Bitdefender GravityZone

Security & risk analytics platform with threat intelligence

4.6/5

Steve B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Very good product

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Our email is very secure so we have been very pleased with the service.

Pros

We primarily use the product to prevent viruses and malware through email. The Email Security does a great job with our Google Workspace

Cons

Some features and hard to setup and requires a good deal of technical knowledge.

Andrés j G.

Good protection, but slow response on software bugs

Reviewed on 21/9/2021

Besides the two major bugs I've encountered, my experience has been good in the 5 years I've been using this software. The Android app is solid and quite fast, and support is attentive.

Pros

Generally speaking, the software is weel designed and with many normal features. It's not pricey and you will be able to use it across multiple Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices.

Cons

When they release a version with a bug, they take forever to fix it. In 2020 a bug on the Mac version made the software freeze and made the Mac slower. There were active threads on the companies' forums, and it took them over 3 months to fix this issue. And in 2021, a bug automatically boots the VPN app on Mac, even though they have the option to turn this off. This bug was reported at least in early February 2021, the company acknowledge the issue and in mid-September 2021 they haven't been able to fix this simple issue.

Also, the VPN app is a paid feature, which would be better to include in the normal subscription package. If not, it would be better to leave this app away of the offering, and instead, make it an optional download.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

Each time I had to renew, the license costs where higher and higher and I felt as if the Windows and Mac app where slower and slower, and each time, making my computers heavy and unresponsive.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

I was not confortable using an antivirus and security system made by a [SENSITIVE CONTENT] company. Plus, Bitdefender had a cheaper price.
Jason Z.

Great product for small business offices.

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

This is a great product at a great price point per agent, that covers all aspects of protection. its neat, and simple, and not over blown and complicated.

Pros

Ease of administration, reporting, strength of product effectiveness, Covers al aspects of security and is fully customizable

Cons

The online web interface is a little cumbersome to navigate in layout. It would also be nice if all the agents could be locally administered from a console on a server or admin PC.

Eli P.

Best Antivirus Program I Have Used and Managed

Reviewed on 14/7/2019

Overall, I am very happy with the product. It continues to perform better than other Antivirus programs that I have used in the past. I have greatly reduced the amount of time spent on virus remediation.

Pros

Since switching to BitDefender, the number of infections reported by my clients has drastically decreased. I am very impressed with how effective the product is. Additionally, I rarely see a performance impact on the systems that are being protected.

Cons

There are some limitations to exclusions that can be a bit frustrating. Some exclusions must be added with the full path, so if a program is in the profile of many different users across multiple computers, if can be hard to manage.

Symantec Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

We were dealing with too frequent crypto-infections on client computers with VIPRE. After switching to BitDefender the amount of infections that we dealt with was greatly reduced.

Reasons for Switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

BitDefender had the best reviews. Peers that used the product liked it. Published test results reported the BitDefender stopped the most infections.
Jason K.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Excellent AV Software

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Our experience is that since switching to their software, we've had minimal infections while reducing crypto virus/ransomware to zero.

Pros

It's detection rate with minimal false positives. The sandbox analyzer is a lifesaver too. Deployment was pretty straightforward as well.

Cons

It's a little resource intensive. We've had numerous complaints about it affecting PC performance from users.

Avast Business Pro Plus

Reasons for Choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

Just a better product. We had numerous issues with viruses and ransomware with Vipre.

Reasons for Switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Just a better overall product and pricing was pretty aggressive too.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Well protected

Reviewed on 25/12/2020

Pros

the GravityZone antivirus solution from bitdefender is currently one of the best solutions on the market. updating to the latest incidents / exploits is very timely and provides reliable virus detection. The suite also brings numerous features (application control, firewall, USB device management, web threat detection, and more). In our experience, the bitdefender solution works quickly and reliably. Furthermore, the very competent support can be mentioned.

Cons

for the work with the management console some training or better a briefing/training on the part of bitdefnder is recommended. the structure and the functionality is not self-explanatory in some places

Mark W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Bitdefender Review

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Overall I'd recommend Bitdefender as an effective antivirus product.

