Supermetrics

All your marketing data, wherever you need it.

3.8/5

Lifesaving tool

Reviewed on 7/2/2018

It saves me lot of time on daily basis. Worth every cent

It saves me lot of time on daily basis. Worth every cent

Pros

I am managing 15 AdWords account with big budgets and lots of campaigns which requires daily monitoring. I am using Supermetrics to import all important metrics from AdWords and Analytics and get a quick overview of managed accounts performance and I can quickly see where and what I can improve instead of logging into each account and manually checking tens of campaigns

Cons

I would like better error reporting. Sometimes (not too often) data can't be pulled and it isn't clearly visible what is the reason.

Alaa

A great tool for creating accurate analytical reports

Reviewed on 21/6/2022

It's great to have the capabilities of Supermetrics, which enables us to pull data from a wide range of sources and arrange it in a way that suits what we are looking for, which enables us to perfectly control that data, and to produce comprehensive reports that enable the decision makers in our team to make the appropriate decisions.

Pros

Supermetrics is a great tool, and because of its ease of use we were able to save a lot of effort and time that was wasted pulling data from different sources, then merging and formatting them. Supermetrics has enabled us to easily set up and create comprehensive dashboards that include aggregated and combined data from many sources, and I really appreciate the ease of formatting them using Supermetrics in a way that works for us. I love the fact that we are able to handle so many data sources, advertising platforms, social media as well as YouTube, and the high capabilities that Supermetrics provides us with which we were able to extract real, organized and coordinated information showing actual traffic within specific time frames.

Cons

Supermetrics doesn't have a lot of dislikes, and I really appreciate it helping us produce comprehensive analytical reports. Supermetrics just needs some flexibility, so we can customize more tools, so we can pull in more data, sort and combine it, and log it into new fields.

Udi

Very buggy with extremely bad customer support

Reviewed on 26/7/2022

A great deal of frustration

A great deal of frustration

Pros

Even though it's not very user-friendly, confusing, or expensive, I've used it for years, because it did the job I needed, which was to connect different data sources in one spreadsheet. well.. that was until recently. now it's not working anymore.

Cons

There has been an issue with the HubSpot connector for more than 4 weeks (still not resolved). Our marketing reports are based on Supermetrics, and we use them every day. Our reports have been missing for a month now, not just a few hours, not a few days, not a week, a month! and they do not contact me or give any update unless I contact them. By the way, the bills keep coming. what a joke?!. It is such a buggy product (always has been), so many users are confused by it, and the pricing model is constantly changing. Now, the fundamentals aren't working. It is such a huge disappointment and frustration.

Marah
  • Industry: Restaurants

It helps to collect and integrate data from its sources easier.

Reviewed on 10/1/2023

We have a more complete picture of the outcomes and have incorporated them directly into our marketing goals and plans thanks to Supermetrics, which has simplified our data management and allowed us to extend the breadth of data sources thanks to its rapid integration.

Pros

I really like what Supermetrics provides in terms of tools and capabilities for uncomplicated access to many reliable data sources that we need. I love the fact that Supermetrics provides powerful process automation, especially when it comes to merging data from multiple sources, which I really appreciate because in the past I struggled a lot when merging data from multiple sources. Much appreciated the integration with Google Sheet, as this enables us to pull in data quickly and neatly. The metrics provided by Supermetrics are powerful and enable us to organize the collected data according to the priorities that have been set, and I find this important to help us get the results we are looking for accurately.

Cons

In order to get the most out of the tools Supermetrics provides, you must put in the time and effort required to master them.

Alexandre
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Very good, but expensive.

Reviewed on 19/2/2023

Pros

Supermetrics is a complete tool to extract data from multiple sources. Very easy to use, with multiple connectors and other features like scheduling, saving queries, etc.What I most like is the range of connects they have that differ from smaller competitors.

Cons

I do not see any features missing for my use, but what I do not like is that they are way more expensive than other tools. You can't compare the prices, Supermetrics is really hard to afford, specially living outside US.

Dataslayer

Reasons for Choosing Supermetrics

Price / value for money.

Dataslayer
Arsenuy
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

I have overhauled the way we track performance with Supermetrics

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

I run a little empire of self-updating reports that track various aspects of our social, content and brand marketing, using Supermetrics. This includes ongoing trackers or Facebook and Instagram (both organic and paid), YouTube, Twitter, web analytics, dedicated trackers for multi-platform brand campaigns, as well as ad-hoc reports that are really fast and 100% customisable.

Pros

The fact that I spend no time collecting/pulling in the data and can customise the way I visualise and aggregate it in any way I need.

