Windscribe

Browse the web privately as it was meant to be.

4.7/5
4.4/5
4.7/5
4.3/5

Richard P.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Powerful VPN software for both Phone and PC.

Reviewed on 10/9/2021

I really like the application, it runs well, doesn't crash. It has good quality updates. I'm a fan of Winscribe and would struggle to move to another VPN,

Pros

I like both the phone app and pc software. Both applications are feature packed and do a fabulous job. It is always quick to connect and reliable. It has a good list of countries to hide your location behind. It has a well designed UI, no adverts and wasn't expensive at all. Then again, I purchased this when it was a brand new release and relatively unknown. I got a lifetime licence for hardly any cost.

Cons

I can only think of one feature that I would like to see added into this program, the ability to allow the application to select a random country to connect to.

Topik ..

Windscribe is THE best VPN, hands down, no question

Reviewed on 28/1/2019

Windscribe has never let me down. It is a great VPN that everybody should be using.

Pros

In short, speed, reliability, safety, generosity, and convenience. If you would like to know why, keep reading.
When it comes to speed, Windscribe is a cheetah racing deer. Windscribe delivers the fastest speeds compared to the competition. Before Windscribe, I hesitated to use VPNs at all due to how much it slowed down my connection. You either had to sacrifice security or speed. With Windscribe, no sacrifices are needed. Not even to your wallet. If you don’t use VPNs much or don’t want to spend money on a VPN, Windscribe’s free tier works amazingly great. With the free tier alone, you get a good amount of locations at a fast speed with a 15GB per month cap. If you upgrade, you unlock even faster speeds and a total of 57 locations. Giving away such a great free tier really shows what Windscribe is all about. One of the most unique aspects of Windscribe is it’s generous referral system. If you refer a friend to Windscribe using your affiliate link, you and your friend both get an extra gigabyte added to your monthly plan. The best part is, if your friend decides to get Windscribe Pro, you also get it. And that counts for anybody that you invite. If they upgrade to Pro, you get the exact same plan for the exact same time. No charge to you. Seems great, right? Well, there’s one more thing. If you have lots of computers and not a lot of money, you can upgrade your account by mining Monero. The more you mine, the more credits you get. Once you hit a certain n

Cons

I really am a happy customer with Windscribe. To this day, I haven't had any issues at all.

The best vpn

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

I feel safer when using Windscribe to search on the internet. It is easy to use and I don’t need to lose time on setups.

Pros

It is easy to use. There is a little humor on the communications. Set up an account is easy. You can use any of the standard plans or build your own custom plan - depending on what you need, it could be really cheap.

Cons

Really don’t see any cons in this software. Although I guess the iPhone app could be improved, sometimes it crashes. But for desktop computers, Windscribe is great.

NordVPN

Reasons for Choosing Windscribe

Better service, better price.

TunnelBear

Reasons for Switching to Windscribe

Price.
Debjit B.

Be anonymous, hide ad's and browse safely.

Reviewed on 14/9/2018

I love the idea of anonymously and ads blocker in one package, it stops ads before it loads and saves you bandwidth cost. It doesn't need any special configuration and has an android app, which includes with your account costs, so you can secure your pc and your phone at same time. It helps to hide your true identity and give flexibility of going anonymous with one click.

Pros

f you are fade up with ads and cookies are hunting you then this VPN and Ads blocker will help you a lot. I use it to purchase and hide from local firewall. It is really when you found you cannot access your own account in file storage website which you used to share big files, even it is your own created/shot videos. I use this VPN to bypass this awkward situation and access my files. It does not keeps track of my browser's history and give the anonymity. Even when I shop online websites track me and show me different prices for different places. The adblocker works fine all ads on video site is blocked and I can see any video without any ads.

Cons

It sometimes lags very much and doesn't load at peak time. When changing the server on the fly sometimes it stops working and needs to be restart and breaks all my connections.

Orlando B.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

A very fast VPN

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

I have been using Windscribe for 2 years and it has worked perfectly. I have the Pro version and that way I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly. The cost of membership is very economical and if I pay the annual plan I get much cheaper.

Pros

I like several things about Windscribe. First, I can use it for free. It's really good because it hides the IP perfectly and allows me to enter pages that have restrictions for my country. In addition, security matters a lot to me and with Windscribe I feel protected and I can also use it on my cell phone. As for the connection, Windscribe is very fast, I can connect to the server you want in a few seconds. The cost of the monthly membership has an affordable price. I really like its interface too.

Cons

I would like it to have more Latin countries, such as Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras, etc. Everything else is excellent.

