Adobe Photoshop

4.1/5
4.2/5

Md fateh ali S.
  • Industry: Design

"In Photoshop, Sky is the limit."

Reviewed on 4/6/2022

Adobe Photoshop is still unbeatable photo editing software. Photoshop is one of the best creations of Adobe Company. It's the favorite image editing software for every professional designer. Easy to use for any new bee and you can create anything using your imagination. In Photoshop, Sky is the only limit.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop has been the most used photo editing software for the longest time in the design field. It has plenty of pros that I can describe. The UI of Photoshop is absolutely incredible, and it has a wide variety of features and plugins. Edit photos and graphics it's easy and convenient. In image manipulation, Photoshop will introduce thousands of doors to the creative world. Selecting a subject and removing background from any image is 1 click away from getting a significant result. It has some crazy features like neuro filter, camera raw filter, sky replacement filter, and so on.

Cons

Definitely, Photoshop has some cons like its extreme resource hunter. If your PC configuration is up to date, then it's ok with you. Otherwise, it will take a while to open it, and if the file size is bigger, it will lag.

Also, the subscription to this software will be costly but comes out with significant results.

Affinity Designer

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Adobe is more reliable, convenient, and resource full design software compared to others.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Very complete and competitive program

Reviewed on 27/6/2022

I think it is the best first step in the editing world and you can do such great things and projects with such little tools if you are a begginer

Pros

It is one of the most complete and at the same time basic programs to use in the Adobe family. You can do various types of works, from photo editing, graphic design, etc.
It does not have the best resolution in terms of vectors like Illustrator for example or specific features like InDesign but in very complete in all the terms.

Cons

The differences between other programs such as change the size of the texts, objects, etc. The long waitings for some of the features to be ready to continue working on...

Annie guo V.
  • Industry: Media Production

Photoshop is still the best out there

Reviewed on 22/4/2022

I love it! I've been able to design flyers and ads, edit closed eyes, and resize photos for print. What I love is that you can find tutorials to help you do almost anything to a photo! Other users are happy to share their knowledge and experience. The software can feel intimidating but like everything else, you get better (and faster) with practice!

Pros

Adobe Photoshop has a gazillion useful tools/features if you learn how to use the software. Some of this takes time and getting better with each use. For example, one photo you might want to brighten the background and another photo you might want to crop around hair. With each photo edit, you can learn different tools. Photoshop is still the best photo editing software I've been able to find! I use it for work (editing a magazine) to personal use (editing photos of my family). Even simply making photos brighter is a huge difference!

Cons

I think editing photos and adding filters has gotten a little out of hand. For example "photoshopping" is its own verb/phrase now! Large media companies and celebrities are setting these trends of overediting. It's amazing and scary at the same time that Photoshop has so many tools to completely manipulate a photo.

Sketch, Magic Pixel and Canva

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

It's the BEST and most well known product! It's also what most people in the design industry use.
Balaji S.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Best tool for image editing and graphic design work

Reviewed on 27/6/2022

Over all, this is one of the best software which I use and still love to learn. Every time there will some new features release happens and makes the graphic designers life easy. There are some short falls but I hope those will be covered in upcoming new releases.

Pros

This is one of the first software which I started learning myself. Till date I use this tool for all my professional as well as personal work.

Cons

We don't have option to export all the layers as separate PDF. We have the option to export in to jpeg but, if we have the same feature for other format that would be really great. As of now I need to use some external tool to export all the images to PDF. In Photoshop I have to do it individually, which I hate doing it

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

It was a old software and it has been acquired by Adobe back in 2007 I think.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop has wide verity of features where as GIMP seems to be simple photo editor and also I am more comfortable with Adobe products. If I am learning a new tool, some of the follow the same approach as Photoshop and its quick to learn.
Bruno L.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

I like Photoshop because it helps me with editing tasks

Reviewed on 5/6/2022

I've been using it for over 10 years, and to this day I have no intentions of changing editors, because I can quickly find items and palettes for my use. Very good.

Pros

I like how the palettes are positioned and also the items that I always use are very quick to use.

