Bitdefender GravityZone

Security & risk analytics platform with threat intelligence

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.3/5

Zuhairah
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Best digital security for any organization

Reviewed on 9/7/2021

Pros

Bitdefender GravityZone protect all my digital appearance and all my device like my computer and tablet. It has a cloud storage that i can linked on all my device, and create a safe passage if i am transferring files from one device to other.

Cons

It work so well on my computer, but i have found several issues when trying to install it to my tablet. It keep showing error and asking me to contacting the customer support. It has solved since then, but a simple operation like installing a software should be simple enough.

Walter
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

One of the best antivirus, antimalware, products in the market

Reviewed on 12/12/2020

One of the few software products that actually work, and work well in the background without constant interruptions, or requiring constant attention. The scanning of a complete system can be done very quickly and unobtrusively. Warnings appear only when there is an actual potential problem, otherwise the software works very well and very effectively. We just wish that all software programs worked in a similar fashion.

Pros

Very easy to install and use. Non intrusive unless there is an issue. The price is very reasonable and support is always available.

Cons

Compared to other anti-virus and anti-software programs, this one does not appear to have any problems or flaws that would detract from its use.

Demetrios
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used for 1-5 months

Worst experience ever.

Reviewed on 30/1/2019

Overall it was the worst experience with any software company, it was nothing but problems from the people representing this company; needless to say I ended up having to replace my computer because I was locked out of the first one, and the technician never repaired the first one I originally ordered the custom installation for.

Pros

None really; I had a terrible experience that nearly shut my business down.

Cons

I paid for the custom version which was supposed to mold to my system based on the heavy use of my computer for business. Two days later the person who was supposed to perform the custom installation deleted a lot of the standard programs that came with Windows 7 Business, altered the H Key code in the lines for the mouse and keyboard. I was unable to log back in after he remotely shut down my computer. I ended up calling customer support through my smartphone where I accessed the number through the confirmation email they sent me. The lady wasn't understanding what I was telling her, put me on hold for over a half an hour, and had me repeat things over and over and over again. She decided to send out a technician to do a uninstall and reinstall, which she repeated over and over and over again. I had to wait three days for the technician to come out, and told me you only need a new mouse and keyboard, I spent even more money and nothing really was solved. All of this just to replace an already brand new computer:-( The take away from all of this is you should never trust their claims of being the most awarded anti virus software, " buyer beware".

Don
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Best antivirus protection

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

The problem that Bitdefender solves is that I don't worry about intrusions and infections. I still need to keep on my colleagues about email phishing (no package can prevent social engineered attacks) but as far as website and file downloads, I feel secure and protected. Peace of mind is worth the price and more.

Pros

Best rated antivirus and is light on computer resources. Too many of the best known antivirus packages are resource hogs that slow down your system. Bit defender is light weight and still able to provide top-rated protection. It also has a suite of add-ons like VPN, ransomware protection and payment protection. Highly recommended!

Cons

The license covers 3 computers. The process to install it on multiple systems is a bit clunky but not impossible to use.

Mike

Lightweight AV

Reviewed on 10/6/2019

Overall very happy with this product, especially for the price. Would recommend 9/10.

Pros

Software is easy to deploy, administer, and upgrade. We have tried a few AV's on the market and gravity zone was one of the best ones we could find with a cloud console that did not severely limit the functionality of the product.

Cons

support can be a little slow at times, and the software could afford to be a little more customizable.

Steve
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Very good product

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Our email is very secure so we have been very pleased with the service.

Pros

We primarily use the product to prevent viruses and malware through email. The Email Security does a great job with our Google Workspace

Cons

Some features and hard to setup and requires a good deal of technical knowledge.

Dennis
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Management and function a balancing act

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Setup was OK, however they documentation did not help as much as it should. There was too much backend settings to deal with in comparison to other previous AV products used. We switched after one year.

