Deel

The all-in-one HR platform for global teams.

4.5/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.6/5

Andrea
Andrea

Ability to Manage Offshore Contractors with Ease

Reviewed on 28/7/2023

I have not only been extremely happy with the platform but my rep has been the biggest help! I work with [sensitive content hidden] and she is ALWAYS there to help me through roadblocks or to answer any questions. It's truly been a pleasure to have her on my side.

Pros

Deel is crucial to the management of our offshore team. It's refreshing to know that we have compliance documents auto-populated for each country and that takes the worry off our plate. It's easy to pay our team, record time off, adjust contracts, add additional contractors, etc. Overall very happy with this platform and highly recommend!

Cons

When updating a contractors pay you have to terminate the contract and start a new one - I would love to see improvement here. It would be extremely beneficial to update a contract without the hassle of ending the contract, paying the contractor off cycle then starting a new one.

Madeleine

Great payroll services

Reviewed on 31/7/2023

With Deel I am able to manage my offshore hires and their payroll with ease. I don't have to know local law - Deel takes care of it for me.

Pros

It's an easy onboarding for both employer and employee.

Cons

The time reporting is a bit confusing (for employer). It's difficult to find historic time reports and know exactly which reports belong to which invoices. It takes unnecessary time for me to put the pieces together.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with Deel. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing us. Your feedback is important to us and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Chantale
  • Industry: Human Resources

They are of no help for their users

Reviewed on 5/2/2024

Very, very disappointing!
For the sole proprietorship absolutely not practical,
as they input their...

Very, very disappointing!
For the sole proprietorship absolutely not practical,
as they input their own dates that you can't change for receiving your
payments.

Pros

I can't think of anything right now.
In fact nothing.

Cons

Not able to help when you need it. On top of it they want you to write a book on their review

Francesco

Deel - great way to manage workforce in different locations

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Pros

Easy but reliable platform to manage staff in different locations, rich of features that makes HR work effective, great customer support, helpful and very responsive

Cons

one year ago there were some inconsistencies in the platform but now it's very smooth

Meimei
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Deel makes it easy to manage contractors globally

Reviewed on 14/4/2023

I've had a great experience with Deel, from implementation and ongoing support.

I've had a great experience with Deel, from implementation and ongoing support.

Pros

Deel is user friendly and easy to use, and it has global coverage to streamline the process of managing contractors or employees globally.

Cons

I wish Deel could provide the local compensation data.

Response from Deel

Hey there,

Thank you for your positive review! We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with Deel! Your feedback means a lot to us and we look forward to assisting you again soon!

João Bruno
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

All you need in one place

Reviewed on 3/8/2023

I'm a one person HR, Finance dept, so far.Deel helps me with processes that would take so long every month or, with new on/off boarding.

Pros

Super easy to use, set and manage on your HR, Payroll and compliance tasks.

Cons

A bit expensive for every payment you make, there is a fee.

Ontop

Reasons for Switching to Deel

Deel is a definitive platform. Others looked like an MVP, at that time.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're committed to providing excellent services and appreciate your feedback.

Antonio

Great Payroll Tool!

Reviewed on 14/8/2023

Being able to pay worldwide in the same platform without having to hire an agency to do so.

Pros

It's very user friendly. Edit monthly payments by adding expenses or bonuses.

Cons

Have to enter to each profile to edit a payment to be due.

OnTop

Reasons for Switching to Deel

The other platforms were charging a % of the total monthly payment instead of a fixed priced per user.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We are delighted to hear that you found our platform easy and convenient to use. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Martina
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great for remote payroll

Reviewed on 28/8/2023

It has been superb, I really like to use it

It has been superb, I really like to use it

Pros

Its really easy to use, it has great security and offers great advantages

Cons

Better costumer service, chat support takes too long to reply

Response from Deel

Hi!

We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with Deel. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing us. We look forward to helping you in the future!

