OBS Studio

• Industry: Warehousing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

OBS software Reviews

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

I use OBS to do my live stream on my sports channel and it has made my work easier. The OBS Studio has some benefits, the quality of video being recorded are high and has multi-stream capability thus making my work easier.

Pros

The artwork in OBS is on another level, and what made me attracted to this software is the greenscreen tool its fantastic it enables you to change your background in an amazing way especially when you are live streaming.

Cons

One of the features that normally make me bored is the feature of multi-streams whereby it requires a quality graphic interface card and it's not that easy especially when doing doubles streams.

Charles boampong K.

Best screen recorder and video editing software

Reviewed on 27/3/2022

As an open-source software that offers an extremely high screen recording and video recording for professional work, I will recommend OBS for everyone, especially new YouTubers, Facebook content managers, and other digital marketers.

Pros

It has a great configuration and advanced tools for video streaming, recording, and editing.

Cons

It can be a little complicated as a first-time user, but you soon discover that it's easy to use.

Albacross

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

I found it easier and much more convenient to use OBS.

Streamyard

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

A friend recommended OBS to me.
Karel M.

My Experience with OBS Studio

Reviewed on 1/6/2022

I would highly recommend OBS Studio to anyone needing streaming/recording software. I'd argue that it's the best software to use currently.

Pros

Firstly, it's free software so you don't have to worry about paying for the software or certain features on OBS.
In my experience, this is the best software to use for streaming and recording.

Cons

Sometimes I can get problems with OBS just giving me errors or not updating properly.

Mando C.

Amazing tool

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

Its helping me a lot to control my camera crew (phone camera) to capture for instance church service while I take control in real time to edit and manipulate live views.

Pros

The product is not so easy to use first time but once you get the hang of it, its amazing.
I have not used all the features yet. I mainly use it to connect my desktop pc to phone camera via DroidCam using OBS and the results are amazing in as far as performance is concerned

Cons

Its not user friendly, and for beginners and below average computer users, it can be a pain, as I realised when trying to teach my friends how to use it.

SlideDog

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

I thought the features and use was more to my test.
Eduardo O.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The Best of the only best Screen Recorder #1

Reviewed on 21/5/2022

I am solving the biggest problem which is finding a screen recorder. One benefit that I realized is that this software is free of cost

Pros

This software is the best
-1, This software is free of cost.
-2, The best screen recorder.
-3, easiest exporter to like YouTube etc.
Just the best overall.

Cons

Its a bit hard to learn and get around.

Loucas A.
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Live streaming and video recording easy and free!

Reviewed on 6/5/2022

Perfect! I love it!

Pros

I first used OBS Studio when we had the first lockdown for covid. I used it for live streaming my music so i can keep my communication with the fans. It is the best by far! You can download it free and give it a try! I recommend it 100%.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say, it is the best by far!

Aman K.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best screen recording tool

Reviewed on 31/5/2022

Overall I'm satisfied with the software and its functionalities and tools available.

Pros

I've been using OBS for a long time and I must admit it's one of the best tool for screen recording and super easy to use with its hotkeys available. Changing hotkeys as per your requirement is really helpful function to have.

Cons

Not much to dislike but faced some issues with audio quality in the software which required some debugging.

Aniket P.
  • Industry: Research

The best screen-casting software out there!

Reviewed on 19/5/2021

OBS Studio has helped me record a lot of my lectures (for the students) very easy! I could record off my camera, screen, windows and the filters help enhance the quality or crop off sections off the recording. This makes my post-recording work almost none! The best part is that its open source and hence, FREE! There is an excellent community that maintain this software and I am nonetheless amazed of what all it has to offer.

Pros

The features OBS Studio offers are immense. There are a truck load of features, from recording screens/windows to streaming/broadcasting to adding filters! OBS Studio is efficiently optimized to do its work and doesn't add much to the system load! It is available for all major distributions, like Windows, Mac, Linux and supports all of them flawlessly!

Cons

You'll need a manual before starting out with OBS. Although, once you start, it gets pretty intuitive and it gets better by the minute. It would take some time to get accustomed to the UI, but it is a really powerful software, that can literally do anything!