Pros

The web portal is a nice feature, especially for admins who work mostly offsite. Detection was on par with all the major security suites out there.

Cons

The interface was very difficult to navigate through. Deployment of agents was not the easiest and clients always reported that they were missing scans even when powered on 24/7.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

I find Bitdefender very good

Reviewed on 9/9/2022

I don't have to worry about computer and network security.

Pros

I began using this software when my Anti-Virus software provider of many years was forced to change from a previously top-notch product to Bitdefender - I have not been disappointed. I'm no expert in digital security but need good protection and Bitdefender seems to have an excellent record. It is quite easy to use and manage and I've not had any infections or compromised computers - I guess that says something. Support is very quick and professional.

Cons

Nothing I can think of that I don't like.

Harvey

High quality Antivirus and Endpoint Protection

Reviewed on 17/5/2022

Very efficient, low performance impact, provides both signature and heuristic detections, simplified management and central console, easy to deploy en masse.

Pros

Ease of deployment, manageability, centralized console, easily scales to thousands of devices, very robust classic antivirus and signature-based detections, low rate of false positives

Cons

Does not fully protect against 0-day and next-gen threats as comprehensively as a true next-gen EDR product

Richin
  • Industry: Events Services

One of the Best out in the Market

Reviewed on 7/9/2022

Pros

Most affordable application out in market.

Cons

The navigation in some way I feel little complicated to understand.

Mark
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Bitdefender Review

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Overall I'd recommend Bitdefender as an effective antivirus product.

Pros

After using another enterprise grade antivirus program for several years, we had a malware outbreak in our company. Not only did the AV software fail to protect us, it was unable to remove the virus from the infected machines. I downloaded a trial version of Bitdefender GravityZone and quikcly installed it on an infected computer. Within the first full scan it detected and disinfected the computer. I deployed to other infected computers and then throughout our organization. Within 2 days we were completely cleaned. It is very easy to set up and deploy and has a very small footprint.

Cons

The thing I least like about Bitdefender is the reporting. It's somewhat limited on the reporting.

Walt
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best Antimalware Platform I've Used in the last 20 years

Reviewed on 4/8/2022

Bitdefender has been incredible to work with as a vendor.

Bitdefender actually listens to their customers. After submitting a number of detailed bug reports and feature requests, I was actually approached by Product Management for my input and to better understand some of the suggestions I had made.

When we decided to make the migration to their cloud solution, there was no integration with our LogRhythm SIEM. I worked with both vendors to make this happen and it was Bitdefender that finally provided a solution. they actually went through the process of becoming a LogRhythm partner to get access to resources to make this happen. Migration was held up for a significant time waiting on this. Bitdefender did not activate our subscription license until I have them the go ahead after integration was established. I was able to set up the cloud infrastructure before we started paying for it.

Pros

Bitdefender Gravityzone Business is an extremely cost effective and high performance solution that puts the 5 other enterprise endpoint protection products I've managed over the last 20 years to shame.

It is simple to deploy and manage. It requires minimal attention. custom exclusions are rare and those I've had to create have been due to vendor stupidity, like sharing updates in an AWS container. I

n addition to the typical features of most endpoint protection products, it includes features that are found in specialized products that cost more than Bitdefender alone. I've told many an endpoint security vendor, "Sorry, Bitdefender already does that for me. It might not do it as well, but it does the job your software does and more for less than half of what you want to charge me for your one trick pony."

Bitdefender keeps adding security features to the base product without raising the price or drop in performance. It provides amazing network protection without implementing the Firewall. It is the only comprehensive solution I know of that provides true Ransomware Protection, which is behavior based. I have actually seen this in action when migrating data to a niche document management application. Bitdefender saw it encrypting files willy nilly while ingesting them and determined the behavior matched that of a ransomware application and stopped it dead. The application had previously encrypted files that were uploaded to it and it had never triggered before.