Securely surf the net even in repressive areas

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

Pros

It works even in regions where VPNs don't, I was in an asian country that has this thing against VPNs and it was just working, was in Zimbabwe and social networks and VPNs were once blocked and it was still working so that's definitely great
Their free data is great and the unlimited data is much better
It's still just as fast unlik some connections that slow down when it's vpn
No configuration hassles just username and password and you good to go
This is besides the point but I like the memes they send in their emails lol

Cons

At time the firewall the blocks traffic can just turn on while I'm not connected and I can spend a bit of time not knowing why my browser keeps saying Blocked Access
My PC would crash when I'd turn it on, on a network with Sophos equipment, I don't know why... maybe it was a Wifi drivers thing also.

Damilola M.

Reviewed on 26/4/2019

Pros

I first saw windscribe vpn on a friend's phone he explained he had being using it for a while that it's a great vpn, then i was convinced to install it on my phone firstly I love the fact that they give free 10 GB of data per month with unlimited connections, the mobile application is user friendly and easy to use. selection of regions is really easy on application.

Cons

After I decided to upgrade to their pro version, their customer support is just too slow in responding to message. I notice the browsing speed is slower compare to some top vpn in the market.

Kim H.

Great VPN for Marketers

Reviewed on 22/3/2019

I use Windscribe to test geo settings in marketing. Often times, you need to set up different flows for different countries. This tool will help you check if the geo settings are correct.

I also use it a lot while traveling, both to secure my IP when accessing hotspots, but also to connect to NetFlix for entertainment. Same goes for reading local news from abroad, one of my favorite publications is blocking a lot of content for foreign users.

Pros

It has a huge range of countries you can use to connect the VPN.

Connection is usually fast and trouble free.

It has an IP-lock that will block traffic until your VPN connection is running, it will also block the traffic if the VPN accidentally drops out. This is a great way to protect your real IP, even in case there is a hickup.

It has servers that will bypass NetFlix VPN check. These are named Windflix in the server list. If you travel a lot, this is a great feature.

Cons

I do not have any particular dislikes about Windscribe. The only thing I can think of, is the frequent updates. Each update, requires you to download the installation file, close down Windscribe and then run the installation. I would have liked it to auto-update in the background. That way, I would not have to do this myself before I can use the software every other time.

Paul B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Windscribe VPN

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Using Windscribe enables me to check customer's visibility of our website and various tools from outside our intranet.

Using Windscribe as a personal user gives the freedom of unlocking all content on such apps as Netflix

Pros

Both desktop and browser apps very simple and intuitive to use and changing settings very clear. The graphical interface is a nice touch.

Cons

Having bought the software purely for the VPN features, the added extras bought in are a little confusing - maybe some more descriptions and instructions for these?

Ben T.

A Good Consumer VPN with a Free Option

Reviewed on 6/1/2020

Windscribe is generally trouble-free software - quick to install, easy to use, and does what it's meant to. Having used lots of VPNs this is one I would recommend, especially for occasional users who'd rather not pay for a subscription.

Pros

Windscribe does everything a good consumer VPN needs to do, and it also has a nice simple menu-bar interface. It offers a reasonable amount of traffic (10GB) per month, which is adequate if, like me, you only need a VPN for occasional use, such as when on public wifi or quick trips. It is simple and effective and doesn't noticeably slow down my internet connection.

Cons

Very occasionally I seem to lose connectivity and have to disconnect and reconnect, but this doesn't happen frequently enough to be a major problem. Also the interface feature to change the country to connect to doesn't always seem as intuitive as it could be.

Sandesh A.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

One of the most convenient VPN out there

Reviewed on 18/4/2021

It is overall a very nice software and the cons i found can easily be fixed in some updates in front end design part.
It technically hasnt done a loss for me only turned out to be useful.

Pros

Windscribe gives different servers for each region and specifically showing latency before connecting to that server.
It gives well information on connecting and disconnecting from any server.
The servers were hardly down.
And on top of all these we get 10 gb volume every month with all the pros.

Cons

Sometimes the best location/server fails to provide the best one for me.
The windscribe user interface does need a refresh in my opinion.

Dhanushka S.

A fast VPN for a every low cost.

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Windscribe helps me to be invisible in the world wide web and fast browsing.

Pros

It has been a couple of months since I started to use Windscribe products. I was using lots of VPNs before, so far this is the best VPN I've ever found because Windscribe provides some aweome services for a very low cost to their clients. As an example, usually you have to pay around 10$ - 40$ per month for a VPN but the cool thing is, with Windscribe you can customize the VPN's feature according to your budget. That means if you want to have a VPN for 2$ per month you can do that with Windscribe. When it comes to features, they have tools to block ad trackers and web beacons, strong encryption methods, Web browser extension and desktop application suitable for all the operating systems, and much more...

Cons

Sometimes their customer support bit slower than I thought.

O. kelvin K.

The Best VPN So Far

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Windscribe enables me to connect all my devices simultaneously, there's no limit to the amount of devices you can connect. This is one thing I really love about Windscribe.

Pros

I currently use Windscribe for all my devices, VPN usage has never been this easier for me.

It connects easily on all my devices, my internet connection speed remains fast, I surf all pages flawlessly.

I have even went on to recommend windscribe to my students.