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Bring remote teaching to the next level

Reviewed on 17/3/2021

By using OBS forums and some Youtube videos I got started in a few days and could manage my online lessons by myself, giving them a more professional and effective touch. I then learned how to bring outside speakers and computers into the show, and the possibilities were amazing.

Pros

OBS Studio is a free video editing software with lots of helful functions for live sessions. You can set up multiple shots (close-ups, half-length, etc.) and bring multiple elements into your scene (e.g., another computer screen to use as background, an external camera, even a co-host that is broadcasting via his/her cell-phone and that you can put next to you on the same screen!). Features are almost endless, but you have to learn about them via the product's forums and install them as separate addons. The whole thing can be connected to Zoom, Teams, Skype etc (OBS may start a "virtual camera" that you can choose as a video source within each of those softwares). You can use captions, filters, etc... and switch shot by just pressing a shortcut key (e.g.: F1 is the close-up, F2 is the external co-host, F3 is the Powerpoint presentation, etc.). It brings new life to your remote teaching, providing effective solutions and keeping students involved and entertained. Although it may take a while to learn, i found it an excellent investment.

Cons

Like many video-editing programs, it is CPU- and memory-hungry and eats up a lot a PC resources. Accordingly, it may freeze or crash if your PC is not strong enough to cope with the load. The fact that it is open and community-developed does not help. There are commercial alternatives that are more streamlined but less flexibles (and expensive), and you may decide to turn to them at a later stage.

German liber L.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

OBS, the king of streaming (on budget) studios

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

It was a slow learning curve and at first really confused me, but OBS Studio was the best solution for my project. While looking at the stream I really thought it looked professional, and I was very satisfied.

Pros

I started using OBS while doing a film series in my city, the project was open to the public, but the pandemic forced me to turn the thing into an online project. I used a lot of streaming software at first, skipping OBS for no reason, but when I tried the software I was in awe. The whole package its free to use, while limited sometimes, if you learn how to set it up (Wiki and guides are really useful on the official website), you're good to go. I like to think about OBS as a solution for basic or minimalistic projects. On audio, you can set different audio tracks, separate them and record them. About video, the settings for streaming are useful if your internet connection it's not too good or if your PC/laptop it's not the most powerful out there. The software was using a lot of ram on my laptop at first, but after tweaking the settings a bit, it became really lightweight. You can add a capture device, you can capture your own desktop, a window, you can even add GIFs, images and videos and resize them or drag them through the screen. And yes, you can record on .H264, and that's one of the best things about it. Rookie streamer, if you're reading this and want to take a challenge, download and install OBS right now, it's the best solution for your project if you're on a tight budget.

Cons

As said, sometimes it lags the computer a bit if you didn't set up the whole thing correctly.
The instructions guide it's really extensive and things are kind of hard to understand if you're a novice (YouTube tutorials can help you a lot on this).

XSplit Broadcaster and vMix

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

OBS it's free and open source, and I chose it because I had zero money on the project.
Roya R.
  • Used for 2+ years

The Recorder and Broadcaster's Homeland: OBS Studio, the Free Resource

Reviewed on 19/8/2020

OBS Studio is the successor to the original Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) application, delivering a lot of serious Quality of Life benefits to the software and allowing for a more Professional Grade look while also not having nearly as many problems as the original OBS suffered from; while OBS Studio suffered in its earlier years because many of those who adopted to this from the original OBS were on noticeable lower end hardware (such as myself), the performance handicaps that it suffered from have only dissipated over time as computer hardware evolved and allowed for more accessibility; now plentiful games, applications, and videos that were attempted to be recorded and/or aired using the software five years ago are noticeably easier to run now and that is essential towards the future of its life going forward.
In 2016, I personally used OBS Studio to get back into Live Broadcasting, with me even recording the first and only North American commentary of Star Cruiser (Sharp X68000) on the application in July of 2019, and with the improvements that have come as it evolved, I can easily recommend OBS Studio to anybody getting into any form of Yellow Collar work; it may require some messing around with the settings to optimize certain projects, but the end result will always pay off far better than anticipated, it's not often that one finds free resources such as this and OBS Studio will forever remain on your person if you need to record or go on the air without a hitch.

