VideoPad

Video making and editing software

4.3/5
4.2/5
4.4/5
3.8/5

85 Software options

• Industry: Motion Pictures & Film
  • Used for 6-12 months

A must have for editing any video

Reviewed on 29/7/2019

VideoPad helps in day to day video editing needs. Its quick, extremely easy to learn, yet robust and immensely powerful in what it does. VideoPad is an extremely stable software. It is a must have for those who want to edit their videos without diving deep into technicalities of video editing.

Pros

The best thing about VideoPad is that anybody can edit a video with this software right out of the box. VideoPad is so easy and intuitive to use and the learning curve is almost nil. So if you want to edit video in the blink of an eye, then this is the software. Plus it has several handy tools to edit your video like a pro.

Cons

All though one can edit videos of any sort with this program but VideoPad is not intended for movie making, thus lacks a lot of features that one would expect from a professional film editing software. So if anyone is looking for a software to edit films or movies then this is not the option.

Response from NCH Software

Hello there, thank you for your feedback.

In our efforts to enhance our products, are there any specific features you would like our team to add in future versions?: Kindly share your suggestions directly with our Development Team here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

-NCH Software Team

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

It gets the job done, with lots of bells and whistles

Reviewed on 17/7/2019

Pros

I like how easy it is to export video in different formats from VideoPad. I also like how easy it is to pull clips from larger videos. I use it weekly to pull clips from long-form videos to create more bite-sized content for use on social. It was also very easy to train other users to do the same task.

Cons

The interface is a little basic looking. It reminds me of the old winamp. The features and functionality are huge, but the UI skin looks dated. This doesn't really bother me though, as I don't need shiny distractions when I'm trying to get some basic tasks done!

Missaka G.
  • Industry: Design

VideoPad video edit Review software

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

I am a Sound engineer.mostly i create a flute covers track while my free time .after compose it ,i want create a video for my Flute cover.then i mostly use this software for create my video.i can edit it easily.and export it of specific format.

Pros

Mostly i like this software,It is most user friendly,It can edit our video with basic editing tools easily.It can create photo slideshow, support mostly popular video formats including MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, MPG/MPEG, WMV, etc.and It can edit audios use basic editing tools.(Trim the length, change audio pitch, adjust volume)

Cons

Some time i met export problems and import problems.

Maria F.
  • Industry: Program Development

Very easy to use. You do not need to be a professional

Reviewed on 3/9/2018

Pros

I can easily locate the video scenes in the editions I do and all the effects offered by the editor, all thanks to the good distribution of its graphic board.

Cons

It is a somewhat limited program. If you want to make simple editions, this program is correct.

Jess P.

VideoPad is Excellent Video Editing Software

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

Pros

VideoPad is easy to use and has all the tools you need to get your video ready for the web, or simply ready to view. You can easily add music, take away sound, add sound, add credits, and much more. Drop and drag clips and put them the order you like. Create a video or a rolling storyboard. Create your video in differnt resolutions. Export your video straight from VideoPad to YouTube.

Cons

Importing a video can be tricky depending on the format used. Other than that I have found no issues and am highly satisfied with this software.

Walter G.
  • Industry: Computer Games

USER FRIENDLY

Reviewed on 7/12/2019

great

Pros

Great. Easy to use. Professional results.

Cons

occasionally locks up. you need a good computer for large files.

Mike K.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

My first program used of this type, and it's absolutely amazing

Reviewed on 1/3/2018

big boost for my non-tech savvy ego

Pros

I love the production stuff and people think I spent thousands on having it produced. They have no clue I do our commercials in-house in my kitchen.

Ashlee B.

Great for Beginners and Experienced Editors!

Reviewed on 20/6/2020

I really liked using this software to create and edit various social media videos and adds. It allowed someone like me who doesn't have a whole lot of training in video editing, the opportunity to learn quickly. I have seen some video editing software that is really intimidating but this is not one of them.

Pros

I really love VideoPad because you don't have to take a course to understand how to use it. It is very simple and if all your trying to do is basic editing than it allows for that without you having to navigate all over the place to find out how to do things. It has a lot of other features for people that have more experience like adding special effects and narration. It also has a good selection of audio stock to choose from.

Cons

I think that it definitely looks a little outdated and isn't the most attractive thing.

Kala mallik M.
  • Industry: Farming

awesome experience

Reviewed on 11/7/2021

I would say it a quite user-friendly and worth using it.

Pros

it is very easy to use and I have used it for class presentations, it did well. easy to learn even though a new user can make use of it, no hussles.

Cons

there is nothing but the software performs very slow while editing on my computer. I tried for the second time it did well though.

Luke P.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Easy to use. Excellent Product. Wish the price was less

Reviewed on 8/3/2018

Pros

I liked that this software was so easy to use. I have no experience in video editing, but found it extremely easy to make a video I needed for a presentation. I would highly recommend it

Cons

I do not need this program professionally, so it was not worth it to me to purchase a license. As a result I could only make one video and then it would not let me make another.

