CamScanner

Abid S.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

The Best Documents Scanning Tool

Reviewed on 25/7/2021

I am completely satisfied with the working and features of CamScanner and i am using it from last 5 years for scanning documents for official and personal use.

Pros

With CamScanner there is no need of scanner device because now your mobile camera is your scanner and you can easily scan any documents anywhere. You can also extract texts from scanned images very easily and share them with your desired audience. Other best features of CamScanner includes document settings, PDF conversion and import to gallery. You can also digitised your notes instead of keeping them in hard form without any hasstle.

Cons

Every documents which scanned via CamScanner contains name of CamScanner written in the footer of scanning which i think should be remove other than that i am satisfied with the working and features of CamScanner.

Anwar H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

It Is Terribly Good App For Mobiles..

Reviewed on 31/7/2021

Incredible application. So far this is the best Android Mobile scanner I've run over. I'm anticipating opening a greater amount of your highlights. my Son sends his Project to the teacher as a result of this application! Numerous Teachers gripe to send in a pdf and this aides Soo much!
It permits a portion of a Lot of photos, and the altering (colors) is spotless. energetically suggest

Pros

I've had individuals in the organization ask me what I use to transfer my records since I didn't have a genuine scanner. They were intrigued by this application, too. Tidies and fixes things up everything looks truly overall quite clean and like I utilized a scanner!

Cons

It has plenty of channels that make the output appear as though it was filtered by a printer. Furthermore, the tools are not difficult to utilize! Is basic and great. I can import different photographs and save time changing them over to pdfs

Chaotic U.
  • Industry: Animation

Such a good discovery

Reviewed on 30/12/2021

Pros

Free scanning software! If you don't have a scanner at home, office, etc this is a great solution. Can scan so easy and has the feature to convert it to a pdf or jpg.

Cons

You have to pay to get even more features like turn it into a word document which would be great and even take the watermark. The quality is a little bit bad but considering is free is understandable.

Joel B.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

CamScanner and my work

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

When sharing PDF files, they are exported with a watermark, so each user must evaluate accessing the premium option, which also removes all advertising.
In my work, many times my documents cannot have a watermark, so I have looked for other solutions.

Pros

The application has a free version and offers the necessary features to work. It detects the document to be scanned very well, the auto-cropping is smart and the filters are good.

Cons

The interface could improve order and clarity when sharing and saving scanned files. In addition, several options will require an account and the premium version, so continuing with the application will depend on each user.

Syed faizan A.
  • Industry: Accounting

Helper in online Exams

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Pros

CamScanner is a free application that can be installed through play store on Android. It is very advantageous for scanning pictures. In online exams, it saves my time in making a pdf file. CamScanner also gives option to write and rename the file title. If my file becomes too large, I simply compress it to reduces the file size into half of it. It allows to share the picture as JPEG and pdf format. It automatically crop the required area of the image. Some other features are editing the documents, import file from gallery and save the file into gallery.

Cons

It is a free application but some features are only available if I upgrade it to premium.

Aldo M.

The best scanner ever.

Reviewed on 21/6/2021

Pros

High quality image and has many tools for anything. It's AMAZING.

Cons

Sometimes i had faced crashes and freezing, but it isn't recurring.

Sebastián A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

A super scanner in your hand

Reviewed on 19/9/2021

In general I have had a very good experience with this application. It has gotten me out of a lot of trouble and today I have it as a priority for all scans, even on important documents.

Pros

I really like the application itself. No longer having to have a cluttered and constantly breaking scanner is wonderful. Having this function in your hand saves you a lot of time and money

Cons

What I like the least is that sometimes it takes time to capture the image correctly or it becomes out of adjustment, having to take the photo again.

Rajkumar B.
  • Industry: Accounting

Cam Scanner Review

Reviewed on 19/1/2022

Pros

it is very helpful for me doing scanning documents. It has various features like as;
you can change the color as you want, easily conversion to pdf which is very effective for your work. So it is very handy to use.

