Wave.video

Cloud-based video making and editing software

4.4/5
4.2/5
4.5/5
4.5/5

Shannon L.

Finally a Video App that Makes Video Creation Easy!

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

I own a social media agency that works with many small business owners with extremely limited budgets. Wave makes it possible for us to either create videos for them at a very affordable price or we train them on how to use the platform themselves. Their videos come out looking professional and they like that.

Pros

I really enjoy the ability to easily create several canvas options for all the different social platforms. It also has a very robust stock image and stock video library to pull from.

Cons

I do not like the inability to customize the watermark and the challenge to adjust the call to action option at the end of each video.

Animoto

Reasons for Switching to Wave.video

Animoto was not as nearly robust as Wave. Promo video was in a sense a repetition of what you offered, but I liked your overall platform better.
Toiny W.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great Tool for Social Media Videos

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

Overwhelmingly positive

Pros

I can easily scale my videos between social media platforms. It's easy to replace template images with my own.

Cons

Adding text or stickers, and timing them to come in perfectly is frustrating. This function is not very intuitive. However, it does exist and it is possible.

• Industry: Events Services

Great tool to make videos

Reviewed on 11/6/2022

It is a great tool to use, easy for deployment and pleasant. Similar to canva , except some of the video/pic stocks have to pay. It has a whitelable function to send the artwork for approval in a link, which is very nice.

Pros

We love the text to video function, the AI is very intuitive and also easy to use

Cons

Paying for the video/picture stocks , we hope to have more free stocks

Canva

Reasons for Switching to Wave.video

Canva is our everyday go to tool, but wave has an intuitive ai that can create video from text, excellent usage for a quick video
Hannah T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great for this Novice

Reviewed on 28/9/2018

I have gotten a lot of great feedback within our company that they enjoy the videos. We are using them to highlight current employees and their personal and professional achievements. Our goal is to use this as a tool to recruit and retain great talent. As well as boost morale within our company. Although I can be frustrated with the

Pros

This interface is extremely user friendly, which I love! I like the folder function, the automatic save ability, and the theme suggestions.

I love that I have the ability to upload my own font. That is huge in terms of maintaining graphic standards and raising brand awareness! I also really like the different options provided as ways to make the text interactive.

Cons

2 really big cons: 1) when I review my edits in this program, the video and audio do not always align. Often times, there is a lag of video to audio - regardless if the audio is from the video or overlay. Therefore, I cannot be sure I have the video exactly the way I want it (audio, images, text, etc.). I understand playing the video in low res while editing because of the amount of data it requires. Furthermore, I am consistently streaming 90 Mbps through our internet provider directly to my computer, so I don't think it is a matter of low internet speed. 2) I cannot use more than 1 audio line at a time. For example, if I have a picture that I want to overlay music and voice with, that isn't possible. That's a huge drawback.

I also have one small drawback: I don't like that I am limited on text color. For example, unlike being able to upload multiple fonts, I am very limited on color scheme and the presentation of themes (although I do like the few options I am offered).

Andrew jude S.

fulfills my marketing video needs

Reviewed on 5/3/2022

It's a very good software and I love it a lot. I've already recommended it to 2 of my friends who make videos for their customers.

Pros

Wave.video is super easy to use. There are thousands of templates that you can just edit, and you're good to go. There are plenty of useful features like: subtitles/caption, royalty free music and more. I also love the fact that you get a dedicated landing page for each video. It looks super professional.

Cons

I wish they gave unlimited access to premium royalty free videos and musics. Sometimes you can get copyright strikes for using their songs.

Andrew L.

Got to get

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Pros

Intuitive interface
Stable
Great features

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

Adobe Premiere Pro, Camtasia and InVideo

Reasons for Switching to Wave.video

Easy to use and can get a finished product in minutes
Eyüp Ö.

Wave.video

Reviewed on 19/4/2022

Pros

The interface is beautiful and useful. Stock library is very useful. I can find a lot of what I'm looking for

Cons

It gives an error after making some videos. All the time I've wasted is wasted.

Ibrahim S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Managed to fulfill my recording works easily

Reviewed on 16/6/2022

Pros

Wave.video is so easy to use, interface is user friendly, great themes and feels good to be able to upload custom fonts.

Cons

Watermark can be a pain, but other free versions of video recording softwares has this too.

Lyle W.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Wave.video review

Reviewed on 29/4/2022

Excellent software by an excellent team!

Pros

I like how easy it is to use the live stream software and then how easily I can repurpose the lives stream for social media teasers with captions.

It’s an all in one solution!

I also like how active the founders are in their Facebook community and how they listen to the input of their customers.

Cons

Not being able to autosync my audio entirely for my text to speech videos. I have to do it on a slide by slide basis but I have to say the process is really quick once you get the hang of it. I not really a con just wish I could autosync my whole audio file as it would improve my workflow.

