Trakstar Learn

Online training for agents, contractors, and partners

4.1/5
3.8/5
4.3/5
4.5/5

John
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent Sales and Marketing Tool For B to B Business

Reviewed on 21/7/2016

Using Mindflash for both internal and external training allows my company to provide very good training that is clear, informative and easy in-training navigation. Mindflash allowed us to fill a missing piece to selling and properly training customers that need our support installing our products matching our stringent specifications. Using all of Mindflash's features and benefits has made our training the biggest success when launching a new product. Customer support has been the shining star when there is a question or even when we need introduction to numerous Mindflash administrators. We have domestic and international users so having the customer support, multi-language navigation options was very helpful.

Pros

I like Mindflash's tools that help enhance my existing training content making it more attractive and vibrant. Navigation makes managing my content easy. Report and managing users helps my company stay on top of our trained users. Salesforce integration allows me to introduce tasks and tracking customer activity.

Cons

Salesforce integration, being new to Mindflash, was a challenge. But the programmers response and effort help make the integration work helped us utilize the full benefits of using Salesforce with Mindflash.

Grant
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Mind flash Review as a Tech Trainer for Eastlink Cable systems

Reviewed on 23/6/2016

Great online teaching tool, as a trainer for a company that is responsible for training over 700 technicians. When you consider that my tech's are spread out over the entire country (Canada) that is lot of territory to cover. Our training team is small so geographically speaking Mind flash gives us the tool to quickly send out training in a heartbeat. In addition we the tracking and reporting is great.

Thanks
Grant

Pros

ease of use

Cons

PDF down load of trainee doesn't include all info however excel does

Brittany
  • Industry: Human Resources

Mind Flash

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Pros

I like that this product offers all training modules for new employees and current employees, which has been a huge help and leading success tool in making sure everyone is up to date with trainings and it is self conduct, so it allows staff to get this done in a timely manner and on their time as well. I also like that we have been able to add all training Videos and modules in this product

Cons

Sometimes the searching for a video or module can be frustrating if you dont type in correctly

Matt

Great tool for Operations

Reviewed on 15/7/2019

Its been a pleasure to work with the support staff and the system. But your people make all the difference - 100%.
Representative has been great work with.

Pros

This systems has proven to be easy to use, easy to train on and its simple to get folks up to speed on because of its ease of use.

Cons

It lacks a timer (to time out - not a due date) for assessments (like the NMLS exam, SATs, etc).

Karen
  • Industry: Automotive

Mindflash Feedback 2017

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

I think it is a great software, however, for training I am still looking for some added features: i.e. archived scoring, capturing training that has been completed pre-mindflash into the system etc..

Pros

Competency questions and the answer review.
Trainees can view the correct answers.
The use of different applications such as PP, Excel, Word, video

Cons

I would like archived scoring to show if trainees improved.
Add quizzes for live training and a complete functions.

Matt

Easy to use for both admins and users

Reviewed on 14/2/2017

I've been a user for over a year now, and the ease of use is a huge reason why we purchased the service and also expanded. We started with the idea that we would only use Mindflash for the 25 agents in our call center, however we now use it for our home office of 200 people, and also use it with our corporate office which does training for another 250 people. It's been a great value and I would recommend it to anybody needing an LMS system.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to track and segment, types of questions available.

Cons

Nothing glaring

Derek
  • Industry: Research

Extremely Helpful

Reviewed on 11/7/2019

Pros

I love that the software can house tons of records for my company to login and use for quality compliance.

Cons

Not many cons with the software. The feature I dislike is some of the automatic arrangement features when arranging content, but there ways around.

Stephanie
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy to use training platform

Reviewed on 19/1/2017

We've had much success with enrolling and tracking our trainees that span multiple states and training needs.

Pros

Ease in creating courses and tracking trainee progress

Cons

Would like some additional features like reminders, easier options to upload handouts into courses and some others.

Rob
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reaching out to staff across two continents

Reviewed on 12/7/2019

Mindflash has allowed us to increase our training 'reach', firstly across multiple locations in South Africa and now also into our business interests in the UK as well. We plan to extend this further into mainland Europe in the future. Online training in our industry has been revolutionized by our bespoke learning content.

Pros

The ease of use without the need for specialised software and additional downloads. We can work from existing materials authored in everyday Office software.

