PowerDirector Reviews

PowerDirector

Video editing tool for publishing and sharing videos

4.3/5

Rolando
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great alternative to Adobe Premier

Reviewed on 3/8/2022

Recommended for everyday video editing, go easy with downloading extras. It will make the software slow.

Pros

It has almost every feature you will ever need for any video edition project. If you subscale you will have even more transitions copyright free music. and Shutterstock media. it is very easy to learn unlike adobe.

Cons

Very bulky. if you download all the extras you will be downloading over 30GB wich will make the software sluggish .

A fantastic video editing tool

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

I just love how creating small videos for my business has now become so easy. I can use any images I want and I love the way we can make our videos look more or less professional which helps to generate more leads and customers.

Pros

It is so easy to use. You can add any images you want to your videos. I have also used the software to cut longer video shorter for me needs for advertising. It has plenty of features for editing existing and new videos. Not only can it be used for basic editing, it can also be used for trimming, text overlays, adding audio and animations. I also love that there are tutorials that you can watch which really help a lot. It is the best video editor I have used so far.

Cons

Each time I go into the software I get a notification to buy the paid version. They should have an upgrade button at the top for when we want to upgrade instead. It's just pretty annoying. There is no ultra-wide format or custom ratios to choose from. You only get 4:3 or 16:19. We should be able to choose our ratios ourselves.

Jon
  • Industry: Music

Almost a scam

Reviewed on 27/5/2023

At first, good. After new programs came out it went down hill - and continues to do so. For instance, I can no longer capture DV - I did it with no problem until recently. I hope to switch to Premier pro if I can find a wasy to afford it.

Pros

The program worked well when new - but soon they offered a new one to purchase, and the older program quit working so well. It got worse over time, and the only solution from Cyberlink was to purchase the new program. It6's virtually a bait and switch scam.

Cons

The program begins to fail when they offer a new version that they want you to buy. It gets worse with time. I used Power Director successfully for a while, but as new versions came our, it didn't work so well. Now it has become impossible to do some of the most basic (and needed) functions. The only suggestion from Cyberlink is to purchase the new version. I don't have the kind of money it would take to keep up with them.

Alphonsus
Alphonsus
  • Industry: Media Production

PowerDirector - A Wonderful Software Editing System Unless it Crashes

Reviewed on 12/9/2019

I for the most part enjoyed using PowerDirector when editing videos. It has been a blast and sometimes a struggle with having to recuperate work lost. Regardless, this is a great entry video editor for anyone that is looking to get involved with the craft. Just got to get used to the rare crash, which is a part of every video editor's bane.

Pros

I liked the friendly user interface to seamlessly go from folder to folder to set up my timeline. I felt that the words were bright enough for me to read and that the organization options have great default settings. This gave me more incentive to not have much setup involved outside of the usual importing of videos.

Cons

There was a crash or two in the software during editing. The progress was last updated when I first updated it, which negated an hour or two of work that I have put in. I thought there would be more updates as to its recovery feature, but no use.

Matt
Matt

PowerDirector : The Best Video Editor Software for Beginners

Reviewed on 13/11/2021

Quite an impressive experience. I love the mobile app; it makes me productive when I am on the go. I can count a thousand times that PowerDirector had helped me when I needed a quick and easy way to edit my videos. PowerDirector also offers a vast range of tools, and I could download packs - special effects, titles, background music, and cool AI Style Packs.

Pros

It is intuitively user-friendly, highly functional, and you get excellent quality. The mobile app is my go-to video editor when I am on the go and when I want to edit and send something quickly. I am also able to import, export and edit 4K videos which is a huge plus.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to trim voice-over clips accurately, making it difficult to synchronise audio and video. Also, render preview can be slow; it takes a lot of time. Other than that, everything is impressive for a beginner.

Luis
Luis
  • Used for 1+ year

Easy to use to get good results, good software if you are a beginner.

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Powerdirector is an awesome software for small video edits, things that require less time or if you are just starting out in the editing field.

