IPVanish

Software to establish and manage virtual private network

4.4/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.1/5

• Used for 1+ year

Simple VPN software with many features

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

Very useful when traveling overseas. Especially to areas that censor and restrict access to some countries.

Pros

Installation and configuration are very easy. A huge variety of countries to choose from. Also give you the ability to use a SOCKS5 proxy. Very advantageous when traveling out of the country to areas that restrict access to certain countries or web sites. Can use on multiple devices also.

Cons

Cost is a little high. I recommend this software, but I highly suggest waiting to purchase when they have a special discount going on. The regular price without discount seems high. There are other alternatives that are cheaper when paying full price.

Damilola M.

IPVanish VPN

Reviewed on 26/4/2019

Pros

Based on my personal and usage test Ipvanish has an excellent reliable speed with 10 simultaneous connections to a subscription, Ipvanish chat and email support plus telephone support are 24/7 available.

I have used Ipvanish on Android, iOs and Windows the security level is high, noIP address leak, Ipvanish has settings that allow user to personalize privacy features and encryption.

Cons

Due to mass surveillance in the United States where Ipvanish is based this is really a major drawback for Ipvanish because US is not the best privacy jurisdiction. Ipavnish is a bit expensive than other quality Vpn in the market.

Rachelle G.

Great Service for Unsecured Networks

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

We are able to work without worrying about our secure data being accessed on unknown networks.

Pros

We use IPVanish to keep our devices from malicious activity on unsecured networks.

Cons

When traveling in some countries, IPVanish VPN is blocked and we are unable to use the software.

Matthew Q.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Protect Your Privacy and See The World

Reviewed on 28/11/2020

I've enjoyed using the product to see news from other towns and areas that restrict access. With this product, I am able to read what I have been looking for. I pay a few dollars a month and I am allowed several devices (some which I don't use) on the plan. I recommend this program/app if you are looking for some privacy and to broaden your internet experience.

Pros

This is one of the easiest products to use. Easy graphical interface. If you are looking for simple but effective privacy, IP Vanish is the way to go.

Cons

Right now the servers in the Philippines are down so if you are looking to read newspapers or see certain sites in the Philippines, it is very difficult. Otherwise, all the the countries are work great.

Jason B.
  • Industry: Music

Reliable Round-the-clock VPN!

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

IP Vanish gives me complete peace of mind in a hacker environment we call the internet.

Pros

IP Vanish has many reliable hosts around the globe. It's a very reliable VPN and requires very little resources to run.

Cons

Some days I experienced connection delays.

Sometimes the software randomly pops up and interrupts me.

David M.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Vpn Ip Vanish

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

Great service, prices are fantastic and their customer service and forum is easy to correspond with.

Pros

This is probably the best Private network in the country, it protects your browsing, speed test are great and most importantly it doesn't share or sell your data.

Cons

Got to connect a couple of times to get the best ip

Great Product!

Reviewed on 8/3/2018

Pros

Great to use, asks to connect when I turn my computer on, automatically gets on a server, never has issues

Cons

The only thing I think is annoying is it will disconnect and reconnect often might just be what it does

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Aki Hubbard-IPV VPN Review

Reviewed on 24/11/2019

I use IP Vanish VPN at home for privacy and abroad to stream geo-blocked content. In either case, I have not experienced a problem with this program and for the price, it is well worth its weight.

Pros

What I like most is the privacy. With IP Vanish activated, I can surf the web, conduct online transactions, and stream content with an added layer of security.

Cons

There's not really much to complain about with using IP Vanish. If I had to choose one thing for them to improve on, it would be to include a tutorial that explains how to manually choose the servers with the best reception.

Eric R.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used for 6-12 months

Some great features, but other VPNs are a better value

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

IPVanish is a great value if you need the cloud storage it includes. If you don't, you can pay just a little bit more per month and get more powerful VPN like CyberGhost or NordVPN. Some of their long-term contracts are actually a similar price.

Pros

IPVanish is a pretty good VPN, with good security and privacy features and pretty fast speeds. Its most impressive aspect is that it includes 250 GB of cloud storage totally free, so if you need a storage solution and VPN it's a great value. If you don't need the extra storage, there are better VPNs out there for only slightly higher prices.

Cons

IPVanish doesn't unblock very many streaming sites. It also doesn't work in China. Although its servers are torrent-friendly, it doesn't have specialized P2P servers optimized for file sharing.

A good turn-key solution for those who need VPN

Reviewed on 21/4/2018

Provides secure and anonymous connections for average user needs

Pros

- Numerous servers in almost every country imaginable
- Native application for major OS's, including desktop and mobile platforms
- Easy to install and operate

Cons

The main thing is support, really stinks. In many occasions, they don't even reply, even after numerous attempts! And when they do they do not solve anything

Adrian H.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great for secure browsing when travelling, and getting access to some overseas TV websites

Reviewed on 31/3/2020

I have used this for probably 5 years and found it a generally stable and reliable VPN giving me peace of mind when travelling abroad. When working from home it can give me access to media channels usually blocked to foreign IP addresses.

Pros

Peace of mind if I am using a hotel or airport wifi . I know my connection is truly private. I also use it to gain access to certain foreign TV, eg in USA when I am in Europe, though the BBC from abroad is normally blocked if using a VPN.

Cons

i think it slows the connection down, but have not tested this theory. Certain browsing seems to be blocked when using a VPN in a hotel. And I am not talking about anything my wife would worry about!

Jesica H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Keeping things secure

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

SO far so good. It appears to be doing what it is supposed to do.