Cons

I wish photoshop could adjust the file size in psd, sometimes the native file in layers is very heavy.

Adobe Lightroom

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Fast and robust in easy processes and palettes and great native features.
David M.

The top photo edition & design tool

Reviewed on 25/5/2022

Perfect. As a graphic designer is a most. Working with it since version (looong time ago)

Pros

Is the reference on photo edition, updating constantly and adding more features frequently.

Cons

For hard works you need a recent computer. Heavy to load somethimes

LuminarAI and GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

I have been using it from the beginning of my career

Improving the world with Photoshop

Reviewed on 15/5/2022

It has helped me evolve as a Language Teacher because now I can create my own lessons in a very visual way.

Pros

It is he Pioneer in this art and its been around forever

Cons

It is heavy and there are many fake version in the web

Reviewed on 1/6/2022

Photoshop is very powerful and I like that but at the same time, I feel like that much power is very intimidating.

Pros

I love retouching my photos in Photoshop and also being able to manipulate them to make posters or funky art.

Cons

There are so many tools in Photoshop I get lost. Also, I feel like there should be more warnings about what functions are destructive because it is very easy to destroy something you didn't mean to delete permanently.

Gaia B.

The best software for professional photo editing

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

Pros

There are many pros to Adobe Photoshop. One of the most popular reasons people cite for using Adobe Photoshop is its ability to easily edit photos and graphics. Additionally, it offers a wide variety of tools and features that can be used to create professional-looking images. Finally, Adobe Photoshop is often cited as being one of the most versatile photo editing programs on the market.

It seamlessly integrates with other major Adobe products, making advanced workflows easier.

Cons

Adobe Photoshop has some cons that users should be aware of. First, Adobe Photoshop can be resource-intensive to use and can take a long time to load in certain circumstances. Adobe Photoshop is often expensive to purchase outright, with monthly subscription fees also common. Finally, Adobe Photoshop is known for its heavy reliance on plug-ins - which may not always be available in all versions or platforms of Windows or Mac OS X.
It can quickly become overwhelming because it's extremely feature-rich, but for the advanced workflow, you need to comprehend how those features interact with each other.

Why can't I dispense with Adobe Photoshop?

Reviewed on 3/5/2022

I've been using it for 3 years now and it's so great I've used it, loved the handling, ease of use and the amount of time saving it gave me, really, you will never regret trying it.

Pros

One of the most powerful features that I always use a lot is (object selection tool), I can’t believe how much it is a tool that will save you time, the artificial intelligence is very powerful in this tool, so the object is selected automatically and very professionally.
Also, one of the features that I liked and made my photos at the top of professionalism, is the option (Set Focus Point) where it notifies a point in the image and it has to be in focus, and the rest is out focus, so if you take a picture from the phone, you will make it like professional cameras.
There is a new filter I like that has been added and it is suitable for females, a filter (a natural filter) and it retouches the skin, removes pimples, softens the skin .
Also a powerful feature is to change the details of your face with a filter (smart photo), if you are happy make you sad, get old, remove your head hair, and many other things, etc., the artificial intelligence is very powerful with this filter unlike other programs I used.
If you love autumn, spring, summer or winter photos, Adobe provides you with this feature with the click of a button, a filter (Landscape Mixer) that converts photos to all seasons of the year. You have to work hours.
Frankly, the advantages of Adobe Photoshop are endless, it has many and many advantages, a week of time on yourself.

Cons

Of all these filters and features, only if Adobe adds a similar feature as in Adobe Lightroom, which is the feature of copying and pasting colors easily.

Are you ready to dive into Photoshop ?

Reviewed on 6/3/2022

When I put the title ( Are you ready to dive into Photoshop ? ) , I'm not lying to you about it, from the experience of 7 years of using it, I put it to you in these sentences and words that are not enough to express the contents of Adobe Photoshop that have much more features.

