Kapwing

Amanda
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Invaluable Product

Reviewed on 1/4/2022

It took me a while to learn what I need to use it. There are lots of features that I still don't understand, so I don't use them. Overall though, I love this website and software!

Pros

I can't live without this video editing software. It is invaluable to me as an independent voice teacher. I have young students and often need to shorten songs, tracks, and Mp4s, so being able to edit them to accommodate my students is awesome!

Cons

I wish there was a way to lower the volume on the vocals or take them out.

Cricri
Cricri

a really useful tool

Reviewed on 2/8/2022

Very useful tool to quickly transform your videos into shorts. Time saving and easy to use. Free version available. I recommend it.

Pros

Very easy to use, allows you to resize 16:9 format videos into short videos very quickly.
I like the fact that the visual can be easily seen again.

Cons

The picture quality is a bit worse than the original

Eldar

Kapwing can save you time with adding video subtitles

Reviewed on 25/5/2022

Kapwing has potential, and its feels the team of it is working on it with love and I believe its can get better

In any way it can save you significant time in positioning the subtitles in your video and this is my main use with the tool, it is better to edit the video in professional software and use Kapwing as an add-on to the subtitles job.

Pros

*The tool helps to create subtitles for a video automatically, with AI it detects the words of the person in the video and writes what he is saying, and it can be done with several languages including automatic translation into a different language from the one heard in the video. but you still have to check the subtitles boxes and fix the mistakes of the AI, any way it saves you time with the subtitles placing job on the video timeline.

*when you export a video it optimizes nicely the file size.
*you can download and upload srt file easily and apply it to the video.

Cons

*There are still some bugs especially with long videos you can suffer from not saving work with the subtitles or some subtitle parts that just disappear and it can cause double work, until it fixes I protect my work with downloading the srt file and upload it.

*Sometimes the editing tools there feel basic and messy compared to the familiar editing software, it is difficult to cut a specific in your video.

Amy
Amy
  • Industry: Higher Education

Excellent for generating subtitles

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

Made putting subtitles on my unscripted lectures viable. Without this softwear, I would have really struggled to provide subtitles on lectures I'd recorded without a fully pre-written script.

Pros

I only used to subtitling functions.
The auto generation of subtitles was excellent. While it did need correcting (although it got mendelian randomization right first try), having each phrase already set up with timestamps and just having to adjust the exact words saved me so much time. It took me minutes to sort my subtitles for a 20 minute lecture, rather than hours.

Cons

It would have been useful to be able to download the subtitles in more formats - moodle only accepts vtt, and this only exports srt so I had to transform all the files. Trivial to do, but added another step unneeded in my work flow.

Tom
Tom

Amazing tool for easy and quick content creation

Reviewed on 3/8/2020

A brilliant content creation tool for social media that has a tonne of features available even in the free version.

Pros

Kapwing is an incredible tool for social media content creation, be it GIF's, images, videos, it has a suite of tools to create awesome looking content in minutes.

Cons

May take some time for absolute beginners to wrap their head around. Could do with a mini tutorial for new users.

Rick
Rick
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

My secret weapon in media

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Kapwing makes me look better at my job than I actually am.

Kapwing makes me look better at my job than I actually am.

Pros

There are so many things I can user Kapwing for - but I found it because I needed to resize videos for Instagram. After that, I just continued to find new ways I needed Kapwing. Always works, doesn't cost a ton of time or money, and more features keep coming.

Cons

My only complaint is limited mobile use, but it's clearly not the focus here.

Bandar
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Kapwing Review

Reviewed on 2/7/2023

It is quite good but it has some problems. The audio editing is difficult and doesn't have smart ordering of audio parts. Audio adding is slow. It takes much time to edit a video.

Pros

Audio uploading and adding, audio editing.

Jenelle
Jenelle

Kapwig saving me time and getting quality results

Reviewed on 20/1/2023

I love this software. Newly discovered and already a must have in my toolbox

I love this software. Newly discovered and already a must have in my toolbox

Pros

I love how easy this is to use and how quick the videos render

Cons

Couldn't find the undo button but ither than that I love it

Jeremy
Jeremy
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Found great tool during #VPDExperiment

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Need to create short videos that were not PowerPoint driven but able to add content was a problem. I couldn't always wait for our professional to create for ministry team. And adding subtitles allows more people to watch since they don't have to turn up the volume when in a space they can't listen.

