CleanMyMac X

Maintenance and antivirus software for Macs.

4.6/5
4.8/5
4.9/5
4.7/5

158 Software options

Mike N.

A great way to keep your machine in optimum condition

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Pros

I use my mac every day - and couldn't work without it. CmM is easy to install and simple to use. Just a couple of clicks once a week and the app does it stuff, cleaning out all the trash cans, freeing up valuable space on my hard drive, checking for malware and basically keeping my machine running like new.

Cons

It's hard to think of anything the app doesn't do that I would need. Regular updates seem to keep it fresh and it's never let me down.

Alan S.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

CleanMyMac is the best software for MAC

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Pros

CleanMyMac is easy to use. I run it weekly to keep my MacBook clean and running at its maximum capability. I have use many of the other brands on the market but nothing compares to CleanMyMac. It is easy to install. I love it.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about it. It has everything I need to keep my MAC running efficiently.

Michael L.
  • Industry: Banking

Flawless and Easy protection of your Mac!

Reviewed on 30/7/2021

Like most software for a mac: it just works. You can set it and forget it and it will let you know about updates, remind you to clean your Mac, and more.

Pros

It has an intuitive design that makes using it a delight. It's easy to find what you need to do, the reminders are super helpful and not intrusive, and it makes staying on top of your software updates a snap!

Cons

In all fairness, there isn't much not to like. It has a small footprint, runs from the taskbar, and is pleasing on the eyes.

Avast Business Pro Plus

Reasons for Switching to CleanMyMac X

The price and the ease of use.
Liz B.

CleanMyMac X Review for 2021

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

CleanMyMac X runs seamlessly on my laptop. I click to have it check everything all at once. I highly recommend it.

Pros

I started using this app a few years ago and in the past year upgraded to the X version. Lots of improvements in the app. It's very easy to use. You can select what you want the app to clean, or you have the app clean the complete hard drive. It tells you what you don't need, checks for inaccuracies, makes suggestions, which you can opt in or out of, and generally just clean up all the junk files on your computer. Hands down - the best app I have on my Mac that I rely on to keep my Mac up to date.

Cons

In my opinion, there is no 'con' for this software. There's nothing not to like - it's all good.

Andrew S.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent product

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Pros

As an individual user, I find CleanMyMac very useful, effective, and easy to use. For me the most important features are freeing up RAM, clearing out system junk, checking for malware, and uninstalling unneeded or obsolete software. CleanMyMac does all those things very well.

Cons

I can't think of anything that needs improvement.

Jens R.

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

CleanMyMac has been essential for my daily workflow without interruptions. Everything runs fast and smooth. This is the only software I use to maintain my Mac in top shape with full confidence.

Pros

I love how easy it is and quick to use.

Cons

It would be nice if it has Dark Mode feature.

Kathryne F.

Has Saved Me More Than Once

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

I have used CleanMyMac for several years now and it has been great. From keeping my computer running as it ages, to the excellent customer service I received the few times I have needed it, my experience could not be better.

Pros

I like to keep my technology as long as possible. This means that it can get a little cranky as it gets older and using CleanMyMac has helped me keep my tech running smoothly for as long as possible. It is also simple to install, use, and understand.

Cons

Not a fan of subscription model software. I think I might be the only one on this, but it makes my life more expensive, often for features, I don't use.

Richard C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great tool to keep my MAC working well

Reviewed on 2/8/2021

Pros

My MAC is old - 2012 - so it needs a bit more TLC to keep tiperforming. Clean My MAc makes that pretty effortless for me.

Cons

I would love to have a more detailed file explorer to help remove large files / free up space. Finding duplicates, reorganising files when space becomes critical is a real pain in the neck!

Eliffio R.

The best optimizing tool for my mac.

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

We manage big files everyday and we need to optimize our disk space and memory regularly. That's the feature we love and use the most about CleanMyMac. For us, it's simply the best tool out there.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use CleanMyMac. It has a clean and intuitive user interface and great optimizing tools that just work. I don't need to do any manual/repetitive tasks to optimize memory, clean my disk or have a precise view of what's taking space in my computer. I just make a couple clicks and it's all done. Also, I don't need additional apps for different tasks. CleanMyMac does it all!

Cons

Nothing not to like. I had only one issue with my antivirus, but it was solved in a couple minutes just checking CleanMyMac's website and updating it.

Don W.
  • Industry: Music

Best in class and has been for many years

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Superb customer support amd when features are added they are always relevant - I love the menu bar feature for checkin my internet speed - saves me the hassle of having to use a separate app or online address

Pros

Consistent ongoing improbement to the product and it is always compatible with the latest Mac OS, which I keep up to date

Cons

I really cannot think of any - but a defrag feature might be nice for traditional HDs

Michael G.

The cleanest of interfaces, and most powerful tool to keep you safe

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Never an issue despite running it for over 3 years. It helps keep my Macs running smoothly and efficiently.

