Mindflash

Online training for agents, contractors, and partners

4.3 /5 (102 reviews) Write a Review!

Julie D.
  • Industry: Printing

Overall happy

Reviewed on 25/6/2020

Pros

I love the ease of use. We looked at several different LMS and mindflash was the easiest to load training, create quizzes, and maintain records. If I need to pull up a specific persons training I can pull up the scores quickly instead of tracking down our old paper records. If I need to update a slide in the presentation, I can change it in the module instead of having to create a new module like some we viewed. Other than some minor confusion, most of the users love the program. They found it easy to use.

Cons

Since we have started using Mindflash we have been bumped around to several different account managers. I will sometimes email the person who last handled the account and they say they have moved on to a different role and someone else handles the account now. It would be nice for them to be proactive and say hi I am your new account manager. Also there is no app and the mobile view isn't good. If I am out of the office and I need to reset an module I have to pull out my laptop instead of being able to do it on the phone. I can't scroll the individual modules and can only see reset the entire training from my phone.

Rimoun O.

Easy to use, but won't take you far

Reviewed on 9/6/2017

Pros

I liked how easy it is to use Mindflash, however I found it to be very basic and at the time we used it, it was flash based and required you downloading an app for mobile use.

Grant H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Mind flash Review as a Tech Trainer for Eastlink Cable systems

Reviewed on 23/6/2016

Great online teaching tool, as a trainer for a company that is responsible for training over 700 technicians. When you consider that my tech's are spread out over the entire country (Canada) that is lot of territory to cover. Our training team is small so geographically speaking Mind flash gives us the tool to quickly send out training in a heartbeat. In addition we the tracking and reporting is great.

Thanks
Grant

Pros

ease of use

Cons

PDF down load of trainee doesn't include all info however excel does

Karen G.
  • Industry: Automotive

Mindflash Feedback 2017

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

I think it is a great software, however, for training I am still looking for some added features: i.e. archived scoring, capturing training that has been completed pre-mindflash into the system etc..

Pros

Competency questions and the answer review.
Trainees can view the correct answers.
The use of different applications such as PP, Excel, Word, video

Cons

I would like archived scoring to show if trainees improved.
Add quizzes for live training and a complete functions.

Derek B.
  • Industry: Research

Extremely Helpful

Reviewed on 11/7/2019

Pros

I love that the software can house tons of records for my company to login and use for quality compliance.

Cons

Not many cons with the software. The feature I dislike is some of the automatic arrangement features when arranging content, but there ways around.

Michelle W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

One word - wow!

Reviewed on 18/7/2016

We've been using this for a year to track certification training. Mindflash has helped to make our employees' lives easier because the training is available in one place and can be access anytime, any where they have Internet connectivity and from any device.

Pros

Ease of use for both the trainees, trainers and admins.

Cons

Re-certification is still missing.

Randall P.

Good and Getting Better

Reviewed on 2/3/2015

Mindflash is a very effective course delivery tool. We use it mainly to train customers how to use our software. It delivers content in an effective manner, and is easy for end users to navigate. Creating a course is very straightforward and many different types of media can be incorporated into the course design. There are quiz and survey creation and delivery tools, which are useful however require more development to make them truly efficient to use.

Although Mindflash excels in course delivery it has several significant limitations when it comes to user management. Although there is fairly good course-to-student relationship management laid out, the student-to-course relationship is very poor at this point and needs significant work. There is no effective way to manage one student and all of their courses at this time.

I understand that Mindflash is undertaking a significant overhaul of the software to address the user management issues. I have found their development team to be very open to new ideas and very receptive to customer feedback. I anticipate that the user management side of things will be much better in the near feature.

Overall I find this product very useful and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud-based training system.

Steve D.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Mindflash is an great system. It has allowed us to improve our training program.

Reviewed on 18/8/2017

Pros

It is user-friendly. We can easily create training that is geared to our own needs. We can update or correct the training as needed. Our staff find the trainings easy to use.

Dannette F.

Mindflash, a great entry- to mid-level LMS solution.

Reviewed on 9/9/2015

A learning management system (LMS) must address the needs of the ultimate end user, our internal and external customers. The LMS selected must have key features that allow users to be actively involved in their training.

In the search to determine and compare key benefits and features, we identified industry-leading SaaS LMS providers, and participated in live demos and system trials to create our key features list. This list was used to compare the providers and determine our top three on our short list of providers.

Our exclusive goal was finding an easy to use and flexible solution that contained most of the key features on our list. At a minimum, the LMS should have all the necessary on-line course tools for assessment, communication (tracking and reporting) collaboration, and the creation and management of on-line learning courses and program tracks.

We completed a feature list comparison and found that Mindflash is our optimal solution provider. Mindflash met the majority of our feature requirements in side by side comparisons. We're thrilled to partner with Mindflash!

Monique B.

Mindflash has been a gift.