Cons

Sometimes ads comes when using this app. And sometimes i feel some stuck. Otherwise it is very useful.

Thayanne T.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Scanning documents with your mobile phone

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

Pros

Free download, easy access and convenience for day to day use for document scanning over the phone. A smart scanning app.

Cons

You must be careful with documents, some users complain that there are malicious items in the application and problems in the library. The famous malware is on the loose on Android.

Melita M.

Great Tool for E-learning

Reviewed on 3/12/2021

Pros

The best feature is the fact that all scanned images can be saved into a single PDF file. It was extremely helpful for multi-page college assignments. The available filters to make documents more legible were also very useful.

Cons

The user interface could perhaps be a bit more streamlined. It took a bit of trial and error at the beginning for me to understand how to connect different photos to the same PDF.

Raj K.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Ideal Scanner and Document Organizer

Reviewed on 6/6/2021

Overall, Camscanner helped me get rid of manual scanners and helped me quickly scan documents, efficient storage and fast retrieval. I found the software quite helpful in creating my document repository. My camera is my scanner, and my handheld devices are my office filing system, and I feel powerful. I don't need a bulky office file management system for my important documents. My office moves with me. I can convert lousy pages into professional-looking documents. I can share my documents with my team quickly. The best part is that it does the job much better than any of the competing products.

Pros

1. It automatically scans your documents and converts the scanned documents with batch processing, where you don't have to do repetitive iterations.
2. The most impactful feature is its ability to apply magic color effects to highlight the document content.
3. Another great feature is the searchability option among tour scanned images.
4. You can group your documents the way you want for easy and quick retrieval.
5. It allows you to import documents and images from other apps and seamlessly convert them into a searchable document repository.
6. You can save your files on the cloud and retrieve them from anywhere.
7. It integrates well with other leading software like Adobe PDF and MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
8. You can directly share the documents whenever you want.
9. The interface is user-friendly and intuitive. It lists relevant options to reset, edit, adjust, and crop.
10. You can even straighten slant images and convert difficult-to-read images into readable stuff.

Cons

1. Sometimes, batch processing or auto conversion of documents crops the important portions of your documents, and you need to adjust every page again. Sometimes you don't even know that auto-cropping removed something, so it needs some improvements.
2. If you try to import multiple PDF files, it does not work at all.
3. Sometimes auto highlight feature increases or decreases brightness too much. Sometimes you do not want a dark background, and there is no way to remove it.
4. It may be useful to convert a scanned document directly into an editable word file with OCR.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Camscanner-my perfect document scanner

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

Pros

It is the most easiest app for scanning the document which can be converted into jepg ,pdf format i have submitted many assignment using this app. It is worth for time and money. It can be used by any level person for scanning the document.We can use cropping effect colouring effect as per our choice.

Cons

As I am being the regular user of the app i liked the app very much but sometime when i autocrop my potrait document it turned out in landscape form and frequent pop up of subscription ad

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A useful tool for students.

Reviewed on 4/3/2021

My overall experience with camscanner is excellent . I use this on daily basis as I have to submit my assignments via mail,so scanning handwritten assignment by camscanner is easy and simple .It is a very handy tool for students like me. Overall camscanner is best and satisfactory for students.

Pros

very handy tool. Best quality pdf can be created. filters can be used to customise the document scanned.multiple pages can be scanned on batch mode that is a good feature.I use camscanner in daily basis and i am satisfied with its features and I also had recommended it to my colleagues and friends.

Cons

It has very less cons so far.One of them is that the watermarks can't be removed in free version.and the documents are to be edited individually in batch mode also.that is a bit time consuming. Premium version is a bit costly for students like me.

Marcie G.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great product a little pricey for personal use.

Reviewed on 30/1/2021

My overall experience with cam scanner has been excellent. I see the value in each of the features offered. I only wish I could have gotten more done during the 3-day free trial. I think the price is a little too high for me to keep the app for home use. After I cancel my free trial, maybe I will be presented with other less expensive options or find a promo code? If not I think I will find a free app with fewer features for home use.