Muhammad A.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Editing and making video made very easy

Reviewed on 17/3/2019

we can make video for our social media very easily through it

Pros

The most I liked about VideoPad is that it is very easy to use and user friendly you don't have to be professional to use it a lay man can also use it and produce good video from it.

Cons

It is limited in some features so professionals may not found it up to mark.

Liliana F.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

VideoPad Review

Reviewed on 2/11/2021

Pros

It solved my problem and it was free. I'm very grateful so that's why I'm writing this review.

Cons

Nothing. I didn't use all the functions, but it was useful to me.

Elena T.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Home studio with VideoPad

Reviewed on 4/10/2021

It is a video editor functioning across multiple platforms and used for creating high-quality videos. The software is appropriate for both start-ups and experienced users in the field. It will facilitate you through the entire process- from selecting files to exporting your videos. You might use different formats (.3GP, AVI, WMV), or the most popular one- MP4. You may edit the files on your PC, YouTube channel, Vimeo, or choose another location, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive. Also, you can create DVDs and 3D video files or adapt the clips to a specific phone/tablet.

Pros

The interface is intuitive. All the main tools are at the top of the screen, grouped in 7 tabs with large icons. The starting point is the Media Library, where you drag your files (Video/Audio/Images). You can record a video, audio, narration, voiceover; then add visual or sound effects, soundtracks, texts and subtitles. The Suite tab provides various options (graphic animation, image slide show, file conversion). You might even compose your own music to the video (the Crescendo icon). The most impactful feature is the timeline where video and audio tracks snap together. After dragging the file from the Media Bin, they appear on it automatically, and you can work on them with ease.

Cons

It might require time to explore all the features of the product. Putting it into practice will be easier for users having experience with making videos or prior knowledge in acoustics to process the audios. Otherwise, you can use the Quick Start Guide and Video Tutorials to get familiar with the software functionality. They are free and workable; only the phone support is paid.

Swapnil D.

Cost effective tool to edit, merge, split your videos with ease

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

Very cost effective tool and easy to use for video preparations

Pros

Good feature of sound amplify. If you have recorded some video with low sound volume and want to amplify it then this tool has great feature to do it and it is very useful. I am able to amplify sound of videos with ease. It is easy to add subtitles to video. I am able to define videos targeted with subtitles shown in the video itself instead of SRT file

Cons

limitedsupport for animated videos or videos with special effects. Text to speed conversion is not 100% accurate and there would be errors in text generated from speech

Response from NCH Software

Hello there,

Thank you for your feedback. We offer free video tutorials that will allow you a deeper understanding of our basic features and tools including help with animated films. You can view those tutorials here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#animation

-NCH Software Team

Aaron M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used for 2+ years

Great tool for basic video

Reviewed on 27/5/2021

It is good for what I need it for. From time to time I do a short film for our church or a music video. It is easy for a novice to learn and to use without being overwhelmed by all the features a more robust software may have.

Pros

I like that the software is pretty easy to use and has enough features to make an effective video presentation.

Cons

The software takes a bit of time to be able to see a full preview of the video, at times it feels a little clunky in that department and can get frustrating when you are trying to finish a longer video.

Charles O.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Fit my purposes perfectly. Not too high end or ridiculous learning curve, my 1st video in 10...

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

Pros

I wasn't looking for an extreme high end video production platform with endless hours of instructions for features I'll probably never use. Just wanted something that was basic but high enough quality for youtube and presentations, straightforward, easy and intuitive to use.
VideoPad seems to fit that purpose perfectly. Already have the NCH WavePad and MixPad audio recording & mixing platforms, so was familiar with interface, and wanted to as easily as possible merge my video and audio files together, quick and easy.
Very reasonably priced for what it is. Haven't tried the tech support yet, but haven't had a need to.

Cons

Pros:
Very easy and intuitive interface. Without even reading any instructions, just started right in with an 8 minute long AVI video file, and a WAV audio file. In less than 10 minutes, had this edited together and posted up to YouTube.

Cons:
At the moment, there might be some hidden cons in there, but at least for my basic purposes, have had no troubles yet.

Michael ugo A.

Video Pad

Reviewed on 27/5/2019

The overall view of Video Pad is completely satisfactory, very simple , affordable but delivers high quality audio visual output.

Pros

It is very simple but very effective to use with a high quality HD Audio / Video output. Also, the video and audio channel offers multiple layers, enabling video editor to add different visuals and adjust differs audios. It comes with additional audio wave pad mixer enabling a perfect audio transitions and videos transitions cuts .

Cons

I consider they should work on improving the 3D effects because some of the effects are little outdated.

Response from NCH Software

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your feedback. In our efforts to enhance our products, we thank all of our user's feedback. Kindly suggest any tools or effects you think can enhance our program here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

-NCH Software Team

C peter A.
  • Industry: Music

Has Problems and Poor Support Knowledge

Reviewed on 26/12/2020

Poor, frustrating and not straight forwards as an ex iMovies user.

