CamScanner

• Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

The Best Documents Scanning Tool

Reviewed on 25/7/2021

I am completely satisfied with the working and features of CamScanner and i am using it from last 5 years for scanning documents for official and personal use.

Pros

With CamScanner there is no need of scanner device because now your mobile camera is your scanner and you can easily scan any documents anywhere. You can also extract texts from scanned images very easily and share them with your desired audience. Other best features of CamScanner includes document settings, PDF conversion and import to gallery. You can also digitised your notes instead of keeping them in hard form without any hasstle.

Cons

Every documents which scanned via CamScanner contains name of CamScanner written in the footer of scanning which i think should be remove other than that i am satisfied with the working and features of CamScanner.

Steve
Steve
  • Industry: Translation & Localisation

Easy and useful to use

Reviewed on 9/4/2023

from its download to its scanning and editing process is easy, I highly recommend it because it saves a lot of time

Pros

scanning and editing very easily with my cell phone, it saves me a lot of time in these scanning processes with the documents I need, it's like just taking a photo and the application does the rest perfectly

Cons

There is nothing to improve or that I don't like, everything is so simple to use and works correctly that there are no words of displeasure

Ian
  • Industry: Entertainment

SHAME on YOU CAM SCAMMER

Reviewed on 3/7/2022

Cons

There is predatory advertising which YOU HAVE ALLOWED in the free version, which is a mimic of the working screen. When clicked, it takes you to an investment site. These people should not be allowed to do this. Sure, there are small letters saying advertisement but when you’re on the go, you click it thinking your are actually using the app but are taken to another site which is SAXO INVESTMENTS. Do something about this please! I have screen shots and an happy to share

Antonio
Antonio

Goodbye scanner!

Reviewed on 8/7/2022

I can't say anything against the product. You do not need to have a scanner, with your mobile phone and the application you can scan whatever you need. Moreover, you can share the scanned documents through the application.

Pros

It is an application that you can't have on your device. How many times do you need to "digitalize" a document? How many times must you scan a document? And, with smart working, with the people not more in the same physical location, exchanging documents is the normality. CamScanner is the response to all of these needs.
On top of the features, the product is easy to use: you can quickly and easily scan a document and send it.

Cons

The free version does not let you remove the watermark. This is the main limitation of the free product that you can overcome by buying the license.

Anwar
Anwar
  • Industry: Hospitality

It Is Terribly Good App For Mobiles..

Reviewed on 31/7/2021

Incredible application. So far this is the best Android Mobile scanner I've run over. I'm anticipating opening a greater amount of your highlights. my Son sends his Project to the teacher as a result of this application! Numerous Teachers gripe to send in a pdf and this aides Soo much!
It permits a portion of a Lot of photos, and the altering (colors) is spotless. energetically suggest

Pros

I've had individuals in the organization ask me what I use to transfer my records since I didn't have a genuine scanner. They were intrigued by this application, too. Tidies and fixes things up everything looks truly overall quite clean and like I utilized a scanner!

Cons

It has plenty of channels that make the output appear as though it was filtered by a printer. Furthermore, the tools are not difficult to utilize! Is basic and great. I can import different photographs and save time changing them over to pdfs

Onkar
Onkar

Best smartphone scanner application

Reviewed on 21/8/2022

Pros

- Adjust the scan quality so that the text is clear and crisp, also different filters can be applied on the pages of the document.
- Share scanned documents by sharing a link to the document, emailing it, or uploading it on social media like WhatsApp Or telegram.
- There are editing features and tools available for different uses. A passcode can be applied to protect documents.

Cons

- The trial version has a watermark, so you'll have to buy the premium version if you don't want the camscanner watermark on any of your scanned documents.
- Advertisements begin to flow across the screen while using the application, making it difficult for users to scan.

Darina
Darina

Scanning with a camera

Reviewed on 5/8/2022

Pros

I'm amazed by the opportunity to have portable and easy to use scanner in my pocket, on my phone! It very useful for scanning, aligning, printing and editing documents. The greatest feature of it is that it is free. It is affordable for all regular users and can be easily upgraded with paid features when needed. I find it useful to be able to arrange the photos of documents and of other paper work in folders. I have used it successfully to store and classify my paper notes while studying.

Cons

In some cases, photos that I'm taking one after another are getting automatically sorted togetger in a separate folder by the app. I would like the app to have a feature for choosing whete to add the new photos to.

Abhik
Abhik
  • Industry: Computer Networking

One of the best app that turns your mobile phone into a mini scanner.

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

I must agree that CamScanner is one of the best apps available to scan using a mobile phone camera.

Pros

The CamScanner detects the page boundaries correctly in most cases. It also allows selecting the page boundary manually and straightening the scanned page according to the boundary. The scanned files are also processed with AI-based technology to make them appear more real.