Cons

Nothing to dislike. Challenges we initially anticipated have not materialised.

Connie

Mindflash fits our needs for issuing and tracking training within the organization.

Reviewed on 14/7/2017

Pros

Accessible on the cloud on both computer and mobile device.
Easy to set up new users.
Cost effective for small organizations like ours.
Ability to maintain training results and obtain certificates for records for auditing.
Accepts all file types that we use - PDF, PPT, DOC, etc.

Cons

Not the most intuitive the first time around creating a course or inviting new trainees.
Too many email notifications.
Some functions are still very manual, including reporting.

Michelle
  • Industry: Telecommunications

One word - wow!

Reviewed on 18/7/2016

We've been using this for a year to track certification training. Mindflash has helped to make our employees' lives easier because the training is available in one place and can be access anytime, any where they have Internet connectivity and from any device.

Pros

Ease of use for both the trainees, trainers and admins.

Cons

Re-certification is still missing.

Randall

Good and Getting Better

Reviewed on 2/3/2015

Mindflash is a very effective course delivery tool. We use it mainly to train customers how to use our software. It delivers content in an effective manner, and is easy for end users to navigate. Creating a course is very straightforward and many different types of media can be incorporated into the course design. There are quiz and survey creation and delivery tools, which are useful however require more development to make them truly efficient to use.

Although Mindflash excels in course delivery it has several significant limitations when it comes to user management. Although there is fairly good course-to-student relationship management laid out, the student-to-course relationship is very poor at this point and needs significant work. There is no effective way to manage one student and all of their courses at this time.

I understand that Mindflash is undertaking a significant overhaul of the software to address the user management issues. I have found their development team to be very open to new ideas and very receptive to customer feedback. I anticipate that the user management side of things will be much better in the near feature.

Overall I find this product very useful and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud-based training system.

Steve
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Mindflash is an great system. It has allowed us to improve our training program.

Reviewed on 18/8/2017

Pros

It is user-friendly. We can easily create training that is geared to our own needs. We can update or correct the training as needed. Our staff find the trainings easy to use.

Roman

What an excellent solution for training for our staff.

Reviewed on 21/6/2016

We implemented a series of training for our HIV/AIDS case managers, about 130 folks, and have standardized training and are able to track it all so smoothly. All the hiccups we had were user errors and we were able to resolve those quickly.

Pros

Saves tons of money by not having to have so many in person training sessions.
Navigation and set up could not be easier.
Very flexible.
The youtube videos and support are great.

Cons

Takes a while for non tech savvy folks to get the hang of.

Dianne

Love how easy it is to use this product. Love the CSM team. Everyone is so responsive

Reviewed on 1/9/2017

Many. Easy to update and intuitive is most important to me right now. When showcasing the selected tool, others trainers/admin appreciate it's ease-of-use (easier to justify purchase when they see and understand what the program is trying to accomplish). Service is great. If CSM team don't have an answer right away, they will find out for me. They are concerned about my success.

Pros

Easy to update (modular). Intuitive UI. Not a huge learning curve (don't have time for a learning curve). Service is excellent.

Cons

Small things-custom certificates is an add-on. Some screen resolution issues with simulations. Can't save recorded audio when all I need to do is replace the slide.

Felix
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Is easy to learn and intuitive in most of its modules.

Reviewed on 22/5/2018

Pros

The best thing about this LMS is its flexibility to invite participants to enroll in the courses, the user experience is very simple for my liking, the loading of content is very simple, the whole environment is very simple, I have worked with better LMS

Cons

A software developer understands very well how to create reports, but for the end user it is not easy, they are quite simple and not detailed reports, the structure of prices / user plans is not very flexible. It has the basic functions of an LMS but can be improved.

Misha

Keeping things simple

Reviewed on 14/10/2014

I love Mindflash for any department that needs to build quick training programs with few resources. Mindflash is ideal for any company that doesn't have extensive learning and development resources. My instructional designer on my last team didn't like Mindflash because there were a number of things that could not be done using the platform. For me, the pros outweighed the cons. I tend to join companies where my org runs very lean, with a product line that has a weekly release cycle, and heavily relies on subject matter experts. With this tool, all of my SMES can become e-learning authors, I can prevent my materials from being out of date, and at a cost that I feel is very reasonable. There are some bells and whistles that some of the larger tools have that I would love to have, but I'll choose a lean, uncomplicated tool that just works any day over bells & whistles.