Reviewed on 7/4/2016

Our company grew from 20 to 60 employees in a few years and face to face training sessions became very time consuming for participants and trainers alike. Many of our courses are repeated annually and must cater for new starters and long serving employees alike. By giving staff this online raining option, Mindflash allows everyone to work at their own pace. This also prevents employee frustration at having to attend a course "to make up the hours". As the course coordinator I rate the ease of sending course invitations, automatic quiz marking, and the results and attendance monitoring and reporting as reason alone to invest in this product.

Tyler A.

Excellent Tool!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

Mindflash is incredible. Honestly, we've used other platforms in the past that were good. But, Mindflash takes the cake. Everything from the simplistic user interface, the real time reporting capabilities, the ability to customize and automate certificates for users (saves a ton of manual labor), and the training tool / arranger / compiler...whatever you want to call it - it's incredible. This is an all in one training system that certainly meets our needs and I am confident it will meet yours. Test it using the free trial period - it will put a smile on your face!

Pros

Simple, great options, great reporting.

Cons

Been using for 3 months and just keeps getting better as I learn more.

Tim B.

Great Tool for Current Non-eLearning Users

Reviewed on 17/2/2014

I've been in the learning and development for over 20 years and am now at a new company. This new company, until my arrival did not have an e-learning strategy. With Mindflash we now have a path to deliver just-in-time flexible training for our company. I've worked with high-end multimedia learning development tools in the past and Mindflash offers a new user/trainer a way to build an online cirriculum quickly and easily! It is easy to learn and even easier to use! There are a currently a few limitations - like being able to extract needed content, like existing courses for review and update, extracting trainee list in to a spreadsheet, extracting "missed" questions on a quiz. Also, would love to see the ability to track "attempts" on a quiz. Overall, I think the mindflash application is extremely useful and we have built a great set of online training modules for our internal teams. Thank you Mindflash - keep the updates coming!!

Hesh S.

Hesh Shorey's review

Reviewed on 18/6/2015

I find very few if any cons to using Mindflash, but I do find a lot of pros. Number one is ease of use. I use another LMS systems as well and it has a very convoluted setup and training assignment process. MF is very easy to setup and use , it is also very flexible with what content can be added. We use it for both new hire and client training. The best thing for me in regard to those is that I know if the trainee has started, taken and completed the training along with how they did on the quiz. I would recommend Mindflash to anyone considering using a LMS.

Robert i. D.

Build your online courses fast and easy

Reviewed on 17/11/2011

I use Mindflash to put together online courses for my classes because it really simplifies the process of building the course. It makes it much easier to communicate with my students and to track their results. The application is web-based and extremely easy to use.
I very much like that you can take contents (doesn´t matter if it is Word, PowerPoint, Flash, HTML, PDF,...) to create online courses and add quizzes.

Pros

Easy to use, email template option

Cons

It doesn´t give you the possibility to see a linear process of each course

Sandra M.

Mindflash

Reviewed on 10/12/2013

As a trainer, with little to no experience creating and providing online training, I was overwhelmed as I looked for a way to provide this service to our volunteers. Mindflash was easy to learn and use. I am now creating training classes that are being rated highly by volunteers. Thank you Mindflash for being just what I needed.

Christina G.

Great starter LMS

Reviewed on 30/3/2016

We're using the LMS to train partners in using our software. It's not quite as robust as we'd like, but it is a great value product. It's easy to get started very quickly, and that was essential to this project.

Pros

I like the drag and drop interface. Our account manager has always been very responsive.

Cons

Reporting can be difficult to figure out.

Tim W.

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 10/6/2014

My company trains hundreds of employees per year. The Mindflash system has been reliable and very user friendly. I would recommend.

Timm H.

Changes and updates not conducive to our customer base.

Reviewed on 20/1/2017

Customer service and Sales are not customer focused, unexplained outages, 24/7 monitoring simply not true.

Megan W.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Online Training for Nonprofit Employees and Volunteers

Reviewed on 20/7/2016

Annually Sierra Service Project trains over 200 adult volunteers and 45 young adult staff members through Mindflash. We use Mindflash for two months a year intensively.

Pros

Very easy to upload videos, PDF and Power Point files.

Very easy to rearrange content, add quizzes, surveys and course/series requirements.

Cons

No spell check in quiz sections.

Content can be slow to load for users with not excellent internet connection.

Wish there was a better method for keeping an account instead of deleting and recreating each year without paying a monthly rate. Ability to make account "inactive" but not accessible for in between time.

Jason B.
  • Industry: Insurance

Mindflash LMS

Reviewed on 1/4/2016

Our business relies on a national network of damage appraisers. Remote training is difficult and costly at times, therefore we were needing a way to successfully train close to 1000 people at the same time, spread across the entire U.S. Mindflash has given us the flexibility to train them all without pulling them off the road during the day for live webinars.

