AIM

Cloud-based point of sale (POS) software for retailers

4.0/5
4.2/5
3.6/5
4.2/5

• Industry: Consumer Services

Its really easy to make reports which is good for this type of software

Reviewed on 13/3/2018

Pros

I really like how you can easily generate reports, that's important for my business and I believe this software can do the best job of it.

Cons

I don't like that's a little clunky to use, but that should go without saying because this is super complex software we're dealing with here.

Mitch
  • Industry: Music

Small shop with multiple needs

Reviewed on 28/9/2022

Overall the POS has helped us make large improvements to how we do bussines. In many small ways the software is inflexable and since we have an owner with a CPA he has noted that the accounting side of the software is not as intuitive as others like quickbooks. As we get more familiar with it things are making more sense but the learning curve for the accounting reports is steeper than expected.

Pros

Customizing the menu system makes it easy to help new users get familiar.

Cons

The bugs that we do have often leave issues that take time to find or resolve after the initial issue is corrected.

Quickbooks Point of Sale and Rain POS

Reasons for Choosing AIM

Integrations of different locations inventory. Transfers, repairs, orders ect.

Quickbooks Point of Sale
Adam

AIM once the sale is made we don't care.

Reviewed on 25/8/2022

I have been trying for several years now to get this company to finish installing the software with all paid for data transfers. AIM tech support Has been supposedly working on entering my inventory for about four years now.
Every time I call I get the we supplied the software so that I owe for it even though it is totally unusable without my inventory and bound FFL book installed. And just because I paid for extra for data transfer to make the program usable does not mean that that AIM has to actually do it (simple Excel format)
Tech support is useless as none of them have done their job yet. I am going to have to take the time away from my business to take these crooks to court.

Pros

Looks like if it worked it would be nice.

Cons

The way it just sits there with no data for the last several years waiting for AIM software to finish their job.
The fact that I was charged for software and data transfer and received software without data transfer so it is useless. I have been waiting so long it was called AIMsi when I bought it.

Kellie

Product Review

Reviewed on 22/9/2022

My overall experience has been great. From the beginning the help to set this program up for our needs was challenging but very successful. Josh, our salesman has been nothing but helpful and informative and always replys quickly and is always checking in. That is very important to us, someone who takes the time to email every so often to check in and make sure everything is going well. If we have a question he always responds quickly.

Pros

The more we use the software the more we learn and love the product. We use this software everyday runnig reports, for our POS, inventory, and much more. We love the button feature to make everyday use easy.

Cons

I find that it is hard to find a credit card company that is compliant with AIM.

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing AIM

Firearm friendly, customizable to our needs, range compliant.

Reasons for Switching to AIM

Again, firearm friendly, customizable to our needs, range compliant, easy to use, and the customer service.
Janice

A jewel in a difficult and expensive industry

Reviewed on 28/9/2022

We deployed, then 4 years later deployed ecommerce

Pros

Ease of Use, Cost, Customer Service, Merchant Services relationship.

Cons

Canned Reports are often minimal, but I summarize them in complex Xcel worksheets

Devon

TriTech AIM Review

Reviewed on 22/9/2022

Overall, I am very happy with this AIM. It has made our business run smoother and has opened up some avenues to us that were previously not feasible.

Pros

We sell firearms, and the built in A&D Book is a critical component to our business. Once setup, this feature makes tracking of firearms incredibly simple .

Cons

The management of sale prices for our products needs to be revamped and is currently both difficult and convoluted to use. In my opinion, this is easily the area of the software that could most benefit from improvement.

Rob

Great POS/Gun book/Range Software

Reviewed on 26/9/2022

Been a fantastic system....we recommend it whenever we are asked what we use by other gun stores.

Pros

I don't have to have multiple systems running to achieve everything we need to do...AIM does it all

Cons

learning curve....set up and learning the system takes time

Eric

Overall great value and awesome tech support

Reviewed on 1/9/2022

Overall I would buy the software again. Great people, knowledge and they absolutely show concern about your business. The software, on a basic level, is easy to learn for new employees. I've seen many positive changes in the last two years and I'm sticking around to see what's next!

