PhotoScape X

4.3/5

46 Software options

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Photoscape X is simple, but it is a great image editing and processing software.

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

Photoscape X is great software.
It has very useful tools for editing, creating and processing photos.
As entry-level software for beginners is perfect.
Works great on computers of modest use because it is very light.
Don't be fooled by its simple appearance, Photoscape has features that allow great productivity at work. It has the ability to deliver high quality work.
The Photoscape cannot compare himself to the leader of the segment, but It surprised me in a powerful way, I strongly recommend It.

Pros

Extremely lightweight software that allows excellent quality work.

Cons

The software still needs some tools to be more complete.

Stacey R.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Great for Editing Photos

Reviewed on 10/1/2020

Overall I had a great experience with Photoscape and would recommend it.

Pros

I used to use Photoscape all the time in high school before other photo editing apps came out. It had really great tools for editing the colors of photos.

Cons

I didn't really have any problems with this software. It fit my needs and I enjoyed using it when I was in high school.

Sharifah F.
  • Used for 2+ years

One of the best app for beginners

Reviewed on 27/2/2021

Pros

What I like the most about this app is it is very easy to use to edit pictures and create gif files. Definitely recommended.

Cons

What I like the least about this app is I took some time to adapt with some of the app's features. I have to use it regularly in order to be comfortable using this app efficiently.

Spyridon Z.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Very good photo editing software

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

Very good photo free editing software, it enables me to do photo editing easily.

Pros

Free, easy to use and with many capabilities. It enables me to do photo editing in a simple and straightforward way.

Cons

I didn't find any disadvantages of it, everything is simple. Because it has many different editing options , it may just needs some time to get used to it.

Practical

Reviewed on 6/8/2021

I use it from time to time to edit my photos for my online store and it's been very useful to me

Pros

It is easy to handle. anyone who has no experience with photo editor can move !!!

Cons

I think he's a bit limited, compared to others, he's a bit behind.

Atra O.

PHOTOSCAPE X REVIEW

Reviewed on 18/4/2021

this software is ideal for quick and efficient image editing.

Pros

i like a most about this software was. the icon and the toolbar was so simple and easy to use.

Cons

i cam simply find my photo and the size about this software so small so i dont wory about my storage space

Enrico V.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Useful to edit images

Reviewed on 26/4/2020

Used to easy edit photographs of my travels (e.g. brightness, size, colors).

Pros

Easy-to-use for peole not expert in graphic. A lot of features to customize the images are available.

Cons

It is a bit slow when saving images after editing. The images are visualized quite small while editing.

Tina S.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 6-12 months

Better for professionals

Reviewed on 3/1/2021

Good. I will continue to use Photoscape for making collages.

Pros

I especially like the collage option. It's the main feature for which I used Photoscape X. It has many frame options to combine and position the images you want.

I also used it to blur some text in order to hide some details that were personal. It has many other functions like adding text, stickers, and removing blemishes, but if you're looking for a software to create quick social media posts or posters, it might be a bit difficult for beginners.

Cons

It's not always easy to find the functions you're looking for.

• Industry: Photography

Convenience

Reviewed on 18/8/2021

Personally, the software is very important to me because my work is with photos and I am currently not able to pay for a paid version and this software provides many free features that are of great value to me when editing my work. I didn't have a desktop for a while and downloaded the software on my cell phone, which allowed me to edit my work with great quality.

Pros

I loved. It is a great option for those who need to improve their photographs, but cannot afford to buy the paid version. They release a lot of great features in the free version.

Cons

Personally, for me who work with photos I still have nothing to complain about this software. I'm using the free version and it complies with what it promises to do, in terms of its released resources.

• Industry: Media Production

great software for simple photo editing and capturing

Reviewed on 5/3/2020

mostly i used this software for capturing screen and type some word on the photo.

Pros

there is have many way to capture. region capture, screen capture are very important.

Cons

this software have sipmle photo editing tool. i think if it improve to photo editing side much better.

Elaina C.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

For Beginners

Reviewed on 13/2/2021

I feel like it helped me grow in my career and has educated me with editing and enhancing photos.

Pros

I loved this software as it was easy to use and the more I use it the more I learn about editing and cleaning up photos etc

Cons

In the beginning it seemed complicated but as I used it I was able to learn and create some great photos as well edit bad ones.

Kris E.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Photo and Graphics Editor

Reviewed on 31/1/2020

Needed software that could adjust pixel size and found so much more. Now my go-to for image design.

Pros

Fairly easy to use even for beginners. Lots of bells and whistles for experienced designers. Can change pixel sizes.

Cons

I haven't tried to change the view yet but the default is a bit small. Can be hard to identify the image you need.

• Industry: Newspapers

PhotoScape is Very nice

Reviewed on 15/4/2020

Photoshop, Adobe XD

Pros

is a very easy to use image editing software, its main feature is its ease of use and the results it offers.

Cons

I only find his int.erface not modern, but nothing to be desired

Christian Q.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

It has improved but...

Reviewed on 7/7/2021

I still use it from time to time but not as oftentimes as many options are now paid.

Pros

I've been using this software frequently throughout my life as it was a more simple choice than your usual photo editor software. It was easy to use and it came with many features and it was free.

