CamScanner

4.2/5

Antonio

Goodbye scanner!

Reviewed on 8/7/2022

I can't say anything against the product. You do not need to have a scanner, with your mobile phone and the application you can scan whatever you need. Moreover, you can share the scanned documents through the application.

Pros

It is an application that you can't have on your device. How many times do you need to "digitalize" a document? How many times must you scan a document? And, with smart working, with the people not more in the same physical location, exchanging documents is the normality. CamScanner is the response to all of these needs.
On top of the features, the product is easy to use: you can quickly and easily scan a document and send it.

Cons

The free version does not let you remove the watermark. This is the main limitation of the free product that you can overcome by buying the license.

Easily turn your phone into a scanner

Reviewed on 19/7/2022

I liked it very much, and it is easy to use and very fast in dealing with images and extracting them for you with the desired result, helped me to keep many important papers and documents in high quality in my phone

Pros

Many times we are in an academic or professional place and we want to keep a copy of important documents and papers, and because we do not have a scanner, we cannot keep them in a high copy, and at that moment we photograph them using the phone only, but they are very bad due to their poor quality, then CamScanner application came to solve this is the problem.
It captures high-quality documents that are close to the quality of desktop scanners, and converts them to PDF documents. It contains smart tools such as cropping and automatic optimization of images and texts, to improve the quality of scanning, and images with high accuracy and true colors are obtained.
Also of the important features is that it provides the ability to modify and name the document, secure important files through a strong password to protect them and prevent intrusion on them, and these digital files can be shared over the Internet with others smoothly.
The program is free and can be synced to multiple devices

Cons

The free version is full of ads that make it impossible to use and very annoying at times when we are in a hurry

Ian
  • Industry: Entertainment

SHAME on YOU CAM SCAMMER

Reviewed on 3/7/2022

Cons

There is predatory advertising which YOU HAVE ALLOWED in the free version, which is a mimic of the working screen. When clicked, it takes you to an investment site. These people should not be allowed to do this. Sure, there are small letters saying advertisement but when you’re on the go, you click it thinking your are actually using the app but are taken to another site which is SAXO INVESTMENTS. Do something about this please! I have screen shots and an happy to share

oumayma

Camscanner Review

Reviewed on 29/6/2022

On my part, a very good discovery that has greatly facilitated my work and the sending of scanned documents. I highly recommend camscanner

Pros

This application is a life saver to me, it has helped me a lot at work. A very good value for money with an extreme simplicity of use. The application can be used by cell phone, making it easy to work anywhere.
It allows the sharing of information in scanned documents without the need to type them. I highly recommend it.

Cons

I think there is many ads in the free version. and the name of the brand that must be specified below each document.

Darina

Scanning with a camera

Reviewed on 5/8/2022

Pros

I'm amazed by the opportunity to have portable and easy to use scanner in my pocket, on my phone! It very useful for scanning, aligning, printing and editing documents. The greatest feature of it is that it is free. It is affordable for all regular users and can be easily upgraded with paid features when needed. I find it useful to be able to arrange the photos of documents and of other paper work in folders. I have used it successfully to store and classify my paper notes while studying.

Cons

In some cases, photos that I'm taking one after another are getting automatically sorted togetger in a separate folder by the app. I would like the app to have a feature for choosing whete to add the new photos to.

Cam scanner review

Reviewed on 20/7/2022

i started using this app in 2015 when my manager want every sheet of paper should save in my computer. Therefore, I found this app as a tool to change my paper work to software documents easilly.

Pros

I like the way this app converting the picture from my camera roll to pdf

Cons

to be frank it is not serious thing, i find difficulty to save the documents

Aubrianna

Camscanner works

Reviewed on 21/7/2022

I’ve used it for years and have no major complaints.

Pros

Ease of use would be the primary reason I have this app- I can scan documents in the fly and even during lessons.

Cons

Sometimes there are ads and they can pop up randomly while trying to scan quickly

Martha
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The way to go in a paperless world.

Reviewed on 30/6/2022

I use CamScanner to keep my signed certificates securely on the cloud.

Pros

I like CamScanner because it delivers its promise.
It captures images of printed documents and fine-tunes them to look like the original.
it can bring a skewed image into a good and straight shape and allow for light adjustments to perfect the final scanned copy.
It has a powerful OCR engine to convert the text on the scanned document into editable form.

