PowerDirector

Video editing tool for publishing and sharing videos

4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.0/5

Esther
  • Industry: Legal Services

Content Creators best friend

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Creating video content has been most easy. We are able to put scraps or almost useless clips together to create a fine project for adverts that generate leads.

Pros

I so much love this software, its very easy to use, has plenty of features for editing the video clips to my exact need. It is definitely the best in ts category. Kudos to the developers

Cons

The customer service is rated zero. Complaints are never attended, the support personnel (who may be the developers, I can't say) treat users as if users no nothing and they know everything which isn't fair. The essence of support/feedback centers is to note users complaints and improve on them but this develpers will not have that. I hope they improve

Alphonsus
  • Industry: Media Production

PowerDirector - A Wonderful Software Editing System Unless it Crashes

Reviewed on 12/9/2019

I for the most part enjoyed using PowerDirector when editing videos. It has been a blast and sometimes a struggle with having to recuperate work lost. Regardless, this is a great entry video editor for anyone that is looking to get involved with the craft. Just got to get used to the rare crash, which is a part of every video editor's bane.

Pros

I liked the friendly user interface to seamlessly go from folder to folder to set up my timeline. I felt that the words were bright enough for me to read and that the organization options have great default settings. This gave me more incentive to not have much setup involved outside of the usual importing of videos.

Cons

There was a crash or two in the software during editing. The progress was last updated when I first updated it, which negated an hour or two of work that I have put in. I thought there would be more updates as to its recovery feature, but no use.

Luis
  • Used for 1+ year

Easy to use to get good results, good software if you are a beginner.

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Powerdirector is an awesome software for small video edits, things that require less time or if you are just starting out in the editing field.

Pros

It has very good tools and powerful enough to get a professional result, if you are new to editing and want to progress while learning, this software is quite useful to get into the world of editing.

Depending on the plan and the price chosen, features can be obtained according to the needs of the publisher or the project in progress.

Cons

If the trial or free version is used, the final video ends with a watermark that can only be removed by purchasing a plan or subscription.

Matt

PowerDirector : The Best Video Editor Software for Beginners

Reviewed on 13/11/2021

Quite an impressive experience. I love the mobile app; it makes me productive when I am on the go. I can count a thousand times that PowerDirector had helped me when I needed a quick and easy way to edit my videos. PowerDirector also offers a vast range of tools, and I could download packs - special effects, titles, background music, and cool AI Style Packs.

Pros

It is intuitively user-friendly, highly functional, and you get excellent quality. The mobile app is my go-to video editor when I am on the go and when I want to edit and send something quickly. I am also able to import, export and edit 4K videos which is a huge plus.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to trim voice-over clips accurately, making it difficult to synchronise audio and video. Also, render preview can be slow; it takes a lot of time. Other than that, everything is impressive for a beginner.

Hap

Review of Power Director

Reviewed on 2/9/2022

I have been very satisficed with this program. It is very powerful with many features of which I may only use about 50% of them. I highly recommend this program to anyone starting out in video production.

Pros

I have been using this product for over 5 years. I find this software to be very easy to use with more features that I will ever use. If there is something you need help on during your production, there are many UTube videos form the company and private users that will walk you though you activity.

Cons

Because of the may features of this software, as with all powerful software, it does take some time to learn al l the bells and whistles of the program.

Phil
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Power Director still a top video editor

Reviewed on 16/6/2022

It’s a perfect tool for those looking to begin video editing. I used it for years, but newer versions became clunky and dated. I switched to different brand, though PD is still quite formidable.

Pros

I used PD fir several years so I could edit my family home videos so they are mire interesting to watch. I added titles, transitions and music to jazz them up a but. I also used the product to edit out bad clips.

Cons

There isn’t enough included titles and transitions to warrant the amount the software costs, though you can easily download additional content based on your own needs.

Ravindu
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Can create awesome videos easily

Reviewed on 8/2/2020

Power director is my top choice for video editing because it has simple interface.

Pros

There are lot of valuable features and transition effects, 360 degree video editing tool is awesome, but according to me action camera tool and motion tracking is very useful, also it have user friendly interface. After edit video we can directly upload to social media network.

Cons

There are no big issues, but its only compatibility with windows devices. Sometimes lagging my computer when I add higher number of transition effects to the project.

Stephen
  • Industry: Printing

I have found PowerDirector to be a very powerfull video editor at a reasonable price

Reviewed on 19/4/2022

My overall experience is very positive

Pros

I have found PowerDirector to be very easy to use while having all the features I need to create high quality videos. I have been able to make videos where I was using 2 or 3 video cameras for different views and PowerDirector easily synced them using the audio tracks.

Cons

After several years use, PowerDirector has always provided the features I needed and I have not found any cons for my purposes.

MD Rafsanjani
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

PowerDirector all in one

Reviewed on 7/5/2021

Its have lots of tools to make my video more attractive. I am using this software more then 7 years . At fast on my Pc now in my mobile . I Just take videoes then resizing , joining , giving effect ,adding voice and also i can make animation with this . Now a days i make my video more attractive and funny with green screen background change by PowerDirector . love it .

