Mailjet

4.0/5

Stephen
Stephen
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Mailjet works very well as an SMTP service

Reviewed on 6/8/2018

Sending large amounts of email from our ecommerce website, both of a transactional and marketing nature, is hard. Mailjet helps make this easier, and helps get our emails to our customers, and consistently offers excellent advice and functionality for making this work better both for us and for our customers.

Pros

The Customer Support is excellent. They are very proactive about identifying delivery issues, and are often introducing new features.

Cons

I wish it kept logs longer to help troubleshoot issues after they have happened.

Katerina
Katerina

Mailjet facilitates product management

Reviewed on 1/10/2018

In general I like Mailjet. You set up it once and you forget about it because you know that it is running like clockwork. I always recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

Mailjet is quite easy to set up and use. The latest improvements that were implemented this year make the creation of nice looking emails for different platforms very convenient. User-friendly, colorful and intuitively understandable.

Cons

The most irritating thing about Mailjet is when the account is blocked for some reason and you message to the support they just say "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security rules. We unblock your account". They never say what exactly is incorrect with the domain despite the fact that it could help their customer to improve his domain security or change the hosting. Or as another example, when you have just created your account, you may get the message "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security flags. We cannot allow you to use our system." No any other clarification what exactly their security system didn't like. And you have to go to their competitors.

Richard
Richard

Good overall... But, don't try to do too much too early.

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Pros

Mailjet is very easy to setup as long as you have access to your domain DNS settings. I manage DNS through Amazon Route 53 so changes reflect quickly when I needed to verify DNS ownership. Once you confirm ownership, setting up email API is easy, and works instantaneously - as it should.

I started using Mailjet to send out server and website notifications. For this purpose it worked awesome. I had about 20 websites sending notifications out via MailJet and as long as the domain names were verified correctly it worked great. You'll run into problems if don't verify your domain so if you have issues check that first. Mailjet has an easy domain verification tool that will highlight any issues quickly.

For transactional emails and general emails from an email client MailJet worked fantastic - read the cons section for an area of trouble.

Cons

Since I had such good success using MailJet for our transactional needs, I started using MailJet a couple months ago to send out periodic marketing emails, it's a native feature within their dashboard so I thought it would be nice to consolidate email providers. Well, very quickly we ran into issues and they temporarily lowered my sending limits.

I was able to quickly provide them with the information they needed and they removed the sending limits after 7-days. From that experience, I limited our use of MailJet as a marketing platform, but recently used them again only to run into the exact same problem. But this time the issue was because of the volume of emails sent - not because of any bounce or SPAM notifications. The suspension this time resulted in a much more complicated process in demonstrating ownership over the list of email under my control.

I don't want to pick on MailJet too much on this subject of marketing emails; they position themselves as a transactional email platform, and for that, they're awesome. I only used MailJet for marketing purposes because they feature it in their dashboard and it's easy to use. But they seem far more strict in their email purposes than say MailChimp which seems to be setup more for marketing/newsletter type emails.

Francois Pascal
Francois Pascal

This is the best emailing software I've used to date.

Reviewed on 6/7/2023

Pros

Editing, managing and setting up automatic mailings is easy to implement. Even list management is easy to set up.

Cons

There are a few bugs from time to time, but nothing serious.

Nessma
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Good value for money

Reviewed on 3/7/2023

Mailjet is a good value for money if you're on a budget. It's relatively cheaper than other providers. It offers basic features for an email marketing service. But if you'd like features like automation, testing, templates and usable statistics, you'll the need the premium package which is triple the price.

Pros

The free tier Mailjet offers comes with 200 emails/day, 6000 emails/month. When you upgrade to the essential package, you get up to 50k emails and features like segmentation and email verification for $35/month (10% discount annually.) It's a good value for money if that's what you're looking for.

Cons

Free tier doesn't give you enough features to try to determine if this is the right email marketing service for you. You'll eventually have to get at least the essential package to get a full view of what they have to offer.

Simon
Simon
  • Industry: Food Production

Ecommerce and Mailjet

Reviewed on 22/1/2019

Pros

As we have to be sure that all the mails from our store goes to our customers, we did search for an easy solution. Mailjet is easy to configure and very stable. It was very easy to connect Mailjet with our Storesoftware.
In I think 4 Years of using Mailjet we had to contact the support 1 time, they did help us very well.

