Kapwing

4.5/5
4.6/5
4.3/5

Martin J.

Best online video service ever. And a miracle for deaf people.

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

This review is focused only on one of Kapwing feature - AI generated subtitles. I known that Kapwing offers many tools for online video editing (and they are very good), but I'm using just one of them - Subtitler. This tool is able to autogenerate subtitles for video in almost any language. And this is cool! You know - I'm deaf (or almost deaf, to be correct) and thank to Kapwing I’m now able understand and react on videos from my friends :) (I’m able to read and write in 6 languages, but if someone sent me video-message, I was f*cked… :D Not any more, thank to this service). Before Kapwing I had to download the video, extract audio from it, process the audio file with dedicated software and then, finally, I got subtitles (poor quality subtitles, I have to say). With Kapwing I just paste URL to Subtitler and get subtitles. Miracle, for me.

Pros

- it works like a charm
- simple use, perfect output
- multi-language support (AI autogenerated subtitles are best on market (seriously. I tried many other services))
- it's free (mind-blowing! Service of this quality free? Just WOW!)

Cons

- nothing at all
- OK, there are some glitches in AI autogenerated subtitles, but the output is "good enough" in most situations

Syed R.

Kapwing – ‘a versatile tool to create any content easily with drag and drop actions’

Reviewed on 25/9/2020

I like to use this tool . As I sated, Kapwing has a lot of good features and the default configuration with the social networks is very convenient for me. So, my overall experience with Kapwing is very good.

Pros

I think trimming the video is super easy in Kapwing with drag and drop actions. This software is absolutely an easy platform for the beginner. I am convinced with a lot of free features of Kapwing which are very useful. I love the fact that they have an auto-subtitle option and this is really time-saving. Also, I would like to mention the resizing feature which makes it easy to create different content on the same platform. I think the online editing opportunity is very useful because there is no hassle to install it on the computer. You can edit anything from anywhere. The default configuration for various social media is amazing and this option allows me to publish the videos smoothly.

Cons

I didn’t like that I lost my work a few times and I think glitches occurred with my task. I observed exporting videos sometimes a slow process. I like to use this tool but wish if they could have more features and elements to be even more creative with this software.

Ben R.

Social Media Manager Essential Tools

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Their team has always been very responsive in helping me with any questions I've had. I can't wait to see this product become more widely used in helping content creators reach their audiences effectively like they have done for me.

Pros

This tool should be in every social media account managers bookmark list. I use this daily to help with video editing. Even if you're a pro video editor, their is no need to be spending hours trying to get the format correct. Kapwing does the hard work for you.

Cons

No real cons, this service is solid. My only wish list request would be the ability to have an archive of the videos I've already worked on. So incase the client needs something edited/resized I don't have to reupload.

Pradip K.

Top Web App for video editing

Reviewed on 12/9/2021

It's been really fun to work with Kapwing and the support has been really great. I have been able to create videos that have been really appreciated very well.

Pros

Availability of features, access, ease of use, voice to text, and animated graphics.

Cons

I have had this product for two years and I have not found any cons yet.

Buddhika C.
  • Industry: Online Media

Ideal software for video editing

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

This is one of the best software which I used to edit videos.

Pros

I have used this software in several times to edit some videos which I uploaded to my youtube channel. honestly I would like to recommend this as the best video editing software, even for the beginners. Because I had very basic knowledge about video editing. But I could edit my videos easily, up-to my expected level. Actually it is an user friendly software which work & complete our tasks easily. Also we have an option to create our videos without any water marks in Kapwing, on free of charge. It is an unique facility which we can't see in the other software in similar category.

Cons

I would like to see some more animation tools. because the provided tools are very basic & sometimes its not looks suitable for some videos.

Rosa irene G.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

My experience with Kapwing

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

I used it once to loop a video that I needed ASAP, had no access to more professional tools like PS so had to search for a software that I could use online to get express results. Got me out of the hurry and I loved everything about it, except for the price. However, it is still useful and you can still download the result for free if you don´t mind the watermark.

Pros

*Super easy and fast to use if you want to edit your images or videos.
*Offers multiple options like creating a gift out of a bunch of images, editing the speed of a video or looping one.
*No need for any kind of professional, not even semi-professional, knowledge. It is as easy as following steps, the interface and instructions are super clear and friendly.
*No need to download software, you can use it all online
*You can use it for free, with a watermark in your final result. But the watermark is cute.