Pros

~ Virtually Lossless recording quality when capturing footage locally in any available framerate and resolution provided by the software.
~ Plentiful visual effects and the ability to layer multiple images and clips allows for a Broadcast Quality and Professional Grade template and appeal for any project or Live airing.
~ Customization of User Interface themes allows for proper Eye Care when in Dark Mode.
~ Users of the software who are running an Intel CPU that has QuickSync will see a reduced load on their Graphics Card by about 05% to help improve performance and stability in GPU~intensive workloads.

Cons

~ RAM consumption is high and not meant for modern systems with 016 GB or less without the proper CPU and Graphics Card combo.
~ Users who have a CPU and Graphics Card with a low core/thread/pipeline count, frequency, and VRAM can expect noticeable framerate dips and massive performance instabilities, especially when using hardware that is running on older architectures.
~ Footage may occasionally get inexplicably cropped Horizontally when imported into Vegas Pro and other video editing software for Post~Production.
~ Not fully compatible with all forms of Video Capture devices, Webcams, and Professional Grade Cameras (though there are workarounds for some forms of hardware).

Kai L.
  • Industry: Animation

An argument for open source software

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

OBS is the best option for streaming I have used. Any time a website uses its own propriatary streaming software, or an integrated browser extension, I seek out a way to use my favorite settings on obs. Although it is not perfect, most of the issues I've had do have workarounds, mostly on the OBS forums.
Overall, I would enjoy easier integration of twitch alerts, and custom animations, but it is still my platform of choice.

Pros

OBS has the widest support for plugins, features and formats to source into a single scene. Coupled with it's grouping feature, it is simple to create scenes that are professional, and high quality. It is also compatible with most any streaming platform, with customizable features, and profile management making the jump between platforms straightforward and easy. Not to mention the integration with the elgato stream deck is amazing, and has allowed me to use OBS in ways it was not originally intended (cue'd premade video assets for a live show)

Cons

Sometimes the software has issues, many of which are resolved by restarting the software, but in particular, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to fully eliminate the CPU overload error. I was having problems with it until a recent re configuring of my desktop PC, but during the issue, I had to rely almost completely on console games captured through the elgato capture card, rather than force modern games to share cpu/gpu with OBS. As mentioned, this has since been mostly resolved, but optimising the program/changing the settings as per the recommended fixes was not as effective as simply altering the host computer.
On occasion, a scene I have recently built will become inaccessible and crash obs, leaving me to recreate it under a new name.

Casey W.
  • Industry: Media Production

Best streaming software on the market

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

At the time I switched over to OBS, I was using the now defunct "Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder" (a mouthful). OBS was a massive improvement over existing streaming applications for a multitude of reasons.

FMLE was showing it's age (and lack of support). XSplit was a heavyweight when it came to hardware requirements. And other software on the market was obscure and occupied the same space as XSplit.. only XSplit did it better.

And then came OBS. Free, lightweight, open source. It was fantastic. I've never used another streaming app since.

Pros

Well for one, obviously the price tag- can't go wrong with free. But not only is it free, it's lightweight and simple. I've taught many people how to stream using OBS.

Cons

The interface can be a bit of a pain to use. It's a little too simple in my opinion. Some more functionality baked into the main UI could go a long way. This is mostly solved with the "Streamlabs OBS" version, which is built on top of OBS.

Honestly it's been a while since I had to use the profile functionality, but admittedly it was a bit lacking when I did have to use it.

Giovanna D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reliable tool for recording and streaming!

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

I have used OBS to successfully stream video gameplay with minimal to no latency or problems. I have also used OBS to record tutorials on how to use different software for work-related projects. Overall, it provided me with exactly what I was looking for.

Pros

I downloaded OBS some years back when streaming was starting to kick off. I considered a handful of different streaming programs, but I keep coming back to this one. OBS works great because it is lightweight and powerful. It doesn't take up a lot of memory space, doesn't create lag or latency and the screen recording delay is minimal. If you are playing a game and streaming, it doesn't slow your FPS (frames per second) rate, and it works great with any decent computer set up out there. If you can run any of the popular games out there, you can run OBS. It works great with Twitch, and it being open sourced means it is a budding streamer's best friend. Simple tools let you manage your screen recordings along with sound, screen transitions, and a captioning option; while providing extra tools that help streamline your projects. With a tool kit that is practical and easy to understand, OBS excels at providing just what you want for your screen recording and streaming needs.