Cons

The free version of the software has too many limitations, and it shows lots of ads. The paid version comes with a monthly premium which is costly and many users can't afford it.

Syed Faizan
Syed Faizan
  • Industry: Accounting

Helper in online Exams

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Pros

CamScanner is a free application that can be installed through play store on Android. It is very advantageous for scanning pictures. In online exams, it saves my time in making a pdf file. CamScanner also gives option to write and rename the file title. If my file becomes too large, I simply compress it to reduces the file size into half of it. It allows to share the picture as JPEG and pdf format. It automatically crop the required area of the image. Some other features are editing the documents, import file from gallery and save the file into gallery.

Cons

It is a free application but some features are only available if I upgrade it to premium.

Aldo
Aldo

The best scanner ever.

Reviewed on 21/6/2021

Pros

High quality image and has many tools for anything. It's AMAZING.

Cons

Sometimes i had faced crashes and freezing, but it isn't recurring.

• Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Camscanner

Reviewed on 26/4/2023

CamScanner is a mobile app that lets you use your phone's camera to scan documents and save them as PDFs or JPGs. It's got a lot of features like batch scanning, Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and integration with cloud storage. Me and my friends think it's the best scanner app available and that it saves space by eliminating the need for bulky physical scanners. However, the text recognition feature can be disappointing.

Pros

I've found CamScanner to be a really useful tool for scanning documents while on the go. It's got some great features that make it really easy to use and the scanned documents come out looking great. One of the best things about it is that it can even convert photos into text.

Cons

However, there are a few downsides to using CamScanner. For example, there's a watermark on all scans unless you pay for the premium version. And if you use it a lot, you might run into some issues where the app freezes or crashes while scanning documents and you have to restart it. Also it is owned by China which has questionable privacy laws.

Rachel
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Cam Scanner

Reviewed on 15/8/2021

Able to store my articles for future reference in the cloud and in case they are deleted on my mobile device plus it saves on storage space this way.

Pros

It is clear when scanning a document. And it has affordable packages depending on one's ability. What I love about Camscanner is the fact that it's mobile and doesn't require one carrying a printer when i want to scan my documents. As a Content Writer, I use CamScanner to store the articles i have written them it in the cloud and can get access to them at any time.

Cons

The only disadvantage is having a CamScanner watermark when using the free version.

• Industry: Industrial Automation

Free mobile application for scanning documents

Reviewed on 27/4/2021

I used this app since last 1-2 years and I think I am not facing any kind of difficulty in it.

Pros

CamScanner is best application for scanning your documents and share the image as pdf or jpeg format. It has another fabulous option that it can convert your photo into text. You can scan multiple pages in a single file and directly convert into pdf through one click only. It has multiple features such as editing the documents, import from gallery, save to gallery, rename the file and many more. You can also make a collage of multiple pages in different templates. It gives you the clear scanning result in different filters.

Cons

Some features of CamScanner is only accessible by upgrading the app into premium and gold after paying the subscription fees.

Morale Ugan
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Picture to pdf

Reviewed on 1/11/2022

It's a great experience, everyone is allowed to use and create their own documents in the order that they wish to.

Pros

You are able to convert any picture to pdf. If you have to written your assignment or presentation down and you are lazy to type on your laptop, you can just use the app to scan your document and convert it to pdf. The free version works as good as the premium.

Cons

If you are using a free version, all your documents will show that you used camscanner at the bottom and you have to purchase a pack to remove it. Other than that it is all good no complains.

Scanning Documents Made Easy!

Reviewed on 21/1/2021

I am extremely satisfied when using CamScanner a really hassle-free and quick way to scan documents. Would definitely recommend it to others.

Pros

It is very quick to scan and share documents by just clicking photos of the documents, very helpful to scan documents on the go. The fact that we can apply different filters which best suit our need is awesome. It also supports sharing of the document to various other messenger platforms and email which is very useful.

Cons

There is a CamScanner logo at the bottom of the document if we use the free version of the application, it would be good if that could be removed, as it sometimes interferes with the document.

CanScanner is a useful tool.

Reviewed on 3/2/2023

CamScanner is a useful tool for digitizing their paper documents and making them more accessible and manageable.

Pros

CamScanner is a mobile app that provides several features to help users scan, store, and manage their documents. It allows users to digitize paper documents, receipts, business cards, and more, using their mobile device's camera. Furthermore, this app makes it possible to quickly capture information from scanned documents and transfer it to other applications or devices. Also, it allows users to convert scanned images or PDFs into editable formats like Word, Excel, or PPT.

Cons

CamScanner provides some basic text editing capabilities, it may not have the full range of editing tools that some users need. For example, users who need to make complex changes to documents may need to use a different app or software.

Jen
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Best free scanner

Reviewed on 31/3/2023

Super easy way to scan things from anywhere.

