Affinity Photo

Graphic designing and image editing software

4.8 /5 (6 reviews) Write a Review!

Mario emiliano F.
  • Industry: Media Production

Best Photo editing for web designers

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

You can create large professional quality images as well as simple images for social media and web design.

Pros

The tools for photo editing and graphics are state of the art, compared to the recognized brand. The price is unbeatable. The stability is very good and it is cross platform.
For those who edit pictures this is the way to go,

Cons

Some learning curve worth taking. Some features take an extra step to achieve.

Goran S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

My favorite software

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

I switched to Affinity Photo at the beginning of the 2020 when they offered a three month trial. After the trial I happily bought Photo (and Publisher and Designer even though I didn't really need them at the time) because I learned to love it more than I ever loved Adobe Photoshop that I switched from. Affinity Photo is the single best photo editing program and I will recommend it to everyone I come in touch with. Switch to Affinity and save hundreds of dollars a year!

My favorite part of Affinity software is that it is as capable as Photoshop but does not feel cheap like some other alternatives. It feels very well through through and the menus are all in the right places. The UI is comparable to Photoshop and it is very easy to make the switch. They even support .psd files in case you want to switch your current project over.

I use it to make graphics for the videos I make, and to touch up photos I take. In both aspects, Affinity is a champion.

Pros

Affinity Photo is the reason I don't bleed money on overly expensive programs that I only use a tiny portion of. It is inexpensive, reliable, and has all the features I ever needed!

Cons

I would really want more customization options for key bindings. My drawing tablet does not support the current hotkeys well, but that's not only on Affinity but on the tablet manufacturer as well.

Barbara P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Affinity Photo offers a complete toolset with a fair pricing model

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

I use Affinity Photo to edit rendered images generated on 3D modeling programs and to draw images later to be used on animations. I add lighting to scenes, work on composition, edit bright, contrast, blur, add some effects, use brushes and fonts to create original designs and art to social media. It offers a wide usage possibility with professional tools.

Pros

Affinity Photo offers a complete and professional toolset on photo editing and has competitive pricing that makes it the best choice when it comes to benefit-cost analysis. The software is available to all platforms and devices, including Windows Store (even though it was first made to Mac platforms.). After a single purchase, you own the software and can use it until it is discontinued by Affinity, which is a fair model of pricing to users that's not done by major competitors. Instead, other companies charge users monthly to get a license to use their product, which makes their product far more expansive than Affinity Photo. The choice of charging only once for their product is a very good reason people are migrating to Affinity, especially new users and students who can't afford a never-ending monthly payment.

Cons

Getting used to Affinity Photo's interface was a confusing process, it could be more intuitively friendly to beginners and users who changed from another product. Maybe adding a tutorial or some sort of guide would help with that problem.

Give up that monthly subscription

Reviewed on 15/4/2021

I switched to Affinity after trying numerous image editing software options that would get me away from the monthly subscription model. Affinity best met 95% of the requirements I was looking for and over time I've discovered other ways to get it to do what I want. It's great for creating flyers, ads, and graphics to use on FB, Twitter, and Instagram

Pros

It's so easy to use once you get over the learning curve. Even after 2 years I am still discovering more and more things that I thought were not possible with this software

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve and some features do not work as I'd expect. I would also like other things implemented (adjustiblity per layer,etc) but I also understand that for the price point that's not something they are in a hurry to implement

The best photo editor at one time cost.

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

It was a better alternative for us to reduce costs, since we were previously on a subscription-based tool. We can still manipulate the old psd files.

Pros

Actually very easy to use, and a great alternative to its subscription-based alternatives. It has a lot of features, and you can manipulate psd files without issues.

Cons

Changing over took some time, but once you learn how to use it you won't go back.

The best tool for Photo Edition

Reviewed on 25/5/2021

A great software for photo edition, once you get a hold of it you can actually do really amazing photo edition. You can easily play with the layers and the tools to create a great work-

Pros

It is very easy to use and the tools available are very similar to other software tools. The zoom is infinite and helps you with a more detailed edition.

Cons

It can be a bit challenging at first if you are transitioning from another software, but once you get used to it you learn to love it.