Cons

OBS isn't tailored to any specific use or website. It focuses on general use for streaming and/or screen recording. For this reason, it lacks some of the flash and bang that other streaming software may be able to provide. Although the tools are easy to understand, it's not as intuitive as other programs and may require a little time to learn, especially if you are not familiar with similar software.

Bandicam Screen Recorder and iSpring Suite

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

Overall, OBS is affordable (being open sourced), has great updates, and is lightweight while still giving me both screen recording and streaming tools. I found a few other programs didn't perform well, didn't save in the format or resolution I was looking for. I also experienced problems where the audio fell out of sync with the image. I have never had any of these issues while using OBS, which is why it's been my number one, most reliable choice for several years now.
John M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

OBS is great for streaming and recording!

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

Overall, using OBS has been a really good experience. Once you begin to learn the ropes and get an understanding of what the terms mean and the ways that they can affect streams and recordings, it becomes a very valuable tool for content creation that streamlines a lot of the finer details of a streaming and recording setup and allows one to focus on making content.

Pros

OBS is software that really helped to make my streams and recordings really simple to manage.
I stream and record most of my gameplay from Xbox One and with OBS I am able to use a simple set up to add personality and flair to my streams. I can also integrate OBS into my operation to stream to places such as YouTube, FaceBook, and Twitch using overlays which aren't provided natively by the Xbox One console which really helps one to stand out amongst other streamers. Set up is relatively easy because the OBS software has features that can detect what you have available and set itself up based on the specifications that it detects.
When it comes to recording, using the capture software allows me to add overlays and things such as watermarks to content as it records as well as set up audio options such as microphones and the levels of audio that it records.
Getting help is quite simple since there are many forums and other ways to find information and tips online as well as turotials provided by the developers themselves.

Cons

What I liked the least about this software was probably trying to understand what some of the options would do once I began to explore the program and options that it offers. Being new to streaming at the time, it was more or less a problem not having a good understanding of how to set things up overall.
Once I spent some time browsing forums and the other sources of help regarding OBS, I found that it was pretty easy to understand how to adjust things as I needed to.

T. ryan A.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Extremely powerful tool for broadcasting multiple video and audio sources.

Reviewed on 19/5/2021

Overall I think OBS is fantastic. It is a bit kludge-y in certain aspects but I have been using it for about a year and a half now and I can't imagine switching to a different tool. It has been able to handle multiple camera scenarios with ease. I just love it.

Pros

This product allowed me to quickly put together professional "studio grade" composite video scenes that were then easily broadcast to a number of online sites. I used it most frequently with Twitch and it has nicely integrated twitch features, but it can also be used to broadcast to facebook or youtube given that you have things configured correctly. The ability to apply video and audio filters as well as support for a variety of different audio and video formats for inset playback was extremely useful.

Cons

This product has a bit of a DIY flair. For anyone with a background in video editing or audio editing it wont take too long to figure out how to set up a scene and broadcast with OBS. However, the onbaording for new users is virtually non existant. I certainly wouldn't give OBS to someone with little to know technical experience and expect them to be successfull. In today's tech landscape, especially when it comes to streaming there are so many unsophisticated users attempting to get started that I think a few more passes to the UX and UI would be beneficial.

Camtasia, Bandicam Screen Recorder and Snagit

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

OBS has much better integrated streaming features that many of the other video / screen capturing products i looked at do not.
Christopher G.

Inexpensive solution to your streaming video production needs

Reviewed on 10/3/2021

We use the OBS box as a headend for an RTMP stream. Using OBS gave us far more control over the output to the streaming site, including the ability to transition from various sources and add overlays to the outgoing video.

Pros

Wide variety of features and effects. Highly customizable. Active development team and user forums group. In latest version, OBS output can be configured as a virtual web camera compatible with popular video conferencing software. OBS is also a highly effective for recording desktop presentations or walkthroughs.

