Nanonets OCR

OCR and deep learning platform for digitizing documents

4.7/5
4.9/5
4.9/5
5.0/5

Muhammad A.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

we can start create a custom model by uploading 10 samples, nanonet can read whatever the position of the document and whatever the kind of document type

Pros

This software is really impactful, easy to adopt, easy to make a custom model, flexible to deploy

Cons

limited output when implemented on-premise

UiPath, Kofax Power PDF and ABBYY FineReader PDF

Reasons for Choosing Nanonets OCR

because it was really painful to create a model, and the extraction result was very bad

Reasons for Switching to Nanonets OCR

because Nanonets is very easy to use and has competitive price
Johan C.

Great Customer Service & Software

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

Just like any other product in the world, customer service/support must be of outmost importance. In Nanonets, fortunately, this was not the exception. We received great attention from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who provided support 24/7 and was always willing to assist.

Pros

Probably one of the easiest softwares to use in the industry. Anyone without prior experience can upload data and extract it with their solution.

Cons

There should be better documentation on the Cancellation Policy, but besides this none.

Cloud Vision

Reasons for Switching to Nanonets OCR

Nanonets has probably the best turnkey solution in the industry for the extraction of data off documents such as Government issued IDs. This allows any company to automate profile verification with ease.
Aman L.

Best Place to find OCR Software with high accuracy

Reviewed on 15/12/2021

We are using it for automating the KYC Onboarding process for our customers, and filling in address details and other information is a time-consuming process. But this platform has improved our users' onboarding experience, and we are happy to integrate it into our system.

Pros

Nanonets is one of the best OCR software I have ever used. I like this platform the most because of its high accuracy models. I am very happy for using this platform into our product.

Cons

I didn't find any reason to dislike the platform. The features this platform provides are excellent, and I would recommend this platform to everyone who needs to automate the data extraction process from various documents.

Dhifallah O.
  • Industry: Animation

Enormous time saving witn Nanonets

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

Enormous time saving

Pros

comprehensible technical documentation for all products
easy to use and easy to train the models in Invoice OCR product

Cons

the design part in "Invoice OCR" product.

Ajit K.

Just go for it - Awesome

Reviewed on 5/1/2022

Overall, my experience was great because it solved my purpose. Even the trial version seamlessly worked! I am happy that I used this tool. And I am sure 54 students whom I trained might go for this if they needed it at their workplace.

Pros

Nononet is easy to use. I am in the teaching profession. I had to demonstrate how the procurement department can make use of Nanonet to MBA students. I provided them with some scanned bills to train the model and later another set to test. It worked like a magic. My 54 students were happy and satisfied.

Cons

Probably, Nononet can provide some sample datasets so that learners will feel comfortable. Also use-cases! They may consider providing more facilities to instructors so that they can teach this powerful tool even better.

Dmitry M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Useful and simple OCR service for data preprocessing

Reviewed on 21/9/2021

I'm writing master thesis and working with data analysis technics. In my case Nanonets OCR goes to process with handwritten text with the best accuracy. It gave well-build structured data that can be taken for further modeling. Also I must admin the fact, that with API it gives many opputunities in different ML spheres, not only text analysis

Pros

High accuracy without standard limits, that allowed to process almost any image or document
User-friendly output formats directly or via modern API
Possibility to train own model or use pretrained one

Cons

Just one tip to add some SQL extension as output formats

Yoga P.

really good OCR software i ever seen

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

it's flexible to extract any type of document you need

Pros

easy to use, UI friendly, non-developer can use this apps, can integrate into many API

Cons

not compatible to mark sample when it's rotating 20º, and can't do flexible shape of marking

• Used Monthly for Free Trial

I love that the OCR extraction from PDF just works

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

It was great, I found the tool. I created and account. Within minutes I had the results I expected. Very pleased with how easy and useful it is.

