Kapwing

kelvin
  • Used for 6-12 months

Kapwing Review

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Was great using it for promo videos an YouTube videos.

Pros

The fact that am able to add shapes to my videos and export to different formats make kapwing a great tool

Cons

I'd prefer an offline version of kapwing

Mark
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Love using Kapwing

Reviewed on 16/4/2022

I'm a huge fan of Kapwing for a variety of reasons. It's easy to use, it's intuitive, it's web-based, they're consistently coming up with ways to improve the product. It's really a phenomenal product and it's pro version is not prohibitively expensive either.

Pros

My favorite part of Kapwing is how easy it is to use and the large amount of things the software allows you to do without requiring you to download anything

Cons

I would love to see a cheaper pro option especially for nonprofits. I also think Kapwing struggles with larger video files and wish it could handle larger and longer videos a bit better.

Starken
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

What the point of editing if you cant't upload?????

Reviewed on 24/9/2021

Hi, Im Starken BeanO. Im a Good YouTube With over 122 subs, and I've been looking for a good and free editing website. Then I came across this, Kapwing. It was awesome and I found a whole lot of things i can do.

Pros

Im a Good YouTube With over 122 subs, and I've been looking for a good and free editing website. Then I came across this, Kapwing. It was awesome and I found a whole lot of things i can do. Add cool music, cut parts, screen record, ect. this came out as one of my best used of editing website.

Cons

There were no problem what so ever, no lag and no crashing. But the biggest and THE funniest thing I EVER saw. Whats the point of hard sweat and tears of editing and so we can have to UPGRADE just for a couple of more minutes for a video. and I'm talking for the people that has the same problem. Its an awesome website but why do you Upgrade to publish files over 250MB and to export videos over 7 minutes? Fix this for the people that like this website and you'll find yourself as the best editing website on Google and any other sites. And just so you can't see people writing the same review as I did today.

~SB

Steven
  • Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy to use for greenhorns.

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

Pros

Quick integration with existing platforms.

Cons

If I needed to upgrade, it would be costly.

Tariq

Awesome multi purpose content creation tool

Reviewed on 8/7/2022

Kapwing provides a variety of options for content creation that aid my work as a social media manager

Pros

There's so many! I can make videos, add subtitles to the videos and apply different filters and frames. I can make memes and gifs, extract individual frames from video to repurpose as images.. The list goes on!

Cons

I would like a subscription tier for individual users

Navish
  • Industry: Management Consulting

I hope the product improves. It has a lot of potential. But at this point, it is purely...

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

Pros

1. This software is definitely one of the easiest video editing softwares you will find in the market to use.
2. A majority of its features are available for free, so 5/5 on value for money there.
3. The auto-subtitle feature is great. It helps you get started with 75% of the work and then you can simply edit it to have subtitles done in 1/4th the time.

Cons

1. The software, atleast the main overall tool - Studio - is incredibly clunky. It is ridden with bugs. It also fails to save properly and you keep losing a bunch of your work. As an exmaple of its bugs, right now I am facing a problem where a trimmed portion of the video is showing up on the final export and the subtitles are all off-sync from it too. Exported it multiple times! Argh!
2. It provides zero indication if its actually doing any processing or not in the background and occasionally just "hangs". Which is weird for a software on the cloud.
3. An immense number of basic features are just pure lacking that I feel are necessary - an undo/history feature, transition features that are actually use-able, audio adjustment across layers, export of entire video's subtitle file (can only export individual layer).
4. The export quality simply is not high. Even when you choose the 1080p option. It also dampens the audio in the video for no reason!
4. Looking for its training center feels like a maze. Once you find it, there is a small bunch of tutorial articles that are decent but is the barest minimum you can think of. But beyond that, the resources section reads more like marketing material that gets ridiculous to go through!

Amanda
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Invaluable Product

Reviewed on 1/4/2022

It took me a while to learn what I need to use it. There are lots of features that I still don't understand, so I don't use them. Overall though, I love this website and software!

Pros

I can't live without this video editing software. It is invaluable to me as an independent voice teacher. I have young students and often need to shorten songs, tracks, and Mp4s, so being able to edit them to accommodate my students is awesome!

