Guardio

Chrome extension for blocking malware and phishing attacks

4.7/5

41 Software options

Franklin J.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Never know who is looking at you good or bad

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

Great would not change a thing. It is a start.

Pros

Saving me from some serious hacks has been my biggest save right now. Too many sites have back doors that people fall suspect too. Guardio, on many occasions, has asked my employees, "are you sure" this stop or hesitation has saved us a lot of time and money. A friend had all his files encrypted, and it caused considerable embarrassment.

Cons

Wish I could get more advice. Guardio software is something new to me, so I am not sure what else to expect.

Response from Guardio

Thank you for the feedback, Franklin! We're thrilled that we are able to keep you and your employees safe and will keep doing so!

Scott S.

roundtoppainting review

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

I only use for security.I am out of buisnessnow but did it with pen and paper.

Pros

I like the fact than it keeps me out of harm's way. It's instantanius. I find it very helpful with everyday browosing keep up the good work Scott.

Cons

Somtimes I want to go to that site and I get blocked but you have the option to go which is nice.

Daniel C.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great service!

Reviewed on 30/9/2020

Once I decided to buy it customer service has been perfect. I don't do anything except let Gaudio do its job.

Pros

It stops me from going to dangerous sites daily.

Cons

I love my service so I have nothing bad to say about it.

Response from Guardio

Thank you so much for your review, Daniel! We're happy to keep you safe and our customer service team is here for you anytime.

David G.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

System requirements

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Wish I understood its positive effects vs. why my computer memory is so full for reasons I do not understand may or may not be associated with the install

Pros

Quarrantine Pups and blocks threats well

Cons

This is my own naivety but it’s like I do not really understand what it’s protecting, how Quarrantine works. My computer has slowed to a crawl since installing this and I am not sure why

Response from Guardio

Hi David, it sounds like there are some other issues on your computer, as Guardio is a lightweight extension that doesn't take up much space. You can contact our support team, and we'll be happy to assist you further - [email protected]

Thomas H.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

I use it for personal use

Pros

They keep you updated on threats and other daily issues like pop ups

Cons

Have no complaints as a non savy user just wanted good protection

Response from Guardio

Thank you so much for the review, Thomas! We are happy to protect you online and will continue to keep you safe :)

Jimmie I.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Guardio and it's reviews

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Pros

Easy to use and helpful. I like that it helps and only with the spelling, but with grammar.

Cons

I have yet to find any cons, but if I do their support will help out with it.

Response from Guardio

We're glad you find Guardio helpful. The spelling and grammar features, however, are a different program :)

Jim C.
  • Industry: Photography

MY AFFAIR WITH GUARDIO

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

I have been very pleased with it in every respect..........

Pros

I do like the ease of operation and how this sits in the background as a silent partner and is not intrusive as other software can and has been.........................ACES.

Cons

Thus far I have not found any ill use of this software.

Response from Guardio

Thank you so much, Jim! We're happy to be in a relationship with you and keep you safe online :)

Bettie rose H.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Enthusiastic Customer

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

I count on it to keep my computer free of crap I don't want and haven't requested.

Pros

It does what it says it will do: gets rid of pop-ups and unwanted ads

Cons

I like everything about it. It's easy to understand and presented in a clear format. It comes regularly in a user-friendly format.

Response from Guardio

Hi Bettie, thank you so much for your feedback! We're happy that you are pleased with Guardio and we will continue providing you the best protection out there!

Paul M.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Initial experience.

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

See previos comment.

Pros

I enjoy the fact that Guardio seems to act as predicted. It flags potential mal-events and holds them off until I evaluate them.

Cons

I lost my Activation Icon from my desktop and can only wait for Guardio to start by itself.

Response from Guardio

Thank you so much, Paul! Please reach out to us so we can help with the activation issue.
[email protected]

Jermaine J.

Great support for my computer

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

Pros

I like guardio because I feel protected while browsing online and downloading software. It scans harmful sites and downloads sand warns me if there is an spyware or malware attached.

Cons

Cant think of anything right now. I am pleased with it.

Gary A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Quality product

Very satisfied

Pros

Ease of downloading, protection against malicious sites, let's you know if the website is not safe. Recommend this product for ease of mind

Cons

I really can't think of anything, at this time. It preformed beyond my expectations.

• Industry: Wholesale
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Guardio

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Very satisfied, continiuously getting updates from this software which is a plus.

Pros

I like the price and getting active notifications of any threats and updates from this software.

Cons

At this time since using this software for the last 2 years, there is no negative feedback for using this software.

Response from Guardio

Thank you so much for the feedback! We're happy to have you as a loyal customer and that we can keep you safe online. We're here for anything you need!

Paul C.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used for 1+ year

Another product, I need this one!

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Guardio took care of a problem that either suddenly became a problem. I asked my email system to notify me of new emails when suddenly I don't recall whether the chicken or egg came first, but I was suddenly inundated with messages that I could no longer get any work done, I had messages after messages coming across my workspace so that all I did was answer the messages/advertisements and not able to get work done. Guardio saw this as a problem and filled the need/solved my problem. So my experience was/is one of thanks

Pros

What do I like the most about Guardio? I like the fact that it works. This may seem to be an obvious answer, it works! Why do I need another product? Someone forgot to include this functionality in McAfee or someone in McAfee cleverly decided to include this functionality? or, someone realized this was an untouched market need. As an end-user, I was interested in this because this fit a need of mine. I was ticked off that this wasn't included in my McAfee product but maybe someone m9issed this need. Either way, I was getting pounded with messages in the right hand corner os my workspace.

Cons

I liked least about this softwad=er was that this was an additional cost.