Pros

It has very good tools and powerful enough to get a professional result, if you are new to editing and want to progress while learning, this software is quite useful to get into the world of editing.

Depending on the plan and the price chosen, features can be obtained according to the needs of the publisher or the project in progress.

Cons

If the trial or free version is used, the final video ends with a watermark that can only be removed by purchasing a plan or subscription.

Jared
Jared
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Cyberlink PowerDirector Review

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

I have used this program on and off for the past 4 years. It used to a lot more for the price I paid however its sister app ActionDirector seems to be more compatible for many users so it was a no brainer for me to start looking at other software.

Pros

I like the User Interface with its simple what you see is what you get concepts i.e. fast forward, word effects and even blending. It has the best functionality for switching to a computer to finish editing your work from mobile i.e. cloud save options.

Cons

It lacks the portrait format for many mobile users or those who prefer using an upright editing solution.

Inshot Pro Apk
Supun
Supun

A great software for the creation of videos and slideshows

Reviewed on 22/3/2020

the software is good and cheap than other products.The software is very stable and robust.Easy to learn and use to the beginners.The voice removing facility, attractive effects and the multiple output formats are the best features of this software.

Pros

Cyberlink Power Director is a very flexible and robust video creator. Beginners can start the creation of videos and creation of slideshows.The structure of the software is very easy to use and it gives more output formats to the users.The software is cheap and it is a very creative software.

Cons

The overall software experience is good.But the input format of .TS is not supported to the software.The team should implement a proper solution or an update for this issue.If the software supports multiple output formats, it is very useful and important to the users

Michael
Michael
  • Industry: Chemicals

Making quick promo video clips

Reviewed on 9/9/2022

Very good. We are happy to continue using PowerDirector

Very good. We are happy to continue using PowerDirector

Pros

We use this software to make promotional videos of our simulations. It is simple enough to get stuck in, but with some many additional functions to make your videos look great. I've found the learning curve to be quite linear and I am developing my skills every time I use it.

Cons

I think it is the nature of the software, but it can become slow for some activities.

MD Rafsanjani
MD Rafsanjani
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

PowerDirector all in one

Reviewed on 7/5/2021

Its have lots of tools to make my video more attractive. I am using this software more then 7 years . At fast on my Pc now in my mobile . I Just take videoes then resizing , joining , giving effect ,adding voice and also i can make animation with this . Now a days i make my video more attractive and funny with green screen background change by PowerDirector . love it .

Pros

Update day by day and being more professional.

Cons

When i export long video like 10 Minutes with Ultra 4k rejulation its needs long time from mobile.

Glenn

Pre-installed but Nice to Have

Reviewed on 5/4/2022

If it had not been pre-installed on the purchased computer, then it would not have been used (or purchased). Again, there were many "tries" to work with this software. But, sadly, none met the needs of the organization.

Pros

There are quite a few options in this software. Included is quite an array of pre-loaded video and audio selections. The price for this software is comparable with others with similar features, perhaps even more economical.

Cons

A large/steep learning curve to getting started could be a "deal-breaker" for some. Customer support is helpful, though. Looking for a simple interface is a personal goal but did not find it with this product. Also, it was pre-installed/pre-loaded on the laptop. Several attempts were made to be productive with this software, but it was just too difficult to master.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

A Content Creator's Wet Dream! 📹

Reviewed on 24/10/2020

It's an exceptionally well-crafted piece of software, it works well with most devices, and a person who has never edited software a day in his/her life can navigate and utilize the software. All and all, it's pretty awesome!

Pros

There is a whole bunch of editing software out there. Trust me, I know! The worst thing I had to do when I decided to start a youtube channel was finding the right editing software. I spent months searching for something that didn't confuse the hell out of me! Finally, I came across PowerDirector. Now the first thing you need to know is that PowerDirector is super easy to use. It's incredibly helpful, user-friendly, and flexible. Copy and pasting pictures, as well as downloading music is awesome. It also has filters, background color choices, video transition options, opening and end credits options that you can edit to your specifications, also a myriad of fonts and colors. Volume and audio editing features, as well as skin smoothing, panning, (that's when you do a close up then back to the regular video, for those who don't know). The saving feature varies from saving on your device to your gallery, as well as your dropbox, or social media.