Cons

The learning curve is very steep. Documentation is available but is written for the tech savvy. Certain esoteric bugs are long standing and have not been fixed necessitating workarounds.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

We were using a BoxCast digital encoding rig to stream a daily student run television show. Using OBS we were able to return the hardware box and set up out own RTMP streaming system using left over hardware from the tech lab.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

OBS is free, which we found appealing. The feature set for both Xsplit and OBS were essentially the same.
Andrei P.
  • Industry: Computer Games

The best free recording and streaming software but not without problems.

Reviewed on 25/5/2020

OBS saved us money from buying a paid software for recording and streaming. The community providing tutorials is quite big so it was kinda easy to get into using the program. It may be a bit more complex than other programs but that's also a con and a pro.
As long as you know that some applications won't get recognized and you'll have to use a display capture you're good using OBS (some programs from the competition have the same issues)
This might sound weird and impossible but it would be great if they had a way to not film the OBS frame using a display capture for people with only 1 screen.

Pros

OBS Studio is a great free application for recording and streaming.
The best thing about OBS is the amount of customizations, settings, and options you have along with the plugins. This can also be a problem however (read more in Cons).
A great improvement to OBS is that for a few updates now it has Twitch UI integration where you can setup your stream info and talk to people on their chat.
There are a lot of recording/streaming options and the studio part provides great tools for long streams where you must also act as the director moving from one camera to another, adding transition effects, moving text, etc.
The amount of plugins available makes integrating with Twitch, Youtube, etc work really well especially if you're getting donations.

Cons

My biggest problem with OBS is that certain games are not recognized so the only thing to do is to use the display capture. This is quite an issue since not all streamers know of this and as a game developer myself I can see how this could hinder some people from streaming/recording our products.
Another con would be that there is no basic mode to set things up, even though they have an Advanced tab in the settings, the "basic" settings are still quite advanced.

Aaron M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Why didn't I know about this sooner!

Reviewed on 27/5/2021

We had struggled through live streaming using a different studio for several years. We continued to have problems, because with the software we were using they limited us on the quality of the video unless we started to pay a yearly fee. On top of it, we had troubles with bugs in the system. I consulted with other people in our vocation and 90% of them pointed to OBS Studio. Once we started using this software we have never turned back, it was exactly what we needed and it has worked BEAUTIFULLY without any hiccups. We recommend it to everyone who is live streaming their services and concerts.

Pros

For live streaming our services, this has become the most valuable software we have ever used in our church and in recording videos. It was simple to set up, easy to use, and other than the occasional user error in the sound room at our church, we have had ZERO problems with this software.

Cons

There are features that I would love to be able to use on the software, but not having too many technology inclined people in the church has made some of the features for us useless, but that isn't a negative on your part, it just isn't something we can use at this time.

Jaze P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

What You Should Know About OBS Studio

Reviewed on 18/8/2021

My ability to stream content and record live events from my PC has been phenomenal thanks to this software... it's easy to use and tons of fun once you get totally used to it.

Pros

The best screen recording software in the game. Add different audio sources, change backgrounds accordingly, livestream with ease... you got it all in one with OBS Studio. Connect any of your favorite social media platforms to use livestream and you'll be totally impressed with what you get, no other software does it better.

Cons

I honestly have no qualms or cons against this software, I have yet to find any.

Icecream Screen Recorder

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

The versatility of OBS Studio was what made me change my mind. The stream quality of Icecream is a lot lower than OBS Studio so making the switch for me was a no brainer.

Icecream Screen Recorder

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

I saw a lot of Youtubers going the OBS Studio route so I decided to investigate the software one time. To my surprise, it was the better choice to make.
Thomas C.

The Best Option for Streaming, Bar None

Reviewed on 10/9/2020

I use OBS for various livestreams that I manage throughout the week and it's perfect. Once you've got your scenes and everything set up the way you want, it's one button push an you're off to the races.

