BEE Pro

The fastest, no-code email & landing page design suite.

4.8/5
4.6/5
4.9/5
4.7/5

87 Software options

Ian W.
  • Industry: Online Media

Easy, efficient, and robust. My favorite place to build emails

Reviewed on 17/4/2021

BEE Pro was a no brainer for us. It let us implement email in platform agnostic way with an editor that was on par or better than the native email builders (MailChimp, CC, SharpSpring, etc) we were using. The collaboration tools made working with my design team efficient and faster than before.

Most importantly the emails work in garbage email clients like Outlook without spending hours troubleshooting, which is a huge time saver.

Pros

Being able to save brand colors and fonts is invaluable when I’m hopping between clients. Little things like that make all the difference when selecting an email design platform.

Cons

When I first started using Bee the editor felt about one generation behind others like Mailchimp, however with the recent updates Bee meets and surpasses MC with its editors flexibility and ease of use.

Response from MailUp

Thanks for the kind words, Ian. Great to hear that the brand-level settings have been helpful: that's an area that we definitely want to keep improving, so if there are other ways that we can make it more efficient for you to switch between clients and save time, please let us know. Thanks again for your feedback!

Sarah T.

Amazing product I’ve been using for years!

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

AMAZING! The detail and thoroughness of my work has been highly revered at work as well as my personal portfolio projects.

Pros

It’s front-end based, plus true constant updates to functions makes this software easier to use each time.

Cons

Only the background image is full width. I wish that an update could include for in-line image blocks to do the same.

Response from MailUp Group

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for the kind words and for having been a customer for many years. In your review you indicated that the support you received wasn't stellar. If you have feedback for us there, please let us know. Thanks again!

Sergey C.

Handy template editor with flexible options for creating beautiful emails

Reviewed on 17/4/2021

My overall impression of BeePro is that it's a useful and really powerful tool for working with all types of email templates and a handy editor that greatly speeds up template creation and reduces the number of possible errors when creating templates.

I often coordinate the created templates with my clients, and BeePro helps me make changes to the templates quickly, according to the client's needs.

The ability to preview templates and reuse custom blocks created has greatly improved my work with templates and accelerated their creation.

BeePro lacks some speed and sometimes you may encounter Javascript errors in the editor, but they are promptly fixed by support.

Pros

The main advantages of BeePro, in my opinion:
1. It's easy to manage different types of templates for different types of clients.
2. Functional template editor with different content blocks, which are easy enough to adapt to customer requirements.
2.1 The editor is so flexible and visual that even a not entirely experienced user can work with it. I work mostly alone, but sometimes I pass the control of my account to a less experienced colleague, and he easily figured out the editor.
3. It is possible to save and reuse created custom blocks when creating other new templates.
3.1 You can look separately in the "Library" section of all my saved custom blocks and change any of them if necessary.
4. Flexible management of rows and sections - you can increase or decrease them directly in the editor, the function is relatively new, but it is very helpful in the work.
5. Quick preview of the template. You can see how the template will look on different devices - for me this is very critical.
6. Ability to send a test email of the created template without leaving the editor.
7. Very useful function of a quick view of the template structure

Cons

There are some things in BeePro that annoy me a bit:
1. The interface sometimes lags or freezes, especially when you work with a template for a long time.
1.1. The service needs to improve its speed. Currently the speed is average, possibly due to the effects of transition between pages and fairly heavy Javascript functions.
2. Sometimes, along with new features that appear in the editor, errors occur that reflect on previous features. I have had this happen 2 times. True support service quickly corrected the errors.
3. I noticed that autosave template in Firefox is not always correct, so I often manually save any changes just in case. I would also like that autosave mode could be configured independently.

Response from MailUp

Hey Sergey, thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review, highlighting both things that work well for you, and areas where we could do better. Rest assured that we have already passed your feedback to the product team, who will review it closely (and may follow up for more details, if you have time). Thanks again!!

Chad O.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Bee Pro is a game-changer.

Reviewed on 3/5/2021

AMAZING. Very easy, intuitive, and a total game-changer.

Pros

I use Bee multiple times every day Monday through Friday to make marketing emails for the art school that I work for as digital manager and it has become an invaluable tool for us, at this point. Bee integrates with Mailchimp seamlessly and the level of control and the number of options that Bee opened up for us after using just the Mailchimp email builder for years has changed the way we think about making emails entirely. It has really handy options and layouts that Mailchimp is missing. It is also priced very low, in my opinion, for the quality that you get. GREAT control over the mobile version of the emails that you are building. I cannot comment on customer service because I've never had to reach out to them for help. I've never had anything not work as it should.

