AVS Video Editor Reviews

Muddassar
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

The best and Amazing Video Editor

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

My overall experience with AVS Video editor is really amazing, I always edit and save video from AVS Video editor in different formats according to my business and individual requirements.

Pros

AVS Video Editor offers so many incredible features including trim, merge, rotate, mix videos, and more than three hundred innovative effects and transitions. You can easily create a project, and the dashboard is really easy to understand and use.

Cons

The features of this video editor are awesome and anyone can learn and use this software without any issues. You will never feel any cons or any negative point in this software.

Teddy
  • Industry: Entertainment

A first users look at AVS Video Editor

Reviewed on 7/4/2022

I would say excellent! From start to finish with our first project, it was quick, easy and clean to build the videos exactly the way we wanted them.

Pros

Ease of use and understand UI! From the get go we could jump right in and start using the software. The ease of use and intuitive nature of the UI allowed us to create right away. We also loved the mouse over tool tips! They help orient us on the features and functions of the UI!

Cons

I wish we could resize the play back window when on another monitor.

Adobe Learning Manager and Movavi Video Editor Plus

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

It had a great UI layout, had all the features we were looking for, and had a straight forward install that allowed us to set up and start using in minutes
Brian

AVS is a Licensing RIPOFF

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

AVS4YOU company has a terrible purchase agreement to their software. Do not buy their program unless you do not mind that the license activation is only good on ONE computer and a ONE time activation. So, if you reinstall Windows or buy a new computer, you have to RE-PURCHASE their software again. Their programs aren't really all that great and only used for certain situations. I paid about $140 for 3 licenses that I can not even use now, so be sure you know what you are buying and if it is worth it as a 1 time shot... AVS in my opinion, is not worth the money because of needing to re-purchase it every time is just ridiculous. 😠 -- This post I also publicly posted on Facebook.

Pros

Having a program that has many different focuses one 1 particular tool worked well.

Cons

Each program was "OK", didn't have every bell and whistle but it can be used for what it is.

HOWEVER, the biggest CON is their licensing system! You can only activate this program on ONE computer ONE time! If you need to format your computer and reinstall, ITS GONE! MONEY LOST!

There is NO OPTION to reset your license on your account for when you cannot activate it due to too many installs.

Mike
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

The Great Value of AVS4U

Reviewed on 24/3/2022

Pros

The ability to change formas like MPG 4 to AVi and many other combinations

Cons

I find the DVD burning to be a little difficult, but still a great program

CeeCee
  • Industry: Government Administration

The best overall video editor for the cost

Reviewed on 7/4/2022

I not only love the video editor, but all the other products go hand in hand. I use the audio and image editor with the video editor to prepare YouTube videos, professional and personal presentations.

Pros

It's easy to use, affordable and perfect for editing videos for personal or professional use

Cons

Some of the features required online tutorials, but once viewed it was simple

Randy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

AVS stands up to all the others

Reviewed on 18/11/2023

AVS has helped me remove beeping sounds from alot of my videos that i recorded using a screen recording software. It played an audible beep when the program started recording and AVS removed the beeps by allowing me to cut out that half a second part of the video.

Pros

AVS is just as good as most of the other mid tier editing programs. There are many useful features and dragging and dropping files into the editor makes it that much easier to get started. I liked that it didn't just ask you to do something and then expected you to know what to do next. It guides you along the way and does a decent job editing.

Cons

Presently they are offering access to 5AVS4 you programs for $49 for the year. I think if you just wanted the video editor, then $49 for the year is a bit steep.

Tom
Tom
  • Industry: Chemicals

Would like response from customer service

Reviewed on 24/3/2022

Unfortunately I encountered problems this week and reached out to customer service on the AVS Support Page. I have received no response from at all, now going on about 24 hours. I had an important meeting with prominent insurance and finance industry professionals on Monday and I want to get a good recording to them ASAP. It would be great if somebody would contact me so I can get the editor working again.

Pros

I have used the AVS Video Editor many times over the past 2+ years. I am happy with the product as I am able to edit out opening/closing bits from virtual recordings, and internal bits. That is the primary reason I use the product.

Cons

When I use the multi-trim to edit out internal bits, if the bit is of a very short duration it is quite difficult to visually see the timestamp bar. I typically have to use a screen magnifier to do it.

Soumya
Soumya
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Easy to use, inexpensive solution

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

Overall, AVS Video Editor does the basic job of video editing. While there are other products that offer a lot of additional functionality, those are expensive to buy, and also there is a learning curve for a user.