Pros

I really liked the interface and how it was straightforward to get my documents into the system, and get my data out of the uploaded document. I also really liked the options for massaging the extracted data before finalizing it. It is clear that Nanonets has considered a lot of the pain points around extracting data from PDF files ( for example ).

Cons

As I mentioned before, the price point is very high. I understand that this is a tool mainly aimed at businesses for regular text extraction, but I am a researcher and have less money and don't need to use the software as much, would be good to have an affordable paid options.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Saved time reading documents with Nanonets

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Overall positive experience. Most of the features that need to be built-in are, and the team is willing to help otherwise

Pros

Helped us save time by automating data extraction at scale

Cons

Sometimes you need to have calls with the team to help them annotate unusual parts of a document

Ahmed A.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Best OCR solution for multi-language text detection

Reviewed on 6/12/2021

It is easy to use. Provides accurate results. Very user-friendly.

Pros

The solution is able to detect multiple languages at the same time with fantastic results.

Cons

I wish it could automatically extract documents from images, like extracting id cards from image.

Adrian L.
  • Used for Free Trial

Quickest and most accurate OCR annotation I've used to date, bonus points for their customer...

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

I needed to perform OCR annotation and extraction (image to text), with the base images being close to a tabulated format.

The immediate benefit was to have the data exported (CSV) in a clean table layout that perfectly coordinated with the layout in its image form.

The data was [*]100% accurate for all data rows which were human-legible.

*They offered hands-on help with annotation to ensure that my training models resulted in an accurate
production result – take advantage of this extra help! It'll save you time and the outcome (data) will be precise.

Pros

The OCR annotation was accessible, quick and accurate 👌

Their customer service was also proactive in assisting me with the initial annotation for the training models, with a speedy turnaround that enabled me to extract and export my data within 24 hours of registering my account.

Cons

I didn't like that the table annotation (list items) has opaque column headers, which means that you have to
zoom in and readjust the table size when the column headers happen to be floating over a valid (legible) data row.

Nevertheless, I pinged the team about this and they were aware of the issue - they have it on their roadmap
for UX improvements.

Ralph Z.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

First stage of data input to collect data room data in a DD process using MarkLogic Data Hub

Reviewed on 12/2/2021

Contract onboarding, Due Diligence - very good product and a perfect service by the pre-sales consultant!

Pros

The system can be calibrated to recognise information from any document type! It takes about 60 minutes to calibrate and you can start reading these documents automatically!

Cons

I was not sure, whether Nanonets provides cloud services in european data centres?

Rossum

Better Features and Services
Jon C.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Custom PDF conversion

Reviewed on 26/4/2021

Nanonets team (Sales and Engineering) quickly understood the need and implemented what was needed. They also responded very quickly to the contract terms our legal team requested with no friction.

Pros

We have many different data feeds we intake and perform ELT processes, but could only get PDF files for a new custom program. Nanonets software approach made it easy for me to fully automate the conversion from PDF to normalized data we can quickly ingest.

Cons

Integration was very easy. Once we customized the export with Nanonets it only takes a few short minutes daily to process. Once this is out of pilot, we will fully automate with no human touch needed.

Alessandro B.

Food label OCR Recognition

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

I'm a AI italian student and I'm writing on my degree thesis. I'm working on a regional project. I developed a mobile application that use a Amazon OCR, that recognize the animal batch on a label food.
My target is to elaborate the dataset with some processing and segmentation techniques and process them on a simple OCR; then I compare my results with a pre-trained OCR. In my thesis I'll quote also Nanonets that it was the most powerful pre-trained system for text recognition.

Pros

Nanonets it's the most powerful OCR software.

Cons

Probably nothing. I think it is also useful and smarty.

Gagandeep singh N.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Extract details from contracts & invoices

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

My overall experience with Nanonets has been delightful to say the least. The ease of implementation, administration, and use makes our jobs easier when it comes to digitizing large volumes of agreements, invoices, and other partnerships related documents.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to intake large volumes of documents, reasonable price point

Cons

No issues faced so far, the experience has been excellent.