Pros

Mindflash helps to keep the training more focused. With the ability to assign training to individuals, or entire regions with a few clicks of a mouse is great. The Mindflash reporting capabilities are very good and easy to use.

Cons

The tiered pricing structure is frustrating at times. We sometimes need to add more users, but we don't need more features. We end up paying for additional features that we never use. If we need to add one more person above our current tier limit, we have to go to a completely new level and price structure rather than just pay to add a user.

Alyssa T.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Intuitive for trainers and essential for trainees

Reviewed on 3/3/2016

Mindflash is a superb tool for companies that need to train a large amount of individuals but aren't able to do so in person. I am just in my first year of using the program as an admin/trainer. I designed the course and distributed it globally. It's very easy to create a course and tailor it to your needs. My team is now able to access and educate hundreds of clients that we were unable to reach before.

Pros

Easy to create, distribute, and track courses/trainees. Anyone can be trained as long as they have an internet connection. The team that works for Mindflash is very easy to reach and extremely helpful when it comes to questions that come up.

Cons

Very few trainees complained about the password strength rules. One trainee was unable to complete a course because she was on an older device, but this is not a huge issue at all.

Tom E.

Whiplash

Reviewed on 31/3/2016

The Mindflash platform has served it's purpose quite well, and for the value, it's superb. Although we have not used Mindflash to create Learning & Training Courses, it's built-in tools will get you up and running quickly.

Pros

Simple to use, with a little background.
Handles the load, lots of courses "up there", lots of uses accessing.

Cons

None, we are happy campers.

Ron H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Mindflash is a Solid but Basic LMS Performer

Reviewed on 17/2/2018

Even with the cons, I’d rate Mindflash a solid performer. You can quickly provide trainees a personalized dashboard. The content and user management interfaces are easy to use. The quiz options beat most of the platforms we’ve looked at. The platform provides basic LMS features at a very reasonable price. We’ve not had any showstoppers and our content library continues to grow. I’d recommend Mindflash as a solid but basic LMS for learners and administrators.

Pros

Before I review this product, it’s important to note that there is a new version of the product available. We’re currently waiting in line to be converted. However, I don’t think many of these items I’m about to mention will change for us. I’ll mention it where it matters.
Mindflash is an easy to use LMS. We brought up a partner training program within a few months. It’s a snap to bring up a trainee dashboard. Just add a little custom text, upload a graphic, and your good to go. The testing features are very good; true/false, multiple choice, multiple correct, label picture areas, label matching, and ordering of steps. The testing features will be even better in the new release. You can easily upload most content types and rearrange the sequence as needed. You can record audio right in the platform. There is reasonable Salesforce integration capability so, invitations and basic reporting can be done right in Salesforce. Administrators can easily flip back and forth between the admin and trainee views. The platform supports courses, series, and catalogs. There is a good set of options when building filters for viewing users or content. You can easily copy and modify course profiles and content. The in-platform reporting in our version of the LMS is abysmal. However, from what I’ve seen in the new version, reporting has some very big improvements.

Cons

Mindflash is best for large enterprises where you can take advantage of higher level subscription plans that have all the features. Since they segment their levels by feature (and not number of seats), we’re missing what I would consider to be basic functionality. We are currently on a legacy plan named Advanced. We can’t modify existing text in invite and reminder emails, we can only add text. We can’t remove the large Mindflash logo from the emails. We can’t customize the certificates for completion of courses and the quality of the existing certificate options is poor. If you need to automate the reminder emails, there is only three interval options, three days, seven days, and fourteen days (you pick one). While it’s easy to launch a trainee dashboard, the layout is not what I’d call a rich UI experience. It’s basic. The mobile options are limited. This is an app for tablets but nothing for phones. You can’t provide a fully public link to a course. The trainee must set up an account to view the content. If you use the public course feature, the system will not synchronize with the Salesforce objects for that trainee. To force the synchronization, you must send an invite to the trainee from Salesforce after they have already started or taken the course, which can cause confusion.

Connie Q.

Mindflash fits our needs for issuing and tracking training within the organization.

Reviewed on 14/7/2017

Pros

Accessible on the cloud on both computer and mobile device.
Easy to set up new users.
Cost effective for small organizations like ours.
Ability to maintain training results and obtain certificates for records for auditing.
Accepts all file types that we use - PDF, PPT, DOC, etc.

Cons

Not the most intuitive the first time around creating a course or inviting new trainees.
Too many email notifications.
Some functions are still very manual, including reporting.

Nathan H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

A Good Training Platform

Reviewed on 16/12/2016

It's all about the videos. Mindflash is a really good way to train your company if you can't have regular in person meetings. It saves a lot of time onboarding employees since you can just have them watch videos you previously recorded.

Pros

The ability to record and store training sessions, and to organize them in a course. It makes it really useful and very good for training purposes.

Cons

You can't delete users, you just have to archive them. The UI is a little messy. You can only have 1 admin.