaving tool

Reviewed on 7/2/2018

It saves me lot of time on daily basis. Worth every cent

Pros

I am managing 15 AdWords account with big budgets and lots of campaigns which requires daily monitoring. I am using Supermetrics to import all important metrics from AdWords and Analytics and get a quick overview of managed accounts performance and I can quickly see where and what I can improve instead of logging into each account and manually checking tens of campaigns

Cons

I would like better error reporting. Sometimes (not too often) data can't be pulled and it isn't clearly visible what is the reason.

Shaun

Best Decision For Dashboards + Ongoing Reporting

Reviewed on 24/6/2019

Overall I'm very happy with Supermetrics and the pros far outweigh the cons. It has become a critical tool in my day to day marketing & management toolbox.

Pros

I like that Supermetrics for sheets integrates seamlessly with Google Data Studio allowing me to supercharge my reporting capabilities. I am able to pull data from multiple sources and refresh it daily making sure all stakeholders have up-to-date relevant data at all time.

Cons

There are a few reporting features I would like to see like reports via labels for Google Ads and Facebook customer conversions could be simplified.

Laura

The most essential data tool!

Reviewed on 17/5/2022

Supermetrics makes reporting much more convenient and approachable than it once was. Reporting typically takes our agency 3-5 days to complete, but this streamlines the process immensely.

Pros

The ability to create 1 report per client with cross-channel information instead of creating an intense spreadsheet network or multiple reports is essential to our business. Supermetrics is extremely helpful with data compilation and visualization for our clients.

Cons

There are some features that are not the most user-friendly, but once you start experimenting more and getting used to the software, it becomes easier over time.