Cons

The OCR loses accuracy if there is no internet connection.

Tania
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Very good scanner

Reviewed on 15/6/2022

Legibly document and sign important files

Pros

Apart from being easy to use, it can be saved in various formats

Cons

With nothing to add, I found no faults in this application

Raj
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Ideal Scanner and Document Organizer

Reviewed on 6/6/2021

Overall, Camscanner helped me get rid of manual scanners and helped me quickly scan documents, efficient storage and fast retrieval. I found the software quite helpful in creating my document repository. My camera is my scanner, and my handheld devices are my office filing system, and I feel powerful. I don't need a bulky office file management system for my important documents. My office moves with me. I can convert lousy pages into professional-looking documents. I can share my documents with my team quickly. The best part is that it does the job much better than any of the competing products.

Pros

1. It automatically scans your documents and converts the scanned documents with batch processing, where you don't have to do repetitive iterations.
2. The most impactful feature is its ability to apply magic color effects to highlight the document content.
3. Another great feature is the searchability option among tour scanned images.
4. You can group your documents the way you want for easy and quick retrieval.
5. It allows you to import documents and images from other apps and seamlessly convert them into a searchable document repository.
6. You can save your files on the cloud and retrieve them from anywhere.
7. It integrates well with other leading software like Adobe PDF and MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
8. You can directly share the documents whenever you want.
9. The interface is user-friendly and intuitive. It lists relevant options to reset, edit, adjust, and crop.
10. You can even straighten slant images and convert difficult-to-read images into readable stuff.

Cons

1. Sometimes, batch processing or auto conversion of documents crops the important portions of your documents, and you need to adjust every page again. Sometimes you don't even know that auto-cropping removed something, so it needs some improvements.
2. If you try to import multiple PDF files, it does not work at all.
3. Sometimes auto highlight feature increases or decreases brightness too much. Sometimes you do not want a dark background, and there is no way to remove it.
4. It may be useful to convert a scanned document directly into an editable word file with OCR.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Camscanner-my perfect document scanner

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

Pros

It is the most easiest app for scanning the document which can be converted into jepg ,pdf format i have submitted many assignment using this app. It is worth for time and money. It can be used by any level person for scanning the document.We can use cropping effect colouring effect as per our choice.

Cons

As I am being the regular user of the app i liked the app very much but sometime when i autocrop my potrait document it turned out in landscape form and frequent pop up of subscription ad

Abid
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

The Best Documents Scanning Tool

Reviewed on 25/7/2021

I am completely satisfied with the working and features of CamScanner and i am using it from last 5 years for scanning documents for official and personal use.

Pros

With CamScanner there is no need of scanner device because now your mobile camera is your scanner and you can easily scan any documents anywhere. You can also extract texts from scanned images very easily and share them with your desired audience. Other best features of CamScanner includes document settings, PDF conversion and import to gallery. You can also digitised your notes instead of keeping them in hard form without any hasstle.

Cons

Every documents which scanned via CamScanner contains name of CamScanner written in the footer of scanning which i think should be remove other than that i am satisfied with the working and features of CamScanner.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A useful tool for students.

Reviewed on 4/3/2021

My overall experience with camscanner is excellent . I use this on daily basis as I have to submit my assignments via mail,so scanning handwritten assignment by camscanner is easy and simple .It is a very handy tool for students like me. Overall camscanner is best and satisfactory for students.

Pros

very handy tool. Best quality pdf can be created. filters can be used to customise the document scanned.multiple pages can be scanned on batch mode that is a good feature.I use camscanner in daily basis and i am satisfied with its features and I also had recommended it to my colleagues and friends.

Cons

It has very less cons so far.One of them is that the watermarks can't be removed in free version.and the documents are to be edited individually in batch mode also.that is a bit time consuming. Premium version is a bit costly for students like me.

Marcie
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great product a little pricey for personal use.

Reviewed on 30/1/2021

My overall experience with cam scanner has been excellent. I see the value in each of the features offered. I only wish I could have gotten more done during the 3-day free trial. I think the price is a little too high for me to keep the app for home use. After I cancel my free trial, maybe I will be presented with other less expensive options or find a promo code? If not I think I will find a free app with fewer features for home use.

