Bookkeep

Automated bookkeeping just got smarter.

5/5

Maureen
  • Industry: Accounting

An Integration worth its Value and More....

Reviewed on 10/6/2022

My overall experience has been great. There has been a huge learning curve with reporting e-commerce sales in comparison to other businesses. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] have been great to work with.

Pros

The integration to the apps & QBO is clean and thorough. When mapping a client, customer support has provided support. Bookkeep's customer service is far superior than its main competitor. E-commerce is not an easy industry in regards to reporting sales and it's constantly changing. The Bookkeep staff remain steadfast with the industries demands and are constantly trying to increase their applications to make our jobs easier as bookkeepers.

Cons

I would like to see all transactions that occur in Paypal to go through the Paypal Balance (clearing) Account. That would make it easier for the bookkeepers to reconcile the account and decipher what is exactly missing from the months transactions when reconciliations issues arise.

Sharon

Sharon from Turner Accounting & Consulting Services LLC

Reviewed on 8/4/2022

Pros

The Bookkeep app is very user-friendly. I love that it integrates with so many different platforms and I can bring on more new e-commerce clients. The staff is AWESOME!!!

Cons

I have a non-profit ministry that uses the Churchtrac app for their online giving which the payments are processed through Stripe. I would love to be able to integrate this app with Bookkeep.

Joyce

Mass migration

Reviewed on 15/4/2022

Needed to import Shopify and Amazon data for six months. Made it relatively easy to get that done.

Pros

Setup was relatively easy and getting an appointment with the onboarding team through their calendar app was a nice feature.

Cons

Unable to assign different class codes in QBO.

Tyler
  • Industry: Restaurants

Better than any other transfer method available

Reviewed on 11/6/2022

We have used a quickbooks transfer and other third party apps but bookkeep has been the best by a long shot. They use journal entries instead of QB aweful sales/invoice mess. The customer care team is also top notch. I know the other apps are a little cheaper or free but you get what you pay for so save yourself the headach and just use bookkeep. P.S. I also recomend verify.com for your invoices, with them and bookkeep I have substantially cut down my QB workload.

Pros

It was easy to use and the customer care team was extremely helpful.

Cons

Nothing, it does everything we need it to do.

Rachel
  • Industry: Accounting

Can't live without this product

Reviewed on 8/4/2022

I have a great relationship with the folks at Bookkeep and they are extremely helpful.

Pros

So I STILL post sales journal entries manually for some clients. Because of the volume I only do it monthly. With my clients that I am able to integrate with Bookkeep, all of those daily sales post automatically and I don't have to do anything! HUGE life and time saver.

Cons

My only gripe is that the PayPal integration only allows posting to one expense account. Looking forward to assigning multiple accounts

Sarah

Support

Reviewed on 31/3/2022

Excellent customer service. Especially from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros

Books allows the integration from Shopify to Quickbook to be seamless. When there is the odd issue the customer service from Bookkeep is excellent and I always get my problem resolved quickly.

Cons

I wish I could use it for all my intergration needs. We use Touchbistro for our restaurant and the intergreation tool isn't nearly as good.

Pat

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

We are adding a client's Amazon accounts to Bookkeep. Since this was our first time - questions abound. The answers are clear and concise and especially TIMELY!

For other clients it has cut reconciling time for Shopify and PayPal accounts from hours to minutes.

Pros

How it stream lines information coming into Quickbooks.

Bookkeep also responds so well when we have issues; bringing many people in their organization to your problem. So wonderful to have this support with a new product.

Cons

It does change your Ledger accounts - be sure to add everything they suggest in the correct account type.

Zee

Best Option, Thoughtful Mapping to QBO, Always Improving, Fabulous Support

Reviewed on 3/5/2022

Bookkeep support staff was extremely helpful explaining and assisting with understanding the options of how to setup my client with three Shopify stores plus PayPal. Their assistance was specific and on point to my accounting needs integrated with QuickBooks Online. I'm looking forward to using this with all my clients where the need fits. I took a long time to decide on Bookkeep and while this is still new to me, I'm grateful for how they have developed this SaaS and for the additional connections in development.

Pros

I like the fact Bookkeep is setup to think like an accountant working with QuickBooks Online specifically. Mapping feature is thoughtful and providing us with Journal Entries is of ultimate importance.

Cons

I have not yet had enough experience with Bookkeep to like anything least yet and what I have experienced, I'm very pleased. This software is leaps over the others I reviewed. More professional, on point, thoughtful.

Kelsey
  • Industry: Accounting

Customer support is the best

Reviewed on 2/5/2022

Pros

The software easily imports Square sales into QBO and the team is extremely helpful and responsive.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches or a transaction fails and needs to be re-initiated. (Make sure to reconcile so you catch these!) But Bookkeep chat support is always there to help and their response is almost immediate.

Astrid

Astrid Griffiths

Reviewed on 21/4/2022

Fabulous! Would never want to be without it now.

Pros

I love the customer service. Amish, Ananie and Alta are proactive and responsive to issues. I am clumsy with this program as it is a new tool for me and taking me a while to figure out how it works. So I bug them more than I should and they are patient with me.

Cons

I fine it a bit difficult to navigate the errors and trace them back to Square or Shopify

Amy
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

You Need Bookkeep

Reviewed on 3/5/2022

Pros

Daily and accurate journal entries mean I know where my business stands every day without a lot of checking or calculating between different programs. No more confusing journal entries from multiple sales channels and stores! No more, why won't this balance? What batch is that, etc?! PLUS the customer support is insanely good! Not only did [SENSITIVE CONTENT] get me set up properly, but they walked me through all the connections and links and entries so I really understand where the numbers are coming from. Buy. This Now. If you are a busy entrepreneur, it will change your life. Rock Stars!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything at all. Life saver.

Meggan

Square + QBO Sync

Reviewed on 4/4/2022

All the people who work for Bookkeep were engaged in the onboarding of their app. I really appreciated the personal onboarding service.

Pros

Bookkeep has amazing customer service. They take the time to make sure their connection is working accurately. They do not just "map & go." I really appreciated Anish and Ananie's level of patience and explanation. They have the bookkeeper's best interest in mind and the sync is a beautiful match to QBO's bank feed. It make bookkeeping a breeze!

Cons

Nothing - they are even prompt to respond in the chat box support.