Cons

It's not the most user-friendly interface, but I still appreciate it's ultimate flexibility.

Andrey

Supermetrics makes my life a lot easier for analyzing huge volume of data

Reviewed on 20/10/2017

Getting precise data from Google Analytics in more convenient and customized way.

Pros

I like the flexibility of using different metrics and the main feature I love the most is being able to avoid Google's data sampling which is impossible when using native Google Analytics interface.

Cons

Everything is perfect now. Before I had a problem reaching support when they used Google Products forum for communication with customers, but now they have a private ticketing system which is more convenient to use and I receive a really fast response for my questions each time.

Jon

Supermetrics Tools and Team are truly top-notch.

Reviewed on 15/1/2021

My experience with the Supermetrics team is what truly takes their software/service to the next level. Their operations support team is quick to respond, eager to help, and ambitious with their goals of keeping their customers happy.

I have never seen such a responsive, personable, and all together helpful team of individuals. I will recommend Supermetrics 10 out of 10 times.

Pros

The datastudio connection capabilities are relatively simple to set up and extremely useful. Supermetrics works seamlessly with Google's system to provide killer live-reporting tools for high-level KPIs.

Cons

There is not much to dislike here. The price is extremely fair in relation to the competition. The only slight drawback is the initial linking takes a small time commitment, but once a connection is made via Datastudio the rest is quick and seamless.

It is beneficial to have all data sources in a single system

Reviewed on 22/8/2022

Supermetrics is solving the issue of time. We save a substantial amount of time by having our data pulls occur automatically daily, rather than individually accessing each advertising platform and retrieving the statistics for a certain period.

Pros

It functions immediately. It can deliver voluminous data to Google Universal Analytics, Google Sheets, and other destinations. It has many connectors (such as databases, BigQuery, or DataStudio). Some connectors must be manually configured using API keys, even though the documentation is thorough and straightforward.

Cons

It does not always work when the date ranges are larger than normal or when you request data that is segmented along many dimensions. However, customer service is always accessible to assist you with any problems that may arise.

Chhaya
Chhaya
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

This tool is easy to use, powerful and great for collecting data!!

Reviewed on 18/9/2022

Pros

It is very easy to use and very fast to connect API data with super metrics. Marketing platform reporting can be automated by using Supermetrics. Reports can be scheduled and shared via email on daily or recurring basis.

Cons

Supermetrics is quite expensive in comparison with other tool available in the market. There can be no more than one user can allowed to use this tool at one time.

Jeffrey

Horrible Customer Support

Reviewed on 6/9/2019

Product has potential, but without responses from support I can't do what I need.

Pros

It was easy to install, seems like it has a lot of potential.

Cons

Have emailed this company and they do not reply to support requests. Moving to AdStage instead.

AdStage

Reasons for Choosing Supermetrics

No reply from support

AdStage

Reasons for Switching to Supermetrics

Adstage is very responsive, even though it is more expensive, it is worth it.
Jay

Saves time, but not as much as I hoped it would

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

I appreciate the time saved by having Supermetrics pull all my social media and advertising KPI's but I wish it was a bit more reliable.

Pros

I love being able to pick and choose which dimensions/metrics are pulled into spreadsheets and the UI is easy to use.

Cons

I am routinely frustrated to find that my daily queries have been failing for a week or more without notifying me. Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram all give me issues with this.

Johnna
  • Industry: Legal Services

Supermetrics Review.

Reviewed on 9/7/2022

Overall I would recommend Supermetrics to others.

Overall I would recommend Supermetrics to others.

Pros

We primarily use Supermetrics as an integration connector for Google Data Studio. We have also used it as a google sheets integration. Both have worked very well for us. It’s an intuitive set up and the data is reliable and automatically refreshes.

Cons

The pricing plan, you used to be able to pay per individual connector. I believe they now have tiers for the google sheets integration.

Mark
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Good tool for extracting multiple data sets from multiple data sources

Reviewed on 17/5/2022

Pros

Easy to use, can connect to multiple data connectors. We use it for the google suite & social media.

Cons

Sometimes can be prone to errors, would like a few more connectors available. Socialbakers etc.

Jelle

Big expectations but big failure

Reviewed on 28/1/2020

So yeah, we in the organisation and I in particular had high expectations. I told people who were reliant on the dashboard that with the help of Supermetrics our dashboards would kick ass. That was a mistake.

Pros

The promises were big, but they were not kept. Link any data source to your Google Data Studio reports, that's awesome. However, following all guides multiple times it turned out it's not that easy and I'm not even sure it's my fault

Cons

So yeah onboarding is a mess.
You have your account, you have teams you have licenses you add to team members, you have your sources accounts that you link to your teams. That's a big mess.
Then you have to link your Supermetrics account to your data sources in Google Data Studio, and even though you've paid the hefty price of 100$ (but it's reasonable I must admit), it says your trial has expired. Uhm, what?