Pros

My Husband used CamScanner daily at his previous job to send time sheets & other docs to the office from the field. He raved about it, saying you could turn anything into a PDF, attach pics & then send it directly from the app. He is not a tech person, so this says a lot about the ease of use. So, I signed up for the free trial to scan in some IDs & documents at home. I also used the e-signiture feature. I found it super easy to learn & use. There is an array of useful features ie. Collage so I can condense multiple pages of a contract into one. Encryption, to safely send sensitive documents & the list just goes on. If you have allot of this to do I would definitely recommend CamScanner.

Cons

For home or personal use I think the premium price is a little high unless you have enough to do to justify the price. They do however have a system of earning credits that can be exchanged for premium services over time. I don't completely understand how the program works so I don't want to comment on that too much. If you are using the application for a business I think the price is more than justified. I was only given the option to start a free trial for 3 days then pay the premium price of 49-ish dollars.

Rachel M.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Cam Scanner

Reviewed on 15/8/2021

Able to store my articles for future reference in the cloud and in case they are deleted on my mobile device plus it saves on storage space this way.

Pros

It is clear when scanning a document. And it has affordable packages depending on one's ability. What I love about Camscanner is the fact that it's mobile and doesn't require one carrying a printer when i want to scan my documents. As a Content Writer, I use CamScanner to store the articles i have written them it in the cloud and can get access to them at any time.

Cons

The only disadvantage is having a CamScanner watermark when using the free version.

Sandeep T.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Easy way to transform data and informations

Reviewed on 25/6/2021

It was awesome and still is. I being a student has to depend a lot on Camscanner. It was easy to operate and is versatile while sharing. Even when the picture data was not clear, Camscanner's MagicText used to make it clear which was life saving.

Pros

The way it allows us to convert pictures into pdf is the most valuable function. It uses lesser space so is compatible to various devices. The color fonts and trimming or cropping option are so advanced and can be modified as you like. It can convert pictures to word , excel, ppt, doc and many more. It has got functionality to save the created file in the software itself and has an easy option to share the formed files instantly to various platforms. The usage is so versatile various people prefer and recommend CamScanner.

Cons

The cons for the software is we cant access to other functions of not upgraded to pro version. It takes a bit longer time to transform files. Sometimes in old devices it gets crash which leads to loss of the progress.

• Industry: Industrial Automation

Free mobile application for scanning documents

Reviewed on 27/4/2021

I used this app since last 1-2 years and I think I am not facing any kind of difficulty in it.

Pros

CamScanner is best application for scanning your documents and share the image as pdf or jpeg format. It has another fabulous option that it can convert your photo into text. You can scan multiple pages in a single file and directly convert into pdf through one click only. It has multiple features such as editing the documents, import from gallery, save to gallery, rename the file and many more. You can also make a collage of multiple pages in different templates. It gives you the clear scanning result in different filters.

Cons

Some features of CamScanner is only accessible by upgrading the app into premium and gold after paying the subscription fees.

Scanning Documents Made Easy!

Reviewed on 21/1/2021

I am extremely satisfied when using CamScanner a really hassle-free and quick way to scan documents. Would definitely recommend it to others.

Pros

It is very quick to scan and share documents by just clicking photos of the documents, very helpful to scan documents on the go. The fact that we can apply different filters which best suit our need is awesome. It also supports sharing of the document to various other messenger platforms and email which is very useful.

Cons

There is a CamScanner logo at the bottom of the document if we use the free version of the application, it would be good if that could be removed, as it sometimes interferes with the document.

Ali qammar R.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Scan and convert your documents to PDF on the Go!!!

Reviewed on 6/9/2021

Overall Experience is great so far.

Pros

It lets users to take a picture of their documents and convert them into one pdf file with ease. There are different features that you can use including which type of document you want to scan e.g. ID card, Single pager document, Batch, Book, Question Book, QR code etc etc. File conversion options are also available in CamScanner. It pretty much fulfills all the needs of a corporate employee.

