On-premise photo editing software

CeLeste
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Good for Amateur and Beginner Photo Editing

Reviewed on 1/4/2021

My overall experience with this Photoscape X is very good. It does make it a little easier and faster to edit images. I would recommend this application for its ease of use, ease of navigation, quality editing features (even in the free version), and that it is basically beginner-friendly. Since you can easily use the free version for as long as you want or upgrade for more advanced features, it is a win-win in general.

Pros

Photoscape X is my go-to application because it is ideal for quick and efficient image editing. The features and tools it offers are highly functional. It is great for newbie image creators or wannabe creators to start for free, but it is surely worth the one-time price of $39.99. It is easy to find most of the features you need. It makes resizing and cropping images easy. I use it for my eBay images. It offers great exposure leveling, brightness leveling, image correcting, and color-enhancing features to make my pictures pop! It also makes it easy to work with multiple images for batch editing. Also, it is very easy to write text within an image (I make memes with it occasionally) and add fun stickers. It is fun to create simple designs for just about any project.

Cons

While most of the essential image editing functions are easy to find, some features are less easy to locate which can be tedious when I am in a hurry. It works perfectly on my laptop, but I am not sure about the mobile app yet. The most recent issue I have noticed is that it lags and/or freezes when I am in the middle of editing. Though that does not happen a lot, it has been happening some in recent months even after I cleaned and cleared my memory and cache. I am not sure what that is about. Finally, if you want to make images look like you edited them in Photoshop (i.e. extra special functions), Photoscape X does not do that. It does perform brilliantly for essential photo editing.

Carolina
  • Industry: Legal Services

The view towards Photoscape.

Reviewed on 19/7/2021

I have always liked it, it was part of my youth and now I use it in my work. The functions have changed little so do a good job using it. It is nostalgic software.
From the access to the functionality of the photos, it is very good at showing all the photos in the folders present on the computer at the same time.

Pros

The program is part of the software used since the beginning of the internet. At the time, one of the best possible tools to edit your photos. Its very ease of use is what continues to attract attention. The handling of the edition follows is fast and very understandable for all ages (something necessary in a world where not everyone has a computer knowledge). Each function is specially marked to stand out, so it is possible to use Photoscape without having knowledge of photo editing at high level.

Cons

What I like the least is the functionality of the stickers, the letters or the lines that can be edited for the photographs. It is essential that a competitive product is present in the minds of the youngest, so that it is eye-catching.

Nikki

Simple edits in seconds

Reviewed on 16/8/2022

I processed photos from two events with Photoscape X, the results were fine however I quickly began researching alternatives that

Pros

Photoscape X is beginner friendly, it's something I would recommend for students. The editing tools are easy to locate and easy to understand. Simple edits like corrections or enhancements can be made in seconds.
For professionals it's something that can be used very quickly without a lot of hassle, it's very fast and nimble. Batch processing with Photoscape X was successful and time saving.
If users like Photoscape X but want more, the same company has a more advanced pro software available.

Cons

This is not a full fledged editing software and I wouldn't be able to produce the quality that I want with this product only. Most professional photographers will want and need more.
I was also disappointed with the text and typography, there aren't a lot of options.
Overall it feels old and "dusty", the customer support could be given some much needed attention.

Henriette

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

PhotoScape X is nice in photo editing with good attractive qualities

Pros

This tool is also very nice to make your photo very beautiful in very good quality retouching

Cons

Actually, I have no problem with PhotoScape X so far

Architecte

PhotoScape X software

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

PhotoScape X is a better software for creating any design

Pros

For the creation of drawings, PhotoScape X is the best software. The creation of drawings is very easy and simple.

Cons

Honestly, this beautiful tool has no problems, everything is simple and correct

Bintou

Reviewed on 4/11/2022

PhotoScape X is very ideal for those who want to edit their image well without worries

Pros

I process my images very easily on this software. It's very good quality and easy to use

Cons

In truth it is a good software I enjoyed a lot

Moussa

PhotoScape X software review

Reviewed on 29/9/2022

PhotoScape X is a great photo editing tool

Pros

I tried this tool a few months ago, and it's like being on Photoshop, so simple and easy to use to edit my photos

Cons

It's really simple and easy to use. No problem at all.

Hermann
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Photoscape review

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

Pros

The software is really very easy to understand and allows you to create your images more easily than Photoshop

Cons

The price of the software for its usefulness is according to negative. If not it is really very useful

Stephanie

graphic design

Reviewed on 22/10/2022

Pros

This is an awesome software that allows me to make designs plus photo editing.

