Wave.video

Cloud-based video making and editing software

4.4/5

Denise S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Wave Video User

Reviewed on 31/8/2019

Overall experience is great. When I first started my store I didn't know how I would make quality videos for advertising and when Wave.Video was suggested and all the support behind it made my fears for advertising go away.

Pros

The selection and ease for creating, downloading and launching to social media sites.
Training and FB community are awesome!

Cons

When at the publish step and start writing the title and information if you switch off of it to go look or grab on another page then when I switch back to the wave video tab publish step it wipes out clean to restart.

Laura G.
  • Industry: Events Services

One of the best video editors for marketing

Reviewed on 20/3/2021

My favorite video-making app is Wave, because it makes making videos super easy for me. They have tons of templates and audio files that work well.
No effort required to get professional videos.

Pros

While I have small knowledge in the field of Video Editing, such an application offers a great deal of great features and is super easy to learn.
They offer everything you need for video marketing:
- Text to video
- Auto-captions
- Video templates
- Image and sound stock
- Voiceover
- Video editor
and more.

There are new features and improvements being launched on a weekly basis!

And a change is immediately applied when a bug is detected or a problem is noticed.

Cons

None at the moment: I am very pleased with the quality and price of the product (I bought a LTD from them).

Nicola D.

Easy to Use, Flexible with New Features

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

Wave allows us to quickly produce high quality videos to promote our online courses and to prepare tutorials for learners and faculty members. As a small and growing non-profit organization with just a few part-time staff, we don't have the resources to pay a professional videographer. The ease and flexibility of Wave allows us to save on marketing while we grow our customer-base and develop the administrative systems we need to expand exponentially.

Pros

At first I was disappointed with the simplicity of the software, but Wave has recently (summer 2018) added features that make it a lot more flexible, including:

1. voiceover capability
2. more flexible text positioning
3. additional text transitions
4. smooth borders for text
5. colored backgrounds, including tints for videos

I've always liked the color schemes in Wave, and the ability to choose from a variety of contrasting color options to back smaller images. The images, videos and music in the library are extensive and generally of high quality. The ability to quite quickly change the format (size) of the videos is very useful.

Cons

I've used both the free version and a subscription. The free version has a watermark on all the videos. It would be nice to be allowed say one video per month that isn't watermarked, or put the watermark/Wave logo at the end instead of it running throughout the video, which is very intrusive.

I can't find anything I don't like about the subscription service. All of the limitations that irked me when I started using Wave (like not being able to do a voice-over) have been resolved. I am looking forward to further improvements.

Andrew F.

The best cloud based video editor for Marketing Agencies

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Overall, Wave is a fantastic platform with a lot of amazing features! It is the best cloud based video marketing editor we have found and we do love using it!

Pros

The best thing about Wave is the fact that you can with just one click reformat a video into any platform. If you needed for a version for YouTube but then also wanted to get a square version for Instagram you can do this in literally just one click. The other feature that we have used is the text feature. Wave makes it pretty easy to add text to your video clips and then arrange them where you want them to be. They also provide some advanced features like being able to add a transition to your text. Overall we love using Wave for our agency and it has been a huge help for us specifically with marketing videos as it makes it easy.

Cons

There are some features that Wave is still missing and thus it is still not able to fully take the place of needing a video editor in many cases. You can only trim a clip in .5 second increments which means if you needed to trim a clip below .5 seconds then you would have to do this outside of Wave and then import it back in. The other key feature that we have found missing is the ability to jump anywhere on the timeline. If I make a change to one small part towards the end of the clip, I literally have to watch the entire clip from the beginning just to watch that part. Wave also lacks a lot when it comes to audio. You can fade in and fade out but other things like splitting an audio clip to add an additional track is not possible.

Lolita G.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great service that I can't live without

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

When I cam across Wave I just couldn't believe how easy it was to create video! I use it everyday for my social media pots, also for the online course videos that I am making. I can't image my business without this easy solution! And the music and videos are so professionally made and it is so easy to use, it takes me few minutes to create a video and post it on my social media. I already told other business owner about it, and they all surpliced how easy it is to use! I will continue to use Wave and recommend to everyone!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use the software! Few clicks and I am done with the video that I want to make! Also it has so many videos, images and music, that can satisfy even the most picky user!

Cons

There are some videos and music that I would need to pay. But to be honest - there is so much of free stuff that I don't feel like I am missing out.

Syed R.

Wave.video- ‘is a unique combination of online editing toolkit and landing page builder in one...

Reviewed on 28/9/2020

My overall experience with Wave.video is very good. As I mentioned, this tool is a dynamic platform and anyone can finish their task online which is really convenient.

