Designrr

Content management tool for creating & repurposing content

4.8/5

Robin M.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Surprisingly, AWESOME!!!

Reviewed on 3/4/2021

I am a first-time author and have been in public/motivational speaking for years. I was asked at many of my book signings if a digital version of my book was available. Hearing that once was enough to make me investigate my options, but multiple requests moved me to make it happen sooner rather than later. Designrr has made this process easy and inspired me to create more material to publish for my readers. Thank you Designrr for meeting and exceeding my expectations!

Pros

The conversion process from my original medium form to the myriad of Designrr options is smooth and easy, as it should be. The number of unexpected features is exciting and caused me to dive deeper into the tool and look for more ways to create more material to publish. This is a game-changer and has inspired me to be more active and less stressed about my upcoming new releases.

Cons

Finding formatting options was a challenge and using fonts that are in the original document didn't get converted or made available as editable fonts.

Lauren B.

Once you get the hang of it, this is a good way to create ebooks and PDFs.

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

Once I got over the hump of figuring out how to get the software to do what I wanted, it was a relief because I'd been using Canva, which has unreliable formatting.

Pros

I like the formatting, and the finished product.

Cons

It's a little clunky, and the learning curve is a little difficult.

Milissa J.

Why I Love Designrr

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

I am so happy that I found Designrr. It was exactly what I had been looking for and at an affordable price with easy startup and quick results. If you want a product that is easy to use, quick to help you produce great content and at an affordable price, I highly recommend Designrr. Oh, and you will be surprised when you receive regular email tips on using Designrr and information on other added enhancements . That was an added bonus I had not expected with this product, so thank you Designrr!

Pros

What I like about Designrr is that it is very affordable, simple, easy and straightforward - I was up and running in minutes! The Standard Designrr gives you the ability to import and edit your own content in 9+ different ways and to upload your own images for your project so you have the flexibility to create whatever you want. I use it to create Tips, E-books and Articles quickly and easily with a professional cover and customized look for my business. The built in Content and Index formatting means that I spend less time and effort creating, formatting and producing my projects and more time on my business.

Cons

This is the perfect product to get started and use quickly, however, there are other features I now want to use in Pro Designrr to give me even more flexibility. The Standard Designrr will not allow me to merge content to create a longer Article or E-book as this is available in the Pro Designrr. There are some limitations around the number of uploads you can do, both in the importing of content, and in the uploading of images but this can be overcome by upgrading to the Pro Designrr edition.

Ed P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

It's addictive! Where I used to dread writing a book, I am now working on it day and night. It's really beautiful. It really inspires me to work hard. I just can't stop. I would prefer not to do anything else. The result is fantastic.
And if I don't know how to solve certain problems in, for example, the layout, I use the chat option. Usually I get help very quickly despite the time difference (I live in the Netherlands; maybe my English is not quite good?)

Pros

It makes it very easy for you to keep your book looking very good and professional.

Initially I thought I had to prepare everything in 'Word'. But working in your concept book is also very easy. It makes me very proud of my own book. Or actually 'books'. I already know that I am going to write a whole series with this program. I love it!

Cons

Working with this program makes me so enthusiastic that I don't give myself the time to watch the instructional videos and accompanying texts.

Trina M.
  • Industry: Media Production

Delighted with Designrr

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

Am new to Designrr but had no trouble importing and illustrating a simple document. I opted for the pay once option to get a feel for the app and would consider upgrading if clients want the fancier features. For now I'm content to use and learn about its scope and possibilities.

Pros

Familiarity of navigation. Having used other content management and desktop production software, Designrr was easy to get going. I'd advise exploring the features and checking out video tutorials, but mostly it's pretty self explanatory. Am looking forward to developing some of my earlier training collateral with Designrr.

Cons

So far, so good. I'm sure I'll discover something I'd like to change, but seeing the chat box replies come through pretty quickly, I'll be able to post queries and suggestions there.

Cher H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great way to easily create eBooks from blog articles and more!

Reviewed on 30/3/2021

I love Designrr as a way to quickly and easily convert my articles, courses, and even FB content into eBooks, which I can use as give-aways or to sell. I find more and more ways to use it each time I work with it!

Pros

Easy to use (after a little learning curve to understand the process)
Versatile
Quickly create eBooks (as PDF, for Kindle, flipbooks, and more) to sell
Creates multiple uses for your content and intellectual property

Cons

Some of my desired design layout choices don't integrate easily -- you have to learn how it all works in terms of customizing your layout and content

Walter H.

Newbie

Reviewed on 2/4/2021

Overall I do believe it is a phenomenal program or platform that I can use for my other books that has been sitting because I didn't like the experience of a self publishing company. With designrr I can eliminate that process for good.

Pros

I like the fact that I can write a book and turn it into an ebook and flipbook without a cost of a publisher. I can also sell the download. Make a mini book from the first few chapters to promote the full novel.

I had written a book a few years ago and self published it with a company. Yet I don't receive much on the royalties from it. Plus they are selling it at a price that I believe it too high. With designrr I can sell it at a more reasonable price.

Cons

There are a few draw backs in the design faze. It separates the text into different elements when I imported my raw data. When I tried to make changes I have to rewrite certain sections to get it where I want it.

Stephen W.

Simple but Effective

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

I'm very satisfied with Designrr software. It makes our online marketing materials and training booklets look very professionally produced but with the ease of a well-structured piece of software that is simple to use.

Pros

The user interface is well designed and easy to use
The ability to output the book design as a flipbook is excellent. It looks cutting edge but is really simple to achieve.
I like the fact that the software can create a table of contents so that users can easily find what they are looking for.

