Afterpay

4.5/5

Tikisha
Tikisha
  • Industry: Banking

Afterpay is a great way to pay for Items Over Time.

Reviewed on 6/5/2022

Overall, Afterpay is easy to use with great flexibility & convenience right at the tip of your fingers. You also can change your payment methods at anytime & they also offer the option to delay your payment at no additional costs.

Pros

I like the flexible payment options that they offer at a 0% Apr. I also like the fact that, for every dollar spent with Afterpay it becomes your permanent credit line. It’s easy to use & it offers a simplified checkout process.

Cons

I don’t like fact that, the (in store merchants) which means you have to click the link on their website to get the Afterpay option that they are displaying on their platform does not work. For example, Amazon does not accept Afterpay but it’s on their platform as if they do. I’ve tried several times & it never works.

Candace
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

My customers LOVE Afterpay!

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Pros

Afterpay has been a huge help in growing my AOV! My customers love how easy it is to use and how it makes a new wardrobe affordable!

Cons

Reporting could be more extensive. I feel the merchant backend is lacking in features

Carly
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Misleading application info.

Reviewed on 27/6/2023

Frustrating and a waste of time.

Frustrating and a waste of time.

Pros

Didn't get a chance to use it as they denied my application after they let me get it all set up.

Cons

After applying on-line I received an email directing me through the process to set up the service on my website, which I did successfully and received another message saying it was ready to use. Then I received an email from customer service to say my application was rejected because my average shop item costs over $2000. They do not provide any info. about these restrictions anywhere on the website and I wasted my time setting up the service under the impression that I was already approved. Be very careful when setting up this service and don't waste your time doing anything until you get confirmation of account approval from customers service.

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

Klarna isn't available to sole proprietorships in Canada. - also learned this the hard way after wasting time with an application process of 2 weeks.
Kaelia

Love it

My overall experience has been amazing, I’ve increased sales and order size

My overall experience has been amazing, I’ve increased sales and order size

Pros

Afterpay has increased sales and helped our customers order more at once. It is user friendly and easy to instal

Cons

There isn’t really anything I feel is lacking

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

I chose afterpay because it was quicker to be approved
Nicolas

Afterpay Review

Reviewed on 12/1/2022

Pros

The process to integrate into Shopify was very easy and they had a great on-boarding process.

Cons

There is no API connections on the back end to bring in payments into my ERP system to reconcile which was disappointing.

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

They seemed to be first to market. The reviews looked good. They had been reaching out to me initially and other competitors in our space were using them over the other competitors.
Marcia

Set it and Forget it!

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Customer service made setup quick and easy and once you set it, you can forget it. It’s been working seamlessly since installation.

Pros

I love that many customers already know and trust Afterpay.

Cons

I was not able to fully implement the software on my website by myself but customer service made the process quick and easy

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

I felt AfterPay was the most notable and trusted option.
PierreAntoine

Reaching out a new demo

Reviewed on 15/4/2022

Easy onboarding, they are available by e-mail to help you setup the product, pretty straight forward and pleasant experience

Pros

Afterpay is mostly used by younger generation, it allows us to offer a payment solution that our customer target would appreciate by having multi payment terms

Cons

A direct integration with Shopify would be great, but probably won’t ever happen since Shopify has similar services

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

Link building from their official search website
ZoeMae
  • Industry: Furniture

Afterpay Review

Reviewed on 24/1/2023

afterpay has helped me pay for some expensive items in installments when it is more convenient for me.

Pros

afterpay provides a simple way of purchasing items online on credit, allowing you to pay for items in installments and without interest which has come in handy many times. it is secure and simple, and the app is very organized and easy to navigate

Cons

I do not have anything i like least about this software, it is extremely helpful and keeps all information secure.

Sarah

Four Payments Made Easy

Reviewed on 10/10/2023

Pros

I love the AfterPay allows you the option to split your payments up in for easy, interest-free payments.

Cons

If you do skip a payment, it is very high interest rate, so you just have to make sure that you pay on time to avoid this from happening.

Alexis
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great Option for Paying Overtime

Reviewed on 8/12/2023

Pros

I like that I can pay a purchase over time with 0% interest. Sometimes, I may need to make a purchase, but do not have the funds until my paycheck. Afterpay allows me to pay 1/4 of the cost with a payment plan. The payment plan is 0% interest and can be paid off early without a penalty, which I like. It's also easy to use and can be used at multiple retailers, which makes it very beneficial.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Afterpay is that it can cause you to overspend. Due to the ease of use and payment options, I sometimes spend more than I should. It isn't very good to use for financial planning or saving.

Atoya
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Unsatisfactory

Reviewed on 16/12/2023

Absolutely horrible. This is prob one of the worse companies advertised right now.

Pros

Nothing. I likes absolutely nothing about this company so far.

Cons

There is no customer service. You reach out to speak to someone and it’s a robotic response. No customer service number to talk to anyone just weeks and weeks waiting on some kind of response and still nothing. It’s absolutely ridiculous!