Pros

Wave.video is cloud-based which assures superior editing online. This is such a dynamic and user-friendly editor I must say. I am using this for a long time because I can finish my all marketing project with efficiency. Wave.video enables you to create stunning content with their latest features, elements, and updated text feature. I like the fact that they have the fundamentals to create a design and you can do it online. I think integration with social media is great and it’s made it easier to optimize your project to the network. Wave.video is packed with a lot of video clip, music, and other elements which are helpful to be creative with this tool.

Cons

Sometimes, I observed it’s got slow when I download any video, and I didn’t like the fact that the interfaces are not always user-friendly.

Tina V.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used for 6-12 months

Even I Can Do It!

Reviewed on 14/8/2018

I am not too 'computer savvy', so I still have issues where things aren't looking right. I have had to call/chat sometimes several times with the same issue, but the support is patient and goes over it with me. Having this program enables me to be right in there with the other marketers/advertisers (since videos are the thing now). It allows me to step up my advertising on different platforms. to use professional videos THANK YOU

Pros

It really is easy to use. I am not internet/computer savvy and I am finally getting the use of my hands back so clearly not on the same playing field as other advertisers, but even I am able to do it! I like that support is available to assist and it's not someone emailing me. Truly a game changer for the advertiser/marketer of today.

Cons

1) Music. Everyone's taste in music is different and the pieces there may not coincide with personal likes. I personally do not use the music anymore. 2) I am 'under' our business leader and when there are upgrades, new options Confusing as to whether they apply to me or not 3) sometimes difficult locating a specific video to use

Michelle felicia -.

Great value for spectacular prices

Reviewed on 5/8/2019

My experience with wave have been amazing! I’ve mainly used my own videos and images, but whenever I’ve needed to use their library I’ve always found great material!
It’s super easy to use regardless if you use your own images and videos or theirs... it’s fairly easy to find music and sounds that aren’t already overused by other video makers.
It has a lot of creative features

Pros

1. You’re not bound to type of video
2. Huge library with quality images and videos, both free and paid <3
3. Very dedicated team behind the program, they want you to succeed!
4. Easy to use
5. Loads of features

Cons

The VoiceOver feature does still need a bit of work...
I can’t think of anything else right now

Sk C.

Excellent Package

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Pros

Wave Video is a comprehensive package that is continually improved and updated. Could not ask for a more responsive team.

Cons

Updates are sometimes glitchy at first, but they fix them!

Shannon R.

Great Video Creation App For Social Videos

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Very good. Creating simple videos for social media used to take hours, not we can create them in about 20 minutes using Wave.

Pros

It's a video creation app that has a specific focus, social media videos. It has just enough features to get the job done but not overly complicated to use. If you make videos for Facebook, Instagram, etc, then this is a really easy way to create your own custom videos. They also have a nice library of stock videos you can use for free as well as inexpensive ones you can purchase.

Cons

Sometimes the editing options can restrict what you can do with the video, which is fine most of the time but may frustrate some video makes who want total control over their videos, in which case they want to look at a full feature video editing solution.

Adele B.

Fast, fun, and easy - Wave was a great addition for our agency!

Reviewed on 28/9/2018

Very happy with it. Have created some great pieces especially for social sharing. Clients love how quickly we can turn around something and the ease with which we can edit it before going live.

Pros

Super simple to create great looking, perfectly formatted videos quickly. We can take a concept idea to online fast! And when mocking up ideas for big production concepts, it's easy to create without getting into heavy production before a client is ready to move on it.

Cons

There are few limitations, it's more about managing your expectations of what you have the tool to do - what it is and isn't built for. Can be a little slow when "ripping" the new video for download, but that could just be the impatient person in me talking.

Thamara D.
  • Used for 6-12 months

One of the best video editing platform

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

I was able to create branded video with high quality output to increase our audience. It is not very difficult to use and understand.

Pros

With this platform, we can create videos which can increase our product audience. We can have video library which is built-in with the platform and we can use that stock videos to our videos.Even we can set multiple clips and make a video within few minutes.Also, with the drag-and-drop media upload feature will help to creators to reduce time when creating videos.Even we can add GIF images or stickers to our video with the platform.

Cons

If we are planing to use free subscription plan, we need to remember that there will be watermark on all created videos. Also required some key knowledge regrading video editing skills.

Liz M.

Super easy to create high quality videos!

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

I'm using Wave to create video posts for social, as well as high converting Facebook video ads. Find it easy to create them without complicated editing or having to shoot my own video. Good value for money if using it regularly.

Pros

I'm a total non creative. But I find it easy to create videos from all the assets in the Wave library, and to make them look professional and compelling.

Cons

Restricted placement of text overlays on the video. Would love to drag and drop the text into an exact position rather than pre-set placements.

The easiest way to create video

Reviewed on 14/8/2018

Pros

The hardest part of creating video for me isn't the editing, but finding the right footage to use. The stock footage integration has been a game-changer, giving my team what we need to produce awesome content for social media.