Cons

There is no clear way to overlay. The feature is hard to come by. In case you don't what I am talking about, it means that if you want a video over another video for some reason you can't get that. When you add a video clip it goes to the end of your video, no matter if you put it in the position you want.

Jayla
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

App Is Amazing for Movie Making And YouTube!

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

Amazing on the compute, still helpful on the tablet! I like the PC version more and I find it super useful for YouTube!

Pros

I love how you can have it in all devices! I love all the features put in free trial mode, its the best software out there! Its got all my favorite effects when a picture or a video transitions to the next, such cool effects! I love how there is free music to use and no limit to how long a video can be. Useful for school projects!
Fast rendering on PC and great source of free images and backgrounds to choose from.

Cons

The thing that always bothered me was the watermark but thats no big deal, I understand why its there.
On the phone or Android should add more features and a more similar set up as the PC version because it feels like using 2 different apps. I don't like how the PC has more features than the android, android should have more cool transition effects. android seems to take hours to render the video but the PC renders super fast.

Safiya
  • Industry: Entertainment

Good video editor

Reviewed on 9/11/2022

PowerDirector is very a good video editor. I had a monthly PowerDirector subscription. I liked it but I wasn't sure I wanted to purchase it outright and the subscription cost too much. None of the others were as good as PowerDirector so I invested in the outright purchase. It has absolutely paid off.

Pros

I love using PowerDirector since I can really let my creativity shine. The color matching stands out since I've never been impressed with it in others. PowerDirector also has 3D editing and access to stock photography. I love the transitions and effects.

Cons

I want the monthly subscription cost to be lowered.I also want it to be more user friendly.

Allison

Good for video editing

Reviewed on 30/4/2020

Overall, it's a good editor for the price and works well for our video needs.

Overall, it's a good editor for the price and works well for our video needs.

Pros

I like the way this product meets our needs of DVD and video production. It is easy to import and edit videos and sound clips. The multiple tracks is great and the video preview built in is nice. I like the ability to download and add features and content from other creators and the output options are nice. The variety of title screens, presets is nice. Works well on a PC.

Cons

My least favorite aspect of Power Director is the time that it takes to burn a DVD / create Folder. I can edit a project fairly quickly now but I have to factor in an hour or more for burning and finalizing even if I didn't make any major changes and only burned the video.

Hap

Review of Power Director

Reviewed on 2/9/2022

I have been very satisficed with this program. It is very powerful with many features of which I may only use about 50% of them. I highly recommend this program to anyone starting out in video production.

Pros

I have been using this product for over 5 years. I find this software to be very easy to use with more features that I will ever use. If there is something you need help on during your production, there are many UTube videos form the company and private users that will walk you though you activity.

Cons

Because of the may features of this software, as with all powerful software, it does take some time to learn al l the bells and whistles of the program.

Chris
  • Industry: Music

PowerDirector - A solid History

Reviewed on 3/7/2021

Overall it runs decent on a mid tier computer and it handles everything I could possibly need for music videos and for editing other videos as well. You need to go to youtube and watch the tutorials or you'll got lost in the features and frustrated by not getting anywhere.

Pros

The software is regularly updated and upgraded. This is good because as they introduce new versions of the software it takes advantage of improvements in hardware and in your operating system. PowerDirector is a robust program that you can use for everything from creating a quick GIF, to editing with special effects your own full featured music videos or movies. It comes packed with features and is a great all in one solution for the bulk of your home video needs.

Cons

The software is not always intuitive. Features seem to be tucked away in menus and you really have to learn the program if you want to take full advantage of the strength this suite carries. They have started moving toward a subscription model which I'm not particularly a fan of.