Pros

Easy.......... The fact it can communicate by sending auto calls and text to my customers and helping me to stay in touch along the way. We are a repair shop and this has not only saved us tons of time but this feature has made us lots of money$$$. The POS and customization of the screen and tech support. Tech support is absolutely, hands down, some of the best I've ever experienced. They answer the phone and stay with you until you understand. Very nice people who never make you feel stupid. Also love the fact you can so easily access your data. Other software we've had has limited the backend data to you where as AIM absolutely encourages you to use it. I will say.... a new employee can be taught in under 5 minutes how to check out a customer through the POS.

Cons

Inventory management, pricing and the repair shop module all need some help. All usable and functional. They are just some areas that aren't as polished as other software. Also, if you are a company with over a million different SKU's, beware. The software really is slow. I know! FYI, you'll need own EXCEL and have a basic understanding in order to to manage your inventory as AIM just simply does not have the capability to do so.

RepairShopr and RepairDesk

Reasons for Choosing AIM

Cost and features. Communication with customers and the fact we could update our on price files.

Reasons for Switching to AIM

The support and fact these people answer the phone and speak English. Not trying to be ugly, just a simple fact.
Katie

Great product!

Reviewed on 29/9/2022

Overall the experience has been great! Our business has been using this software for almost 20 years and any time we have a question or an issue, customer and technical service is always easy to access and help with the problem.

Pros

Easy to navigate through the menu options. Simple layout among the different screens.

Cons

We have not upgraded our software to version 12 yet. That being said, the version we are currently using is not online integrated as far as the lesson module goes. If that has changed with the newer version, then I have no cons

Steve

Ok for small-scale non-ecommerce shops

Reviewed on 20/1/2021

It was a good starting point, but we outgrew this software within 2 years of starting the company. Our eCommerce portal was functional, but cumbersome.

Pros

The tracking data on products was quite helpful. Serial numbers were regarded as individual numbers with unique purchase order receiving data that could be cross referenced with customer service records and trade-in information. Backorder protocol for Purchase Orders is the one thing I do miss about this software.

Cons

Local server based. This made it very difficult to process transactions remotely (tradeshows, etc) or work remotely.

Emily

Emily's Review of AIM

Reviewed on 12/9/2022

I have worked with many people at Tri-Tech we have been using there POS for about 4 years. I have had to call the customer help line many times in those 4 years. And no matter how frustrated I am they do an excellent job helping me solve the issues I run into.

Pros

I enjoy the easy of being able to create things and customize the POS easily. The system does all I need plus more that I probably don't know about. Seems like I learn new things about it all the time. My most recent call was with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. He was very knowledgeable and the questions he didn't know the answers to he was very speedy at finding them. I enjoyed my early morning conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] while he helped me work on multiple issues I was having. We got them all fixed in under an hour (I was expecting it to be a multiple hour kind of call). I look forward to working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] again.

Cons

The worst part about this POS was the set up. Although I believe that is mostly the fact that we were transferring information from a system that was very VERY old and outdated system. But the service team was there for me whenever I had questions; and boy I had a lot of them. Those first few months most of the service people knew me by first name.

Holly

Pleased!

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Overall we are very happy with AIM for our business. The tech support is awesome! They are always ready to help and super friendly. I love that they can remote in and show us what to do.

Pros

We have been using the contract module side of AIM for our instrument rental contracts to keep track of monthly payments since the beginning of our business in 2004. We pulled away for a brief stint to try another company and it was a disaster. The instrument rental contracts are the bread and butter of our business. If it fails, we fail. If the customer doesn't feel like they can trust us with their personal info because the system fails, we fail. It's a reflection on us. We came back to AIM in 2019 and went all in with the full point of sale system and we've never looked back. We highly recommend AIM.

Cons

We do wish that there weren't so many steps to follow. Seems like there is a huge learning curve to this program. Once you live it and breath it like it do it's one thing. But my employees tend to make mistakes often because they miss a step.
And for example: having to get out of one frame and into another one for the same customer with a different question about their account is sometimes frustrating.
Also. I really wish that an email went out immediately to my rental contract customers on autopay when their card is declined. The ability is there, as they receive an email immediately when the payment goes through, but not when it declines. This would help our collection dept out tremendously if this option was implemented.