Cons

With this new version, many features have been restricted being now available only for premium users and it seems a faux-pas when the software has been free until now, it seems a little bit more difficult to use now.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Fun image editing

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

Pros

It is a user friendly and easy to use software which has given many fun features and functionalities to edit my pictures and make collages from it. It also allows you to make posters and banners.

Cons

You can not save your work in between if your software crashes all of your editing will be gone and you have to start fresh, which is quite annoying.

Hari K.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

PhotoScape X: A simple yet very powerful editing tool

Reviewed on 23/8/2021

Pros

The new GUI is very intuitive and helps users irrespective of their expertise in editing pictures. The software is compatible with all software as the exported files can be directly used in almost all applications.

Cons

One thing I least like about this software is the lack of templates, collages in the free version.

Ruben F.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used for 1-5 months

An accessible solution for photo editing

Reviewed on 7/7/2021

After some adaptation to its user interface, PhotoScape X proves to be a reliable and efficient solution to your photography needs.

Pros

PhotoScape X is a reliable, professional solution that gives you everything you need to edit and export your photos.

Cons

In many ways, PhotoScape X can feel outdated regarding its user interface and website. The menus can be a bit confusing.

Mona K.

Meets my needs - and then some.

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

I use this software constantly. Any picture I take, that I want to display - either for myself - or for others to enjoy - gets edited to some extent in this software. If nothing else, I crop, and adjust brightness and contrast so that the picture is pleasing to the eye. I might also add optional filters, depending on the subject matter. Overall, easy to easy, and robust with features.

Pros

Very rich in features. Anything and everything I need to do, to edit my photos is available. Note: I am NOT a photographer, I don't do any work, professionally, with photos. I'm talking purely as an everyday user who likes to edit my own photos for my own enjoyment. Crop, adjust colors, resize, etc. Simple edits like that as well as hundreds more are available and fairly easy to use.

Cons

Their auto-adjustment features aren't too good. I've used other photo editing software that handles auto-adjustments better. Therefore I opt not to use their auto-adjustments. Instead, I tweak each aspect individually, on my own.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

PhotoScape Rocks!

Reviewed on 31/8/2021

In a short amount of time, I'm able to create graphics to share on Instagram, use in presentations, or hand out as flyers. The app is so easy to use, especially if you're not a graphic designer by trade. I was offered PhotoShop but chose to use PhotoScape

Pros

PhotoScape is super easy to use to create graphics for slides, Instagram, flyers, and more. It is an intuitive program with a pretty straightforward layout. You can import pictures, add text, shapes, change colors, delete backgrounds from photos, etc.

Cons

The biggest drawback is that it does not open .eps files. I've also had issues where I wasn't able to crop a picture that I was adding to a graphic in the program itself. I've also had a problem where I've had to add text to a graphic before it would let me add an image to the graphic. To me, these are pretty minor problems compared to its usefulness.

André luiz L.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great for editing photos

Reviewed on 1/2/2021

I use softawere very often, I always use the batch editing feature, it makes my job a lot easier, it is perfect for anyone looking for a complete tool with a free version.

Pros

Photoscape X is an excellent software for photo editing, it is possible to make corrections to brightness and exposure, cropping and montage of several photos, has a function to reduce the size of photo files and supports several image formats, with it and It is possible to make edits in batches, a feature that makes it much easier when taking a nap working with a large number of images.

Cons

Photoscape X could have a version for smartphones or even on web platforms, it would facilitate the user who needs access to it at all times.

Scott H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

The best value photo editing software on the market.

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

For anyone not already using photoshop, this is a great beginner tool for the everyday worker.

Pros

Very powerful and easy to use photo editing tools. Batch editing and background erasing to create transparent .png files are my favorite tools.

Cons

Nothing. It is perfect for the price and met all of my expectations.

Tony S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A best experience with photoscape

Reviewed on 10/4/2020

Its a free software with an exciting features which makes the software user-friendly...

Pros

First off all it is user friendly and there is no complications even for the beginners. Many features and brilliant templates are available in it. Easier than any other editing softwares

Cons

It's lagging is somewhat bothering me, and freezes sometimes when working with more files

Cassia aparecida A.

Basic but excellent!

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

I already used posts on social networks, family cards for personal work and today I use for simple jobs in the company that doesn't require a lot of detail, simple fixes in photos, create GiF, make photo montages, and mainly to organize my photos.

Pros

The program is basic and simple to use, has an uncomplicated interface, despite the simplicity of the program, it is able to deliver excellent results in what it proposes to do.

Cons

I didn't find any negative points in the program. I really can do everything need.

Sheila H.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Photoscape is good for editing images

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Photoscape has helped me a lot with image editing, resizing, because in this software I can make all the montages of my company with other types of images and videos

Pros

In this software the image editor is easy to use, it has several collage options as well. I use the application to put my company's name.

Cons

In the video editing part you could have more options, because for those who work with entertainment, the more resources to be used together with the images in videos would be better.

Prita D.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Underrated Photo software

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

Photoscape can be used to edit photos in no time. So I love it.

Pros

Easier than other popular photo editing software.

Cons

More filters can be introduced to make it more competitive.