Pros

After using another enterprise grade antivirus program for several years, we had a malware outbreak in our company. Not only did the AV software fail to protect us, it was unable to remove the virus from the infected machines. I downloaded a trial version of Bitdefender GravityZone and quikcly installed it on an infected computer. Within the first full scan it detected and disinfected the computer. I deployed to other infected computers and then throughout our organization. Within 2 days we were completely cleaned. It is very easy to set up and deploy and has a very small footprint.

Cons

The thing I least like about Bitdefender is the reporting. It's somewhat limited on the reporting.

Andrew L.

Worked until it didn't

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Based on the advice of my point of sale software company I installed Bitdefender onto my server to take care of viruses that got past my other antivirus software that I was using. It worked great until suddenly it became incompatible with the POS software. We had a very frustrating couple of months of having the POS computers freeze up. We ultimately figured out that it was the anti-virus software not working with the POS software. We removed Bitdefender and installed other anti-virus software and our problems stopped. I ultimately blame our POS software for not being capable of working with a major anti-virus software and not the other way around.

Pros

I took viruses off of my computer that another anti virus software missed. It did what it said it was going to do.

Cons

It stopped working or wasn't compatible with the POS software that I had on my computers. I believe that it was more of an issue with my POS software company's compatibility than an issue with Bitdefender.

Mike G.

Lightweight AV

Reviewed on 10/6/2019

Overall very happy with this product, especially for the price. Would recommend 9/10.

Pros

Software is easy to deploy, administer, and upgrade. We have tried a few AV's on the market and gravity zone was one of the best ones we could find with a cloud console that did not severely limit the functionality of the product.

Cons

support can be a little slow at times, and the software could afford to be a little more customizable.

Hanae H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

bitdefender GravityZone a powerful antivirus

Reviewed on 8/1/2021

Bitdefender was able to protect me during the writing of my thesis and he continues to do so now, I am satisfied.
I recommend 100% Bitdefender for anyone looking for PC security and ease of handling.

Pros

Bitdefender GravityZone is a real security product:

-It does not significantly slow down your system while performing updates
-The interface is very easy to use
-It detects viruses and gives you options to treat them
-You benefit from a coverage of 3 computers with a single price
-You can access your accounts easily and securely.

Cons

Compared to other anti-virus and anti-software programs that I have tried, it does not seem to have any problems that would hinder its use.
I really don’t know what I like the least about this program.

Jennifer A.

Disappointing Customer Service

Reviewed on 18/1/2020

Great product, poor customer service.

Pros

It protects my machine from all kinds of viruses.

Cons

I was overcharged and when I reached out to customer service they were less than helpful. The charge was on a old, closed account. I could not access it and to prove I had been overcharged I had to contact the bank and go through an entire process which was very frustrating. Customer service at Bitdefender was frustrating to deal with and less than accommodating.

Budget minded security for a small office

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

At the end of the day, BitDefender gets the job done, and I am confident in the job that it is doing to protect a small computer network. If it is your choice for antivirus needs, be prepared to spend some time getting to know the ins and outs of the Gravity Zone dashboard system.

Pros

BitDefender was one the better rated security programs I found when researching a new option of office that I help out with IT needs. And it is very cost effective for small businesses as it had the best pricing to license a smaller number of devices.

Cons

I find the GravityZone dashboard to be a bit cumbersome. You really have to work through it to get the hang of it, which is true of a lot of programs. But the layout and functions for deployment and monitoring systems feels a bit convoluted in execution. I think there are ways that it could be simplified, streamlined, and made for a more user-friendly experience.

Chanika D.

A High-Level Anti-virus

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Gravity Zone is an impressive antivirus that offers high-level protection against computer viruses, spam, email threats, and web threats.

Pros

Gravity Zone enjoys a free trial that new customers find helpful and it’s compatible with Mac, Android, Windows, and iOS. The platform is also easy to use and enjoys 24/7 live support.

Cons

Gravity Zone lacks capabilities for vulnerability scanning, even tracking, and intrusion detection. This might be a concern for most users, especially beginners.