Cons

Sometimes the application crashes on iphone. Especially after recent upgrade to new iOS version 14.7.1.

Olea Z.
  • Industry: Banking

Useful solutions even for even for personal needs

Reviewed on 16/2/2021

Mostly, I'm using this application when I'm not in the office and or I don't have access to the scanner, and I like that I can have the scanner with me wherever I am.

Pros

I’m impressed that having only CamScanner app and a phone camera I can scan any type of paper documents (checks, notes, invoices, discussion boards, business cards, certificates, etc.). Usually, I use this app for work, and I’m grateful to have such an intelligent solution. Now, having only a cell phone we can use it as a multifunction scanner.
Sometimes I use to gather all my checks from shopping in one place and calculate monthly expenses integrating them into an Excel document, which also is an amazing feature for me.

Cons

I can't say anything I wouldn't like. One thing is for sure, every day I discover some new features that I would like to apply in practice.

Maciej N.

The best phone scanner app

Reviewed on 7/2/2021

I am using CamScanner on a daily basis since 2013. Have testes the competition and nothing even comes near it for my needs.

Pros

CamScanner is unbeaten in scanning documents with your phone. The quality of converting photos to scan-like images is exceptional. And recently they have upgraded their file management system.

Cons

I would love to see OneDrive/Google Drive integration. They are offering space in their cloud service, but it would be even more useful when you could integrate it with other cloud services.

• Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Cam Scanner- scan documents looks like original

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

I have been using this tool since last three years and I did not shift to any other tool. The answer is very simple, because I did not find any tool better than Cam Scanner. It is fulfilling my all requirements and I am a much satisfied user of this handy tool. Bravo from my side.

Pros

I am a part-time teacher, I always use Cam Scanner to scan notes and assignments for my students using Cam Scanner. It's an amazing tool that gives a very clear image after scanning any documents. It works very fast and scanned documents can be shared anywhere. The most interesting thing for me is that I can adjust the scan area of my selected document. I take a random image and make it clear with this awesome tool and share it.

Cons

Some times ads start running frequently, it makes user frustrated. Otherwise this tool does not have any cons. It's pretty much user friendly.

Jessica G.
  • Used for 2+ years

Fast and easy mobile scanning application!

Reviewed on 15/7/2021

I have recommended Camscan to coworkers who wish to quickly document student work, answer keys, or lesson plans for online safe-keeping.

Pros

I love using Camscan as an educator because it allows me to quickly document things and send that documentation on to my email or Google Drive. I began using this application years ago to scan pictures of student work. I could then save those scanned work samples in folders on Google Drive in order to discuss them and pull them up quickly at parent-teacher conferences.

I have also used this app for personal matters such as scanning important tax documents or school dimploas and professional certificates.

Cons

I dislike the fact that you must pay to have the Camscan watermark removed from scans. At times, the watermark covers important parts of the document and can be an inconvenience.

• Industry: Media Production

One of the perfect document scanner for Mobile Phone

Reviewed on 9/7/2021

It was amazing but it cause issues at it picks shadows as well as while scanning.

Pros

The Scan quality can easily beat any native big scanners nowadays. We have been using a cam scanner for a very long time now as most of the work has gone online due to the current pandemic. Most of our employees don't have scanners to scan documents at their homes so we were a bit dependent on CamScanner.

Cons

It is banned in India due to privacy issues.

Besim D.
  • Industry: Design

Amazing app for my use!

Reviewed on 16/6/2021

My overall experience is just great. It is very easy to use and does not get much of time to scan the documents. Really appreciate this app!

Pros

What I like most about this the ease of use and the good quality of the pictures. Of course the camera should be at its best but this tool has some of the best filters that I have used so far. And also, there is a lot of room of improvement and I hope they keep up.

Cons

What I dont like about this is the ability to join or merge two existing PDFs. Maybe I am wrong but I have tried my best to look for that option for quite some time in this app but I could not find it.