Cons

The only time I've run into significant difficulty was migrating from on premise to the cloud. The methods for doing that were not ass clean or simple to implement as I would have liked. The migration patch is not "finished" software and I've determined that systems that were "migrated" have leftover information from the On-Premise configuration that causes random communication issues that are invariably cleared by uninstalling and reinstalling.

• Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Well protected

Reviewed on 25/12/2020

Pros

the GravityZone antivirus solution from bitdefender is currently one of the best solutions on the market. updating to the latest incidents / exploits is very timely and provides reliable virus detection. The suite also brings numerous features (application control, firewall, USB device management, web threat detection, and more). In our experience, the bitdefender solution works quickly and reliably. Furthermore, the very competent support can be mentioned.

Cons

for the work with the management console some training or better a briefing/training on the part of bitdefnder is recommended. the structure and the functionality is not self-explanatory in some places

Margaret

Our IT Developers said we needed to change over to this...

Reviewed on 27/2/2018

Fewer spams and no more virus threats!

Pros

When our IT gurus said we should change our malware/anti-virus software AGAIN, they said this should be the last change, hopefully . They told us that with the sophistication of viruses and malware out there, our current software wasn't adequate enough to keep us protected. They also told us that Bitdefender has one of the highest rankings when it comes to providing the best protection against ransomware and hackers.

From my POV, I can honestly vouch for the fact that the number of junk, spam and unsolicited email have been greatly reduced...and that makes me very happy. I don't have time to read the legit emails let alone take the time to clean out my mailbox...especially the spams!

Cons

Backup services or mobile protection are not included with Bitdefender Internet Security. However, both of these features are available with Bitdefender Total Security at a higher price.

DANIEL
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Solid antivirus for your MSP business

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

Overall, this is a great product that is compatible with everything we throw on it, including Macs. It's fairly easy to deploy, although the automatic removal of old AV doesn't always work.

Pros

Bit Defender is easy to set up and deploy. You can create a couple of baseline policies, then clone them to customize them for other clients. If you change something in the original policy, it updates all of them so it's easy to manage your exceptions client-wide.

It also has great features such as internet blocking by category, blacklist or whitelist, as well as many modules such as an antiransomware "vaccine" which I have not seen anywhere else.

Cons

The hardest part of using this is the reporting. We haven't been able to integrate it with Autotask/Datto, so you need to actually log into the dashboard daily.

Çağrı
  • Industry: Automotive

Great Virus Protection Software With Low Price

Reviewed on 9/3/2020

My overall experience with this program is pretty good.We started to use Bitdefender 2 years ago.I had some suspicous regarding implementation adn protection of crical files.But all is göne.Program offering good performance in protection of your computer from virused and malwares without loosing any performance lost

Pros

I like most regarding Bitdefender is user interace.It is really easy. the software providing detailed report after virüs scan. You are recognizing your system is being protected after you review detail report. The secong thing the softawere is avaialble for MaC OS software. .Customer survice is also great.Once I had problem I drop an -email to them and I got quick reply and problem is soved.

Cons

After first set up the program,scanning may take too much time.This is the only thing disturbs me

Andrew

Worked until it didn't

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Based on the advice of my point of sale software company I installed Bitdefender onto my server to take care of viruses that got past my other antivirus software that I was using. It worked great until suddenly it became incompatible with the POS software. We had a very frustrating couple of months of having the POS computers freeze up. We ultimately figured out that it was the anti-virus software not working with the POS software. We removed Bitdefender and installed other anti-virus software and our problems stopped. I ultimately blame our POS software for not being capable of working with a major anti-virus software and not the other way around.

Pros

I took viruses off of my computer that another anti virus software missed. It did what it said it was going to do.

Cons

It stopped working or wasn't compatible with the POS software that I had on my computers. I believe that it was more of an issue with my POS software company's compatibility than an issue with Bitdefender.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best Security Solution for the Computers

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Overall when you need a reliable solution for your computer Bitdefender come in first place.