Cons

Okay the backend is sometimes a bit confusing and have to click arround to find the things you are looking for

Jules
Jules

Professional tool - value for money

Reviewed on 25/4/2017

Pros

The website gives me the correct information to set up the connection.
Good support service when neaded.
Fast and reliable.
Usefull statistics and reports to download.

Cons

Blocked emails are not always easy to detect what the real reason is.
Sometimes mailjet blocks the email address themselves.
Sometimes the reason is the owner of the email adress, etc.
Not easy to unblock the address that is blocked by mailjet.
There is no control on that, as far as i know.

atul
atul

I have been using Mailjet since long and haven't found anything better than Mailjet, truly...

Reviewed on 27/12/2017

I am in network marketing and this software helped me a lot On daily basis I updates my contacts regarding my new projects without any hassle.Great software ,Keep it up MailJet. Thanks

Pros

I love the the easy n smooth mail sending quality of this software the most but rest of functions and services also awesome like customer support ,Templates,SMTP etc.

Response from Sinch

Hey Atul,
we are glad to hear you are happy with our service! Thank you for taking time to leave a review.

Have a nice day!
The Mailjet Crew

Katherine
  • Industry: Insurance

Mailjet is an easy method to send emails.

Reviewed on 13/4/2023

Pros

Mailjet is a fantastic email-sending application. I just send transactional emails using it. Email delivery is practically guaranteed, and you can track each individual message's progress, receipt, and opening. The ability to create sub-accounts is also useful.

Cons

Maljet's customer service advice could be better, but in my opinion it still has a strong structure.

sama
  • Industry: Capital Markets

The best of email marketing

Reviewed on 2/5/2023

Mailjet is a very Nice application

Mailjet is a very Nice application

Pros

The synchronize of contacte ,the color of platform

Cons

It get more fonction, so excellent for marketing and other business

Hamza

Alternative of Mailgun

Reviewed on 20/9/2022

Pros

Basically both the company name comes under same firm but having lots of different, if you use mailgun in free trial the deliverability comes to 100% but if you purchase then ratio will be different, however, the same does not happens mailjet, seriously i am using this service with multiple accounts and getting same ratio with it, the good thing is that you can save the template in the panel and modified to get better deliverability . Secondly they providing their own unsubscribe link which help us that there system identified the email address of unsubscribe and removed automatically

Cons

One of the cons is to adding payment method every month,as in India RBI has change the policy for online payment

• Used Daily for Free Trial

A very basic service that is seriously lacking in terms of marketing

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

To be honest, I used to own the most advanced autoresponder service on the market. It was designed around marketers' needs and did its job to perfection. I sold the company a few years ago and have been operating manually ever since. This is not a good way to run an online business so I searched for an affordable email marketing service and was recommended to try Mailjet.

I even had someone from our local chamber of commerce come to the company to show me how to set it up. That alone should speak volumes about its user unfriendliness because if someone who had developed similar software couldn't understand it, what chance does the common man have?

The fact that they refuse questions from potential customers has to be the icing on the cake. I mean, can you imagine walking into a store and asking a salesman a question about an item you are interested in purchasing, only to receive the reply "Sorry but we only accept questions from existing customers."? It is a shame because I would happily work with them to take their product to an entirely new level.

As things stand, their system is overly complicated and unnecessarily so. It doesn't cost much because it doesn't offer very much.

Pros

When compared to competing services, its pricing is quite competitive.

Cons

The interface is far from intuitive, especially if you have used other services in the past.
Much of it does not work as it is supposed to. You can waste a lot of time repeating actions until the system finally reacts.
Server response is incredibly slow.
Most of the most important functions needed to use the system for marketing purposes are missing.
As a potential customer trying the software with a view to becoming a permanent user, you may not contact support. They literally refuse all questions from potential customers!

Response from Sinch

Hello, we are very sorry to hear that you had trouble reaching us. If you need to contact us in the future, you can write to us at [email protected]. We remain open to all comments and we'd be happy to assist you. Best, the Mailjet team.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Outstanding Mailing Management Software

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

Pros

MailJet is extremely easy to use and makes the process of generating mailings extremely simple. The UI for generating mailings is intuitive and simple, yet powerful and able to accomodate pretty much anything you'd want to put into an email. I use it generally for doing newsletters to a large group of about 5,000 subscribers.

The overall interface for managing Contacts lists and Campaigns is well done and understandable. Adding and removing subscribers from Contact lists is fairly straightforward and mostly great.