Response from Guardio

Thank you so much Paul for this amazing review. Indeed Guardio catches and detects new and evolving threats, keeping your browser clean and safe.

Scott S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

needed something hands free

Reviewed on 1/8/2020

i have only been with them about 2 months but between the free trial then ending and then them saying , " hey if you ever want to come back we are here for you" that told me that this company has integrity and they are very personal with their clients. I am ecstatic!

Pros

i just wanted something that could do it's thing while i did mine. i took advantage of their free trial and then their extension. after that i cancelled because i was going to use the free service that came with my computer. I have a HP Chrome Book x360. Well, it wasn't an automatic download because it is a chromebook i had to do a seperate download which created all kinds of hassels and i couldn't get any help from tech support. i bought this at best buy and they kept sending messages , " don't forget to download your free Mend tech" and i was getting nowhere. Guardio free trial worked hassle free no extra support needed so i immediatley resigned up and things have been great. they keep me protected all day every day

Cons

At first i wasn't sure if it was doing it's job until i got their notifications and i opened up the icon and i could see what the scan was doing, so i felt better. I'm used to the program you have to click and they have all the bells and the whistles that shows it's cleaning and sweeping and protecting. Guardio just works it.

Response from Guardio

Thank you so much for the feedback and review, Scott! We're so happy you chose to come back and will continue to protect you online, and our support team is always available for any question :)

Jonathan M.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

I like the way Guardio intercepts potential problems and notifies me.

Reviewed on 1/10/2020

My overall experience with Guardio, is that I think it is awesome.

Pros

It is difficult to choose one single thing.

Cons

There was one thing I did not like, but it happened when I first started using Guardio.

Response from Guardio

Thank you so much for the feedback, Jonathan! We're happy you are pleased with Guardio and that we can keep you safe online. If there is anything you need please don't hesitate to contact us.

John L.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great product

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Pros

I like that this product catches a poor website that could grab my personal info so fast!

Cons

Sometimes it halts a website that I know is safe.

Response from Guardio

Thank you so much for the feedback, John! Many sites that appear safe are actually connected to third party sites that could be harmful. If there are any sites you think we should have a look at, be sure to send them over to [email protected]

Margarita N.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Its not too expensive, it does gives safety every day,I feel safe on internet, gives security

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Pros

Does the work for you,gives information regurarly about blocking attacks
Easy to use and takes care to keep contact

Cons

I didnot notice lack of protecting the computer

Response from Guardio

Thank you, Maragarita! We're glad that we make you feel safer online, every day.

Anne K.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

It works great to keep my account safe from hackers

Reviewed on 5/10/2020

Everything works in a balanced manner. I feel safe using Guardio. Keep up the good work.

Pros

I know my account is safe while using Guardio. I enjoy the comfort of know I am being protector. I like the seeing the Guardio pop up notice which is ensuring all is well.

Cons

It took a while to figure out who to get Guardio set up.

Response from Guardio

Thank you so much for the review, Anne! We're happy you feel safe with Guardio by your side, and we will keep on protecting you as you browse online.

Clyde B.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A 90 year old mans mistakes

Reviewed on 18/6/2020

So far this is the best warning software I have ever used.

Pros

It warns me when I try to use web sites that are dangerous. I type with two fingers and make simple mistakes when I hit the wrong key or miss using correct spelling.

Cons

Often I still wish to see a site they tell me not to, but I don;t as it would likely get me in trouble.

Response from Guardio

Thank you so much for the feedback, Clyde!
You can whitelist sites that Guardio blocks if you feel sure about them, but many times there are privacy threats on sites that seem harmless. If you want us to check them, send us a quick email asking about the website, and we'll take a close look at it for you [email protected]

Norman S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Easy Guardio

Reviewed on 4/12/2020

Pros

This software is very easy to use it works in the background

Cons

There is nothing wrong with this software it works well

Jonathan B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Intuitive

Reviewed on 5/8/2020

Protects from malicious sites very effectively

Pros

Very quick action and feedback. Excellent customer support.

Cons

N/A. Everything works efficiently and it does it all for you without worrying about your security.

Response from Guardio

Thank you so much Jonathan, we're happy to keep you safe online and will keep doing so. As always, feel free to reach out if you need anything :)

Javier V.
  • Industry: Accounting

Easy to use and excellent protection

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Reliable, discrete, strong protection.

Pros

You never notice that Guardio y running neither you have to be monitoring that is working, Guardio is all the time watching for you, and as soon as you go to a suspicious website it intercepts your activity and let you know the kind of risk that you may be going to take.
I am liking it a lot.

Cons

I have not find any kind of situation that I don't like about this sofware.

Response from Guardio

Thank you much for your feedback, Javier. We do our best to keep you safe and scan the web for you without interrupting, so you can browse securely and freely. We're happy you like Guardio, and we like you toO!

Jacqueline T.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Came free with new pc

Reviewed on 5/10/2020

Pros

It automatically ids harmful sites. I then have the option whether to risk it.

Cons

I found no flaw in this software and have no recommendations on how to improve.

Response from Guardio

Thank you for the feedback, Jacqueline!
We're happy we can keep you safe from harmful sites and will keep doing so.

Jan B.

The best Security Program I have ever used.

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

I surf the web on a daily basis and Guardio prevents opening websites that could harm my computer.

Pros

This is a fantastic security tool. one of the best I've used.

Cons

I like all of it's features and have nothing negative about Guardio.

Response from Guardio

Thanks, Jan!
We're happy you feel safe browsing with Guardio and we will continue to protect you online :)

Mashelle H.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Good Value

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

Pros

That it lets me know when there is a problem with a web site, and that I can share with my family

Cons

I have found no problems with this software.