Flatly

ETL platform to link and export data from multiple resource

4.7/5
4.4/5
5/5
5/5

Steve M.

Flatly working with Freshdesk files

Reviewed on 4/1/2022

U used to spend a lot of time exporting and importing CSV files from our helpdesk system in order to produce accurate timesheets for our clients. With Flatly the amount of time I need to do this has greatly reduced.

Pros

Flatly just works efficiently and effectively in the background every day and saves me a lot of time from manually exporting and importing CSV files

Cons

Pre-emptive alerting to problems would be useful.

Ivor C.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Easy and effective

Reviewed on 28/6/2019

I have been able schedule a regular job to take an extract from Insightly CRM directly into Google sheets so that the data there can be manipulated using Google Apps Script. The reporting built into Insightly didn’t do what I needed easily and I didn’t want to get into calling Insightly APIs from my code. Flatly’s service coincided so closely with what I wanted to do that I almost couldn’t believe it existed!

Pros

Very quick and simple to get an extract running direct into a Google sheet

Cons

Over a 2 year period the columns in my extract have changed without warning a few times. I mostly put this down to changes in my data source (Insightly), however in retrospect some sort of built in warning within Flatly would be useful. Either that or I build checking into my software, which I don’t really want to do.

Andrew B.

Easy to interact with

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

Pros

Easy to interact with, great/responsive customer service

Cons

Unfortunately the integrations I was looking to use were not currently functional. I reached out to customer support and was quickly refunded. They also said they would get in touch with me when the integrations were functional again. Window to having integrations working was < 2 weeks.

Simon L.

Simple, Easy to use, works great!

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

Pros

Did exactly what I wanted and setup took less than an hour.

Cons

There are a lot of great integrations already setup but I wish there were more or a way to setup my own API's with my custom applications.

Michael C.

Does exactly what is was designed for

Reviewed on 15/3/2021

The team is very friendly and there to help.

Pros

It has never failed me and their support is great.

Cons

Everything has always worked great so far since I have used it.

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great No-Coding Tool

Reviewed on 22/7/2019

Fabulous.

Pros

Flatly is a great way to pipe data to places you need it. It is extremely easy to set-up and has been 100% reliable for us.

Cons

The only thing I could possible ask for would be to cross-reference tables via custom queries. But its probably a little unreasonable to ask for this given Flatly's price point.

Steve M.

Great tool for Migrating data

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

We used it to migrate CRM data from our old system to our new system. Flatly made it possible to move the data quickly by extracting it in the proper format and also minimized data loss by updating daily.

Pros

It is quite an intuitive product that is really limited only by the availability of data at the source.

Cons

There was not much I didn't like. As mentioned, the limits were really on the sources.

Ed K.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

No direct DB access, no problem

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

It just works. We ran into a challenge that our new ticket system (Fresh Service) did not have direct database or PowerBI access. Flatly allowed us to pull our data to an Excel data source and keep our familiar PowerBI dashboards.

Pros

Allowed us to keep our existing Power BI dashboards when the source we switched to did not have direct DB access.

Cons

I wish we could manually force some syncs during development. Once things are setup we don't need constantly updated data, but it would be nice to have a limited number of manual syncs per day. I also wish the data could go to Teams or Sharepoint so it didn't need to be tied to a personal OneDrive.