James G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Poor customer serivce. Will not buy again.

Reviewed on 13/1/2021

Pros

I used Payroll Mate from 2013-2017. This is a great value for the money. I was able to run multiple companies without purchasing additional licenses. The software meets needs of small businesses who have a basic payroll.

Cons

The customer service was poor, and for this reason I will not buy this software again. It was very difficult to get a competent response when there was a problem. I've worked with many different payroll software companies (ADP, Paycom, QuickBooks, Patriot), and I would rate all of them better than Payroll Mate.

• Industry: Accounting

PAYROLL PROGRAM EVEN DUMMIES CAN LEARN AND USE VERY QUICKLY.

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

HAVING PAYROLL MATE HAS ALLOWED OUR BUSINESS, WHICH WAS 100% TAX ANALYSIS AND PREPARATION SINCE 1974 TO DOUBLE OUR CUSTOMER BASE BY PROVIDING PAYROLL SERVICES FOR MANY OF OUR CUSTOMERS WHO YEARLY ASKED US FOR THIS SERVICE. SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS MANY YEARS AGO.

Pros

EASE OF USE, SIMPLICITY IN EACH STEP AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THE CONVENIENCE OD JUST CALLING IN FOR HELP AS OFTEN AS NECESSARY. THE HOME OFFICE PERSONNEL ARE SO FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. THEY MAKE ONE FEEL AS IF THEY ARE TALKING TO A FRIEND.

Cons

THERE IS NOTHING THAT I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT PAYROLL MATE.

Makes doing payroll much less of a headache!

Reviewed on 15/1/2019

Pros

There has never been a time where processing payroll was a joy to do, and bad software can make that 1000% worse. This software though actually has made the whole process a lot less painful. Payroll is still not something I look forward to but it's definitely more bearable.

- ease of use is 10/10, intuitive design and easy installation
- data transfers over from year to year seamlessly
- Direct Deposit!

Cons

Integrating data into Quickbooks can be a little difficult however, I mostly blame QB for this.

Jay G.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Payroll Mate-best value for the price

Reviewed on 16/3/2017

this product does the job, does payroll for my small company, nice and easy and easy to get tax liability reports etc. and I can export the data and import it into Sage accounting, now I dont have to pay (thats Sage's cost with payroll included) a year to Sage to keep updating my payroll and their accounting software, since Sage offers really nothing of value each year in their accounting software the cost outlay to them is almost pure payroll expense. Payroll Mate is completely worth the cost. I plan to stick with it for the long haul!

Pros

very cost effective, and simply works, easy to use and update each year

Cons

nothing really, overall my personal opinion, I think the interface could use a little tweaking to make it even better, nothing major, just little details, mostly what I call efficiency tweaks

Blanca F.

Efficiently and Conveniently

Reviewed on 22/3/2017

I consider this tool as an asset to my business and it covers all of my business needs, I recommend this tool to business colleagues and I definitely is an excellent easy to use tool. goes by the name real tax tool.

Pros

easy to order, easy to download, easy to input information, easy to create more needs. and easy to keep safe.

Leesa F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Easy and quick to use.

Reviewed on 31/8/2017

Pros

All tax related figures in one place. Easy to generate reports. Tax withholding amounts automatically done.

Cons

I can not coordinate the payroll check numbers with the check numbers I use in my check printing program. I use Shepherd's Staff and because we have so few employees I don't do an import I just use the figures Payroll Mate generates.
As a church we do not do any withholding for our Pastor so when I generate the Quarterly Federal Tax deposit I have to edit the 941 form to include his wages.

Karen N.

Payroll Mate Great

Reviewed on 22/3/2017

I have been using Payroll Mate for 7 years and find it an easy useful tool. In my business it would be an even better tool if there were an option to separate out job costs. For example: I am remodeling homes at 3 locations during the current pay period. It would be so helpful in my cost breakdown and billing to have information at my fingertips what each employee costs at each location.

Pros

It is so simple to figure out how to use the program.

Cons

There is not an option to separate employee costs by "job" or "location"

David A.

My experience with Payroll Mate

Reviewed on 22/4/2017

I use the program biweekly for the maintenance men and management personnel of a 250 unit homeowner association. The program is very easy to use. The only improvement I would like to see is inputting payroll. Now you input one, go back to the main screen and repeat. A pain. Why not before going back to the main screen there is an option to input payroll for another employee. Would be a lot quicker.

Betty R.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Great program for the money

Reviewed on 7/5/2018

I contacted customer service about the print problem, but no help.

