Wave.video

Go live, create thumbnails, prerecord, edit and host videos.

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.6/5
4.5/5

Laura
Laura
  • Industry: Events Services

One of the best video editors for marketing

Reviewed on 20/3/2021

My favorite video-making app is Wave, because it makes making videos super easy for me. They have tons of templates and audio files that work well.
No effort required to get professional videos.

Pros

While I have small knowledge in the field of Video Editing, such an application offers a great deal of great features and is super easy to learn.
They offer everything you need for video marketing:
- Text to video
- Auto-captions
- Video templates
- Image and sound stock
- Voiceover
- Video editor
and more.

There are new features and improvements being launched on a weekly basis!

And a change is immediately applied when a bug is detected or a problem is noticed.

Cons

None at the moment: I am very pleased with the quality and price of the product (I bought a LTD from them).

Lurline

Wave.Video Yearly CheckIn

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

Benefits is time and cost saving trying to produce imagery to specifically carry out our message on social platforms.

Pros

Very intuitive in the design and abilities to edit the clips that you are working with. Like that when I'm storyboarding a project, I can "favorite" those ideas and the flow I think it could take and when I'm ready to place the clips it is easy to wade through my favorites to narrow it down for my creative.

Cons

Least is the limit on length of video that you can edit. Was looking to work with longer range videos and it would hardly load, impossible to edit, mainly because it breaks videos into :15 sec clips.

SmarterQueue and Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Reasons for Switching to Wave.video

Seemed to have the most diversity of product and video clips/images available underneath subscription that could be shared across multiple platforms.

Wave.video is a good solution for basic video creation

Reviewed on 6/10/2018

As a medium-sized marketing consultancy with limited resources, I'm finding Wave.video very useful for quick video mock-ups as well as basic video content creation that I can do myself in less than 20 minutes.

Pros

It's relatively quick and easy to set up, use and understand.
Its a great solution if you don't want to spend too much on video editing software and just need a "quick fix" solution.
You can create good videos even if you have no video editing experience at all.
The ability to upload your own fonts is useful.

Cons

The ability to customise videos is extremely limited. There is a "cookie-cutter" approach to the way text, colours, logo's can be applied to your video, so you're limited to a very small range of colour options for text.
I couldn't find a way to save videos that were a work in progress, which means you have to fully complete your video and download it before you can start working on the next one, which isn't very useful if you're working on multiple projects at the same time.

Paul
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Found the right tool

Reviewed on 10/3/2023

Pros

I previously used OBS and it made the process a bit complicated. Setting up was quite difficult. When I finally made the jump to Wave.video it was so easy and very user friendly.

Cons

No issues for us at this point, all is working well

Streamyard, Restream, API.stream and vMix

Reasons for Choosing Wave.video

Was having some issues with the OBS software freezing.

OBS Studio

Reasons for Switching to Wave.video

Found the software easy to use and the pricing very reasonable.
Dario
  • Industry: Market Research

a platform with great potential and easy to use

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

The ease of use, storage, landing pages, its templates and many more things, make this software a unique alternative for those of us who seek to edit videos for ourselves or our clients.

Pros

In my case, when using it on a 16 "mac with i7, I see the processor is set to 100%, I understand it is video editing and it consumes, but perhaps for a simple video I see that it consumes a lot of resources.

Cons

You can create a video in less than 5 minutes and use it for your social networks. If you do online

PixTeller, Canva, Vimeo and VistaCreate

Reasons for Switching to Wave.video

I have considered Pix Teller, even Vimeo for storage, but this has it all integrated, and as I said its ease of use is unique for those of us who are not experts but need the use of videos. Crello or Canva also fall short if they want to make videos.
Andrew

Got to get

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Pros

Intuitive interface
Stable
Great features

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

Adobe Premiere Pro, Camtasia and InVideo

Reasons for Switching to Wave.video

Easy to use and can get a finished product in minutes
Yetunde
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

OMG! Could this be any easier

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

I am officially in love with the software. I've already made 3 videos and it took me less thank 10 minutes. This is a gamechanger.

Pros

I love that it can be branded, personalized and soooooo easy to use.

Cons

It's a little slow and I'm not sure if it's the software or my computer.

Viddyoze

Reasons for Switching to Wave.video

I liked the promo video and description from Appsumo and the lifetime deal made total giveaway.

Easy to Use Software

Reviewed on 18/8/2019

Pros

Wave is easy to use, has a lot of good Stock-Pictures and -Videos and Stickers. It´s easy to create a good looking video for social media.

Cons

Wave doesn´t have an App yet, so it´s Desktop only.

• Industry: Design

Wave.Video Good But Not There Yet!