Pros

Every time the new version dazzles us with features that the mind can not think of from imagination , because through the old versions, we didn't see the AI in the program as strong these days which saved us a lot of time as users .
It is necessary to point out that it is very easy to handle the program and learn quickly with little effort .
The fonts provided by Adobe Photoshop are very cool, I have not seen better than them in other programs in terms of types of fonts, so your design becomes much better than using other programs.
Proofing down to the smallest detail is one of the things I love about Adobe Photoshop, because you can change, delete, and add in a way the other party wouldn't believe without knowing that the images had changed.
I have to mention that 3D has become one of the most powerful features in Adobe Photoshop, you can not only use it in fonts, you also use it in images, which makes it stronger and more powerful.
The program made it easier for myself many problems that I encountered and I will face in the future, and I am sure that in the new versions there will be surprises that I will not be able to believe.

Cons

The only thing that distinguishes Adobe Lightroom from Adobe Photoshop is copy-and-paste to adjust colors with one button and groups of images at once
I wish Photoshop had this feature like Lightroom, because at that time the program would be complete and flawless.

Piyush V.
  • Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 26/2/2022

Anybody needing to be an expert in the inventive business needs to learn Adobe Photoshop well. Its upper hands are definitely more significant than its impediments. You should make certain of your requirements in light of the fact that Photoshop offers gigantic usefulness. Ideally by getting mindful of these benefits and burdens of utilizing Photoshop will assist you with settling on the ideal choice prior to buying this program

Pros

You can rehabilitate old photographs which have been harmed. Photoshop offers exceptional devices and channels for this reason. Instances of valuable devices are Vanishing point and Clone stamp.
Resizing pictures to an ideal pixel tallness and width can be effortlessly done in Photoshop.
Photoshop has exceptional usefulness for movement. You can make outlines in layer structure which can be then joined to shape activitys.
Photoshop is likewise prominently utilized for planning illustrations and formats for sites. It offers a wide assortment of examples and elements to make an amazing web architecture with a site design.
Essential picture altering, for example, complexion changes, red-eye evacuation, adding/eliminating obscure, teeth brightening and foundation changes are only a tick away. This saves a great deal of time.
Unprecedented picture altering instruments make it extremely simple to apply and save colossal time.
Different organizations of pictures can be altered easily.
Making and altering recordings, and making three dimensional pictures is extremely simple in Photoshop.
There are heaps of best computerized painting brushes for Photoshop that can assist you with working effortlessly.
Shareability with various projects is intended for consistent exchange
Documents can be partaken in various arrangements to suit the necessities of the beneficiary.
Profoundly adjustable alternate ways for a smooth work process.
Proficient

Cons

Being a very good quality programming, it could be challenging for certain fledglings to explore through the UI from the get go. As there are a wide assortment of elements and usefulness, you probably will need to initially recognize your motivation in learning Photoshop and afterward learn highlights that satisfy your necessities.
Running Photoshop programming requires enormous space in the memory, and has refreshed framework prerequisites. Photoshopped pictures likewise require enormous space for capacity. There are execution issues and delay when the framework prerequisites don't match the designs required.
Ceaseless untested updates, which now and again cause mistakes and bugs, are delivered which adds a component of vulnerability to the work process.
Progress observing bars are missing in certain highlights of Photoshop. This influences the efficiency of the client.
Working with vector illustrations is some of the time troublesome as Photoshop isn't viable with all vector designs.
It is costly programming and may not fit the spending plan for some. Besides, Adobe Creative Cloud is a membership based model which implies you pay as long as you need to take their administration. By the by, there is high incentive for cash as the product is very strong. For those with essential picture altering needs, different options will be a superior choice.

Gary F.

Photoshop - a genuine review from a daily user.

Reviewed on 15/2/2022

Creating a logo on an online platform can be costly. To ask a graphic designer to create a logo can be costly. Photoshop gives me all of the tools I need to create custom logos for clients and make changes quite simply.

Pros

This software is inexpensive and very professional. I use it daily for various tasks and I am aware that it contains a lot more tools that I get to utilise for my role. I think this program will be used for many types of graphic related roles, from beginners to experts. It is very versatile and able to create so many different types of graphical projects.

Cons

Initially, I found Photoshop difficult to use. Occasionally, I still get stuck. However, YouTube has a wealth of useful videos which I have used in order to learn whatever I have needed to and much more too.