Pros

My Husband used CamScanner daily at his previous job to send time sheets & other docs to the office from the field. He raved about it, saying you could turn anything into a PDF, attach pics & then send it directly from the app. He is not a tech person, so this says a lot about the ease of use. So, I signed up for the free trial to scan in some IDs & documents at home. I also used the e-signiture feature. I found it super easy to learn & use. There is an array of useful features ie. Collage so I can condense multiple pages of a contract into one. Encryption, to safely send sensitive documents & the list just goes on. If you have allot of this to do I would definitely recommend CamScanner.

Cons

For home or personal use I think the premium price is a little high unless you have enough to do to justify the price. They do however have a system of earning credits that can be exchanged for premium services over time. I don't completely understand how the program works so I don't want to comment on that too much. If you are using the application for a business I think the price is more than justified. I was only given the option to start a free trial for 3 days then pay the premium price of 49-ish dollars.

Rachel
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Cam Scanner

Reviewed on 15/8/2021

Able to store my articles for future reference in the cloud and in case they are deleted on my mobile device plus it saves on storage space this way.

Pros

It is clear when scanning a document. And it has affordable packages depending on one's ability. What I love about Camscanner is the fact that it's mobile and doesn't require one carrying a printer when i want to scan my documents. As a Content Writer, I use CamScanner to store the articles i have written them it in the cloud and can get access to them at any time.

Cons

The only disadvantage is having a CamScanner watermark when using the free version.

Sandeep
  • Industry: Veterinary

Easy way to transform data and informations

Reviewed on 25/6/2021

It was awesome and still is. I being a student has to depend a lot on Camscanner. It was easy to operate and is versatile while sharing. Even when the picture data was not clear, Camscanner's MagicText used to make it clear which was life saving.

Pros

The way it allows us to convert pictures into pdf is the most valuable function. It uses lesser space so is compatible to various devices. The color fonts and trimming or cropping option are so advanced and can be modified as you like. It can convert pictures to word , excel, ppt, doc and many more. It has got functionality to save the created file in the software itself and has an easy option to share the formed files instantly to various platforms. The usage is so versatile various people prefer and recommend CamScanner.

Cons

The cons for the software is we cant access to other functions of not upgraded to pro version. It takes a bit longer time to transform files. Sometimes in old devices it gets crash which leads to loss of the progress.

• Industry: Industrial Automation

Free mobile application for scanning documents

Reviewed on 27/4/2021

I used this app since last 1-2 years and I think I am not facing any kind of difficulty in it.

Pros

CamScanner is best application for scanning your documents and share the image as pdf or jpeg format. It has another fabulous option that it can convert your photo into text. You can scan multiple pages in a single file and directly convert into pdf through one click only. It has multiple features such as editing the documents, import from gallery, save to gallery, rename the file and many more. You can also make a collage of multiple pages in different templates. It gives you the clear scanning result in different filters.

Cons

Some features of CamScanner is only accessible by upgrading the app into premium and gold after paying the subscription fees.

Elizabeth Michelle

CamScanner is Just Wow!

Reviewed on 28/5/2022

It has made sharing of receipts easier and reduced time spent typing documents by the use of OCR to extract texts from scanned documents.

Pros

1. Cam Scanner is easy to use and affordable. In fact, one can get a lifetime permit of the app at 299$.
2. Converting some of the scanned documents into editable text documents has saved me a lot of typing time.
3. Super excited to convert my scanned documents into PDF before sharing.
4. The free version of Camscanner also has a good number of features.
5. I can use it wherever I am as long as I have my phone

Cons

Too many advertisemnets on the fremium one.

Scanning Documents Made Easy!

Reviewed on 21/1/2021

I am extremely satisfied when using CamScanner a really hassle-free and quick way to scan documents. Would definitely recommend it to others.

Pros

It is very quick to scan and share documents by just clicking photos of the documents, very helpful to scan documents on the go. The fact that we can apply different filters which best suit our need is awesome. It also supports sharing of the document to various other messenger platforms and email which is very useful.

Cons

There is a CamScanner logo at the bottom of the document if we use the free version of the application, it would be good if that could be removed, as it sometimes interferes with the document.

