Buy Now, Pay Later

4.8/5
4.5/5

Melissa
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Paying made easy & stress free

Reviewed on 9/12/2021

After having my son & needing the necessary & even unnecessary items a baby demands, afterpay made it easier for me & reduced the exorbitant amount of stress I was having at the cost of everything by offering payments I could handle & not having to wait until everything was paid off before actually receiving what was paid for

Pros

I love that you can shop at tons of different places, both online & in person, & instead of paying what could likely be a hefty amount you can split the total into 4 more easily affordable payment with no interest charged

Cons

While there are a lot of places available to shop using afterpay & even some you're introduced to that are amazing, there are still places like Walmart that aren't available yet

PierreAntoine

Reaching out a new demo

Reviewed on 15/4/2022

Easy onboarding, they are available by e-mail to help you setup the product, pretty straight forward and pleasant experience

Pros

Afterpay is mostly used by younger generation, it allows us to offer a payment solution that our customer target would appreciate by having multi payment terms

Cons

A direct integration with Shopify would be great, but probably won’t ever happen since Shopify has similar services

Delena
  • Industry: Building Materials

My favorite go-to!

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Overall, Afterpay is my go to!

Pros

I love everything about Afterpay. It's a great software with a huge shopping base. Have never had any issues and I love shopping at the palm of my hand.

Cons

At first I didn't like that my shopping was limited. That has absolutely changed since they have expanded their shopping base.

Tameisha
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

1-2 Missed payment RESULTING FROM UNFORESEEN EMERGENCIES, AfterPay turns into a NIGHTMARE!

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

I was on an unpaid sick leave that unfortunately for me resulted in 1 or 2 missed payments. I’ve explained that I was terribly Ill and was not paying attention to the fact that ANY of my accounts set of for autopay was being rejected due to an expired card. UNLIKE most sensible merchants who contact their LOYAL CUSTOMERS or any customer when they notice a payment has been missed, AfterPay resorts to NON HUMAN FORMS OF COMMUNICATION! Less than a month later when I was back on my feet I IMMEDIATELY PAYED OFF THE PAYMENTS MISSED ALONG WITH THE ONES THATS WASNT DUE. To my surprise, PENALIZED BY AfterPay DRASTICALLY! My spending limit that was near $2000, a result of on time payments since late 2019 had been decreased to $50. ALL of my rewards stripped! I tried to appeal this by reaching out to customer service but received repetitive emails not explaining the drastic PUNISHMENT, but a regurgitated script of “SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THIS HAS CAUSED….SPEND MORE MONEY TO BUILD BACK UP YOUR LIMIT.”The NIGHTMARE continued when I conceded and took the L when I realized AfterPay is A COMPANY WHO HAS NO REGARDS TO THE PRESENT DAY ISSUES WHERE THEIR CUSTOMERS HEALTH COULD BE THE REASON BEHIND A MISSED PAYMENT! The past couple of days I’ve been trying to buy 2 items under my now $50 spending limit. AfterPay HAS REJECTED EACH ATTEMPT CLAIMING THAT THE PURCHASE EXCEEDS MY SPENDING LIMIT!

Pros

At first it was a convient way to purchase what you WANT without making any sacrifices to you important and necessary bills. I would use the service to by clothing, perfumes, sneakers etc.

Cons

AfterPay is good until you have an issue. The company causes issues that impacts your account for months at a time and the consumer has no control over what happens! In the end a fun service turns to an unnecessary nightmare!My problems started when I received an Email from Afterpay support that my account had been Hacked. I responded to the Email and that was the beginning of the end. You would think changing my password would be fix the issue but it wasn’t. The various agents working on my case forgot the reason of my inquiry to THEIR email turned into me reaching out to them to report a breech in my account. This took over 2 months to resolve! If they had PHONE SUPPORT, this would have never been an issue.

Riley
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Afterpay - Absolute Slay

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Pros

This product makes purchasing things NOW easier and less stressful. I used it for the first time a few weeks ago, and I have had no issues. You receive an email before your payment is due, and you can use a debit card for no extra fee! I am told exactly how much I will need to have loaded into my bank account before the payment is withdrawn. No surprises and very clear instruction. I will use again and have told my friends and family they can trust Afterpay.

Cons

I have not had a single bad experience thus far. I was nervous at first that they would only accept credit cards or I would be surprised by hidden fees, but neither happened! I thoroughly trust Afterpay and will use it again in the future.

Jasmina
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Pros

Easy to use. great outcome. self efficient. buy now. pay later.

Cons

There are no cons. The software is awesome.

Shawna
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

One of the best pay later apps

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

Pros

One of the best things about this particular software is that it can be used both online and in store (at participating retailers of course), also there are no interest fees.

Cons

The downside to Afterpay would of course be the late fees.