Pros

I purchased the entire suite of AVS4You products over ten years ago. Since then I have used different components of the suite, but mostly the video and audio converters and editor tools. I find the video editing tool easy to use and implement. For what I paid it is a good value for money.

Cons

The video editing capabilities are fairly basic. For example, the ability to provide titles and captions and use custom graphic templates is limited to preset templates that are available. The sound editing capabilities are fairly limited compared to other leading products.

James
James
  • Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

AVS is good Value for the money

Reviewed on 7/4/2022

Pros

This software is easy to use, especially for those who are not technically sophisticated (like myself)

Cons

Sometimes in editing, the picture freezes while the audio continues but when I render it , it comes out fine

My review AVS Video Editor

Reviewed on 29/6/2023

Best video editing software program for you will depend on your individual needs and budget.

Pros

1. Supports a variety of video formats, including MP4, AVI, and WMV.2. Easy to use.3. Free trial version.

Cons

2. Can be unstable at times, and it has been known to crash.2. Some features are only available in the paid version.

Robert
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Very Powerful Editor

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

I like the editor because it allows me to crop and resize while keeping the aspect ratio, it does not add additional artifact to the output file and using it with AVS Video converter make it a seamless transition

Pros

Easy to use, and fast on rendering (if you have a good cpu)

Cons

The features are good but lack support for 3rd party hardware. What I mean I have the Nvidia 1050 TI which has cuda and hardware acceleration built in but currently this version does not take advantage of this, or it just does not work on my current installation.

Secondly it does not fully support DVD compliant output, as it is more leaning toward MP4 and H.264/265, because most of the things I do are in broadcast format MPEG-2, If I edit in this software I can only export to MP4 or h.264/265 and then use another program to convert to MPEG-2 which adds more time to my project and the quality suffers because I and using multiple compressions

Pauline
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy to use, great results

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

I used it for several years to process the video recordings from a church service and create DVDs for use in nursing homes (so shut-ins could see the service), editing as necessary to keep the total time within one hour. Now I use it for a Toastmasters club, to extract speeches and evaluations from the video recording, and make them available for people (on YouTube, with link from our club website) to see what we do in our meetings or for members to see their own performance to as to improve.

Pros

I have no background in doing any kind of video editing, but it is easy, using this software, for me to extract the clips I want from a file, edit out a short segment where needed, and create a file that can be either burned to a DVD or uploaded on YouTube. I also like not having to keep paying for a new license when a new release comes out, just download and install.

Cons

I find it difficult to figure out what features are available that I don't typically use. For instance, I wanted to try to improve the sound quality when the meeting took place in a very echo-y room. I finally figured out that the online help referred to a newer version of the software, and downloaded and installed that, but still had trouble figuring it out. The sound quality is still not what we would like, but considering the low cost of the software, and it does as well as it does, I can't really complain.

Jasmine
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Straightforward

Reviewed on 8/4/2022

Pros

I love that it’s simple and straight to the point. I upload my videos and able to merge clips, add time stamps, and save in multiple formats. It’s great for what I need it for.

Cons

I dislike that I have to individually add the Timestamp track to each clip. If it was more like crosstrax where it automatically syncs the time and I can edit the time afterwards I would give this 100%

Alan
  • Industry: Photography

Best Bang for your Buck!

Reviewed on 22/9/2022

Pros

Makes converting formats a breeze, I can't say enough positive things about AVS

Cons

I haven't found a con, I really like this product

Meena

Save button option

Reviewed on 18/11/2021

Pros

Easy to use. reliable. Editing, which I use the most, is very easy. After producing the file to m4v file is always of very good quality.

Cons

Couldn't find an easy option to save the work periodically. Currently, to save, we have to go to file->save as, or use ctl+s. both of which are clunky options. If there is a button somewhere like on the left hand side of "split at current position" or something like that where it is easy to find and easy to save, that would make our lives a whole lot better.

Raj
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

One stop shop for inexpensive video capture and editing

Reviewed on 7/4/2022

An absolutely fantastic piece of software which is priced well, and which allows the user to produce professional-looking and results which can then be shared on multiple medium, physically and online.

Pros

It was a combination of the price and the features that made me selected product. I look to the online reviews and decided to take the plunge. Never looked back since and I've realised I struggled for years without it. The only thing you must be in mind is that once installed on a piece of hardware you cannot move the software to another device without paying for another licence. Not the end of the world with something that should be considered. In terms of the options available they are fast and the speed of conversion is is absolutely acceptable. I am using a high powered machine and a find that only on a single occasion has it crashed and meant I need to redo do the editing again. There are lots of online videos to show you some tips and tricks however the interface is very straightforward and intuitive and I was able to figure most things out for myself.

