Vimeo Livestream

Vladyslav B.
  • Used for 2+ years

Great video quality

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

Pros

Easy to connect. Picture and sound were clear

Cons

I only viewed the live video and that experience was great. Did ask for several codes to get access to the live video

Brian G.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great solid Livestream service

Reviewed on 2/3/2020

We have been pleased with Livestream, their customer service has always been very helpful any time we have needed it.

Pros

We starting using Livestream about 7 years ago and it always worked really well for us. We've had few hiccups but it has normally been bandwidth issues on our side. The service itself is pretty rock solid.

Cons

I wish you didnt have to choose to stream to Facebook or Youtube, but could stream to both at the same time.

Maya L.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Love Livestream

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

Livestream is great. I mostly use it to watch church services. But I'm sure it could be used for tons of other things.

Pros

I love that my church uses Livestream for their services. Last week I was sick and was still able to catch the service live. I've been able to watch other church services as well.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches in the live streaming. But this is probably because of my internet connection.

Mark T.

Expensive and CPU hungry

Reviewed on 9/1/2020

Pros

I liked that you could stream live to livestream and then to other forums.

Cons

The higher rate you tried to stream at the more cpu it has to use and would often crash. Uploading videos after for people to watch proved very difficult and you are limited to 3GB.

Linda L.

Live Streaming Blessings!

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

My overall experience with LiveStream has been extremely good. Once in a while when I am not able to attend church, so I can log on follow along. Again, it keeps you updated and in sync with what is going on. Most of all it helps you realize that blessings are still attainable when you use LiveStream.

Pros

I love Live Streaming because I can log on to my church broadcast at anytime and get a real-time look at what is happening. All of our services and most events are accessible through LiveStream. Its convenient, its dependable and above all keeps you connected.

Cons

Maybe once in a while the "stream" will loose connection but, for the most part I have no complaints. I do wish there was better sound enhancement and it was offered on smart televisions. The one thing I hate about LiveStream is that you can get addicted and when that happens you find yourself watching church instead of going to church.

• Industry: Online Media
  • Used for 2+ years

Great platform to get live events broadcast

Reviewed on 8/4/2019

Pros

I love the progress they've made in the past few years in developing their product. It's my go to service to manage smallish events for clients.

Cons

It's expensive and the plans aren't very flexible price-wise on their new ones, but they do provide great service and a great product.

Josh D.

Simple live streaming service

Reviewed on 9/9/2021

Pros

Setup is simple and easy. You can schedule services in advance with just a few clicks.

Cons

Could only send streams to one outside platform at a time.

Mark F.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

No Regrets

Reviewed on 28/1/2019

We use this software weekly to broadcast our worship and preaching segments

Pros

Set up and user training and support is top notch

Cons

Menu/Dashboard jumbled up making it a little difficult to make selections

Paul M.

I love what Livestream Does... But it feels like the 90s

Reviewed on 15/9/2018

Pros

I love the opportunity to simultaneously broadcast on multiple channels like Youtube, Facebook, etc. Once we get it set up, it seems to operate very well. I love the multiple options for quality based on my bandwidth - that is a great feature and allows me to use it while traveling.

Cons

Maybe it's me, but I feel like it functions and looks like a step or two above MS Dos. Honestly it just seems to a bit antiquated and it doesn't need to be. I'm no developer, but I don't think it would be that hard to make it beautiful and more functional.

Amy H.
  • Industry: Events Services

Love/Hate Relationship with Vimeo

Reviewed on 19/8/2021

Our overall experience with Vimeo is good but not anything jaw dropping. We've used it for years to produce our livestream events and while clients complain about the capabilities on the backend, the overall experience isn't anything that pushes them away.

Pros

As an administer of Vimeo, we love the features and functionality that it provides us on the back end. Camera quality is pretty good, but heavily impacted by wifi capabilities as with most streaming platforms. We also love how we can customize the look and feel of our clients screens with overlays and lower thirds.

Cons

The delay between speaker shots and when the video is actually streamed always causes a bit of pain for our clients. If there was a way to make the image if yourself entirely disappear that may relieve some of the annoyances that our clients complain about.

Nebojsa P.

High quality broadcast events

Reviewed on 29/5/2021

We have broadcasted many important events and had them stored safely for later watch.

Pros

The platform supports large number of capture hardware and logical souces like other computers and wireless cameras. It can broadcast many different resolutions with great stability. It stores your events on the cloud as if offers am ammount of storage each type of subscription.

Cons

The software is costy, but offers very good quality as good cost/benefit.

• Industry: Online Media
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Live stream

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

Pros

I like how you can do live streaming just like YouTube. It is easy to use and do a channel.

Cons

The thing about this site you don't have a monetization option to do live streams like YouTube.

Siam H.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy to use, safe and secure!

Reviewed on 7/4/2021

A pleasant experience so far and I look forward to continue using it in the future

Pros

Vimeo livestreaming software turned to be just what I needed when I felt like corresponding with a larger audience regarding research related works. it was able to support top of the line video cameras and when combined with a high speed internet connection, it delivered flawlessly.

