Deltek Costpoint

AI-enabled enterprise resource planning (ERP) software

3.8/5
3.9/5
3.8/5
4.0/5

196 Software options

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Easy-to-use program for tracking hours worked.

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

I used this program daily to track my hours worked for each pay period. It was pretty easy to use and did not take much time out of my day.

Pros

This program was very simple to use to track your hours worked. It was efficient, easy, and did not take much time to learn or to use it daily.

Cons

I cannot think of anything specific that I disliked about this program.

Tina D.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Easy-to-use but doesn't work for every situation

Reviewed on 1/12/2018

Pros

I use costpoint daily at my job and the software is very easy to navigate. I have no issues searching for BOMs (Bill of Materials) and costpoint interacts relatively seamlessly with the systems that we use for engineering drawings and shop floor instructions.

Cons

A lot of the materials in the BOMs seem to be controlled by effectivity dates. This may work well for companies that have interchangeable parts with planned obsolescence dates, but the industry I work in has variable production schedules where it'd be preferable to control materials by engineering drawing effectivity.

Karen C.
  • Industry: Government Administration

I have used Costpoint for 8 years. I have been able to learn a lot.

Reviewed on 2/5/2017

Reporting, payroll, versatility, project reporting and capture, labor capture

Pros

I love the versatility of this software. It does so much and we can pull a lot of different information. It's very detailed in most areas and we can hold notes as well. Since I work in payroll, I think that the people and payroll modules are most useful for me.

Cons

I really don't like that we can not accrue a non-cash fringe. We have asked and asked for this feature and it has never been considered. All our employees accrue fringe non-cash to use towards benefits.
I also don't like the way the employee garnishments are set up. Every time there is a change to a garnishment (such as the amount in a child support order), I have to stop the garnishment and set up a new one in order to preserve any history. It can be confusing for anyone else looking at someone's file. Also, the note field is to small, doesn't hold enough information for the order (like children or custodial parents) that used to be included in Costpoint 6. I was disappointed when this was removed.

Sandra O.

Costpoint from BRM viewpoint

Great software overall

Pros

Ease to learn and easy to use screen and download data

Cons

Incomplete error messages and missing edits.

SAP Concur

Reasons for Choosing Deltek Costpoint

Mitigated Entity, required due to cas COMPLINANCE

Reasons for Switching to Deltek Costpoint

PRICE
Jane H.

CP is good and user friendly

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

Pros

Costpoint offers government contractors unparalleled project management, accounting, labor, reporting and compliance features so you get the exact capability you need to increase efficiency and improve profitability. It was built specifically for government contractors and has been adopted by thousands of government contractors and earned the trust of federal agencies and their auditors.

Cons

System bug, system not stable. Take long time to get customer service back some time. Field names and connections to other fields are not readily apparent. Takes years to become fluent in the program.

Harlan H.

7.1.1 Admin disappointed with the constant updates but the end-users like it

Reviewed on 16/5/2017

Pros

Our end-users generally have zero complaints with the software. We use it for everything from purchasing and receiving to HR functions.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the new update model they have rolled out with 7.1.1. It seems there are constant updates and, unlike previous versions where you only installed the updates you needed to fix a particular issue, they now expect ALL updates to be installed. I realize they are trying to get away from the need for major revision upgrades by doing this but the load on the IT department is WAY more than it used to be for day-to-day operations.

Jeremy R.

Great product overall for government contractors.

Reviewed on 20/7/2017

Efficiencies with back-office processes.

Pros

Heavily integrated. It offers a lot of features suitable for government contractors. Companies that rely heavily on projects and reporting will find the system very suitable for their requirements.

Cons

Very complex. The system requires a lot of hands-on interaction to become proficient. The integration is great, but with it comes a steep learning curve.

David M.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Work Smarter not Harder

Reviewed on 28/6/2017

Pros

The Costpoint enterprise suite allows a complete set of tools that can influence critical business decisions in a vertical business. What sets this software apart from others, is the tools available to customize the software using Extensibility.

Cons

Limitations on customization unless you have in-house experience or willing to pay for consulting which is a consideration.

John C.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Costpoint is a very extensive accounting package, with all the modules we need

Excellent accounting and reporting

Pros

Customizable for our needs, especially in project management. We also own Cognos reporting, Costpoint Enterprise reporting and Time & Expense, and all of those Deltek products work together very well.

Cons

Some features are a bit non-intuitive, though they're features that aren't often accessed. Proper setup requires expert help.

Anne B.
  • Industry: Insurance

Big fan of Time & Expense

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

We moved from an Excel, paper-based expense reporting system to Deltek and it has drastically reduced the number of errors we see (and the number of expense reports we send back to employees for revisions). We are spending less time processing expense reports and employees are getting paid faster. Like any new software, there's been a learning curve with our users but overall, most people prefer this system over our old method of reporting.