Cons

There are ONLY two cons that I can think of for Bee and these may be something that a higher plan includes, I don't know. 1: Not an immense amount of font choices. (Still a decent selection but I would like to have more to play around with.) 2: Occasionally, an email I build in Bee will display differently in Mailchimp after it is exported. Very subtle, non-catastrophic differences like the text will be slightly wider and a word will drop to the next line when I don't intend for it. This is easily fixed by adjusting it in the Bee template though.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy to use, even for beginners

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

It really helped us creating our email templates quickly and easily.
We tried the results in many different mail clients and they are always picture perfect.
We use it for every kind of communication: newsletters (internal and external), DEMs, various communications (e.g. invitations to events, feedback after events, etc.).

Pros

BEE Pro doesn't require programming skills, knowledge of html coding or similar.
It is based on drag'n drop and is easily learnable by someone with little or no skills (I taught it to one colleague who had absolutely no experience in managing or authoring content on the web/for the web).
I like the variety of templates and of layout/grid options.
Configuring every block is easy and has become even easier along the way, because the company added more and features to make the tool more flexible and customizable, while keeping it simple.

Cons

There should be ways to choose a template and bulk change some configurations (e.g. font sizes/styles, template palette) instead of having to work on every single block.
There should be more options for editing text, with regard to line spacing and letter spacing.

Response from MailUp Group

Thanks for the positive feedback and for the suggestions on how to improve the product in terms of bulk changes & more control on text editing. We'll definitely pass those to the product team, but please reach out if you have more specific feedback on those areas. Thanks again!

Josh B.

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 20/4/2021

Have had a really positive experience - it has saved us time and headache in creating great emails without worrying about them not displaying in 3rd party systems. The only time I needed to reach out to support, they immediately helped us, and solved the issue.

Pros

Two things: first, the ease of use - the software provides the ability to design some really amazing custom emails. Secondly, the code is always clean and never interferes with 3rd party email management systems. We have used it on a number of email sending systems and the designs we create in BEE Pro are always pixel perfect.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily call this a con, but it would be great to have some additional builder elements and customization options, but it really hasn't impacted or limited what we have designed to date.

Response from MailUp

Hey Josh, thanks so much for the positive feedback. Yes, we are totally committed to saving time and headaches. You will see more and more features come out this year in that direction. Like turning an email into a landing page with a click, or vice versa. If there are areas where you feel we're not true to that promise, please let us know. We want to hear about it. Thanks again!

Scott M.
  • Industry: Banking

You are so close

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Overall great. Again, with some small updates, you guys would own this space.

Pros

Ease of coding is great. Right now our TchStack is HubSpot, Instapage, Email on Acid etc. If you guys could warp a "good version" of the others, you would kill it.

Cons

Small stuff like if I chose 3 cols. I cannot put a divider in between 2 & 3 pf 2 PX. Small stuff but drives me NUTS.

Response from MailUp Group

Thanks for your support, Scott. We agree that there is big potential here :-) And thanks for sharing the fact that there are things that still drive you nuts. Apart from the one you already shared, if you have more, please reach out: that is exactly the feedback that we want to hear. Thanks again!

Michelle D.
  • Industry: Publishing

Game Changer

Reviewed on 20/4/2021

BeePro has been a complete game-changer for me. It is so easy to build and edit emails with BeePro. Hands down my favorite program.

Pros

Bee Pro is the easiest software to learn. Within minutes you are creating beautiful responsive emails.

Cons

Every issue that I've had with the software has been addressed in updates.

Response from MailUp

Thanks for the kind words, Michelle! Very happy to hear not only that BEE Pro met your needs, but also that the frequent updates gradually addressed the issues that you were having with it. If there are things that still give you a headache, do not hesitate to let us know. Thanks again!

Daniel L.

Amazing Drag and Drop Builder

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

This software is amazing, you can create great emails in minutes (maybe a little more time at the beginning). You have a great library of templates to start with and they are amazing.

Pros

It is really easy to use, has the standard+ features you need to create a great email. I have been using this software for the past 2 years to create emails and it is a great solution. It is always improving, I have seen some many changes in the past years.

Cons

As a front end developer there are some things that can’t be done in the editor, but you can always export and modify the code afterwards.

Response from MailUp Group

Thanks for the positive feedback, Daniel. Great to hear you liked the improvements we shipped this year!

Genevieve B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

My Favorite Tool

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

BeePro has made my job so much easier. I was worried that I would be overwhelmed by tasks that include editing HTML and CSS coding.

Pros

I do not know how to write HTML or CSS. With BeePro, I have been able to piece together how to edit our system's email template - raising our email quality drastically. It is my go-to for all emails' designs!