Ali Qammar
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Scan and convert your documents to PDF on the Go!!!

Reviewed on 6/9/2021

Overall Experience is great so far.

Pros

It lets users to take a picture of their documents and convert them into one pdf file with ease. There are different features that you can use including which type of document you want to scan e.g. ID card, Single pager document, Batch, Book, Question Book, QR code etc etc. File conversion options are also available in CamScanner. It pretty much fulfills all the needs of a corporate employee.

Cons

Sometimes the application crashes on iphone. Especially after recent upgrade to new iOS version 14.7.1.

Olea
  • Industry: Banking

Useful solutions even for even for personal needs

Reviewed on 16/2/2021

Mostly, I'm using this application when I'm not in the office and or I don't have access to the scanner, and I like that I can have the scanner with me wherever I am.

Pros

I’m impressed that having only CamScanner app and a phone camera I can scan any type of paper documents (checks, notes, invoices, discussion boards, business cards, certificates, etc.). Usually, I use this app for work, and I’m grateful to have such an intelligent solution. Now, having only a cell phone we can use it as a multifunction scanner.
Sometimes I use to gather all my checks from shopping in one place and calculate monthly expenses integrating them into an Excel document, which also is an amazing feature for me.

Cons

I can't say anything I wouldn't like. One thing is for sure, every day I discover some new features that I would like to apply in practice.

• Industry: Management Consulting

The best app according to me for scanning!

Reviewed on 31/1/2022

My overall experience with CamScanner has been wonderful in-terms of the utility and the convenience of usage.

Pros

The most I like about this software is the fact that the ease through which I could scan my required stuff and the way the unwanted part on the images captured through the app gets eliminated and how the scanning is soo well done to obtain the enhanced end product which is the final scanned product. In case of a student account or a paid subscription, there's no watermark as well on the scanned documents and the app is absolutely free for use. I really appreciate the way this product treats students!!

Cons

The least I like about this software is the fact that the shadows aren't taken well care of and I really look forward to the enhanced version of this app with the shadows well taken care and the final scanned product being more clear.

Maciej

The best phone scanner app

Reviewed on 7/2/2021

I am using CamScanner on a daily basis since 2013. Have testes the competition and nothing even comes near it for my needs.

Pros

CamScanner is unbeaten in scanning documents with your phone. The quality of converting photos to scan-like images is exceptional. And recently they have upgraded their file management system.

Cons

I would love to see OneDrive/Google Drive integration. They are offering space in their cloud service, but it would be even more useful when you could integrate it with other cloud services.

Anwar
  • Industry: Hospitality

It Is Terribly Good App For Mobiles..

Reviewed on 31/7/2021

Incredible application. So far this is the best Android Mobile scanner I've run over. I'm anticipating opening a greater amount of your highlights. my Son sends his Project to the teacher as a result of this application! Numerous Teachers gripe to send in a pdf and this aides Soo much!
It permits a portion of a Lot of photos, and the altering (colors) is spotless. energetically suggest

Pros

I've had individuals in the organization ask me what I use to transfer my records since I didn't have a genuine scanner. They were intrigued by this application, too. Tidies and fixes things up everything looks truly overall quite clean and like I utilized a scanner!

Cons

It has plenty of channels that make the output appear as though it was filtered by a printer. Furthermore, the tools are not difficult to utilize! Is basic and great. I can import different photographs and save time changing them over to pdfs

Alexandre
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Best Scanner for your cell phone

Reviewed on 25/4/2022

My experience with this app was wonderful, as I don't have a scanner at home and during the pandemic, I had to urgently send documents for a selective process, so I researched and found good reviews about Camscanner.
After I used it for the first time, I fell in love with the quality and speed of scanning with my own cell phone. The user just needs to point and aim straight with the camera, and the application does the rest of the work with great quality.

Pros

1) The app has a free and paid version for Android and IOS. 2) Even with an average camera resolution, the application can deliver a good result. 3) Layout is easy and intuitive. 4) Just point the camera at the document you want to scan and you will have a scanner result. 5) You can scan multiple documents into a single file. 6) You can save your file in pdf, jpg and other file formats. 7) You can save your files on your device or in the cloud.

Cons

I didn't have any bad experience with the app, but if I had to scan a file that can't be watermarked, I would have to pay for the premium version