Pros

I like that the app makes my phone difficult to trace and thereby keeps my family and business information more secure.

Cons

Its a more techy app that is not as easy to understand how it works, but I did more research and educated myself a bit more and I understand how it works now.

Gede ananda A.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Vanish your Identity with IPVanish

Reviewed on 19/8/2020

As we know what VPN do is to change or IP address so we can surf on the Internet privately and Safely, IPVanish gets the job done, IPVanish offer various server that user can pick to their need.

Pros

Friendly and clean user interface, Wide server selection, surprisingly this VPN doesn't choke my Internet connection, I can still stream or browsing at max speed without any throttling, Supported OpenVPN and IKEv2 protocol that I can choose and it comes on all platform, I use it on PC and Android simultaneously without any problem.

Cons

Sometimes connection just drop dead without any notification and I need to disconnect-connect manually, this is so annoying when I'm in the middle of a Video call or gaming

Joanne M.

Great and fast VPN

Reviewed on 6/7/2018

Pros

With tons of places to pick from, you can prospect other markets as a native, you can engage with new customers in their enviroment and experience online like they do.

Cons

Sometimes for selected countries the speed is really bad, or it discconects. For me it has happened 1 in 100 connections, so not that bad.

• Industry: Computer Games

IPVanish is a great, affordable VPN

Reviewed on 22/2/2018

Pros

I like how simple the VPN is. No fiddling around with network settings or anything like that. Just hit Go, and you're on! It's also very affordable.

Cons

Sometimes it isn't great at choosing the server that's closest to me - It'll often pick one halfway across the country and I'm not sure why.

Straightforward solution to online privacy

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

Quick and easy way to setup VPN with no long term purchase requirements

Pros

Fairly priced and straightforward setup. Just click connect and you're good to go. Works on just about any device and operating system

Cons

Sometimes it froze on me but can't say defiinitely it was IPvanish...may have been other applications using a lot of RAM

Chris C.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

My review

Reviewed on 21/7/2021

Not horribly bad. But agaian there is better vpn software out there

Pros

That it hides my IP address. Other vpn software is better

Cons

That the software was limited with what it could do

James K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

IP service

Reviewed on 4/8/2021

Reasonably priced and would recommend them

Pros

Kept my information safe and protected .

Cons

Slowed up my android device so had to take it off my cell phone

Stacey B.

IP Vanish helps you protect your privacy online.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Prevents tracking based on IP/location for services that may limit connectivity from some locations. Ironically, since it allows you to pick where you appear to connect from, you can also use it for testing Geolocation limited features of services. Game or other servers that need to limit access to a country for legal reasons can be tested from a long list of location nodes in the IPVanish network.

Pros

IP Vanish software just works. Simple yet powerful interface. Supports Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Fire TV, Linux, and more. You can even install it on your router. Since IPVanish is at core a service, you can configure your system to use the service without using their software. Provides automatic or manual selection of best VPN connection point all over the US and in many countries. IP Vanish allows you to protect your privacy from trackers and Geolocation services providing you with greater peace of mind while you use the internet.

Cons

While you can configure it to pass local LAN traffic it doesn't always seem to work with new connections. If I am connected to a LAN service/server before starting the VPN, then it works, but occasionally doesn't seem to work right if I haven't already established a connection. My local LAN can consist of private IP's and public IPs so that may be where the issue lies.

Dennis N.

Been using it while working in a software development company

Reviewed on 26/4/2018

Pros

I like that its pretty fast to use and it has a large range of countries and cities to connect to and use their IP address, second i like that it has a design that looks nerdy with cool green and black colors, makes you feel like you are doing something complicated but really you are just clicking two buttons.

Cons

I don't like that lately the servers started dropping and its not availlable most of the time to connect to some countries, but this is only occuring for the last 10 days so i wouldn't say its a problem, it can happen to any software.

• Industry: Banking

Excellent laptop VPN

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

Pros

Simplified user interface allows you to select your geographic connection point. Connects fairly quickly and when using the mobile client lets you know when you're on unsecured networks.

Cons

Occasionally on disconnect the software keeps the dns settings and I have had to manually remove the settings in my network configuration

Don W.

IP Vanish - Excellent VPN Software

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

I used this as my 'go to' software for VPN functionality on my cell phone and my PC until I bought Norton 360 which comes with a good, free, vpn included. That's the only reason I stopped using IPVanish.

Pros

It does an excellent job of masking my IP address and spoofing my location at places all over the world. It is intuitive, easy to use, and reasonably priced.

Cons

If you set your presumptive location to a country in which English is not a primary language, you will frequently get directed to foreign-language web pages. I suppose in a way this is a testament to the effectiveness of IPVanish.

William C.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great VPN Service few flaws

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

Pros

There are about 1300 servers worldwide and it has a good search feature to find one. Overall it proc=vides a fast connection even though it is a VPN which tends to slow things down.

Cons

The user interface is a bit cluttered and sometimes I do have problems with it disconnecting mid browsing which defeats the purpose. However it does have a kill switch you can set up to prevent connection to the internet unless the VPN is connected.

Tonya K.

Keep you location secret

Reviewed on 17/7/2019

Pros

That people can't tell were I am streaming from and track me.

Cons

It sometimes slows down the stream of videos.

IP Vanish does just what you think it does

Reviewed on 6/4/2020

This helps a ton when you are trying to access different sites from different countries and allows you to research when needed from anywhere

Pros

I like IP Vanish because it's fairly simple to use and it gives you multiple options and locations to use for your IP from within the country to international as well

Cons

I can't say any cons- there are a lot of IP hiding services out there, but this one does the job as intended.