Yvonne
Yvonne
  • Industry: Human Resources

Using Deel, streamline global hiring and payroll

Reviewed on 7/6/2023

Any organization that employs foreign freelancers, contractors, or gig workers should strongly consider using Deel. For the majority of businesses, the advantages of having a single, streamlined solution for international payments and contracts will almost probably outweigh the relatively slight disadvantages. Businesses and contractors alike obtain the tools, direction, and certainty they need to expand and operate cooperatively across borders with Deel.

Pros

Deel streamlines and makes onboarding new international contractors simple. Through Deel's user-friendly platform, tasks that once took weeks to accomplish, such as opening local bank accounts, completing tax forms, and creating contracts, may now be finished in a matter of minutes. Contractors start operating rapidly so they can begin adding value right away. The quick and simple onboarding process also increases the likelihood that contractors would want to stay on board with the company.

Cons

Although Deel offers a complete solution for managing contractors around the world, the platform has little flexibility for companies that need customization outside of the built-in features and processes. Deel may not give the flexibility to fully configure the software to fit the precise compliance, payroll, or reporting demands of businesses with very specific requirements. Deel is best suited for companies who are happy to use the majority of its core features without having to considerably customize the platform.

Janet
Janet
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Opened up a world of opportunity

Reviewed on 4/12/2023

Overall a positive experience - great service and quick feedback. Very helpful navigating me through the onboarding process

Pros

I like that I was not constrained to my own country to work and that I could stay here and work overseas without a huge mission to still work within the laws and requirements of my country. This process was seamless for me as an end user.

Cons

Nothing. I’m very grateful to have the opportunity to work through deel - they are very organised.

Adam

Like buying a car, everything is nice till the sale point, from there it's a disaster

Reviewed on 5/6/2022

BAD BAD BAD Really bad. Signing up was a pleasure, the pitch sounded perfect, the idea itself is overdue and the promises that were made gave me confidence that this was the best possible solution. Firstly, they charge a calendar monthly service fee no matter when you joined, I joined on the 21st so I still paid in FULL for that month despite getting NO service and no paychecks. Had they disclosed that I would have waited till the first of the next month to join.

Their customer service is a non existing joke, they no longer respond at all to my inquiries. The first time I tried to speak to them my message was - "hey, is there a phone number for support?", as I wanted to speak to someone on the phone. Their response was that a ticket was submitted and I will get a response in about 3 days via email....all I asked was if they had a phone number or not...After hours of frustration they PROMISED a supervisor would call me to help, no one ever called.

Now, I have a CRITICAL issue with my employee, he got paid his first paycheck no issue, but his next paycheck was due a week ago and never showed up, there is actually a paystub on the Deel platform showing that he got paid on time, but the money was never transferred to his bank. I'm sure these things happen, that's just life, problem is there is NO ONE to speak to, they have not been answering chats in over 4 days, no response at all, no one to email (I tried, got no response) , and they have no phone number...so here we are.

Pros

I only liked the ideas it promised to do, as it turned out to be a nightmare there is unfortunately nothing left to like.

Cons

The (lack of) support, very little control over salary, many default options that should not work for most businesses, just one healthcare plan which is mediocre and uncompetitive. The part to least like is simply not getting paid, seeing a pay stub that claims you were paid but nothing to show for in the bank and not a single possibility to communicate with a human about your issue. Also they will charge you a full monthly fee by calendar month no matter what (so you will pay the same for 1 day of service or 30)

Matias
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Amazing product

Reviewed on 3/8/2023

Pros

I'm a remote worker, and Deel is (almost) everything I could ask for. It's one of those tools that have a clear objective, and achieve it very effectively. My employer doesn't have to worry about how to pay me, and I can access and withdraw my money instantly and without hassle. I like the amount of options it gives me in one platform. I can access perks (which I'm currently using), I have a debit card that I can use without having to withdraw the money to my bank

Cons

I don't like the fact that we can't access physical cards. Some of us remote workers are digital nomads, or in my case for example, I travel a lot and work from neighbouring countries. It would be very helpful for me to have a physical card directly from Deel, because it's untenable to open a bank account for each country I visit. In my country of origin I'm experiencing very strong restrictions to banking, so it's difficult for me to even use my own banks in foreign countries.Another thing I don't like is the lack of options of crypto withdrawal. Coinbase is closing my account next month solely because of the fact that I'm from Argentina.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Šime
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Deel review

Reviewed on 23/8/2023

All in all, I am quite satisfied with the Deel as a product. It works very well and is easy to use.