Reviewed on 4/10/2018

Overall I like using and working with the Wave.Video app, it allows me to generate quick but professional looking promo videos for my client to use on their website, social media etc. I'm hoping that the app will grow with more features and enhancements to provide more value in the near future.

Pros

Quite easy to use and generate a professional looking video very quickly. Layout and UI of the web app is clear and intuitive.

Cons

The app can be slow and laggy at times but this as improved as the app has matured over the last year. There should be more value for money as a lot of the branding option are locked into the highest paid subscription tier and there should be more choice of high quality free stock video to choose from.

Joysurjya
Joysurjya
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

A Beginner's Tool to Making Catchy Videos

Reviewed on 29/2/2020

When I first started on the youtube project for my company back in March 2019, I had absolutely no idea about video production. The best I could do was create templatised videos. I stumbled upon wave video and it made my work a lot easier. Before using Wave video, I was able to barely create 1 video in 3 days. After joining Wave video, my work went by a lot faster and I was able to produce atleast 1 video a day. I'd say for those who are starting out in video content, this would be a solid recommendation.

Pros

1. The user interface is simple. Drag and Drop to reorder frames, add images and video clips is what makes a good beginner video editing application.
2. The library of stock images and videos is huge and the quality is great as well.
3. The inbuilt templates for videos are well thought out and help out beginners while making their fist videos.

Cons

1. The subscription plans are a bit pricey, even the base tier. This could potentially deter a lot of budding content creators from opting for it when starting out.
2. When creating videos larger than 1 minute, the interface gets lagging while trying to edit and scroll through frames.

Response from Animatron

We are so happy and proud to be part of your journey Joysurjya. Thank you so much for posting your review.
- Daniel.

Nicola

Easy to Use, Flexible with New Features

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

Wave allows us to quickly produce high quality videos to promote our online courses and to prepare tutorials for learners and faculty members. As a small and growing non-profit organization with just a few part-time staff, we don't have the resources to pay a professional videographer. The ease and flexibility of Wave allows us to save on marketing while we grow our customer-base and develop the administrative systems we need to expand exponentially.

Pros

At first I was disappointed with the simplicity of the software, but Wave has recently (summer 2018) added features that make it a lot more flexible, including:

1. voiceover capability
2. more flexible text positioning
3. additional text transitions
4. smooth borders for text
5. colored backgrounds, including tints for videos

I've always liked the color schemes in Wave, and the ability to choose from a variety of contrasting color options to back smaller images. The images, videos and music in the library are extensive and generally of high quality. The ability to quite quickly change the format (size) of the videos is very useful.

Cons

I've used both the free version and a subscription. The free version has a watermark on all the videos. It would be nice to be allowed say one video per month that isn't watermarked, or put the watermark/Wave logo at the end instead of it running throughout the video, which is very intrusive.

I can't find anything I don't like about the subscription service. All of the limitations that irked me when I started using Wave (like not being able to do a voice-over) have been resolved. I am looking forward to further improvements.

Ren
Ren

Best Video Tool Ever!!

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

This tool is simply fantastic. I can do so much more in this video editor than I ever knew I could do because it is easy to figure out and has great templates, unlike tools I tried before (Movie Maker and PowerDirector). It also has great stock footage included (I bought 2 codes to unlock all the features) and the price for the paid stock is reasonable if you need it, but I've found such great footage in the free stuff I haven't needed to buy anything extra. This tool elevates my deliverables tenfold.

Pros

Very easy to use and get started. Intuitive interface - limited editing options but that helps make it easier to use than the pro tools. Great stock selection, good templates/layouts, makes editing, creating, and resizing videos really simple.

Cons

The text overlay feature is a little clunky but the team is regularly taking feedback and making updates. Sometimes they break things when updating... like I lost my roll-in effect but they fixed it quickly once I reported it. Could have more image editing options but what is has is decent. Could allow for 2 audio tracks to overlay - perhaps it will soon!

Response from Animatron

Hi Ren,
Thank you for your detailed feedback!
I will pass it to the team.
Since you wrote the review we added background removal for images, please check it out
We also announce new features live weekly on Fridays at 11 EST. in our Facebook group. Join us live to learn all the news:
Thanks again,
Kate

Charlie
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great all-in-one video platform

Reviewed on 2/11/2022

Pros

I chose wave.video primarily to host and embed videos on my website without ads. They have generous limits and an attractive and customizable player.You can show or hide the: play bar, time elapsed, quality, volume, speed, full-screen, download, wave.video logo. Videos can be looped, set to autoplay, muted, tap to unmute. A custom thumbnail can be set. Videos can be password-protected There's also simple analytics including engagement, unique plays and total time played.Videos can also be hosted on individual landing pages if you'd like where you can choose from simple pre-made templates. You can add: a title, description, CTA, logo as well as tracking pixels. Wave.video branding can be hidden but I don't think you can use a custom domain.There are many templates to choose from but if you'd like to go it alone creating videos from scratch is simple. There's a large stock library of video, image and audio to choose from, and many scene templates and text styles out-of-the-box.You can create separate "Brands" with different assets: colours, fonts, logos etc.I have only used live streaming to test it. It's super easy to set up (I tried with YouTube) and it's definitely nice knowing I have this ready to be used. You can pre-record and set it to premier it "live" which I thought was cool.