Cons

It's not their fault...but I cannot get the background images to load on outlook at all. If that could be fixed, then BeePro would be perfect

Response from MailUp Group

Hi Genevieve, great to hear that BEE Pro's no-code approach has helped you! And you can rest assured that we will continue to invest in better & better Outlook compatibility.

Steve M.
  • Industry: Design

Great for designers with little coding knowledge

Reviewed on 27/4/2021

I'm cutting the cost of paying a developer to code the email.

Pros

I love having full control of designing a HTML email and then building it with ease in BeePro knowing that it will look and perform how I want it to. Usually I rely on a developer to undertake the coding process but now I can deliver the job from start to finish.

Cons

None! I've only benefited greatly from using this software.

Erik S.

Everything we need

Reviewed on 19/4/2021

We do a lot of work in the email space and needed something that allowed us to quickly craft and send HTML emails and allow for responsive/mobile customization. This checked every box for us plus some. Each new iteration that comes out continues to improve upon what Bee can do. All in all, this has been a very good experience for us.

Pros

Bee is super easy to use and has saved us countless hours of work. The ability to craft both a desktop and responsive/mobile version of our emails is crucial. And it just keeps getting better and better. Super impressed.

Cons

I honestly have nothing to share here. 🤷‍♂️

Response from MailUp

Hey Erik, great to hear that recent product improvements were well received! You will continue to see improved functionality come out this year, both for emails and for landing pages. If there's any area where we're not helping you get the job done, don't hesitate to let us know!

Kim G.

Just what we needed for email design

Reviewed on 21/4/2021

Pros

Very easy to start using and great for sharing templates across multiple email designers.

Cons

Sometimes the drag and drop functionality can switch too quickly or menus will cover up areas of the email you need to edit.

Response from MailUp

Thanks for the positive feedback, Kim. With regard to the menu that at times covers up areas of the email (or landing page), you are probably referring to the text editor's toolbar, and is indeed a pain in the neck. Fortunately, help is on the way: there is an update coming out very soon (mid-May) to address that, as part of overall improvements to the text editor. We hope that it will address the issue for you. Never hesitate to contact us if you have more product feedback. Thanks again!!

Derek K.

Automation needs at an agency

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

We love the program and will continue to use and suggest it.

Pros

We love how easy it is to export the HTML code.

Cons

Preview mode and test send sometimes show block backgrounds bleeding out of their container. However, we have only had this issue in preview and test occasionally, and not in actual sends. A disclaimer shows at the top in the test send that mentions some display differences in tests, however, this can side track a client.

Response from MailUp Group

Hi Derek, thanks for the kind words! And thanks for your feedback on how backgrounds behave in the preview & test send. We'll pass that on to the Product team.

Ankita S.

A consistent user and happy with the tool

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

Overall, BEE PRO has helped in delivering newsletters, offer related emailers, illustrations, e-greetings and many more such things with complete ease. The TAT to do these things has drastically come down with the Bee PRO tool. Really thankful

Pros

The built in templates - it saves a lot of UI/UX time and helps to deliver emails really fast.

Cons

The limitation to make folders and organise the stuff. Also the subjectline is not part of the design.

Cordell C.
  • Industry: Insurance

LOVE BeePro -- It's the easiest way to create Emails

Reviewed on 26/4/2021

Pros

Honestly, I was so tired of using crappy design software for emails. I couldn't customize things without knowing HTML which wasted so much time and money for our developers to help us out with. It is a no-brainer if you want to design fully customizable Emails without knowing code.

Cons

I only wish it would integrate within Salesforce Marketing Cloud. If this was a feature, then it would hands down save us more time. But to be honest, it isn't too hard to manually pull into salesforce -- the copy HTML function really makes it easy to understand.

Figma and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

It was exactly what we needed for custom email designing.
Candace A.

Easiest & most efficient program I have used

Reviewed on 3/5/2021

I use this for real estate listing email drafts updated twice a week. My client is bombarded with daily emails & this helps him get back to his clients efficiently with photos & general information. I have tried other programs but they were not as user friendly. I absolutely love BeePro.

Pros

It's easy to use. Not crowded with a bunch of unnecessary options & ads, however it's very user friendly with many useful options and templates.

Cons

Sometimes the placement of items doesn't work the way I want in the rows, but not a major problem & more than likely a user error not a software issue.

Mailchimp and Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

I had to consolidate my clients emails, programs & subscriptions. I did not personally find either of these efficient.

Mailchimp and Constant Contact

Elizabeth C.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Thanks BEE Pro!

Reviewed on 26/4/2021

Pros

I was able to set up a free non-profit account for the non-profit I work for. This has helped us create mobile-responsible beautiful emails much quicker and more easily. I’m grateful for the dramatic improvement to our workflow.

Cons

Having to navigate out of the email editor in order to change the preview text and export is sometimes frustrating. I wish it was a next step from building.