Pros

That it would load onto Windows 10 and be used without problems

Cons

It might be ok for simple video but with loading a video, removing the sound and adding voice over together with jpeg inserts the program becomes buggy and has a will of its own. Wondershare was useless for loading to my Win10 - I was hopeful with this program but it is buggy. My 6 minute video took a week to make - no help from support with preview windows, they didn't say about hidden options. So my 6 minute video ended up with a burn video of 2.5 hours of which most of it was black screen. This was reduced down to 1.5 hours when I found that the program had moved sound and image file 1 hour further on! I reported this and their Bug Support sent details for upload but using their information that didn't work to allow me to send the BUGGY file - tried to reply but its one of those don't-reply. Not helpful

VideoStudio

Reasons for Choosing VideoPad

iMovies was being corrupted due to lack of Apple support

Reasons for Switching to VideoPad

Because it would run on Win 10
Ben A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Perfect easy to use software

Reviewed on 28/2/2019

Great, I needed something to be able to finish off editing a video and this was the perfect option. Likely to buy premuim version

Pros

Being completely free its the perfect option to be able to do video editing, paid versions with watermarks immediately push people away from the software however videopad does not have that problem

Cons

UI may seem a bit outdated to some so could do with some redesigning however it has all the functionality you need

Response from NCH Software

Hello Ben,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your feedback, If you would like you can suggest any tools or effects that might make our UI better. Kindly suggest your ideas here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

-NHC Software Team

George stuart A.

Video manipyoulation

Reviewed on 19/8/2020

Fantastic Software which will allow you to generate video and associated audio, whether that be narration or music. Transition effects between clips, subtitle, captioning. It is a very capable software. Try the free trial and more than likley you will pick up the full version

Pros

Relatively easy to get into and use without referring to much to the online guide. Very intuitive software. allows easy manipulation of video and sound

Cons

Because of all the features the main work screen can seem a little daunting at first. But dont let that put you off. Refer to the online manual and you will be able to achieve very professional results

Rogger R.
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Used for 2+ years

My first video editor

Reviewed on 27/2/2021

This software helped me develop an image-based video of agroindustrial products that I used in a research at the university and in a few months I will publish a scientific article about this.

Pros

I like this video editor because it is very easy to use for beginners like me and there are many tutorials online to learn how to edit in this software

Cons

I think they should add some additional editing tools to make the videos look more professional also the obtainde videos should be less heavy.

Yanelly A.

VideoPad is a software to edit videos for those users who are new to the subject.

Reviewed on 24/3/2018

Pros

The world of video editing is not an easy subject to manage, so it is necessary to have software that not only allows a great job, but also is easy to use and adapts to the little experience of the beginners. in this matter, allowing us to explore more about the edition of videos and be able to evolve and then manipulate more complex programs, that is the great advantage of VideoPad.

Cons

VideoPad offers good alternatives for editing videos because it has several tools that facilitate work, thus achieving a great job. However, for those who are looking for an even more professional editing job, VideoPad may fall short, despite this, I recommend 100%, particularly it has worked brilliantly and I have achieved great results.

Elliot osazuwa U.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Videopad solved my subtitling Problem

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Subtitling a video has become a thing of joy to me as a video editor because of this software

Pros

With NCH Video Pad adding subtitles to your Videos is very easy and can be done in such a little time and it is very easy to understand, unlike other video editing software. Also Video pads ability to recover unsaved projects is also spot on

Cons

What I have noticed about this videopad video editor is that the video effects and transitions are really poor and need to be improved on

• Industry: Philanthropy
  • Used for 6-12 months

Simple tool for editing videos

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

VideoPad lets me make fast and quick edits and get my videos where they need to be. Without VideoPad, editing would probably be way more expensive and with tools I don't need.

Pros

If you have very basic edits to make to videos, this software is perfect. If you are a high volume editor. I would highly recommend it.

Cons

If you have very advanced needs, maybe consider a more robust program. If you need quick tweaks or regular editing, you'll be good.

Mark N.

Great for small edits

Reviewed on 9/7/2020

Simple, effective solution for small edit jobs

Pros

I use mainly Final Cut Pro for most of my larger project, but when you need something simple and quick, VideoPad is my "go to" editor. It's simple interface makes it easy for someone maybe new to video editing, and for more professionals, its easy to put together something quick if your not looking for advanced features.

Cons

The obvious is the features. Not a full scale video editor, so you don't want to be editing a full feature film or project with this. Render speed is very slow, and takes quite a long time to upload your finished project.

Response from NCH Software

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are constantly trying to improve our products, and your feedback is very important to us. I will pass them along to our developer. We do try to keep our software easy-to-use for everyone while providing all important functionality. You can also contact our Support Team by using the Help Menu on the main interface on your software. This menu is found on the upper right-hand corner of your screen. There you will find FAQ's, video tutorials and a link to our Support Team. Thanks -NCH Software Team