Adobe Dreamweaver

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop does so much more than Dreamweaver.

Adobe Dreamweaver

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop does so much more than Dreamweaver.
Cushi M.

My Favorite graphic design and image editing software

Reviewed on 25/1/2022

I use Photoshop to make graphics for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, website design, business cards, t-shirts and more. Almost any visual creation that my business requires is made by me in Photoshop. I also still do some freelance designing, and photoshop is always my go-to. It's reliable, powerful, technical and feature-rich. The only reason I would not recommend it as a first choice to most people is because most people are looking for an easier to use solution like Canva.

Pros

I love that photoshop is accessible at $9.99 per month with lightroom and storage as a part of the package. I love the endless tools and various ways to combine them to create masterpieces. Photoshop gives the user complete control over their artwork, as opposed to say, a Canva. Photoshop is definitely for professionals who want full technical control over their work.

Cons

What I like least is that the only option for integrated cloud storage is Adobe's Creative Cloud. Having the ability to save directly to Google Drive - or any other major cloud platform would be an invaluable timesaver and productivity booster.

Adobe Photoshop Elements, Canva and Affinity Designer

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

I have over a decade of experience using Photoshop, so when the opportunity came to reconsider my design solution, it was an easy choice. I prefer the interface over Affinity and with the technical limitations of Canva, it was clear that Photoshop would be the best bet for me going forward (although I do LOVE the idea of only paying for Affinity once... I might give that another shot...).
Meheli R.
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Would it be advisable for me to get Photoshop?

That depends. Assuming you are searching for proficient grade programming and need to work in the expert visual computerization space, learn Photoshop.

It's an incredible instrument that many individuals in this industry use to make and wonderful their plans. Realizing the program will assist you with learning new projects in the future too.

Assuming you are a specialist, I suggest utilizing GIMP or Krita. Why? Photoshop membership charges add up rapidly, and free projects can do a considerable lot of Photoshop's primary elements.

Pros

PROS

Consistent Updates: Adobe offers ordinary updates, fixing bugs, refining instruments, and adding more highlights. The consistent updates keep the application cutthroat on the lookout.

Wide Usage: Millions of individuals use Adobe Photoshop, making it a practically all inclusive language among creators and specialists, extraordinary for joint effort.

Consistent Compatibility with Other Adobe Programs: Photoshop works agreeably with the other Adobe applications, incredible for makers who need to hop between programs.
For instance, a film editorial manager working in Premiere might have to alter a photograph still from a film. They could then leap to Photoshop, modifying, and completing the photograph. Every Adobe application dominates in its picked medium, making the full Creative Cloud suite a tool compartment available to you.

Fantastic Range of Features: You can do nearly anything in this application, from activity, 3D plan, photograph correcting, to considerably more. Photoshop has improved enormously and extended many devices to the forces to be reckoned with they are today.

Cons

Cons

Costly: Photoshop should be paid for through a perpetual membership. It is absolutely impossible to buy the product by and large, an enormous channel on makers who continually then need to dish out many dollars to utilize programming that turns into a crucial piece of their inventive framework.

Overpowering Toolset: The quantity of Photoshop highlights can be overpowering on occasion, particularly for novices learning the application. While the component list is mind boggling, there will frequently be sets of instruments that creatives never contact, contingent upon their specialty.

Troublesome Learning Curve: Bouncing off the most recent point, Photoshop is a monster to learn. Indeed, even veterans should keep watching instructional exercises to stay aware of the new updates and get familiar with the new elements. The steady condition of learning can be a lot for certain clients.

Jakub G.

Edit the image however you want - whether at work or for fun

Reviewed on 11/12/2021

Within our organization, thanks to photoshop, we do not have to hire an external marketing organization. We will prepare all advertising materials ourselves. There are a lot of pictures in our catalogs, again thanks to the photoshop we will adapt all the pictures to the required size and format.