Pros

The graphical interface screams ease of use, but for a very seriously professional product. It reminds me regularly to run my scans, and the product is constantly being upgraded with improvements, not just new features.

Cons

Nothing. It works great and does what it promises with no tech experience required.

Lowell R.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Assurance

Reviewed on 31/7/2021

Pros

Ease of use. I can reach it off the top of window to open.

Cons

Nothing. it’s there as I need it. Convenience.

Chris S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Incredibly useful app

Reviewed on 30/7/2021

Basically very good

Pros

Ease of operation and efficiency at cleaning, uninstalling and updating my Mac

Cons

Expensive and some facilities not especially intuitive to use (for non-IT people)

Steven F.
  • Industry: Program Development

My experience with CleanMyMac

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

I have used several other buff it up systems an all I can say is I am using the best!

Pros

CleanMyMac has all the tools to keep my system clean and fully operational and E-Z to use!

Cons

Change the colors on the background,,,, OK

Chris Z.
  • Industry: Music

Easy way to keep Macs clean!

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Pros

This software has a user-friendly interface, which makes operation a breeze for inexperienced users. At the same time, there’s a great amount of detail available for more advanced users. Overall it does a fantastic job of keeping machines running.

Cons

I would love a visualizing element, so I could see a graphic representation of space usage on my machine.

Bill I.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Keeping my system working

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

I’ve been very satisfied with the product

Pros

It is especially attractive to me the way that the program scans the entire device to ensure that even the hidden efforts of those who might like to threaten my system stability cannot hide from clean my Mac X

Cons

I honestly do not have any features that I don’t like there are a few things I don’t quite understand with my limited computer skills but again that’s a positive because the system understands things I don’t know

Eric K.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

I Like to Keep My Mac (and My Desk) Clean and Tidy

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

I started using CleanMyMac years ago when I was working as a Production Direction for a magazine. I researched and trialed several different products and ended up purchasing licenses for myself and our designers. I've been very pleased with the product. It has a sleek and straightforward interface, works quickly, and keeps me in control. I also appreciate the timely updates. When I started my own company a couple years ago, I bought an iMac and a MacBook Pro, and I added CleanMyMac licenses to both.

Pros

The user interface is clean and organized, and the process descriptions are very clear.

Cons

I changed a few defaults to my liking. Specifically, I didn't like how often it reminded me to empty the trash. But customization is pretty simple.

Nizar K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

One of the best Mac Softwares ever!

Reviewed on 1/8/2021

A solid software with excellent features which helps improve your Mac experience.

Pros

It’s UnInstaller feature. It cleans up any residue of the deleted software efficiently and speedily.

Cons

Honestly. I don’t see anything negative with this software. It has everything I wanted and more.

Jackie C.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Keeps my Macs running efficiently

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

I have used CleanMyMac X on all of my machines for years and wouldn't switch to anything else! The rich feature set and ease of use are a big plus for me. It gives me peace of mind knowing my Macs are protected and running smooth and efficiently every single day.

Pros

I love that I can run CleanMyMac X every month (or more often) on all my Macs and know that it is checking for all the things that impact the performance of my machines. I rely on my Macs daily and CleanMyMac X gives me the peace of mind that things are running as fast and efficiently as possible.

Cons

I don't have a "least" to like about CleanMyMac X. It covers everything I need!

Adela C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used for 1+ year

Keeping your Mac up to speed

Reviewed on 3/8/2021

I'm happy with it. I also got ante MacPaw app, Gemini II which finds duplicates and allows you to compare before deleting.

Pros

All the options available to maintain your Mac and keep it clean and functioning.

Cons

Non that are important. The interface's new appearance is a little "bubbly". The floating side panel is "off" to me.

Bill W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

I haven't had any issues

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Pros

To my knowledge, I have not had any problems with hacking or viruses. Whether this is a result of the Clean my Mac software or not, I cannot say.

Cons

It is supposed to be working all the time protecting my Mac from viruses. I wish it would just run automatically instead of me having to activate it.

Lori S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Used for 2+ years

CleanMyMacX Review

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

We need to protect our computer systems and this software is built for Macs.

Pros

I like that the software prompts me to use regularly.

Cons

I find the annual cost a bit high. Also, I have a lineup of previous downloads.

Steve B.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great value excellent performance

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Well made and easy to use.

Pros

This product has always worked reliably for years.

Cons

I have no complaints it could always be faster but it takes what it takes.

José R.

Very good

Very good

Pros

Reliable, and very good to get free space

Cons

The SmartScan is not good, because delete mail attach, and I don't want.

Andy A.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Pros

I'm just a personal user of my Mac and although not really a tech savvy person I found ease of installation and use a real bonus. To date no complaints

Cons

Nothing really, I find it really difficult to answer this one as all just fine.