Cons

I wish there was a way to lower the volume on the vocals or take them out.

Dina Segovia
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 11/3/2022

Great experience in video editing at no cost.

Pros

It's user-friendly and all of its features are easy to understand for a video editing beginner like me.

Cons

Though I am using it for free, I can longer access my old edited video even though the video is raw.

Arvind

Kapwing is the captain

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

I keep checking out others... but Kapwing takes the cake and wins by a mile....

Pros

Drag drop, the integrated video-creation environment, quick, responsive..
Can take all that you throw at it

Cons

Pricing.... give me something better.. please

Joe
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great value for the money and easy to use.

Reviewed on 27/3/2022

Great experience. I use it three times a week for my band's music videos and instructional guitar videos.

Pros

This product is a great value for the money and Easy to use.

Cons

The program has everything I need. I use it to make music videos about three times a week. I never had an issue with the software, and my fans love the videos.

Ben
  • Industry: Music

Social Media Manager Essential Tools

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Their team has always been very responsive in helping me with any questions I've had. I can't wait to see this product become more widely used in helping content creators reach their audiences effectively like they have done for me.

Pros

This tool should be in every social media account managers bookmark list. I use this daily to help with video editing. Even if you're a pro video editor, their is no need to be spending hours trying to get the format correct. Kapwing does the hard work for you.

Cons

No real cons, this service is solid. My only wish list request would be the ability to have an archive of the videos I've already worked on. So incase the client needs something edited/resized I don't have to reupload.

• Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 6-12 months

Kapwing makes simple video tasks even simpler!

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

My overall experience with Kapwing has been great! I'll definitely use it again for personal projects!

Pros

Kapwing is pure genius. It takes a number of small, easy video tasks, and makes them easier. No need to download software just to reverse or resize a video. This service does it online for free (with a watermark)! These tools include trimming, looping, resizing, reversing, rotating, and converting video, among other functions. I used Kapwing once when I needed to reverse a video for a visual effect. After looking through the basic video editing software I had installed on my computer and finding that none had the feature, I tried Kapwing and it worked like a charm.

Cons

As stated above, you have to endure a watermark unless you want to pay for the service. That being said, it's a small price to pay for such a great service! Furthermore, the creators really do deserve to get paid for their work.

Mohammed

amazing

Reviewed on 11/12/2021

Pros

friendly user software with lots of features

Cons

editing features are amazing, you can change easier than any other software

Rosa Irene
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used for Free Trial

My experience with Kapwing

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

I used it once to loop a video that I needed ASAP, had no access to more professional tools like PS so had to search for a software that I could use online to get express results. Got me out of the hurry and I loved everything about it, except for the price. However, it is still useful and you can still download the result for free if you don´t mind the watermark.

Pros

*Super easy and fast to use if you want to edit your images or videos.
*Offers multiple options like creating a gift out of a bunch of images, editing the speed of a video or looping one.
*No need for any kind of professional, not even semi-professional, knowledge. It is as easy as following steps, the interface and instructions are super clear and friendly.
*No need to download software, you can use it all online
*You can use it for free, with a watermark in your final result. But the watermark is cute.

Cons

*The only con is that you have to pay to get the watermark removed from your videos or images, and it is not that cheap unless you use it a lot and pay the monthly or yearly fee.

Cindy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best video editor I have found

Reviewed on 14/9/2021

Pros

As a beginner at editing videos, I found this program very easy to use. The displays were self-explanatory and answers to my questions were easily found. Not to mention the free version includes everything the average person needs. I would recommend this program to anyone with a need to make or edit a video.

Cons

The hardest part of using this program for me was finding it. I have tried a few others to end up frustrated at the end when I need to pay $100 to actually download the file.

Sharifah
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Surprisingly inexpensive

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it is free and have a lot of premium features like removing background from videos. I use it online and it works like wonders. You also don't have to worry about your progress because they automatically saved it if you login using your account.

Cons

What I like the least about this software because since you only can use it online, if there's anything happen to your internet connection when you're editing your video, they'll crash and you would be unable to continue your progress. I hope they make the download feature available in the future.

A suite of handy video editing tools

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

easy to use; highly recommended.