Tara

Phenomenal Experience

Reviewed on 29/6/2020

We were having problems remembering who put what in the system and if it got logged in correctly and whatnot. The ATF Compliant Bound Book completely mitigates that problem. The Technical Support team has been able to answer each and every question I've had, which is incredible, considering I've called them many times when I've in the middle of a process (both on the test system AND live system) I don't understand or forgot how to continue on. They've been wonderful and have not at all made me feel crazy or gotten tired of answering my questions. I cannot say enough good things about my experience. We did have a small issue with a scanner, but the way it was handled was done so professionally and so well, that I consider it a privilege to have dealt with the company in this manner. It showed me that they really care about their customers and back their products and will make it right, no matter what.

Pros

We have been utilizing the POS (Point of Sale) System, and it's very intuitive. You go through a couple test transactions, and it's like riding a bike. You can do it so quickly and effectively. We used the testing system and were able to play around it a lot without worrying about mistakes that will mess up your entire system. We have the label printer, the receipt printer, and the wireless scanner, and they have made our little gun shop look SO professional and streamlined. Gone are the days of handwritten receipts! We can now track customers to see what each person buys and can add notes and wish list items! The Bound Book is ATF compliant, and it has made checking the firearms in and out a breeze. We are going to be purchasing the PO module next, so I can't wait to implement that!

Cons

I can't really say there are any Cons...I would just say it is a bit of a learning curve and can be a bit overwhelming at first, but the support that is offered is just phenomenal.

Georg
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

AIMsi Does it All (almost)

Reviewed on 19/1/2017

Been using the software for two years now, and it seems to provide a solution for everything. I wish there was a bit better integration across the different modules, such as allowing station rentals, short-term rentals, long-term rentals, and contract payments to all be made on the same checkout as regular sales orders, instead of needing to process them all at once. The payroll area also needs some improvements, it is good for recording payroll expense, but you will need a separate application to actually do the real payroll tracking/deductions/taxes. Otherwise it handles everything from rentals, bay/station rentals, it has full accounting, chart of accounts, general ledger, integrates to your purchasing/receiving, has full inventory tracking with multiple locations. Basically you can run your business with a few minor outside resources, from this one package. Even managing employees/time tracking etc...

Pros: Accounting, Rentals, POS Touchscreen support, Integrated Credit Card, Employee Management, Membership Modules, Integrated Gift Cards, Inventory Control, Invoice Management

Cons: The systems don't all share one checkout - each type of transaction (rental, station, contract payment, merchandise sale) must be rung up separately - The payroll is not very robust

Pros

Accounting
Rentals
Integrated Gift Cards
Inventory Control
Invoice Management

Cons

The payroll is not very robust

Bill

An overall great product

Reviewed on 30/9/2022

We moved from a custom AS400 program written for our company to AIM almost 10 years ago. We've been very pleased with AIM & never looked back. No program is perfect & they all have their little quirks, but we've been very pleased with AIM & have no interest in shopping for another platform.

Pros

There is a lot to unpack in this program, but once you've learned the system it's an all-in-one package & is fast, easy & efficient to use. Integration between our website, payment processing, shipping, etc. make our life easier. The program is constantly updated with enhancements & quality of life updates making the software faster & better to use. Tech support is very responsive to our needs & requests, development has made many changes to the software at our request to better fit our needs.

Cons

The Vortx web platform that integrates with AIM comes with a lot of limitations & the custom report tool is difficult to use. The SQL platform version 12 uses is powerful, but the hardware & software startup cost (SQL especially) can be high. There is not a good solution for working with products that are sold in both a physical AND digital format.