Pros

Hard edits prevent people from making many of the mistakes we saw with our paper-based system, the approvals are automated and done electronically

Cons

You can't have more than one window open at a time (unlike CostPoint).

Lisa C.

An Accurate Way to Track Time

Reviewed on 22/12/2018

Easy capture of time to various charge codes and projects.
Easy to navigate between indirect and direct charges.

Pros

Deltek is pretty intuitive and is a good way to capture your time at work. I like the breakdown of multiple charge codes and projects and the easy search features.

Cons

Sometimes I have a hard time signing into the software remotely.

• Industry: Defense & Space

Great functionality but not easy to use

Reviewed on 15/3/2018

Due to our type of work, it was a great product to use when working government contracts.

Pros

The software had great reports. It's payroll portion was very easy to understand and navigate while processing biweekly checks.

Cons

The software is not user friendly. It took quite some time to learn how to use properly and the reporting function is complicated.

Omar A.

Omar CP review

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

It’s an easy to use software that has real-time inventory management that I find useful in everyday tasks.

Pros

The ease of running MRP once everything is set up.

Cons

User interface seems outdated. Friendlier screens can be used where you can finally use dual monitor support.

Francis K.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Use of Deltek Costpoint in managing our projects and also developing and forecasting for new...

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

Have had Costpoint since 1998 and found it to have helped the organization it business mission. Deltek Costpoint project based accounting system has been useful to our submission of the Incurred Cost Proposals to DCAA.

Pros

I like its flexibility in project management

Cons

The software is sometimes complex if you are new to it.

Christy B.
  • Industry: Accounting

Worked in Costpoint for 7 yrs.

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

It makes my job easier. Less paper needed

Pros

Its security controls. Its checks and balances. It's user-friendliness. Its fixed asset module.

Cons

the Fact that you can't have more than one user in everything other than reports. The fact that you can't approve and postin the same window.

Mark S.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Deltek is a reasonable timetracking tool

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

Pros

It does what it needs to do. It is pretty simple to use and get setup, and allows you to track what needs tracking.

Cons

All time tracking is harder then we would like. Deltek at times needs work to be configured to be as helpful as I wish it could be.

Heather M.

Good product that meets our needs

Reviewed on 6/11/2017

Pros

Deltek is always making sure they are improving the software. Lots of add-ons fit about any need or want the customer may have.

Cons

Pricing structure is not great for our small business. Add-ons are great, but come with additional cost (of course)

Mary C.

Cost POint

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

was able to eliminate spreadsheet processes

Pros

Ease of use and elimination of manual processes.

Cons

Reporting Feature a little difficult for me to manage.

Joelah A.
  • Industry: Research

Intermediate CP7

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

As a first time person attending the conference for the first time, I have learned a lot. the classes are a bit full but the speakers are great and knowledgeable

Pros

easy to access

Cons

I wish there were ways to merge (import and export items)

Aparna M.

Costpoint is awesome,

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Pros

cP works for our complex needs and reporting requirementz

Cons

It’s complex and some processes and setups are complex

Lori C.

Accounting Manager

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Started with the implementation team and still working with it. Love the online chat feature...get an answer extremely quickly!

Pros

immediate updates, no longer having to wait overnight

Cons

??

Paulo C.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Excellent software, needs additional features to improve in different areas, specially...

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

We now really now the cost of projects. Some other system claim they can do that but they fall short.

Pros

Very user friendly yet very controlled. This software is a great tool for accounting because the design of the system matches its reality. Costpoint helps us tremendously to control costs.

Cons

Reporting could be improved. there is a good basic essential reports available on the system but there must be more options and flexibility so users can extract the most of it.

Marianne K.
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Total streamlining of the procurement process.

Reviewed on 20/7/2017

Pros

I like how easy the program is to use and how customizable each window is. I am able to move text boxes around to fit my needs and can save queries and window setup per my requirements.

Cons

There are several elements that are irrelevant to my specific job so I suppose I like those the least.

Lynne G.

Costpoint 7 is user friendly

Reviewed on 27/6/2017

I am able to enter invoices more quickly and efficiently.

Pros

I think Costpoint 7 is very easy to work with and was easy to learn. It has helped me increase productivity.

Cons

Some of the functions in Costpoint 7 don't seem to always help with keeping a steady workflow or don't work at all.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

It’s great for Large organizations

Reviewed on 1/12/2018

Pros

I like it’s features on login when used in a mobile browsing window.

Cons

It was very hard to navigate at first. The help section, while very robust, was a bit difficult to understand. I did a lot of “trial and error”, before eventually figuring it out.