Keep up the good work.

Cons

Nothing really, but it won't be bad if we have more servers.

• Industry: Law Practice

It works.

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

Pros

It works. The features for this VPN work well for work and play.

Cons

No complaints other than I bought a lifetime license and it expires in a few years

Krishna R.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Works like charm best VPN ever

Reviewed on 3/2/2019

One of the most complete package, bought the lifetime membership of this VPN. Im really happy with the performance

Pros

Bought the unlimited plan with unlimited devices, I'm very much impressed with the VPN services, Works well on all the devices. This might be the only one VPN which offers unlimited bandwidth with unlimited devices. I have never faced any connectivity issues whatsoever. Speed is also very good compared to other VPN's.

Cons

Havn't found anything yet it looks perfect for me till date.

Matthew P.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Simple and useful free VPN for everyday use

Reviewed on 6/9/2019

As an expat myself doing work for Australians, Americans, and anyone else in between, it's frustrating to encounter websites that cannot be accessed from my country (perfectly legitimate businesses like gardeners or roofers even!). Windscribe allows me to quickly turn on my VPN to access anything I need from wherever I am in the world. It's also quite reliable as far as free VPNs go.

Pros

I like that it's available as a web extension as well as on the Android store, meaning that I can access this VPN from any device seamlessly. It's also got a great choice of countries available (even multiple choices within many countries), even on the free trial version.

Cons

Trial users are only permitted to use 10 GB worth of data, however this resets each month. As you might imagine, streaming services and video will use up this amount very quickly. Consider upgrading to the paid version.

Otniel V.

Very useful , i can honestly say i been using windscribe for months without anu problems

Reviewed on 1/6/2018

Pros

It is very fast and connects quick to a server it does not matter which country you select you never have an issue with your connection.

Cons

I do not have anything bad to say about windscribe i use to love hotspot shield but after i uninstall it i was looking for a replacement and fell inlove with windscribe , the free version is awsome 10GB iss more than enough i even stream with it and it still does not run out.

High quality VPN

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Pros

I like how Windscribe offers a free and paid option, both of which are viable options for different customers. I have found the free version to be very useful.

Cons

I don't like how long it has taken the company to release an android app. It took them almost a year to release it after they announced it.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

An easy way to browse the web privately

Reviewed on 25/4/2018

Pros

The app interface is clean and simple. Quick and small installation. Very easy to access the server you want to connect or disconnect to. The chrome extension makes the ease of use even greater.

Cons

Below average speeds at times. But that could also be based on my ISP's connection. Also, even though Windscribe has servers around the world, it can be somewhat limited when compared to other VPNs (no luck for Africa or South America)

Tripta A.
  • Used for 1+ year

Excellent VPN with extra feaures

Reviewed on 15/5/2021

Excellent VPN for all kinds of unblocking content online, P2P etc.

Pros

1. Very easy to setup and use.
2. The VPN has extra features as compared to many other VPN apps in the market like Maicious sites and ads blocking.
3. One of the best account dashboards.

Cons

I did not find anything to dislike in the app except that the support can be improved.

Ryan S.

Great site that works as it should, effective way to browse anonymously

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

Very positive experience, I know it works because I've searched for my IP address while browsing and it does point to a different one.

Pros

Very easy to use, you can choose from different IP locations and the app makes it very simple to connect and switch between one IP and another.

Cons

It opens automatically every time I turn my computer on which isn't necessary, this occurred by default when I installed it.

Sun K.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Good performing VPN that is easy to setup and available on many platforms.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Good VPN solution that is offered on almost all platforms and is very easy to use.

Pros

It is available for Windows, Android, Linux, Mac, Android TV, and even some routers. They offer a free version to test to see if you are happy with the performance. They offer other features such as port forwarding and also offer some level of protection when browsing.

Cons

Free plans limit the amount you can use, however this does reset monthly. Paid services are a bit on the pricier side relative to alternatives in the market.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

One of the best VPN solutions.

Reviewed on 12/10/2019

I can say that this VPN solution functions usually as expected and can be trusted by its potential users.

Pros

I like the responsiveness and ease of use of this software. It allows users to start a session, picking the server of his choice.

Cons

I would like to have more servers available, in order the potential user to choose a faster and more reliable connection.

Lisa m antunes da L.

Great VPN and ad blocker

Reviewed on 10/3/2020

Working internationally means that at times I need a reliable VPN. I also trust Windscribe to protect me from adware.

Pros

It was super easy to use and did the job. I tried out several different services and this one impresses me.

Cons

Nothing negative to say. I use it regularly and will continue to do so. Windscribe functions exactly as it is supposed to.

Jarred B.

Reviewed on 9/3/2020

Overall, my experience with Windscribe has been very positive.

Pros

Windscribe offers a host of features available even to the users who choose to only make use of the free version.

Cons

The free version of the software comes with a very limited amount of available data that can be transferred over the VPN.