Cons

I would like more ability to place images into the design of the book and wrap text around it appropriately. This may be more down to my lack of experience since I have only been using the software for a couple of weeks.

Soumen G.

An honest review of Designrr Software by an Author

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

I am more than satisfied. My readers are really liking my ebook. This is not only value for money they have over-delivered. This is one of the best purchase I have made. Thanks Paul.

Pros

1) User-friendly: anybody can use it, 2) Fast, 3) Excellent Designing, 4) So many features, 5) Prompt reply from support staff

Cons

In the basic package number of templates can be increased. For frequent users, there are chances for repetition.

Shane T.

My Go TO Tool

Reviewed on 20/2/2021

Saves me tons of time in writing and research!

Pros

I have found that with Designrr software I can quickly produce incredible ebooks, PDF's and flipbooks that are very professional looking. I have tried other software but nothing I have tried compares to the ease of use and quality that Designrr provides.

Cons

Image editing and photo enhancement would be great assets.

Alex S.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Good to Start

Reviewed on 20/3/2021

Overall, good.

Pros

I really enjoyed the ease of uploading all of my content, and the downloading of the finished copy.

Cons

I found that
- Finding out how to use different functions required watching lots of tutorial videos
- Making any change on one page usually ended up having me need to go through the rest of the document and adjust little things.

Dudley G.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

It is intuitive and the learning videos are great

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

I've never had a problem with writing content for ebooks - but publishing them? Now that's a different matter! This has made a whole lot easier.

Pros

I was up and running very quickly. It was very intuitive and the learning videos have been great.

Cons

I'm sure there are cons - but I haven't found them yet.

Thomas F.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used for 6-12 months

My review

Reviewed on 14/2/2021

Excellent experience, I highly recommend it to everyone, especially novices like myself.

Pros

Ease of every step in creating a book. The programs made it effortless.

Cons

I had to export the content to a different website for proofing the grammar, spelling and style. It would be nice to have that integrated into Designrr.

Martin B.

Designrr is a great co-worker

Reviewed on 8/3/2021

We operate a technical blog that currently contains over 100 published posts and almost 200 posts in a draft stage. All of these blog posts are created directly on our website. Therefore, we do not have them as text files. However, many readers ask for a pdf copy of one or the other article.
Designrr really helped us to solve this issue. We can create a copy of the published article within few minutes. Moreover, we can select from tons of templates. All of this completely effortless. Designrr saves us plenty of time and resources.

Pros

The software is so easy-to-use and intuitive. You don't need any coding skills. Still, you have a full control over your document.

Cons

I have not come across any issues so far.

Paulette L.

E-book Creation

Reviewed on 9/1/2021

Designrr is allowing me to finally be able to take some of my writings and information and easily put together as a book. I can now offer these books to my clients, for their reading pleasure. Have already recommended the program to a colleague.

Pros

I loved the ability to be able to use the videos to assist me in setting things up, as well as using the software. Having the connection to help if I needed it was also very useful.

Cons

It took some getting used to how to use it, but once I learned the software, putting my book together became easier and made the e-book look so professionally created.

Michael J.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

More bang for my buck

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

Very good

Pros

I love the variety of templates, and the ability to copy and paste from my blog most of all

Cons

I would love to have my messages transcribed from YouTube, but unable to afford the monthly price at this time, also I need several more templates in my niche (religious)

Kerrie M.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Designrr

Reviewed on 17/3/2021

Being able to create stories to go with our board game as a form of creating extra interest

Pros

Very easy to use especially for older people. Creates beautiful books. can edit and move things easily. It has given me an opportunity to see in print all my stories I have told in schools over the years. And to create new stories as an add on to our board game "Colours of the Earth".

Cons

I would like to be able to read flip books easily on my phone

Cheryl D.

Lucky fine

Reviewed on 10/1/2021

I watched the tutorials and created e-material. I sent it to my editor and she loved the end product.

Pros

I have been planning a summit. I have been using a more complex less expansive program to prepare e-material. I found an ad about designrr. What luck.

Cons

Nothing. I love the entire system. Thank you.

Jonathan F.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

So easy to use and great looking books

Reviewed on 30/3/2021

Easy to use and great looking books.

Pros

Designrr, is so easy to use and I had a great looking book in a matter of minutes. This is going to be a tool that is going to be used every day.

Cons

Yet to find a downside. Are there any? If there are I cannot find one.

Juan carlos M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Opinion

Reviewed on 1/11/2020

ExceLlent

Pros

Ease of use, simplicity, results obtained

Cons

No have any thing to say about this topic

Takisha R.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great Software

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

Pros

What caught my eye to purchase this software was the ability to use this in my business to make it easier for me down the line.

Cons

This product is easy to use so I shouldn't see anyone to have a problem with it.

Davina B.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

This Works

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

I loved the way it downloaded from word it was perfect

Cons

Maybe I could select the book covers up to a certain amount verses the preselected covers

Betty M.

A must have tool

Reviewed on 4/1/2021

Awesome

Pros

The integration was easy and the entire process was flawless even though I had zero experience in creating a e-book

Cons

The blocks,it was kind of confusing in the beginning but after following the tutorials it got better

Steven H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

My Story - Nostalgic Stoke Booklet

Reviewed on 20/2/2021

Awesome. Even got the booklet published. Now available to all my clients.

Pros

The ease to create a booklet from pdf files. I've been looking for ages to find a software capable that wasn't going to break the bank.

Cons

I haven't really found any faults as yet. only used it for a couple of weeks.

Shedrick C.

Love this software

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

Pros

I love the fact that I can create quality ebooks and informational material for my customers and prospects.

Cons

Sometimes the features and site needs to be refreshed because they will not work or page becomes jumpy....otherwise great product!!