Ravindu
Ravindu
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Can create awesome videos easily

Reviewed on 8/2/2020

Power director is my top choice for video editing because it has simple interface.

Pros

There are lot of valuable features and transition effects, 360 degree video editing tool is awesome, but according to me action camera tool and motion tracking is very useful, also it have user friendly interface. After edit video we can directly upload to social media network.

Cons

There are no big issues, but its only compatibility with windows devices. Sometimes lagging my computer when I add higher number of transition effects to the project.

Leon
  • Industry: Online Media

PowerDirector - A Great Editor For Chromebook

Reviewed on 18/4/2020

I use PowerDirector to create my YouTube videos and, overall, I'm impressed with it. 🙂

Pros

This software has a lot of features built in.

I feel I can get a professional video with the pro version.

Cons

The software has recently changed making it harder to create projects.

I'm sure part of this is because there is a new learning curve.

However, the old user interface was easier to use.

• Industry: Environmental Services

I love using PowerDiretor

Reviewed on 21/1/2020

I like it, its more for people who want to make simple videos with ease and good for beginners, l find it easy to use more than any other Video Editor when its about Cyberlink, also gotta mention that it is really cool to get Voice recorder and editor which is really cool with all other stuff

Pros

I made memorable videos of my family with ease

Cons

I dont like when i cant work a little more detailed things, like some effects for example-Video where background flashes in the rythm of the beat of song

William
William
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The Best Video Editing Software I have used

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Overall I am very pleased! I have made some professional looking videos with Power Director. There are so many features I have not even had the opportunity to use. They are constantly adding updates and offer low priced additional packs.

Pros

Before purchasing this software I had only used Windows movie maker. I needed something that would allow me to edit some creative drone videos. I found the free version of this and then quickly upgraded when I realized how easy it was to use. You can walk into this with little video editing experience and still be up to speed on all of the features in no time. There are so many cool effects to apply to your video.

Cons

I do at times have problems with the software crashing although the last updates seem to have helped with this. It is a bit slow rendering and saving final videos at time and I am running a new fast laptop.

Dawn
  • Industry: Photography

Power Director

Reviewed on 9/6/2021

My overall experience has been fairly good. And It's my go quick video editor.

My overall experience has been fairly good. And It's my go quick video editor.

Pros

This software is very simple to use and it's extremely intuitive so there's not a difficult learning curve. It also has some great simple editing features.

Cons

Sometimes it will give an error when using multiple edits so sometimes you have to give a command multiple times.

Not too expensive and quite easy to use

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Very good experience, it helped me out when I needed a quick and easy way to edit videos.

Pros

The interface is very intuitive and the learning curve is not too steep. It's also quite easy to find information on the web and tutorials that help you realizing what you need. I would say that all basic features (and more) are easily accessible.

Cons

2 main issues are that rendering takes a LOT of time, and in the end, when comparing it with some more advanced software, I realized that while it's easy to get started, the more advanced stuff isn't just doable. But that's why the other software is more advanced and more expensive, so overall it's just a minor dislike.

Andy
Andy
  • Used for 2+ years

Big Video Bang when your Budget is Low

Reviewed on 12/1/2020

Pros

Very user-friendly. Software is laid out in an extremely organized way. Has multiple video and musical track layers. A great alternative to higher dollar Adobe software, especially if you are just doing video as a side responsibility of your job.

Cons

Some innovation across the past years, but not much. They've not added many new transition effects.

Vandana

It's good, but could be better

Reviewed on 8/7/2020

My overall experience with this software is satisfactory.

My overall experience with this software is satisfactory.

Pros

I like how there are a good selection of fx and editing options for videos. There aren't enough options to overwhelm a beginner, but there aren't too little that professional editors will miss out on certain editing tools.

Cons

The thing I like the least about this software is the watermark. They should either make the watermark smaller, or, even better, remove the watermark completely.