Riley H.
  • Industry: Music

Wave.video use for Independent Bands

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

Pros

Wave.video was a simple platform for our team to jump into, especially at a late hour in the project when we were searching for a quick solution. It did not take long to learn the basic skills required to get a good final product.

Cons

At this point, we have yet to discover a con when utilizing the software.

Andrew M.

Best Value video marketing software

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Wave has enabled me to add video creation to my social media marketing efforts for my clients without significantly increasing my costs. They are and I are very happy. The market leader’s platform has a few more “bells and whistles” but these don’t justify the significant additional expense in my opinion, and the Wave product send to be on a rapid path to add new features anyhow.

Pros

Enormous library of stock images and videos at really licence fees.

Cons

Not quite as fully featured as the leading rival - but a fraction of the cost, especially as an agency.

Promo.com

Reasons for Choosing Wave.video

Value for money.

Promo.com

Value for money.
Anna F.

The only video creation tool you will need

Reviewed on 2/8/2019

It takes 20-30 minutes to create a cool video for my clients. If you are not using it, give the free trial a try!

Pros

LOVE it! It has all you need to create great videos easily: Backgrounds, sounds, music, overlay and transition effects, etc. I manage to use to create short social media videos as well as short how-to video tutorials. I think it's the largest collection of video templates out there and you can easily edit each one until it's completely unique. Love their social media calendar too!

Cons

I think it took me some time to figure out how to do what I need it to do... Also it works much better in Google Chrome than FireFox. There are small bugs here and there. Sometimes I need to close the project and return to editing to get it to work again, but it may be my browser overload.

Laura G.
  • Industry: Events Services

One of the best video editors for marketing

Reviewed on 20/3/2021

My favorite video-making app is Wave, because it makes making videos super easy for me. They have tons of templates and audio files that work well.
No effort required to get professional videos.

Pros

While I have small knowledge in the field of Video Editing, such an application offers a great deal of great features and is super easy to learn.
They offer everything you need for video marketing:
- Text to video
- Auto-captions
- Video templates
- Image and sound stock
- Voiceover
- Video editor
and more.

There are new features and improvements being launched on a weekly basis!

And a change is immediately applied when a bug is detected or a problem is noticed.

Cons

None at the moment: I am very pleased with the quality and price of the product (I bought a LTD from them).

Nicola D.

Easy to Use, Flexible with New Features

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

Wave allows us to quickly produce high quality videos to promote our online courses and to prepare tutorials for learners and faculty members. As a small and growing non-profit organization with just a few part-time staff, we don't have the resources to pay a professional videographer. The ease and flexibility of Wave allows us to save on marketing while we grow our customer-base and develop the administrative systems we need to expand exponentially.

Pros

At first I was disappointed with the simplicity of the software, but Wave has recently (summer 2018) added features that make it a lot more flexible, including:

1. voiceover capability
2. more flexible text positioning
3. additional text transitions
4. smooth borders for text
5. colored backgrounds, including tints for videos

I've always liked the color schemes in Wave, and the ability to choose from a variety of contrasting color options to back smaller images. The images, videos and music in the library are extensive and generally of high quality. The ability to quite quickly change the format (size) of the videos is very useful.

Cons

I've used both the free version and a subscription. The free version has a watermark on all the videos. It would be nice to be allowed say one video per month that isn't watermarked, or put the watermark/Wave logo at the end instead of it running throughout the video, which is very intrusive.

I can't find anything I don't like about the subscription service. All of the limitations that irked me when I started using Wave (like not being able to do a voice-over) have been resolved. I am looking forward to further improvements.

Kimberly M.

There's no place like VIDEO! Wave Easy.

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Pros

I used to work with another video platform product where I didn't have the functionality of adding certain assets to my videos. Mostly I work with video platforms for Facebook/Insta or social selling videos so it was critical for me to use my own VO options or license safely with graphics that would help get to the pain point and solution of my products fast. Wave did this as they keep adding new features...one that I love is small gifs or animations such as pointing hands or smiley faces that warm the video up well but also get very specific of where a customer should look or click. The more you use Wave the easier it is because you know what works and what doesn't. They also have a great feature to zoom in/out with your video in certain areas to showcase something you know consumers can't live without. THere's also a great transition option from "shot to shot" as you can add pictures to videos as well. Very nice robust platform. Oh, you can increase the speed of the video you uploaded too which is super fun if you have a longer demo but want to speed it up to the eye. It's fun to watch and build. The best part, the price. My agency loves this product and I only stumbled upon it because I saw a cool video and asked how it was made. Nice that a novice agency owner can use it and not have to hire out on things I want to do fast especially for social media.

Cons

Once you upload a pic or video, you can't erase it. They are looking into this.

Heather N.
  • Used for 1+ year

Allowed me to eliminate other software subscriptions and create videos faster!