Pros

There's not much to dislike about this software. I've been using it pretty consistently for 5 years, and if you're looking to manage any kind of livestream, there aren't many options that come close to this. It allows you to manage multiple scenes, add custom transitions/overlays, create hotkeys, etc. I could go on, but I have never even considered switching software.

Cons

There's literally nothing to dislike about the software. Not only is it completely free, it's the premier streaming platform. It's constantly evolving and getting better. The only thing I could possibly say is there's a potential learning curve, but if you have any background in video production, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

OBS is free. While, yes, there might be something of a learning curve, there's no reason to pay for any other software, because OBS does literally anything you would need it to do.
Zachery J.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Streaming made easy

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Positive, I have been a streamer since Starcraft 2 came out and will continue to be one into many more games. This software is amazing for being free.

Pros

For a free product this is what I use to stream. I like that it is pretty simple to use, easy walkthroughs, it's pretty much click, click ready. But the best feature has got to be how easy it is to make each layer overtop of the other. My stream has 6 layers Game,Webcam,greenscreen, followers screen,donation screen, and gamer tag. Each super easy to set up and super easy to maintain.

Cons

I don't like that it is very demanding on your pc when you start running everything through it, but then again it is a streaming software, and free so who am I to complain.

Stacey B.

Customized streaming solution on a budget.

Reviewed on 31/1/2021

OBS provides an excellent way to either stream live demonstrations of software to YouTube, including voice-over audio, picture in picture to provide a talking head view in the corner of the stream. Recording streams allows for editing and uploading video compilations to multiple streaming platforms.

Pros

Integrates well with most common streaming platforms from YouTube to Facebook, Twitch and others. Simple user interface allows for quickly getting up and running with streaming or even screen capture. Support for multiple platforms allows for hosting streaming from Linux, Windows and MacOS. The interface is consistent between platforms. Supports both streaming and recording, both individually and simultaneously. Embed picture in picture, picture in video, video in video. Overlay text, graphics or a number of sources controlling placement and visibility. Inputs support webcams, screen capture including window or selection based. Capture game output as well as software demonstrations useful for tutorials as well as demonstrations, all live. Multi-track audio control so you can switch between audio tracks as well as overlay multiple audio tracks, adjusting volume and mix levels. Commercial support available through StreamLabs Prime for a low monthly fee.

Cons

Does not support streaming to multiple destination streaming platforms simultaneously unless you have the commercial StreamLabs Prime version. Does not have built-in support for sharing a source input. There are technical methods to do both streaming to multiple streaming destinations through use of the command-line open source tool ffmpeg. You could also split an input source using ffmpeg and use it to feed multiple copies of OBS to stream to multiple destination streaming platform simultaneously, but that method is complicated if you are not familiar with ffmpeg.

• Industry: Telecommunications

My review of OBS Studio

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

I am very satisfied with this Software and I would recommend it to friend, as it is easy to use and has good audio and video quality.

Pros

I like using this Software while playing games with friends for instance and also my fiancée started using it to record her Spanish lessons, without any prior knowledge of this Software or any intro from me, so I can confirm that this Software is really user friendly and that anyone can use it with ease.

Cons

It would be nice to have a little intro for new users, who never used this Software before and who don't know that they need to Setup the Scene and add every Source one by one and configure the device which is being used by that Source.

Tyler F.

Powerful, free encoder that anyone can use

Reviewed on 11/5/2020

This is by far the best free streaming software out there. Works will nearly all hardware and streaming platforms. Needs hardware with a lot of CPU (or GPU) but works well when it gets them.

Pros

OBS is an incredibly powerful live streaming (and recording) x264 encoder software with a feature set that rivals some of the biggest names in the space - but all open source, and completely free. The breadth of production capabilities is impressive, including overlays, source/camera switching, source mixing, media file playback, and much more. OBS also has direct integrations with many popular hardware devices and streaming platforms, making setup quick and easy.

Cons

Occasionally we have found performance to be an issue, where even on the heftiest hardware the encoding process will still max out resources or drop frames. In addition, it can sometimes be difficult to find certain settings and features (intuitiveness), but this is also rare. Better formal documentation would be helpful, though usually asking a question in the forums will bring a helpful answer.

XSplit Broadcaster and Wirecast