Pros

Update day by day and being more professional.

Cons

When i export long video like 10 Minutes with Ultra 4k rejulation its needs long time from mobile.

Michael
  • Industry: Chemicals

Making quick promo video clips

Reviewed on 9/9/2022

Very good. We are happy to continue using PowerDirector

Pros

We use this software to make promotional videos of our simulations. It is simple enough to get stuck in, but with some many additional functions to make your videos look great. I've found the learning curve to be quite linear and I am developing my skills every time I use it.

Cons

I think it is the nature of the software, but it can become slow for some activities.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Of All the Great Video Editors in the World, Cyberlink PowerDirector Is One of Them

Reviewed on 23/7/2021

(Note: This review is based on PowerDirector 15, which is not the most recent edition.) Are there better video editors out there? Oh, sure. HitFilm is more powerful and professional. Vegas is, well, I don’t use Vegas, so I can’t be sure, but it’s more popular it seems! Camtasia has a built-in editor right there with its screen recording software. And then there’s Adobe and all of its “value for the money” and really useful plugins. But are they easier to use? Will any of them run on a weak computer with no graphics card? While I can’t say Cyberlink PowerDirector is easier to use, because I don’t use the others, I can say it’s nevertheless easy, intuitive, and comes with enough features to ensure your video looks fine in an aggressive YouTube market. It also has a fair bit of useful screen templates available on its community plugin pages. And, perhaps most importantly, it can render your video, even if you run on an integrated graphics card (at least this is true on PowerDirector 15, which is what I use). HitFilm can’t do that. I’ve tried!

Pros

Easy, easy, easy to use. Most of it is intuitive. Even getting your plugins from Cyberlink’s homepage is pretty straightforward. Now, more nuanced tactics like keyframe editing and blending modes are trickier and take some practice. But once you figure out the best technique for applying them, it’s pretty easy to get back into the flow of things. Even though I got my copy in a bundle a few years ago, recent editions are also reasonably affordable. Integrates well with Cyberlink’s other products. Being able to render videos on an integrated graphics card is a bonus.

Cons

There aren’t many plugins that really standout, making a video’s overall quality inferior to anything produced in a higher end product like HitFilm or Adobe Premiere. Its native special effects, while fine, are also limited. Adjusting sound in a clip is challenging, as there’s no great way to get those sliders exactly to where you want them. And getting the finest controls, like color grading, requires other premium Cyberlink products. But these are picky things, not worth passing on if your budget is too tight for the higher end products.

FERNANDO
  • Industry: Entertainment

Short but, good review

Reviewed on 6/5/2021

Pros

This is the first app in which I learned to edit videos and I think it is great, since to date I continue to use it to edit my visual content in videos or audio, it is very easy to use and understand

Cons

I think it needs updating in special effects, however it is better than movie maker

Hope

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 4/1/2021

Powerdirector is an awesome software because i use it with little vedio edits,things that require less time for example traditional weddings etc and I have loved to work with it because of its ease

Pros

It is not complicated compared to other vedio editors I have interacted with
I love powerdirector because of how easy it is to learn
Its interface is good to interact with, even by beginners
Its compatibility with many computers makes it easier to edit vedios
It is fast compared to other vedio editors

Cons

Its features are limited,it has limited effects,limited things to do with adding some things you may want to,for example its recently when they have come up with the masking of vedios
Its features are not for professional use,for example if you want to synchronize audios with vedios
Powerdirector is not reliable,some times,it has lost my projects which I had saved,so i had to start over.

jessica
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

power director an easy way to make amazing videos

Reviewed on 19/5/2021

The problem I am solving is video crashes during editing.
I have found that with the updated app it is easier to understand how I can use

Pros

I liked the editing tools and how original our videos can be, at first it is a bit complicated to use until you learn all the tools, it has good options to use for any photo or video editing

Cons

What I liked least was the watermark at the end of the video, which can only be removed if you pay the subscription fee. There are some tools like cutting, but once the video is cut I can't edit it, I have to delete it and put it back in again, and sometimes it crashes. At the beginning it was hard to learn, because there are so many tools.

William
  • Industry: Media Production

Simple to use and easy to master!

Reviewed on 19/6/2019

I've used it for over 5 years and still plan on using it until I need 4k editing. Even then I'll upgrade the version. I was very new to editing and this was a great way to jump in and learn with this software.

Pros

It was easy to use for someone who was just learning how to edit videos. Lots of cool features and add ons. Also it isn't expensive to upgrade to newer versions. It is very consumer friendly.

Cons

Since it isn't as big as other video editing software, there aren't as many tutorials on YouTube.