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Your video software is one of the best and simplest I've found. Wave.video makes video editing simple and fast-- whether I have content or NOT!

I love that Wave.video gives access to such a huge library of audio and video to get started.

No tech-spertise needed! The interface is easy too!

I've been using Wave.video a while now for both myself and for clients, and it's allowed me to be able to cancel a lot of unnecessary software subscriptions and reduce my expenses. On the contrary of an expense, Wave.video is an INVESTMENT.

It's helped us increase our production speed. And improved efficiency also means improved profits. PLUS, happier customers with faster deliverables.

Anyone here reading, you GOTTA get Wave.video!

Pros

The quick single click to resize any video is fantastic--PLUS, the newest feature to add captions automatically!

Cons

When selecting from the audio library, missing the ability to select with finer filtering-- like duration or tempo. It does have SOME filtering, but I'd like to see more to be able to make faster audio selections.

Also, as an agency, missing being able to add additional users to an account with each having their own unique login credentials and permission levels.

Ren C.

Best Video Tool Ever!!

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

This tool is simply fantastic. I can do so much more in this video editor than I ever knew I could do because it is easy to figure out and has great templates, unlike tools I tried before (Movie Maker and PowerDirector). It also has great stock footage included (I bought 2 codes to unlock all the features) and the price for the paid stock is reasonable if you need it, but I've found such great footage in the free stuff I haven't needed to buy anything extra. This tool elevates my deliverables tenfold.

Pros

Very easy to use and get started. Intuitive interface - limited editing options but that helps make it easier to use than the pro tools. Great stock selection, good templates/layouts, makes editing, creating, and resizing videos really simple.

Cons

The text overlay feature is a little clunky but the team is regularly taking feedback and making updates. Sometimes they break things when updating... like I lost my roll-in effect but they fixed it quickly once I reported it. Could have more image editing options but what is has is decent. Could allow for 2 audio tracks to overlay - perhaps it will soon!

Response from Animatron

Hi Ren,
Thank you for your detailed feedback!
I will pass it to the team.
Since you wrote the review we added background removal for images, please check it out
We also announce new features live weekly on Fridays at 11 EST. in our Facebook group. Join us live to learn all the news:
Thanks again,

Dan P.

Ride the Wave!

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

Creating high quality ads and other videos quickly with pro results. Every feature update just makes it better and better.

Pros

Wave video is easy to use with constant upgrades and feature implementation. The devs are available to everyone and they also do weekly videos introducing the newest upgrades.

Cons

Perhaps expanding the length of videos that can be edited.

BIGVU

Reasons for Switching to Wave.video

Best value for my use case.

Response from Animatron

Hi Dan,
Thank you for your review!
We listened to you, and other user-generated feedback and expended support for videos from 10 minutes to 30minutes! We are very proud of that update!
More changes to the timeline are coming soon!
Stay tuned!
Best,

Matt H.

Amazing Video Creator and Keeps Getting Better

Reviewed on 15/8/2018

Using Wave is very easy yet with a lot of power. They have streamlined our process while allowing the creativity to be high. I run an agency that runs ads and social marketing for local businesses and Wave has been a key tool to allow us to deliver content that is engaging and delivers the businesses' unique value.

With these videos we can often see a direct increase in new leads and customers when paired with targeted advertising.

Pros

I've used this tool for just over a year now and here's my thoughts:

- The tool does one thing really really well - amazing online videos.
- The process to create and publish on any platform is very intuitive.
- It's diverse with effects, pulling together clips, and just has any feature that I need.
- It makes Facebook advertising using video easy and 10x more effective.
- Support is quick and helpful. I've had a few issues in the past year and they have helped or made it right if it was their fault.

Cons

Early on in use I found certain pieces limiting like audio editing, lack of effects, timeline adjustment awkwardness. In 2018 these have all been fixed and improved to where I don't find anything limiting. If I need to get in depth then I go to a full video tool like Adobe. But for online videos this tool does it all.

Lurline S.

Wave.Video Yearly CheckIn

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

Benefits is time and cost saving trying to produce imagery to specifically carry out our message on social platforms.

Pros

Very intuitive in the design and abilities to edit the clips that you are working with. Like that when I'm storyboarding a project, I can "favorite" those ideas and the flow I think it could take and when I'm ready to place the clips it is easy to wade through my favorites to narrow it down for my creative.

Cons

Least is the limit on length of video that you can edit. Was looking to work with longer range videos and it would hardly load, impossible to edit, mainly because it breaks videos into :15 sec clips.

Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Reasons for Switching to Wave.video

Seemed to have the most diversity of product and video clips/images available underneath subscription that could be shared across multiple platforms.
Matthew E.

Wave Video is a mature platform with a lot of stock assets that helps you make incredible...