Pros

Handles payroll easily and makes printing tax forms without the dread. So easy to get set up and going.

Cons

Doesn't print checks like expected. I'm using checks from Payroll Mate and was told they would print correctly.

Robin J.

Payroll Mate

Reviewed on 9/2/2017

I've been using Payroll Mate for about four years now. For one fixed price you can run as many company payrolls as you want. You can add features like W2 reporting, direct deposit etc. It's a very good product for the price.

Pros

The price is great.

Cons

It's not very modern. Not cloud based.

Don B.

Best Payroll Software for my Small Business - Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 15/3/2017

I have used this software for 5 years and can say it is very easy to use. The forms & reports are perfect for what I need. The interface is very intuitive for my business. I can easily process payroll checks, make bank deposits, file quarterly Form 941s and annual Form 940. I looked around at different options and this is the most cost effective and easy product I could find. I could be happier with the product and the support!

Pros

Great interface, easy to setup, easy to process payroll and keep ahead of the required quarterly and annual filings for my business.

Cons

I do not have a issue or dislike for any piece of this software.

Joe S.

Great program and cost is good for small business

Reviewed on 15/3/2017

I needed a program for payroll that was not going to cost me so much. This one has worked for me nicely.

Pros

Easy to use and of course cost.

Cons

Have not run across any cons.

Jan R.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Affordable and easy to use Payroll

Reviewed on 21/9/2017

Affordable payroll solution for smaller companies. Ease of use

Pros

This is probably one of the easiest, affordable payroll solutions I have found. It will download new updates when needed. Once you have all your information provided for the company and employees, it quite simple to use and create paychecks. I really like it.

Cons

When creating reports and forms for a specific period you need to remember to use the drop down menu to find the correct period or quarter you are looking for.

Scott B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great product.

Reviewed on 21/4/2017

This has been easy to use and understand. I have been using Payroll Mate for quite a few year now. I will be using it for many more.

Pros

easy to use

Nancy C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Legal Assitant

Reviewed on 12/4/2017

I have had an excellent experience with Payroll Mate. You program is great and so is the support team.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Nothing so far.

James D.
  • Industry: Accounting

Payroll Mate: FIVE STARS!!

Reviewed on 9/3/2017

The support staff was friendly, & had tech-savvy too. She coached me to open the 2017 version on my new computer & transfer the co. data from last year.
Not everyone is good at solving problems for strangers they are unable to see. the support staff is GREAT at exactly that. Thank you!

Pros

Ease of use!

Cons

Zero.

Kathleen M.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great program for small businesses!

Reviewed on 15/3/2017

Your program is very easy to use and I appreciate the value for my small clients! It gives me the reports to tell my clients what to pay and when. The tax deposit reports are very easy to read.

Pros

The way it is laid out. Easy to follow.

Cons

That you can't create multiple checks at one time.

Joni W.
  • Industry: Law Practice

It's been easy to get started and keep working with it each year

Reviewed on 13/3/2017

This has been a great system for me to use. From the start I have had no problems inputting information, getting reports and using the system.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to change from year to year

Cons

Nothing

Kris P.

Everything You Need

Reviewed on 14/3/2017

Payroll mate is a software that is very easy to use and everything you need. It has worked well for our company for the past twelve years. I have always been please with how user friendly all the reports are as well as printing of the payroll checks.

Paul P.

goodbye quickbooks cost

Reviewed on 21/3/2017

Very good software and easy to use. Cost/ expense for the software is excellent in regards to purchasing what is needed for my purposes. Updates are excellent and I am relieved to avoid the extensive and REQUIRED costs associated to Quickbooks.

Steve R.

Perfect Sofware.

Reviewed on 24/3/2017

It's a great software thats easy to use and does exactly what you need it to do. I've tried several different payroll programs and this is the best by far.

Kristy P.

Excellent Product for a Small Business

Reviewed on 14/3/2017

Payroll Mate is a user friendly product. It works very well for a small business. The interface is easy to navigate and it is easy to run reports.

Olalekan A.

Great Payroll Software

Reviewed on 10/3/2017

I have been using PayrollMate for the pass 6 years. Is an excellent payroll software compare with other expensive payroll software out there.

Stacey C.

Reviewed on 9/3/2017

We have used Payroll mate for many years now. It is the perfect payroll software for my small business.

Sam A.

Product Use

Reviewed on 10/3/2017

Very easy to use. I had no problem installing the software and then start using it right way. Good product for money paid.