Cons

I haven't seen anything wrong with the software yet.

Aline Cristina

Good designer software.

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

My experience with this software, in general, is very good, it has always made it easier for my designers to make the arts.
I recommend this software because it is not necessary to have the knowledge to handle it, it is easy and practical to move.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of handling, it contains several tools that make it easy to create a designer.
The photo resizing tool's function is excellent. I always use it to help me create my social network posts of the right size for each one.

Cons

The icons inside the software should be more updated, with new figurines to make the designer arts more creative.

Stella
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Good app for free

Reviewed on 6/5/2022

I could do my job and all in all the results were great

Pros

I have used this software to edit images captured in my microscopy. The app is lightweight, run fast in my computer and the edit features available are enough if you don’t have professionals requirements. The app is very simple to use and the results are very satisfactory.

Cons

It obviously lacks some more advanced edit features that are present in similar paid app.

inPixio Photo Studio
Jessica

Photoscape X , easy and effective

Reviewed on 4/11/2020

Overall I would say that I've had an amazing experience with Photoscape. From the very beginning i haven't encountered any issues with the software itself.

Pros

I have been using Photoscape for over 3 years now and i absolutely adore it. It's easy to use, quick with many features - even on the free version. And the paid version is extremely affordable as well. Whenever a friend of colleague has asked what i would re comment for a beginner , who hasn't studied editing or photography. I always suggest Photoscape.

Cons

There really isnt any issues that i have personally encountered with the software itself, if there were to be a con is that it works best on a pc/laptop that has a fast cpu and enough disk space. the fuller your drive, the slower the program will be.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

PhotoScape Rocks!

Reviewed on 31/8/2021

In a short amount of time, I'm able to create graphics to share on Instagram, use in presentations, or hand out as flyers. The app is so easy to use, especially if you're not a graphic designer by trade. I was offered PhotoShop but chose to use PhotoScape

Pros

PhotoScape is super easy to use to create graphics for slides, Instagram, flyers, and more. It is an intuitive program with a pretty straightforward layout. You can import pictures, add text, shapes, change colors, delete backgrounds from photos, etc.

Cons

The biggest drawback is that it does not open .eps files. I've also had issues where I wasn't able to crop a picture that I was adding to a graphic in the program itself. I've also had a problem where I've had to add text to a graphic before it would let me add an image to the graphic. To me, these are pretty minor problems compared to its usefulness.

• Industry: Entertainment

An almost "lightroom" without so much pretension.

Reviewed on 6/7/2021

From all the years I've been using it, it's always a lifesaver to have it with me. Not only because of its ease of use, but in less difficult jobs, it is the best ally. It achieves results equal to those that can be achieved working with more complex products.

Pros

Completely intuitive. It is a product that allows the user not only to "get out of trouble", but also to make small editions, add texts and make corrections to photographs professionally in minutes. It should be noted that these photographic corrections must be without giant pretensions.
If what you are looking for is a good color correction and small editions, it is an excellent program.
It is also worth mentioning its other functions, such as filter templates and batch photo editing.

Cons

There were giant improvements. However, taking into account that social networks have no pause, and it is mostly a product used by "amateur" people, I would think it would be appropriate to add a section of (pre-established) formats designed for the social networks of the moment.

Ricardo
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Simple Solutions to Difficult Problems

Reviewed on 26/3/2021

Since I started producing content for the internet I felt the need for a light and simple program to create my thumbnails, and after I started using PhotoScape X I never stopped using it. It was the perfect solution to create the right image for the theme of the content produced, an indispensable tool for me. Long and prosperous life for PhotoScape X.

Pros

The software brings simple and very interactive solutions so that you can edit your images or photo album, it allows a good interaction with external files and plugins, with many image and text effects to personalize your images and leave them with the necessary aspect for expose your ideas.

Cons

Perhaps one of the difficulties of the software is the availability of effects, figures and native icons in the free version, after a while using the same options the works can be repetitive, but nothing that a good amount of external material does not solve. And maybe it would be interesting to start offering an interface that supports images with high definition and with more options of formats.

Mahmoud
  • Industry: Photography

PhotoScape is the most preferred

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

This software is totally free and that was so good for me while working.

Pros

First, I can edit with so many different choices. Second I can choose what I desire from several designs and control the quality of my photos.