Cons

The only single con I can think of is the inability to transfer to another piece of hardware incase a hard drive was to crash. However the price point of this piece of software it's hardly the end of the world and I am more than happy to pay again for its functionality and ease of use.

David
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Fantastic editing software

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

I'm working on video to piece them together, remove things and process them into new video files. I even use it to convert files from time to time.

Pros

I use this software daily. It's pretty easy to use, works great, and does almost everything I need. I even love the pan and zoom feature! So many great things about this program.

Cons

I would love to add subtitles via the subtitle file and be able to separate the audio and video.

tony
  • Industry: Photography

avs is a little sluggish

Reviewed on 24/3/2022

with a little of patience, it is pretty decent.

with a little of patience, it is pretty decent.

Pros

the general platform is pretty good. The suite offers multiple options instead of just video editing.

Cons

it is very slow in updating when you make changes, when you add transitions, and not as user friendly when fading in and fading out music (sound)

Adobe Premiere Pro

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

I was already familiar with its use.
Sharon
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

AVS Video Is Easy to Use

Reviewed on 24/3/2022

I am very happy with AVS video editor. I needed an editor that was easy to use but offered plenty of features for the type of video editing work I do for our health care organization. Your economically priced product lead me to trying on AVS and I'm very happy that I did.

Pros

I find video editing with AVS to be very easy and intuitive. This is very important to me as my department is understaffed and I have little time for learning overly complicated video editors. When I've had questions about how to do something, I've been able to find helpful online resources and have received excellent customer service by your team.

Cons

I wish that AVS video editor had more ability to personalize various defaults so that it works better for me. For instance, I frequently need to add slides from PowerPoint presentations into the videos I edit. (We record many online health seminars for our patients). When adding these to the video I always have to resize them to fill the screen--this can be very time consuming. There should be a way to set the default to full screen so I don't have to resize every image.

Paul
  • Industry: Automotive

Best product for the money

Reviewed on 7/4/2022

Very good for untrained users and filled with the most needed features.

Very good for untrained users and filled with the most needed features.

Pros

Fairly easy to use, covers almost all the features of higher priced products.

Cons

Sometimes looses clips and videos, there are features inside the software that I can not find.

Adobe Lightroom

Price
Lucas

What I like about this app

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

It's a great software and it edit videos in a quality format.

It's a great software and it edit videos in a quality format.

Pros

I like this software because it helps me to create promotional videos for my business and post them on my social media pages to attract consumers.

Cons

This app have few editing options and it only enable me to use same editing now and again which it shows no innovation.

Keef
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

In use daily on my Motorhome Travels website and my wife's dresses business

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

Creating good professional quality videos to embed on business websites is a MUST these days and AVS does it perfectly

Pros

Ease of use, variety of output formats and functionality

Cons

Sometimes overwriting audio element is a bit flaky

Mark

Video review

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

Good value

Good value

Pros

DRM not overly burdensome. Good value. Multiple formats supported.

Cons

Install, speed, intuitive ui and context help with wizards can be improved.

Steven

Wonderful, Powerful, Cost-Effective

Reviewed on 9/12/2021

I have used AVS since shortly after it was released. I have purchased licenses for every computer I've used it on because it's just a handy tool to have!

Pros

I love the diverse options to build simple videos coupled with the robust features to build complex projects.

Cons

The video manipulation tools are a little lacking. Such as, clear and easy speed controls. Frame creation and blurring when a video is slowed down. Also, the editing timeline is a little finicky when making cuts and shifts. You have to lock all other tracks you aren't manipulating or the cuts/edits will happen across all tracks.

Mitch
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Smooth and Simple

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Pros

Possibly one of my favorite features is the "trajectory" settings that allow you to quickly animate overlays. The whole overlay editing section is definitely a plus. Easy to navigate and quite robust. It is a feature that makes it stand out. Another great aspect is the integrated screen capture tool. This works great and is quite robust.

Cons

Maybe my biggest con would be that you can not easily import masks for overlays from inside the app. Not a lot of cons really. While the UI is well laid out and easy to navigate and while it is cleanly designed it still feels a little dated and could use a refresh to feel more modern. That said, the interface works great and is fairly intuitive for newcomers. Chroma Key is possible but a bit rough (needs shadows etc) and hidden in the overlay settings though well documented in the user guide. All my "cons" are just the desire for more features, but then I would just need to get something fancier and that's not really what AVS Video is all about.