• Industry: Environmental Services

I love using PowerDiretor

Reviewed on 21/1/2020

I like it, its more for people who want to make simple videos with ease and good for beginners, l find it easy to use more than any other Video Editor when its about Cyberlink, also gotta mention that it is really cool to get Voice recorder and editor which is really cool with all other stuff

Pros

I made memorable videos of my family with ease

Cons

I dont like when i cant work a little more detailed things, like some effects for example-Video where background flashes in the rythm of the beat of song

William
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The Best Video Editing Software I have used

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Overall I am very pleased! I have made some professional looking videos with Power Director. There are so many features I have not even had the opportunity to use. They are constantly adding updates and offer low priced additional packs.

Pros

Before purchasing this software I had only used Windows movie maker. I needed something that would allow me to edit some creative drone videos. I found the free version of this and then quickly upgraded when I realized how easy it was to use. You can walk into this with little video editing experience and still be up to speed on all of the features in no time. There are so many cool effects to apply to your video.

Cons

I do at times have problems with the software crashing although the last updates seem to have helped with this. It is a bit slow rendering and saving final videos at time and I am running a new fast laptop.

Not too expensive and quite easy to use

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Very good experience, it helped me out when I needed a quick and easy way to edit videos.

Pros

The interface is very intuitive and the learning curve is not too steep. It's also quite easy to find information on the web and tutorials that help you realizing what you need. I would say that all basic features (and more) are easily accessible.

Cons

2 main issues are that rendering takes a LOT of time, and in the end, when comparing it with some more advanced software, I realized that while it's easy to get started, the more advanced stuff isn't just doable. But that's why the other software is more advanced and more expensive, so overall it's just a minor dislike.

Ryan
  • Industry: Restaurants

My experience

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

Pros

Being able to burn CDs as well as being able to make iso files out of home DVDs and a type of file for data on CDs to be able to have a back up for recording in the computer

Cons

Well there is not too much to complain about per say, I mean granted it took a bit to get the hang of it of course but I achieved it

Vandana

It's good, but could be better

Reviewed on 8/7/2020

My overall experience with this software is satisfactory.

Pros

I like how there are a good selection of fx and editing options for videos. There aren't enough options to overwhelm a beginner, but there aren't too little that professional editors will miss out on certain editing tools.

Cons

The thing I like the least about this software is the watermark. They should either make the watermark smaller, or, even better, remove the watermark completely.

Adam
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Pretty Good

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Overall my feelings are somewhat mixed. The product is good, but the company doesn't seem to be especially reliable. This may have changed since 2016, but I'd probably not bother with it again.

Pros

PowerDirector is a fairly priced film tool that will fit most people's needs. Rather than spending hundreds of dollars on software like Apple's movie maker, here's something that will do the job for less than 80. It has a pleasing interface and has a huge amount of customizability. It is definitely robust and will let you shape footage into any shape that pleases you.

Cons

PowerDirector has infamously bad customer service. My attempts to contact them were ignored. The software is a bit of a RAM hog (although that is par for the course with video editors, so we can't hold that against PD).

Agustin
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used for 2+ years

PowerDirector Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

My experience with PowerDirector has been somewhat bittersweet. I used it several times but that one little thing that matters can mess everything up. Sony vegas pro 13 does miracles for me.

Pros

What I liked about the software was the rendering. It can render videos in a very fast unlike another program that I normally use. The quality of the outcome usually worked for my needs. But if I had to emphasize on anything it would just be how simple the software was. I enjoyed adding transitions and effects only to have stunning results.

Cons

There was one really big annoyance. The video editing on the PC can sometimes be painful due to lag even on my HP Zbook G3 17. Zooming in and out of the timeline was at times frustrating. Also, with the super-fast rendering I wouldn't expect for ultra-quality results.

Michele

Easy to use and family friendly

Reviewed on 8/1/2020

When we started producing videos for the web we had no time to learn to use a real professional software and so we started with PowerDirector to be fast but that was a mistake. It is always better to do the good choise since the very first experience to avoid to waste the time.

Pros

It is a software I suggest to an amateur user, not to a professional user. It offers a nice and intuitive interface and probably it's the best chiose to have nice options, filters, effects and the feeling to be able to produce a great video from private footage and for family memories

Cons

It would like to be for professional use but there is nothing that makes you thing the software has opportunities to be like that!

Amal
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Good software for beginers

Reviewed on 26/6/2019

It is very easy to handle.But features are very less.for the beginers it is a good software.

Pros

Very easy to use. Rendering process is very fast.

Cons

Only Less features available. It will take more time to get output

• Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great Tool for Editing Videos on the Go

Reviewed on 12/9/2019

I had a need to edit some video recordings that were made, combine them into one long video, and add music, and it needed to be done in the time it takes me to commute to the office. I searched the Google Play Store and this app was highly rated so I went with it and was pleased to find that it was super easy to use. I was able to make my edits, combine the videos, and add an MP3 to the overall final product all before I got into the office. I was very impressed.

Pros

The app is very intuitive with no learning curve and is super easy to use from the minute you first log in.

Cons

Final production is watermarked. It's not huge and it doesn't take away from your video, but it would be preferable without it.