Pros

Subtitles were great as they use the Google beta. And you can edit the text to fix your flubs or add a highlight.

Cons

Since its web only, you have to deal with the filters applied by various security tools. Either get IT to whitelist or you will have trouble. You can use it on your phone browser, but not as easy on the small screen

Mayank
Mayank
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Video Editing Solution for beginers

Reviewed on 18/6/2020

I have been using it to edit my mom's tutorial videos and a few demonstration videos for my office presentations and seminars.
It is a user friendly tool, especially for the beginners.

Pros

You do not need to know the terminologies of video editing, all the options are available in layman language.
Processing time is less than many market leaders.
The list of options available is a lot longer that other competitors.

Cons

Pricing might be an issue for the beginners.
Trial version puts a 'Kapwing' watermark in the entire video and allows max 7 minutes of final exported video.

Syed

Kapwing – ‘a versatile tool to create any content easily with drag and drop actions’

Reviewed on 25/9/2020

I like to use this tool . As I sated, Kapwing has a lot of good features and the default configuration with the social networks is very convenient for me. So, my overall experience with Kapwing is very good.

Pros

I think trimming the video is super easy in Kapwing with drag and drop actions. This software is absolutely an easy platform for the beginner. I am convinced with a lot of free features of Kapwing which are very useful. I love the fact that they have an auto-subtitle option and this is really time-saving. Also, I would like to mention the resizing feature which makes it easy to create different content on the same platform. I think the online editing opportunity is very useful because there is no hassle to install it on the computer. You can edit anything from anywhere. The default configuration for various social media is amazing and this option allows me to publish the videos smoothly.

Cons

I didn’t like that I lost my work a few times and I think glitches occurred with my task. I observed exporting videos sometimes a slow process. I like to use this tool but wish if they could have more features and elements to be even more creative with this software.

Nathan

Waste of Money Doesn't Work and No Refunds

Reviewed on 15/3/2023

It was terrible. I bought the software to help increase my productivity and output a better product.That was further from the reality. I wasted an entire day and never got a final product. When I purchased another product and completed everything within an hour.

Pros

The silence remover and the audio enhancer

Cons

How nothing worked and was never able to export my project.

Cleanvoice AI

Reasons for Switching to Kapwing

It had an all in one ability.
Pradip

Top Web App for video editing

Reviewed on 12/9/2021

It's been really fun to work with Kapwing and the support has been really great. I have been able to create videos that have been really appreciated very well.

Pros

Availability of features, access, ease of use, voice to text, and animated graphics.

Cons

I have had this product for two years and I have not found any cons yet.

Beth
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Great For Editing Videos

Reviewed on 13/7/2021

This is one of several video editing software options I use when I upload music videos and other items to You Tube. I like it.

Pros

If you are someone who likes to edit or splice videos like myself, this is the place to do it. The free version allows you to merge, splice, cut, and edit videos for You Tube, Instagram and other applications that allow you to use videos. It is fairly easy to use and understand for a beginner who has never used video editing tools before. At the same time the finished product is nice enough for a professional influencer or vlogger to use as well.

Cons

There are limits to file sizes on the free version, so if you are a first time user just checking it out, you may end up having to buy the paid version anyway just to use it, and I occasionally had files not get edited even when they were slightly under the size limit after cutting.

Buddhika
  • Industry: Online Media

Ideal software for video editing

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

This is one of the best software which I used to edit videos.

This is one of the best software which I used to edit videos.

Pros

I have used this software in several times to edit some videos which I uploaded to my youtube channel. honestly I would like to recommend this as the best video editing software, even for the beginners. Because I had very basic knowledge about video editing. But I could edit my videos easily, up-to my expected level. Actually it is an user friendly software which work & complete our tasks easily. Also we have an option to create our videos without any water marks in Kapwing, on free of charge. It is an unique facility which we can't see in the other software in similar category.

Cons

I would like to see some more animation tools. because the provided tools are very basic & sometimes its not looks suitable for some videos.