Pros

Whether you need to remove Grandma's wart from her face, or you need to paint your grandfather's more thick beard, it's up to you and your imagination to create everything with Photoshop.
What I like most about Photoshop is that nothing is a limit for you and everything is just a matter of imagination. You can create whatever you can think of.

Cons

There is nothing I would not be happy with in Photoshop. Some tools, such as auto-cropping images to erase the background, aren't 100% complete, but it's still better than most other tools.

Jeremy D.

Industry Leader for a Reason

Reviewed on 1/12/2021

Photoshop has been my bread and butter editing app for decades. Its controls and keyboard shortcuts are so second-nature to me now, that it's hard to imagine using anything else. That being said, PS is bloated and sluggish sometimes, and speedy, lighter apps like Affinity Photo are nipping at Adobe's heels.

Pros

Photoshop invented digital image editing and it's no surprise that users like myself have stuck with it for 20 years. Photoshop can be easy for a beginner, but the level of control for a professional is unrivalled. And its new AI features are making tedious things like object-masking and portraits a breeze.

Cons

Adobe software is bloated and sluggish sometimes. The application files are massive, and users will find themselves staring at a splash screen for a long time before the application loads. Save as/Export dialogs are very sluggish. The whole Adobe Cloud subscription model is expensive, with an invasive background app that is very difficult to uninstall.

Affinity Photo, Pixelmator Pro and Affinity Designer

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Since I've been using Photoshop for so long, and that it integrates tightly with other CC apps like Illustrator, After Effects, and Premiere, it's hard to switch to anything else.
Sean S.
  • Industry: Design

Graphic Design and Editing made easy.

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

My overall experience is very good, I've done some interesting projects with Photoshop which I could have done in other software or it would have taken me longer. I haven't had too many issues that I needed assistance with except for billing, where I got billed twice but it was resolved in a reasonable amount of time. It took me several days, initially, to figure out some of the quirks and features of Photoshop, of which, I mostly had to look on Youtube for tips and tricks.

Pros

Photoshop is the best graphic design tool on the market, this software offers so much content and tools that help you design whatever you want that I couldn't possibly go to another software. The library and templates offered, make life so much easier with various different aspects of design, from images to your own custom designs.

Cons

customer support isn't the most helpful or punctual and it tends to take several emails to resolve tickets. The software is difficult to use and some of what you get out of its Help Wizard can confuse you, even more, the biggest obstacle for any general user is the user interface, there are just so many buttons, for some, it can be overwhelming, while those like me with trying each button to see what they do.

Kimberly B.
  • Industry: Animation

Photoshop Review

Reviewed on 1/10/2021

I love it compared to other programs that I have used! It definitely sped up my workflow and I've improved a lot while using Photoshop. I love that it gives you lots of room to experiment with different looks and brushes. However, I feel that after I have graduated from school, I may have to switch to another program due to the price. It is a subscription price while there are plenty of other programs that are a one-time only purchase.

Pros

Right off the bat I loved that this program had pressure sensitivity and a variety of brushes that come with the program. I also love that you can download a variety of brushes from the Adobe website with an account (I adore the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] brushes and use them often). I love that you can change the image size and DPI very easily, and that it is quite easy to navigate. It was not much of a learning curve for me to figure out the program. I love the pen tool and I use it often. I love that you are able to make a brush stroke along the path that you make with the pen tool and it has saved me a lot of time.

Cons

I think the line control could use some improvement. I find it difficult to make a clean, non-shaky line especially if I haven't done it in a while. I have heard from many people that Clip Studio Paint is much better than Photoshop in this aspect. I also don't like that on a Mac, which is what I use, dragging a window off of the main Photoshop window will result in it going behind the main window after you click back on it. On a Windows computer, it will stay floating in front of the main window. I've had to resort to making windows smaller and/or using the multiple stacking window option because of this. I also dislike how in the newest version of Photoshop, the "pixel" function has been removed from the Line Tool. It was definitely a good and quick way to draw a line.

Dragan S.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Still most expensive, and still the best and most reliable

Reviewed on 14/9/2021

Overall, Photoshop is still my go-to when it comes to editing. I enjoy working in it.
At first, it was a little hard to get a hang of all the features, but once I started learning from experts on YT, it became a lot easier.
Although it's a little pricey compared to other programs, I believe it is still the most reliable and most versatile platform there is.