Kelvin L.

Best AV right now

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Pros

Bit defender has proven to be the best among the competitors. Providing high levels of security, great features and customizations. Last but not least this anti virus doesn't require a lot of resources to run therefore not hindering your system.

Cons

The program took some time to install and wasn't the easiest to understand.

Eranga H.

BitDefender GravityZone Review

Reviewed on 13/9/2019

Bit defender gravity zone is must tool to protect from malware.

Pros

Bit defender is one of the powerful viruses guards with efficient system resource usage and frequent definition updates.

Cons

As far as I am concern with this application it is a featureful software. My only concern is that sometimes it is freeze. Rebooting the system usually, fix it.

Terence B.

Peace of mind

Reviewed on 6/3/2018

Pros

Having used free anti virus for years, I was particularly worried by the ransomware scare and began looking for a more reliable malware and data protection solution. My support team recommended Bitdefender and I have been a user for the past 2 years. For what you pay annually for peace of mind, this is an absolute bargain. Bitdefender hides away well in the corner and is not overfully CPU hungry, and also no overly annoying pop-ups that you get with some AVs.

Timothy G.

Great Antivirus

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

I think it's a good solution. If you get a good price for it, I would say go for it and try it for your team.

Pros

Bitdefender software is set it and forget it. Once you have the software installed on your endpoints, it sits in the background and quietly scans the computer and blocks attacks or potential malware. I haven't run into many false-positives and no false-negatives.

Cons

There are some features, such as automatic .exe finding, that would be nice with the software. For now, you have to whitelist all of your executables after installing. This may be fixed later.

Diosibel M.

protection and efficiency

Reviewed on 20/4/2018

Pros

It's a pretty complete antivirus, it offers several products for different devices, it's easy to use and your equipment gives you security; In addition to saving battery resources, it also has an automatic pilot function that makes decisions related to safety.

Cons

the scans can take a while to be done, the rest is an excellent product to keep your computer free of viruses.

Lynn L.

Great free anti-virus program

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Pros

I have tried a few different free anti virous programs and Bitdefender has been the best so far. It is easy to install, does not annoy you with pop up ads, and doesn't have any conflicts with other programs. It also seems to be very "light" on memory usage.

Cons

I havent had any problems so far, so real complaints.

Matt I.

Best in the Business

Reviewed on 28/8/2018

We have it installed on hundreds of endpoints. Works very well.

Pros

Bitdefender is a lightweight antivirus. Rarely does it conflict with other programs.

Cons

Installing can be too sensitive. Does not like to install sometimes when you are replacing another antivirus product.

Amir K.

Very good product

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

Pros

its a very good, smart solution, easy to use and no complicated, no need complex architecture to use and to be secure.

Cons

Need more work on update servers. no more, its an amazing solution and im happy to use it . try it you will see.

Jonatan jose A.

It is an excellent protection for my computer.

Reviewed on 22/5/2018

Pros

Since I used this application I am protected from malware, I have done very well, it is analyzed daily and besides protecting myself I can use the blocking of my applications for more privacy.

Cons

If I am protected I have nothing against it, it is a very complete antivirus that in addition to protecting me from viruses has other excellent functions, such as anti-theft.

Stuart H.

Good value for money

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Pros

Easy to configure online and arrange into different groups

Cons

Some limitations on Mac software compared to Windows

Brandon K.
  • Industry: Machinery

Bitdefender Review

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Pros

Have not had any problems with it. Does its job. Have not ever experienced any annoying pop-ups

Cons

Does not have too many options. You could say that it is a bit too simple. Which could be a good or bad thing

Love this software - Total Security Subscription

Reviewed on 30/4/2019

Pros

I know they call it the total security subscription, it's pretty accurate. This software covers:
- Antivirus, Ransomware, Firewall and anti-spam protection and a few more.
- Webcam access protection (yes, no more stickers on your webcam, you get notified if apps try to access)
- System optimization to remove documents that might be a privacy risk and improve performance.

Cons

- It would be nice if it could detect other VPN installations because I already have a VPN and it prompts me to buy there's anyway.