Super easy way to scan things from anywhere.

Pros

I love how good the quality turns out and all the options to brighten the doc or leave it as is, plus editing (turn or clip the image to clean it up). I use the free version only.

Cons

Sometimes it will scan the doc and think I want it oriented the other direction - like I will be scanning normal 8 1/2 x 11 papers, and most in the batch will be upright, and even though I did not move the phone while taking photos, it will glitch and start reading them landscape instead of portrait direction. It's not a huge deal because I can turn them in the edit before I save it as a PDF.

• Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Cam Scanner- scan documents looks like original

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

I have been using this tool since last three years and I did not shift to any other tool. The answer is very simple, because I did not find any tool better than Cam Scanner. It is fulfilling my all requirements and I am a much satisfied user of this handy tool. Bravo from my side.

Pros

I am a part-time teacher, I always use Cam Scanner to scan notes and assignments for my students using Cam Scanner. It's an amazing tool that gives a very clear image after scanning any documents. It works very fast and scanned documents can be shared anywhere. The most interesting thing for me is that I can adjust the scan area of my selected document. I take a random image and make it clear with this awesome tool and share it.

Cons

Some times ads start running frequently, it makes user frustrated. Otherwise this tool does not have any cons. It's pretty much user friendly.

Jessica
Jessica
  • Used for 2+ years

Fast and easy mobile scanning application!

Reviewed on 15/7/2021

I have recommended Camscan to coworkers who wish to quickly document student work, answer keys, or lesson plans for online safe-keeping.

Pros

I love using Camscan as an educator because it allows me to quickly document things and send that documentation on to my email or Google Drive. I began using this application years ago to scan pictures of student work. I could then save those scanned work samples in folders on Google Drive in order to discuss them and pull them up quickly at parent-teacher conferences.

I have also used this app for personal matters such as scanning important tax documents or school dimploas and professional certificates.

Cons

I dislike the fact that you must pay to have the Camscan watermark removed from scans. At times, the watermark covers important parts of the document and can be an inconvenience.

Umair

CamScanner- Scan Document Anytime

Reviewed on 18/2/2023

It is a great tool to scan your document anytime and anywhere without any hurdles or hesitation. No additional system requirement. A free trial is also available and can be used easily. It's a great tool with a very low price.

Pros

It's handy and user-friendly.The price is low so anyone can subscribe to this.Provide free trial as well.

Cons

Sometimes it creates problems in loading and takes some time.

Scanning Documents is now reliable!

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

According to my daily needs, it has many useful features that I can use.

According to my daily needs, it has many useful features that I can use.

Pros

Fast Scanning and can share documents with one click. Moreover, we can apply new filters according to our requirements sums it up. Sharing to different users is made simpler via multiple platforms.

Cons

Camscanner watermark is present at the bottom of every document while using free version or trial version of the application. It may look good if no watermark is present, as no interference will be made up with the document.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Scanning documents cant get faster or easier

Reviewed on 7/6/2021

Overall cam scanner is a great app that everyone should be using, it makes documents look professional compared to a simple photograph

Pros

The app is great it makes scanning quick and so convenient that it basically puts a physical scanner out of business. IT also offers multiple color tone option which helps in making the document look professionally scanned

Cons

so far the only con i found is that the app can get a little heavy on hardware and is prone to crashes and glitches on old hardware

Anand

Great option for a mobile document scanner on-the-go!

Reviewed on 14/3/2023

Pros

I really like how simple it is and how much easier it makes my life. I use it sometimes to scan in my office paper receipts and it works great! The document comes out clear, it's easy to export and it's got great OCR capabilities.

Cons

Nothing much. I like the app and it works well for me.

JOEL
  • Industry: Utilities

CamScanner and my work

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

When sharing PDF files, they are exported with a watermark, so each user must evaluate accessing the premium option, which also removes all advertising.
In my work, many times my documents cannot have a watermark, so I have looked for other solutions.

Pros

The application has a free version and offers the necessary features to work. It detects the document to be scanned very well, the auto-cropping is smart and the filters are good.

Cons

The interface could improve order and clarity when sharing and saving scanned files. In addition, several options will require an account and the premium version, so continuing with the application will depend on each user.

• Industry: Entertainment

Perfect for what it is but ALWAYS log in!

Reviewed on 29/6/2021

Overall, great product even in the free version, ads are easy enough to ignore, and aren't for anything too annoying. Just always always always log in, don't depend on the app to remind you.

Pros

I love cam scanner and use it on my phone for a lot of boring stuff I do for my job- scanning invoices especially (see what I mean about boring) and it does that perfectly.

Cons

The only con is that you haven't used the app for a while and aren't logged in, you can lose all your work. I spent 45 minutes scanning a series of documents but because I wasn't signed in, I lost it all.