Cons

Took me a while to understand the technical aspects of it. Other than that, I cannot think of any downsides/cons to this product. Perhaps the pricing options maybe not suited for certain individuals

Heinz S.
  • Industry: Media Production

For Livestrea beginners a good solution

Reviewed on 27/1/2021

All in all, a solid software, but at a certain point it could no longer cover all our (professional) requirements.

Pros

Due to the low price we started to work with the software. The functions are absolutely sufficient for the start, but when it should become more professional, the software comes to its limits

Cons

Our data volume was no longer sufficient after a while, so we had to look for another solution. We were also looking for ad server interfaces.

Grace C.
  • Industry: Music

Hallelujah! A great resource for music managers

Reviewed on 14/1/2019

Very few complaints with this software, it is easy to use, easy to set up, and simple for an intern to do without much instruction. It can also be used on the road, which is vital.

Pros

I utilize this software as a music manager, for my clients. We often livestream concerts, demos, and songs for social media. It allows seamless integration to our social media platforms, and makes everything look more professional overall. My artists use it to stream to their fans, give shoutouts, or run giveaways when we need to. It also works directly with YouTube, which saves time and is much simpler for me, time-wise. My favorite feature is the watermark, which keeps our branded content all cohesive, and prevents issues with the wrong uploads being distributed. The analytics are nice, although not as comprehensive as I'd like, the info is fairly limited.

Cons

The lags occur, of course, when we don't have strong signals for connectivity, but I imagine that happens with most any online service. I would like better and more comprehensive analytics so we could present them to deciding members of the board, etc.

Tom K.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Excellent Streaming Service. Dependable streaming software.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Excellent service, dependable software, good support and FAQ pages with real answers in plain English, and a very professional approach to a streaming app for the PC.

Pros

Easy to use, to set up events, track usage, etc. Excellent software package for streaming from a PC (Livestream Studio). Very flexible and dependable application. Good support, and the system is stable and dependable. We use it 24/7 from both the studio and for streaming from the field.

Cons

Really only one minor thing: The need to stop streaming for updates occasionally. (Frequently updated.)

Kingsley S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Global presence in my office

Reviewed on 15/8/2021

Pros

Vimeo has taken me places and brought places to me right in my office, the professional transition i have gained through the use of Vimeo is remarkable.

Cons

Issues with network has been a challenge so far.

George K.
  • Industry: Media Production

Useful to stream fast!

Reviewed on 20/9/2019

Flexible and convenient to use.

Pros

Very practical and comfortable interface and great connection with other applications and websites.

Cons

Privacy issues is a bit challenging, with strong connectivity when it comes about big evens and also, unfortunately, sometimes it's hard to join stream meetings.

Jon D.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for Free Trial

My thoughts on Vimeo

Reviewed on 7/5/2021

It's pretty good quality and it's easy to use and share to friends & family.
If more people were on it, I'd love to spend more time on this app

Pros

Vimeo has one of the premium video quality streams online compared to a lot of other live streaming app that will remain nameless.

Cons

There isn't enough promo on this streaming app.
I didn't like the fact that it took me forever to discover this awesome service. If they did more ads in the Google Play store it would be great

Daniel A.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Review of Livestream

Reviewed on 15/3/2019

Livestream enables us to be able to stream services of our church on the internet.

Pros

I like the opportunity to be able to stream church services so that others who cannot attend can see what is going on at the church.

Cons

I don't have any negative feedback on this software at this point.

David C.

safe, secure, and reliable

Reviewed on 28/2/2021

Overall, Vimeo Livestream has been our go-to service since COVID began for making our church services available to those still at home. We have used the embed feature and posted to FB and YouTube to increase our audience as well.

Pros

More secure than YouTube, with the ability to push to any other services we choose (including YouTube and Facebook). Reliable with little to no downtime experienced so far, with consistently good quality.

Cons

Difficult integration with LiveStream Studio 6 and vMix at times - and some clunkiness in setting up recurring live events in the archive options. Some frustrations in navigating other archived videos as well.

Restream and Facebook for Business

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Livestream

Vimeo Livestream allowed us to archive and store videos while still pushing them to all our other services.
Paul M.

Livestream has given us amazing broadcasting options

Reviewed on 25/1/2019

Pros

I am amazed that I can now simultaneously broadcast live on Facebook, Youtube and more. I am really happy with the output... what the product does.

Cons

Livestream's producer seems a bit clunky. Not that simple of a user interface. And I have had the defaults change unbeknownst to me when I went to broadcast. I think the user controls could be a lot better.

• Used for 1-5 months

Good fit if you have to use all the feratures!

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Pros

Its a pro service.
Have many great feature including Multicast live streaming!
Especially if you are a MEVO Cam user.

Cons

Expensive!
Won't recommend if you are full-time livestream and video prod guy/agency.

André O.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

Another good option

Reviewed on 8/7/2021

Its a good option for everyone , easy to use but it's also very similar to others

Pros

Gives a lot of similar options that the competition also have

Cons

It is not very innovative. Has some new things but nothing surprising