Cons

*The only con is that you have to pay to get the watermark removed from your videos or images, and it is not that cheap unless you use it a lot and pay the monthly or yearly fee.

Adam M.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

I was looking for an editor for TikTok videos

Reviewed on 11/9/2021

I love Kapwing! It's all I use for my content creation at the moment.

Pros

I was looking for an editor for TikTok videos and Kapwing was the only one that felt like a plug and play tool. Sure, you have to now how to use it, but it's really simple! I don't care to use anything else especially for subtitles. They friggin' auto-generate them! You can adjust it and all. Especially on TikTok with motivational content, that makes a huge difference instead of looking sloppy like everyone else. Get Kapwing and make it happen!

Cons

It's a little quirky everyone now and then with snipping clips, but nothing bad.

Jessica D.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Wondeful!

Reviewed on 25/8/2020

Pros

I am so pleased with this slideshow application. It was a little difficult to navigate through at first and the software is a little out dated. However despite the minor complications, I was still able to make a beautiful slideshow. I loved how it didn't have slide limitations and it was still free to use. I was able to place unlimited pictures and slides and include a 4min song to the presentation. I didn't have any issues downloading and sharing this project on facebook at all. For this reason I give it 4 stars. I think this product has some minor glitches and needs to be updated but it is still useful enough to make a decent slideshow presentation. I am really happy with it. Thank you!

Cons

Glitchy and outdated. However, not too bad.

Betarik A.

Awesome tool

Reviewed on 16/9/2021

simple animation and video presentation

Pros

Build your visual presentation was never easy until I use this tool. Very easy and straight forward functionality.

Cons

more animation and effect will bring it to a higher level

Jyotsna T.

Video Editing solution on web

Reviewed on 31/7/2021

Pros

Pros of Kapwing:
- Easy to use
- Multiple editing options like reverse, watermark, subtitles, etc.

Cons

Con of Kapwing:
Rendering time of certain features in videos take a lot of time.

Kanchan C.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best App for Editing Product pictures and videos

Reviewed on 24/9/2021

Good

Pros

Everything, it is very easy to use. If you are having a small business and want to edit pictures for marketing the this app is a best option

Cons

You should have also added Logo extractor so tht we could use logos easily, boz we have to remove the background and extract only the logo

Amy M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Excellent for generating subtitles

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

Made putting subtitles on my unscripted lectures viable. Without this softwear, I would have really struggled to provide subtitles on lectures I'd recorded without a fully pre-written script.

Pros

I only used to subtitling functions.
The auto generation of subtitles was excellent. While it did need correcting (although it got mendelian randomization right first try), having each phrase already set up with timestamps and just having to adjust the exact words saved me so much time. It took me minutes to sort my subtitles for a 20 minute lecture, rather than hours.

Cons

It would have been useful to be able to download the subtitles in more formats - moodle only accepts vtt, and this only exports srt so I had to transform all the files. Trivial to do, but added another step unneeded in my work flow.

Hanah S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Best Video Editor

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Overall, this site helped me work on my videos and I will continue to use it to work on my project videos. The video editor site has helped me and it wasn't hard to use. Anyone can use this site to work on the videos they need to work on.

Pros

This video editor saved the day for me! I love how this editor website is so smooth. This site isn't difficult. I can upload my own videos or my own images to this video creation website. I needed a site just like this, so it could help me fix my writing and ministry work videos. This video editor didn't take long to work with. I can also put subtitles into the video editor. This was something that I needed help with. I needed to add subtitles to my videos. The subtitles were simple to add in and I am so happy it wasn't confusing. I also love how I can add audio to my video slides. I love how I can do my writing projects with more flow now and ability.

Cons

I dislike the black screen to work on. I wish the dashboard area was a different color. The color is okay, but a more light color would be nice. There should be another option on the main dashboard screen. The dark color is not appealing.

Davide P.
  • Industry: Sports

Terrible on site experience and CS experience

Reviewed on 28/11/2020

I would call this a 0/10

I have extensive experience with tech. I tried using their product, it would not load my videos, when it finally did the caption service did not work.