Majesta K.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Nanonets is a game changer

Reviewed on 30/7/2021

We are using Nanonets (free) to process handwritten forms. In order to automatically import them into our CRM. It has already saved us a lot of time.

Pros

What stood out most to me was how user friendly it is. It's an excellent user experience from start to finish. If you have a game plan for what and how you want to process something it is as easy as 1 2 3. It is very easy to customize to our own forms and it gets better at it every time we use the software. Editing mistakes within the software is also very easy and way faster than when we would normally process the forms by hand.

Cons

Nanonets is based on AI that needs you to select the text to extract as closely as possible, whereas I feel for our handwritten forms it would be great to set markers for fields and after that, have the AI read all the text within that field. Just to avoid it mixing things up.
What would also be good is to be able to set field properties e.g.: numbers only, text, yes or no, like you would when using tables.

Chidambaram M.

Useful for extracting info

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

Pros

Had the setup in place for collecting info from financial docs.

Cons

Not much to dislike works pretty well from the beginning

Gabor H.

Great product!

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

I have very positive experience with Nanonets team. I think best in class in invoice data extraction.

Pros

High accuracy, easy to implement, excellent support team! Awesome annotation team!

Cons

We need post-processing the invoice data for creating structured data.

Ron B.

Excellent team driving the product forward

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

The team was very responsive and worked closely with us to perfect and tailor the product to our specific needs.

Pros

Agile ability to meet customers needs with speed.

Cons

None.

Naveen G.

good initial impressions

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Pros

the best part is OCR boxing to train models by labeling. I don't know any other product offering this kind of service. UI is great too.

Cons

Sometimes it just stops working suddenly. Not facing these issues for some time.

Elyas B.
  • Used for Free Trial

Best OCR I could find

Reviewed on 25/5/2021

Pros

This software was the best I could find for reading data from blurry PDF tables. It was able to infer the values of blurred or partial numbers fairly well, and after proper training it was effective at picking out the table structure. The turnaround time was quick - I was able to read and output hundreds of tables in a relatively short period.

Cons

The model training process is a little tedious and involved delineating the table structure by hand. This would have been a quicker process with a smoother user interface.

Prakash R.

Good to know Nanonets

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

As per my experience, Nanonets OCR is one of the best software for extraction. I really appreciate the team and company to give this kind of software for OCR implementation.

Pros

Easly to create a model and implementation where ever we can.

Cons

I think there is no least about this software. Everything is good.

Martin B.

Very positive

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

Much quicker than manual invoice processing which we were previously using.

Pros

Very high reliability when using documents of a fairly uniform template.

Cons

Annotation is quite time consuming but I cannot think of a way this could be avoided other than using your paid annotation service.
I think it is a necessity associated with the process.

Marshall K.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Everything we needed and great support

Reviewed on 12/2/2021

Does exactly what we needed. Got what we were sold. Great experience.

Pros

Our use case was performing OCR on around 750 pdfs a month of the same format but each with their own unique data. We use a zapier integration to populate the data and upload to our marketing platform of choice.

Does exactly what it is supposed to do.

The support team is amazing. Helped us get setup the whole way and checks in regularly to see how things are working or if we need anything.

Cons

A small learning curve but the support team trained me well and now I am able to manage myself.

Raffi K.
  • Industry: Automotive

Nanonets, the product I didnt think I needed

Reviewed on 9/9/2021

The customer service, and the product are unmatched. They will work with you and your needs, and the AI is powerful and responsive. just 10 test documents and its off to the races.

Pros

We have an issue in our firm, where bad data can cost us more than a lost receipt. Nanonets helped put a stop to that problem, by allowing our receipts to be OCR and searchable. No longer are we losing or missing data / bad data inputs. The computer does it for us

Cons

Unfortunately the price is a little bit on the steep end, but if it wasnt saving me money I wouldent be writing this review.