Kirk

Just what we needed

Reviewed on 2/7/2013

Mindflash provided the perfect solution for training individuals within our integrated justice system. Before Mindflash, new hires were trained individually. The trainer was typically a person who had done the job in the past and there was very little consistency and direction in the training. Mindflash not only standardized the training but also allows the new hire to proceed through the training at their own pace. Mindflash also provides tool for checking progress of training and provides feedback on knowledge retention through quizes and surveys. Residual training is a snap with Mindflash as well. When a new process is created or an existing process is changed, Mindflash provides a means of documenting and distributing the information to all users in a consistent format.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Mindflash for single-subject courses

Reviewed on 31/3/2016

It's really easy to use and I've set up several courses in it. It's also very useful in tracking course completion and time of course for each employee. Usually I create page designs in another program, and they're easy to plug into Mindflash from there. I'm in the travel business and it involves about 120 employees in all that use training from me.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, good quiz and survey tracking options.

Cons

Not intuitive where to find some specific functions at first glance.

Lisa

Testimonial

Reviewed on 29/7/2014

My company has been a customer of Mindflash for a year and I've been a "super user" of the Mindflash training modules for about 3 months now. I continue to be thoroughly impressed with its overall UI/UX. We rely on the platform to deliver comprehensive, on-demand training of our products to a wide partner audience. We're able to build our training decks in minimal time, and take advantage of the value-add features like quizzes and supporting audio + video in order for our trainees to have a rich, effective experience.
While having the Mindflash modules available to our partners gives us a competitive advantage, we're able to support our partners with easy-to-use, on-demand training which is the most important element of all.

Jesse

Mindflash is a must have for any training department

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

When Dyson decided that it was time to have a Learning Management System I quickly realized that the easiest, quickest, and most convenient way to get started deploying consistent training to our team was and still is Mindflash. Within 15 minutes of my free trial I had a beautiful training module complete with videos, voice over, and a ten question quiz. There have been times when Mindflash didn't meet my needs; but after a short discussion with their engineers they were able to meet the exact need that I requested. I highly recommend Mindflash to anybody I talk to about training and Learning Management Systems.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 31/3/2016

I like the ease of use of Mindflash. It is easy to get started and have training uploaded quickly. It offers the ability to host a lot of training with a user interface that is understandable by trainees.

Pros

Easy to use for trainees, instructional designers, and administrators.

Cons

Depending upon the level of membership, there are features that should be available but aren't. The opportunity to customize reports, certificates, etc. would be a plus. As it is, you are stuck with what they offer without the ability to customize.

Robert I.

Build your online courses fast and easy

Reviewed on 17/11/2011

I use Mindflash to put together online courses for my classes because it really simplifies the process of building the course. It makes it much easier to communicate with my students and to track their results. The application is web-based and extremely easy to use.
I very much like that you can take contents (doesn´t matter if it is Word, PowerPoint, Flash, HTML, PDF,...) to create online courses and add quizzes.

Pros

Easy to use, email template option

Cons

It doesn´t give you the possibility to see a linear process of each course

Matthew

Mindflash

Reviewed on 29/3/2016

Mindflash has helped us develop our new hire orientation program, track assessments and deliver recorded content. It's easy to use and scalable for our needs. Their support team is friendly and prompt but you will rarely need them!

Pros

Fast to learn
Excellent features
Great for Reporting, Quizzes, system demos - you name it!

Cons

No timer on the assessments - no way to set up a "timed test".

Simon

Lovely front end - backoffice like a car crash

Reviewed on 17/6/2013

Use it if you need to. It's not bad - it's just a bit of a square wheel in terms of interface administration and a ball-breaker if you're using Macs.

They are talking about sorting that but then again, they think they've sorted other bits of it already! :)

Pros

Easy to set up the courses themselves.

Cons

Impossible to administrate users without spending so long on it you can't justify the effort!

We're a Mac office, so not having support for Keynote or Mov files is a pain. Files converted to other formats don't upload right.

User support tried hard but in the end were no use...

Also no marketplace, so there's no way users can self-register. (They had this, then took it away after we'd chosen to go with them - very unimpressed.)