On the rare occasions when I've needed support, they've always been extremely fast and knowledge-able, and solved the issue in short order.

Cons

Three things about Contact lists are a bit annoying:
1) There doesn't seem to be any way to automatically remove Unsubscribed Contacts: you have to download them manually, then upload them to remove them.
2) Same thing with Bounced or other Contacts that you discover from the post-Campaign analysis: there's no button to say "Remove these from my Contact List": you must download them, then remove them through the removal interface
3) Errors from uploading new Contacts is a little clunky when there are errors: again it generates a file that you have to download and look at separately. For most errors (duplicate address, typos, invalid format, etc) in the little uploads that I do as part of expanding the list, I'd just like to see the darned things immediately on the screen so that I could either ignore them (i.e. dups) or fix them (typos & invalid format). Only if the errors go beyond some threshold (say more than 10, and it could be user-settable), should it do the file-generate-and-download thing.

Simone

Mailjet: our choice for transactional emails

Reviewed on 7/9/2022

Mailjet helps us delivering hundreds of transtactional and confirmation emails connected to our web projects. It never fails. One of the most reliable providers I have ever met in my career.

Pros

Mailjet offer various plans based on the size of your projects (there is even a fully functional free one for very small projects). It is very easy to set up, it gives you a lot of different choices to setup domain authentication (preventing your emails to become spam). No frills, everything in its right place and always working.
The interface is very clear in order to communicate to developers which data they should use to integrate their software with mailjet email service, and what to do to avoid black listing, spam, etcetera

Cons

Sometimes their service for automatic detection of domain owners is blocked by firewalls. Thus you need to be able to edit your domain's DNS setting to authenticate the sender.

Paul

We've had multiple problems with Mailjet cutting us off or going down but like the ability to...

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Pros

Ability to search by email address to see the list of emails sent. What's great is that it shows the email subject and status so you can show what was sent, when and when it was delivered.

The hooks are ok

Cons

Very manual process to get someone unblocked and can be slow.

If they are blocked, you still get charged for the email. The email doesn't get queued, so it's lost...

We've also had a problem with our server config so that it sent thousands of email requests to an email address that didn't exist (the mx record didn't even exist!!). We didn't receive an alert of this and got charged hundreds of pounds.

We note that with SendGrid we can just click a button to unblock someone. Saves so much time and makes our clients happy. We're considering swapping to be honest; but they don't show the email subject

Lucas
  • Industry: Design

Of all the ESPs I use, I tend to prefer MailJet for nearly everything

Reviewed on 19/2/2019

The number-one unique feature that Mailjet provides is MJML with a drag-and-drop builder. Hands-down the best way to roll out anything from an MVP email for testing to a full-fledged transactional messaging system. The close integration of the Builder with the Send API to dynamically populate the messages is AWESOME! Separating code and design is definitely a goal that this can help you achieve.

I love being able to send through SMTP. It's a huge plus for managed WordPress hosting environments where it's impractical to run a mail server. I also really appreciate the Mail Parse API, which allows me to focus on processing inbound emails via webhook and JSON -- no messy content or attachment handling.

The freemium setup, as of early 2019, is sufficient to run small operations for $0, and then the entry-level paid plan is such a good value after you outgrow the free level. I recommend Mailjet to all my clients who need mail sending or receipt/processing.

Pros

Freemium pricing structure
Good value for entry-level paid plan
MJML WYSIWYG Builder
Data-merge into stored templates
Email address shortcut to send to entire mailing list

Cons

There seems to be some question about the definition of a transactional message. My client's emails that resulted from visitors filling a form (a transaction, I would say) were blocked based on content filters and the support team didn't have a really good answer as to why, other than quoting their policy that the service is for sending bulk or transactional messages only. This issue may have been cleared up in the meantime.

Adolf
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Mailjet the best current mailing tool.

Reviewed on 30/8/2019

My experience as a Mailjet client has been wonderful both personally and professionally, especially in the company where we have the need to send notifications, advertising campaigns and promotional emails whose processes are evaluated in real time and also have the advantage that These shipments will be customized.

Pros

Mailjet is a very easy to use platform with very striking features, where I can observe all the results of the campaigns that are carried out, which allows us to use all the past content that is stored securely, all this historical we analyze it and We use to optimize our future strategies. A very interesting feature of this system is that we can send transactional and marketing emails from the same platform without incurring additional expenses.

Cons

I suggest that the customer support provided by Mailjet can be improved in the advisory aspect, however this does not prevent it from being considered a platform that is well structured.