Pros

As a user, I'd like to thank Kapwing for providing many of their tools free of charge. In the past I needed to pay to get watermark-free downloads. It has become free recently. The tools are classified into tasks that people commonly need to fix their videos, e.g, video crop, resize, looping and so on. The tools are very easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

As being design for ease of use by amateurs, the downside is that sometimes you may have to run through a couple of different tools individually to achieve what you need.

Becca
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Kapwing Review

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

My experience has been great. The pandemic has caused a lot of us to get creative, and learn new ways of doing things and Kapwing allowed me to do this easily. I love any program/software that is easy to use and makes me look like I know what I am doing (even when I don't really).

Pros

The program was simple to use to speed up a video (the initial reason I went looking for video editing software), but also seems to have a lot of features that will be helpful. I've never used video editing software before now with the exception of the most basic window video editor, so I barely know what I am doing. Kapwing allowed me to not only accomplish what I needed but with a few features I didn't know I needed, it allowed me to create a video that looks really professional. I will come back to Kapwing to for all my future video editing needs.

Cons

There is a file size limit and other restrictions with the free account, which is understandable. Other than that the only con is that if you are a complete beginner it is a little overwhelming to start.

Sophie

Get it now. Stop wasting time. Kapwing will blow your mind.

Reviewed on 5/1/2022

Amazing.

Pros

Kapwing is for EVERYONE. I don't care what you do. If you do anything with sound, video, etc you need this. Even if you don't, you STILL need this so that you can start discovering the power of audio and video in your business. Get to it.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet that is displeasing. I am extremely grateful for this software and how delightful it is to use.

Margaret
  • Industry: Media Production

Customer Service Terrible and Publishing fail quite often

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

The customer service is awful and nonexistence. You would be working on a project and it do not publish. You have to start the whole thing over again and at times that still does not work.

You reach out to customer service on all platforms and no one answers or respond

Pros

The software is not difficult to use. It is simple but the output is also simple

Cons

Publishing is awful. Many times does not work

The Online editing King

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

I came across Kapwing when I was away from my main work device (with my more professional video editing software), and needed to get a quick edit done. I searched around online and came across it, and it was a life saver.

Pros

Being able to simply sign in with your Google account (not necessary but essential if you want access to your work/drafts later in one place), the UI being simple and clear to understand: making it easy to trim videos, and create quick and simple instructional videos for social media, and best of all, being able to paste a Youtube video link and work on it within Kapwing is what I love most.

Cons

Since I use the software to make quick video edits on my phone/tablet-on-the-go. The video processing is an absolute nightmare; it gives you no indication that something is at least happening, which really drives me crazy at times.

The easiest and fastest way to produce great videos!

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Seriously love kapwing. been a customer for years now and they are constantly innovating. and the value you get for you money is unbeatable.

Pros

- super easy to use
- many many features
- no editing skills required
- produce content for all plattforms

Cons

- you have to download and reupload your video if you want to use multiple tools.

Jeremy
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Found great tool during #VPDExperiment

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Need to create short videos that were not PowerPoint driven but able to add content was a problem. I couldn't always wait for our professional to create for ministry team. And adding subtitles allows more people to watch since they don't have to turn up the volume when in a space they can't listen.

Pros

Subtitles were great as they use the Google beta. And you can edit the text to fix your flubs or add a highlight.

Cons

Since its web only, you have to deal with the filters applied by various security tools. Either get IT to whitelist or you will have trouble. You can use it on your phone browser, but not as easy on the small screen

Robert
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Robert Lee's Review

Reviewed on 13/9/2021

It's been very positive. I haven't had any problems.

Pros

I can figure out how to use it quickly. It's a wonderful service that I really appreciate, because I need it. It's the only one that I found that fulfills my needs.

Cons

I wish I could make longer videos. There are times that my video is longer than 7 minutes. In those instances I have to make 2 videos instead of one.

Tom

Amazing tool for easy and quick content creation

Reviewed on 3/8/2020

A brilliant content creation tool for social media that has a tonne of features available even in the free version.

Pros

Kapwing is an incredible tool for social media content creation, be it GIF's, images, videos, it has a suite of tools to create awesome looking content in minutes.

Cons

May take some time for absolute beginners to wrap their head around. Could do with a mini tutorial for new users.