Cons

I might be inclined to make use of the landing pages if we could use our own custom domains.

Tony
Tony
  • Industry: Media Production

I tested more than 40 online video creation systems, and wave.video is the winner for my needs

Reviewed on 28/9/2018

Overall, it's a pleasure to use, with a very nice interface, and it makes video creation very easy and very fast.

Pros

Unlike many of the other systems, everything about the fonts - type, size, color, position (and time placement and delay of the second line), animations, color and opacity of text background, even drop shadow - completely customizable. It puts no limit on the number of videos you can create and download, nor the number of clips that each video can use. It comes with stock footage, and it has a real preview function where you see changes as you do them. Also unlike many of the other systems, you can insert, delete, change length, crop, rotate & re-arrange clips, and add transitions between clips.

Cons

While it does have good pre-built templates, I'd like to see a great many more (like some other systems provide). Also, changing text color is unnecessarily complex and seemingly inconsistent, involving have to make changes to a "Brand" section, instead of just selecting the text and dragging through a color rainbow circle. I'd like to be able to use Wave.video with my teams. Layering images could be easier (right now it involves a workaround of using the logo part of the CTA module to do it).

Kirsten
Kirsten
  • Industry: Veterinary

A Must Have for Quick & Easy Video Creation

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

We've been taking basic (boring) blog posts and turning the main points into 30 second videos. Talk about easy and effective! The software is easy to use and pricing is so reasonable, there is no reason NOT to jump on the wave.video train. If we have some funny out-takes or just something we've done around the office, it's easy to upload that, edit/trim if needed, then add some fun extras to zip it up and really grab attention. Add our watermark, some music, then download it and get it out on social media all within an hour. And we aren't professional video/graphic designers--so that's how easy it is to use! Wave.video has made it possible for us to stay in the social media game with the easiest video creation out there.

Pros

Wave.video is easy to use. You can start with your own images or videos and blend those if needed with MILLIONS of their images and videos. Recent upgrades have added tons of "extras" for words, stickers, .gifs--they have so many fun things to take your video to the next level and really engage your audience. And you can auto resize all videos depending on social platform needs (a life saver feature, imo). Pricing is beyond reasonable.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet! I guess being patient while a video is uploading/downloading?!?

Marketing Videos made easier with Wave!

Reviewed on 3/11/2018

My final recommendation of Wave is that it is a very solid product and Digital marketers / business owners would love to subscribe to its service. I do hope they make it accessible on mobile so it will be a sure winner for everyone. Mobile first!

Pros

What I really liked about Wave is the ready made templates. Recently they introduced the Calendar which makes it easier to publish videos 365 days in a year! My husband and I love making videos on the fly using Wave.

Cons

Maybe the least liked about Wave is that sometimes it is so slow to Render the project. We got the Pro plan from a social deal and at times, it really takes time to render the video.

Mirela
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great tool! Love it.

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

Easy to use and you don’t need to go after external assets to make great videos.

Pros

- Templates: Lots of really nice templates to start. So we can make nice videos fast.
- Assets: They have a great free asset library, including video, music and image.
- Text: Many text styles and animations. You can also upload your own font.
- Formats: It lets you alter the format of a pre-made video (like from square to YouTube format). That is really useful when you work with different social medias. So i can create a video and easily adapt it to other formats.
- Rendering: Rendering is fast, never had to wait too long to download my videos. And it is done in the background.
- Caption: They have a caption feature.
- Content Calendar: Shows you in advance the important dates and has themed templates suggestions (like father's days, etc). Some holiday dates will vary depending on the country, so some will benefit more. But we can benefit from the ideas and adapt to our country calendar.

Cons

So far I didn’t find any cons. Was a smooth use.

Sheryl

Videos for Social Media

Reviewed on 20/8/2018

I love how quickly and how helpful my customer service guy that answers my questions.
I have had a...

I have had a great overall experience with Wave

Pros

I love that I can choose several formats for all social media outlets. Having all my photos in a file for a particular subject is great, I can make several videos to promote my clients using assets that I only have to upload once.

Cons

I do wish that I could have slide less than 30 seconds. I would like the ability to control how many seconds - even to do a stop-motion short video. Then I wouldnt have to use other software.