Cons

Still relatively new, the editing process can be a little buggy. It has vastly improved in the year that I have been using it, but I still sometimes encounter small challenges when trying to customize clip timing, adding text, and previewing.

Blair M.

Platform is good ... music needs BIG improvements

Reviewed on 21/8/2018

Overall really good platform. Great for someone starting out with some video for their social media and don't have time, money, or know how to use other more robust software and search for assets. It is all here in one place.

Pros

- Easy to use
- Good selection of videos
- Upload feature for using your own videos is great
- Good selection of templates

Cons

- Music seems to be lacking compared to other services I have used. Hard to find ones I like sometimes.

• Industry: Wholesale

Pretty Solid with a few kinks

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

I've been able to make promotional videos and basic video editing that is saving us some headaches with buying more expensive software when this handles it just fine.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and the multitudes of photos, graphics, gifs, etc. that are available to use for creation.

Cons

The general bugginess. It tends to have issues when condensing videos either in preview or even after downloading, though typically it does work after a few tries. Also I find it ridiculous that what amounts to video editing service doesn't have the ability to start from the middle of the video. If the software can handle videos up to 15 minutes or whatever it is then you have to have the capability to start from anywhere. Even editing my 3 minute video was a massive pain because of having to play and wait the length of the video every time I made a change just to see what edits near the end look like in the final product.

• Used for 1+ year

a good start but needs work for real customization and professionalism

Reviewed on 6/10/2018

decent for quick drafts but not dependable to have all different sizes produced with quality from the one-click to produce button as text etc gets cut off or wraps poorly.

Pros

fairly easy to create a variety of sizes and formats

Cons

overall editing of clips is very very time consuming. it takes a lot of time and patience to properly format text, timing and you can't really overlap assets with layers other than text over image or text over video.

Jan D.

Best place to start making videos

Reviewed on 28/9/2018

Easy and fast way to create videos. Haven't discovered any bugs or problems. It's nice to focus on creating and not on crappy software. I highly recommend this service.

Pros

Easy to understand, straight forward to use, fast. Great effects and functionality. Supports 4k editing. Imports video and photos from cloud storages. Everything you need for personal or business.

Cons

The lack of 9:16 format (vertical video). Too little music / sounds to choose among (depends on the subscription plan of course)

Wave.video Review

Reviewed on 20/3/2019

My favourite way​ to create engaging video content.

Pros

- A very practical way to make video content.
- A huge​ free and paid​ video, music, and image gallery at your disposal.
- The interface makes it very easy to create a video from scratch.

Cons

- It can be very slow when downloading or in the creating process​ since you are doing it online. It will be great if you could download the program to your computer and run it from there.

Idah W.

Fabulous tool, very easy to use

Reviewed on 30/3/2019

Video is more eye catching when advertising, and this software makes it super easy to create quick videos

Pros

It's simple to use! New to marketing, this tool really improves the quality without investing a heap of time. The videos produced can be simple and effective or as 'clever' as you like.

Cons

The 'stock' videos are expensive to purchase esp when creating multiple videos on a regular basis.

Great Tool, But You'll Need More

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

I use it somewhat regularly, but I have to use it in conjunction with other online video platforms and imovie.

Pros

I love how it easily helps you adjust videos to various sizes.

Cons

Trimming videos has not always been that accurate or easy. The way you have to change font colors is annoying. Having to specify which colors to use beforehand is annoying. More flexibility with fonts and use of texts would be nice.

Dan D.

Wave Video Makes It Easy for Marketers to Create and Go

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Overall, my experience has been really positive. Our marketing budgets aren't large and social video is an effective tool to create engagement. Wave makes it easy to quickly create a video and deliver it to our audience.

Pros

I really enjoyed their templates and access to stock footage. You can easily search for videos and import them without having to leave the site.

Cons

The editor can sometimes be temperamental.

Ben L.

Fast, Easy videos with Wave.Video!

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

It's been an instrumental tool for our agency and helps improve the speed at which we can create video ads for our customers. Definitely a tool we'll continue to use for a long time.

Pros

It's ease of use and the speed at which you can put videos together that look professional.

Cons

Nothing yet...after designing over 30 short videos to be used with Facebook ads, our team hasn't noticed any limitations.

Awesome for subscriptions

Reviewed on 22/4/2019

Pros

The tutorials and templates are great, and the software is overall very user-friendly. I would recommend to anyone using this product to sign up for their subscription.

Cons

Downloading your video can take awhile with Wave.

My opinion

Reviewed on 6/4/2019

I have been able to make my own videos using wave.video. now I have a YouTube channel that contains my videos with the help of this software. Am glad I came across it...

Pros

The already made short video clips that can easily be edited to your own video.

Cons

The videos are not long. But I have being able to solve that by adding more video clips together.