Lucidpress

Easy-to-use design & brand templating platform.

4.4/5

William and S.
  • Industry: Publishing

Easiest Publishing program available

Reviewed on 17/5/2021

Overall, LucidPress is a fantastic publishing program that will have you up and designing magazines, flyers, webpages, etc in no time at all

Pros

I liked LucidPress because it is straightforward and relatively easy to use, requiring only a short amount of study time before I was able to design a viable publication.

Cons

The people at LP tecnical have an irritation tendancy to fix things that aren't broke while bypassing obvious problems.

Gede ananda A.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Helping my bussiness a lot

Reviewed on 31/5/2021

Discovered Lucid press because some of my co-workers are having trouble with graphic design app like Photoshop. I've been using this for almost 6 months now, and this app is helping my small business a lot, my co-workers don't need to rely on me as a graphic designer to edit small stuff like logo.

Pros

It's very easy to use, I can make a template and lock some vital assets on the design and my co-workers can just working and finish the rest without emailing me every 20 minutes asking for direction.

Cons

The pricing is the only downside, comparing to similar apps on market, this is probably is the expensive one I found.

Heather O.

Works for me!

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

I need good quality graphics for my small online store. I don’t have a designer on payroll, so having an easy to use solution like Lucidpress is awesome.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how many templates are available.

Cons

I wish there were more fonts available without an upgrade to the premium plan.

Rand L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

I love Lucidress

Reviewed on 13/1/2019

Pros

I find Lucidpress so easy to use. A few years ago, I was actively looking for an online application to make flyers and posters to market my business. I couldn't find anything and I thought I might have to develop it myself. It seemed like such a necessary product. Then I suddenly stumbled upon Lucidpress. It was exactly what I was looking for. With just a few mouse clicks, a novice like me can make a professional looking flyer, saving me hundreds of dollars at a time.

Cons

Every once in a while, I select a feature that is only available if I upgrade to a premium subscription.

Michael M.
  • Industry: Photography

Wonderful options!!!

Reviewed on 22/2/2020

Lucid press takes care of a lot of set up issues and that I truly appreciate. There’s no arguments with the press offers the best

Pros

Wonderful options!!! The software as how it is set up makes life so easy for me to work with clients. The ease in which I can create is fantastic. It was so easy to train one of my employees in usingThe software. I recommend it to all my clients and friends because of the professional results and the ease of use that I get from the software

Cons

No cons it does what I want it to do and the end product looks great

Belinda M.

Lucidpress design champ

Reviewed on 28/9/2019

.I used this software severally when I first started writing and I must say, its one of the best design softwares out there. it made it less complicated and also fun creating the content I wanted for my presentations and even my writing.

Pros

Firstly, I'd like to say, I appreciate how easy it is to work on and how it allows me be more creative with my brand designs. I have used the software severally to design flyers and even the cover for one of my books. it is a very great tool for content creators and even office personnel.
“With its awesome wide variety of templates, you can easily create your wonderful ideas.

Cons

I tried using it on my Android phone but couldn't. Apparently, you can only use it on a PC and that is a limitation to me because there are times when I don't have my PC close bye and I need to quickly work on my phone and I can't access the software on my phone.

Rodney D.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy powerful platform

Reviewed on 22/2/2020

We use for posters, newsletters and magazines.

Pros

This software is by far the easiest and most powerful software we have used for newsletters and PR Sheets. We have tried numerous programs. Most with a higher price point and this has been the the best option for our PR Team.

Cons

Right now this has no flaws for.our use and we have had great luck with lucidpress

Shereen G.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Lucidpress is the best Publishing Platform I've ever used

Reviewed on 13/1/2019

I have done flyers, brochures, door hangers, business cards, and was starting a magazine for a ministry until they flaked out here recently. If I had more clients to work with, I'd be full-on with LucidPress as I enjoy using it for nearly everything.

Pros

I go a long way back, but this is, by far, the most user-friendly ever. I used to use Microsoft Publisher and all of that from back in the day, but this is one of the most USER-FRIENDLY ever.

Cons

Wish I had more clients so I can keep my subscription at all times.

Shelly R.

Overall I love Lucidpress but when you use it for making magazines or big files, it freezes up.

Reviewed on 18/6/2017

Pros

It's easy to use and I love that all of the dimensions for social media are pre-set. I know everything I do is the right size.

Cons

It freezes when making big files so when making magazines or something with several pages, it's very frustrating.

Kristen P.

Works great for our CrossFit Box

Reviewed on 22/2/2020

I found LucidPress while looking for a program that would help our business make a monthly newsletter for our members. I tried the free version and was hooked and decided it was the best choice to get the Pro version. Then I realized I can do so much more than just newsletters with this and so user friendly. I love how it doesn't limit my own creativity. It just expanses it.

Pros

I love that it is very similar to a PrintShop version I use to use in the late 90s, while in high school to make a monthly newsletter. It is so easy to use and does everything that I need it to do from making newsletters, promotion flyers, gift certificates, punch cards, and more!

Cons

I honestly have no dislikes at all. This software does everything I need it to do.

Lucas M.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

A simple, light and uncomplicated image editing software

Reviewed on 31/5/2020

A much lighter equivalent of image design softwares.

Pros

SImple and very resource-light image editor, has most of the tools and effects non-designers would need to make fliers for a small business

Cons

The free version lacks some significant features, that are completely absent of quite limited in comparison to their paid counterparts, however that is completely understandable from a product selling point of view. Also can present a few glitches to users, but these usually get fixed in a couple updates

Sangeeta N.
  • Industry: Market Research

Stylish documents can be created in easiest way.