Pros

Photoshop is the most versatile program for photo editing. The range alone makes it worthwhile, and provides for excellent service.
I like the pre-set features, but also the ability to customize most of them. Additionally, it is the industry standard, and as such, it it important for everyone dealing with content, marketing, graphic design.
Recent updates to the Creative Cloud ensured its stability, so it's probably the safest program for your work.
Additionally, there is a rich community that teaches you how to use all the tools in new ways.

Cons

The program itself is still a little pricey compared to similar programs, but I managed to get it on a student discount subscription.
It takes a while to get a hang on, but once you have a few tools, and learn how to expand on those, it becomes pretty self-explanatory.

LuminarAI

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Although Luminar has some very interesting features and powerful AI, I thought that the output quality was below Adobe Photoshop.

LuminarAI

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop is still the industry standard – and the majority of courses, tutorials, and collaboration projects are designed around it. It also connects nicely to other apps and programs, so it is indispensable for work.
Anthony F.
  • Industry: Automotive

Photoshop in a Professional Setting

Reviewed on 22/7/2021

I utilize Photoshop daily in the work that I do whether that be actual graphic design or photo editing for my job. As an experienced user (from CS to present day CC) I understand where Creative Cloud is going in terms of making certain workflows and processes simple and more effective. However, in regards to that, it also seems like it leaves certain experienced individuals running around trying to figure out where some of the tools they've utilized have mysteriously disappeared to. Also with constantly updating it also breaks some of its functionality until another patch is released. Overall Photoshop is a workhorse when it comes with image manipulation and photo editing. Whereas there are a lot of third party resources out there (and for much cheaper than a CC subscription) it really boils down to what features you want vs. what are you willing to give up.

Pros

The features I admire the most about Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite line is that the shortcuts (once you know them) tend to transpire throughout the other programs - and if some differ, they don't differ by much. I also like how streamline Photoshop works with the other programs within Adobe Creative Suite because you can import and/or drag and drop files within one another.

Cons

The thing to be noted with Photoshop if you're truly a beginner is that there is a steep learning curve. With the new updates for Creative Cloud (from what I've witnessed personally) I understand where Adobe was going with making things more simple to do, but in retrospect for someone with more experience certain functions are either hidden within panels and/are omitted completely. This can be a headache with new updates when a good handful of tools you're used to working with suddenly disappear. Adobe could fix this with having a legacy tool interface for those who are more experienced to the program to utilize.

Eero L.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Top tool for image creation and editing

Reviewed on 23/7/2021

I use Photoshop for editing photos, brochure and ad design, banner creation, and much more. It (with few other Adobe programs) helps me to get all graphic design things done, and some hobby projects too.

Pros

Photoshop has all the functionality one might need for graphic design, image editing, photography, both for work and hobby. I like the speed and how the tools are, they really help and save my time for more important things.

Cons

The only times when I turn to some other software are 1) when I want to sharpen the images, I rather use another software and 2) for digital painting, if I want a more traditional look, Corel Painter is better. Apart from this, Photoshop is the king. Competitors are not far behind though, and what I like the least in Photoshop is the pricing model. I prefer to buy the software once and use it (for years) without necessarily buying upgrades. Adobe's pricing model is good for short-term users and those who want constant upgrades. For long-term users who can live without the newest upgrades, this pricing policy is really bad.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

I chose Photoshop because it has the best functionalities for photo editing. However, I still use Corel Painter for digital painting and sometimes Clip Studio too. GIMP was too weak when it comes to functionality and speed so I ditched it, hoping it will evolve in the future. CorelDraw didn't offer what Photoshop did. For vectors I ended up using Adobe Illustrator.
Ryan H.

Amazing Photo Editing and the best Photography Software

Reviewed on 15/7/2021

Overall, my experience with Adobe Photoshop is terrific. I mostly used for photo editing and manipulation and it does an excellent job. It is easy to use, light on the computer, and loads images fast. I get images files in different formats but Photoshop handles everything very well.