Cons

It doesn't support all the languages and that needs to be developed.

Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Switching to PhotoScape X

Because PhotoScape is free and doesn't afford me any money.
André Luiz
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great for editing photos

Reviewed on 1/2/2021

I use softawere very often, I always use the batch editing feature, it makes my job a lot easier, it is perfect for anyone looking for a complete tool with a free version.

Pros

Photoscape X is an excellent software for photo editing, it is possible to make corrections to brightness and exposure, cropping and montage of several photos, has a function to reduce the size of photo files and supports several image formats, with it and It is possible to make edits in batches, a feature that makes it much easier when taking a nap working with a large number of images.

Cons

Photoscape X could have a version for smartphones or even on web platforms, it would facilitate the user who needs access to it at all times.

Mona

Meets my needs - and then some.

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

I use this software constantly. Any picture I take, that I want to display - either for myself - or for others to enjoy - gets edited to some extent in this software. If nothing else, I crop, and adjust brightness and contrast so that the picture is pleasing to the eye. I might also add optional filters, depending on the subject matter. Overall, easy to easy, and robust with features.

Pros

Very rich in features. Anything and everything I need to do, to edit my photos is available. Note: I am NOT a photographer, I don't do any work, professionally, with photos. I'm talking purely as an everyday user who likes to edit my own photos for my own enjoyment. Crop, adjust colors, resize, etc. Simple edits like that as well as hundreds more are available and fairly easy to use.

Cons

Their auto-adjustment features aren't too good. I've used other photo editing software that handles auto-adjustments better. Therefore I opt not to use their auto-adjustments. Instead, I tweak each aspect individually, on my own.

Amadou saikou

PhotoScape X review

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

PhotoScape X is a very interesting tool for creating promotional fleyer

Pros

This tool is also very interesting to create advertising flyers, I use it every day and I think it is very nice

Cons

Honestly, everything is quick and easy without any problem

Aria
  • Industry: Publishing

Lightest Image Processor With Heavy Functions

Reviewed on 25/3/2022

I was skeptical when this software offered to my desk for daily use until I try it myself, mostly for change dimension and size of many pictures, and batch processing to convert to other file formats. Some other software have similar function, but this one have the best speed.

Pros

This software is lightweight and fast. I tried many others before, and now using Photoscape as one of my daily software.

Cons

Simple image editing tools that come as a bundle of many functions. Some newbie in image editing might love it, but designers and photographers like me and many in my teams never use it.

Ousmane

PhotoScape X review

Reviewed on 26/11/2022

PhotoScape X is a very nice tool for good quality photo editing

Pros

PhotoScape X is at a quality performance for hassle-free photo editing. It is very simple and very fast

Cons

Honestly, it is a better tool that has no problem

marcelo
  • Industry: Photography

practical and easy photoscape for those working with photo editing

Reviewed on 9/6/2020

PhotoScape offers several tools for editing images. They allow you to adjust brightness and color, white balance, background correction and resize the photo size. In addition, you can also insert frames, filters, balloons, make a mosaic, add text, remove red eyes and blur images.
The program also offers batch editing, where it is possible to edit several images, how to resize or frame all the images at once. This tool makes life easier for the user who needs to edit several photos with the same pattern.

Pros

very easy to use practical and objective
anyone can use.

Cons

you can’t change the background of a photo quite accurately like other programs.

Anil
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Powerful Editing Tool PhotoScape X

Reviewed on 25/6/2022

PhotoScape X is powerful tool for editing and I am using it for a long time.

Pros

PhotoScape X is important tool to create images and editing them. It works well and it is really important tool.

Cons

PhotoScape X has no bad feature at all. It works well for editing.

Tina
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 6-12 months

Better for professionals

Reviewed on 3/1/2021

Good. I will continue to use Photoscape for making collages.

Pros

I especially like the collage option. It's the main feature for which I used Photoscape X. It has many frame options to combine and position the images you want.

I also used it to blur some text in order to hide some details that were personal. It has many other functions like adding text, stickers, and removing blemishes, but if you're looking for a software to create quick social media posts or posters, it might be a bit difficult for beginners.

Cons

It's not always easy to find the functions you're looking for.

Méo
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Photoscape x review

Reviewed on 12/9/2022

Pros

Photoscape x is the best alternative to photoshop with the cheapest value for money. It has the latest features and allows very clean photo montages

Cons

It's hard to find a downside to photoscape x, the software updates many features and fixes bugs