Mohammed

amazing

Reviewed on 11/12/2021

Pros

friendly user software with lots of features

Cons

editing features are amazing, you can change easier than any other software

Astrid
  • Used for 1-5 months

Product not working and worse customer support ever.

Reviewed on 20/7/2021

Bad user experience, even worse support experience.

Bad user experience, even worse support experience.

Pros

Pricing, cute branding, and the basic feature set.

Cons

My goal was simple, purchasing an account for my teammate for her to use that same morning. This was not possible since the "add licence" option didn't work. After trying all possible ways to provide my teammate with an account, I canceled the subscription and went to a similar product from a competitor.

Although this was a bug on their hand and I haven't used the video features at all, customer support didn't provide a refund. According to them, my expectations for a $20 refund are too high.

Stephan
  • Industry: Events Services

Not practical software - Pointless as cant perform basic function and way too clunky

Reviewed on 16/4/2021

Disappointing

Disappointing

Pros

The idea that it might actually work but it didnt perform.

Cons

The audio and video is consistently out of sync which renders the site pointless in my opinion. When I brought this up with the people in Kapwing they were friendly enough but refused to see why this would be an issue and their suggestion was to use a different audio and video and sync the separately which kind of defeats the purpose of the site in first place. Despite the fact that the issue is on their side, they refused to see it that way and pretty much ignnored any logic. When I asked for a refund based on it not being fit for purpose I was told, well actually ignored.

Sharifah
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Surprisingly inexpensive

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it is free and have a lot of premium features like removing background from videos. I use it online and it works like wonders. You also don't have to worry about your progress because they automatically saved it if you login using your account.

Cons

What I like the least about this software because since you only can use it online, if there's anything happen to your internet connection when you're editing your video, they'll crash and you would be unable to continue your progress. I hope they make the download feature available in the future.

A suite of handy video editing tools

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

easy to use; highly recommended.

easy to use; highly recommended.

Pros

As a user, I'd like to thank Kapwing for providing many of their tools free of charge. In the past I needed to pay to get watermark-free downloads. It has become free recently. The tools are classified into tasks that people commonly need to fix their videos, e.g, video crop, resize, looping and so on. The tools are very easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

As being design for ease of use by amateurs, the downside is that sometimes you may have to run through a couple of different tools individually to achieve what you need.

Cindy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best video editor I have found

Reviewed on 14/9/2021

Pros

As a beginner at editing videos, I found this program very easy to use. The displays were self-explanatory and answers to my questions were easily found. Not to mention the free version includes everything the average person needs. I would recommend this program to anyone with a need to make or edit a video.

Cons

The hardest part of using this program for me was finding it. I have tried a few others to end up frustrated at the end when I need to pay $100 to actually download the file.

Sophie

Get it now. Stop wasting time. Kapwing will blow your mind.

Reviewed on 5/1/2022

Amazing.

Amazing.

Pros

Kapwing is for EVERYONE. I don't care what you do. If you do anything with sound, video, etc you need this. Even if you don't, you STILL need this so that you can start discovering the power of audio and video in your business. Get to it.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet that is displeasing. I am extremely grateful for this software and how delightful it is to use.

Latrice

Nice affordable editor

Reviewed on 5/1/2022

great

great

Pros

easy to use for me. Theres nothing else to say

Cons

only 5 minute video without watermark for no upgrade account

The Online editing King

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

I came across Kapwing when I was away from my main work device (with my more professional video editing software), and needed to get a quick edit done. I searched around online and came across it, and it was a life saver.

Pros

Being able to simply sign in with your Google account (not necessary but essential if you want access to your work/drafts later in one place), the UI being simple and clear to understand: making it easy to trim videos, and create quick and simple instructional videos for social media, and best of all, being able to paste a Youtube video link and work on it within Kapwing is what I love most.

Cons

Since I use the software to make quick video edits on my phone/tablet-on-the-go. The video processing is an absolute nightmare; it gives you no indication that something is at least happening, which really drives me crazy at times.

Arvind

Kapwing is the captain

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

I keep checking out others... but Kapwing takes the cake and wins by a mile....

I keep checking out others... but Kapwing takes the cake and wins by a mile....

Pros

Drag drop, the integrated video-creation environment, quick, responsive..
Can take all that you throw at it

Cons

Pricing.... give me something better.. please