Pros

I love everything about Adobe Photoshop. I mostly use it for photo editing. I have team of graphic designers that share their work with me. I have to check it for quality and correction. I love how easy it is to drag and drop images in Photoshop and do small/large adjustment. It has a variety to tools that are pretty easy to use. It supports many different file formats and processes really fast. Pre-built Templates, photo library, filters, and layers are some of the features that I particularly like. It works equally good on Windows and Mac.

Cons

It offers less support for vector images. That was the reason that I had to opt for Illustrator. Other than that, I think it does a great job.

Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Corel Draw had less options and limited tools. I wanted to work on illustrations and videos that were not possible in the CD.

CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop is less complicated and more user-friendly. It is good for beginners. Illustrator is not everybody's cup of tea. You have to be a pro to be using Illustrator in its full capacity. Adobe Photoshop, on the other hand, is good and easy to work with.
Van mclean R.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Still the topnotch image editing software for graphic artists

Reviewed on 15/7/2021

You can basically do anything and everything with Photoshop. This is what I primarily use for marketing flyer creations from scratch.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop allows you to create your image from scratch and lets your imagination translate into an actual product/layout. It has the most comprehensive feature and shortcut keys are easy to remember for ease of working. Depends on the laptop that youre using as well, it loads faster and edits faster as it's very easy to switch from one function to another - and the toolbar on the left is also very accessible. On the recent Photoshop versions, you can create and save your own workspace which will allow you to choose only the most used icons and functions.

Cons

It has the tendency to eat up a lot of memory depend on your artwork. Photoshop would also require high computer requirements in order for the software to function well. These are very technical observations as the software itself is very great

Canva

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop gives you the flexibility to be creative and pick up whatever is in your mind. This is very user-friendly from the graphic artist's perspective. The Adobe Suite might be a bit expensive in general, but definitely worth it for the company.
Mack B.

Something for Everybody

Reviewed on 17/6/2021

Overall, the experience has been positive, as Photoshop is my main go-to for any type of illustrative work. From posters to concept pitch decks, I'm very happy with what Photoshop is able to help me accomplish. What I know from the Adobe Suite is that I will typically get quality in whatever I do; Photoshop has a great reputation and is an asset in the field for this reason, so I feel like I've always been in good hands with Adobe's products.

Furthermore, despite its setbacks, Photoshop is user-friendly and the interface is fairly approachable. I don't feel daunted when I start a new project or continue a tedious one. Truly, the program has something for everyone, and with a bit of elbow grease, it can be the thing that elevates your project to new dimensions.

Pros

Photoshop has a plethora of useful tools ranging from simple color correction to advanced cutting, pasting, and masking. It's a very dynamic program with a variety of ways of completing a task. Photoshop also feels like a tool for everybody--a beginner coming from very simple editing on Preview, for instance, would feel right at home just as a highly skilled professional in the world of illustration would.

What's more, Photoshop also grants you the freedom to play around and explore. It really feels like an artist's canvas, and the only limit is your imagination. At the same time, it also supports a more business-oriented approach and workflow, while still maintaining a creative energy. The app is a chameleon, and really bends to the limits of its user.

Cons

There's a lot of minutiae involved with Photoshop, as every step matters, and every tiny detail cannot be overlooked. This sometimes feels overwhelming at times, especially in the middle of a long process. Masking, for instance, can be confusing as it relates to layers, and Smart Objects I don't find particularly useful unless the program is telling me I need to rasterize or otherwise change a layer into a Smart Object. I'm never given an explanation why, or why I cannot bypass it, so I have to take these tiny moments at face value.

I am also not a fan of the magnetic lasso tool for how restrictive it is. It doesn't conform all that well to certain angles and shapes, and I will often need to zoom in to the pixel level in order to painstakingly and manually wrap around each pixel if I want a precision job.

I also dislike the lack of presets--there should be presets that make approaching a project a lot easier and reduce the strain of manual work. It'd not only save a lot of time, but it'd help an amateur project look and feel a lot more professional.