Justin

Video Creation software on cloud that replaces many desktop programs

Reviewed on 9/2/2022

Pros

Reliable, error-free software with good consistent performance. Clean and intuitive UI. It's a great video making software that got done right. GIF and meme support is helpful, we can't be serious all the time in this era. Multiple text and audio track support. Auto-captioning. Blog post to video feature is great too. Ability to directly publish to social media platforms as well as gooogle drive, dropbox, etc. Currently in beta for live streaming with overlays and multiple platforms streaming. This will catapult the already good one into much higher level above competitors.

Cons

I wish there would be some more complete basic editing provided for videos and images as well as ability to blur for a particular frame or scene, loop a video. Green screen video support to be able to select a solid color and its strength level to make a video transparent. Scheduling in social media sharing could also remove the need to use another software.

Tina
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used for 6-12 months

Even I Can Do It!

Reviewed on 14/8/2018

I am not too 'computer savvy', so I still have issues where things aren't looking right. I have had to call/chat sometimes several times with the same issue, but the support is patient and goes over it with me. Having this program enables me to be right in there with the other marketers/advertisers (since videos are the thing now). It allows me to step up my advertising on different platforms. to use professional videos THANK YOU

Pros

It really is easy to use. I am not internet/computer savvy and I am finally getting the use of my hands back so clearly not on the same playing field as other advertisers, but even I am able to do it! I like that support is available to assist and it's not someone emailing me. Truly a game changer for the advertiser/marketer of today.

Cons

1) Music. Everyone's taste in music is different and the pieces there may not coincide with personal likes. I personally do not use the music anymore. 2) I am 'under' our business leader and when there are upgrades, new options Confusing as to whether they apply to me or not 3) sometimes difficult locating a specific video to use

Brian

Finally! The Video Tool for Marketers

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

I've tried many video creation tools for simple explainer videos or social media posts. This one beats them all hands down.

Pros

It is full-featured with lots of free stock images and footage. There are options for paid royalty-free creative as well but, to date, I've found everything I need in the free category.

Set up is a breeze and there are templates for everything. Rather than read through documentation, you can just grab a template and customize it to see how various elements work.

Rendering is fast and deployment directly to social media accounts is a snap. There is also an option to publish a preview to a generic URL so that, as an agency, we can send to a client to review (requires Business license).

Cons

I would like to see some improvement in the UX on the editor.

Shannon
Shannon

Great Video Creation App For Social Videos

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Very good. Creating simple videos for social media used to take hours, not we can create them in about 20 minutes using Wave.

Pros

It's a video creation app that has a specific focus, social media videos. It has just enough features to get the job done but not overly complicated to use. If you make videos for Facebook, Instagram, etc, then this is a really easy way to create your own custom videos. They also have a nice library of stock videos you can use for free as well as inexpensive ones you can purchase.

Cons

Sometimes the editing options can restrict what you can do with the video, which is fine most of the time but may frustrate some video makes who want total control over their videos, in which case they want to look at a full feature video editing solution.

Lyle

Wave.Video - An Honest review

Reviewed on 9/4/2023

They [sensitive content hidden] and team are actively developing the tool and are open to suggestions. I have not had any bad experiences and am grateful that I am able to use their tool.

Pros

I like that I have the ability to livestream my content across various platforms and then I can immediately edit and repurpose the videos to post on other social media platforms.

Cons

I would like to see auto sync of voices uploaded to the system to their text to speech function. It's not really a con, but would streamline my workflow.

Crystal
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great streaming app

Reviewed on 15/2/2023

Pros

Really like how easy it is to use those streaming app.

Cons

Like everything this app does nothing negative to say

Nicolette

Quite pleased and optimistic about future use

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

I've been using Clipscribe for my short clip social videos, and have been happy with it. Seeing Wave.video piqued curiosity, but I wasn't sure I'd really need it as I also have inVideo, Final Cut Pro, Camtasia, etc.

I went ahead purchased the Business Plan to check it out. I'm pretty happy that I did.
It is far superior to Clipscribe in that you have access to stock video, music, and you have a timeline where you can edit your clips and add in fun elements to it.

It took me a little bit to navigate, so I don't feel it is 100% user friendly off the bat, but after playing with it for a few hours, I totally understand how to use it, and I LOVE everything I'm exploring.

Overall I'm really happy with this purchase and do not see a need to continue using ClipScribe. That's a win in my book!

Easy to learn
Beautiful interface
So many features to play with and integrate
Able to add multiple clips to the timeline, add stock video, stock photos, and royalty free music
Able to save brand colors and fonts
Able to upload custom fonts (huge win!)
Can create so many different projects, limited only by imagination!

Cons

I would love to see them add the ability to create waveforms along with the audio. Other than that, no cons at all!