Sahar

AfterPay increases cart values

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

We run on Shopify making our integration with the app basically a plug-and-play experience. It took us at most 2 days to get running with their system.

Pros

AfterPay allows customers to purchase what they want, when they want, without waiting for their next pay period. The payment processing system has increased our total cart value. AfterPay has become a great way for our wholesale clients to put only 25% down on their large purchases and by the time they have re-sold our products, they can easily pay off their balances early with AfterPay.

Cons

Customers have mentioned that they wish AfterPay was more widely accepted at all retailers. AfterPay's customer profiles and analytics could be a lot stronger in the dashboard. We would love to know more about our customer's shopping habits, likes, and dislikes. We also have customers who were gladly accepted by Klarna (their competitor), but they can't make a single AfterPay purchase.

Ashley

Best Hands Down

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Pros

I love how easy it is to purchase and as an owner the payout takes no time to get into my account

Cons

Getting in touch with customer service. I dont like that I cant call anyone to talk to about issues I may be having.

The longest running
Sol
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Amazing application, increases sales

Amazing

Amazing

Pros

Trust for our customer, its amazing how customer relate with afterpay and also with the afterpay store directory

Cons

some customers confuse but overall its great

Drew
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Solid product, easy to setup

Reviewed on 12/1/2022

Providing customers with an easier way to pay; opening up our brand to new customers

Pros

Ease of setup, ease of customer use; brings new customers into our brand

Cons

Nothing, pretty straightforward. Reconciliations with all payment methods take time, but it's worse than anything else we have.

Ease of setup
Cecilia
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Love love love it!

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

I really enjoy using Afterpay. When I was first looking into it I wasn’t sure if it was the right fit for my website but I’m so glad I’ve implemented it as a payment option on my website.

Pros

Afterpay has allowed me to offer my customers and easy way pay in payments without my shop being in charge of taking payments and worrying about payments.

Cons

There’s nothing that I particularly don’t enjoy about using Afterpay on my shop.

Klarna and Shopify
Kathy
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Afterpay is an easy way to increase AOV

Reviewed on 10/1/2022

Pros

Easy to set-up, seamless transition. Lends social proof and credibility to my site.

Cons

I wish there was a quicker customer support response. When a customer had a processing problem it took 72 hours to get a human response.

Klarna and Sezzle

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

Ease of integration and application proxess
Towanna

Excellent Payment Option

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Pros

Easy to use and no credit checks. Customers who we introduce the product to end of buying more since they have payment options and not risk running a credit check.

Cons

The ability to use in store. If I can quickly get the AfterPay option in-store as a payment option, it will increase sales. I filled out the application/form 4 times. Other Boutiques have it and it’s taking a while for me to get it.

Stephanie

Yo skin girl

No complaints and love it! Thank you

No complaints and love it! Thank you

Pros

I love that my clients can use afterpay to check out! They use it very often! And it definitely ups my sales

Cons

I would say I do have a hard time trying to reach out because they don’t make the contact info accessible.

Leticia

Afterpay for the win

Reviewed on 11/1/2022

I have no complaints.

I have no complaints.

Pros

I love that afterpay has allowed my customers the ability to split their payments at ease

Cons

The dashboard doesn't give much information, like when deposits were sent and when they will be arriving to the bank.

Daina

Daina's Review

Reviewed on 15/2/2023

Great experience and i will continue to use it i the future.

Great experience and i will continue to use it i the future.

Pros

Fast Process and easy to use. It also makes spreading the cost of things so much easier.

Cons

Nothing its great i use it often to help spread the cost of things.

Avanna

Greatest Since Sliced Bread

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Pros

I love that it can easily help customers attain the products they want immediately, and breaking down the payment with no interest

Cons

Nothing that I could think of at the moment

Vicki

Boutique

My clients love it!

My clients love it!

Pros

Easy to use. No assistance needed. Payout is quick.

Cons

Nothing. It is easy to use and the payout is quick.

No specific reason.
Ty

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Amazing! Customer service is very easy to work with They always keep you in the loop when something is not working or if we need an update on our software

Pros

I love using Afterpay because it boots our sales

Cons

I honestly say, their isn’t something I don’t like about this software

Shari

Perfect for Urgent Purchases!

Reviewed on 29/6/2021

Overall, my experience with Afterpay has always been satisfactory!

Overall, my experience with Afterpay has always been satisfactory!

Pros

What I like most about Afterpay is that it allows us to make a purchase without having to worry about paying for it in its entirety at once! Simply use Afterpay to pay 1/4 of the cost and acquire the purchase/have it shipped to you, and pay for it in 3 parts over the course of 6 weeks—every 2 weeks. So a $100 purchase with Afterpay would mean $25 now and have the purchase shipped to you, then pay $25 every two weeks until you pay the $100 in full! It’s super convenient when you have an urgent purchase (like a sale, or need it by a certain time) but do not have the full amount for it yet!

Cons

The only thing I dislike about Afterpay is the limitations it has on where you can use their service. You’re not able to use them everywhere, only for verified companies. Their competition, Klarna, allows you to use their Pay in 4 option with even more companies!