Maria
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Godsend

Reviewed on 28/10/2022

Pros

I am a shopaholic. But I like to buy when I don't have money or can't bring myself to spend a certain amount on something. This is great it breaks down my frivolous purchase into 4 easy more manageable payments so it helps cut down my guilt and spending. It's all good not bad.

Cons

Other than contributing to my frivolous spending habits it's fantastic!

Jillienne

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

Pros

I have used this as a small business owner and I love the fact that I get to get my goods and pay in increments instead of fully up front.

Cons

That as a business owner to offer this to my clients this is costly to me if im not making enough sales through the channels

Ashley
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Afterpay simply

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Have to pay has made certain parts of the day today to do with my business run a lot smoother because I can get it all at once and not worry about paying for it right at the moment do it later it makes everything easier.

Pros

I love how I don't have to pay for it right at the moment of purchase and I love how the nothing evenly distributes to my payments into months after this is a great software.

Cons

My only issue was it was very confusing at first I need to walk you into it with a few more steps and stuff in the beginning so it's easier.

Michael
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

Simple, Online Software Offering Consumers Seamless, Easy to Use Payment Plan Options

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Afterpay Software has been very effective, enjoyable and easy to use. The offer a free downloadable Ap.

Pros

Afterpay Software verifies the Consumers Identity by requesting that It send a four digit code to your phone. After doing so It runs a soft credit check and sends an email and text stating the amount the Consumer is approved for. Your information is stored with the particular consumer for days. Consumers may open more than one Afterpay loan at a time. Afterpay does not report to credit bureaus unless the consumer fails to pay the bill. Afterpay offers options with many Businesses to choose between 3 month, 6 month, 12 month, 18 month or 24 month payment plans each increasing the specific unchanging interest rate a fair amount depending upon the amount of months. One may choose to pay off the debt sooner to alleviate interest.

Cons

Consumers are not always given the option of how many payments to set up.

Kyle

Great pay-in-4 solution for ecomm brands

Reviewed on 11/1/2022

Overall, it creates a great customer experience, which is the most important thing. With the emergence of other pay-in-4 options, I'd still take Afterpay above the others (Klarna, Affirm, etc.) aside from Shopify Installments (for Shopify brands).

Pros

My experience using Afterpay is in conjunction with Shopify only. It was easy to install/deploy and their team was very helpful in the process. Once the script is installed, it just works. Customers see the details on product pages and the option to use it during the checkout process.

Cons

The dashboard is outside of Shopify and the reporting isn't always clear in Shopify for which orders use Afterpay and which don't. It was also difficult to find how to adjust the minimum order value to qualify for Afterpay use. Lastly, the in-cart implementation for the Shopify AJAX cart required a back-end developer while I was hoping it would just be a simple toggle in the app's settings.

Klarna, Shopify Plus, Affirm and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

I chose Afterpay over all the alternatives except for Shopify's native installments feature. This is because Afterpay has a great marketing program that promotes its brands really well. Afterpay Day is also a huge draw and has been a great source of revenue for many of my clients.
Ashvin

Afterpay is the leader of Pay Over Time solutions

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Great experience, never had an issue. Support has always been helpful, never any bugs.

Pros

Loved that they have built such a great community of users who trust them for their daily ecommerce shopping.

Cons

Fees could be a bit lower in comparison with other processing companies but for what you get it is not something that would stop us from using the platform.

Affirm

Reasons for Choosing Afterpay

Fees were better

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

Bigger community that resonated with our core customer base.
Olivia
  • Industry: Cosmetics

A life saver for small businesses

Reviewed on 10/1/2022

Such an amazing tool to use and so easy to install. I like how they caagorize businesses and allow customers to find you based on your store (e.i. Small Business, Black Owned, Woman Owned) and they send out emails letting you sign up for their promotions. After pay really cares about the businesses.

Pros

Afterpay allows us to receive larger orders than we did before we connected them with the store. Our customers have commented that they enjoy afterpay are are happy that we offer it. At this point if you have a small business and you don't have afterpay, then you are really hurting yourself and your potential customers.

Cons

The fees are the only downside, however I would much rather pay small a fee and receive more orders, than to not get the orders at all. After pay definitely brings more customers.

Klarna and Affirm

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

The popularity with potential customers, as well as the overall ratings.
Joanna

Afterpay Changed My Business

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

I love them personally. They were my first split payment option to my website. I did have an issue where they didn't have my payment bank information correct so payments were stuck for 4 months with them, but they resolved it once they figured it out.

Pros

I love when I added this back in 2018 it instantly added to sales within my company. A lot of consumers are dealing with the pandemic and need to place orders on a payment plan, this helps. The moment I saw inception of this on my website my sales started to boost.

Cons

I do feel that it is a bit expensive however, I think that it is a must have since 25-30% of our customers use Afterpay.