Reviewed on 17/6/2017

I could prepare my reports easily and can access them from anywhere on cloud.

Pros

Easy to use. As one will move the cursor, it will be easy to understand and k now the functionality.

Cons

Separate subscription is required for lucidpress, lucidchart and other segments. I hope there will be a whole package in future.

Beverly A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Desktop Publishing Software

Reviewed on 28/4/2019

Pros

Lucidpress is a wonderful desktop publishing software. You can create so many items from banners to newsletters. This is a fun software to create almost anything. It is great for individuals as well as small businesses. . There are several templates you can choose from. Its very easy to use.

Cons

You will have to upgrade to get the complete advantages of this software. Great place to start creating your new ideas.

Alexandra S.

Lucidpress is easy to use but sometimes is missing basic functions

Reviewed on 19/6/2017

We use it to create our yearbook, our posters, our custom in-class material, our marketing material and even instagram posts.

Pros

It's simple navigation and drop in options for the images. Great templates, relevant and functional and well designed.

Cons

Limits on fonts, styles, colours and how much back and forthing has to be done. Imaging needs to be better organized as well, if you are doing an image heavy document it is so time consuming to constantly scroll through images.It would also be great to have bleeds and grids visible OVER work you are doing, they are useless if they disappear as soon as you add a background colour or images

Andrew S.
  • Industry: Sports

It's been great.

Reviewed on 17/6/2017

Able to create lots of documents.

Pros

Can be used for just about everything for our business from creating logos to our cutomers to creating templates.

Cons

Could be a little more user friendly, not always easy to figure out how to do certain actions at times.

Luke A.

Largely pleasant

Reviewed on 19/6/2017

Pros

I can use it with any device and am able to produce pretty much anything for my line of work - leaflets, flyers, newsletters.

Cons

It isn't the most flexible e.g. I'm not able to amend the colour of existing logos for leaflets or social media imagery.

Calia H.

Great program, easy to use

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

Pros

- Has a variety of templates for posters, cards, flyers
- Editing templates/creating your document is very easy

Cons

Could put some hints on like, don't forget to add a bleed if you are getting this professionally prinnted

Carolyn W.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

The program is intuitive and the output looks great.

Reviewed on 19/6/2017

Our Marketing and Communications team can create brand standards that the rest of the organization can use.

Pros

Having the ability to share documents and templates and how easy it is to use. Our team loves sharing documents with one another to get feedback and share ideas.

Cons

When you move pages around they no longer link to the next page (for text flow) so you have to re-set it up.

Diane H.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Great value and functionality

Reviewed on 4/1/2019

I use Lucidpress to produce monthly portfolio lists for my wholesale wine business

Pros

Ease of use, continuing improvements, storage of documents, low cost

Cons

So far, there is nothing that I do not like

Caroline R.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Lucidpress for linesheets

Reviewed on 13/1/2019

Pros

I have continued to use this program year after year for creating linesheets for my clothing line, and have loved how easy it is to use. I can create any layout I want with a variety of font options.

Cons

They used to offer more storage space for images, etc., but now want you to upgrade to the paid version once you use up the more limited storage. I don't have a problem paying a little for the program, but the jump from the free program to the paid version is really drastic when all I need is a little more storage.

Cees H.
  • Industry: Sports

Great solution

Reviewed on 6/1/2019

Easy to use, great results, free version is great, affordable price for premium. Maybe just to much in-app selking.

Pros

Comparing with other software Lucidpress is an affordable alternative in designing. Even the free version is great.

Cons

I miss a function ( or didn't discover it yet) to copy designs to start a new design based on the copy.

Sabin M.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 1+ year

Useful product

Reviewed on 28/2/2020

After using Lucidpress, I could publish magazines without any outside help. It really is a wonderful solution for an organization with limited budget and resources.

Pros

The product is very easy to use, even for a first timer. The tools are nicely displayed and variety of each tool is amazing... inspires creativity

Cons

Sometimes the fonts don’t load properly.

Andrea L.
  • Industry: Design

Amazing and super easy

Reviewed on 20/6/2017

I can have my team to work in things that are usually complicated and this product makes it easy and fun.

Pros

That I can get ideas how to get stuffs done. Is easy for my team to follow and get things done on time.

Cons

I will like to have more templates. And more options for animations. But I like this software is quick and easy

Bailey D.

Enjoy using Lucid press - it's my go to online flyer creater

Reviewed on 19/6/2017

Pros

I like how easy and straight-forward it is to use, the templates make it very easy to start a project

Cons

Finding some of the hidden functions in the expanded areas on the right hand side - they aren't spelled out so I usually end up Googling how to do it then find it.

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

Easily create visual and attractive material

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

It is a good tool to show in a more attractive way short reports with support of images and dynamic typography. When staff training workshops (training) are held, the material to be used to support the workshop is easily done with this program.

Pros

Like Lucidchart, it has multiple preloaded options and multiple templates for the preparation of brochures, dynamic reports and creative templates. It is easy and simple to use, the design is selected, the templates are taken from the menu or some photo or support material is uploaded and the document is saved, this can be exported in pdf or shared through the web.

Cons

You must have a good bandwidth to use the program since it only works with the internet, in the case that a job is being done and the connection is lost, it is likely that some edition will be lost.