Reviewed on 28/7/2021

Pros

Wave Video is the most stable online video creation service that I have used. The editor is easy to use and there is no noticeable lag. I have yet to experience any issues with rendering, like I have with other video creation platforms.

They have a huge amount of premium stock assets (including videos) available for free, and the ones which aren't available at no cost are very competitively priced. I like the content calendar which provides inspiration but also suggests a large number of hashtags to use for engagement when you select a template.

Cons

The templates that are available are a bit basic when compared to some of the competition. I'm sure some people like this style, but I would have liked to see some more variety in the templates.

Response from Animatron

Thank you, Matthew!
Wow! 10 out of 10 looks amazing to me!
I will pass your feedback on templates to the designers.
We believe that less is more and we are trying to make it easy to edit and customize all the aspects of templates to make the final video look unique.
Still, there is always room for improvement!
We hear you!

Kind Regards,

Himanshu G.

Handy video creation tool with consistently growing set of features

Reviewed on 30/5/2021

Wave.video is good... and the team is continuously improving it and adding new features.

Pros

Wave.video has made our video creation process much easier. It has the most intuitive editor I have seen so far in online video creation tools. Moreover, it has lots of ready-made templates for our use case, which is mainly video marketing. The timeline is buttery smooth, and the collection of stock videos is awesomely large.

Cons

I felt that the video rendering process takes a lot of time. The other tools that we use do it way faster. It also lacks the transition effects in comparison to our other video creation tools.

InVideo
Tony R.
  • Industry: Media Production

I tested more than 40 online video creation systems, and wave.video is the winner for my needs

Reviewed on 28/9/2018

Overall, it's a pleasure to use, with a very nice interface, and it makes video creation very easy and very fast.

Pros

Unlike many of the other systems, everything about the fonts - type, size, color, position (and time placement and delay of the second line), animations, color and opacity of text background, even drop shadow - completely customizable. It puts no limit on the number of videos you can create and download, nor the number of clips that each video can use. It comes with stock footage, and it has a real preview function where you see changes as you do them. Also unlike many of the other systems, you can insert, delete, change length, crop, rotate & re-arrange clips, and add transitions between clips.

Cons

While it does have good pre-built templates, I'd like to see a great many more (like some other systems provide). Also, changing text color is unnecessarily complex and seemingly inconsistent, involving have to make changes to a "Brand" section, instead of just selecting the text and dragging through a color rainbow circle. I'd like to be able to use Wave.video with my teams. Layering images could be easier (right now it involves a workaround of using the logo part of the CTA module to do it).

Frustratingly Close To Great

Reviewed on 16/8/2018

I hoped to build videos quickly on this from the get-go as that is the value proposition here. We're not there yet. Too many companies are offering minimalist user interfaces, as clutter is taboo, but they leave VITAL editing functions (TRIM) relatively hidden, compared to the space they give Font selection. LOTS of wasted space in the GUI.

Pros

They are right on time, providing different export sizes for various social media platforms. An editor that handles 4:5 and 9:16 isn't common YET. It is a huge feature. Fairly straightforward work space.

Cons

Their scant 2 tutorials and 2 (yes just 2) FAQ's are a joke. They leave out TONS of necessary information needed to get up to speed: How to change brand colors, where in the editor is the video trimming icon? Wasted space in the GUI. Poor documentation. Tons devoted to their other software. Once I publish to one social media platform, there is no obvious way to publish to the next.. It simply says 'your video is ready'. Poor ratio of paid stock video offerings to free ones.. Same with pix. And all templates use images/video you must pay extra for, forcing you to basically remove their clips or start from scratch, which I do, negating the "ease of use" grade. Come on... If I want a paid asset, I'll turn to it, but don't force it on me..

Andrew F.

The best cloud based video editor for Marketing Agencies

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Overall, Wave is a fantastic platform with a lot of amazing features! It is the best cloud based video marketing editor we have found and we do love using it!

Pros

The best thing about Wave is the fact that you can with just one click reformat a video into any platform. If you needed for a version for YouTube but then also wanted to get a square version for Instagram you can do this in literally just one click. The other feature that we have used is the text feature. Wave makes it pretty easy to add text to your video clips and then arrange them where you want them to be. They also provide some advanced features like being able to add a transition to your text. Overall we love using Wave for our agency and it has been a huge help for us specifically with marketing videos as it makes it easy.

Cons

There are some features that Wave is still missing and thus it is still not able to fully take the place of needing a video editor in many cases. You can only trim a clip in .5 second increments which means if you needed to trim a clip below .5 seconds then you would have to do this outside of Wave and then import it back in. The other key feature that we have found missing is the ability to jump anywhere on the timeline. If I make a change to one small part towards the end of the clip, I literally have to watch the entire clip from the beginning just to watch that part. Wave also lacks a lot when it comes to audio. You can fade in and fade out but other things like splitting an audio clip to add an additional track is not possible.