Pros

Deel is simple to use. Its features are easily accesible, and they work flawlessly. The payment is always received on time and is the correct amount.

Cons

Most of the deel features are excellent; however, in my opinion, the only downside is the recently introduced authorization because it takes too much time and is a bit complicated.

Response from Deel

Hello,

Thank you very much for your positive review! We're happy to hear you've been having a satisfying experience with our product.

We wish to provide you with the best possible experience, so if you have any questions about the authorization, please contact our Support team, it is always our pleasure to help.

Thank you very much for choosing Deel!

Bad on all fronts

Reviewed on 5/8/2022

Nothing short of bad, a road full of hiccups and disaster.
it was so bad that <2 months in we...

Nothing short of bad, a road full of hiccups and disaster.
it was so bad that <2 months in we started looking at switching to another provider.

Pros

1. it allows you to hire and pay remote employees in a long list of countries and comply with the local laws
2. the onboarding uploading screen of the documents needed is fairly straightforward

Cons

1. the admin has no clue where each one of his onboarding employees is at in that stage (if they have finished it , if there are bottlenecks

2. the UI is nothing short of a disaster - in order for you to try and find things like trying to resubmit expenses you need to click on your contract instead of actually have a dedicated expenses section.
it feels that it was built as an after-thought

3. we've switched from another similar tool where we thought wasn't great but Deel is a freefall (it took me to get the actual counter contract once I've signed mine digitally a week, they aren't really aware of the local legal or much of the regulations so their support isn't really helpful and disconnected form your customer success.

4. we've been on the phone with them daily for over 6 weeks now past the onboarding to try and solve so many hiccups including miscalculations from their end of payments, lack of benefit enrollment

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Very bad support - extremely inefficient

Reviewed on 12/9/2023

Pros

The concept sounds good - the problem is big and is worth solving - could have an amazing impact

Cons

Deel sounds really good on paper, the problem they are addressing is important and their impact could be huge on both their clients and their employees. On actuality, Deel failed to meet the minimum expectations every time they were needed.The processing of the visa was delayed multiple times, and the process is full of inefficiencies. The employee is asked to use the portal to upload their documents, the portal looks good and is comprehensive but is never used by the Deel team and the employee is asked for the same information and documents every time.First payroll was delayed, the rest so far has been arriving on time.The health insurance coverage had interruptions and the support to recover insurance was delayed and underwhelming.Every government application where you'll need them will take 10 times the normal time and cost 10 times the normal cost.The support is really lacking, you will need to reach out over chat to a team that has no knowledge nor ability and is always blocked by other teams that you cannot reach to.

Sebastian
  • Industry: Banking

Best way to get paid and spend worldwide as an international contractor

Reviewed on 21/9/2023

Pros

Super easy onboarding and a debit card that I can use worldwide

Cons

1. No app which makes it a pain especially since I generally use my phone instead of my laptop2. Cannot add cards to Apple/Google Wallet3. Cannot withdraw from ATM

Response from Deel

Hey!

Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Daniyal
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Simple and easy way to get paid

Reviewed on 31/8/2023

Deel has nothing been but a blessing for me, as an individual working remotely and expecting to be paid on time. I never had a problem with the platform, ease of use, convenient access and user friendly through and through. The support team is always a click away if I have any questions or concerns and the perks they offer is just a cherry on the top. Would highly recommend businesses to seek deel services.

Pros

Helps manage and contracting remote human resources. Makes payment process user friendly, straight forward and direct above all. Multiple payout options give user the liberty of choosing their preferred method. Perks of using Deel in form of advance payment on top of means to get paid.

Cons

Integrating crypto wallets and other payment gateways could be a welcome change.

Response from Deel

Hi there!

Cenk
Cenk
  • Industry: Accounting

Great tool to manage and pay the contractors and compliance

Reviewed on 16/8/2023

So far, so good. We recommend it to all of our clients as we are an accounting practice.