Pros

When it comes to security Bitdefender offers good virus protection to your computer. It has built in firewall, web protection, email protection, ransom ware protection and etc. All these services are getting updates daily. So you can keep your trust on BitDefender without any doubt. Its has very nice user interface which can be easily understand.

Cons

Therr isn't much cons to say anyway some times it uses more resources of running the software. However all that is for maintaining the system security.

Armando
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Complete security suite

Reviewed on 23/9/2021

In General I feel safe as an administrator and user. In the event of any attack, I am certain that it will be identified by Bitdefender and blocked.

Pros

With Bitdefender I can manage all the computers on my network and provide the necessary security. Comply with the policies of access to company resources and ensure the information as well as foresee the loss of data. Forense Inspection its a very usefull module.

Cons

Sometimes the maintenance of the equipment is usually tedious, the browser becomes slow and I have to generate custom reports continuously.

Daniel
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good Reviews but Not Wonderful

Reviewed on 29/2/2020

I would not buy Bitdefender GravityZone. While it has a reputation as the best, I find it to be limiting and a little invasive

Pros

My husband swears by Bitdefender and uses it always; he is in IT. It will keep your computer airtight in regards to viruses and spyware -- It creates a very secure computer

Cons

The security is extreme and interferes with my computer use. I am a photographer and when I share the computer with my husband, I have multiple problems with photo transfers and uploads. Bitdefender tries to protect me from myself! At least someone is, I suppose.

The lightest security agent you can find.

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

I have been using this software for years, both personally and in enterprise environments, and it's performance has only improved with time. We have top notch protection against viruses, spam, Trojans, etc. and never have a complaint from any user that has the agent installed in their machines.

Pros

It offers really great security for your computers and network environment. And on top of that, it's extremely light on resource consumption, you will never notice is there and it won't slow you down in the slightest.

Cons

I can honestly not think of a single negative thing to say about it.

Maria

Bitdefender makes me feel confident

Reviewed on 17/2/2020

It's been nothing but sunshine and lollipops with Bitdefender. Truly, it is comforting to know that my devices are protected from hacks, malware and ransom. It's a great product.

Pros

Bitdefender is easy to use, it automatically updates its virus library, has pop up notices when a suspicious event has been deterred.

Cons

There isn't anything I can think of that I dislike about it. Perhaps if it were free?? Just kidding. Of course there is always room for improvement with any product, but Bitdefender is nailing this.

Jorge

Cheap and keeps you virus free

Reviewed on 24/7/2021

Pros

I loved that you can always get a good deal for a one-year subscription to get three computers safe and sound. I like that it is not constantly bugging you with a million reminders and notifications.

Cons

I wish it was more thorough at explaining all of its functions. Once it is installed, it runs well. However, I wish I understood better how the VPN secure or Safepay actually works. The notifications pop-up, but I dont feel safe enabling something right as you are making a payment or joining a network. So, a simple walkthrough would make a big difference

Manix

A good antivirus for a cloud base, it's better than other on that basis.

Reviewed on 5/7/2018

The global monitoring is really interesting, I save a lot of time with the GravityZone.

Pros

I really like the possibility to manage and track all the antivirus of my clients. It shows the infected PC in a second, and I am able to start a scan remotly, get the PDF of the results. So I can show it to the manager after. I really like to have the opportunity to block some website without other softwares or devices.

Cons

The interface of the GravityZone is boring, and sometime a pain to search for a hidden option. They also rename some term in their own.

Akilu
  • Industry: Research

The best antivirus software so far

Reviewed on 17/4/2022

Bitdefender GravityZone is an amazing product that tackles computer security issue to its core roots. As some one would say " it is the breath of fresh air in an otherwise Murky antivirus market"

Pros

Encryption management.
Malware protection
Email protection
Application Blacklists

Cons

Quarantined Emails are tricky to find.
not user friendly for small businesses