Nicolas

Good mailing solution but not the best

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Support are really good (but not abnswering quickly...). Job are nearly done : mail delivered but some go to SPAM folder because Mailjet server is know as mass mailing solution... Could be used for marketing but probably not interested to transactional email

Pros

this make the job we used for : send mail throught smtp and delivery ASAP

Cons

some mails are tagged as spam and so never read by receiver. We can go on next level on MailJet to have private IP but price is no more interesting compared on other competitors with more reputation

San
  • Industry: Capital Markets

They only care about my money

Reviewed on 23/1/2022

I tried mailjet out starting with a free tier account. All my emails are transactional emails. Everything was pretty good. For the second month, I upgraded my account to a paid tier ($16/month) because I anticipated higher email volume. Everything was still good. After the second month, I downgraded my account back to the free tier due to lower email volume. This was when everything went unstable. Emails were missing delivery randomly. Some emails were delayed quite a bit. Sometimes the API only responded to repeated requests. This instability was correlated to downgrading my account. My plan was upgrading and downgrading my account based on my needs. Apparently this pushed their wrong button. I contacted them twice, once through email, once through feedback link. No response. Below was my exact message to them. Mailjet, don't bother to ask me to contact you to work anything out. I tried, I gave up and moved to another provider. I am happy now.

"I adjusted my account based on expected email volume. The downgrade was due to the expected volume in the near future. When volume goes up, I will upgrade again. HOWEVER, since the downgrade, I noticed marked degradation in performance. Some emails didn't get sent, sometimes the API was not responsive. I didn't see that before the downgrade. Can you provide an answer?"

Pros

Free tier is available
API is available

Cons

Service becomes unstable once you downgrade your account

Jennifer
  • Industry: Entertainment

Mailjet review by Jen

Reviewed on 1/3/2023

Pros

Email marketing has become more important and actually a necessity. This product works and is easy to use. Customer service dept has knowledgeable people.The Template-based emails are eye catching and eye pleasing.

Cons

If there were a rating for mobile compatibility I would rate this product 3/5. The screen display adjusts with every click as if it can't decide on which size to choose. An improper size wouldn't bother me as much as the constant adjustment.

Bhagya

No Change in Shared IP

Reviewed on 6/2/2023

Pros

The software is good and easy to use, one can easily understand

Cons

Wrong analytics shown while using API or smtp, suppose if you use smtp to your own test email address, if you are sending to 10 email address and if you open only one email address, it will shown around 4 to 5 instead of one. Secondly now a days it was noticed that they are not changing the shared IP, due to which the deliverability of inbox is constantly decreasing and mails are getting to Spam. The issue most probably comes when you use SMTP for sending emails

Michael
Michael
  • Industry: Media Production

Be aware: very poor customer support and sales

Reviewed on 17/2/2019

Good technical platform, but useless support and sales. Bad / non existent customer sucess management. They really should invest more in there support staff.

Pros

Technical features of platform. Plattform is inuitive

Cons

The support is horrible / not existent. They definitly do not understand customer needs. Here is our latest example:

In our last mailing we worked with an older list to re-engage our older subscribers. In this specific campain we had a bounce rate of nearly 19% (which is without a doubt very high). On Friday Night MailJet deactivated our account without any warnings. By today (sunday evening) it is still not reactivated or working.

This is definitly not what I expect from a professional SaaS company where I have a paid subcription.

William
William

frogdog.io loves mailjet!

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

Mailjet is our go to solution for deploying emails from webforms. We use mailjet on almost every website we do for our clients who can't or won't provide their own SMTP solution.

Pros

Free! At least for our limited use case.
Simple to setup and confirm new domains or addresses.
Can manage multiple clients' needs through a single mailjet account.

Cons

The limitations on the free-tier account are fairly low (200/day), but its free so its hard to complain.

Jessica

Mailjet Review

Reviewed on 21/6/2022

Pros

What I like the most about this software is how easy it is to create templates

Cons

What I like the least about this software is the customer service

I thought it was going to be difficult to setup but it was a breeze!

Reviewed on 24/5/2018

The biggest benefit is of course to be able to mass mail without having an issue with getting your own email server liste.

Pros

The thing I like most is that as a service it just works, the end. I have never had any service related issues from Mailjet.

Cons

I hate to say nothing but so far I have had no complaints with the product or the service. So far all has been exactly as promised.