Klarna and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

Afterpay seems to be the leader in split payment options.
Alyssa

Good Product but Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/1/2022

Customer service is terrible. It once took me over a month to get a response about us being missing from the online directory and they acted like they couldn't have cared less when they finally did answer.

Pros

customers typically spend more money when they can split their payments

Cons

there needs to be a buy now quick checkout button for shopify. I am constantly having to tell customers how to find the afterpay gateway.

I didn't I offer both.
amanda

Reviewed on 10/1/2022

Pros

Having afterpay as a checkout option has produced more sales for us not only in the dollar amount of the sale but even a sale with the minimum of $35. So a customer that wouldn't have purchased because of the total being a little more than they would like to spend at the moment afterpay breaks it up at no cost to them. Which in turn raises our sales and larger order amount. We love afterpay.

Cons

it is a bit costly with the fees that they take our per transaction

Sahar

AfterPay increases cart values

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

We run on Shopify making our integration with the app basically a plug-and-play experience. It took us at most 2 days to get running with their system.

Pros

AfterPay allows customers to purchase what they want, when they want, without waiting for their next pay period. The payment processing system has increased our total cart value. AfterPay has become a great way for our wholesale clients to put only 25% down on their large purchases and by the time they have re-sold our products, they can easily pay off their balances early with AfterPay.

Cons

Customers have mentioned that they wish AfterPay was more widely accepted at all retailers. AfterPay's customer profiles and analytics could be a lot stronger in the dashboard. We would love to know more about our customer's shopping habits, likes, and dislikes. We also have customers who were gladly accepted by Klarna (their competitor), but they can't make a single AfterPay purchase.

Goran
  • Industry: Wholesale

Afterpay worked great as a resource for our buyers

Reviewed on 22/5/2022

Our experience has been only positive with Afterpay. Our customers like their process, and so do we.

Pros

Afterpay offered a great alternative for our customers. Buy now pay later is a growing trend and is here to stay. It is a great offer to pay over time with no interest, and Afterpay was easy to deploy to our site.

Cons

At this time, I have not yet found anything I did not like about Afterpay.

Affirm

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

We offer a few payment solutions, and Afterpay is primary.
Chriztina

Buy Now, Pay Later

Reviewed on 12/1/2022

Overall, its been great. I was pretty disappointed that I pay a higher processing fee than a few of my colleagues. I tried to negotiate the rate down a little and didn’t have much luck. One of my friends has a business of comparable size, so it felt especially weird that I pay more than her. (I understand major retailers getting volume breaks, but it stung to find out I was paying more when I was one of the first brands to onboard with Afterpay when they came to America)

Pros

Giving customers the option to split their order into 4 payments has helped increase my AOV and after all of these years, I have never had a customer complain about Afterpays service - so thats a win!

Cons

Unable to secure marketing placements. So I feel like smaller brands just get “lost in the shuffle” unless they are VERY lucky and selected to be featured in marketing materials

Twana

I LOVE Afterpay

Reviewed on 10/1/2022

I have loved using Afterpay as a store owner and consumer. My customers love it, as well.

Pros

It was really easy to set up, and customer service is easily accessible if assistance is needed. It is also easy to use, on the consumer side.

Cons

The fees are not clear. I cannot find the percentage that I'm paying, per order, anywhere. They need to be more transparent about that.

Ashley

Best Hands Down

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Pros

I love how easy it is to purchase and as an owner the payout takes no time to get into my account

Cons

Getting in touch with customer service. I dont like that I cant call anyone to talk to about issues I may be having.

The longest running
Niko
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Afterpay Review

Amazing!

Pros

The ease of use and integration is what we like and appreciate most about Afterpay. It is critical for payment processing to be as simple as possible for customers in 2022.

Cons

The reporting and administrative portals could be better. Would like to see a more comprehensive dashboard of sales and analytics.

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

Pricing, customer service, and ease of use/integration.
Shivani
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Afterpay is a must!!

Reviewed on 10/1/2022

Afterpay is the second most used form of payment on my website and since adding it to my website, overall sales on a monthly basis has doubled. Everyone loves the idea of paying off their full balance in installments and Afterpay would always be my first choice to do that.

Pros

I love how easy Afterpay is to use. The layout for customers and the merchant portal is so simplistic and straight to the point. Everything is so easy to access whether I want to check all my current purchases using Afterpay or whether I want to access all of my customers purchases from my website through my merchant portal. The integration was very quick and easy and the process to apply for Afterpay went very smoothly.

Cons

I’ve been with Afterpay for nearly 2 years and I have never ran into any kind of issues using this Afterpay as a customer or as a business owner. Everything has met my expectations thus far.

Zandra

Love

Reviewed on 10/1/2022

My overall experience is great

Pros

How easy it is to setup. It was a no brainer for me plus Afterpay pays quality

Cons

Nothing to be honest. I don’t have much to say as I have never experienced any issues