Pardot

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

We still use Pardot to send emails, but we use BEE Pro to build the emails. BEE Pro is much easier to use and allows me to create beautiful emails quickly.
Jocelyn L.
  • Industry: Design

Has always been helpful-now it’s even better!

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Excellent. We put out 3 emails + a day in addition to the other print & online content we create. This really makes me so much more efficient. Lifesaver (ahem. Sanity saver) for sure!

Pros

Super easy to use, with easily accessible history, packaging of images & code, and downloading proofs. So much better than writing the code myself! A timesaver.

Cons

The adaptability of code for MSO use is always a huge PIA no matter which program you use. But I feel that with Beepro there are issues around this in particular and I have to manually go in and check/adjust spacing etc.

Response from MailUp Group

Hi Jocelyn, thanks for the kind words. We're always super happy when we hear words like "sanity saver"!! And thanks for pointing out compatibility with Microsoft Outlook as an area for improvement. It's a tricky one, as you indicated, but it is indeed something that we are constantly trying to get better at. Thanks again!

Leanna C.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

So easy!

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

I love BEEPros ease of use. It’s easy to learn and train on. There are a lot of design elements to choose from, too.

Cons

Maybe it needs something to help with designing for dark modes?

Response from MailUp Group

Thanks for the positive feedback around ease of use, Leanna! And "yes", we're going to invest into additional tools that can help with dark mode. Thanks again!

Brad E.

Smart design only focused service

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

Great!

Pros

It does one thing very well, helps you design beautiful emails. The additional UTM codes and dynamic tags to help prepopulate the email list management service we use is crucial!

Cons

Managing a parent template (header and footer) from a single file that updates everything at once would be awesome.

Campaign Monitor and Customer.io

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

It separates the list admin from the design function.

Response from MailUp Group

Hi Brad, thanks for the positive feedback, and for your suggestion on improving the process of updating multiple emails at once. That is something that is indeed on our radar, so stay tuned for improvements on that front.

Katy R.

An easy to use, affordable, high quality option for email marketers

Reviewed on 19/4/2021

I am responsible for sending out numerous emails in a week and with BeePro I am able to create very eye-catching emails in little to no time. With the extra time now, I am able to focus more on planning ahead for future campaigns. We have also seen a gradual increase in our unique open rate % from the previous quarter.

Pros

There are so many aspects of this software that I enjoy, but I would say the most helpful aspect is how easy it is for me to quickly create an on-brand email template. Prior to using this software, I had very little knowledge of source code, and I felt very limited when it came to creating visually appealing emails. Now, after using BeePro I can quickly create my own email templates without having to worry about the code. I design it the way I want it to look and it creates all of the source code for me.

Cons

I have yet to discover any aspects of this software that I do not like, but I think it would be helpful to have a brand kit. This kit could include certain elements like fonts, colors, and logos that would be easily accessible, or would automatically pull in with a new template design.

Response from MailUp

Katy, thanks so much for the positive feedback, and for the suggestion about how to improve the Brand Style Settings so that they are leveraged even more when working with templates. We'll definitely pass this to the product team. Thanks again!

Tom C.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 17/4/2021

Very happy, would love to see an integration with Marketing Cloud.

Pros

Ease to build emails, love the drag and drop feature (compared to Content Builder in Marketing Cloud)

Cons

Integrating dynamic content blocks with Marketing Cloud/overall integration with MC is non-existant.

Response from MailUp

Great to hear you like the ease of use, Tom. We would love to learn more about using dynamic blocks in BEE Pro. Please reach out to us when you have a few minutes so that we can gather more information. Thanks again!

Mariam E.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

Pros

BeePro is easy to use! I create my responsive emails and copy/paste the HTML. Works great with the email integration platform I use.

Cons

I'd like to see the editing toolbar upgraded. Add checkmarks to the bullet point section. I would like to be able grab the editing toolbar and move it around. There are times where it hovering over the area I want to edit and I can't move it.

Response from MailUp Group

Hey Mariam, thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, and for the useful feedback on the text editing toolbar. Much appreciated!

Rebecca T.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Perfect solution for our email design needs

Reviewed on 26/4/2021

Designing emails on our existing platform was difficult, cumbersome, and required PhD level knowledge of HTML. BEE Pro has saved me countless hours and my organization thousands of dollars. BEE Pro is simple to use, allows us to build beautiful and responsive emails and the ability to get my teams feedback quickly and easily has been such an amazing experience. I recommend this service to everyone I can!

Pros

- Easy to use and understand email designer
- Collaboration with my team is simple and straightforward
- Beautiful templates for inspiration
- The emails work every time.

Cons

The only con is that I didn't find it sooner!