Julio

Great Softrware, and even better customer service

Reviewed on 30/4/2021

Pros

Three (3) years ago, as I was increasingly becoming frustrated with my previous POS system, I researched various options. In doing so, I discovered a software system called AIMsi, which is a Tri-Technical system. I was contacted by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and walked through the process and signed the agreement. Admittedly, navigating this software was a bit intimidating I became frustrated with the learning curve and gave up on the software that I had paid for. A few months later I was contacted by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]to see how I was liking the software. I described my experience with the software thus far, to include my frustrations with the setup, navigation, troubleshooting, etc. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was extremely patient and professional. Additionally, rather than treat me as a generic customer, he listened attentively, was compassionate and did not close the discussion until he identified a path forward for which he could properly resolve my issue. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]expressed a great deal of concern, acknowledging the cost I paid for the software and that it was of the upmost importance to him that I experience the full range of the product. Thereafter, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] registered me for training sessions, at no cost, and followed up with me repeatedly (2-3 times weekly) until I was comfortable with using the software. The software is great and the staff who have all been friendly and willing to help when I called for tech support.

Cons

sometimes the software can appear to be complicated gaining a understanding of its functionality helps

Irvin

AIM by Tri Tech

Reviewed on 9/9/2022

Inventory Control.

Pros

Retail POS, Service, Rental programs all in one program.

Cons

When you ring up retail items, a rental, & a service ticket at the same time for a customer it creates 3 different transactions for the same payment, thus listing 3 different payments on your deposit report for 1 transaction.

AmberPOS

Reasons for Choosing AIM

QB POS did not offer the special features that we needed, AmberPOS customer Service is almost ZERO!

AmberPOS

Reasons for Switching to AIM

We tried AmberPOS for about 6 weeks, but their support SUCKS!
John

Outstanding product and tech support!

Reviewed on 12/9/2014

Pros

The product I use has made tracking over 12,000 consigned items a manageable endeavor. In addition to the impeccable tech support I receive, the ability to track each and every product in the store, from intake to settlement, has made this business venture a pleasure. I probably only use 50% of the features, but those I use make my job easy. I can readily identify all pertinent information regarding an item, track notes on the consignor's item and sale preferences, and easily upload all information at the click of a button to my website. A few of the key features I use most are the abilities to associate similar items to one another, to produce reports for each consignor on items sold and still open, to create accounting reports on daily activity, to retrieve a customer's information for mail merge at settlement time, to track my inventory on both quantity and revenue generated to determine my seasonality and busiest days, and to un-publish items from the website once they reach quantity zero (can you imagine doing this manually?).

I also enjoy the easy of use in the Aesys admin system. I've been able to manage and tailor the website to suit my needs with little help from the web support team (another great facet of the product). The ability for real-time lookup of shipping costs and credit card processing made the integration of these items a breeze.

Cons

There are times the system will crash if I have the SA Inventory, customer info, receive batch consignment, and the sales invoice windows open at the same time. There are times I need to have these available in the dynamic environment I've created, and the "Swordfish" errors can be a hassle. Also, there are some canned reports in the catalog that don't seem to work, and creating reports with the wizard is not the easiest or the most intuitive.

Carl

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Our company spent a lot of time looking for a new POS system. After a ton of research we decided to go with Tri-tech. We could not be happier. Our Rep was very nice and not pushy. We've had the POS system for just about 2 years and my rep that sold me the system told me if I have ever need anything just to call him. I've held him to it and he has definitely kept his word. They're tech support has been great but, if I have to have one negative thing it would be on the tech support. The problem is when you call tech support for a question you just get a random person. The person you talk to will help you fix the problem you're having but, if you call back for the same issue, you get a different person that has a different way to fix the problem. So it could get confusing at times. I talked to my rep and he assured me they were making changes to make sure the support you get is more consistent. But honestly its a very small complaint and in no way affects the 5 star rating. If your looking for a new POS system I would strongly recommend taking a look at Tri-Technical Systems.

Pros

The customer support was great. It seemed the easiest to use. We are not a big company and this seemed to work best for us.

Cons

Tech support is a little confusing. I described below, when you call customer support you talk to a different person. That can cause an issue because each person has a different way to fix the problem you're having.

Betsy
  • Industry: Music

AIM software makes my job easier!

Reviewed on 6/10/2021

My interactions have almost exclusively been with the tech support team. I am a musician and I don't think like an accountant; they are always helpful and efficient. The support is peerless - I don't think we have ever stumped them!

Pros

We have been using AIM for more than 10 years. It allows us to manage daily sales, keep current track of our inventory, and to update, receive, and transfer inventory as needed. The A/P invoice feature makes accounting a much easier process. The software is reliable, and the reports it can generate are tremendously helpful.