Maximilian
Maximilian

Best Tool to start getting into Social Media Analytics

Reviewed on 7/8/2021

Pros

Supermetrics provides a lot of connectors and with the Google Sheets integration provides a great deal of flexibility.

Cons

The reliability of the Google Sheets integration is quite bad. Especially huge queries tend to fail quite often and sometimes incremental refreshes are screwing up. Also their customer support got better in the last years, but it is not really easy to solve problems once they occur.

Rick

Without the best bit of software we'e found this year!

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

We used to struggle to be able to keep a track of our lead generation clients and where they were against lead volume, spend and whether they were on trend. This solved the problem, with a plug in to alert when we meet our cap levels, sending an email and even creating a task on our trello board.

Pros

The flexability of Supermetrics is what makes this stand out. We have created a dashboard through Google sheets, plugged into our MCC. We can then pull all of our conversions into it with spend, target CPA and use a traffic light system to target lead volume and target CPA. Very cool

Cons

Using the dashboard we created, it is not updated in a "live" environment. This used to updated every hour, however it's currently 3/4 times a hour now. Not a big issue.

Melvin
Melvin
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Used this trial, but did not get approved for paid version

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

Very good. Would highly recommend as it really automates and drops a lot of drag in reporting.
In...

In terms of data privacy, there might be some scrutiny or assurance needed from Supermetrics/

Pros

Used the free trial. Supermetrics is amazing. It connects to all the major players to get the extremely valuable data dumps. Connect this to Google data studio or equivalent and reporting is automatically done.

Cons

There is a cost involved, which makes sense. The cost model might not be simple to understand due to cap to calls and such. Might be harder for C-suites to understand (That was my experience). Data privacy wise as well might be an issue. I had left my previous company before all this got checked

Lauren

Great data connector

Reviewed on 17/5/2022

Pros

This has saved our teams 30+ hours a month that used to be used to pull data manually. These data connectors now pull everything into our dashboards with ease. It's an amazing time saver and connects with the majority of our platforms.

Cons

Some of the social metrics can get a little weird, I think that's more of the platforms than Supermetrics, though.

Serbay Arda
Serbay Arda
  • Industry: Online Media

Automating stats is fun

Reviewed on 8/9/2020

Pros

Don't need to do any development, love to use products' API in google sheets. Also automation is another good point which saves time.

Cons

It is very expensive also they are packages arent clear. User numbers are extremely low even if you pay 300+ USD/month

Martina

Supermetrics

Reviewed on 25/3/2021

Pros

Has many integrations and can retrieve informations from a lot of sources. Flexible tool!

Cons

Slow. Sometimes gets confusing because it changes settings slowly and interface is monotone

Daniel
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Impossible to get started with

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

To sum up, if you know Supermetrics already - or have a friend that does -, then you can probably get a nice end result. If you're new, I would never recommend it. You're left completely to yourself with no customer support.

Pros

So I have seen Supermetrics Sheets that work great. Once it works, it's a great tool.

Cons

I have tried to get started with Supermetrics for 28 days now, and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a software provider. It's difficult to find out how to get started with building data sheets, but the worst part of the product? - Customer support is utterly useless. I've tried contacted them three or four times to get started. They answer inadequately and is unable to help you with even simply requests. Oh yeah, and you're likely to wait up to a week for an answer that does not solve your problem.

• Industry: Online Media

Never had so many problems with software

Reviewed on 21/2/2020

Very bad, but they are unique in what they do. So I just hope we can get it working.

Pros

The promises made sound great: connect supermetrics with your data sources like Hubspot and the use that data in Google Data Studio reports.

Cons

The promises unkept. Problems with licenses and no way to easily solve this. The guide they give is incomplete. The support takes ages to answer - and this for a $100/mo product. Not ok!

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Supermetrics for Ad Agencies

Reviewed on 17/5/2022

Pros

The most useful part of this software is its light-weight integrations with things we actually use, like google products (sheets, data studio, etc). We can manage the data from there, and pump them into our visualizations.

Cons

We're a large agency, and there's a fee per-account that we pull in. Also, the visualization options aren't exhaustive.

Nihad

Easy to import Advertising data into Google Sheets

Great product if you need to automate reporting

Great product if you need to automate reporting

Pros

Provides robust reporting imports for Google Ads/Facebook

Cons

Refreshes on Google sheets sometimes is a bit finicky