Pros

Deel is improving every month, adding new and new features... We like the most:Options to pay contractors: They are flexibleCompliance: Has standard, country specific agreements and also does the KYC and tax forms.Wide services: Depending in where you locate, types of contractors or employees, Deel has a wide range of services and products and as a CEO, I can decide the cost/benefit and choose one. We are not forced to fit a solution but can choose.Client Service and Support: Our client manager is great and we discuss the risks and options and methodologies to choose the right solutions.

Cons

None that comes to my mind... but I would say their EOR solution is a bit costly.

Response from Deel

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed using Deel. Your feedback means a lot to us! We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Irma Rosa
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent personalized Service

Reviewed on 15/8/2023

Great experience, personalized attention and all the patience to go through all the internal process.

Pros

What I have liked MOST about Deel, is the people that has taken the time to explain time after time, how to use it, the benefits, etc. It took a long journey and a lot of meetings with the international to team, just to inform and explain this new tool to different areas. And the People from Deel has always been willing to attend to our calls and doubts. I really can see and feel that there is someone in Deel that can attend to any concern and always with a great attitude. Plus that, the platform is so friendly and intuitive. Our people and inside the company are so pleased with Deel.

Cons

There is nothing I have not liked about Deel

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with our platform and customer service team. We are delighted to hear that you found our platform easy and convenient to use and that our customer support team was able to provide you with the assistance you needed. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service. Thank you for choosing Deel!

andres felipe
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A safe and continuously improving operator

Reviewed on 16/8/2023

So far my experience with Deel is very good, I feel that it is very safe and that it has a solid team always bringing continuous improvements to its customers, but I feel that some basic layers such as the app or as the multi language still need to be addressed.

Pros

I like that it is a system that allows me to keep such exact control over my payments as a contractor. As well as your international card which I use and recommend to my colleagues, I feel that it is a good ally to obtain an excellent payroll manager.

Cons

There are many improvements along the way that can be observed as an active user: There is a very big need for an application for Android and IOS where you can perform a better management and become almost a banking ally for the use of the card. The start can be simplified since it has a fairly wide overload and the amount of data overwhelms and it is necessary to be able to have the multi language, since many of the people hired do not handle English

Response from Deel

Almost perfect for my usecase

Reviewed on 19/8/2021

I am very satisfied with Deel, as a receiver of payroll, as Deel has various options to withdraw my earnings. I can even choose the currency, which is huge. The Deel card is just the icing on the cake for me, as this has allowed me to create prepaid visa cards on the fly and not worry about it getting leaked, as I can quickly disable the card myself from the portal.

Pros

Customer support. They are almost always available within minutes. Usually the hiccups are caused by my own trouble-making. They are very patient and will guide you step by step if required.

Cons

Nothing outstanding, honestly. If I have to complain, it would be the rough edges, that I had to face, but once the team received the feedback, most of the issues would be fixed real quick.

• Industry: Entertainment

A modern and cost-effective platform

Reviewed on 4/9/2023

Pros

The platform makes creating contracts, onboarding, and paying staff around the world extremely easy. The user interface is well-designed and easy to navigate.

Cons

Sometimes product changes happen too fast and there are errors in the automated systems.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel and that you found our platform easy and convenient to use. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Ariel
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Good product

Reviewed on 2/6/2023

Pros

Easy to uae, allow you to control the employees from one dashboard

Cons

The ui and ux should be improved, part of the processes are still not mature

Mariano
Mariano

Deel is the deel

Reviewed on 2/8/2023

Love the website, love what they achieve to centralize every payment in one place.

Pros

Deel help me receiving payments abroad very easy and to send it wherever I want.

Cons

I need to take my money in less than 30 days. I dont understand this rule.Oh and I will love to have an app for my phone.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Bea
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Deel review

Reviewed on 17/8/2023

Overall it’s good. I also used the insurance discount it provides

Overall it’s good. I also used the insurance discount it provides

Pros

Easy to use and accessible anytime when i need to see something ornsubmit my hours

Cons

I’m not sure but would be good if there was an app for it

Response from Deel

Hello there,

Best regards,