Cons

We are a musical instrument store that is run by musicians, and it took us all a bit of time to learn to "think like the software" in more complicated processes. The availability of tech support being there to bail us out made that transition easier.

Steve

AIM Software

Reviewed on 28/9/2021

Overall experience has been amazing. Tech support is there to help us out when there are questions. The training videos are full of good advice and very helpful hints to make the software work better for us.

Pros

For an all around software, for several different industries, this software is well thought out. We have used this software for many years, and have gone through several of the upgrades. When there has been an issue, tech support is right there to help resolve problems or to escalate to developers to create what we need. The training tutorials are a huge help. The software is very customizable for our needs.

Cons

We have not really run across any negatives. Tri Tech is always improving the software. The one downside is not having tech support there on weekends if we have an issue. We have only run into one or two times we have really needed them on a weekend in all the years we have used the software.

Brian

AIM Review

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

Overall it is very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in tech support has been our go-to guy. He has been extremely helpful especially when it comes to the scheduling module. He has been willing to test issues that we have come across and implement changes to the software. I personally can't thank him enough for his patience and willingness to continue to work with us to make the scheduling module the best it can be.

Pros

We decided to go with AIM because it was an all-in-one POS system. We have retail sales, charge accounts, repair tickets, lessons scheduling and rentals/payment plans. To have all of that in one system was the most important to us. We also did not want a subscription based software. We wanted to own the product. That was a close second in importance

Cons

It can have it's issues. It takes a long time to understand how things work.

Sharon

aimsi review

Reviewed on 19/1/2017

It was hard to learn at first and I find my new employees have a bit more trouble with it than I like. Support is good but I have frustrations when CC processor and yourself throw the blame back on each other when resolving such problems. I think the separate module are a bit pricey unless you can catch a sale. And unfortunately I wish there was better online instruction to able to learn a new module. customer support is limits how much they show you in that area. I feel as though I utilize only about 50% of what aimsi can do just because there is no instruction of resource available online. And what's the point of the scheduling tab in reports when it doesn't give data even though the choices of reports are the same in the lesson tab and they work there. Customer service told me the tab doesn't work yet.

Pros

customer contact capture and credit card processing .

Cons

modules priced individually and that updates aren't discounted for current customers.

Megan

AIMsi has more and more to recommend it as we learn more about it

Reviewed on 5/9/2014

Pros

This is a great POS for our instrument sale and rental business. There's just enough flexibility in it without having to do everything freeform. The more we use it, the more we learn about new ways that it can help us. And the support option is great. Their staff is very knowledgeable and has been of tremendous help to us on several occasions. We've used AIMsi for years already, yet we're still finding new ways that it can help our business. The designers seem to have anticipated most of the needs of a shop like ours. Whenever we decide we want to do something new, we find there is an option in AIMsi for exactly that. That's a great sign of a well-designed product.

Cons

There are a couple of features that would be nice to have (ability to refund an initial rental payment in the system, reverse an approval return, etc.), but they're just things that would be helpful to us specifically. The only other thing that we really find irritating at all is that the formatting on the straight-to-email option isn't really compatible with Gmail recipients, so the large number of our customers with Gmail get invoices and the like that are very difficult to read and not very professional-looking. We get around that by printing them to PDF instead, but it would be nice to have it work in one step.

Brian

Over all, VERY happy. Best all in one POS for Firearms Retailers

Reviewed on 18/2/2018

All in one POS for firearms retailer with the best pricing that WIL NOT break your bank!!

Pros

Lots to offer for the firearms retailer at eh best possible price compared to there competitors. We have been very happy with the system as a whole and although there is a lot to learn, support is just a call away. Having Bound Book linked right to your inventory is very helpful and there is even a delayed delivery choice in the POS for state like us in IL that require a waiting period for firearms purchases.

Cons

There is a lot to learn and many items/field we don't use, but can not simply delete. We have to work around them. For being such a gun based POS system, there are things that could use improving to keep retailers compliant. But every time we make a suggestion to support, it is taken in kind and it the modification can be made, they do it!