I canceled within 2 hours and asked for a refund. I was denied one (this is illegal).

i did not care about the 27 dollars, as a matter of fact I even offered to donate $100 toa. charity of their choice and send a receipt, but they never answered.

I am writing this review not because of the $27 but because their product failed and they refused to take ownership and give me a refund. This is terrible CS and user experience.

There are far better options, one of them is veed.io

Pros

Nothing to like, justa. terrible experience.

Cons

I tried using the software for captions. There were so many glitches and it wasted me 2 hours of my time

Jon G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Kapwing did what Apple could not

Reviewed on 4/3/2020

Great product, easy to use, web based, excellent customer service.

Pros

All I needed was a simple tool to crop videos. I tried using more sophisticated video software but found it was too much for the simple things I needed to do. I found Kapwing and in the first try I had video ready to use with a simple intuitive UI that made it easy to use. I had one question and the customer service was exemplary. I am a big fan of Kapwing.

Cons

The Publish button was the only part of my experience that was not totally intuitive, but I figured it out.

Kathleen M.
  • Used for Free Trial

Came up near top of search engine for free meme generator

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

It was useful for a very basic advertisement meme. It didn’t cost me anything but my time

Pros

I liked that it was free, I liked that I could choose to use my own photos and select from a variety of fonts. I liked the font color selection.

Cons

I didn’t like that I couldn’t easily choose the background color. I didn’t like that I couldn’t figure out easily if I could use multiple images with multiple captions. It seemed very basic

Bérengère L.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

To try it is to adopt it!

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

very good!

Pros

I love the ease of handling, everything is ergonomic and designed for the basic beginner to the user. We can feel that the product has been developed with the users' needs in mind, the fact that the open access product does not have your logo on it underlines your wish to be accessible and usable by everyone, you trust your product to attract premium members and I find this bias very professional and winning.

Cons

After the publication of a project, we can sometimes notice that the texts are shifted compared to the rendering in studio mode, it is necessary to re-edit the project and work a little "blind" by shifting or shrinking the text to fix the bug.

Corey G.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reliable product

Reviewed on 29/9/2021

My overall experiences has been good.

Pros

This is the most dependable online software I use. Other sites I've tried are extremely annoying because they either have a lot of pop ups, maleware or only let you export a minute of video.

Cons

Sometimes the site freezes but not a lot.

Matthew A.
  • Industry: Performing Arts
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

First time user to add captions and audio visualisation

Reviewed on 11/9/2021

Pros

It was reasonably intuitive once I found out where the functions were.
I appreciate the generous capabilities compared with similar products

Cons

No . I should have looked at the YouTube channel

Jesse C.

Great Product Greater Service

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Great experience. I had difficulty with a project and transferring to my business account. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] technical support engineer, gave me a step by step walkthrough To fix it and when I still couldn’t figure it out she went out of her way to do it for me. The best part was she never made me wait long before a response, which is very rare with many companies. It was greatly appreciated.

Pros

Super easy to use! A new user can pick this up and get what they need done with minimal difficulty, which is a plus when you’re already have so much on your plate.

Cons

I wish there was a toolbar you could use that gave you options I.e save project. I know it’s possible but it’s a comfort to know you did it.

Patrice P.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Really usefull tool even on the free version

Reviewed on 17/6/2021

Pros

Really like that the free version offers you the ability to create and edit a short video without the ads that always comes with if you do not pay.

Cons

A bit hard to handle the tools at the beginning but it is time saving or money saving from buying large software licences.

Tony K.

Cool site

Reviewed on 16/9/2021

Pros

Features are great--editing, splicing especially-easy to use --Takes a little getting use to

Cons

For someone just starting out, navigating the site may may take a little getting use to

Edson G.

Reviewed on 1/10/2021

making titles

Pros

legends and titles. Easy to use and helpful

Cons

few formats available. Maybe another ones

Shady M.

A smooth experience!

Reviewed on 26/9/2021

Pros

I loved how easy to use this software is with a lot of features and options. Using it for the first time I finished adding subtitles to my video in 5 minutes

Cons

Maybe the interface can be a little less cluttered

Mauricio M.

Fast, easy and intuitive

Reviewed on 26/9/2021

Pros

Lets me create videos in a fraction of the time than in other sites. Creating subtitles is just a click away with almost perfect results.

Cons

I would like it to have more tik tok templates